[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know this anime is shit, but why can't I hate it or stop

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

File: clannad-wallpaper-6.jpg (146KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
clannad-wallpaper-6.jpg
146KB, 1024x576px
I know this anime is shit, but why can't I hate it or stop rewatching every few years?
>>
because it isn't shit?
>>
It has a comfy atmosphere.
>>
>I know this anime is shit

Who are you trying to impress?
>>
>>145208776
>>145208879
it is shit though. Sappy and manipulative shit,
>>
They're faces are so fucking weird
>>
>>145208742
Because you're shit too?
>>
Quality thread, quality bumps.
>>
>>145208742
Because of quality feels
>>
>clannad
>shit
When will this meme end?
>>
>>145208742
Maybe you've just realized that other shows and movies that do essentially the same thing as Clannad aren't hated by /a/, and you've spotted the contradiction in the hivemind logic here.
>>
Talking about the show is hard.

We had a bunch of newfags during 2012-2013 with
>is this the saddest show EVAR?? :(
>Confessions Thread; i actually cried to clannad
>i cry evry tiem

So the threads were derailed and shitposted to oblivion, and we've had very few for the last couple of years. But I'm pretty sure serious faggots would never consider this anime to be shit-tier, but when you have such a vocal circle-jerking fanbase wailing about how sad it is, you're 100% guaranteed to have contrarian faggots come in and make Clannad seem like a controversy.
>>
File: oasis.png (3MB, 1893x1053px) Image search: [Google]
oasis.png
3MB, 1893x1053px
>>145208742
The same reason I cannot
>>
>>145218017
Nothing gave me more feels than After Story. Do you actually have a sadder one?
>>
>>145218212
I don't understand the intention of your post. It seems like you're challenging me or fishing for recs.

The newfag Clannad wankers made it visible that they're newfags through their posting style, not their tastes. This was also a time when elitists constantly made the idea of "entry-level" a gigantic deal. This is why a general aura of negative sentiment against Clannad is still pervasive to some extent. All I'm doing is explaining the phenomena. You're free to believe After Story was the saddest anime ever.

I personally found the end of Code Geass R2 the saddest moment I've seen in anime, but that's probably due to my obscenely shit taste. I also teared up a bit at the end of Zero no Tsukaima S2.
>>
>>145218212
my diary
>>
>>145218459
Yes, I remember that Clannad was the epitome of entry level at the time. Because of this it had a lot of people turned off by the shitposting.

I'm just sad that a legitimately great anime can't be properly enjoyed because of it.

Now I'm getting torn over Spice & Wolf threads turning into infinite NTR shit (that never happened). Fuck /a/
>>
uguu~
>>
I just finished watching it for the first time. And while I agree that the first season is shit, After Story actually cleaned up most of the problems I had with it. The amount of moe lessened, it wasn't as sappy as the first season, and it felt like it earned its emotional moments. The show grew up in AS. Not just the characters, but the tone and drama. The problems the characters faced actually felt real and relateable. As opposed to the petty conflicts in the first season.

One of the biggest problems I have with it is the ending. The magical deus ex machina ending was retarded. The writer should have been slapped by the editor for wanting to put that in. There's even a line in the show by Akio that goes something like "Of course you can't solve all your problems by wishing hard enough." If only the writer had followed his own rules. If you want my opinion, they should have kept Nagisa dead but not kill the kid. It would have made for a bitter sweet ending that followed the rules laid down by the show. This isn't a superhero comic book. You can't just bring people back to life willy nilly because "muh sad ending is too sad."

Overall I thought Clannad was an ok series. It has its fair share of problems and it's definitely overrated, but it's not the worst anime out there. Especially if you're prone to sappy drama.
>>
>>145208742
Your opinion is wrong.
>>
>>145218459
>>145218017
Is this the same reason /a/ shits on Cowboy Bebop?
I swear if that came out today, /a/ would hail it as a work of fucking god.
>>
>>145222995
Personally I liked the ending, but mainly because I didn't like that Nagisa died in the first place. I keep thinking that if Clannad was a SOL about family then it would have been my most favorite anime ever, because the SOL part of it was fantastic IMO.

Also, I think I have read this post several times before. Is this a pasta?
>>
>>145224209
Clannad AS would be a masterpiece if it stopped at episode 22, after Ushio dies. It would be remembered as one of the best fucking tragedy anime ever.
The ending definitely ruined it for me. It just feels like such a cope out.
>>
>>145224314
I think you mean episode 21, 22 is where they came back.
And why do you want Ushio to die?
>>
>>145224314
This right here. The last two EPs or so really sank my ratings for the show. I still say if they weren't there it would be my favorite show ever.

And as for the consensus of /a/ they only have one. Everything is shit. That's shit this is shit that thing not even out is shit and everything ever made or will be made is shit. It's a giant retarded joke that keeps getting posted by retards thinking they are being funnny.

They aren't.
>>
>>145224401
No I don't want her to die, I absolutely fucking LOVE Nagisa and Ushio.
It's about fluidity. They spend so much time building up for such a tearjerking tragedy ending, and then demolish everything for a cope out "everyone lives happily ever after", it feels like such an extreme change of atmosphere. In the end you can't real make out what the show is about, tragedy or happy ending?
Imagine Romeo and Juliet, except they didn't die at the end and it was all just a ruse by the 2 of them to bring the 2 families together and then they lived in harmony. That's the kind of shit AS pulled.
>>
>>145222995
It's probably my least favorite ending, in any piece of media. We're talking "worse than Dog Days" levels of rage.

>>145223827
To be desu with you if Cowboy Bebop was airing this season I probably would've dropped it because it gets so episodic and disconnected. And then I'd pick it back up once everyone flips their shit at the ending.
>>
>>145224563
I think the part where they come back to life would've worked well as an alternative ending.
just because Okazaki learned so much about what it means to be a father, and having Ushio die kind of makes it all pointless
>>145224689
>it gets so episodic and disconnected
That's actually the reason why I liked CB. Every episode is like it's own little story, so I never got bored while watching it.
>>
>>145224791
Well you don't have to have a point really. Sometimes the only point you need is the story. It ending with the tragedy would have been fine.
>>
>>145211563
I thought I was the only one who thought this....

How do people emote over bug-eyed aliens? That's some uncanny valley shit.
>>
>>145224563
Call it shit taste or whatever but I still like the happy ending. But maybe I'm asking for a different kind of show.
>>
>>145208742
From that first sentence I know to completely ignore anything else you have to say because clearly your tastes are S H I T E
>>
>>145208742
>Family drama
That always popular and easy to be liked.
>>
>>145220791
wrong show
kanon is great tho
ayu is fuuko but stronger
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.