[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would you fix Evangelion? If it was me, I'd give it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 467
Thread images: 144

File: Shinji.png (286KB, 580x435px) Image search: [Google]
Shinji.png
286KB, 580x435px
How would you fix Evangelion? If it was me, I'd give it a happy ending with Shinji and Asuka ending up together and saving the planet. Misato and Shinji's father also get together and she becomes Shinji's new mom.
>>
File: Penpen.jpg (22KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Penpen.jpg
22KB, 640x480px
Also more Penpen screen time.
>>
File: 1449222975484.gif (505KB, 269x178px) Image search: [Google]
1449222975484.gif
505KB, 269x178px
>>145378642
but we had a pretty good ending with EoE. just ignore the rebuilds and nge is fine
>>
It's perfect. To change anything would ruin it. We saw this happen with the rebuilds. Just listen to >>145379207 and all is fine.
>>
>>145378642
You know, it's people like you expressing their opinions in focus groups that lets us have all these bland predictable as fuck movies, tv-series and mongolian puppet theatres that swamp the market today.
You look at NGE and you think your changes would "fix" it?
Please kill yourself.
>>
>>145378642
haha this is awful nigga
>>
>>145379207
waiiiiiiiit isnt rebuilds just a remake of the original? with a few small differences? i was just about to watch them
>>
>>145379588

>small differences

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, THOSE DIFFERENCES RUINED IT
>>
>>145379496
Nah, the ending was too complicated for my taste. Also there's no romance in the show apart from Misako and that dude with ponytail.
Also I think the show would benefit from a few filler episodes like Shinji, Rei and Asuka going to the beach.
>>
>>145379588
The first rebuild is a remake with minor pointless changes that just serve to annoy you. The second one is a partial remake that goes off the rails with stupid fanservice and a horrible ending that brain-dead retards here like because it's "hype". The third one is an entirely new story. The fourth one is a myth.
>>
>>145379676
>>145379748
thank you for your wisdom brothers, i have been enlightened
>>
>>145379678
Not sure if troll or just shit-taste faggot.
>>
>>145379588
differences that somehow manage to make it worse than it already was
>>
>>145379678
If you are a troll then you are the best troll 2016.
If not, try reading the spin off mangas especially shinji ikari raising project.
>>
The first half was kind of boring and repetitive.
>>
>>145378642
Kill yourself shipper.
>>
File: LehQV0i.jpg (48KB, 680x681px) Image search: [Google]
LehQV0i.jpg
48KB, 680x681px
that was pretty good op
>>
>>145378642
>hetshit ending
No, thanks.
>>
After defeating the Evangelion, Shinji declares his love for Asuka since their first kiss early on the series. Later Gendo tells him how proud he is and that his mother would be happy. He also reveals he and Misato are seeing each other in other to provide Shinji with a normal family. They all move together and when Shinji goes back to school next summer he's welcomed by all of his friends: Hikari, who's dating Toji, Kensuke and Rei. The final episode will be all of them enjoying a nice day at the beach.
>>
>>145381008
You make me want to rummage up my old eva fanfics I wrote when I was a teen.
>>
>>145378642
I would make Asuka die from the choking at the end and make Rei get back her body and memories of I, II and Rei III back so she could go back home with Shinji while holding hands. Rei II knew she was in love with him but she got killed by Angel before she could confess.
>>
>>145378642

Unironically shoot yourself. Weakest bait in centuries.
>>
>>145381365
That's a nice idea but killing a character is a no-no. Why not turn in to a harem and make Rei and Asuka fight for Shinji's love instead!?
>>
>>145378642
Go to the tallest building in your town, climb to the rooftop, and jump. You are a faggot.

>>145379207
EoE is a retcon.
>>
>>145381472
Because she is a bitch, harems are shit and rei is best girl. Asuka could reunite with her dead mother or something in afterworld or in between. She can't handle real life anyway.
>>
Eva didn't have a sad ending you dull cunt.
>>
>>145381479
>EoE is a retcon
Nah, EoE was the original planned ending, the TV ending was an emergency measure that Anno wasn't even sure he wanted to do.
>>
>>145378642
I'd drop the whole instrumentality schlock. It was a pretty neat notion in high school, but Shinji should just grow up and become a responsible adult
>>
>>145378642
>Generic piece of shit of an ending
I'm happy the way evangelion ends.
>>
>>145381693
There is nothing manly in enjoying getting abused and dominated. Real men chooses Rei because her know he can handle relationship with a girl who doesn't intact with you just because, but needs you to make moves, push relationship forward and make sure she feels comfortable, safe and loved.
Asuka is easy modo, she interacts and talks with you without any real reason, she says out loud what she thinks and how she feels, you don't even need to move relationship forward because she does it for you, just like she kissed shinji. She also panders to masochists and other pathetic betas.
Liking fictional girls is for betas anyway, but asuka is for more pathetic ones. Rei requires from you to be a least a little of the man.
>>
>>145382398
Nope. Asuka is easier to handle.
Real man choose rei because they don't need to be dominated and can lead in relationship.
You can protect asuka but majority of her fans only talk about her body and usually ignore her personality.
>>
>>145383013
This looks shopped.
>>
>>145383013
Rei does snap, like when she slapped shinji when he was acting like a faggot.
However, Asuka doesn't do that, she only talks big but in fact is weak and break down when something doesn't goes well.
>>
>>145381008
and then back to instrumentality
>>
File: 1468870522966.jpg (59KB, 686x515px) Image search: [Google]
1468870522966.jpg
59KB, 686x515px
>>145378642

How would you fix Evangelion?
Keep NGE Episodes 1 to 26 and EoE and after EoE have one short final film to give closure to what just happened in EoE and then get rid of rebuild and all the other crap.

>Misato and Shinji's father also get together
Wtf
>>
>>145384021
she stops that in eoe
>>
I'm going to kill my self because if this
>>
>>145378642
>I'd give it a happy ending with Shinji and Asuka ending up together and saving the planet.
>Not having Shinji and Kaworu getting together, showing that angels and humans can co-exist and that their love was able to conquer the hatred between the races
Shit taste mh friend
>>
>>145384455
Kaworu would try to become a human and go to the same school as Shinji, Rei and Asuka.
>>
>>145379496
exactly my opinion
>>
File: suecide pepe.jpg (7KB, 216x233px) Image search: [Google]
suecide pepe.jpg
7KB, 216x233px
>>145378642
>fix evangelion
>>
I'd remake the series to be entirely around Shinji's highschool fantasy.
>>
>>145381008
>gendo with misato
But gendos already fucking ritsuko
>>
>>145378642
Make the first 15 episodes interesting and remove Asuka

Eva fixed
>>
>>145385226
Shit taste desu
>>
When does 4.0 come out
>>
>>145386252
It doesn't
>>
File: 3kBBxqC.png (2MB, 1136x1136px) Image search: [Google]
3kBBxqC.png
2MB, 1136x1136px
>>145378642

Does anyone else here self-insert themselves into Evangelion and daydream about it?
>>
>>145378642
i would make every character even more broken and the mental issues would come to light much earlier in the show
>>
>>145386771
Is that a joke? The only main character whose mental issues don't come to the forefront immediately are Asuka's.
>>
>>145386918
Nop shingi needs to be more depressed just like asuka the sadder the better
>>
File: 1449611345701.png (70KB, 368x407px) Image search: [Google]
1449611345701.png
70KB, 368x407px
>>145378642
Some things shouldn't be said even as a joke.
>>
>>145378642
Remove the rebuilds from existence
>>
I'd probably remove Asuka all together. Or at least make it so she realizes her own faults by the end. I would also have more development to Rei, since she really had nothing about her besides 'I love Ikari' and 'I'm a blind tool for Instrumentality'.

I'd also have Misato come back instead of Asuka since Shinji clearly liked and relied on her more. But sadly, that would also require more development beforehand.

The biggest problem with Eva as a whole is the focus on isolation and avoiding others. But since this was the central theme, it can't really be fixed. Fixing it would create an entirely new story.
>>
>>145390095
how is the theme itself a problem?
>>
>>145378642
Thats disgusting, you shipper. Asuka is a cunt who does not deserve Shinji.
>>
File: rockandroll-all.gif (299KB, 502x1952px) Image search: [Google]
rockandroll-all.gif
299KB, 502x1952px
>>
>>145390095
Rei had far more to her than you imply.
>>
>>145390403

Character development usually relies on characters interacting. By having the main theme of the show being the opposite, it creates unique problems.

Eva still obviously had character development. But most of it was implied or deflection. And by the end of the show, you had entire episodes devoted to characters looking into empty rooms and lamenting what they didn't do.
>>
File: 195coa8pc6ji2jpg[1].jpg (76KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
195coa8pc6ji2jpg[1].jpg
76KB, 800x600px
>>145378642
Like this
>>
Before misato died , did she say she'd fuck Shiji if he was victorious?
>>
>>145390621

Like what? I just rewatched the show last week. She has two episodes where she's the focus, but most of it just comes down to her memories of Ikari and smiling at Shinji. Then almost 15 episodes go by where Asuka is the focus and she does little more than get interrupted every time she talks and told to be the backup in every battle. Then even in Rei III, she isn't the focus of the episode and dies a pointless death.

After that, about all there is to Rei is being told to start instrumentality. Then going against Gendo and joining with Lilith to lead to another pointless death.
>>
Asuka was a mistake.
>>
>>145390714
She did.
>>
>>145381781
You're wrong.The only scheduling issues were with episode 25. Episode 26 was always meant to be as originally aired. Anno has said this several times in interviews, including pretty recent ones.
>>
File: 1192884556573.jpg (165KB, 490x680px) Image search: [Google]
1192884556573.jpg
165KB, 490x680px
>>145390714
She knew she was dying, and had only one way left to try to motivate the useless lump she'd been dragging around. Only he really wasn't into that cougar pussy.
>>
>>145390630
The show still has a shitload of character interaction. The point isn't just that everyone is avoiding each other, the theme is more focused on the problems caused by the dissonance of wanting to connect with people but also fearing the pain that might come due to that connection.
>>
File: image.jpg (55KB, 600x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55KB, 600x480px
>>145390820
O-oh my
>>
>>145383013
Found the feminist cunt.

>>>/tumblr/
>>
>>145390831
>Anno has said this several times in interviews, including pretty recent ones.
Source? I've never heard anything of the sort.
>>
>>145384090
She stops it in the TV series. EoE is a an irrelevant retcon anyway.
>>
>>145378642
>fix Evangelion
If you "fixed it" the whole thing would be pointless.
Just pretend like the remakes don't exist.
>>
File: 1042996955116709945263725887.jpg (262KB, 728x1104px) Image search: [Google]
1042996955116709945263725887.jpg
262KB, 728x1104px
>>145378642
I would gladly make the anime adaption of the manga.
>>
>>145390957
http://www14.big.or.jp/~ayase/info/evainfo1.html

"
Hayashibara: So everyone is thinking the TV series didn't end there.

Anno: Mm.

Hayashibara: So...

Anno: At present, it won't be in the form of an OVA. Um, with regard to episodes 25 and 26, they will be - how would you say it - coupled, or we plan to have both [versions] released together. So the version based on the original scenario is going to be made after this, and that together with the on-air version, these two together will comprise the episode 25 and episode 26 [release]. That's the form I expect it to take.

Hayashibara: So there will be two episode 25s.

Anno: Right, it will be a multi-ending.

Hayashibara: So, a dual... ah, a multi-ending. After episode 24 the endings will diverge.

Anno: Right.

Hayashibara: There will be two of them.

Anno: There will be two of them.

Hayashibara: Ah, two endings.

Anno: Yes.

Hayashibara: But it's a kind of - it's strange to say paradox - [<this part a bit unclear>]?

Anno: Right.

Hayashibara: In terms of gaming - is it called a simulation game? What do you call it? The ending for that particular self changes as you go on through the game.

Anno: Right, a multi-ending game.

(cont)
>>
>>145391571

Hayashibara: You took this road so you went here. You took this road so you went here. The ending changes. That's how it goes.

