[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has there ever been such a failure of a main character like Ash?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (200KB, 675x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
200KB, 675x1200px
Has there ever been such a failure of a main character like Ash?
>>
Subaru
>>
>>145913378
You
>>
>>145913378
>JUST across the years

Next time he will win...
>>
>>145914033
I came.

And wanted to post this.
>>
>>145913378
Well, at least this time he lost by an inch.

M-maybe in couple more years or something.
>>
>>145913378
>that last panel
it's like he doesn't care anymore. all that choking has finally gotten to him
>>
>>145913378
He lost to a fedora Meowth?
>>
File: pero_no_se_me_da.jpg (105KB, 1147x765px) Image search: [Google]
pero_no_se_me_da.jpg
105KB, 1147x765px
>>145913378
Pokemon is a story about endless suffering
>>
>>145913378
Nobita
>>
>>145913378
reminder that even Naruto achieved his dream of becoming Hokage
>>
>Ash is alpha nao!
>Ash has gotten better!
>Ash is winning the league with just Pikachu!

animefag status: REKT, TOLD, and BTFO'd

smell ya later next gen
>>
>>145913378
He got into second place, and he defeated the champion's ace too. Ash is still great, XY is still great. Nothing to see here, folks.
>>
>>145917941
All we need now is confirmation that their precious Serena is getting dumped for an Alola slut and the Pokefags will be eternally cucked.
>>
>>145914033
Beat me to it.
>>
>>145915992
He placed second in that last panel - it's the closest he's ever been. I wouldn't really be sad after that either.
>>
So next region he's going to job like a motherfucker again, then he gets mutual KO'd in the final match of the region after that?
>>
Giant fucking failure desu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M76gKqGnvM0
>>
>>145918159
except that nintendo said they are seriously thinking about retiring the satoshi character soon

so this may be his last chance (that he failed)
>>
He's been getting closer every league right? He came runners up, theres only one way forward.
>>
>>145918399
Don't kid yourself, you and I both know Ash will be adventuring until the day Pokemon dies.
>>
>>145913599
even subaru fixes his fucking mistakes

ash is a LOSER
>>
>>145918399
>except that nintendo said they are seriously thinking about retiring the satoshi character soon

Because the ratings are going down the toilet, Ash getting cucked will make things worse.

That's why they recently experimented with a fresh new anime like Pokemon Origins
>>
>>145918412
He went backwards in Unova, from top 4 to top 8.
>>
>>145918449
well, i sure hope so, you know, at least give him one league win before scrapping him

i mean, right now, he's not a good trainer.........but a kick ass pokemon researcher. is there a legendary he DIDNT see? at this point, he should retire and join the professors club.
>>
>>145918572
>i mean, right now, he's not a good trainer..
He's a great trainer, Anon.

It literally took Tobias pulling out a full team of diabolus ex machina legendaries just to beat him.
>>
>>145918681
he's got reverse plot armor
he cannot win, that makes him a bad trainer
it sucks but its true
>>
I don't blame Ash, I blame the writers.
20 goddamn years and they can't let him win one tournament.
>>
>>145918799
He won the Orange League!
>>
>>145918944
>He won against a bunch of island hicks
>>
>>145918799
The point is it's not about winning that matters, but trying your best.
>>
>>145919019
sure, but it sure is nice to get your effort end in the goal you have since the very beginning
>>
>>145918799
at this point, replacing ash with a robotic tour guide would pretty much have the same result
>>
>>145919019
At the cost of forced losses? At the cost of never learning from your mistakes and growing up?

They could have make him win the league and then lose against an elite four or something, there's no valid reason for to this development.
>>
Ok lets be honest, his loss against Takuto in the Sinnoh league was bullshit. He goes up against the one guy who starts whipping out legendaries like they dont matter, and gets completely demolished.
>>
>>145919448
At least he lost agains someone wotrthy of a team of legendaries, he didn't lost against again a newbie like in BW or against an angsty gary stue with barely any experience or motivations.
>>
What was the rival's full team? I thought Satoshi pulled out his heavy hitters for this league.
>>
>>145919155
Ash won't sacrifice his heart for the sake of winning. He could easily win if he built a team dedicated to that, but that's not what his story is about.

