[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What Got You Interested In Anime?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 5

File: IMG-20160709-WA0000.jpg (66KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160709-WA0000.jpg
66KB, 720x1280px
What Got You Interested In Anime?
>>
Watching DBZ as a kid like 90% of everyone.
>>
Saint.seiyan and DBZ
>>
I broke my back in high school and had a lot of free time because I couldn't do sports and I heard some people talking about AoT so I started watching it and I'm deeply ashamed that it was my first anime now.
>>
Memes and ads
I feel gross
>>
>>145204078

Why would you be ashamed ? Its entry level shit like SAO or Naruto. Most people start with something popular/mainstream because thats what their friends recommend them.

Also the only really bad thing about these is the fucking circlejerk cancer community.
>>
>>145204078
AoT was also my first anime. Never thought it would come to the point where I watch moe SoL now.
>>
Borrowing the dvd box set of Trigun from my cousin when I was a kid and absolutely loved it. Started looking for more stuff like that after and ended up becoming a degenerate.
>>
Toonami in the mid 00s
>>
Naruto. I watched it on Toonami and then saw the rest of the episodes episodes subbed by Dattebayo in 2007 when I was ten years old.
>>
>>145202946
Pokemon
If your answer isn't Pokemon / DBZ / Gundam then you are lying or too young to use this board.
>>
My dick.
>>
[Spoiler] Elfen lied [/Spoiler]
>>
>>145202946
I watched 97 Berserk on some Mexican's youtube channel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8_KWrG9chI
>>
>>145202946
Anime itself
>>
YYH
>>
>>145202946
Pierrot le fou
>>
>>145202946
back to mexico
>>
>>145208080
Just because we watched them as kids like any other cartoon doesn't mean they are what got us interested in anime.
>>
Watched dbz and pokemon casually when younger but desu fairy tail actually got me into anime. Right after fairy tail was steins;gate, and that was that
>>
>>145208080
Well, you're not wrong
>>
>>145202946
Sailor Moon, pretty much. I mean, I'd watched other anime, but I didn't know or realize it.
>>
>>145204945
People who think sao is amazing aren't actually breathing. There's ventilation but the air is not going anywhere.
>>
Captain Harlock bootleg VHS imported by an asian kid down the block.
>>
>>145208080

Or maybe I'm not a millenial shitstain like you.
>>
>>145202946
Some Asian chick told me to watch School Days. Such a fucked up way to start, but it got me interested.
>>
File: 1444468782514.gif (705KB, 340x252px) Image search: [Google]
1444468782514.gif
705KB, 340x252px
Slayers.

It's still my favorite animu
>>
File: dWr1DYF.jpg (93KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
dWr1DYF.jpg
93KB, 640x360px
>>145208080
What about Sailor Moon?
>>
>>145210324
>millenial
I'm not sure you know what that word means. Unless you are nearly 40, you're a millennial.
>>
Beyblade and Hamtarou.
>>
>>145208080
Mine was actually Rayearth, because I didn't have shit taste like you.
>>
When I was pretty young I liked all the regular shit (pokemon, dbz, etc), and I was trying to "find the comic books that looked like that". Turned up empty handed until I found a volume of Magic Knight Rayearth at the bookstore and was like "THIS is the thing that looks like the thing".

I've been a disgusting weeb ever since.
>>
Yu Gi Oh on TV. I don't even follow it but it got me started.
>>
FUCKING JAV;s, RACING SWIMSUITS, AND HENTAI

didnt realize(lol get it) i was an animefag until like 10 years later
>>
DBZ, Yu Yu Hakusho, Inuyasha
Yu Gi Oh
>>
I grew up on Gundam, and watched it (plus pokemon / yugioh / whatever meme show) up until like 2008. Then I watched Gundam 00 and that lead me into other mecha anime, including Evangelion in 2010. Then Evangelion lead me into psychological anime. Now I'll watch anything that isn't moeshit / generic shounenshit / SOL.
>>
>>145202946
being 13 and my friend telling me that theres animated series about guyver, street fighter and another fighting game I can't recall, I remember it had a lecherous old dude though.
hearing about ultra violent cartoons was mind blowing at that age
>>
>>145208317
You know, Dragon Ball, Sailor Moon and the likes is what got me into anime. I watched those when kid, but I didn't knew it was called anime (as many other Anon here). Years after out of nostalgia I was lurking on YouTube for Dragon Ball videos and there was some recommendations on the sidebar, that's how I got to watch Kanon 2006, then I went for all the Keyshit/KyoAni and now I'm here like a zombie, shitposting everyday because anime has lost its charm and now there's notgin left but shitpost and memes.
>>
>>145202946
Pokemon into Inuyasha into seeing Akira on late night tv.
>>
The guys i played d&d with showed me SAO back when it was airing

other than that i watched Azumanga Daioh back in 2005 i think
>>
I don't know. When I was a little kid I watched Pokemon and Card Captor Sakura religiously on TV, stopped and started again around 12-13 with all the generic shonenshit the likes of Naruto, Bleach, Elfen Lied, Death Note (pretty much every meme anime of the mid 00s) and, weirdly, stuff like Lucky Star, He is my Master and Kanokon that I usrd to watch at 360p on an obscure French youtube clone and Dpstream. I stopped again only to start again three years ago when I watched Oreimo. I've been watching 25 shows a seasom ever since.

