[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does /a/ hate Light but love Lelouch? Aren't they similar.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: lelouch_vs_light.jpg (543KB, 2500x844px) Image search: [Google]
lelouch_vs_light.jpg
543KB, 2500x844px
Why does /a/ hate Light but love Lelouch? Aren't they similar. Both believe the ends justify the means and both were ultimately making the world a better place. People say Light was an egomaniac and murdered innocents, but Lelouch was selfish for most of the series and got far, far more innocent people killed than Light died.

Isn't it hypocritical?
>>
>>145230919
*Light did
>>
>>145230919
>/a/ is one person
I love them both.
>>
>>145230919
>/a/ is a unique person

Light was an egomaniac to end, Lelouch could have ruled the world but chose to redirect all hatred towards him and sacrifice himself. I also think Lelouch is a bit smarter than Light.

Also, CG has mechas and more waifu material than DN.

I like both series and characters but I prefer Lelouch I guess.
>>
>>145230919
Leouch did everything for his sister.
>>
>>145231190
Suzaku Kururugi: Lelouch, what was your motivation for wanting to control the world?
Lelouch vi Britannia: Don't waste my time, Suzaku. You know it was for Nunnally—
Suzaku Kururugi: You're still using her as your excuse?
Lelouch vi Britannia: ...Yes, you're right. I am. I've fought to protect everything I thought I wanted to protect.
>>
Light only fights for his ideology whereas Lelouch also tries to protect the people close to him. It makes him a better character imo.
Also Light acts a bit too much like a angry teen sometimes
>>
>>145230919
Because Lelouch didn't disappoint and won in the end, while Light turned idiot halfway through and lost.
>>
>>145231442
>won in the end
Nice meme.
They guy could have made the world a better place but instead he got himself killed and now everybody will fight for the power.
Congratz
>>
>>145230919
>posting about "/a/" like its an individual or an organized group of like-minded people
>claiming they hate one character but not the other
>does so on /a/
>that makes you "/a/"

You're right, that is hypocritical of you. Now fuck off.
>>
>>145230919
Lelouch achieved his goal, showed sign of doubt and humanity, and willingfully paid for his crimes.
Light was just a little bitch.
>>
>>145231429
>acts like
>>
>>145231081
>chose to redirect all hatred towards him and sacrifice himself
So stupid. Why didn't he just rule the world?
>>
>>145231486
>got himself killed
this meme again...
>>
>>145230919
>Why does /a/ hate Light but love Lelouch?
[citation needed]
>Aren't they similar.
No.
>Both believe the ends justify the means and both were ultimately making the world a better place.
Problem is Light had no qualms in killing, Rurushu viewed many of his victims as a necessary sacrifice to grant the people he cared about a better future, besides, he was in a family feud, in a family of inhuman assholes much worse than him, Light was a sheltered kid who targeted literal whos based on his own distorted view of justice and in the name of his fanatical ideals and little else.
Rurushu knew that there are higher callings than a personal idea of justice, he wanted to protect the people he cared about above all else and stop his family of assholes.
Both are flawed but Rurushu is by far the more human character out of the two.
>but Lelouch was selfish for most of the series and got far, far more innocent people killed than Light died.
Problem is Rurushu had the balls to personally do so and constantly put his life on the line, Light was just an average /pol/tard given pseudo omnipotence over life and death, Light was scared shitless at the thought of being found out, Rurushu's only problem was merely of diplomatic and idealistic nature, he protected his identity because while he believed that people needed a hero for a decisive uprising he didn't want people to rely on that hero, that is also expressed a bit more subtly when he made everyone dress like Zero, it's basically the V for Vengeance Guy Fawkes ideal.

Rurushu is far nobler in his endeavours than Light and his character is based on the idea that all people should live freely and live a happy life without being trampled by others, Light believed he was part of a chosen elite of people who had the right to judge others and further degenerates when people basically create a cult for him.
You can bet your ass Rurushu would try to kill Light and vice versa, their ideals are radically opposites.
>>
>>145230919
Because Lelouch is a little bitch influenced by his emotions while Light is cold and without mercy ready to kill his own family to achieve his goal.
>>
I don't believe /a/ hates Light. It's stupid to believe one anon's opinion is shared by the whole board.

Light is an egomaniac and an asshole. Lelouche is a sympathetic character who evolves from having selfish goals to have selfless goals, to the point where he sacrifices himself to attain peace. The characters are completely different in their motivation and execution. Just because they both are keikaku masters doesn't make the characters alike.
>>
>>145231486
>everyone will fight for power
Except we're shown that that didn't happen. Quite clearly in fact.
Applying our world's diplomatic logic to a world with mechas and magic powers is stupid at best.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.