Anno: Um. Evangelion is my live performance. Since I create it with this sense of it being live, what I'm thinking now, what I'm feeling now, my current mood, all this gets transferred onto film - that was the initial theme, or the theme I had in my mind.

Hayashibara: Right.

Anno: The idea was to do it as honestly as I could. Well, among other things, you have general opinion, you have the opinions of other people, things you have to do, things you can't do... um...

Hayashibara: Limitations?

Anno: Right. these limits, but then I create according to my own ethics. In short, the initial [idea] was to purge everything not part of myself.

Hayashibara: Ha ha ha.

Anno: The final episode ended up being that way on television, and, well, with it [Evangelion] ended once, but I'll be remaking it once more. Ah, it's strange to say remaking, because I'll be going back to the initially completed scenario, but when I actually do it, I imagine I'll probably have rewritten the scenario as it is now, but my current feelings will be reflected [in it]. So, since those will be my feelings after two or three months have passed, I wonder how things will turn out when I sit down to think about Evangelion's ending. What will happen? So that [version] will also be included when the video is released.

Hayashibara: Are your feelings something that change that suddenly? Or maybe they are, for Anno-san.

Anno: Um.

Hayashibara: Isn't what is really there something that doesn't change?

Anno: Probably that [something] doesn't change. But what I'm thinking, what I want to see, what I'm thinking about, I think that these things change.

Hayashibara: Ah, I see. And then probably the methodology changes.

Anno: Right, right.
>>
>>145391625
Hayashibara: For example, this is a simple example, but take an apple, you describe it, for example, as "delicious," as "red," as "ripe," with various, there are various ways of describing one thing.

Anno: Right, the angle changes.

Hayashibara: Even if ultimately you want to say "apple." When the way you say it, or the method you use to express it, or the way you convey it changes, it becomes something different for the recipient.

Anno: Hmm. Well, in regards to the TV versions of episodes 25 and 26 - how do I put it? Hmm. Well, it's easiest to just say there are a number of different factors.

Hayashibara: Ah, there are. So you feel you want to pour that "live self" within you into the video version.

Anno: Right, doing it again, if I can do it after some time has passed, then my feelings at that time will probably be represented in the new versions of episodes 25 and 26. Only, I have no desire to repudiate what is there now, because that represents my present feelings.
>>
>>145390957
http://1731298478.tumblr.com/post/63536630801/anno-making-the-last-two-episodes-it-felt-like

Anno: [Making the last two episodes] it felt like my brain kept on producing all these chemicals. When I saw episode 25 after first putting it together, I thought, “I’m a genius.” However, when I re-edited and re-watched it afterwards, I was crushed. It was no good at all. I was embarrassed my lack of ability. I apologize to the staff.

Takekuma: Well, but, the last scene in the final episode was quite something, where the screen cracks and everyone is applauding and congratulating the main character. Watching that, I felt like I was going crazy. It was like, how far are you going with this…?

Anno: Well, there were a lot of things I was thinking about there. The biggest reason [for that scene], I have no intention of revealing. The heart of it, I won’t tell anyone. The most crucial part of the reason why I made episode 26 like that - I still haven’t revealed that anywhere, including in [this magazine,] Quick Japan. That part at least, I won’t tell anyone.

Oizumi: You mean, some personal, formative experience you can’t tell anyone?

Anno: Something a bit more ideological. In these interviews for Quick Japan, we’ve only gone about as far as the inner moat [of the castle]… Well, that part, I’ll be taking to my grave.

(From “Epilogue” / Parano)
>>
>>145391789
Sadamoto: (Kotono Mistuishi) cried reading a script, for example. When Anno-san heard that - guts pose! (laughing)

Masayuki: What episode was that?

Sadamoto: 25.

Takekuma: Misato’s voice actress cried reading the script?

Sadamoto: So Anno did a guts pose. The supervisor of the manga also cried [reading it], and when Anno heard that, he did another guts pose (laughing). He was victorious, because two members of society had been reduced to tears. However, after it was finished, people told him various things, and he went into a state of collapse. What happened to the guts pose? (laughing)

Masayuki: When he was making episode 25 he was saying, “I’m a genius.” Then after it had broadcast, he came out of his room looking dazed. “Why did I make such a strange thing?” (laughing)

Sato: The last episode was the same, wasn’t it?

Masayuki: Well, he didn’t say anything about the last episode. Just with episode 25, he seemed to be extremely pleased with it. Then when he saw the broadcast, it was like, “I’m an idiot…” (laughing)

Sato: Afterwards he was looking at the reactions on message boards from a distance (laughing). Although he was saying he was going to ignore them, he was still looking out of the corner of his eye at the monitor. “I’m probably not going to look….” he said. “Right, I’m not going to look.”

Sadamoto: But I thought that the final two episodes were fine. I thought it was simply a matter of the connecting episode between episodes 24 and 25 being missing. That’s why we’re doing the original episode 25 (the remake version) now. I think it’s just that that episode was missing. I saw the initial script. If the original episode 25 had been there, then there would have been a clear link leading up to the television versions of episodes 25 and 26. Just one episode was missing. So I thought [the ending] was fine.

Masayuki: We know that because we’re the people who worked on [the series].
>>
>>145391898
Sadamoto: So in my mind there’s a clear link [bridging episode 24 and 25]. But the ordinary viewers, although they wanted to see the continuation of episode 24, it was omitted. So, they got mad at it.

Oizumi: That’s completely right.

Sadamoto: They couldn’t see the relationship [between 24 and 25].

Tsurumaki: Well, it’s because the original episode 25 script was completed [but not used].

Sadamoto: Because I’ve seen [that script], I thought, [watching the ending], well, even this much is fine.

(From “On the Final Two Episodes” / Parano)
>>
>>145391676
>>145391625
>>145391571
>>145391789
>>145391898
>>145391948
None of this suggests that EoE was a retcon or that Episode 26 was made how he originally planned it. It's a bunch of non-answers and vague theory and craft stuff, like it always is. And even if Anno's opinion on how the ending of the series should be changed in between the finale of NGE and EoE, I still fail to see how that makes EoE illegitimate. The show went through a shitload of changes throughout.
>>
>>145390630
>entire episodes devoted to characters looking into empty rooms and lamenting what they didn't do.
I mean, that's my shit if done well.

I think that's just a matter of personal preference, not a concrete flaw of the show
>>
Both endings are legitimate, why are you people so obsessed with the idea of enclosing a story into a single format or make it "closed"

All of it is content created by the same people at the same time
>>
>>145392060
There are other interviews in which he literally says that unlike episode 25, episode 26 aired as he intended it to be. I just can't find them at the moment since it never occured to me to bookmark them or save them offline.

There are even more interviews where he actively defends the end of the TV series and says he is pleased with it. The only part with significant issues is episode 25, and even in these quotations, you can see that the executive meddling didn't do him much good messing up his schedule there.
>>
25 is almost a recap, except a thematical recap rather than a plot recap. 26 though is pure new content and can't really be chalked to budget issues or Anno rushing the deadline. 26 is much better than 25.
>>
>>145392637
>There are even more interviews where he actively defends the end of the TV series and says he is pleased with it.
I know Tsurumaki has said things like this in some interviews, but I've never heard Anno do the same.

I have to agree with this >>145392631 anon, there's really no reason to debate over which ending is legitimate.
>>
>>145378642
So Gendo and Misato would end up together? The fuck. I would make it so that Misato and Shinji become lovers.
>>
File: rahx2-weg.jpg (132KB, 1008x386px) Image search: [Google]
rahx2-weg.jpg
132KB, 1008x386px
>>145392798
see
>>145390656
>>
>>145390781
Like everything you just glossed over. Rei's relationship with Shinji is indeed part of the character, but you've clearly missed out on Rei's struggle to identify what or who she really is, which arguably makes up the majority of the character.

The deaths are anything BUT pointless, as they serve as a kick in Rei's ass and actually furthers her character. Practically speaking, Rei dying at this point literally saved everyone else, even herself in some twisted way.

Then finally she doesn't "die", she gets to go and be what she wants to be, she's essentially godlike by the end of the series. Did you not see the giant angelic being above the world, did you not notice how Rei's otherwordly presence goes back to episode one, right to the end?

Especially "the blind tool for instrumentality" is stupid since Rei is nearly the only character reflecting on the issue or guiding another (Shinji) about it.

Stop lying to my face anon. You're clearly retarded or out to be an edgy cunt. No wonder your opinion on the rest of Eva is so bad when you're this crucially misinformed.
>>
>>145392631

Eva had untold popularity. And with that comes unrealistic expectations. The most hardcore fans are also the most judgemental.

What's honestly the most amazing thing Eva did as a series was create the two biggest waifus in history. Then make them go crazy and die. Yet the fanbase still loved the girls and the show. Imagine if any other show, from Love Hina to Haruhi, had done such a thing. The fanbase would have screamed bloody murder and the show would have been forgotten. But Eva persists.
>>
>>145390863
She wanted to fuck him, she tries to fuck him after Rei dies, but he's a wuss and refuses her advances.
>>
>>145392972

>Rei's relationship with Shinji is indeed part of the character
Which is really only based on two very subtle events.

>but you've clearly missed out on Rei's struggle to identify what or who she really is, which arguably makes up the majority of the character.
All the main characters have this same struggle. Its the overall theme of the show. So it doesn't really help Rei stand out when Asuka, Shinji and Misato are also struggling to find who they are. And have similar monologues.
>>
File: 1446144334962.jpg (475KB, 1240x1068px) Image search: [Google]
1446144334962.jpg
475KB, 1240x1068px
>Not wanting a slice of life EVA with Asuka and Shinji's daughter bullying Shinji

I live off Shinji's misery.
>>
>>145393073

She wanted to have sex with him because its how she gets over her own pain. Its not so much that she was sexually attracted to Shinji as much as she wanted to help ease his pain. But, as is one of the major points of the show, every character has different issues. And while sex helps Misato, it wouldn't help Shinji. Which leads to another issue of the show. No one understands what the other character needs.
>>
it ends with a world resets with shinji and a fourteen year old misato
>>
>>145393076
>Which is really only based on two very subtle events.
Their actual, on-screen visual interaction is not subtle. There may be subtle things about it, however, the relationships themselves are not.

>All the main characters have this same struggle. Its the overall theme of the show. So it doesn't really help Rei stand out when Asuka, Shinji and Misato are also struggling to find who they are. And have similar monologues.

They do in fact not have similar monologues. In fact, Rei owns the only monologue in the entire anime - the rest are always interfered with by a third part, a questioner or an interviewer. Not in Rei's case. Keep in mind there's a difference between a long train of thought and a monologue, and an interview as is the case when Shinji speaks with an Angel or similar.

So while everyone "in some way" are trying to find out who they are, this is only far more obvious and clear for Rei's case as she is being quite literal about the question, asking it directly and because she unlike everyone else, has a greater need and reason to know. With the rest, it's a question about identity, but for Rei it is also a question of biological heritage and her spiritual existence.

So it's the other way around, it doesn't help Asuka, Misato or the rest that they all have lesser versions of the same theme as Rei. Not only that. Rei is the only one who actually proves ot the viewer that she has a firmer grasp on herself than the rest does. There is a reason why Rei is the character that objectively stood the most out when NGE was introduced.
>>
>>145393170
Did you mean Asuka and Asuka's daughter?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwBs3VsNfdY
>>
>>145393073
More like, he's disgusted and refuses her advances.
>>
>>145393176
She was sexually attracted to Shinji, I'm glad that piece of shit Kaji died like a little bitch, that way he couldn't stand in the way of Shinji and Misato's /ss/.