He's like one of those kids whose teams are made of early game pokemon he overleveled, including some he absurdly chose not to evolve, all with their own nicknames. It's approached like a gang of friends playing baseball in a backyard sandlot, not a soviet wrestling team min-maxing with their eyes on the olympic gold.
>>
you know 7 is a good luck number

im sure he will win next time
>>
>>145918490
Pokemon Origins was in 2013 and was just a miniseries, nobody cares about it.
>>
>>145919579
what you say is probably true.
but this makes ash the worst obstacle for ash to make ash's dream come true

and this, makes him a loser, a happy one
>>
>>145913378
Last 2 season it looks like he is use to losing
>>
>>145919719
But his dream is to be the best WITHOUT sacrificing his values.

The latter is the biggest obstacle, but it just means he's reaching for a higher dream than most. That's why he won't feel upset if he loses to a Gary etc. Giving up on his integrity and treating the pokemon like tools and not friends would've been the easy way out.
>>
>>145919003
Guess where he's headed now motherfucker
>>
>>145920004
you dont need to turn into hitler to make a good balanced team. ash is a good kid with a big heart but not too bright
>>
>>145918572
>yfw it turns out that Gary while a great researcher would be a legendary trainer and Ash while a great trainer would be a legendary researcher.
>>
>>145920037
huh, well that would be funny that he dominate the alola region........theres no gym or league there.
>>
>>145920240
i would see that
gary always had an ego, makes him a good trainer
ash is the hippiest one with nature person, makes a good professor
>>
>>145920285
wut? then, what are pokemon sun and moon about? just beating the new baddies and saving the new legendaries?
>>
>>145920285
>Turns out that Lillie is Ash's daughter and Ash destroyed the Alola Pokemon League after growing cynical with Pokemon battles, your character coming to Alola causes a stir and forces him to get his Pokemon back together and you have to beat him to revive his spirit
>>
>>145920348
theres team skull to deal with i guess?
>>
>>145920347
Now imagine if Ash and Gary worked together?
>>
>>145913378
Which Region's league Ash did not challenge? Johto?
>>
>>145920416
constant bickering but great result in pokemon research
>>
>>145920512
Make it a buddy cop style show and you've hit gold
>>
>>145920573
I want this spinoff now, hell make a game series about it.
>>
>>145917203
Not even close, Nobita married his dream girl and had a bro-tier best friend robot during his childhood. Dude was winning.
>>
>>145917830
Then fucking died.
>>
>>145913378
The Indigo League, was reasonable he lost like that. He was a hotshot derp. Pokemon used was still everyone he still had.

Silver Conference, because that Blaziken. Also pokemon used was still everyone he had, better placing than Indigo League. Also settled his score with Gary motherfucking Oak. He used every pokemon he had at that point.

Hoenn League, because Meowth plot armor. Pokemon used is only from Hoenn. So that's a given that he'd job.

Sinnoh League, because Darkrai. He still trumped over Shinji/Paul with his Sinnoh Pokemon. He did use all his available pokemon (outside of Charizard) against Darkrai/Latios, but well. Darkrai an asspull. Placed better than Hoenn league. Considering he used his old pokemon.

BW. BW is shit. And also Lucario plot armor. AND No using old pokemon. he jobbed harder than what happened in hoenn. Very expected. (I actually dont remember what ranking he placed)

But what about Kalos?

In Kalos League, he earns a Mega for himself. He beats Shota and makes it to finals, way better than whatever happened to Hoenn League or BW Shitter.

But the thing that's making everyone furious is the fact that, he has never won an official league, only ranking better from league to league. Despite that, his achievements are quite solid imo.
>>
Has there ever been an MC that has jobbed as hard as Ash?
>>
>>145921644
Wasn't that years after he became Hokage? hell wasn't it only implied that he died? i haven't kept up to date with Naruto since it ended so if Naruto legit died on page and was confirmed dead i wouldn't know.
>>
>>145920573
>Dammit, Gary, you can't keep having your grandpa cover this! Sure, you did great in taking down Team Rocket headquarters, but the mayor wants my head for you destroying the railway!
>>
>>145917203
>Beat space mercenary on 1v1 gun duel
>Loser
>>
>>145916930
Image would've been hilarious if it weren't for the fact that Alain is cropped onto an Arsenal player
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.