I think what draws me towards anime is the diversity of characters, plots and genres that you find in it. Compare that to Western media, where you've got the 5 same types of show rehashed aince the 80s and the same 10 superheroes that have been milked for half a century. I also like that they don't make season after season until the show turns to shit.

Oh yeah, and my uncontrollable yellow fever, too.
>>
Sakigake!! Cromartie Koukou, this ruined my life.
>>
Fullmetal Alchemist 2003. I had obviously seen stuff like Pokemon, DBZ, Sailor Moon, Hamtaro, and Ghibli movies as a younger kid, but they were always just "more cartoons" to me. FMA was the first thing I saw that I got really into and made me want to watch more.
>>
>>145202946
probably flame of recca on my local tv
>>
boredom
>>
>>145202946
Naruto. It's always Naruto, the gateway anime.
>>
Naruto
>>
Hentai
>>
Angel Beats
>>
File: 1445107072962.jpg (159KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1445107072962.jpg
159KB, 800x1000px
>>145202946
The anime pics all over 4chan got my dick hard so I caved in after all these years and starting watching sexy cartoons.

My biggest regret is not enjoying the stuff when I was a more appropriate age. I think 16 year old me would have enjoyed NGE a lot more than 26 year old me.
>>
The disappearance and kampfer. The movie was still good even when i didn't know who the hell is this haruhi girl kyon always talking about.
>>
>>145214119
Watching NGE when I was 16 was great. I kinda understand what you're talking about tho. Sucks you missed out
>>
Watamote and 4chan.
>>
Star Blazers or Battle of the Planets.
>>
>>145202946
it was a flood of shows that really carried on until i noticed that it was "anime." Pokemon, Digimon, DBZ, Card captors, Shaman King, Sailor Moon, Slayers, Gundam Wing, Cowboy Bebop, and Tenchi Muyo were all the shows i was watching back then. When i got my first computer and more exposer overtime on the internet through Yahoo Clubs and MSN Groups i eventually found my self watching Naruto, Bleach, and My Otome. That was probably the first time i even recognized something that came outside from the US and was when i started watching shows subbtitled thanks to gg subs. Downloading episodes on dialup.... i can't remember how i had the patience. That was 2004? My golden Age and obsession probably peaked in 2006 with Gurran Lagann, and have been watching anime ever since every season.
>>
Technically Transformers,I remember watching the show as a kid and years later coming across some of the japan exclusive stuff online,However there were barely and translations for it at the time.

Then I remember my Uncle used to torrent bleach and had some stuff like Appleseed on his computer,I didn't get into bleach because he was like 200+ episodes in, but I really like Appleseed
(although it was the 2004 CG anime movie)

Then a friend introduced me to gundam through 00,I watched a few clips of it online and remember somehow coming across Gundam Seed Destiny and watching that instead
I actually liked it but thought it was weird how the show shifted focus to Kira in the final arc, but it wouldn't be until years after that I would find out why

So that was the first anime I completed start to finish and after that I got more into gundam and watched all the series produced after 2000 along with the older OVAs.
later I broadened my tastes
>>
Dragonball Z, I bought the box sets and in them there was an advertisement for other shows.
The second anime I ever watched was Girls Bravo Dubbed On a shitty mobile streaming site
Then I "discovered" Crunchyroll and went to other high class anime like romcoms and stuff.

Probably about 6 years ago.
>>
i became infatuated with watching Ranma 1/2 and Love Hina on the old winamp streaming widget even before i realized i was watching something called anime. they were just superior cartoons to me i guess.
>>
>>145202946
The big selection on ninja and samurai movies and shows on the anime section on alluc and stage6.
>>
A friend of my older brother lent me CDs with Excell Saga and Beck, then kept on lending me disks one boring summer
>>
>>145202946
I didn't care about anime, didn't like Naruto or DBZ. But I watched Lucky Star and I thought that shit was amazing
Nice blog thread
>>
>>145208080
What if I watched them, but just saw them as another cartoon.
>>
File: Mach-5-626x398.jpg (51KB, 626x398px) Image search: [Google]
Mach-5-626x398.jpg
51KB, 626x398px
Pic related was what got me into anime at a young age.
>>
evangelion and nadesico
i was like six
i just liked the robots desu
>>
My first anime was lucky star
My brother showing me the AMV Hells is what got me interested
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.