>>145378642
I would fix it with Misato showing up on the beach with Shinji at the end instead of Asuka. And then they have to repopulate the workd together.
>>
>>145393344
>There is a reason why Rei is the character that objectively stood the most out when NGE was introduced.
>objectively
People just throw this word around whenever they want their opinions to sound more legitimate. Your post was completely fine without the dumb "Rei is OBJECTIVELY superior" rant at the end.
>>
>>145393176
If Misato wants to aliviate her pain on me I'd be fine with that.
>>
>>145379588
>
The rebuilds were made to cater to the people who liked the action and fighting in evangelion more than the psychological aspect. as a standalone series, it's really good. But because I've seen NGE, I held it to the same standards, which it didnt each

In conclusion, rebuilds are good, just not as good as NGE
>>
>How would you fix Evangelion?
Add more best girl.
Nyaaaaaaaaaaa~
>>
>>145393405
Then Kaworu does exactly the same and he just blushes like a little girl.
>>
File: mari-ff.png (241KB, 1525x741px) Image search: [Google]
mari-ff.png
241KB, 1525x741px
>>145393522
>>
>>145393522
Eva really needs less Mari if anything. Waste of screen time and animation assets.
>>
>>145393489
Some do, doesn't mean that I do. However, some throw around just what you wrote whenever they get blown the fuck out and need to retreat into their own subjective safe space.

History tells us for a fact that Rei Ayanami was the de facto most popular, wanted and stand-out character in the entire '95 series.

Now you may hate that fact because you're a fantard otaku (fan of another character) or because it doesn't help your argument, but it's the truth and nothing but the truth.

This was, and still is a stand-out character and denying that just proves your clearly insane or delusional. Otherwise I don't see how you can claim that one of the most popular characters in anime "don't stand out".
>>
>>145393587
That's because he doesn't think Misato's advances are genuine and he believes Kaworu's are.
>>
>>145393718
I don't agree with the anon you replied to. Rei is definitely an interesting and stand out character. That goes for many of the other characters in the show as well. I just don't approve of your abuse of the English language.
>>
>>145378642
Angels win, there I fixed it.
>>
File: 25.jpg (36KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
25.jpg
36KB, 600x600px
>>145393522
Muh nigga
Nyaaaaaa~

>>145393675
shit taste
>>
>>145393522

I'm honestly not watching the rebuilds just because of this girl.
>>
>>145394023
She's everything that sucks in the Rebuilds personified. She also serves literally no purpose.
>>
>>145393675
>He doesn't like the cute mystery girl that's secretly central to the plot.
Eww
>>
>>145393587

Kaworu actively tries to ask Shinji how he is feeling and shows interest in him. Which is something no other character does. Misato comes the closestto it, but does it in a sarcastic manner that Shinji finds annoying. Because like the others, Misato is afraid to open up to others.

Basically, Kaworu gives Shinji exactly what he needs. But then uses Shinji like all the others. While I don't really like the way it was handled, it is somewhat understandable why Shinji snapped. He thought he finally found one person in the world who cared. But then even that one guy betrayed him. In retrospect, Misato never opened up. Asuka was a bitch to the end. Rei was distant and cold, despite liking Shinji. And Gendo was using Shinji from the start.

Shinji really had nothing. Now, you could argue that Shinji should have gotten over his issues and just opened up to others. But then, as I said way earlier, that would change the entire show. Since it would mean Shinji had a strong will from the start. And even episode 1 and 2 would have been drastically different.
>>
File: 1347936554457.jpg (3MB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
1347936554457.jpg
3MB, 2048x1152px
>>145378642
>with Shinji and Asuka ending up together
But Shiniji's romance was with Rei. And they already got their happy ending.
>>
>>145393833
There wasn't any abuse m8. You know it.
>>
>>145394317

>reifags still in denial
>>
>>145394216
Keep hating then, QT20/20 is all I need
>>
>>145378642
you fucking retard.
Shinji's point was Anno saying fuck you to self inserting faggots.
that's why he shown to be so gay towards Kaworu
>>
>>145394351
"Objectively" is not a term to be used when talking about your thoughts on a character. And quit with the condescending snark, it's fucking annoying.
>>
>>145394272
That character already existed.

>>145394637
Kill yourself.
>>
>>145378642
Remember when all the girls in class are all over him because he's the pilot of the giant robot that saved the city? Have a couple of them hook up with him before the episode's over.
>>
>>145395017
And her name is Mari
>>
>>145395142
No, it was Rei in the original. Kaji also filled Mari's role and was a far more entertaining and interesting character.
>>
File: 1295906770420.jpg (148KB, 600x778px) Image search: [Google]
1295906770420.jpg
148KB, 600x778px
>>145395142
Mari's role is to sell more dolls.
>>
>>145390656
>>145392893
Literally made for misato-fags

>>145395227
Kaji died like a little bitch
>>
>>145378642

> Misato and Shinji's father also get together and she becomes Shinji's new mom
>Misato and Gendo together

Abso-fucking-lutely disgusting. Here's a far superior ending.
>>
>>145394943
It wasn't about thoughts m8.

Why are you so afraid of an objective standpoint, is it because it invalidates your fantasies.
>>
File: shinji being a faggot.jpg (2MB, 5432x4372px) Image search: [Google]
shinji being a faggot.jpg
2MB, 5432x4372px
>>145384455
This.
Shinji would be the happiest with Kaworu.
>>
>>145395227
Shut up, Mari is awesome.
She may not be special, but I like her!

>>145395337
I just bought her school uniform figure.
PANTIES!
>>
>>145395494
What objective standpoint did you use? All of your points are opinions, and to be clear, they aren't bad opinions at all, you offer good justification for why you think that way with concrete evidence from the show. But that doesn't make those opinions into objective facts, it just makes them well reasoned opinions. Someone could still legitimately argue in a different direction.
>>
>>145395573
Absolutely not. Kaworu is a treacherous bastard, and the only reason he's smitten is because he's turbo-vulnerable due to having lost everyone else.
>>
File: 1346625748847.jpg (646KB, 800x2073px) Image search: [Google]
1346625748847.jpg
646KB, 800x2073px
>>145395746
Like this, you mean?
>>
>>145380528
Yeah I agree... OP did it pretty good by pairing shinji with anyone, thereby pissing off everyone who wanted him with someone else.

Problem is... once I saw him do any pairing... I knew he was trolling. (still great bait, though)
>>
>>145395620
Go make a new thread if you want to circlejerk. Though I guess I can thank you for once again confirming that all Marifags are terminally retarded.
>>
>>145395723
Everything you said was weak-ass bullshit.

When considering the case from an objective standpoint, the numerous polls, citations and whatnot from people in the industry serve as objective proof that Rei is on the objective level, a stand out character.

The problem here is that you won't accept reality and then retreat into your own fantasy world. These aren't opinions. These are facts.

Everyone can argue in whatever direction they want, and even do a good job with it. However, you and everyone like you fail at doing so and only make an idiot of yourself.
>>
>>145395855
Like what?
>>
File: eva homos.jpg (2MB, 3537x6680px) Image search: [Google]
eva homos.jpg
2MB, 3537x6680px
>>145395746
He doesn't blush when Rei is nice to him
He doesn't blush when Asuka is nice to him
He doesn't blush when Misato is nice to him
But he blushes when Kaworu is nice to him
>>
Holy shit the amount of people responding seriously to a bait thread.
>>
>>145379207
Rebuild improved it, though. Shit actually happens, especially with the Evas themselves.

The original was 1% mecha and 99% angst that only tweens and edgelords thought was good.
>>
>>145395899
>When considering the case from an objective standpoint, the numerous polls, citations and whatnot from people in the industry serve as objective proof that Rei is on the objective level, a stand out character.
Argument ad populum is not an objective standard, it's a logical fallacy. Try again please.
>>
>>145395974
>>145395855
Hey, Kaworufag, fuck off. Shinji cried, despaired and even made out with those characters.

Keep in mind that the only reason for Shinji being moved by Kaworu is because he's extremely vulnerable after having effectively lost all his friends, love interests and more.

Even in the lol-kaworu-meme pic the other guy posted, he's leaving out the context.
>>
>>145395974

He blushed towards Rei and Asuka.
>>
>>145396089
That a character is a "stand out character" inherently includes the recognition from the audience as having "stood out".

This is not an ad populum argument, and FYI since you're absolutely braindead, if one is to argue that something is popular, invoking "ad populum" as a counter isn't valid for obvious reasons.

Don't try again please. You're pathetic and too stupid to hold any decent conversation. I'm not saying this to be edgy, I really mean it.
>>
>>145396176
When did he blush towards Rei?
>>
I'd make the characters a bit more likable. Eva's biggest problem is that it relies on you giving a shit about any of these fucking dreadful, depressing wastes of space, and that's just hard to do. I know that's the point, but who cares in that case?
>>
File: image.jpg (84KB, 406x276px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
84KB, 406x276px
We /madmax/ now?
>>
>>145396089
>guy 1 wants to prove x is popular among a set of other elements
>guy 1 brings in some commonly known citations and historical facts
>guy 2 screams "AD POPULUM AD POPULUM"

Now in an ideal world, guy 2 would be lynched on the spot.
>>
File: Homosexuals and Rei.jpg (3MB, 5401x3949px) Image search: [Google]
Homosexuals and Rei.jpg
3MB, 5401x3949px
>>145396121
Not true, Anno designed Kaworu to be Shinji's ideal self and love interest.
That's why Shinji still falls in love with him even in the drafts where Asuka and Rei didn't get rekt.
>>
>>145396230
Honestly it's come full circle.

Wasn't there some shit about people being able to come back from LCL if they have the will to live? So EOE really just set up an implied Madmax scenario anyway.
>>
>>145396211

The pool scene and in her apartment after touching her breast.
>>
File: eva-explained.gif (112KB, 628x609px) Image search: [Google]
eva-explained.gif
112KB, 628x609px
>>145396223
If you're in the target audience, you're supposed to say "Oh my God, I am that fucking dreadful, depressing waste of space!"
>>
>>145396349
Actually he only blushed towards Asuka in the pool scene, as soon as he looked at Rei he stopped blushing.
And in the apartment it was mostly shock lines, not blush.
>>
>>145396211
He doesn't.
Shinji doesn't find Rei attractive, and who could blame him? Bitch looks like a toilet.
>>
>>145396288
uh-huh. Kaworufags rely on storylines that don't exist to prove a point.

Guess what, the only thing that matters is what happens.
>>
>>145396208
Stand-out character does not equal popular character, and even if it did one character standing out more or being more popular doesn't mean the other characters of the show weren't also incredibly popular. Moreover, you argued that certain elements of her character are what made her popular, which is not something that's not shown in any data.
>>
>>145396328
True, but I want to see some more industrial post-apocalyptic shit now in 4.0
>>
File: 1382184146126.jpg (1011KB, 1057x1018px) Image search: [Google]
1382184146126.jpg
1011KB, 1057x1018px
>>145396464
And what matters is that Shinji said he loves Kaworu and not you're waifu. Boo-hoo.
>>
File: kek.jpg (189KB, 490x739px) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
189KB, 490x739px
>>145396405
Cuck-a-doodle-doo
>>
>>145396465
Don't be an idiot.

Rei is a character that is vastly more popular than the next competitor within the series, this makes her factually and undeniably "a stand out character". Not just in the context of Evangelion, but anime in general at the time.

You keep dumbing down discussion with every post you make. Get this: You're wrong, and you always will be. This isn't going to change, and no matter how much you squirm the result will always be the same.

>Moreover, you argued that certain elements of her character are what made her popular,
No, I did not. Even if I did, I'd point out the fact that it's the very character of Rei that made her popular, and that includes _all_ of Rei's character.

I'm telling you this so you can look into yourself, stop trying to one-up someone else on an imageboard, and try to have good conversation or discussion that isn't based on you being a butthurt beta bitch.
>>
i was kid since i watch this now im currently watching the 26 ep series.
I heard there are movies and retolds, where shoul i go from here?
>>
>>145396515
I don't have a waifu. You have nothing but your own delusions, and I'm happy if pointing it out makes you unhappy.
>>
File: asukatsundere.jpg (7KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
asukatsundere.jpg
7KB, 184x184px
Asuka is best girl.

