[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bell Mother Fucking Gary Sue

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 12

File: Untitled.png (650KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
650KB, 1366x768px
Look at this motherfucker

He's worse than any MC in years. You all bitched about Kirito the Beater, yet Bell Cranel is more of a Gary Sue than Kirito could ever wish for.

First lets look at the special ability Bell just happens to develop. It's basically akin to Level Up Stats+++ and EXP 1000%. He is increasing his stats at a ridiculous rate as long as his heart is into it, which fortunately for a shounen hero is not in short supply.

He later gets a skill whose basic function "If you are in a bad situation, this skill will instakill anything". It's even a fucking laser beam. Are you fucking kidding me!?

He is also given a (presumably equivalent) lvl 99 weapon by his patron goddess, a legendary Dagger forged by the god of Smith herself, priceless and one of a kind. Paying for such a weapon would be impossible for Bell. The dagger is even more ridiculous because it becomes augmented with power the higher Bell's stats get, which with his special ability results in ridiculous power. He also happens upon what appears to be a great set of armor in a cheap junk pile at the Hephaestus store.

Then he just happens to be given an ancient very expensive grimoire that teaches him a quick to use magic spell.

Bell has also amassed more waifus than Kiritio ever could. Everyone wants his dick.
>>
>>145500712
It has nothing to do with the character and everything to do with bad screenwriting.
>>
>>145500712
Bell was moe
>>
>>145500712
Kirito is just such a shit character that the show is incapable of being beyond average.

Scratch that, all the characters are so shit that the show can't be above average, just kirito is especially shit.
>>
>>145500712
They're both the same and even share the same VA.
>>
>>145500712
>>145500911
are you guys me? this series has atrocious writing and it's mostly evident in Bell Cranel
>>
>>145500712
I want to fuck Bell. I also want to fuck GGO Kirito.
>>
>>145501052
lemme guess u wanna fuck felix too
>>
File: 1395376080764.gif (478KB, 454x256px) Image search: [Google]
1395376080764.gif
478KB, 454x256px
>>145500712
Before I go on let me first say that yes, you're right. He's a Gary Stu. Both this and SAO are shit tier garbage. I'm not going to argue against that. And yes, this series is a giant wish fulfillment power trip.

Instead of arguing arguing against that, consider the following. Regardless of how much power he amasses and how much this is just wish fulfillment garbage, Bell is a more interesting character than Kirito. Kirito didn't even come off as having any personality whatsoever. He was quiet and never said anything. We could tell what he felt because the story forced it on us, but take him out of "trapped in an MMO" setting and what do we know about him? Nothing.

Bell on the other hand we know is timid. He may just be a more upbeat version of Kirito, but at least we can grasp what kind of person he is. So in my book Bell > Kirito.
>>
>>145500712
I remember this pasta
>>
>>145500712
>a demigod is overpowered
Why are greek writers such hacks?
>>
>>145500712
The latest volume has interesting developments
A new race of monster called the Xeno start appearing. The Xeno are all intelligent versions of a deceased monster save for floor bosses; and the Minotaur Bell killed is the strongest of them all. Thing is; they aren't evil, but the adventurers don't buy that shit and are killing the Xeno. Bell actually befriends the Xeno and joins them in their defence, and now is known as an enemy of all (I believe so) and has now jeopardised or even cut his relationship with Ais because of this.
>>
>>145502313
Also one of the Xeno girls Bell befriended dies I believe.
>>
>>145500712
Yeah I kinda liked the anime but Bell became too much of a gary sue to have any kind of attachment towards him or the series, and you forgot that his dad was zeus? or some god so im pretty sure that some powers from his dad will appear on the future
>>
File: level 100 bard.gif (1MB, 355x288px) Image search: [Google]
level 100 bard.gif
1MB, 355x288px
>>145500712
its pay to win the anime whats wrong with that?
>>
>>145502313

