[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fire Punch Manga

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: fire punch.jpg (171KB, 728x1142px) Image search: [Google]
fire punch.jpg
171KB, 728x1142px
/a/, I've been reading this since the start and it's just getting more fucked by the chapter.

Someone explain this thing to me. It's incredibly meta and indirectly fourth-wall breaking without addressing the reader. And then it's also a dystopian story about the human condition, suffering and endless violence.

Help me out, please.

http://www.mangareader.net/fire-punch
>>
>>145332033
It's pretty much garbage. But the art's not bad desu.
>>
>>145332059
>It's pretty much garbage.

I'm not very smart so I haven't quite figured it out yet. But what makes you say so?
>>
Last chapter was hard for me to read

I cant handle stuff like that
>>
>>145332101
Because the story is absolutely all over the place without any sense of seriousness. You don't really care about anyone, because the mangaka surely doesn't, so their characterisation suffers and everything feels like a giant meme. He needs a proper editor or a author to help him out.
>>
>>145332279
You can't tell me the writing isn't great though. The dialogue is out of this world. Especially the director's recent explanation of the working's of everything, and the emphasis on the fact that this is a revenge story. It feels pretty in your face.

>>145332213
Yeah, that was what broke my mind too. It felt like that one scene from Seven, where the Sloth murder was revealed. But this time on a grand scale, and much much longer.
>>
>>145332429
>You can't tell me the writing isn't great though.
Seeing how the story evolved, yes. It's garbage writing. Just because some of the dialog appeals to you, it doesn't make the entire plot good.
>>
I remember when the first chapter got released everyone liked it but as it went on people dropped it for being too edgy or whatever.

I still find it good and last chapter was pretty great
>>
>>145332470
But the plot wasn't intended to be three dimensional. The characters, most notably the director, literally point out that the story is a one-dimensional, straight storyline.

It seems more like this manga is trying to reflect the simple plot right back into the universe it created and see what comes out of it. And so far, batshit insanity.

>>145332564
Same desu.The last chapter felt like commentary.
>>
>>145332921
Nah, man. It's like the author saying
>I-I was only pretending! It's meant to be shit!
>>
>>145332971
But you saying it's shit doesn't make it shit. It's just simplistic and focuses on meaning rather than context.

I feel like it's trying something new.

It's also only 15 chapters in and the concept still has promise.
>>
>>145332033
It fucking fell on its face out of the gates. I was looking forward to a revenge story and we've got this wacky nonsense with 'the director'. Really went and pissed in my corn flakes with that one. Really feels like the author has no idea what he's doing
>>
File: 56654636_p0.png (274KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
56654636_p0.png
274KB, 600x600px
>>145332033
See it as a statement against cliche revenge plots or as simple, somewhat twisted comedy. I think it's hilarious, I love it.

I hope director-chan will save San to use him as a personal battery herself.
>>
This mango is like an angry girlfriend who lets you fuck her just when you're about to leave her.
>>
Another manga that fell victim to the entire "subversions are the best thing ever" cliche. It feels like all new manga are trying to subvert your expectations, leading me to feel like if you subvert the subvertion and play it straight instead, it'd be a better manga. Looking at you Goblin Slayer and all the other series falling victim to the same thing.
>>
Why didn't he bury himself in the snow or find a pond to jump into?

He was on fire for 5 years, man
>>
>>145332033
first it was edgy, then it was a meme out of necessity, otherwise it'd be shit. Right now it's meh.
>>
>>145335789
Because the fire is magic and will keep burning until he dies.
Fucking speedreaders.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.