Misato is cool too.
>>
File: 1386957396470.gif (106KB, 432x432px) Image search: [Google]
1386957396470.gif
106KB, 432x432px
>all these plebs that don't ship Shinji and Misato
>>
>>145390714
She offered Shinji her body back in Episode 23, when Rei died.
>>
>>145396725
Asuka is shit though.
>>
File: m26_C143_fapfapfap.gif (277KB, 420x238px) Image search: [Google]
m26_C143_fapfapfap.gif
277KB, 420x238px
>>145396651
Watch the series with the on-air versions of episode 21 on. Then watch the director's cut 21-24 and the End of Evangelion movie.
>>
>>145396716
Anon, Shinji says he loves Kaworu three times in the show and movie.
You can't blame me for the canon and Anno being a faggot.
>>
>>145396465
>Stand-out character does not equal popular character
Except in this case, it does. Rei wasn't just popular, she was more than twice as popular as the next female character, Asuka. Despite having less screentime.
Not just more popular than Asuka, but she was so popular she earned the title of "Premium Girl" and whatnot.

That's the definition of stand out.
>>
>>145396725
Misato is best girl for Shinji.

Asuka is best girl to get hatebanged by a group of muscular men.
>>
>>145396647
>All this projection
Anon, you're the one that's getting mad. Constantly asserting how correct you are and how wrong I am doesn't make you right, it only serves to betray your own insecurity. Maybe you should try to argue with someone honestly instead of feeling the need to resort to cheap insults and idiotic psychoanalysis at every turn.

>No, I did not.
Yes, you did.
>So it's the other way around, it doesn't help Asuka, Misato or the rest that they all have lesser versions of the same theme as Rei. Not only that. Rei is the only one who actually proves ot the viewer that she has a firmer grasp on herself than the rest does. There is a reason why Rei is the character that objectively stood the most out when NGE was introduced.
This clearly suggests that Rei's popularity is because of the strength of her self-identity themes, and that Asuka and Misato are less popular because they use this theme to a less effective degree.

>>145396855
You can stop samefagging anon, posting the same thing twice doesn't make you more correct either.
>>
>>145396843
I definitely can blame you for being a delusional shithead, yes. If there was one great thing Anno did concerning Kaworu, it was kill off Kaworu in the original and have Shinji get his good end without him.

Unfortunately Kaworufags miss the entire point about Kaworu, as he's supposed to be an evil, negative and self-indulgent escapist fantasy which threatens to ruin the entire human race. Literally in the show.

This beatuiful point is missed by Kaworufags and re-renditioned as "gay sex". Talk about small-minded crowd.
>>
>>145396925
No best gangbang would be Mari
>>
>>145396960
>HRUHUR SAMEFAG
Get out clown. What you're doing is the exact same as shitposting.
>>
>>145396973
Mari is a slut and would enjoy being gangbanged.

Asuka is a bitchy brat and would hate it, but deserves it.
>>
>>145397026
I wouldn't have said it if the second post didn't say the exact same fucking thing in the exact same style, just slightly shorter and less combative.
>>
>>145397096
Protip: Maybe it's extremely obvious why you're wrong.
>>
File: 089.jpg (73KB, 500x579px) Image search: [Google]
089.jpg
73KB, 500x579px
>>145396967
>as he's supposed to be an evil, negative and self-indulgent escapist fantasy
Then why does Anno say the exact opposite about him?
The one missing the point here is you, sorry that Shinji having feelings for a boy pisses you off so much.
>>
File: kaworudinner.jpg (711KB, 4320x3240px) Image search: [Google]
kaworudinner.jpg
711KB, 4320x3240px
Rate my date with Kaworu at a restaurant recently.
>>
File: 1469922413362.png (365KB, 600x677px) Image search: [Google]
1469922413362.png
365KB, 600x677px
>>145397206
>Rebuildworu
3/10
>>
>>145397177
I'm not arguing against you. I don't even disagree with you. I only disagree with your rhetoric. It's offputting, unnecessary, and is ultimately a detriment to your argumentation.
>>
>"fix" evangelion
You don't see people walking around wondering how should they "fix" Shakespeare's works do you nigger?
It's a medium-defining work, it's fine as it is.
>>
>>145396960
You act like an idiot, argue like an idiot and present the opinions of an idiot. I am not wrong to call you out on it. I can do this with complete justification because I've proved why you were an imbecile every time.

I will continue to do so for every single post forward as long as you give me the opportunity to. Every single time. So you either get your act together, start arguing honestly instead of deconstructing everything written or said in search of some feeble point that ultimately gets destroyed every time, or you get prepared to be called an idiot a lot. I'll even take pleasure in it due to how simple it is. Yes, it is that simple.

So let's get to the next dumb point you made that obviously, and clearly has no merit whatsoever:

>This clearly suggests that Rei's popularity is because of the strength of her self-identity themes, and that Asuka and Misato are less popular because they use this theme to a less effective degree.

Had you not been an underdeveloped moron, you'd have understood that in my post there's two sentences you're jumbling back to one. One being the assertation that indeed, it is the other way around as I described - the second infers from the fact that Rei is extremely popular in comparison the simple idea that Rei does stand out in a quite obvious manner regardless of what you may have to say otherwise.

So despite how much you might fantasize and twist the reality of the original series, the results are known and Rei was a stand out character. Again you can clearly see that I don't tie together the fact that Rei was an extremely "stand-out" character by any works such as "because (of)", "due (to), or similar.

With complete honesty, you should start arguing like you want to understand rather than to simply take a piss.
>>
>>145396832
thanks, im halfway still
>>
If you think that Evangelion needs to be "fixed" beyond an art/animation standpoint in the last few episodes then you didn't get it.

Even then the artistic choices provided content for meta analysis of Eva so there's still value.
>>
File: kaworu was a mistake.png (11KB, 361x272px) Image search: [Google]
kaworu was a mistake.png
11KB, 361x272px
>>145397204
He doesn't, really. Kaworu was an absolute failure at being that.

Kaworu is a shit character, and only shit people like him in earnest. Its that simple. Like kaworu -> you're pathetic.
>>
>>145396725
How can one woman be so based?
>>
>>145397329
Your "rhetoric" of being extremely oblivious and faking ignorance is far, far worse. It's like you're the next US president applying "rhetoric" by denying the existence of Guantanamo. You don't even realize how far gone you are, do you?
>>
File: Sadamoto, the Kaworufag.jpg (327KB, 407x854px) Image search: [Google]
Sadamoto, the Kaworufag.jpg
327KB, 407x854px
>>145397403
Nothing there about Anno intending Kaworu to be evil, quite the opposite. Almost every staff member has said something about Kaworu being good and ideal, and Shinji's opinion of him in the canon show just further evidences this.
Case closed, you're just a butthurt waifufag who can't face reality.

Nothing you do or say will change how Shinji feels about Kaworu and what Shinji doesn't feel for Rei. Sorry not sorry.
>>
File: kaworufag terrorist.jpg (151KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
kaworufag terrorist.jpg
151KB, 960x720px
>>145397204
>>145397403
Kaworufags are incapable of understanding reality and the world around them at a fundamental level.

To the Kaworufag, there is no difference between something that was supposed happen and something that actually happened, as long as it furthers their escapist fantasy. Kaworu himself has elements of this explicit reality-denial within him.

That is, on one hand, he is literally attempting to destroy the world, he betrays Shinji and hurts those around him despite never acting like it, as if his actions has no consequences. Even when he is put to death for what he is, he still smiles.

Kaworu represents absolute abandon into stupidity, escapism and depravity. Hence, a Kaworu fan could only be just as bad.
>>
File: 115531-makinami_mari_14.jpg (206KB, 1749x2458px) Image search: [Google]
115531-makinami_mari_14.jpg
206KB, 1749x2458px
>>145395897
Such sodium.
Fine, you don't like her, but do you at least think she's superficially cute?
>>
What's the deal with the Evangelion manga? Why did it run for 2 decades?
>>
File: 1367733092039.gif (491KB, 260x146px) Image search: [Google]
1367733092039.gif
491KB, 260x146px
>>145397336
>>
>>145397558
Hey faggot, how does it feel that Shinji ends up with Asuka? Too bad your ship was sunk canonically, TWICE in both NGE and EoE. It's really sad especially because the ship is literally all you have. If Asuka hadn't ended up with Shinji, then she'd still be great for her character. Kaworu? He has no character.

Plus, it's like you don't even understand that whatever Anno intended is not what became the truth in Evangelion. Kaworu is an evil, douchebag despite whatever you think Anno intended. It's right there in the show.

Anything you say to the opposite is clear-cut denial of reality, and all you do is make others laugh at you.
>>
>>145396973
>>145397030
Would Mari be hatefucked by Asuka, or would Mari fuck Asuka and hate it¿
>>
>>145397692
>Hey faggot, how does it feel that Shinji ends up with Asuka?
lol says fucking who?

Misato kissed him and promised him sex, got compromised, and will probably come back from the LCL and give Shinji the succ as soon as she sees them.

His relationship with Asuka was just dumb angstshit that will go down the drain when he sees a naked Misato crawling out of the Tang.
>>
>>145397648
Sadamoto didn't know where he was going with his fanfic, got bored, went off and did other things, came back a while later, and still couldn't figure out how to take his RxS story to an ending.
>>
>>145397776
*got complimented or whatever the fuck it's been so many years since I've given a shit about Eva terminology.
>>
But who's best in bed: Rei, Asuka or Misato?
>>
>>145397558
>b-but Anno said Kaworu was nice and that I should buy the merchandise!

Thanks for proving me (>>145397588) right, anon. Anno can say whatever he wants, but the truth is in NGE and within NGE only. Many authors, such as Ernest Hemingway often lie and mislead people about their own works, quite patently even, just to demonstrate the fact that whatever they say doesn't' actually matter.

So when Kaworu does patently evil things, betrays people and attempts to destroy the world, for no good reason at that, we understand that he is not a good person. You can debate what good/evil is, but what Kaworu did wasn't good.

It's also extremely naive to ignore Shinji's mental condition (or lack thereof) to pretend that Evangelion is some sort of homosexual paradise, despite the fact that everyone normal is quite clearly seeing an innocent boy's life get ruined.

Wake up Kaworufag, you're living a lie.
>>
>>145397353
>Again you can clearly see that I don't tie together the fact that Rei was an extremely "stand-out" character by any works such as "because (of)", "due (to), or similar.
Except that you do. You say "There's a reason why Rei is the character that objectively stood out most when NGE was introduced." The use of "there's a reason why" is clearly an attempt to draw a link between the things you said earlier and what you're saying now. If it wasn't then it was just bad writing.

Also I don't understand why you would spend 4 paragraphs just insulting me and only use half of one to actually make your point. Seems like a bit of a waste of time.

>>145397471
How am I faking ignorance? I understand your point. The only reason I'm still here is so I can somehow convince you that your hilariously aggressive and condescending tone isn't actually helpful. I even knew this would happen when I first replied to you, because I've done this before and you lack the ability to back up even an inch.
>>
>>145397776
>>145397822
>WAAAAAH ITS NOT FAIR IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN KAWORU AT THE BEACH NOT ASUKA

Wow, such bitter butthurt. How does it feel to know that even Rei was there as a ghost, and Asuka in the form of the cross? Kaworu is dead and gone, you're supposed to forget Kaworu and despite the idea of him, because that's accepting real life.
>>
Shinji and Asuka's relationship ends up being the most important at the end, and being the one used to complete Shinji's character arc, but that doesn't mean that she 'won' and they're going to work or even get together as a couple beyond the scope of the show.
I used to think like the S/A shippers, but over time I've realised that Evangelion just isn't that kind of work.
>>
File: Shinji loves Kaworu.png (130KB, 603x407px) Image search: [Google]
Shinji loves Kaworu.png
130KB, 603x407px
>>145397588
>>145397853
Calm down famalam,
You can always pretend Shinji loves Rei in your fanfics.
>>
>>145397829
You can do what you want to Misato if you tell her you love her. Rei will just lay there and take it. Asuka will fuck you like she's posessed to prove she's grown up.
>>
>>145397867
>Except that you do. You say "There's a reason why Rei is the character that objectively stood out most when NGE was introduced." The use of "there's a reason why" is clearly an attempt to draw a link between the things you said earlier and what you're saying now. If it wasn't then it was just bad writing.

