[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will this be the next Dragonball Evolution? And why are Japs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 9

File: gitsmovie.jpg (50KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
gitsmovie.jpg
50KB, 800x450px
Will this be the next Dragonball Evolution? And why are Japs ok with being cucked out of their own shit?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DhoBuU1Dtc
>>
>>>/pol/
>>
I don't care but that actress is so one dimensional. She always have that face like she's smelling a fart.
>>
Because they do the same to everyone else.
>>
>>145591203
>Will this be the next Dragonball Evolution? And why are Japs ok with being cucked out of their own shit?
Actual the Japanese make horrible live action adaptations of anime themselves. So since they couldn't do it either they wouldn't complain.

Evolution was known to suck because the writer literally half-assed it. GitS will have a low chance of being good but if it fails, it is very likely nothing to do with the actress. 99% chance anything going wrong would happen with the script itself.
>>
File: chimpanzee.jpg (71KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
chimpanzee.jpg
71KB, 640x480px
>>145591279
Her face is really ape-ish
>>
File: GITS major.jpg (64KB, 1280x692px) Image search: [Google]
GITS major.jpg
64KB, 1280x692px
>>145591457

It's what I liked about the 1995 movie. It was all in her eyes, she appears human but there was the eyes, lifeless sort of. She never blinks in the 1995 movie and it's creepy. My point being the art direction and attention to detail has to be very on point with this too.
>>
>>145591279

Antje Traue would have been pretty good if cast.
>>
File: 100%Irish.jpg (70KB, 500x325px) Image search: [Google]
100%Irish.jpg
70KB, 500x325px
Why do people care so much about the race of fictional characters?
>>
>>145592276
>Why do people care so much about the race of fictional characters?
It is more like they like to pretend the film would somehow have a great script, and was hoping to blame everything on the actress when the film fails.
>>
>>145592276
What if Superman is Arabic is his next movie? Would you be ok with that?
>>
>>145593227
I'd think it was funny, just like with whatever diversity crap people are trying to push.

If that work is bad then I won't watch it.

Besides, there was a black spiderman somewhere.
>>
>>145593227
>What if Superman is Arabic is his next movie? Would you be ok with that?
He could certainly have been dropped in the Middle East. But I am pretty sure there are difficulties in making Clark Kent follow any Earth religion that doesn't believe in Space Aliens.
>>
>>145591203
>cucked
>>
File: poit.jpg (140KB, 421x316px) Image search: [Google]
poit.jpg
140KB, 421x316px
>>145593227
with a name like Kal El i'd expect a middle easterner
>>
>>145593403
>>145592276

I'm curious. Are you white?
>>
>>145593227
I would laugh my ass off because I'm sure everyone on /b/ and /pol/ would be going absolutely ape-shit.

>>145593461
kek
>>
>>145591203
Normal people don't give a shit about chinese cartoons. Also for Hollywood this is just another movie.
>>
The anger over the casting is fucking dumb.
I just want a trailer already, to see if the writing is shit. Holding off everything else until then.
>>
File: new.png (89KB, 350x200px) Image search: [Google]
new.png
89KB, 350x200px
>>145591203
Nope
>>
wait what?

have you ever even seen an anime with an asian person in it?
>>
>>145593689
Flowers of Evil
>>
>>145593227
Absolutely fine with it. Though admittedly, part of that is because watching Americans get butthurt that he's not white would be entertaining.
>>
>>145593785
This one's a masterpiece. Still in love with all of it, design included.
>>
It won't be another DBZ Evolution, but the movie has to serve too man masters and will be a forgettable action flick.

Japan doesn't much care about the casting, because it's just another Hollywood adaptation that they already know is aimed at Americans (and to a lesser the Chinese).
>>
After being cucked with he ps4 and Pokemon go and having a serve fetish for being cucked by their own women... I say they've gotten used to it by now
>>
>>145591203
>why are Japs ok
Because anime characters are supposed to be white people.
>>
>>145593919
>Because anime characters are supposed to be white people.
False. They're supposed to look like cartoon characters, and anime that feature characters from "white" countries do make them look different from the Japanese characters.
>>
>>145593886
Me too. The director of Mushishi cannot be wrong
>>
>>145594001
>anime that feature characters from "white" countries do make them look different from the Japanese characters.
Not always. In Joker Game Japanese and European characters had similar features.
>>
>>145594102
Well, more subtle differences in some than others, at least.
>>
>>145593227
That wouldn't make as much sense narratively with him being dropped in the area of the US he landed in. But I think most people (myself included) wouldn't care because he is not from Earth and I doubt the movie would make it a point within the film
>>
>>145591203
Japan doesn't give a shit about what Hollywood does with their stuff.
>>
>>145594222
You forget that there are stories where he didn't land in the US; there's one where he landed in Russia and another where he landed in England.
>>
Fuck this bullshit, why you gotta make live action versions of cartoons?
It would be much easier to just hire MADHOUSE/BONES or some other anime studio since Japan's economy is just barely supporting itself. Much cheaper than trying to keep pace with the rest of Hollywood's crazy skyrocketing costs, right?
Plus it wouldn't be just another generic Hollywood "blockbuster" that fails to break even harder than new-Ghostbusters; it would be the underdog for Best Animated Movie against Disney's latest CGI kiddy cartoon.
>>
>>145591203
I think the director is going to matter more than the actress for this movie. After watching Under the Skin, I kind of see why they cast Scarlett Johansson for the role. I still don't think it was a good choice but if the director knows what he's doing, they might be able to make it work.
>>
>>145593652
kek, almost forgot about this
>tfw Zac Efron will never be Light
>>
>>145594628
I know they went with that fucking dweeb in paper towns. White washing wouldn't have even been an issue because the nips love Efron.
>>
>>145594275
Japan or Japanese studios are not paying anything, the whole production is being handled by Dreamworks.
Also, if the movie is a success in the West the potential revenue will be much higher than that of a 2D version that only otakus would go to watch.

