[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much influence should the opinions of fans have on writing?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 6

File: orihime rukia.jpg (285KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
orihime rukia.jpg
285KB, 1000x563px
How much influence should the opinions of fans have on writing? Say if the fans overwhelming prefer one character or one romantic ending, shouldn't the author acknowledge that? Wouldn't it be selfish and conceited not to?
>>
>>146026835
>How much influence should the opinions of fans have on writing?
Zero.
>Say if the fans overwhelming prefer one character or one romantic ending, shouldn't the author acknowledge that?
No, shameless pandering is shit.
>>
It's the writer's job to write convincing relationships, if there's that much dissent they clearly fucked up along the line. They're not obligated to write anything just because the fans want it, though.
>>
>>146026835
Kubo had every right to end things the way he did. Shitting on Orihime and expecting favours is disgusting behaviour even by shipfags standards.
>>
So what you're saying is that every anime should have a bisexual harem relationship to pander to fans?
>>
>>146026871
>shameless pandering is shit.
Explain that to the Fairy Tail creator
>>
No, I think the fans preference should be a consideration, but a secondary one. I'm a massive Rukiafag but I wouldn't have minded Ichihime of her had built it up a little more
>>
Little to none.
>>
>>146026835
I think its great you fags are that triggered over the smallest fucking thing, i mean first of all bleach fucking sucked regardless of its romantic ending possibilities
>>
>>146026984
Using shit to accurately describe another piece of shit. Like clockwork.
>>
>>146027092
I agree with you retard, If Fairy Tail had a good writer half of the cast would of been dead by now instead of being a pandering piece of shit that it is.
>>
>>146027235
The bad guys should have won already. Too bad they'll either switch sides at the end or job.
>>
>>146026835
>Wouldn't it be selfish and conceited not to?
No, it's selfish and conceited of you to think creators should bend to your whims. It's their creation and they can do with it as the please. It you don't like something then stop reading/watching/supporting it.
>>
>>146026835
I like the way GRRM handles it to be honest. He sets up enough material as foreshadowing so that even fans understand why a character did what he did.

If Kubo did want to set up Ichihime, he should have had Ichigo at least return her affection beforehand. And stop Pierrot from shipping Ichiruki in every filler episode- that was probably the source of a lot of butthurt honestly.
>>
>>146026835
None. Only pray for the author to not be retarded and if he is, don't take his/her stuff any seriously.
>>
File: 1470347472252.gif (998KB, 500x368px) Image search: [Google]
1470347472252.gif
998KB, 500x368px
I'm disappointed that shipping happened in the first place but I'm beyond asshurt that RenRuki happened.

No they shouldn't have any influence. It's up to the writer to create the relationships.
>>
>>146027267
I am actually rooting for them at this point in the manga
>>
>>146026835
Writers and fans should be kept far away from each other. Fans are entitled assholes who harass the writer to push things their way. I can't blame the authors for retaliating against annoying fans, but it could all be avoided if fans would just stay in their lane and let the author write the story they want to write.

However, in Kubo's case I think he always preferred ichihime and never deviated from ichiruki being strictly platonic and that shippers just had their goggles on too tight that they perceive the ending as a betrayal.
>>
As far as getting and maintaining a readership, what they think matters. It's a serialized manga published weekly and its life depends on sentiment; it's not an indie work.

Not so much dictating how one should write though.
>>
Absolutely fucking zero.

Even if the writer is garbage go write some shit fanfic if you want to retell to the lore/universe.
>>
>>146026835
If shonen manga writers pandered to what is popular then we'd have a lot of fujo pairings becoming canon since those are always more popular than hetero ships. If you are okay with that, then that's what pandering will get you.
>>
>>146027487
>serialized
This is the key word. If it was a novel, people are more likely to read it all at once, so they take it as a whole. When it's serialized, especially if it's ongoing, people will have opinions on the way it should go instead of seeing where it goes.
>>
This thread is not even half as retarded as i thought it was going to be. OP should woodchipper himself.
>>
>>146027468
They won't win. They should, but they won't.
>>
>>146026835
None. Even Bakuman touched on this.
>>
The one who makes the stuff should be able to do whatever he wants without being forced by the fanbase--they can decide how much they're influenced.

It's probably better for them to do their own thing altogether.
Pandering might bring in applause from the crowd, but it's sort of shameful.
>>
Let's all forever remember Y-san breaking the fourth wall.
>>
File: 1225634844.jpg (37KB, 1024x640px) Image search: [Google]
1225634844.jpg
37KB, 1024x640px
>>146026835
Absolutely none
>Say if the fans overwhelming prefer one character or one romantic ending, shouldn't the author acknowledge that? Wouldn't it be selfish and conceited not to?
Fuck back off to tumblr and whine about your shipfaggotry there, you overly-entitled, retarded piece of shit.
I hope the mods perma-ban your ass for this colossal shitpost.
>>
>>146026835
Letting the fans influence writing is just asking for your work to be overrun by sjw pandering and mindless middle school trite that will only harm more than help.
>>
>>146026835
Remember when /a/ laughed at the Naruto shipfag meltdown, and we all felt smug that at least /a/ wasn't full of retards like that?
>>
>>146027674
Do you remember which chapter?
>>
>>146026976

