[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guns in Anime

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 136
Thread images: 39

File: tumblr_nd0ate1zbV1riq0zvo6_500.gif (566KB, 500x240px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nd0ate1zbV1riq0zvo6_500.gif
566KB, 500x240px
One of my biggest pet peeve in anime as much as i love it is how guns are essentially useless.

you might as well beat the nigger with the stock or butt or the firearm because then at least youd stand a better chance.

Most people just dodge all the bullets or deflect them all and that really makes it hard for me to get into the series.

Very few anime have gotten close to getting guns in a good spot. i guess to name a few would be ghost in the shell, FMA, and trigun.

whats /a/s opinion of guns in anime, i get its for "balance" reasons but thats just being lazy on the writers part
>>
>>145180196
>trigun
>good with guns
MC literally matrix dodges every shot. Anyway guns are underpowered because melee weapons and hand to hand combat are way more engaging than guns.
>>
>>145180597
is said did well not that they were perfect trigun was the only other one i could think in which guns were a real threat, just goes to show how little anime actually take them seriously.

i dont believe that, why cant people find ways around getting pass guns? wouldnt it be engaging for characters to have to be more thoughtful of what they do rather than just completely mindless fighting.

not saying they cant fight or use swords its just when guns come into play against swords and fists they are always severely handicapped
>>
>>145180196
Guns are basically Worf in anime.
If they did their job there would be no story so they have to lose to make the opponent seem threatening
>>
>>145180782
a real threatening opponent would be someone who could get past guns and have it be believable.

this isnt just me being dumb either they could easily have people use cover and attack from the shadows, not just move faster than bullets at which the character whos presumed to be made of the same stuff humans are, body would literally tear itself apart.

worst of all is the hurr durr ima deflect all the bullets which is even more gross.

not saying that these things cant be done realistically like if the enemy was a robot or cyborg, or was completely made of human stuff then i could get past it but they almost are always just people with powers an most of the time not powers that make them resistent to what theyre body cant handle
>>
>>145180945
>whos presumed to be made of the same stuff humans are, body would literally tear itself apart.
What is "Enhanced by magical energy of the setting?
What is "Super Human has been a thing in fiction since forever"?
>>
>posts f/z
nigga like 66% of the non servants that died got shot.
>>
>>145181021
i hardly believe that a piece of metal that is flying at 400-700mph with a smaller PPSI cant hurt a soo called "enhanced human" but a sword with significantly less force can.

explain that to me as something other than lazy writing
>>
>>145180196
>complain about guns
>post fz
>tumblr
Godbuchi is wanking guns everytime he can.
>>
>>145181276
the image is to just give a clear look at what im saying is bs.

i didnt even like the fate series, it was just the first gif i saw that fit what i wanted to show
>>
>>145181202
rule of cool nigga
>>
>>145181443
see if it just devolves at that rate, then whats to say that anything resembling structure should just stay up.

if the story just starts to break itself just to keep the story going then itd all just devolve into a big mess.

the story sets up boundaries and then just discards them when they dont want to apply. at that rate it all get mediocre very fast
>>
File: 1456530907478.jpg (88KB, 848x480px) Image search: [Google]
1456530907478.jpg
88KB, 848x480px
>>145180196
Heavy Object had the protagonists using guns. I mean the premise of it is still based around the huge roboball mechas but it's fun seeing the two dudes wreck shit in unconventional ways.
>>
>>145180196
>tumblr
>>
>>145180196
Just go watch 91 Days if you want gunfights.
>>
>>145181202
Are you really that dumb? In any series where people can enhance themselves with magic so that they can dodge bullets, they can also enhance their sword with magic as well. Use your brain a little, come on.
>>
>>145181838
then why cant they enhance there guns to basically even it back out to as if there were enhancing?
>>
>>145181930
Easily explained. They need to touch the object they are enhancing. They can enhance the gun, and maybe even the bullet, but the enhancement wears off when the bullet is launched. Haven't you noticed that in most shows, then they drop their swrod it powers down?
>>
>>145181366
For a guy who is so autistic about guns you chose an image of the only person in the series that can deflect bullets. And in a show where the MC offs characters using guns. That clearly supports your argument well.

