[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 12

Post your honest opinion on it. I think that it actually might be bigger than we thought.
>>
It was pretty good.
>>
File: rakugo.jpg (97KB, 1846x1078px) Image search: [Google]
rakugo.jpg
97KB, 1846x1078px
it's AOTY >>145731917
>>
File: rakugo.gif (952KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
rakugo.gif
952KB, 500x280px
The VA's performance where the best in years.
>>
>>145732949
I second this.
I'm not ready for Kikuhiko's inevitable death in S2 though ;_;
>>
>>145733174
Ishida's role actually brought him to my attention and now I actually try to seek out anything he is actively in.
He was fantastic.
>>
It was truly fantastic. I haven't felt this way about an Anime since Code Geass. It's easily AOTY and probably the best show I've seen this decade. I can't wait for season 2.
>>
Amazing, characters were great and the music was spectacular but the story moved a bit too slow.
>>
I'ts the first sign to the now Based studio DEEN.
>>
v good m8
>>
>>145731917
boring shit.
>>
I don't give a shit about Rakugo so I can't say I particularly liked the Rakugo scenes.
The drama was all right but overdone. This is a series you can tell is obviously targeted at women, and if you aren't into that type of story, you'll probably find difficulty enjoying it. It isn't like most "better" josei where people outside the demographic can get a lot of it, at least in my opinion. It feels like a soap opera dialed down a bit or the average K-Drama.
As an anime it doesn't do anything particularly well. It doesn't make use of animation, the directing isn't anything special, the soundtrack doesn't help scenes a lot, etc. The best thing about it was the voice work, the two leads were done very well.
>>
>>145735410
>The drama was all right but overdone
The drama is pretty subtle until Sukeroku dies.
>>
I want to know where that red head got her baby, and what the mcs gonna do about it.
>>
>>145735410
>the directing isn't anything special
INCORRECT
Rakugo pays a special amount of attention to body language and facial expressions in a way most anime never fucking bother with. Almost every shot is reflective of what the director wants the audience to feel or is communicating to the audience how the characters feel. Do they feel small, lonely, are they bringing life to the scene? What are they thinking about? Who are they thinking about? The shot tells you.
>>
It was so good, that nobody was able to think of anything to shitpost about it. The highest quality praise a show can get.
>>
best this year and one of my favourites.
>>
File: 1452785693013.jpg (94KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1452785693013.jpg
94KB, 1280x720px
>>145735706
Gangbangs for pay at every bar and onsen in the greater area. Some faceless mob is the kid's father. Luckily for her, some ex-convict is around to assume responsibility while she just plays his platonic beard.
>>
It's good. Well directed, great voice acting and the story and characters are engaging, but it's not backed up with a particularly strong production otherwise. Animation, background art, character art, digital composite, none of it goes beyond being just good enough.
>>
>>145731917
Was a great show.
>>
>>145735387
This
>>
>>145735387
not this
>>
>>145735766
It's basic shit. Watch more cinema.
>>
>>145736028
>>
I completely forgot about this show. What I do remember is people saying that this show was going to be one that's talked about constantly for years after.
>>
Season 2 when?
>>
>>145738936
Winter 2017
>>
>>145731917
Damn fine animu, looking forward to more old cranky man, wacky ex-con apprentice and pissed off adopted/pregnant daughter
>>
File: today was a good day .jpg (12KB, 258x195px) Image search: [Google]
today was a good day .jpg
12KB, 258x195px
>>145739015
>>
>>145731917
An amazing series with a sense of style that perfectly evokes the feelings of periods it takes place in, and with a strong message to send about art. Despite it not being so popular now, in maybe 7 or 8 years time, people will look back on it as a cult classic of the 10s, just as we look back on Utena and Lain as cult classics of the 90s even though they weren't so popular when they aired.
>>
>>145741229
Holy shit this delusion.
>>
>>145731917
It was fantastic and I loved it.
>>
I don't think it's bad, but I think the middle dragged on a bit.
There were several episodes that just reinforced the characters and their relationships without actually telling us anything new about them. Kikuhiko has small, steady breakthroughs on stage, but everything else remains quite static for a long time and it's grating.

