[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>manga/anime setting is in the middle ages (1500 AD/CE or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

File: confused anime girl (3).jpg (89KB, 620x579px) Image search: [Google]
confused anime girl (3).jpg
89KB, 620x579px
>manga/anime setting is in the middle ages (1500 AD/CE or whatever, very long ago)
>"magic" is used to give the people all modern conveniences like TV, electricity, cars, cellphones, etc

What's the fucking point of setting your story in the past if you're just going to have all the good parts about the future put in there? Why not just set it in the early 2000s or something?
>>
>>145353696
Fight scenes with swords and magic against fantasy monsters I guess. It's still stupid.
>>
To cater to people who want to live in the past but don't want to give up the comfort they have now. Basically everyone who ever says "I wish I was born in the knights era" or some stupid shit like that
>>
>>145354145
I wish I'd died when dinosaurs still had scales and not feathers, goddamn that shit looks retarded.
>>
File: vulture.jpg (224KB, 1430x958px) Image search: [Google]
vulture.jpg
224KB, 1430x958px
>>145354196
you say that until a hungry flock of these strips you to the bones
>>
File: 1470137965523.jpg (39KB, 575x807px) Image search: [Google]
1470137965523.jpg
39KB, 575x807px
>>145354260
>bearded vultures
Stop anon. I didn't want to gaze into hell today.
>>
>>145353696
Princesses, knights, and dragons, man.
>>
No blacks
>>
>>145353951
Usually those kind of shows have archers or whatever with weapons that are essentially firearms. Or they just have people using magic wands or whatever to shoot little laser beams like it's Star Wars.

>>145354145
I guess so, it just seems so uninspired. They could work around the setting and just go without constant phone calls and magic lights and horseless carriages powered by magic but it's like they don't even try.
>>
>>145354700
fucking this

/thread
>>
>>145354700
>>145354878
Are there really a lot of black people in modern anime/manga? I've never seen more than a handful at a time.
>>
>>145355269
No.
Unless normal looking characters in different shads of brown count.
>>
>>145353696
name some shows with this autistic setting pls
>>
File: image.gif (925KB, 400x224px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
925KB, 400x224px
>>145353696
>OP doesn't know
>>
>>145353696
you seem to be confusing medival-period inspired fantasy settings with actual medieval settings.

Everyone loves castles, temples, honorable knights and all that jazz.
>>
>>145353696
>brooms
We can build jetpacks. We just don't use them because they're horrendously dangerous to operate.

>telepathy
Smartphones

>potions
Chemistry and pharmaceuticals and can do some pretty amazing things, especially once you throw safety out of the window. A bottle of chlorine trifluoride would kill a minotaur just as fine as sucy did.

>swords of legend
>even sauced up to excaliblast level
tactical nukes. gg.

You see, magic in modern settings has pretty tough competition. In a medieval setting on the other hand its utility is comparable absolutely justifies the flashiness of intricate glowing rune circles.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.