>>145181625
>creating characters that can deflect bullets with their 1000x times folded swords
>creating a cool aspect of your series by reducing gun use in a medium primarily for cute girls and cool fights
>this is often established at the beginning of the story
>hurr your breaking the boundaries of your show
In what way did it discard that aspect anon? I think your autism is making you unable to see the intentions of the author for this kinds of shows.
>>
>>145182091
I meant only non-servant person in the show.
>>
>>145182091
here ya go apparently you cant pre read a small thread >>145181366

>>145182091
logistically it still shouldn't matter, and you sure like to throw your buzz words around nonchalantly dont ya.

also its just plain lazy to say that bullets dont affect anyone and just makes it our to be that the author is trying to make the character seem cool when its as i say lazy. could easily just make the character more insightful and strategise around the person with a gun. would build more character that way

>>145182044
no, that would also imply that weapons like ninja stars and arrows cant be powered either.

whats any different than channeling you energy into the gun to be released with the bullet.

weve already been shown that even people can travel just as fast as bullets i dont see why the energy that gives them these powers cant
>>
>>145180196
>Ghost in the shell
Pretty damn good desu
>FMA
Ehh. No.
>Trigun
Pure nostalgia love but no. Good god no. From a science fiction perspective, maybe? I mean, there's no way in hell Vash's revolver could so half of what it did unless the core mcguffin was doing weird shit to the bullets. Even then Vash's weird ability to dodge bullets had a fucktarded explanation but still made sense seeing as he was a hyperintelligent alium.

Black Lagoon does a demi god tier job of showing guns off. As does Jormungand though the story is shit. Gunsmith cats is god tier but isn't as good with action as Black Lagoon.

>>145182044
So fucking enhance the explosion that's propelling the bullet itself.

Fucking simple shit.

Or fucking use your magic to power a fucking gauss rifle or rail gun and turn a BB gun into the planet's deadliest small arms rifle.

Or make your bullet so absurdly fast that it's impossible to notice, then fucking snipe a fucker from 2 miles away using a 20mm, or .50 cal.
>>
>>145182363
Point still stands. If you enhance the explosion that's propelling the bullet, you will destroy the bullet. The thing about only enhacing things you are directly touching is a perfectly good excuse to only use swords.
>>
>>145182576
nah how is a bullet destroyed if its the same material and same density as most swords.

also the smaller something is the more force it can take and release.

also if you can only di it by touching then magic powers shouldnt be stronger than a toddler punch and thus fists would be as effective as guns
>>
>>145182655
Not really. You'd only be adding power to an object. Like say, if you add your power, the object gets 10 times more powerfull. What's more powerful? Your fist x 10 or a swrod x 10? Come on, use your imagination a little.
>>
>>145182343
Just to play Devils advocate there'usally more than just moving to doge in anime alot of the time its anticipating where they're shooting from the angle of the gun (still pretty bull) also bullet would rip itself apart if it was fired too fast
>>
>>145182576
Except that's not how guns fucking work you fucking mongoloid. You enhance the explosion propelling the bullet and you just make the bullet faster.

The only thing that could conceivably be destroyed is the gun itself if it isn't beefed up and designed to handle the increased pressure.

>>145182745
Okay, what the fuck is power?

Density? A general increase in speed? A more violent reaction?

If you can make a sword more powerful, you'd increase the density and also decrease the weight to nothing, while enhancing your own body in order to swing it at a super human speed.

But you can't fucking increase the density of steel or plastic, to make it absurdly strong, and make a chemical reaction exponentially more powerful?
>>
>>145182861
i like you
>>
>americuck mad his guns don't kill people in animu
>>
>>145182343
Yes, I enjoy throwing buzzwords. Anyways, insightful and more strategic in what way? There different ways to create strategies based either guns or melee combat. More so when magic is added to the mix. Sure, a lot of authors can't pull this off because they can't write for shit but just because you prefer one method of combat doesn't automatically mean it's lazy.
>>
>>145182874
How would they rip them selves apart the added time from seeing where he's pointing the gun and the action of pulling the trigger still gives more time for moving its still pretty bull shit but its not quite as ridiculous as doging a bullet after its out of the gun also if the bullet is moving to fast the bullet Wil break from air resistance
>>
>>145182968
that not even the point the bigger underlying issue is how blatant it is that writes are just unrelievedly lazy and cant come up with anything more than, "he moves fast, the bullets get deflected or some other meme magic"
>>
>>145182991
:/ its lazy when the last guy copied the last guy and he copied the guy who didnt quite put enough time to come up with a better alternative because his friend who copied this other guy who thought that id look cool if bullets could be dodged/deflected.

