[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>people unironically think she is bad as goku How? She

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: Masako-Nozawa-2-Custom.jpg (22KB, 490x369px) Image search: [Google]
Masako-Nozawa-2-Custom.jpg
22KB, 490x369px
>people unironically think she is bad as goku

How? She is fucking great.
>>
She literally doesn't do anything to mask the fact that she's an old woman with her voice and just goes with it. It's incredibly jarring, especially when the others in the cast have voices more appropriate.

Some people might find an appeal in that but it's easy to see why it could turn people off
>>
>>145338543
>>145338735
Why does he sound like a little kid as an adult? What was the logic?
>>
>>145338543
>unironically

No I objectively think sounds like nails on a chalkboard as Goku.

Don't get me wrong I respect the fact she's been doing this for decades.
>>
>>145338543
They grew up with the Funimation dub or got introduced to Dragon Ball with the Abridged version.

The worse case i've seen of this is that someone said the Japanese voice cast is the worst and the Abridged version is the best
>>
Because they watched the english dub first.
>>
People who think Goku is Superman
>>
>>145338543
I prefer the dubs of classic as a whole
Especially Bulma
>>
>>145338543
She is the only voice I recognize as Goku.
>>
>>145338543
I used to think so too, but after 50 episodes of Super, I've come to realise how wrong I was. I can't go back to dub Goku.
>>
Dragon Ball is just bad. It was a parody from the start and should've never tried to be serious.
>>
I don't think she's a good fit as Gohan, but as Goku she's perfect.

Her voice is really good for Goku's "idiot manchild fighter" personality.
>>
You have to get used to the voice, but after that she is pretty good.
Dub goku does sound more badass, but I don't think it fits him.
>>
>>145343762
I'm dreading Sean's Black Goku voice
>>
>>145338543
I started like her more as goku.
>>
>>145338982
Goku is a manchild.
>>
File: gendouw.png (175KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
gendouw.png
175KB, 500x375px
>voices almost every single male person in Goku's family
>>
>>145338543
She was great 50 years ago but not so much anymore.
>>
English Goku doesn't sound like an old lady. I have a hard time believing that some brolic, alien ape demigod sounds like a menopausal woman.
>>
>>145338543
Dragonball is a franchise that holds up completely on nostalgia googles alone. It only makes sense to cast the old voice actor, even if they are old and no longer appropriate.
>>
>>145338543

For a woman in her late 70's I thought her voice acting has been remarkably on point so far in Super, particularly as Black. She could probably run a clinic around a lot of current generation female seiyuu given the chance.
>>
>>145343315

You mean of Journey To The West?
>>
Her voice doesn't fits a muscled dude at all, her voice may be good for kid Goku but once he's an adult it just doens't fits.
Maybe if I were to grow up with the jap voices I wouldn't care but coming from the english dub it doesn't feels right.
>>
>>145346730
english dub> jap
>>
>>145339537
>>145339458
I grew up with the Funi dub and I'll admit at first I was iffy about the idea of Goku's Jap Voice but it's really grown on me over the past few years. I can't imagine anyone else as Goku anymore.
>>
>>trying to convince sub purists
i know, it's impossible. what really kills me is how shitty some subs and even the original VA is. For example, Stien's;Gate simply doesn't translate into English, it's half Japanese meme speak. So these purists watch subs of a show (stien's;gate for example) which has dialogue which simply can't be translated coherently into English. So they're already watching something that's been localized (yep, the purists hate localization as well for some reason, as if half of the shit said in most anime could translate word for word into English anyway)

I'm using stien's;gate for my example for one big reason. The English dub got a god tier cast, and a MASSIVE rewriting to make it coherent to an English audience. It is a fucking masterpiece on the level of the Japanese version. It's different enough it's worth a watch. Personally i found the English dub version was just as well voice acted and better done overall then the Japanese version, and if you relied on the subs for the Japanese version there was ZERO reason to not think the dub version wasn't superior. (yes, i know the VA for Okabe had a different take on the character, going for more of a snob angle, but i think it worked better with the rework of the script, then it would have been had they gone for a more "zanny" character like the Japanese VA went with, personally i think it made Okabe a lot better).

Of course the sub nazis will never admit any of this. Of course i don't need to listen to them because i am fluent in japanese, so i know how bad 95% of subs are (the subs for stein's;gate were tragic). Heck, bakemonogatari didn't even get a good, coherent sub until 6 or 8 months after the show finished airing, when one of the groups subbed the blueray. And anyone who's remotely objective would admit the English cast for FMA was better then the Japanese cast.
>>
>>145348470
Or you know, people have opinions that differs from yours.
>>
>>145338543
Dragonball is probably the only show that I just can't watch in Japanese due to growing up on the dub. I tried to watch the original but the voices and the music just sound wrong
>>
>>145345652
Shigeru Chiba voices Raditz.
>>
I grew up on the dub but these days I prefer to watch it subtitled. The Cell Saga in particular is a lot better since Wakamoto Cell is a lot easier on the ears.
>>
>>145348899
>what does "almost" mean
>>
>>145345607
so? unless he is a eunich, he'd still sound like a man.

Sean does a serious Goku voice at times, but he can do Goku when he's bouncing around acting like a goofy dumb child too. It works a lot better than an old woman trying to be a believable voice for an adult man.
>>
>>145342368
Same here; her voice is so much more fitting for Goku's character than that generic super hero voice.
>>
>>145338543
Most jap dubs suck anyway. Too scandalous.
>>
File: all that shit.jpg (80KB, 643x820px) Image search: [Google]
all that shit.jpg
80KB, 643x820px
>>145348470
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.