[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Meet girl in fantasy world >Decide to dedicate your entire

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 7

File: subaru.png (244KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
subaru.png
244KB, 640x360px
>Meet girl in fantasy world
>Decide to dedicate your entire life and eternal existence to saving her, dooming yourself to eternal suffering for no reason, all within minutes of meeting her

>Get betrayed and murdered in your sleep by crazy blue-haired chick
>Decide to forgive her because she held your hand once

>Be in extremely formal meeting
>Purposely make a fool of yourself and humiliate everyone around you for no reason

What the fuck is wrong with this man?
>>
He acts like hes playing a VN, so of course his mission is to save the first girl who acts nice to him.

It was in different timelines so its all water under the bridge.

That was Subaru acting cocky after his last challenges and having no idea how the world at large works.

Overall hes a cocky little NEET who tries to act like a hero all the time because of his personal demons.
>>
>>145573403
>Meet girl in fantasy world
>Decide to dedicate your entire life and eternal existence to saving her, dooming yourself to eternal suffering for no reason, all within minutes of meeting her

I'd dedicate my life to serving Priscilla-sama if I ever met her. Stop projecting your own view of what's right to others.
>>
File: question.jpg (98KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
question.jpg
98KB, 1024x768px
>>145573403
Isn't that the plan though? He's supposed to be terrible and a big shit. Typically an audience is more drawn to an MC that is being shit on instead of those that get their way all the time. Also, the more terrible he is, the more they can look at him in a positive light when he eventually gets better.

I don't follow the VN though, so a question to those that do: is the change reflective of the shitting that he's got so far? I mean not is he cool now, but is he cool now /because/ he went through a process that is logical and believable
>>
>>145573528
He acts unlike a NEET and then acts like a NEET whenever the author needs dumb drama? Okay.
>>
>>145573811
So questioning shallow reasons is now projecting? The only reason you find it acceptable is because you might also do it?
>>
>>145574153
There isn't a fucking VN you retard
>>
>>145574153
*LN
>>
>>145573403
He's the S U P R E M E G E N T
>>
>>145574164
When does he not act like a NEET?
>>
>>145573528
Yeah, but problem is all of Subaru's problems are entirely self-inflicted and irrational. Even the most basic fantasy stories at least put the effort into having a logical set up, where the hero is faced with a certain conflict and has a reason to go through with it and save the world, save his family, go back home, etc.

Subaru has none of that. No rational person would ever choose to take the path that Subaru did, as the entire basis of his adventure (saving Emilia) is ridiculously underdeveloped for the amount of suffering he has to go through in order to achieve it. He comes off as an unrelatable crazy person, when he was clearly meant to be a regular NEET other losers can relate to. He certainly does not act like a regular NEET would in this scenario, but he doesn't even act like a human being.
>>
File: 1467133453991.png (514KB, 790x1118px) Image search: [Google]
1467133453991.png
514KB, 790x1118px
Even before he opens his mouth in episode 13 you're thinking
>No Subaru don't do, it's not worth it
But he does it anyway.
>>
>>145573403
Perhaps the worst MC I've ever seen
>>
Shit writing, shit faces
>>
Fucking idiots, he's not a NEET.
>>
>>145577363
Yes he was. Watch the first episode again.
>>
Hey man if you've got a life with no direction and you need an excuse to live there you go
>>
>>145575334
> Basis of his adventure.
> Unrelatable
How the fuck is Subaru supposed to be realistic or relatable? No, in fact, do you understand Subaru's character?
>>145577414
> Watch first episode.
> Never once stated he was a NEET.
You assumed, also, he's a truant. Technically not NEET.
>>
>>145573403

>the first female in his life that has spoken to him

You wouldn't?
>>
>>145573403
/a/ hates him so much because he probably still makes significantly less autistic choices than anyone else on this board would in his situation
>>
File: 1417789437354.png (89KB, 580x599px) Image search: [Google]
1417789437354.png
89KB, 580x599px
>>145573403
Subaru did and said nothing wrong.
>>
He's desperate for love and attention.
>>
>>145577546
you generally want a MC that your audience can relate to.

Note that relate to does not mean "self insert".

Like we can relate to Gut's desire for revenge because his comrades were killed by someone they trusted. We understand why he wants to kill Griffith.

The problem with Subaru is that we dont understand why he is doing dumb shit other than "lol hes dumb"
>>
>>145573528
>He acts like hes playing a VN
Then give an Oscar for him because he acts extremely well.

