[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why can't they just shoot him?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 9

File: ms.jpg (66KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ms.jpg
66KB, 1280x720px
Why can't they just shoot him?
>>
the system wants his brain
>>
shitty villain sue author self insert.
>>
>>145324861
They do. I mean, Kogami does. Also, Ginodad dies, Gino goes hue-hue, Kogami runs away, Akane becomes Kougami, S2 is bad, and so is the movie.
>>
>>145325173
the movie was not that bad. kung fu akane was pretty cool.
>>
>>145325235
Well, not nearly as bad as S2, but pretty shallow and irrelevant, all things considered.
>>
>>145324861
N O T H I N G W R O N G
>>
>>145325317
rip servant-san
>>
How can Psycho-Pass be a good show yet still not memorable in the slightest? I enjoyed it but I can't remember anything about it besides a chinese hacker and brain jars.
>>
File: hyperbiba2.jpg (395KB, 1918x782px) Image search: [Google]
hyperbiba2.jpg
395KB, 1918x782px
Because he has a radiant smile and a heart of cold steel.
>>
>>145325765
I remember the Dad, the Lesbian, and the Sherlock. Everything else was kind of a worse Ghost in the Shell.
>>
>>145325097
You are literally a fucking idiot if you actually think that. The idea of a self-insert is a character that is blank and you can believe is you. This seems hard to be the case when you barely even see Makishima for the first 13 episodes.

There are multiple reasons that Makishima couldn't be shot and it is rather embarrassing you can't figure this out on your own. Makishima's inability to be measured threatens to ruin the illusion of the Sibyl System's absolute perfection. To function people must learn to surrender all free thought to the system. The Dominator's are the ultimate symbol of the system's control and mandatory trust. To have the police use guns would be the ultimate statement of the system's failure. This would put so many people at risk. If the idea of the system's weakness spread this could threaten everything. It's why the helmets almost caused the entire society to fall apart. Also the system wanted Makishima to be used in their perfect system. This speaks to the core ideas of Psycho-Pass. The system never was threatened and it was unable to comprehend that Makishima could cause so much damage without showing the system's flaws. To put it simply the Sibyl System is like a glorious glass sculpture, which means that to behold it is to reveal a glorious wonder that all can observe but one crack and one mistake is all that's needed for everything to come crumbling down.

>>145325765
>>145326137
Honestly I can't understand people like you literally ever mini villain was extremely philosophical and brought forth an extreme amount of themes. All of these themes linked together in such beautiful ways. Let's not forget how Makshima is one of the most layered characters of all time. There are so many parts of him like he didn't actually get bored of his henchmen and betray them he actually wanted somebody that he could stand with against the Sibyl System but they all ended up failing him in some ways.

Part 1
>>
>>145324861
Because he's a true hero of the story.
>>
File: 1392710074459.jpg (57KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1392710074459.jpg
57KB, 1280x720px
>>145326278
>>
>>145325317
The movie was not shallow and in fact was an interesting adaptation and progression from the original series. One of the many themes of Psycho-Pass was to put forward the ideas of happiness vs control in a chracter and puts it on a larger scale. With the smaller nation being subject to Japan's power. At what level should the Sibyl System take in taking control over the weaker nation. One of the answers was that the stronger nation was that it should help the weaker nation but Japan should let the weaker nation choose this option because although Japan would end up taking control in the end the act of the weaker nation deciding to receive help imparts the idea of the weaker nation acknowledging it needs the help and the support of Japan is something that it can accept and push for.
I could go on for hours about the incredible depth of Psycho-Pass, but I figured most of this analysis on my own and if you faggots can't understand these most basic of ideas then you don't deserve to have a truly in depth conversation.
>>
please go on
>>
>>145326438

Who? Who do you want to go on?
>>
>>145326411
i was baiting for people to post about shion so please go on
>>
>>145326521
you
>>
File: Shogo_about_to_kill_yuki.jpg (76KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Shogo_about_to_kill_yuki.jpg
76KB, 1280x720px
>killed the second worst girl after Akane
Makishima did LITERALLY nothing wrong.
>>
>>145326559

What do you want to know? I've a few good stories from my 22 years of life on this planet.
>>
File: 1469725747960.jpg (184KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1469725747960.jpg
184KB, 1280x720px
>>145326278
>>145326411
>you don't deserve to have a truly in depth conversation.
wew

Are you ok m8?
>>
>>145326411
>>145326278

Forum arc:
Humans naturally want to fit in and adapt to others based off of expectations and this leads to lack of individuality, identity, and true purpose. The popular forum users were examples of a constant shift of their changing to expectations and this in turn affected the fan’s thought leading to a circle society.
This is shown with how after being replaced by a fan the popular forum leaders would become more popular because they were idolized by what people knew them as and what they wanted. The fan acted as such a great replacement because he understood what the masses desired.