Here's a better theory, you're reaching for straws like you've been doing the entire thread. It's not just this time, but you've been shown as clearly leaving out facts, details and more just to suit your now disproved arguent

I'm saying there's a reason why something factual has happened, and I'm telling you directly that the factual nature that Rei is a stand-out character within the context of EVA in the 90's cannot be denied. I am saying there is a reason for it, and whatever it might be, it without question it inherently involves all of Rei's character, all that I've mentioned and all that I've left out.

Rest assured, it's not a waste of time. You deserve to know how dumb you are, every second of it.
>>
>>145397973
There's no need to pretend at all, about anything. Evangelion is Evangelion, and it is good. You however, are so delusional that your only connection to this thread is shitposting about shipping.
>>
>>145397692
Since when does Shinji choking the ever-loving spit out of Asuka mean he ends up with her?

Kaworu was getting choked before it was cool, and he got the MCbowl without even trying.
>>
>>145397902
You suck at reading.
>>
This whole thread has literally gone tits up and turned into something completely different. Kinda like 3.0
>>
File: Shinji loves Kaworu part 2.png (610KB, 637x477px) Image search: [Google]
Shinji loves Kaworu part 2.png
610KB, 637x477px
>>145398068
Posting screenshots isn't delusional, seeing you get buttblasted over said screenshots is pretty funny though.

Do you cry at night over Shinji abandoning Rei to go bathe with homo boy the next day?
>>
>>145398113
It was started by bait. It didn't have a direction or purpose to begin with, so I'm not sure what it's "completely different" from.
>>
>>145397973
Nice projection. I don't ship. The sad thing is that you don't get that shipping is not required to love Evangelion.

To put this into perspective, you're like a disabled,freak looking into the windows of a candy shop named Evangelion, grasping only faint sniffs of the sweetness inside from a crack in the wall. You're out there like the disgusting outcast you are because you can only see Evangelion through the lens of shipping.

In reality it has fantastic characters, storylines and meaning that you reject so you can masturbate to underage gay sex. So go back to your homo-den over at tumblr, you're creeping people the fuck out.
>>
>>145398113
That's what happens when you let Reifags post
>>
File: smug faced asuka.jpg (7KB, 248x233px) Image search: [Google]
smug faced asuka.jpg
7KB, 248x233px
>>145398106
>y-yous suck at reading
Sweet, sweet kaworufag tears.
>>
File: 136668954.jpg (111KB, 1648x921px) Image search: [Google]
136668954.jpg
111KB, 1648x921px
>>145378642
>Shinji and Asuka ending up together. Misato and Shinji's father also get together
Choke on a dick, shipfag.
>>
File: 1368998498266.jpg (45KB, 402x402px) Image search: [Google]
1368998498266.jpg
45KB, 402x402px
>>145398189
>Nice projection. I don't ship.
Of course you do, you're a Reifag. Shipping is in your kike blood.

See, all I've been posting is screenshots and reiterating what is said in the show and by the staff. That isn't shipping.
You denying that for a fantasy, however, is shipping. Pretty pathetic famalam.
>>
>>145398085
Anno ended the show with Shinji and Asuka breaking through their shells for a brief moment to be vulnerable and sincere to each other.

The Shinji/Asuka relationship is obviously the most important at the ending.
But no, I wouldn't say they 'end up together'. People narrow down something complicated and artistic to something as dumb as 'who wins the MC bowl!' because that's easier to shitpost about on the internet.
>>
File: 046708.jpg (61KB, 297x309px) Image search: [Google]
046708.jpg
61KB, 297x309px
>>145397902
Kaworu's bodies are on the beach catching big fish.
>>
>>145398133
I don't ship. Shinji abandoned the hell outta Rei once he found out who she was, he didn't go see Asuka and he didn't even get along with Misato. Difference between me and you is that I understand all of this as part of a good story and solid character arcs rather than yaoi doujin-material.

Keep barking up the wrong tree though, all you're doing is showing that your only way of communication is through shipping.
>>
>>145398019
>I am saying there is a reason for it, and whatever it might be, it without question it inherently involves all of Rei's character, all that I've mentioned and all that I've left out.
Alright, so you are just a shit writer. It would have been more clear to make it clear that the "reason" isn't necessarily the stuff you said, especially since you put the two ideas in the same paragraph.
That said, that was probably exactly what you meant to suggest, you're just denying it now because it would make you look stupid because you were using the word objectively wrong.
And even if you weren't using it wrong you were using it superfluously, which is still stupid.

>You deserve to know how dumb you are, every second of it.
Every second of how dumb I am? Wow anon, that's an awful lot of dumb.
>>
>>145398337
They are Rei's bodies, she assimilated them earlier in the movie.

>kaworufags in charge of getting anything
hauheuhuehauhe
>>
>>145398287
The most important relationship is Shinji and Misato's, because that's what the bulk of the show is about. End of story.

The Devilman homage at the end doesn't change that.
>>
>>145398244
No, literally. Go read the posts you quoted.
Kaworu was never mentioned. You're either autistic or an illiterate manchild. Either way I expect you to proceed and damage control once you've realized the mistake you've made.
>>
File: 1456058122543.jpg (100KB, 855x545px) Image search: [Google]
1456058122543.jpg
100KB, 855x545px
>>145378642
Misato and Ritsuko show some form of maternal affection for Shinji but end up hurting him with their selfishness thus maintaining the overarching theme while giving them more relevance to the plot.

Kaworu is in Shinji's class from the beginning. He's been a Seele plant for years to monitor Gendo and NERV. He's been someone Shinji turns to for emotional support throughout the series thus increasing the drama when he betrays him.

Fuyutsuki spends some time with Shinji, the child of the woman he once loved. It at least gives him something to do. He also ultimately rejects Shinji because he feels like a cuckold, and vents his impotent resentment on Shinji.

Finally Shinji needs some kind of outlet besides moping in his room listening to an old cassette tape. In Rebuild he learns to play the piano. In one of the spin-off mangas I think he plays the violin. It helps if it's something introverted and isolated. Something that could be associated with fighting the Angels like joining a boxing gym or playing fighting games could work. Having him develop some twisted attachment to being a pilot that conflicts with his desire to run away from it all.
>>
>>145398271
>kaworufags calling anyone else shippers

That's rich. The projection really isn't working out for you.
>>
File: asuka_smug.jpg (447KB, 1619x1725px) Image search: [Google]
asuka_smug.jpg
447KB, 1619x1725px
>>145398413
Keep it letting it drip, fujoshit. Get madder too, your tears were a little cold, so it'd be nice if your hothead heated them up a bit.
>>
File: june6037.png (839KB, 730x1122px) Image search: [Google]
june6037.png
839KB, 730x1122px
>>145398340
See, all I've been doing is posting screenshots and Anno quotes, you're the one so upset and attacked by it that you're going on about shipping and yaoi.
Get some help.
>>
>>145398387
Rei heads merged with the Evas, the Kaworu bodies are still snug inside the entry plugs.
>>
>>145398382
>Alright, so you are just a shit writer. It would have been more clear to make it clear that the "reason" isn't necessarily the stuff you said, especially since you put the two ideas in the same paragraph.
>That said, that was probably exactly what you meant to suggest, you're just denying it now because it would make you look stupid because you were using the word objectively wrong.
>And even if you weren't using it wrong you were using it superfluously, which is still stupid.

Uh-huh, so you are so desperate now that you are literally posing "what if" questions regarding to what I meant, clearly fabricating narratives rather than accepting what was written factually, and even denying the obvious clarification?

Starting to see why you're stupid yet? Not only do you fail at reading-comprehension, but you're entirely incapable of being objective and stick to a discussion.

>Every second of how dumb I am? Wow anon, that's an awful lot of dumb.
You're telling me.
>>
>>145398439
Shinji plays the cello in the series, just before the kiss scene. It's the only thing he does that gains him any approval from Asuka.
>>
File: 60796704.jpg (118KB, 432x600px) Image search: [Google]
60796704.jpg
118KB, 432x600px
>>145398460
It's not shipping if it's Anno and Iku-chan.
>>
File: Iku-chan will never love Anno.jpg (117KB, 300x326px) Image search: [Google]
Iku-chan will never love Anno.jpg
117KB, 300x326px
>>145398643
>>
>>145398608
You're somehow still under the pretext that I disagree with your points. I don't. I disagree with your use of the word "objective" because it was used improperly. That's the only thing I ever had a problem with.
>>
>>145398404
Shinji and Misato are the main characters of the show, so yes.
Shinji and Asuka's relationship is made into the most important of EoE.
>>
File: smug.jpg (265KB, 691x753px) Image search: [Google]
smug.jpg
265KB, 691x753px
>>145398601
>oh nooo he caught me raging as a butthurt faggot WHAT DO I DO
>I know I'll pretend I'm not a kaworufag anymore despite only a kaworufag would care about kaworufags being called out

Just keep the teardrops flowing, kusomanko whale.
>>
File: bath-spread.jpg (538KB, 1520x2167px) Image search: [Google]
bath-spread.jpg
538KB, 1520x2167px
>>145398439
In the drafts Anno wrote Shinji and Kaworu have a piano and cello duet in the school at night.
But that might be a bit too gay for some anons here to handle.
>>
>>145398700
Nah, Asuka isn't even in half of the movie and when she does appear she's just a plot/exposition device.
It's mostly about Shinji and Misato again.
>>
File: finalround.png (67KB, 598x947px) Image search: [Google]
finalround.png
67KB, 598x947px
I'd make the ending play out like this.
>>
File: Anno and Iku-chan.jpg (49KB, 500x277px) Image search: [Google]
Anno and Iku-chan.jpg
49KB, 500x277px
>>145398684
>collab anime never
;_;
>>
>>145398689
The word "objectively" was used "objectively" right. I've shown why it was correct earlier, and your last attempt at disproving that fact included some inane and delusional hypthetical.

Quite ironic that you're arguing that something is not objective by not being objective yourself.

Keep in mind that I'm not calling your out for your stupidity because you disagreed with any earlier sentiment, oh no. That's not why you're a fucking moron, you're a moron because you keep continuing a completely lost argument with continuously worse and worse arguments with every post you make.

Somehow weird that the other guy just "disappeared" and some guy takes his "spot" conveniently whenever there's nothing more than semantics to argue. Because that's all you're doing, and you're even losing at that. When you're wrong, concede and continue to grow the discussion instead of being an idiot like you currently are.
>>
File: 1391640118325.png (413KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
1391640118325.png
413KB, 640x400px
>>145398755
That's not even the gayest part of the drafts.
What about when Shinji begs Kaworu to go out with him on the beach and starts crying?
I think Anno got these cheesy ideas straight from yaoi manga and gay porn.
>>
>>145398585
Rei merged with everything, and she ate the Kaworu bodies and shat them out.
>>
>>145398807
It really isn't. It is for 25', then after Misato's death the focus shifts more onto Shinji and Asuka because that's where Anno saw the best way to draw out the thematic thrust of the film. And so we have the final scene.

I'm not saying that Shinji and Asuka 'end up together'
>>
>>145398533
>>145398643
Just FYI Kaworufag, the more you shitpost about "Anno meta" rather than assess the actual cartoon's contents, the more you show that you're out there in fantasy-land rather than down here with the rest of us.

We don't need help. You do.
>>
File: 1417736003424.png (325KB, 500x569px) Image search: [Google]
1417736003424.png
325KB, 500x569px
>>145398755
>>145398439
The problem is that it was so sudden in both Rebuild and TV series. Shinji at least fought it a little in the manga. Neither the audience nor Shinji have any time to grow attached to Kaworu.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (280KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
280KB, 1920x1080px
>>145396230
>it's a Kaworu dies historic on the fury road episode
>>
File: Khara in a nutshell.jpg (93KB, 599x607px) Image search: [Google]
Khara in a nutshell.jpg
93KB, 599x607px
>>145399027
I only posted screenshots from the show, you got mad about said screenshots.
If you want to call the canon show a fantasy-land then go ahead, that only says more about you at the end of the day than me.

