[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

'''91 Days''': first impressions?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 6

File: Fucking useless chink animators.png (103KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Fucking useless chink animators.png
103KB, 600x600px
'''91 Days''': first impressions?
>>
The Vanetti must die.
>>
>>145329009
I'm really liking it. I want the mysteries to be answered and I hope the payoff is big
>>
>>145329009
more like 30 days because I dropped it before it had even been airing for a month
>>
More like 91 gays.
>>
its alright so far.
>>
>>145329065
I don't really feel like there is a whole lot to be answered though. It seems like this anime is two things:

>"You killed my father now I'm gonna kill you"

>European appeal that Nips have a fetish of
>>
>>145329009
It's mediocre but more interesting than shiny trash like Zestiria. Aside from the intro I like the music.
>>
*tips fedora* the anime
>>
>>145329009
I hope his little brother dies a long and painful death.
>>
>>145329212

I hope they dont pull a "You misremembered everything cuz traumatic childhood memories, so the three of us were never in your house"
>>
>>145329307
I bet my top dollarydoos they'll pull some bullshit twist just to sprinkle shit on top.
>>
>>145329307
I would laugh if that happened and the mc's best friend is killed.
>>
It's not the typical seasonal derivative garbage so it's well above everything else currently airing but it isn't very engaging or that well executed.
>>
>>145329488
>screenshots this post for later reference
>>
Animation is poor but it's honestly pretty enjoyable. Good cast and interesting plot direction.
>>
>>145329055
Gotta be honest, couldn't keep up with who the fuck is who 2 episodes in.
>>
File: 91 Fedoras.png (118KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
91 Fedoras.png
118KB, 600x600px
>>145329274
>>
Most likely AoTS.
>>
Fango is Luce

How much of a shitstorm would this twist bring?
>>
>>145329009
Masterpiece. AOTS
>>
>>145329009
My AOTS. Nero best boy. Fango's slut best girl.
>>
It's nothing amazing, and the animation is pretty bad. I was also really disappointed with the opening, the song is so good but the visuals are awful. They should have just done something simple, maybe even a bit abstract and let the song do it's thing. The wedding scene looks especially off.

But still, I somehow really like the show so far. It's interesting enough and has a different feel to it than anything else this year. I enjoy it, looking forward to seeing where it'll go.
>>
Need more character animation and movement.
>>
>>145329009
millennials hate this show because they will never understand the appeal of 70s action shows
>>
I like it.
>>
>>145329129
This. Only reason to watch really.
The irony of the premise lies in the MC falling in love with the guy he's supposed to kill after all.
>>
>>145331178

Well that would at least be interesting. Too bad the show is probably just going to continue along the same tracks as so far, without really going anywhere. It'll probably just end with the MC getting his revenge and that's that, an underwhelming ending is likely.
>>
>>145331370
>It'll probably just end with the MC getting his revenge and that's that, an underwhelming ending is likely
Nah, the MC is set up to give up on his revenge along the way. That's the only reason why the anime spends time on all these road trips. So he and Nero can bond and make it make sense.
Should the Frate is actually the little brother theory turn out to be true the it's even more likely.
>>
>>145329009
It's the seasons non anime anime.
Like most of them it's pretty damn crap.
>>
>>145331607
Found the moebuta.
>>
>>
>>145331607
It's pretty decent though unlike joker game.
>>
File: 1241.jpg (89KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1241.jpg
89KB, 1280x720px
Better than I expected.

It's trying its best to keep the mafia theme going so I'm enjoying it but I just have this little feeling he won't kill Nero because he spent so much time with him or some corny shit like that.

I hope I'm wrong and he gets revenge on everyone but I can't see it being that simple.
>>
>>145329307
No way that's happening since Tesla made the same scar that's visible on don, don telling Nero to check the closet and Vanno doing his catholic prayer to the dead.