People find things that help reaffirm their selves and make them feel happy even if it is nothing more than an empty symbol.
The villain expresses this trait by taking solace in the holograms even though their controllers were long dead. He also says that they were set free from their physical counterparts as in he considers their façade self to be a full and true human.

The villain praises the popular forum owners as true humans and gave them his purpose when they were also puppets of others like him

Because he valued the holograms as real people he thought that by studying others he could become his own person but if ulterior forces only influence his perception he is a puppet like the holograms, which is shown by how he is torn apart when the holograms lose their original personality when taken over.

People want to be together like one group and the society shows this with the Sibyl System and the forums as simply being the next step
I might as well drop some of my un-proofread analysis.
>>
>>145326820
>>145326411
>>145326278
The main theme of pyscho pass is the moral dilemma between using a Sibil System and a totalitarian government vs disregarding them for a weaker government that at first seems like a worse choice but this older style world has important

The importance of a façade and acceptance is a common theme.

The importance of understanding and the necessity of not accepting is also a theme.

Akane’s psycho-pass is always clear because of her naivety, which is often regarded as a burden by the enforcers. This is to show how the Sibil System can actually be a weakness to an individual.
These are the most basic of themes in Psycho-Pass.
>>
>>145326931
The dilemma is between "the greatest happiness for the greatest number of people" as they repeated in the show, and the inefficient, yet - under ideal circumstances - superior, evidence-based justice of the modern system.
>>
>>145327053
How is it possible to miss the point this much.
>>
>>145327082
Because I only watched it once, and I specifically recall Akane agonizing over how they're going to have to revive the old court system to charge Makishima since he's criminally asymptomatic, before she finds out the brains' plan.
>>
>>145327158
That was a very very small part of the show. There were much more important and grand themes. The show makes an effort to ground itself in reality so don't think of the dilemmas being that far off. The show had a shit ton of social commentary.
>>
>>145326820
>>145326411
>>145326278
You make it sound so amazing. Too bad that the show is boring was boring as fuck.
The concept is really interesting but the character design was so boring and cliche'd, as well as the philosophical and artistic references, which were too in the nose, like if the show were saying "SEE? I CAN BE DEEP".
I dropped it very early I guess. Too bad I deleted it from my hard drive weeks ago, now I'd like to watch it.
>>
>>145327508
The show's quality heavily picks up from the first few episodes, but even then I loved the first few episodes due the excessive amounts of subtle meaning. From the first episodes you saw how the system literally changed the core of how a human thought. When the show references philosophers it isn't trying to be deep but in fact two things are going on
1. The quotes are actually extremely relevant to the story's main themes because each villain represented a philosophical question. Also that's just who the character's are.
2. The reference of philosophers are trying to connect the world in our reality. This is to make the social commentary and dilemmas seem extremely pertinent.
Also Psycho-Pass is my second favorite anime ever.
>>
>>145324861
>mfw completely forgot about psycho pass, enjoyed it very much but forgot there was also an 'extended cut' from it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wt5nDbXOunA

well shit, thanks nippon
>>
>>145326073
KISAMA
>>
>>145327508
The Cliche character designs are actually good because the characters need to be extremely believable. We can' have any Goku hair can we?
>>
>>145327508
There's a redone S1 with 12 eps 41 mins each
watch that
>>
>>145327811
>Biggest fucking Psycho-Pass fan ever.
>Not available in you country
motherfucker.
>>
>>145327846
I don't think you understand what cliche means.
>>
>>145327944
I do. I don't necessarily believe that the character designs were cliche so I just assumed HE didn't understand what cliche meant.
>>
>>145327811
Get the Canzah BD batch of it, top quality.
>>
>>145327811
I've watched the first season twice and half of the second season, I'm also thinking of watching the extended cut of the first season as well.
Plus I'm going to buy that VN that's coming out soon.

I don't even know why I like this show so much.
>>
>>145324861
Dominator won't shoot people with low psycho pass.
>>
>>145328012
You like this show because it is a masterpiece of brilliant writing.
>>
>>145328012
You have immense shit taste
>>
>>145327707
Jesus.

Just go read 1984 or something and realize how low tier this is.
>>
>>145328069
>>145328070
I'm getting mixed messages here.

It's not a masterpiece.
I'm allowed to have shit taste.
Screw you all, Akane is best girl.
>>
>>145324861
Isn't that what Kogami literally does?

Also, that sentence doesn't seem right.
>>
>>145328092
I read 1984. I've read pretty much all of the classic. I love sci-fi literature with interesting worlds.
>>
>>145328012
>I don't even know why I like this show so much.
Maybe it reminds you of GITS?