>>145399032
Anno wanted it to be love-at-first-sight like in all those cheesy Shoujo he loves so much.
Shinji was just a closet case in the manga.
>>
>>145399032
The problem is that Kaworu is a shit character and he's supposed to be that way. The audience accepts that quite easily. Maybe not in 3.33, since 3.33 is a shitshow.
>>
>>145398998
Misato dies near 3/4ths into the movie, and all of it was about her and Shinji.
Asuka only gets a few montage scenes in Instrumentality iirc, even Rei has her beat in focus.
>>
>>145378642
Make the story comprehendable without needing to read extra material. Instrumentality is incomprehendable without additional information. Character motivations are impossible to understand too. I shouldn't be required to play a Jap only PS2 game or read a supplemental manga.
>>
File: Zetsubouworu2.png (282KB, 704x396px) Image search: [Google]
Zetsubouworu2.png
282KB, 704x396px
>>145399172
You're one of the very few who thinks that.
Kaworu became record-breakingly popular and influential to the Anime scene because he's anything but a shit character.
>>
>>145399167
No one is getting mad about screenshots, fujoshit. In fact, you'll see that no one gives a shit except you. Which is the issue, you are blowing tiny bits of nothing into a grand homo escapism and smearing it all over the thread. That's the escapism you sorely need to be cured of.
>>
>>145399280
Most people think Kaworu is a complete shit character, except the fujoshi and otaku fundoshi. Your picture related is in that anime the stereotypical, filithy fujoshi people look down on.
I mean, really the character's name is a pun on it even.
>>
File: transpose-text.jpg (42KB, 954x346px) Image search: [Google]
transpose-text.jpg
42KB, 954x346px
>>145399237
Anno stole liberally from all the science fiction that he and the other guys at Gainax had read. The only thing from the PS2 game that you can't guess at from just scifi tropes alone is that only the maternal half of Kyoko's soul transferred in her contact experiment.
>>
File: img_duchamp.jpg (24KB, 582x400px) Image search: [Google]
img_duchamp.jpg
24KB, 582x400px
>>145399280
>>145399172
Being popular and influential doesn't necessarily mean there's something of value.
>>
>>145399219
Suggest you rewatch it because that's factually incorrect.

Misato dies even before Asuka loses to MP-EVAs. Her only appearance after that is when Shinji sees her having sex with Kaji and as a backup voice when he's talking to the Rei/Misato/Asuka trio.
In Instrumentality Asuka gets the train scene where she shoves her breasts in his face, and then the strangle scene in the kitchen
>>
>>145399415
Not up for debate.
>>
File: zetsuboueva.jpg (872KB, 1272x2167px) Image search: [Google]
zetsuboueva.jpg
872KB, 1272x2167px
>>145399303
I never said anything but that Shinji loves Kaworu, as evidenced in the screenshots.
You in fact did get mad about it. Very mad. Sorry famalam.

>>145399368
And yet he's the one shown and not characters like Shinji, Asuka, or Misato.
>>
File: 1457328701367.jpg (399KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1457328701367.jpg
399KB, 1280x720px
>>145378642
>21 years later people still don't get it
>>
>>145399396
Great idea. Evangelion would be much better if they swaped the genders.
>>
>>145399448
I don't see how two scenes suddenly means she has the most focus in the movie.
Misato and Rei got way more than her, both screentime wise and thematically.
Asuka is pretty much a plot device in EoE.
>>
File: 1368907468863.gif (2MB, 254x275px) Image search: [Google]
1368907468863.gif
2MB, 254x275px
>>145398714
It's been so long since I've seen someone get this BTFO.

Even if you're just "baiting" you're still doing nothing but making yourself look like a dribbling retard, so I don't know who's chain you think you're yanking.

Keep digging your hole deeper, fag.
>>
>>145399462
Asuka has several scenes, including one recreation of her EoE-scene in that anime. Also that scene you posted is in reference to the fujoshi-character.

Plus you're not even making a point any more, you're just being retarded. That anime and the manga is extremely referential. To the extreme.
>>
File: smugsuka.png (919KB, 1064x983px) Image search: [Google]
smugsuka.png
919KB, 1064x983px
>>145399533
Keep going, your tears feed me Kaworu-whale. Better run or the nips will harpoon you!
>>
>/a/ is so full of shipper fags that they can't even comprehend that there's such thing as love that isn't "they want to fuck"
God damn Anno is a hack but his mediocrity STILL manages to fly over your manchild heads.
>>
>>145399590
I think you're mixing up anons, bro
>>
File: Hemmoroids.png (903KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Hemmoroids.png
903KB, 640x480px
>>145399280
PinexNapple a shit
>>
>>145399665
I hate shipping of all kinds, and Kaworufags especially need to die because their entire existence is shipping. Kaworufags are sick, sick people.
>>
File: FUCKIN NORMIES.jpg (95KB, 600x801px) Image search: [Google]
FUCKIN NORMIES.jpg
95KB, 600x801px
>>145399735
I know, right? Fuck highschool girls that don't want to go out with us anons.
>>
File: 1192438409852.jpg (47KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1192438409852.jpg
47KB, 300x300px
>>145399735
>>
File: 1363598217563.gif (1MB, 200x118px) Image search: [Google]
1363598217563.gif
1MB, 200x118px
>>145399636
Keep damage controlling with your autistic folder of Asuka reaction images. Actually with how much you talk about Kaworu and think about Kaworu despite me posting about Misato, maybe you're the closet Kaworufag here. Trying to deflect/project, Kaworufag?
>>
>>145399679
I'm not, he posted a picture of Zayonara Zetsubou Sensei and I'm talking about that.

He's a fucking moronic Kaworufag, probably one of the great disgusting autists that plague eva-threads too, so naturally he'll shitpost and shitpost about "muh otp" while posting all the tangential kaworu-references he can find. Look upon that sad, fat creature and despair. This is what extreme otaku pandering does to people.

Anno and the makers of anime are dooming their own nation.
>>
File: 1359409495850.png (440KB, 742x736px) Image search: [Google]
1359409495850.png
440KB, 742x736px
>>
File: 869695353.png (269KB, 1025x857px) Image search: [Google]
869695353.png
269KB, 1025x857px
>>145399793
Reifags and Asukafags secretly want to fuck Kaworu, if these threads didn't make it obvious. They're obsessed with him.
>>
File: 1453189808074.jpg (185KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1453189808074.jpg
185KB, 500x500px
>>
>>145399830
He was just posting screenshots of Shinji saying he loved Kaworu and you busted a nut for the rest of the thread.
I think you need to take some pills.
>>
File: asuka_smug.png (346KB, 499x564px) Image search: [Google]
asuka_smug.png
346KB, 499x564px
>>145399793
By all means, don't stop now, Kaworufag. It really hurts your already widened-out anus that Asuka ended up with Shinji at the beach, and Kaworu is nowhere to be seen, so you try to use Misato as a cover.
Called you out many posts earlier mate.

So don't stop the music now.
>>
>>145393522
>Add more best girl.
>best
Anno literally created her the sole purpose of being fanservice trash for otaku, he's mocking the shit of you retard-kun.
>>
File: 1442738929558.png (749KB, 1060x960px) Image search: [Google]
1442738929558.png
749KB, 1060x960px
>>
File: Anno.jpg (24KB, 275x270px) Image search: [Google]
Anno.jpg
24KB, 275x270px
>>145399735
>Kaworufags are sick, sick people.
Well, you're not wrong. Just take a gander at this crazy billionaire Kaworufag.
>>
>>145399925
Fuck off back to /cm/ cancerfag.
>>
File: 1468031293121.gif (3MB, 700x285px) Image search: [Google]
1468031293121.gif
3MB, 700x285px
>>145399934
>MFW you're crying about Kaworu while Misato cucked the shit out of Asuka with two different men
Fucking kek stay BTFO.
>>
File: Being Asuka is suffering.png (62KB, 472x760px) Image search: [Google]
Being Asuka is suffering.png
62KB, 472x760px
>>145399934
Not him but you should rewatch the show.
Asuka is the biggest cuck in the show.
>>
>>145399513
They all probably have around equal screen time, but Asuka gets the most focus thematically. Anna uses how they keep hurting each other to represent Shinji's relationship with reality. When he strangles her because he can't handle her rejection, it represents his choice to start instrumentality. When he accepts that he will be hurt on earth, he has to deal with the hurtful presence of Asuka, and in the final scene they have to find a way to reach out and communicate without destroying each other.

Misato has fulfilled her role in the show and doesn't really have much to do with the thematic thrust of the final stretch, so she's killed off early in the film.
>>
File: 1237244474214.jpg (297KB, 875x875px) Image search: [Google]
1237244474214.jpg
297KB, 875x875px
>>
File: 1384239379347.jpg (49KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1384239379347.jpg
49KB, 720x480px
>>145393843
>wanting Earth to lose
Disgusting.
>>
>>145400001
Why are you triggered by screenshots from the show? Does it make you uncomfortable?
>>
File: smugsy.png (84KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
smugsy.png
84KB, 250x250px
>>145399790
>>145399771
>>145399793
>>145399853
>>145399869
>>145399911
>>145399925
>>145399991
>>145400004
>>145400045
>>145400059
>>145400094

Kaworufags on FULL shitposting mode.
>>
File: 1314220321785.jpg (205KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1314220321785.jpg
205KB, 720x480px
>>145398951
>>145398755
Speaking of Anno's limitations as a writer, there should have been more interaction between Misato and Asuka as well as between Ritsuko and Rei. I don't usually criticize media for the fact that female characters tend to revolve around the male leads, but Misato spends so much screentime thinking about Shinji and never worries about Asuka who she is also living with. Ritsuko has been looking after Rei who she of course has some resentment for from her relationship with Gendo, Yui, and her own mother, but we never see it on screen.
>>
File: 35429296_p1.jpg (201KB, 413x493px) Image search: [Google]
35429296_p1.jpg
201KB, 413x493px
>>145400094
Shinji looks great in a dress.
>>
File: zj9csg.jpg (209KB, 1212x1600px) Image search: [Google]
zj9csg.jpg
209KB, 1212x1600px
>>145379588
Some are suggesting they are actually sequels to the original.