its lazy when we dont even know who and when it was first used.

just like ecchi and tripping grabbing boobs
>>
>>145183085
you have to remember that they do this with like 30 different people shooting from different angles>

unless this niggas a super savant and has a heap of meme magic i dont buy it
>>
>>145180196
It's not just anime that does this.
>>
>>145183330
fine manga too
>>
>>145183220
>:\
Are you just baiting? People have used well-established tropes and cliche in their story for ages now. That is besides the point. Just because it looks cool for the author, it doesn't mean that removing the use of guns through superhuman means would be detrimental to how strategic or insightful a characters would act.
>>
>>145180196

then fuck off from anime and watch landwhales whine like you for hours in western shows
>>
>>145183583
i get where your coming from but how many more times until it becomes so striated and overused that it becomes a turn off.

look at the seasonal light novel adaptations every season they reuse the same shit and never put enough of a spin on it and they are getting less and less views that they are realistically transitioning into softcore hentai

>>145183677
the argument denotes that we cant have real criticism about what we like.

you buy all the games E3 says you should be hyped for and vote for what the media tells you should vote fore too?
>>
>>145183800
I thought the argument was about an author's laziness in terms of character insight and strategic ability because of how powerless guns are in their universe? I don't recall caring about your opinion on people should make anime. I really don't think this is the medium for you anyways, after all your bitching in this thread.
>>
File: 1463723340732.png (16KB, 1044x158px) Image search: [Google]
1463723340732.png
16KB, 1044x158px
>>145180196
>Most people just dodge all the bullets
It's unrealistic and really shows how little practical knowledge of guns nips have because their country has eliminated gun violence. Writers and directors have never been shot so they don't have first hand knowledge of how it works, nor do they take the time to go and research how guns actually work.

It's point, click and neutralized. No time for reflexes or muh trained japanese body. It's surreal thinking that you can end someone's life faster than they can even try to fight for there own in literally anyway.
>>
Trigun is overrated.
>>
>>145180196
Gun smith cats treats them as fairly lethal
>>
>>145180196
That's why I love Gate.

You're an elf? An 8 ft tall ogre? A dwarf with mithril armor? A noble knight riding a beautiful white horse?

Fuck you the bullet ain't gonna care
>>
>>145184049
been watching anime and reading manga since i was 10.

the reason why i say the viewship influences it is because the industry as a whole is tanking more and more every year.

its because of the unhealthy practices they do and because of the bleakness thats taken over in the following years.

eventually everything will become so generic and been there that ill only hurt the industry even more.

why do you think people avoid or bash "another world" and "time travel esk" anime.

youd be a foul to think ill stop there eventually character traits will feel this influence too
>>
>>145184257
shit i forgot gate did then good.

yeah gate was probably the most realistic out of every anime that ive seen.

if we could have more like gate then id be real fantasic
>>
>>145184277
No, seriously, I don't give a flying fuck about how long you've been watching or your opinion on how anime should be. You're a westerner and your opinion does not bear any weight. You're just an idiot and you've completely gone off-topic, I'm out.
>>
>>145184058
At the same time, the level of skill needed is underestimated.

Like fucking anybody can shoot a gun. But to have the skills that gets the most out of a gun, that turns it into a tool, takes years of shooting, and a couple years of learning, to build the reflexes and knowledge base to be adaptable.

But then the MC fucking plays chess as a hobby and therefore is able to fucking destroy a team of Seals because "I can predict their every move" even though much of Special Forces tactics is heavily classified.

>>145184257
And then the Loli god of death starts fucking the MC in his ever growing harem.
>>
>>145182044
enchance the bullets nigga
>>
>>145180196
>I guess to name a few would be ghost in the shell, FMA, and trigun.