>interesting

That honestly sounds my more gary stu bullshit.
>>
>>145500712
Waitress is slut god, left him the grimoire so he would grow. She also ran into him in purpose as the waitress by saying he had dropped a Crystal which he did not. It was one she had with her
>>
File: 1448934800992.jpg (97KB, 482x641px) Image search: [Google]
1448934800992.jpg
97KB, 482x641px
>>145502313
>Xeno
>>
File: Right_Light_Rise2.jpg (626KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Right_Light_Rise2.jpg
626KB, 1920x1080px
I have seen this pasta before, but this time I want to make counter pasta:
Unlike Kirito, Bell is not an edgy black swordsman. Even if he got convenient powerups, the characters themselves matter.
He didn't start as a too-cool-for-school super hacker, but a cowardly underdog who got rejected everywhere. When he stood up and fought for Hestia, he didn't do it because he knew himself to possess uber secret dual-wielding skillz. He did it without even knowing whether he'd survive, because he wanted to save someone important to him. That IS a hero. A hero does not refer to a Superman who tramples upon his foes, but a Hobbit who is willing to stand against the endless forces of Sauron for the sake of his friends.
It is his sincerity that draws other people to him, and makes the gods smile upon him. This is EXACTLY like Greek mythology. If you are not an uncultured swine, you will know Greek gods often despised the arrogant and loved the heroic, and they would gladly lend their powers to him. Powerups? Pfft. I wouldn't even be surprised if Zeus would smite upon his enemies when Bell couldn't make it.
I'm not comparing DanMachi to Homer, but I'm saying there is a vast difference between an edgy tryhard like Kirito and an earnest boy who acts like a boy like Bell. Bell is the kind of person people would want to have a drink with, the kind of guy they'd want to have in their party. His charisma wins over everyone around him. That's why in the minotaur episode, even the viewers would end up cheering for him. This is different from a certain tryhard who believes everyone else to be a moron in a series where everyone else is indeed a moron. Just look at the ending song and you can see the difference between how Bell and Kirito treat others. DanMachi might suffer from harem tropes and anime antics, but compared to SAO it is infinitely more tolerable.
>>
>>145500712
Except for the part where Bell is cute.

No bullying allowed.
>>
>>145500712
I'm not going to lie, this show was comfy.
>>
>>145505440
Waitress Syr is shit, absolute worst girl.

>oh hey I got you a shitty lunch for when you're delving into the dungeon
>be sure to spend all your money at my workplace
>don't forget the tip
>>
>>145502313
Show us pictures!
>>
>>145502313
That sounds like it could be really dumb.
>>
>>145503465
>Body part-looking objects fly around in the background
>>
>>145506468
>This is EXACTLY like Greek mythology
kek
>>
File: bell pasta.jpg (191KB, 1224x538px) Image search: [Google]
bell pasta.jpg
191KB, 1224x538px
I like this thread. It's the first thing that pops up when you open the fireden archive for /a/
>>
File: you can stop there.png (42KB, 460x332px) Image search: [Google]
you can stop there.png
42KB, 460x332px
>>145500712

I understand your pain, but most won't because they're not forced to view everything clearly and objectively like we are. Thus, to most it's just another animu with a "cute MC" and a "likeable" cast.
>>
>>145506468
>Kissanime

Fuck off.
>>
>>145503465
>right as he hits his bongo something explodes

We all know who did it.
>>
>>145500712
Have we finally found someone that can beat Madara?
>>
File: right light rise3.jpg (786KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
right light rise3.jpg
786KB, 1920x1080px
>>145507967
It's from Google, mate. I didn't notice. Sorry for triggering you. Here is your safe space.
>>
>>145500712
His waifu>Kirito's shit tier waifu
>>
File: hesta cat NTR.png (439KB, 870x1236px) Image search: [Google]
hesta cat NTR.png
439KB, 870x1236px
It's just a cute and silly show, don't take it seriously.
>>
>>145500712
Bell might've been a shitty character but I would still fuck that
>>
>>145500712
Did you just see this shit on the first page of the fireden archive like fucking always and decide it needed to be reposted after a year+, or what?
>>
>>145507905
>the archive's front page mimics the real site's front page

So?
>>
>>145508344
No, fireden stopped archiving ages ago.
It's a coincidence that the last thread they archived is a copy of this one. Or this one is a copy of that thread.
>>
At least he has to work for it.
Reinhardt from Re zero was just given blessings that made him invincible, didn't have to do shit for it.
>>
>>145508384
I'm not sure if you're right or wrong but i'm not bothered to check.
>>
File: TwMOUGe.gif (723KB, 800x438px) Image search: [Google]
TwMOUGe.gif
723KB, 800x438px
>>145500712
At least Bell and his meme waifu are cute.
http://hestia.dance/
>>
>literally only unique power is +50% stat growths
>>
>>145508384
>fireden stopped archiving ages ago.
Only foolz did.
boards.fireden still works.