Also, details on the VN?

>>145327923
Sorry deutschland.
>>
>>145328171
Would you agree if I said that we live in a world that's a mixture of 1984 and brave new world?
>>
what was makishima's stance on Foucault again?
>>145328370
its a shame this world is more on the 84 side
>>
>>145328341
Psycho Pass Mandatory Happiness.

Supposed to be set sometime around the first season and feature a new villain called Alpha.
Alpha apparently wants to make everyone happy, through obviously not very legal means.

I'm not 100% on the time it's set in, but it features the main cast from Season 1.
>>
>>145328370
I'd say we live in a mixture of the two worlds, but on a much less extreme level. The authors wrote those books as a warning so obviously you would expect there to be something in this world that gives warning.
>>
Yayoi origins:
In a world of perfection ideas stagnate as people make assumptions of what is right and wrong, which limits the creativity and growth of a society. This also influences a form of discrimination. This is shown in the verified art as some people automatically make assumptions from the higher power’s decree.

The show also states that a human will adapt and accept their surrounding. This idea is thrown on its head because this was usually thought of as humans adapting to a positive environment but is also showed rehab patients becoming accustomed to being a latent criminal as they are forever repressed and they accept their empty lives, which ruins their chances of becoming a functioning member of society.

The previously mentioned idea is then used to create the idea of acceptance to the system in that the only way to join society as a whole is to openly embrace the system and join the repressors. This is interesting, as it never really explained if this is good or bad. On one hand it may seem like the system is unstoppable so you just have to accept the pros of the Sibil System and help it. But it can also be interpreted as you losing yourself and contributing to other people losing themselves.

The art arc is referenced with people wanting to resist control because they are unable to form expression and therefore resist it the controllers.

The concept of influence is also touched upon. Yayoi is shown as a healthy person with verification to create art but when affiliating with the less respected unverified music her hue does change as member of the system had warned. Also when she was met with the enforcers and inspectors Yayoi decided to go the path of control as she learned to accept the system. Yayoi taking the shot was the ultimate symbol of her surrendering to the system.
This was some light analysis on the episode featuring Yayoi's back story.
>>
>>145328370
>1984

Maybe if you live in a third world.
>>
Ghost in the shell for fujoshits and autist who like to over analyze shitty writing.
>>
>>145328876
hahaha
open your eyes sheep
don't think your country is safe
>>
>>145327978
Well, you should assume less then.
>>
>>145328421
I see, thanks anon, looking forrward to it
>>
File: big_brother_f.jpg (40KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
big_brother_f.jpg
40KB, 375x500px
>>145328876
How someone can be so alienated to actually think that?
Look, this was an actual ad in England. Not distopian at all.
>>
>>145329030
>>145329408
lol

I guess when you spend your time flying around the world, the life of peasants tends to seem like something you don't have to deal with, but here you go a case in point.

So how do you scum enjoy your life under 1984 regime, while the rest of the actual human race enjoy themselves and live a fulfilling life?
>>
File: 1458267500089.jpg (113KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1458267500089.jpg
113KB, 720x960px
>>145329520
I don't know what you're talking about. Maybe if you learn to read properly and notice that no one actually said that we live under a 1984 regime I could get what you mean.
Also let's keep this anime related, there's no need for us to shitpost like this.
>>
>>145324861
Normal guns are banned in psycho-pass you dumb fuck
>>
>>145329711
Are they really explicitly banned?
Anyone who would even think about acquiring a gun would be instantly taken in anyway.
>>
>>145329786
What if I want to shoot at cans just because I feel it's relaxing?
Flawed system. Spookie Boogie and her cyberanarchs were right.
>>
File: UK TV.jpg (316KB, 776x1024px) Image search: [Google]
UK TV.jpg
316KB, 776x1024px
>>145327707
>The reference of philosophers are trying to connect the world in our reality
See, I can dig that. But I still didn't like the use of it. I don't remember much about it but I remember the rolling in my eyes while thinking "pretentious". And, even when I'm a huge fan of every hipster pretentious bullshit there is, I couldn't find myself enjoying the use of quotes.
I think I'll give it another chance though, you seem very enthusiastic about it, that must mean something.
>>145329408
England doesn't even try to hide the fact that they're evil.
>>
>>145328092
Psycho-Pass is more "The Minority Report" than 1984.
>>
>>145326278
>>145326411
>so triggered you had to write an essay
>>
>>145324861
S3 when?
>>
>>145334937
S3 never.
What material would they have for it?
It's obvious Sibyl will never be destroyed.
>>
>>145335183
>chimplying
>>
>>145327508
I originally stopped watching it around the beginning of episode 2? I don't know why I stopped, but I just did. Went back 1-2 years later to watch it.

Never regretted it once. It was so good.
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.