>posts F/Z where Kiritsugu relies on his wits and kills magicians with guns instead of battling them head on

That was pretty good..
>>
>>145184640
No, you don't understand anon he doesn't like the fate series. That completely removes the fact that it did use guns well in comparison to most anime.
>>
>>145184513
i never started this thread with the intent of changing anything or going farther than a discussion.

and be my guest you replied to this post and i merely replied to what you said with the intent to start a conversation to better understand the view points of others in the fandom.

if anything its you who uses sly remarks in an attempt to halt any discussion because you simply have an unstoppable urge to disagree with everything that goes in turn against what you think.

this is quite rampant in this fandom so im not surprised.

>>145184640
jesus you people cant read before posting>>145181366

>>145184521
dont forget lolis with huge weapons taking out fleet after fleet of enemies like it isnt even tuesday
>>
>>145181202
Because the sword is powered by strong super human muscles, not weak gears and triggers
>>
>>145184911
They use compressed explosions,which last time I checked are stronger than human muscles
>>
File: 020[1].png (238KB, 777x1100px) Image search: [Google]
020[1].png
238KB, 777x1100px
So anime has to be realistic? Comics also do it. A lot of fiction portrays guns badly. Nothing wrong with that because it's fiction.
>>
>>145184794
I don't have an undying urge to disagree with everything you've said. But if you'd like a decent discussion to better understand the view points of other people, stop going off-topic when you're unable to form a decent argument within a discussion. This makes me think you're insistent on pushing your own view points regarding guns that you're also a victim to the "unstoppable urge to disagree with everything that goes in turn against what you think".
>>
>>145185279
I said it was a pet peeve. You probably have one on anime too.

Luke you hate harem anime or more or some other thing you parade as being "trash"
>>
>>145185165
You just lack the willpower baka gaijin
>>
>>145185290
Nag nothing like that, I go off topic because I have to compare to something like an analogy or show examples and then I'm questioned about that and I soon for get the original issue.

It's nothing more than a pet peeve and I merely game why I find it annoying being that the comparisons I gave.

I understand why guns a needed in anime it's just kinda dumb imo
>>
>>145185395
I don't really think anything is trash. I may dislike something, but someone, somwhere may enjoy it.
>>
>>145185495
Nerfed* auto corrected
>>
>>145184747
To be fair, FZ also had Berserker use a fucking minigun and he couldn't hit shit even with two clear targets.
>>
>>145185538
I feel the same way. But the way you might dislike a certain show for certain aspects is the same way I feel about the gun aspect in anime.

It's just that little thing that bugs me everytime I see it on screen
>>
OP you got this all wrong. Do some research on what makes a good actions scene. Making guns more realistic doesn't automatically make for better stories. If anything the stories become a lot less about action and a lot more about the narrative to a point where guns are just the means to an end. In anime this would on average get us a zankyou no terror level of quality.
>>
File: 014[1].png (216KB, 777x1100px) Image search: [Google]
014[1].png
216KB, 777x1100px
>>145185607
I honestly don't know what stuff bugs me. Maybe I just haven't found anything that bugs me.
>>
>>145185755
Narrative is something very few anime actually have.

Most of everything nowadays is streamlined, which isn't bad but gets repetitive quickly

Something that has thought put into it is always appreciated
>>
>>145185872
Power levels?

Ecchi scenes?

Beach/swimsuit episodes.

Another pet peeve I have is when they eat food and act like they just had an orgasm

As someone who can't taste good very well this bothers me
>>
>>145186555
Food*
>>
>>145186555
>Power levels?
Don't really mind power levels.

>Ecchi scenes?
I enjoyed some series that had ecchi scenes. Wasn't bothered by them.

>Beach/swimsuit episodes.
I guess this. Just don't really care for them.