Choosing Scarlett Johansonnn as the main characters also makes sense from a commercial standpoint, as she'll draw in those people who don't care about or have never heard of GitS but who'll go to the theater anyway just for her.
>>
>>145594749
Pretty much. All that matters is how much money they can make relative to their investment. Live action with American actors (at least in one or two major roles) is way easier to sell to Americans than animated and/or foreign.
>>
>>145592276
The only person whose race I've ever cared about in any media is hermione and that'sonly because they made 8 fucking movies already and now they switch her to black because "muh white wash" and "multiculturalism lol"
t. slanteye rice fuck
>>
>>145591457

>GitS will have a low chance of being good but if it fails, it is very likely nothing to do with the actress.

If it fails it will be for one reason and one reason alone. They did not cast Ron Perlman as Batou.
>>
>>145595679
Well, the original novels never actually state her race or skin colour, only mention features which are just as plausible for a black girl as for white.
>>
>>145591203
I don't know, i hope Origa sings the song.
>>
>>145595886
Yeah, and Voldemort has a silent T, it just took over a decade to mention it.
>>
File: Irish nigs.jpg (178KB, 1803x979px) Image search: [Google]
Irish nigs.jpg
178KB, 1803x979px
>>145592276
In the 1800s, anti-immigration groups tried to circulate the idea that Irish are descended of negros.
>>
File: 1312425245874.jpg (108KB, 994x1516px) Image search: [Google]
1312425245874.jpg
108KB, 994x1516px
>>145594264
Part of DC's Elseworlds line where writers could come up with strange "What if" scenarios that didn't have to conform to or worry about any existing continuity.
Some are terrible like Act of God, but Red Son is a god-tier Superman story because it understands what makes Superman super. Pity the new DC movies couldn't be bothered to read a little bit.
>>
>>145594734
Efron's just too old at this point. 10 years ago, he would have been absolutely perfect. Now, he'd make a better Maeda.
>>
>>145591203
>Implying elevens should give a shit about some shitty hollywood "adaptation"
>>
>>145595886
Well, people did find a passage that talks about her white face poking out around a tree.
Still, it doesn't really matter in the long run.
>>
File: image.jpg (119KB, 392x599px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
119KB, 392x599px
>>145596346
You give a comic writer an inch, they'll take it so far they go to alternate dimensions where Santaman kills twin clones of Hitler and their Batman clone using what looks less like a gun and more like modern art.
>>
>>145596672
I learned of that from pure meme status years ago.
I thought it might be actually fun in a stupid, schlocky sort of way.
Nope.
It's just all bad all the time. No ironic enjoyment to be found in the slightest.
>>
>>145591203
Why would japs care? Theyve got the superior version in manga and anime form.
>>
>>145596438
They should. It'll hurt the GiTS brand name. And nips have been made to be passive and conformist to everything, and have Stockholm syndrome post WWII. Of course today's nips they won't say anything to big brother. Therefore, if we, the people who actually have the balls to fight for the media we love, then who will? It just hurts me to see fucking Hollywood raping anime culture, the number one resource (besides cars) of Japan like this. Speed Racer, Astro Boy, Resident Evil, the list goes on and on of series that were willingly fucked in the ass by greedy fucks. It's like 99% of dubbed anime, you instinctively know its wrong. I guarantee you the raping of nip culture won't stop here. Soon, you're animus will be made primarily by western studios. Moe and waifus won't exist anymore since they'll be deemed misogynistic. Mark my words.
>>
>>145597002
see
>>145596929

The U.S. already has Okinawa and control of Japan's army. Anime will be next.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.