>>146027541
>we'd have a lot of fujo pairings becoming canon since those are always more popular than hetero ships
Do you have a source for these claims?
>>
This kind of situation just shows how poor of a writer Kubo is. If he had written it in a better way and shown any development up to both the final pairing relationships the fans wouldn't have been so polarized on these arbitrary pairings - I mean, Kubo didn't show almost any romantic cue if not by the interested girls, isn't it?
>>
File: kira-dead-man.png (93KB, 833x375px) Image search: [Google]
kira-dead-man.png
93KB, 833x375px
>>146026835
NONE

Next?
>>
>>146026871
First post is actually best post once again.
>>
>>146026835
They should if the author's wring ability is at Kubo's level. I've seen fans who have written far better stories and interesting relationships that don't go to waste than Kubo could ever dream of.
>>
>>146026835
>How much influence should the opinions of fans have on writing

None. Just look at how Hana Yori Dango turned into garbage once the author was successfully pressured into prompting the fan favorite from minor side character to main boy.
>>
>>146027674
the editor guy made a good point actually

he said that shonen authors shouldn't try to change their story based on fans letters because most of the time they come from girls as boys don't write as much

since they're creating a shonen manga if they listened to that feedbak they'd end up with a shojo
>>
>>146027409
Same. I dont care about Ichihime, but fuck Renruki.
>Marrying the jobber who was supporting your execution
>>
>>146027980
>>
>>146026835
Only if they are right in their reasoning and respecting the author's message.

In this case Orihimefans were correct in their interpretations and rukiafags were delusional.
>>
>>146026835

Unless if they point like a real plot hole then zero.
>>
>>146026835
>Say if the fans overwhelming prefer one character or one romantic ending, shouldn't the author acknowledge that?
Why the fuck should he/she acknowledge it, it's his/her work not yours.
No, it's not if anything you faggots are the one that is selfish.
>>
>>146026835
No the author should write what he wants and not cater to the fans.
>>
>>146026835

None at all. Though it partially goes into the other direction as well. The author should refrain from taking the story into some direction solely to mess with fan expectations and subvert what they want/speculate.
>>
>>146026835
Story should dictate outcome. You wouldn't have Aizen talk poetry about the meaning of life after all he's done... oh wait, you would.
>>
>>146026835
0. Why the hell would that be a good idea? The original author should dictate what happens, it's their creation, only they can know the outcomes, the direction. Otherwise what is the point? It would be selfish and conceited for "fans" to think they can take the driver's seat.
>>
File: tmp_1380-1471686503516-750725782.jpg (143KB, 670x1100px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_1380-1471686503516-750725782.jpg
143KB, 670x1100px
>>146026835
None. But then again, autors should actually have a clue what they're writing and have scenes mean something, instead of being just red herrings.

I respect Tite's choice to have Ichigo marry that doormat and Rukia a smug ape, it's his story after all, but as it is a retarded decision I've decided to ignore it.
>>
>>146026835
If you're unhappy, just write fanfics.
>>
Meh sometimes writes just can't take the heat and start crying like bitches.
Wouldn't be the first time a year long series went to shit because the creator got triggered.
>>
>>146032260
That scene and character dynamic would have worked just as well if Rukia was a dude.
>>
>>146030372
This is pretty good advice for a manga about selling out.
>>
I love Kubo now that he BTFO all the retarded midget lovers
>>
>>146032977

A gay relationship is fine too
>>
>>146027970
Naruto was already allowed back then so it was full of retards either way. /a/ has just been getting a lot more retards so it's less obvious nowadays.
>>
>>146026835
The opinions of the fans are irrelevant. However, all the chemistry and onscreen interactions supported an Ichigo/Rukia hypothesis. We're told in the last quarter of the last act that Renji and Rukia have "spent time together" but we aren't shown any of it. There's no weight to it.
>>
>>146026835
I only finished up to that one arc where they go in the spirit world and save rukia (heard it goes to shit after anyway)
They were just bros the whole time, not really any hints of romance iirc. Did anything change since then?
>>
>>146026835
If 99% of your readers fail to understand your intentions, it's likely that your writing is shit.

Twists don't count, as they usually have some backing to it. Kubo's conclusions had nothing but his own demented ideas that conflicted with what he wrote.
>>
>>146026835
What's selfish and conceited is the idea that fans have any say whatsoever in a story that isn't theirs and isn't designed to be written around fan input. Just because a few creators here and there have indulged their fans doesn't mean it's every fan's right to be heard.

Also
>if the fans overwhelming prefer one character or one romantic ending
Don't be stupid. You know how many fujos there are and how vocal they are about their ships, right? We'd have more homo pairings than anything.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.