I'm sure a lot of people will disagree with me, but I don't I can be brought around on the pacing unless I watched it again and saw it differently myself.
>>
>>145742084
It won't be regarded like Lain or Utena but it will probably have long, but small, legs in the anime community. It will never gain massive attention, but will regularly be brought up as a good anime. Æ Lets say like Hourou Misuko,but rakugo will be bigger. Never really popular, but will be brought up.
>>
>>145742754
I know what you mean, but I don't feel like I've seen any mention of Hourou Musuko in years.
>>
>>145735125
Literally every part of this post is low-quality bait
>>
>>145731917
And who are "we" exactly? There was a fanbase on /a/ that made threads for it every week. It's liked.
>>
>>145742797
Okay Hourou Musuko is probably a bit too obscure. But will probably remain a cult classic among people who are interested in the themes. The problem with finding better examples is that I probably don't know about them. But I think a good one would be YKK. Not well known, but still regarded as a masterpiece by those who know. YKK will probably be rated higher in the long run, though, and remain more well known in ten years. But will be similar. Or like Infinite Ryvius perhaps?
>>
I loved it, easy AOTY so far for me and I'd even give it a subjective 9/10 at this point. It'll probably go down next season since a lot of my enjoyment had to do with Bon and Shin together, but I'm sure it'll be great anyway. DEEN really outdid themselves with the adaption quality.
>>
>>145736390
>There weren't any cute girls, so I didn't like it.
>>
>>145736091
>just good enough
Isn't that fairly impressive, considering Studio DEEN?
>>
>>145732949
Pretty much. Really excited for the incoming season two.
>>
>>145743574
He's pretty accurate, though I think the art was nice. Either way the real question is why he'd think those elements are remotely important compared to the ones he praised. Who gives a shit about animation in comparison to direction or writing in a drama that mostly revolves around people talking?
>>
File: 1405809683158.png (104KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1405809683158.png
104KB, 320x240px
>I think that it actually might be bigger than we thought
>>
>>145731917
It was good enough to bring Megumi Hayashibara out of semi-retirement, so it must've had something going for it.
>>
i really loved it and especially looked forward to the performances; my fiance fell asleep within the first 15 minutes
>>
>>145745619
>my fiance fell asleep within the first 15 minutes
You've made a huge mistake.
>>
>>145731917
Looking forward to season 2 and hopefully finding out who the baby daddy is
>>
Fantastic show about what it means to be an artist as well as the constant struggle of old mediums to survive as technology advances.

Good bromance as well.
>>
Reminder that the manga has started being scanlated by Helvetica, they have just reached the start of the flash back arc. You should read it if you liked the show, it's like rediscovering it in a different form and Haruko's artwork is very enjoyable.
>>
>>145747023
Fucking finally.
>>
>>145735410
>As an anime it doesn't do anything particularly well.

It executes well. It pulls together basic competency in all the areas of making a show, to make something better than its whole.
>>
I loved it and the OP is pure sex.
>>
I thought it was very interesting. Definitely my AOTY.
>>
I am eagerly waiting for season 2.
>>
It was great. Fantastic performances and the story was very nice too. Art was quite good as well, I appreciated the storyboard work. Favourite of winter, easily, but I likely won't rank it too highly come the end of the year.
>>
>>145743384
YKK is insanely popular. I feel you're overestimating it quite a bit. Maybe a step or two more popular than something like Hourou Musoko or House of Five Leaves but not anything like a cult classic.
>>
>>145735410
>the soundtrack doesn't help scenes a lot
Objectively wrong. The soundtrack was one of the most memorable bits
>>
File: 1401299384512.jpg (41KB, 429x377px) Image search: [Google]
1401299384512.jpg
41KB, 429x377px
>>145731917
I can't believe DEEN put out 4 shows I liked in just this year. Not as in 'just ok' or 'inoffensive enough', but I actually found myself looking forward to them at least somewhat.
>>
File: 1462709775372.jpg (63KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1462709775372.jpg
63KB, 1024x576px
Shit mom
>>
>>145752259
Agreed. I can't remember most of the Rakugo stories but I can remember the music that played in them, and how much they improved the experience. I didn't necessarily understand the stories so the music was pretty essential to conveying the tone for me.
>>
>>145742412
The pacing was fine for what it is, a story about storytellers. Think about it
>>
>>145754534
>I didn't necessarily understand the stories
Were you watching raws or something? Even the crunchy subs did an adequate job to me of conveying the tones and humour of the stories.
>>
It was superb. Can't wait for the second season.
>>
File: shouwa-genroku-rakugo-shinjuu_1.jpg (61KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
shouwa-genroku-rakugo-shinjuu_1.jpg
61KB, 600x300px
>>145743079
Agreed
>>
>>145743079
>every week
And the weekly thread died before even 200 posts and that was it.
>>
File: Gangster Boss.jpg (225KB, 1065x653px) Image search: [Google]
Gangster Boss.jpg
225KB, 1065x653px
>>145746229
Seriously hope it's not laughing boy
>>
>>145755967
What if it's Kiku
>>
>>145754073
This was such a beautiful scene, i had goosebumps all over me. Also, she is the pure femininity, finally female character you can care about.
>>
>>145755501
I understood what was happening, it was more than the music helped to tell me if something was a punchline or a climax. On dialogue alone they fell very flat for me, which might be a cultural thing, but the music and voice acting conveyed the tones made it engaging.
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.