[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pleb test

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5

File: Evangelion_1.png (2MB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Evangelion_1.png
2MB, 1440x1080px
You have 30 seconds to order these elements (from most to least important) and prove you are not a filthy philistine: themes, symbolism, plot, characters, cinematography, compositing (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compositing), animation, art design, music, sound design.
>>
Fuck off.
>>
>OP doesn't order
>>
all of them are equal except for characters and art, which are more important, and characters more so than art
>>
Mirai Mizue sucks
>>
In order of importance:

Cute girls
Action sequences
Adrenaline pumping music
-power gap-
Everything else
>>
>>146020483
Cinematography
Animation
Characters
Plot
Themes
Music
Symbolism
Art Design
Compositing
Sound Design

Advance towards me.
>>
>>146020483
Let's see
Characters
Plot
Themes
Cinematography
Art design
Animation
Symbolism
Music
Compositing
Sound design
>>
>>146020483
Animation
Cinematography
Art Design
Sound Design
Story (Characters, Plot, Themes, Script)
>>
Characters
Cinematography
Music
Themes
Art Design
Plot
Animation
Symbolism
Compositing
Sound Design
>>
>>146020483
1.Voice actress
2.meme potential
3.OP and ED

Power gap

9001.Everything else
>>
>>146020483
Plot
Characters
Themes
Symbolism
animation
cinematography
art design??
music
sound design
composting.
>>
>>146023197
Do you like Kyoto Animation? You seems like you would.
>>
>>146023802
Kyoani excels at all of that though.
>>
Trick question!

1. Seiyuu's virginity
>>
I swear y'all are memeing. If you don't have good animation, storyboards or direction everything will fall apart. In the hands of an amateur staff, an emotional scene will not be properly evoked if the animation plays out like a slideshow or if the art style is unfitting or you have terrible sound design. Take K-On and compare it to most SOL after it and the latter does not compare because of the amount of passion put into the project of the former. The meticulous care into the storyboards, how the characters have a more rounded endearing design, how Yamada's low angle shots, spatial depth and recurring shots evoke tension, melancholy and familiarity. NGE would be a completely different show if you were to take away its aesthetic identity. The audiovisual elements are basically how you translate the scipt into the medium of animation.
>>
Themes>art design>characters>compositing>cinematography>plot>animation>sound design=music>symbolism
>>
>>146024140
I still stand by my statement.
>>
File: 1471061050246.webm (1MB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1471061050246.webm
1MB, 480x480px
Most of you seem to not understand what cinematography is. It's basically a collection of technicalities that the director of photography needs to know, things like optics, how to control light and color, they need to know how cameras work from the inside, how to work with cranes, video formats, basically nothing that the viewer should care about when critiquing a work. For example, you wouldn't critic a game for the computers it was programmed on, or you wouldn't rate a car for the machinery that assembled it. Cinematographers are basically the people who know how to do things, filmmakers and directors are the idea guys, they know what they want and how they envision it but they need the DP to provide the correct tools for the job.

Basically, cinematography is the science, not the art, behind visual storytelling.
>>
Why are you guys rating music and sound design so low? They are definitely the components that contribute more than any of the others to the feel of a scene. Every memorable show sounds good.
>>
>>146020483
1.themes/characters
2.sound design/art design
3.music/cinematography
100.animation
9998.plot
9999.symbolism
>>
File: dropped.jpg (592KB, 1073x961px) Image search: [Google]
dropped.jpg
592KB, 1073x961px
>>146020483
characters
cinematography
compositing
animation
sound design
music
plot
themes
symbolism

Sample: Berserk
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (122KB, 1420x879px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
122KB, 1420x879px
>>146020483
Booty is the only correct answer.
>>
music
everything else you mentioned
>>
>>146026106
someone gets it
>>
>>146020483
cinematography
art design
music/sound design
animation
plot
characters
themes
symbolism

Anime is an audio/visual medium and all the writing in the world won't save you if you can't at least get that aspect of your show up to an acceptable level.
>>
>>146020483
Kill yourself.
>>
Themes
Characters

Everything else is irrelevant desu.
>>
>>146024729
You're retarded. Where the hell did you even come up with that?
>>
Why would anything other than story matter?
>>
>>146024729
Cinematography is the art of making movies.
>>
>>146026567
Time to drop animation and read books.
>>
>>146020828
This this this
Cute girls
Cute art
Electronic music with plenty of bass and synths
Fighting
>>
symbolism is barely even a real thing, it's just a subset of multi-layer construction
>>
>>146028779
Most directors also just make symbolism really vague to let the viewers have their own interpretation. It's seldom that film makers even intentionally create really meaningful metaphors and when they do it often ends up being really heavy handed.

inb4 someone starts listing movies where the symbolism was clearly defined because they don't understand that people don't talk in absolutes.
>>
>>146028656
>Cinematography is the science or art of motion-picture photography by recording light or other electromagnetic radiation, either electronically by means of an image sensor, or chemically by means of a light-sensitive material such as film stock

>A cinematographer or director of photography (sometimes shortened to DP or DOP) is the chief over the camera crews working on a film, television production or other live action piece and is responsible for making artistic and technical decisions related to the image.
>The cinematographer selects the camera, film stock, lens, filters, etc., to realize the scene in accordance with the intentions of the director.

Google helps a lot my dear friend.
>>
since none of them exclude the others there's no reason to rank them because it's possible to get them all right
>>
>>146028925
How does that definition separate the art of making film from cinematography? Because they bother with the technical aspects as well?

They're not mutually exclusive you moron.
>>
>>146020483
tits > ass > all that shit
>>
>>146024729
Cinematography is literally defined as the ART of making motion pictures.
>>
>>146020483
Well it's an anime so:
Anination
Art design
Music
Plot
Everything else
>>
>>146028981
>>146029016

Read my first post again, I said art behind visual storytelling. If you want to get phylosophical and say this mainly technical skill set an art go ahead. The thing is, the end user cannot rate or critic cinematography, just like you can't rate a painting from the paintbrushes the artist used. Cinematography is the mean to the end, and you're all using the word wrong.
>>
>>146020483
Characters > Plot > Everything else > Symbolism
>>
>>146020483
characters
themes
sound design
cinematography
compositing,
plot
music
art design
animation
>>
>>146029294
Dude, I don't even know what to say. I've never heard of someone isolating cinematography to the input of the technical aspects while completely ignoring that there's an output. Your analogy isn't even accurate.

The definitions you posted even mentions that it involves the artistic decisions related to the image or scene.
>>
>>146029579
The output is the shot composition, balance, visual tension, texture, contrast, rythm, directionality. The visual language is what the output is. I don't know what other allegories I can use so you can understand that cinematography is not the final output, but the actual inner workings behind it.
>>
File: 1339469192885.png (12KB, 560x407px) Image search: [Google]
1339469192885.png
12KB, 560x407px
If i put plot and themes first and then everything else relevant to a visual medium last will people think i'm smart?
>>
>>146029975
No it's the other way around. Who the fuck cares about the sequence of events in a story or derivative themes which has already been explored elsewhere?
>>
>>146020483
>take my original idea for a thread
>turn it into bait
Wow, go fuck yourself.
>>
>>146020483
Anyone without art design at the top should just fuck off to another medium
>>
>>146029063
People remember anime for its characters, not for its plot
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.