[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | | Home]

What are the most important aspects of an anime

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1423329106747.jpg (978KB, 1300x919px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1423329106747.jpg
978KB, 1300x919px
What aspect of an anime do you find the be the most important?

You are given 20 points to distribute to the following catalogs.
Music
Characters (development of them/overall personality)
Plot
Artstyle
Seiyuu (Their delivery of the role)

How would you distribute these points?
>>
15 points to cute girls

3 points to artstyle

2 points to PLOT
>>
>>145450714
10 in plot, 5 in artstyle, 5 in characters. What anime do I get?
>>
>>145450862
Tatami Galaxy
>>
10 in characters 10 in art
>>
>>145450714
What kind of dumb, /v/ tier shit is this?

It makes no sense. Yes, there are some shows that sacrifice characters for a plot, or shows that have very little plot but interesting characters and pretty images. But so what?

The ranking is stupid.
>>
80% waifu potential
10% genre/subject
5% Plot
5% PLOT
>>
>>145450977

Nothing is asking about sacrificing.
It is about your personal opinion of what is the most important to you in a series.
>>
>>145450714
2 in music
4 in characters
4 in plot
1 in artstyle
4 in seiyuu

What anime am I describing?
>>
>>145451180
Aku no Hana
>>
>>145451211
Feels more like that should be 0 in art style
>>
File: av.png (354KB, 725x684px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
av.png
354KB, 725x684px
>Music
>Characters (development of them/overall personality)
>Plot
>Artstyle
>Seiyuu (Their delivery of the role)

I'm not entirely happy with this.
I consider all of those aspects equally important in anime. But in the end, plot and the characters are what can carry an anime the most.

I think.
>>
>>145451049
It really depends on what the show is going to tell.

If for example, it is about something simple like a simple sports anime plot, then I would prefer if the characters are interesting, or relatable, or any other quality that grabs my attention.

If the plot is crazy, however, it's okay to sacrifice characters.

Music, Voice Actors, and Artstyle are always good and they help to propel characters and plot forward. If feels odd to sacrifice one of these for the sake of characters and plot because the lack of them will automatically make those worse. Imagine Eva with generic music for example.

As I said, I can't help but feel like this is one of those /v/ "Story or Graphics" cancer.
>>
>>145450714
>Music
>Characters
>Plot
>Artstyle
>Seiyuu
>>
>>145451438
Sup Cowboy bebop
>>
>>145452301
>Cowboy bebop
>Music-3
Music would need to be at least 5 if not higher
>>
>>145452389
I never liked much of it besides the set piece songs like Space Lion, RFB and Blue ;^)
>>
What sets apart the good from the great is atmosphere and characterization. Even if everything else is shit, I'm going to love the anime if the atmosphere and characterization are god-tier.

The next tier is probably character development. Anything can be enjoyable if it has great character development.

I honestly don't care about anime plots. They never interest me themselves.

So if I had to pick
>Music
>Characters
>Plot
>Artstyle
>Seiyuu
The seiyuu industry is so cutthroat that I don't need to worry about this
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.