[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

was ranma 1/2 good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: --.jpg (214KB, 1982x1486px) Image search: [Google]
--.jpg
214KB, 1982x1486px
was ranma 1/2 good?
>>
It's a hilarious comedy manga with great characters.

Ranma and Akane are actually pretty unconventional leads. Ranma especially, being a sort of sly, sneaky, snarky jerk with a good heart, with Akane being far from the stereotypical "It's not like I did it for you b-b-baka" tsundere. Their back and forth never fails to make me smile.

The longer story arcs are all great and pretty creative. And the side characters all prove hilarious in their own way.

The biggest flaws are a less then conclusive ending and Takahashi sticking too close to the status quo, so it was always two steps forward and one step back.

9/10
>>
File: b3af537d7c403fcf9568afcd4371c0c3.png (678KB, 800x1133px) Image search: [Google]
b3af537d7c403fcf9568afcd4371c0c3.png
678KB, 800x1133px
Also, the girls are 11/10.
>>
it's great to read in one go bit i imagine it was pretty boring if you read i along the releases considering it takes a lot of time for something to happnes
>>
It was average.
The jokes got repetitive.
>>
>>145276656
I heard the only good anime adaptation of Rumiko Takahashi manga is Urusei Yatsura. When it comes to the rest, switch to the manga. Is that true?
>>
>>145276656
>>145277779
Yes, it's too drawn out. You can safely skip the second half of it, maybe even the last 3/4th, until the final arc.
>>
>>145277852
The first season of Ranma 1/2 is good.

Skip the rest and go for the manga. It's far funnier. They dumb down the characters in the anime a bunch too.
>>
SJW bullshit pushing their trans agenda on us.
>>
>>145277890
>Skip the rest and go for the manga.
OVA and second movie is fine too
>>
>>145276656

It's alright, it's entertaining enough but it seriously suffers from shit going absolutely nowhere.
>>
>>145276656
yes but it created too many transexuals with it's strong influence
>>
>>145278109
The OVAs have their problems that irritate me though.

The Ryugenzawa one is pretty annoying since they change the way the arc starts in a way that makes the characters look worse. In the manga the arc starts with Akane successfully cooking food that tastes good, but nobody believes her. So when she gets a call asking for somebody from the Tendo Dojo to deal with monsters Ranma, Genma, and Soun think she left because they actually wronged her.

In comparison the OVA makes it sound like they all think Akane threw a tantrum because Ranma said one snarky comment to her.

The Tunnel of Lost Love just shoves all the extended cast in, making it unfocused when the manga version was just Ranma, Akane, Ryoga, and Ukyo.

And let's not even get into the stupidity of their original OVA.
>>
would a story with a similar premise to ranma work ? As a webcomic writer im genuinely curious because ranma is the only "mainstream" series that I can think of with a gender changing premise. I feel like authors might just be to scared to center a story around gender. Either because of the fetish or sjw connotations, but maybe im wrong and ranma only works because of its unique story
>>
>>145278413
The thing with Ranma 1/2 is that the gender swapping is exclusively used for gags. It's the ultimate crossdressing joke.
>>
>>145276656
>>145277779
You mean Ranma was 1/2 good.
>>
>>145278413
Just use google. As a "webcomic writer" you should know that there's been a shitload of webcomics about this exact same premise.
>>
>>145278446
so your saying a serious tone wouldn't work? that's strange to me because ranma has such a notable fanfiction community that has been active for like 20+ years writing mostly serious stories
>>
Even Inuyasha is better than this SJW pandering piece of shit
>>
>>145278801
Haha what kind of shitty bait is this?

https://jii.moe/41grJ6A_W.mp3
>>
>>145276656
It's a joke/harem series aimed at children. Not bad for what it is I guess, but not really worth watching or reading.
>>
good series

but remember that this series is a sit-com so don't expect anything to be resolved
>>
good for my dick
>>
>>145276656
Ah when the MC himself is best girl
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.