[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | | Home]

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 9

>>
>>145309321
>>
File: OP irl.webm (2MB, 720x405px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
OP irl.webm
2MB, 720x405px
>>
>>145310268
lost
>>
Deserves every praise it gets and more, sequel will be an abomination.
>>
>>145312362
I can't help but feel the sequel can't be anything other than an abomination. Like even if it's fine as a standalone project it will always be irreparably tainted by the fact that it's the sequel to something that's nearly perfect and that never needed any sort of follow up at all
>>
File: flcl-haruko-helmet.png (364KB, 641x436px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
flcl-haruko-helmet.png
364KB, 641x436px
Haruko time
>>
>>
File: flcl-poster.jpg (48KB, 373x521px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
flcl-poster.jpg
48KB, 373x521px
>>
>>145312948
>Watermark
>>
>>145309321
>filename
Agreed
>>
File: luluco11.jpg (44KB, 640x357px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
luluco11.jpg
44KB, 640x357px
>>145309321
>overrated
Maybe, but the prequel was great
>>
>>145309321
Why it didn't need a new season it so much anime right now need a new season.
>>
on the other hand more people will know this series and appreciate the original with this "sequel shouldnt exist it was perfect" meme.
>>
>>145315551
>FLCL
>obscure
>>
>>145315551
>sequel shouldnt
It's called Space Patrol Luluco
>>
>>145315723
Honestly luluco is the closest we'll get to FLCL s2.
The same madness but with a meaningful message.
Too bad many looked it over for being like 5 min long per episode
>>
>>145312898
She was my least favorite character in the whole thing.
>>
File: file.png (207KB, 500x375px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
file.png
207KB, 500x375px
>>145310268
>gainax storyboarding FLCL.webm
>>
chris squire dies and this happens, kind of sad
>>
>>145309321
Not the best 'toon ever but definitely right place at the right time

Was never into toonami tho so
>>
>>145309321
FLCL is the closest anime has to a masterpiece actually.
>>
>>145309321
One day the production staff did a bit too much acid and this is what we get. Fucking druggies, those degenerates deserve the death sentence.
>>
>>145321251
But thats Eva
>>
>>145310268
Underrated
>>
should we have nuked Japan more than two times?
>>
>>145321583
Well fine, FLCL and End of Evangelion..

It literally makes my heart ache that late 90s era Gainax will never exist again.
>>
>>145323968
Yeah i like Trigger but the fall of Gainax after panty and stocking ended was just sad.
>>
The new season is going to suck so bad...
>>
I rewatched this just now. Brings new things into perspective. It's still shit though, but that's just my opinion.
>>
You gotta appreciate it as fun shit, no more. It's an animator's vacation, just do whatever you think is cool and I think if you can accept that, it's way easier to enjoy it. I didn't even think there was a story in there at first.

What's funny is that, for all the praise it gets in the west, nobody in Japan has heard of it. But, seeing as they finally found something that appeals to the west, this probably sparked season 2. I just hope they let loose again and not focus on the story too much.
>>
Honestly I had absolutely no hope for the new FLCL before I found out this info

Production I.G vice president and producer Maki Terashima-Furuta announced at the FLCL 2 panel at Anime Expo on Sunday that the first series' original character designer Yoshiyuki Sadamoto will return to design the characters for the sequel. Terashima-Furuta additionally announced at the panel that Japanese rock band The Pillows will also return from the first season to handle the music for the sequel, and Psycho-Pass anime and film's chief director Katsuyuki Motohiro will supervise the series.

>Pillows returning
>Hope rides again
>>
>>145327706
>Psycho Pass chief director
Oh fuck, now they'red going to turn it into pretentious garbage.
>>
>>145327706
They need Imashi for the action though and he's with Trigger now.
>>
>>145327801
You make a strong point.

If they can't emulate that Gainax combat it's going to be so flat.
>>
FLCL is the definitive anime for me. Call it overrated, but I feel like everything that anime is and should be, and everything I love about the medium, is present in those 6 episodes. It's still my favorite and it still holds up after all I've seen.
>>
>>145327888
Don't let anyone tell you different. It's not overrated. Does more in 6 episodes than other series do in 20+
>>
>>145327888
It's not overrated, at all.
>>
>>145326840
>this probably sparked season 2
considering it's funded by toonami?
i think there's a reaosnable chance
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.