>Another pet peeve I have is when they eat food and act like they just had an orgasm

I like Shokugeki no Soma
>>
File: tgg_80_003.png (400KB, 793x471px) Image search: [Google]
tgg_80_003.png
400KB, 793x471px
>>145184911
what are you talking about

and gears omg
>>
better brig madd guns because she dont give a fuck of knives
>>
>>145180196
This is one of the things I like in Urobuchi's works. Melee weapon users in modern settings get BTFO like they should and, if present, magic is used to augment fire arm efficiency.
>>
>>145183272
But most of them have shit aim anyways why bother doging have you watched any americam TV niggas can hit shit
>>
File: bringing a gun to a card game.gif (2MB, 230x173px) Image search: [Google]
bringing a gun to a card game.gif
2MB, 230x173px
>>
>>145187717

Are his cards made of lead?
>>
>>145187467
Bullshit, if anything, melee weapons and close combat are used in tandem with firearms in Urobuchi works. The man loved those Chinese martial arts flicks.
>>
As stupid as they tend to look, over the top swordfighting in anime still looks better than over the top gunfighting, just look at this garbage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nC3t51wGNRY
>>
File: 45 STRONK, GIT SUM .45.webm (1MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
45 STRONK, GIT SUM .45.webm
1MB, 640x480px
>>145180196
Coinslot-eyes are not very familiar with funs, as they're not widespread there at all and it's a pain in the ass to get a permit for one.
Glorious nippon steel, however, is somewhat like a national symbol. Like apple pie and star spangled banner for Burgers or alcohol and tracksuits for Vodkas.

For somewhat decent guns try Jormungand, Black Lagoon, Gunslinger Girl. Jin Roh is alright but you won't get much action besides those two-three gifs that are floating around.
>>
>>145184058
>It's point, click and neutralized.
That's not how it works either. Guns have an effective range and bullets have varying speeds. If you have a shit gun arm then even hitting a moving target ten feet away could be difficult. Moreover, for how fast bullets are, they are also fucking tiny. Just shooting someone who's standing around may be easy, but depending on the distance, aiming a few millimeters off a moving target will leave you wasting bullets. Guns are a great weapon, yes. Better than any melee weapon and more than likely to incapacitate anyone with a few hits, but it takes training to shoot it and anyone with half a brain and good reflexes will jump for cover when someone takes out a gun.
>>
File: upotte-3534027a.png (424KB, 555x763px) Image search: [Google]
upotte-3534027a.png
424KB, 555x763px
>>145189611
but man, they fucking love airsoft replicas
>>
File: upotte-3534083a.png (318KB, 764x397px) Image search: [Google]
upotte-3534083a.png
318KB, 764x397px
>>
This is the worst fucking thread i've seen on this board all week.
>>
File: lol 9mm.gif (2MB, 300x155px) Image search: [Google]
lol 9mm.gif
2MB, 300x155px
>>145189964
>>145189914
pls no
upotte was a disappointment both in terms of cute girls doing cute things and gun porn, the only two things it had going for it
>>
>>145190029
It turned to shit the moment you showed up.
>>
File: tumblr_mzona8jSsO1qa5504o1_400.gif (924KB, 400x222px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mzona8jSsO1qa5504o1_400.gif
924KB, 400x222px
>>
>>145181202
Not anime, but Dune did this well.
>>
>>145180196
>posting F/Z
>posting Kirei
OP is autistic
>>
>>145190029
What would you expect from a thread made by a casual crossboarder? The rest of the scum on /a/ flocked to it.
>>
>posting F/Z
>posting the same guy that in the same fight gets his heart destroyed by a gun
>doesn't like fate

Execute yourself
>>
>>145190029
This. Faggot even writes like a nigger.
>>
>>145189611
>not very familiar with funs
Crossboarders are autistic
>>
>>145189705
So characters have to be incompetent with their weapon in order to create tension?
Effective range is moot since 90% of the time characters have to be close enough to interact like talking or such. On top of that any any bullet speed is several magnitudes faster than human reaction time.
Basically its like the wild west movies portray, whoever gets their gun out first wins. Any character who engages in combat regularly like say an anime character should realistically be able to aim at a target say 20 ft away at absolute most.
>>
File: concealed carry.gif (4MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
concealed carry.gif
4MB, 480x270px
>>
File: No.gif (910KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
No.gif
910KB, 320x240px
>>145190656
>>
>Trigun

How? It's filled with magical bullet dodging and bullet tanking. Cowboy Bebop handles guns much better. Most of the fights don't even use them and those that do have a lot of people being incapacitated really fast.
>>
>>145180196
But F/Z does guns in a Fate/ setting the best.