>>145508433
Reinhardt isn't the MC. And you don't even know his story.
>>
>>145508521
>Reinhardt isn't the MC. And you don't even know his story.
Subaru isn't much better, can just kill himself and go back to his last checkpoint if he fucks up.
>>
>>145508241
>SAO asspulls
>OH MY GOD THIS FUCKING GARY STU MC WHAT A GODAWFUL TERRIBLE ANIME

>Danmachi asspulls
>It's just a cute and silly show guys, don't take it seriously tee hee
>>
>>145508610
I'm not a moon reader, but I'd assume that there is a price eventually. Like the witch scent growing stronger. If this were a horror story, he'd be trading his soul. Even if there is no price, the MC has no way of knowing that. I'd not take that risk.
>>
>>145500712
People only hate SAO because it's popular. Kirito is fine.
>>
>>145508621
It's the difference between being a d-bag and someone people cheer for.
Joking aside, are you expecting people to believe a teenage gaming addict like Kirito would have uber hacking skillz rivalling the greatest VR scientist and creator of the game, to the point of reverse-engineering everything in just a few seconds? That's not even how programming works. There's no explanation for that.
Bell is in a fantasy world and is a demigod. That explains his skills, and he still has to bust his ass to get through every time. Viewers can accept magic in fantasy because we have no clue about magic, but uber hacking from a teenager like Kirito is unacceptable because we have an idea of how it works. Is Kirito a demigod too? Why would he be more special than the other nerds and geeks playing the game? It's not even a close comparison.

Lastly, Bell is his own character. Even if viewers might cheer for him, no one is exactly wishing to become as naive as Bell. While Kirito screams every quality that a 14-year-old believes to be cool. When everyone around the MC is more naive than the MC, it is a sure sign of excessive self-inserting and bad writing. (Atlas Shrugged comes to mind)
>>
>>145500712
>Gary Sue
>>
>>145509304
>expecting people to believe a teenage gaming addict like Kirito would have uber hacking skillz rivalling the greatest VR scientist and creator of the game, to the point of reverse-engineering everything in just a few seconds?

That was such bullshit and probably pissed me off more than anything in the whole show.
>>
>>145507905
>Danmachi was a fucking year ago
Where the hell did the time go?
>>
Everyone here is a fucking idiot. Kirito and Bell are both absolutely trash-tier characters, and their respective shows are likewise trash. If you disagree I don't even care, but no one will ever convince me otherwise.
>>
>>145502313
>Xeno

so he befriended with Space Commies?
>>
at least the doujins were decent
>>
>>145501368
This is why you read the LNs.
>>
>>145500712
see>>145511107
>>
It's funny, I really like Bell and Kirito actually! Bell for being a nice guy, who's kindness and sincerity was rewarded with admittedly OP bullshit. Sometimes I like my protagonists having nice things happen to them when the world has lots of bad shit happening. Kirito I liked because he was a Blank slate as others have said, it's easier to insert yourself in the story then and SAO' s real selling point was the world & fantasy of the situation. The escapism of it all. I think that speaks to the popularity of both shows, even if /a/ doesn't like them.

While I'm on the subject, Anons hate on SAO because the author didn't have a clue what the hell to do after Aincrad and yet the light novel machine sorta made him continue pumping out new volumes when it should have ended there. It unfortunately detracts from the enjoyability of the first arc and because of how immensely popular SAO was fellow Anons get mad at a show undeserving of such praise. However, I submit SAO as merely mediocre overall, and Anons with too much time on their hands will rage anyways about it for eons to come.
>>
>>145500712
i hate him as a character but white-haired boys are my weakness
i am at an impasse
>>
>>145502374
She gets better. Unlike Cloud people carry phoenix down with them.
>>
File: aadb1a6a2d2d7ec447008764e3b36509.jpg (952KB, 1000x1300px) Image search: [Google]
aadb1a6a2d2d7ec447008764e3b36509.jpg
952KB, 1000x1300px
>You will never rape Bell
>>
File: 1470619632553.gif (579KB, 351x291px) Image search: [Google]
1470619632553.gif
579KB, 351x291px
>>145500712
Awesome rant anon, I can't stop laughing!
>>
>>145508028
read the filename newfag
>>
>>145502313
Ais wanted to know more about this, he didn't have time to explain and got assaulted by Finn and the amazons.
>>145509304
>>145501464
He is not a demigod, he is human, 100% human. He has only been adopted.
>>
he's all about raw stats. 0 fighting skill so he's not that bad.
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.