But if it did I would lose my fucking shit and drop it so hard
>>
I'm really enjoying it. It's not exactly as cinematic or realistic as I was expecting but I really like the settings and the conflict between the gangs. I'm interested to see what's going to happen.
>>
I like it so far, expected more edge but instead was pleasantly surprised.
>>
File: saliveswapping.jpg (551KB, 1000x2804px) Image search: [Google]
saliveswapping.jpg
551KB, 1000x2804px
>>
So who's the fourth guy? I'm betting Glasses.
>>
>>145329009
I'm still watching it, but I think I'm only watching it for the novelty of the setting. The story feels really generic, seems like a totally typical revenge plot. Probably the most disappointing thing is how skin-deep the setting is. These are still just stereotypical anime characters, but now they're wearing hats. If you take away the hats they may as well be in contemporary Japan. I was really hoping we'd see some distinct characterization with American mobsters, but no. And don't even get me started on the villain. How about something closer to No Country for Old Men for the villain? Or even Joe Pesci in Goodfellas? Something that would be even a little bit fitting in a mob story. But no, we get the mad jester Kefka archetype, as per usual.

The setting is just a gimmick backdrop to a cookie-cutter anime. It's a damn shame. I like the cars though. 6/10
>>
>>145331108
>91 Days
>"""""""""action"""""""""
>>
>>145334356
>Fango
>villain
Did you watch the latest episode? Fango is a bro now, the actual villain is Nero's fuccboi brother and the brother in law.
>>
>>145334452
Honestly I'm hardly paying attention at this point.
>>
Joker Game last season, 91 Days this season, Gangsta last year, ...

Really, what is up with these boring "seinen" that never satisfy?
>>
>>145334356
Yeah they should have seen classic mafia movies before writing the script.
Heck some blatant rip off would've been better than spoutful anime rough guy archetypes.
>>
>>145329009
God-tier ED.

>>145331108
It's more of a 70s gangster drama, but yeah.
>>
>>145334545
This one is a bit better though.
>>
The first episode was fantastic but there hasn't been a good episode since.
>>
>>145334545
Gangsta is the shittiest of these three. The bland european setting in particular got on my nerves. It had no identity, no atmosphere. Being a made up city isn't an excuse. At least Joker Game got all his settings perfectly, and 91 days is trying. Though I can't shake the feeling the backgrounds are made of papier maché. It's not raw enough for my tastes.
>>
>>145335351
Yeah, what the fuck was Gangsta's setting meant to be anyway? It reminded me of Rush Valley in FMA:B or that fucking desert town in Pokemon Colosseum.
>>
It's alright.
>>
>>145335741
I'm not sure, but it was shit and underdevelopped considering the main focus of this series was the town's life.
>>
>>145331002
>the song is so good
The song really is surprisingly not shit.
>>
>>145331591
>Should the Frate is actually the little brother theory turn out to be true the it's even more likely.
Impossible due to the timeline established in ep 4.

More likely Frate is there to set up some themes down the line.
If some mafia guys kill him, Nero and Avilio have something in common.
If Avilio kills him, he's taken an eye for an eye.

Or maybe he's just there to contrast Angelo's angelic time capsule family and Nero's living family of back stabbing assholes.
>>
Dropped this show after the flying, dual-wielding machete mexican took 50 bullets to kill. Has it gotten less retarded yet?
>>
>>145334856
So it was a good idea to stop watching this after the first episode? Great.
>>
>>145334356
The characters and the story may not be true to the mobster stories that you know and love so much, but they're still more interesting than generic harem MC who's only personality trait is being dumb as fuck.
>>
>>145339618
That shit was pretty funny fampai.
>>
Man, I sort of dig everything about 91 Days, except for some of the designs.

Like, okay, this is anime, a little fuckboyish designs is understandable, in fact, I like how all characters look except for Fango and Mexican. They just stand out so much and not in a good way, it's like watching battle shonen characters in seinen.
>>
Was it mentioned when the whole thing is set? They're driving old cars if this guy's reading a '92 poem
>>
>>145341826
Eliot's 'The Waste Land' was published in 1922
>>
>>145342022
>1992
>_92_
It fits.
>>
>>145342022
>1922
my bad
>>
>>145341826
>>
>>145341826
It's written on the grave
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.