See pic related

actually I'm kinda hoping it myself
>>
>>145396121
>Shinji cried, despaired and even made out with those characters.
You know Kaworu and Shinji were originally supposed to have a make out scene, right?
>>
>>145400119
Looks like Anno found out about 4chan.
>>
>The thread will eventually die down as Kaworufags ramp up the shitposting to 11
>>
>>145400119
Kaworu is LITERALLY the best thing about Evangelion.
>>
File: The OTP1.jpg (71KB, 356x500px) Image search: [Google]
The OTP1.jpg
71KB, 356x500px
>>145400188
Kaworu was originally supposed to dump him after they went skinny dipping because he was heterosexual.
>>
>>145400119
>still replying to people who aren't even pro-Kaworu
God damn how is it possible for you to be this mad?
>>
File: f_08406733.png (235KB, 1280x660px) Image search: [Google]
f_08406733.png
235KB, 1280x660px
Reminder that Shinji is a girl, so liking Kawoshin isn't gay.

t. Anno
>>
File: 1422176926941.png (956KB, 707x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1422176926941.png
956KB, 707x1000px
>>145400143
Because best girl is why.
>>
File: 1389550466721.jpg (221KB, 709x3211px) Image search: [Google]
1389550466721.jpg
221KB, 709x3211px
>>145400094
This explains why they broke up. Kaji is a cross-dresser and he kept stealing Misato's clothes and stretching out her underwear. It would certainly be more interesting than them vaguely being too damaged to maintain a relationship. The reality is that mentally scarred people are usually way more clingy and codependent because no one else could tolerate their bullshit except someone who has equally terrible problems. Kaji didn't have any overt flaws like alcoholic Misato or Spinster Cat-lady Ritsuko.
>>
File: 1456025700449.jpg (118KB, 461x700px) Image search: [Google]
1456025700449.jpg
118KB, 461x700px
>>145400119
>>
Katsuragi uses Adam to replace Asuka's eye.
Operation successful.
Asuka keeps the patch on.
>Fixed
>>
>>145400406
She's cute but has zero personality.
>>
>>145400404
Misato and Kaji broke up because she wanted to fuck middleschoolers instead.
>>
File: 1367537230427.jpg (251KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
1367537230427.jpg
251KB, 500x600px
>>
File: 1321504293145.jpg (273KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1321504293145.jpg
273KB, 1920x1080px
>>145400485
I would be ok with that if she was in fact fucking his classmates before she met Shinji. Anno relies on vagueness too much.
>>
>>145399991
>>145400559
Why do you keep dumping random as fuck ships?
>>
File: 1390253253391.jpg (6KB, 150x115px) Image search: [Google]
1390253253391.jpg
6KB, 150x115px
>>145400566
That's retarded.
>>
File: 1232404250668.gif (710KB, 120x90px) Image search: [Google]
1232404250668.gif
710KB, 120x90px
>>145400598
Because it amuses me to do so.
>>
>>145384722
>you now realize every single harem anime is shitty evangelion fanfiction
>>
On a scale of 1 to 10, how mad does it make you that Shinji loves Kaworu and not you're waifu? Be honest, we're all friends here.
>>
File: 1361653972203.png (268KB, 573x338px) Image search: [Google]
1361653972203.png
268KB, 573x338px
>>145400673
No one would respond to me unless I'm posting images of toilets or ships! I'm desperate! How about if Kensuke and Kaworu were merged? Would make Shinji's long walk and camping out at night more interesting.
>>
>>145400137
Now I want to pee in Rei's mouth.
>>
>>145400814
You'd have to have a special kind of shit taste to have ANY girl from eva as your waifu.
>>
>>145399853
>>145399911
>>145399991
>>145400059
Love how the artist draws Asuka, but that's a garbage ship
>>
File: 44251621_p20.png (346KB, 700x988px) Image search: [Google]
44251621_p20.png
346KB, 700x988px
>>145400881
But what if Shinji is my waifu?
>>
Nyaa nyaaa nyaaaaa~
>>
File: 1125930646200.jpg (34KB, 285x500px) Image search: [Google]
1125930646200.jpg
34KB, 285x500px
>>145400814
It's great to think she isn't with that faggy Ikari boy.
>>
File: Tohsaka.png (133KB, 967x334px) Image search: [Google]
Tohsaka.png
133KB, 967x334px
>>145400816
>>145400404
>>145400122
>>145399032
>>145398439
Why am I even bothering? No one watches this shit for anything but shipping!
>>
>>145400938
Nyaaaaaaa nyaa nyaaaa~
Mari qt as fuck family pie
>>
Alright niggas, here's how we do it
Shinji x Kaworu
Mari x Asuka
Rei x Gendo
Everyone happy now?
>>
File: zomg-ak.png (130KB, 320x358px) Image search: [Google]
zomg-ak.png
130KB, 320x358px
>>145400896
Double the NTR, double the fun. And they look good together as well.
>>
>>145401056
RG is a shit ship

>>145401065
No anon, just no.
>>
>>145401118
I can't think of anyone else to put Rei with though
>>
File: 1389643333835.gif (968KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1389643333835.gif
968KB, 500x281px
>>145400937
Then book a flight to Thailand. Don't you think attending Toji's funeral or meeting his sister would have been a nice scene? Would really help illustrate how unhinged Shinji becomes.
>>
>>145401146
Herself? Or put Asuka with Hikari and rei with Mari.
>>
>>145400710
The fuck!?
>>
File: 1247350313141.jpg (69KB, 800x534px) Image search: [Google]
1247350313141.jpg
69KB, 800x534px
>>145401056
Glasses guy and glasses girl
>>
>>145401220
Fuck outta here. Mari is high tier. At the most she would watch him beat off and then laugh at him, but she would never touch him.
>>
>>145401056
Yes.
>>
File: vlcsnap2010060200h58m25.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap2010060200h58m25.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>145401217
Haven't you seen the extended cuts?
>>
File: 1416878744525.jpg (422KB, 1080x2248px) Image search: [Google]
1416878744525.jpg
422KB, 1080x2248px
>>145401053
>>145401056
>>145400938
>>145393522
>>145393663
>>145394023
>>145394637
>>145395142
>>145395620
>>145397645
You're making me talk about that empty source of extra merchandising? Fine, so it's pretty clear Mari is much older than she appears and has some ulterior motive. SEELE no longer exists so what is her motivation? Could she possibly have some connection to Ikari Yui?
>>
>>145398460
I'm a Kaworufag but I don't ship him with Shinji because I want him all to myself.

t. Creator of Welcome to the N.H.K.
>>
File: 1385509087611.gif (50KB, 600x569px) Image search: [Google]
1385509087611.gif
50KB, 600x569px
>>145401056
>>
>>145401470
>t.
What?
>>
File: 1372959441836.gif (183KB, 600x493px) Image search: [Google]
1372959441836.gif
183KB, 600x493px
>>145401470
>>145401220
>>145401065
>>145401056
This is why Anno made EoE and put no effort into Rebuild. You people sicken me.
>>
File: misato-ritsuko.jpg (63KB, 507x853px) Image search: [Google]
misato-ritsuko.jpg
63KB, 507x853px
OTP
>>
>>145401601
Lewd and gross
>>
>>145401564
This is the designated shitposting thread, anon.
>>
File: 1353455012305.jpg (199KB, 600x670px) Image search: [Google]
1353455012305.jpg
199KB, 600x670px
>>145401419
Clearly she only exists to shiptease with Asuka.

Just waiting for this scene next movie.
>>
>ITT: People getting mad over the most obvious bait ever
>>
File: 1459007913330.jpg (74KB, 530x805px) Image search: [Google]
1459007913330.jpg
74KB, 530x805px
>>145401601
Fuck having a discussion, I'm just going to jerk off.
>>
>>145401720
Post more please?
>>
File: 62875391.jpg (109KB, 640x1772px) Image search: [Google]
62875391.jpg
109KB, 640x1772px
>>145401786
We went far past the bait 300+ posts ago.
>>
File: asuka-gendo.jpg (37KB, 500x538px) Image search: [Google]
asuka-gendo.jpg
37KB, 500x538px
>>145401812
That's the only "Asuka beating Mari up" pic I've got. I'd collect more if they existed.
>>
>>145401949
There's a set in black and white, but I don't have them. Was hoping you did
>>
>>145378642

>Gendo
>ever being a real father to Shinji
>Shinji
>even wanting to forgive his father and live a normal life with him

Misato is already Shinji's mom or future wife.

>>145381365

>Asuka
>dies from choking

<insert "I'm so fucked up" blowjob joke here>
>>
Best
>>
>>145402116
Evil and wrong
>>
File: KozoHikari.jpg (85KB, 848x1200px) Image search: [Google]
KozoHikari.jpg
85KB, 848x1200px
>>145402154
And when has that ever stopped anybody?
>>
>>145402238
Fucking christ, she's too pure...thats horrible
>>
>>145400188
>supposed

Nobody gives a fuck.

Your husbando is an eldritch abomination who can't comprehed human feelings if they bite him in the ast at best; an eldrtich abomination who deliberately tries to worm itself into condifence of the single human who can stop it to weaken that human and then devotes its exitstence to emotionally torturing that human in alternate timelines, at worst. Deal with it.
>>
>>145402290
Kaworu just wanted a friend, Shinji was being a fag and wanted to fuck him.
>>
File: 35615856_p6.jpg (508KB, 901x1200px) Image search: [Google]
35615856_p6.jpg
508KB, 901x1200px
>>145401949
>>145402061
>>
>>145402651
Yesss!
>>
>>145402651
Am I strange for thinking that this is cute?
>>
File: 35615856_p7.jpg (352KB, 869x1200px) Image search: [Google]
35615856_p7.jpg
352KB, 869x1200px
>>145402810
Probably
>>
>>145378642
I'd make it not shit and boring
>>
>>145400119
Just lynch them all. World would be a better place.
>>
File: 1165633298260.jpg (62KB, 368x502px) Image search: [Google]
1165633298260.jpg
62KB, 368x502px
>>145402572
Sums up Ikuni and Anno, really.
>>
>>145402930
Oh well, guess I'm strange then.
>>
we are near to 400 posts
>>
>>145403352
So?
>>
>>145403352
Op here. I'm very proud of y'all.
>>
File: 1174569552320.jpg (112KB, 400x450px) Image search: [Google]
1174569552320.jpg
112KB, 400x450px
>>145403352
Most of which are shipping or waifu related.
>>
>>145403606
Ewww fuck. Asuka let go of that.
>>
>>145397206
>karl
>angel hair pasta
10/10
>>
File: middleschool.png (47KB, 464x240px) Image search: [Google]
middleschool.png
47KB, 464x240px
>>145400485
>>
>>145404270
Live action movie with Nicole Aniston playing Misato when?
>>
It can't be a coincidence that all Asukafags are underage
>>
>>145405079
>being this immature
Yeah, you're underage alright.
>>
>>145404937
>implying
>concentrating sodium
Be nice bile spewing anon
>>
>>145404937
What do you base this statement on?
>>
File: sEd4DMx.jpg (412KB, 1482x1976px) Image search: [Google]
sEd4DMx.jpg
412KB, 1482x1976px
I would like Misato doing the grown up stuff to Shinji, that's just because I have an onee-san fetish
>tfw I'll never have an onee-san to asphyxiate me with her cow tits ;_;
>>
>>145393073

Nah she tries to confort him, why do you think that scene implies she offer sex?
>>
>>145408347
Watch that scene again retard, it's not even implied that she tries to have sex with him, they make it so obvious that it's astounding that you missed it. Now leave this thread and watch the episode again retard, instead of wasting posts like a piece of shit.

Have a good night.
>>
>>145378642

>happy ending

Fucking casuals.

>>145379207

More Auska, less Rei would improve it.
>>
>>145390542
sao.jpg
>>
>>145378642
That sounds like some kind of shonen shit

Make no mistake its going to be a wtf troll ending
>>
>>145409714
You want more abuse for Auska even I don't hate her that much
>>
>>145378642
Asuka fans are cuck

Moot was a cuck and liked asuka

asuka fans = cucks
>>
File: Mari 2.jpg (53KB, 500x575px) Image search: [Google]
Mari 2.jpg
53KB, 500x575px
Hey guys. I'm not too late am I?
>>
>>145378642
Hire somebody other than Anno for series composition because he's terrible at it.
>>
>>145412144
Said the toiletcuck
>>
>>145408895

She only tries to grab his hand, i watched it yesterday
>>
>>145412391
No, but you're posting worst girl, so fuck off.
>>
>>145378642
Kill Shinji and make someone else the main character.
>>
>360 replies on this lame bait thread
>91 IPs

Samefagging is a problem.
>>
>>145378642
Blood pattern blue!

It's a BAIT!
>>
>>145378642
I'm pretty sure this is a troll but if it's not congratulations on ruining the series
>>
>>145414958
>360 replies need 360 posters
Only an autist doesn't understand how a conversation works.
>>
File: Kaworu and Shinji bathing.png (447KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Kaworu and Shinji bathing.png
447KB, 1440x1080px
>>145378642
I'm pretty sure Shinji's idea of a happy ending is taking it up the ass nightly from Karl
>>
File: 1470704613802.jpg (100KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1470704613802.jpg
100KB, 960x960px
>>145378642
>>145396073
>>145379678
>>145379937
>>145383666
>>145385226
>>145393522
so this is the power of neo /a/
>>
>>145400399
>If Shinji was born today he'd become a SJW trap
>>
File: 1461215567049s.jpg (8KB, 194x250px) Image search: [Google]
1461215567049s.jpg
8KB, 194x250px
>>145391301
>Anonymous 08/08/16(Mon)13:11:11 No.145391301▶
bad choice, it copped out the original ending because it was obtuseness for mainstream audiences.