I'm tired of this shit answer. No normal human being could pretend so good after seeing so many disgrace. That's just plot convenience.
>>
>>145573403
This is how an actual NEET would act in this situation.
>>
>>145573403
He's a dumb teenager who's read too many Light Novels with OP MCs.
>>
>>145574233
>/a/ are a buncha shallow self inserters
Whyre you surprised at this considering all those "he should love rem instead" threads?
>>
>>145577414
>>145577546
He said he did absolutely nothing with his life, he's no different from a NEET.
>>
>>145581856
>>145581840
>This is how an actual NEET would act in this situation.
Sure, because NEETs are immune to traumatic experiences.
>>
>>145578472
Nice projection.
>>
>>145581933
Any reasonable man would. But Subaru isn't reasonable so it's consistent.
>>
>>145582017
> immune to traumatic experience.
Subaru doesn't really have traumatic experiences so to say, more like most of his mental trauma is just him wanting attention and sympathy.
>>
He was apparently a normalfag extrovert before all this so that seems to be reasoning for his acting. Got bummed at being measured against his old man (OP's cap makes sense now) and retreated from life. Now he's got his second chance in fantasy land, to ham it up and get all the love, attention and respect he craves, which is obviously immature coming from a zero.

He reminds me of Sorata. People hated him for similar reasons.
>>
>>145581840
>>145581986
>>145580835
I have no idea what you mean by 'normal'. Subaru has shown himself to be not a normal person throughout the series. Most of the criticism towards Subaru is how he doesn't act realistic when his mentality has been shown not to be 'realistic' (and I am pretty sure realism is not really what the author is intending). It's just another way of saying, "I don't understand Subaru." Subaru is far from the norm, there is a pattern to his thinking, it's just alot of people don't understand it. Not even the contrarians or majority of the fans have figured it out.
>>
>>145582715
I'd say dieing 8+ times is pretty traumatic.
>>
>>145582715
>Subaru doesn't really have traumatic experiences so to say
He was killed and saw people being killed in an extremely violent way several times, and yet he continues to act like a hero. Convenient as hell.

After all, NEETs are still human, they have limits. Subaru don't. He is not realistic, but a very idealized version of a NEET.
>>
>>145573403
How similar are Shirou and Subaru?
>>
>>145582483
nice buzzword
>>
>>145583368

You forget a lot of NEET are looking for a reason to live, his is emilia, the irony is he is also dying to live for her, his solace was escaping to fantasy worlds and looking upon normal people experiencing love with envy since you feel like you can never have it because you are broken.

Now he gets a chance to get his wish.
>>
>>145583368
Also most of the time you speak like you can do things instead of doing them because you feel you are garbage to those around you and want to avoid getting treated like so.

You can see that in him too, where he slowly realizes that people won't hate him for trying even if he fails or does a bad job.
>>
>>145583353
I just call that him not getting used to dying and not prepared for it majority of the time.
>>145583368
How many times do I have to say he is NOT a NEET? He's a truant. All he is revolved around is wanting to have an existance for himself and not others.
>>
>>145583353
Dying 8+ times is pretty much his own fault. Emilia is a death magnet and he just can't stop himself from orbiting her.
>>
Which re zero girl would you rape
>>
>>145584747
Emilia, it wouldn't count as rape.
>>
>>145584913
>implying emilia would have sex with you
>>
>>145585019
That's the whole point of "rape", friend. It's taking what you want.
>>
>>145585099
right but then it counts as rape
>>
>>145585149
Elves can't be raped.
>>
Reminder:

Subaru's actions with Emilia come from the fact he is literally being mind raped by Satella who is pushing him towards her.

He has no choice in what he does. Its all one big conspiracy.
>>
>>145585876
Sure, that's why Satella killed Emilia when Subaru tried to get too intimate and tell her his deepest secrets.
>>
>>145574153
>VN

I STOPPED READING THERE
>>
>>145574153
Ugh, you insufferable faggot.

This series is a webnovel being adapted to a light novel, not a plebeian -visual novel-. I can't occupy the same thread as you, I'm leaving.
>>
>>145586728
>Ugh
Kysmm
>>
>>145586537
He was going to screw things up.
>>
>>145583676
>Now he gets a chance to get his wish.
>>145583763
>he slowly realizes that people won't hate him for trying even if he fails or does a bad job.
>>145583880
>All he is revolved around is wanting to have an existance for himself and not others.

The problem is that you are being too simplistic and romantic. It might work in theory but not in practice. Subaru faces horrible situations over and over again without even showing great reluctance. Want to be useful, beloved and heroic is beautiful, but that beauty should be broken after you see throats being cut and blood splattering all the time. And that's the point. Real human beings have limits. There are numerous cases of young people who dreamed of serving the country, going to the army to be respected heroes, but after seeing the ugliness of war, they dream of returning home. And soldiers are trained, Subaru was not. And yet he acts like he has an unshakeable determination.
>>
File: finally.jpg (22KB, 507x458px) Image search: [Google]
finally.jpg
22KB, 507x458px
>>145574153
>He's supposed to be terrible and a big shit.

Yeah but there is also common sense (i.e. not fucking up an important event for your love interest).

I want a MC who behaves with common sense who has problems where I wouldn't know what to do either.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.