It did it's own thing; however, the original ending and eoe evoked multiple philosophical dilemmas.

Also if your characters don't remember any actions that transpired throughout the story, then (in the end) they are completely different people. and any events that happened before are now meaningless.

At least in EOE and NGE everyone remembers the hardships, and adversities that shaped their personas.
>>
Who is to blame for the Leliel debacle: Shinji, Asuka or Misato?
>>
File: 1462471227311.png (518KB, 1153x614px) Image search: [Google]
1462471227311.png
518KB, 1153x614px
>>145398643
>>
>>145394044

Can't blame you for this.
>>
>>145393522
My nigger
yes we need more of her
Anyone who doesn't agree is a horse cock sucking faggot.

Here are the reasons why she's the best girl:
1.No parent issues
2. She loves piloting an eva
3. She has her own agenda
4. She doesn't wait for permission to use your eva, she takes
5. Unlike Asuka, when she looses, she at least doesn't become a pirate and lose an eye(twice)
6. Best rack out of all the eva girls
7. possibly a nymph
8. dat smug face.
9. doesn't have any emo psychotic breakdowns

I can do this all night. Don't try to argue with me
>>
File: 1462153454935.jpg (35KB, 454x445px) Image search: [Google]
1462153454935.jpg
35KB, 454x445px
>>145414476
>>
I would have shinji lose interest in asuka, begin watching anime and become a loser. eoe never happens because the seele realizes nerv is a huge waste of money and will probably fail because they're relying on kids to get tanged. shinji goes through the rest of his life a loveless beta male and never comes close to a girl ever again, and resents himself for not getting with asuka.
>>
Shinji saves the world and everyone is ressurected, Misato "rewards" him by taking his virginity, this experience mentally scars the young Shinji and he can never have a proper relationship again, he later kills himself.
>>
File: gallery_20516_9_1904083.jpg (1MB, 2247x3200px) Image search: [Google]
gallery_20516_9_1904083.jpg
1MB, 2247x3200px
>>145390831
wrong.

EOE was going to be the end but the ran out of cash. So when they decided to do EOE they got refunded.

EOE its a perfect end. It wraps up everything, the resurrection of the death. The conclusion of the hedgehog dilema. Asuka and Shinji finally communicating without the barriers.

Note he starts crying cause:
He realises Asuka is alive! despite him seeing her Eva 02 completely destroyed.
She gives him a sincere act of kindness which he had never recieved since his mom went away.

And kimochiwarui, cause Asuka felt gross at her current state and about everything that had happened.
>>
File: 1455335675448.jpg (167KB, 500x522px) Image search: [Google]
1455335675448.jpg
167KB, 500x522px
>>145393478
But shinji wanted to fuck Asuka. He was just too fucking scared of her rejecting him. And cause he was naive as fuck like any 14 year old boy with insecurity and abandonment issues.
>>
>>145422108
This feels like some level of projection Anon.
>>
File: 1459886855697.jpg (18KB, 400x540px) Image search: [Google]
1459886855697.jpg
18KB, 400x540px
>>145394317
Rei fags please...
>>
>>145395573
You didnt get Kaworu didnt you?

For starters he wasnt even a human, he was the fucking patriarch of humanity when his soup mixed with that of Lillith. So he sees Shinji as this strange, fragile creature that becomes precious to him. Like being charmed by a cute critter and seeing the best of all in it.

Shinji on the other hand had never been treated with sincere kindness by anyone before and was the first time he met someone authentically nice and awesome.
>>
>>145396405
the manga sucked ass anyways, it de-humanized Asuka and never resolved the hedgehog dilema. It doesnt even handle a faint candle to EOE.
>>
>>145399462
>>145399590
wait... where the fuck is this from?
>>
>>145409714
>fucking casuals

It was a happy ending though
>>
>>145400267
wait... what is going on here? Who is that girl?
>>
>>145381479
It's not remotely a retcon. 25/26 had so much of the budget taken out that it was forced to cut a lot of content.

The fact there are scenes in 25/26 that are later shown in EoE shows it wasn't retconned. And it wasn't major stuff either.
>>
>>145378642
How would you fix Mona Lisa?
>>
Better ending.
Don't make it episodic with a new angel every episode. Becomes way too predictable. It was blatant no one would die because m-muh plot armor
>>
File: d97.jpg (145KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
d97.jpg
145KB, 1280x1024px
>>
>>145378642
Step 1: destroy the rebuilds

There is no step 2.
>>
File: plsnobully.gif (249KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
plsnobully.gif
249KB, 480x360px
one day after being really depressed and rewatching evangelion again i broke down and

looked up fan fiction

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/3470043/1/Neon-Genesis-Evangelion-Genocide

this is the best fanfic ive ever read - good characterization/plot/combat/etc

give it a try if you want but please no bully
>>
>>145378642
>how to fix masterpiece

why would you want to do that anon? are you retarded?
>>
>>145421036
That was already the best possible outcome. Rei and Asuka couldn't have done anything if Shinji had waited for them to get to position, they'd just be much closer before firing on the Angel's presumed body. The most that could change would be all three Evas go under, maybe Nerv's self-destruct gets used or the JSDF starts N2 bombardment immediately.
>>
>>145393478
>this mad that based Kaji ruined your /ss/-ship delusions.
>>
>>145378642
How can you fix perfection?
>>
>>145424291
It's not Shinji or Kaworu. It's from a spin-off about pachinko. The girl is a pachinko nut named Sakura Mogami and the Kaworu-looking guy is her coworker who just happens to be a dead ringer for Kaworu. A lot of her coworkers look just like Eva characters but aren't.
>>
>>145401419
>SEELE no longer exists so what is her motivation
Piloting Evas because she thinks it's fun.

The Yui connection only exists in the manga as fanservice. The Rebuild Mari would be well into her 20s before an Eva even existed and she just recently grew big boobs thanks to puberty.

She's just some weird punk kid working as Kaji's sidekick and got folded into Wille so she could keep piloting after the mass defection from NERV.
>>
I know someone who is seriously in love with Kaworu. She hasn't left her house in months and spends most of her time daydreaming about Kaworu and pretending (although to her it's not pretending) that she's talking to Kaworu. She only leaves her house to go on dates with him, which she does by having her mom (whom she lives with) drive her places and then bringing a picture of Kaworu with her. The little allowance she gets from her mom (she has no job and no education) she spends on Kaworu merch. She (probably) has less than 5 friends (whom she know only talks with over the internet) and essentially has Shinji's personality.

Does she need help?
>>
If they make a live action do you think they'd change the ending?
>>
no more thermal expansion
the pacing is the one big flaw
>>
File: 3hand.jpg (49KB, 375x772px) Image search: [Google]
3hand.jpg
49KB, 375x772px
>>145423970
Most level headed post I've seen so far on this site

I agree, However the reason (nail in the coffin) for EOE's ending not in NGE was because of the hospital scene. Anno wanted it in the Show; but the producers basically said "Hell No"

(Its important, its Shinji's lowest point in the whole franchise)
>>
The third rebuild movie was decent, I thought. But everyone was a dick to shinji :(

And how heart wrenching was Rei not getting her dinner party? She poured her little heart into that, it's the only time she asked for everytging and she gets lolnoped ten seconds before and then dies or becomes a goddess or something before she can reschedule
>>
>>145429302
Anything* not whatever that everytng garbage was
>>
File: kimochi_warui.png (3MB, 504x3855px) Image search: [Google]
kimochi_warui.png
3MB, 504x3855px
>>145378642
It's fine as it is.

I love it because of scene like this.
Also, Asuka is my favorite character because of this.
>>
So, Evangelion 64?
>>
>>145396515
what the fuck is this from? I cant find anything on reverse google image search
>>
>>145433025
Old Evangelion Doujin.
I cant remember the name, its in one of the anthology comics.

http://g.e-hentai.org/?f_doujinshi=0&f_manga=0&f_artistcg=0&f_gamecg=0&f_western=0&f_non-h=0&f_imageset=0&f_cosplay=0&f_asianporn=0&f_misc=0&f_search=evangelion+anthology+&f_apply=Apply+Filter
>>
File: 14101316919340.jpg (16KB, 1278x710px) Image search: [Google]
14101316919340.jpg
16KB, 1278x710px
>>145423970
It is an interesting point of view. Thank you.
>>
>>145433302
People like Retake, I like Paradise lost.
http://g.e-hentai.org/g/23081/64505f9ce7/
>>
File: angelic_impact_05_114.jpg (224KB, 889x1223px) Image search: [Google]
angelic_impact_05_114.jpg
224KB, 889x1223px
>>145433025
>>
>>145433302
>>145433025
Is it from the Dark Horse tribute? If so, there's not a torrent out there for it, so you might be fucked.
>>
>>145433391
Do they have more?
I cant find the other ones.
>>
>>145434253
there's a torrent for Tony Takezaki's Neon Genesis Evangelion parody on bakabt.
>>
>>145434253
in english?
>>
>>145435549
Seems like there are close to no translated doujinshi for NGE, at least as far as parody goes
>>
File: eva ded.jpg (481KB, 1012x2320px) Image search: [Google]
eva ded.jpg
481KB, 1012x2320px
I like to pretend Rebuild was some kind of fucked up post-EoE eternal recurrence ala Nietzsche. I also like to pretend 3.0 never happened.

Kill me.
>>
>>145435670
No one cares for the older Doujin.

Pitty, some are better than newer stuff. Funnier too.
>>
>>145378642
Remove Asuka.
>>
http://www.xvideos.com/video10333156/17_evangelion_super_porno_hentai

A classic
>>
>>145378642
>Misato marrying Gendo
>Liking Auska
Are you fucking four
>>
>>145433386
>this image
fucking saved. will use as subliminal message for future kids before forcing them to watch NGE + EoE
>>
>>145428178
Yes, she sounds mentally ill.
>>
>>145428178
it was all good until
>has less than 5 friends

i have literally 1 friend. i made that friend just days ago. before that i had 0 friends
>>
>>145428412
no it will never happen.
To make a long story short I met the voice actress of the english dub of Asuka and asked her that question at a con in Bellingham. Mostly due to licensing issues and Anno leaving Gainax.
>>
Explain Evangelion to me.
>>
>>145430645
Same.
>>
Wow, the Kaworufag had a complete mental breakdown:

>>145438474
>>
>>145442053
Kaworufag autist ITT confirmed for

>no education
>no job
>NEET
>leeching off parents
>spends allowance on worthless plastic housefill
>friendless (lol "internet friends")
>fujoshit

Because literally what other type of person would actually be such a raging kaworufag autist?
>>
File: Rei a shit.png (150KB, 360x274px) Image search: [Google]
Rei a shit.png
150KB, 360x274px
>>145438693
>>145439042
>it's a butthurt toiletlover

Asuka is the best character, Rei is pure shit
>>
File: whip it good.jpg (48KB, 551x566px) Image search: [Google]
whip it good.jpg
48KB, 551x566px
>>145378642
Remove toiletbab.
>>
>>145442382
Should Asuka beat up Rei in 4.0? I think she should.
>>
>>145442311
>>145442382
>>145442425

Now we've got the Asukafag autist AND a Kaworufag autist in the same thread.
>>
>>145442449
Says the buttmad toiletmuncher.
>>
I don't know how you people even choose between them. They are both equally good in their own ways.
>>
I didn't really get Evangelion.

then i again I have autism, so there's that.
>>
>>145440593
Who has the rights: Anno or Gainax?
>>
>>145445570
>>145446116
Gainax (the company that originally aired/owned Evangelion) ceded the rights to the original series and the rebuilds to Studio Khara (Hideaki Anno's new studio). This cession opened the door for Khara to re-release Evangelion on Blu-ray. In terms of English/Region 1 rights holders, no one currently has the rights, but I'd assume that Funimation (who licensed the 3 rebuilds) will take it up at some point.
>>
>>145446186
So that's why no English BluRays?
>>
>>145442193
So, your typical anon just with a vagina?
>>
>>145423970
Wew. An autist from ene. I have never expected to see one here.
Thread posts: 467
Thread images: 144

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.