>>145181930
At least in F/Z, Kiritsugu hardly uses magic because he finds killing people easier with just pure guns, grenades and what not. that gets magus by a surprise because they don't expect other magi to fight without relying on magic. So you could argue that enhancing a gun would alert the opponent that something is going on and that would be countered accordingly.

And later in that same scene Kiritsugu shoots Kirei WITH a enhanced bullet so you get what you want anyway.
>>
File: psuna04_185.png (102KB, 712x381px) Image search: [Google]
psuna04_185.png
102KB, 712x381px
>>
File: triela.jpg (90KB, 640x343px) Image search: [Google]
triela.jpg
90KB, 640x343px
fuck bullets
>>
File: 1469547967037.jpg (453KB, 1920x816px) Image search: [Google]
1469547967037.jpg
453KB, 1920x816px
>>145190656
You remind me of those school boys who start spreading shit about lifting after first week of gym. No, your knowledge of guns is not something special. You're not special. You just posting obvious for everyone garbage. Just stop.
>>
File: 008.png (82KB, 697x309px) Image search: [Google]
008.png
82KB, 697x309px
rat-tat-tat
>>
File: edc.png (360KB, 680x398px) Image search: [Google]
edc.png
360KB, 680x398px
>>
File: animoo.gif (1MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
animoo.gif
1MB, 500x281px
>>
>>145188595
1000 layers of japanese paper.
>>
>>145191241
reddit
>>
File: 018.jpg (160KB, 843x1200px) Image search: [Google]
018.jpg
160KB, 843x1200px
>>
File: concealed carry1.gif (551KB, 319x338px) Image search: [Google]
concealed carry1.gif
551KB, 319x338px
>>
>>145191349
Funny old western isn't getting me anywhere really.
>>
File: the same weight.jpg (125KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
the same weight.jpg
125KB, 1680x1050px
>>
File: qch6.suna01_193.jpg (340KB, 728x1027px) Image search: [Google]
qch6.suna01_193.jpg
340KB, 728x1027px
>>
File: 1414312948336.png (490KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
1414312948336.png
490KB, 853x480px
>>
File: FLIPBAM.png (237KB, 728x644px) Image search: [Google]
FLIPBAM.png
237KB, 728x644px
i like romanized sound effects dont give a fuck

>>145191457
well faggot guess what?
start looking up old western stars
try to match them up with the guy in gif
this isnt fucking /a/- random gifs and spaghetti westerns
start helping your self you useless faggot
>>
File: high-school-of-the-dead-261160.jpg (305KB, 1200x841px) Image search: [Google]
high-school-of-the-dead-261160.jpg
305KB, 1200x841px
>>
in the end,
its better to have a gun and not need it
>>
File: 1451092548429-0.gif (770KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1451092548429-0.gif
770KB, 500x281px
>>
>>145180196
I think what you're missing is that swords and swordfights (and fisticuffs fights as well) are fucking cool. They allow for a lot of kinetic action and energy, which is good because it conveys a sense of gravity and punch. Seeing someone pull a trigger and another person dying some distance away isn't that fun. People want to be up close and personal to the combat. The majority of anime isn't realistic or doesn't try to be (and that's one of the appeals of it). You sound like a /k/ "muh gun porn" fag
>>
>>145191457
You should always go to /wsr/ for requests.

Never ask sauce anywhere else.
>>
File: 1451092548429-2.gif (992KB, 500x284px) Image search: [Google]
1451092548429-2.gif
992KB, 500x284px
>>
File: 11ed.jpg (245KB, 600x853px) Image search: [Google]
11ed.jpg
245KB, 600x853px
pfft guns arent exciting

where are all those gate webms

wicked operator action is just as good as a gay old timey sword fight
>>
Even in the world of giant robots swords are better than laser beam canons. Accept it.
>>
>>145181202
Think of like how old bullet proof vests could be stabbed though with a knife.
>>
Japanese folks dont worship guns like
americucks, nor do they have the autistic idea
that any one with a gun automatically turns into
rambo.
They, on the other hand, have the autistic
idea that anyone with a sword becomes a samurai
>>
>>145182576
Then enhance gun to withstand much higher pressure, enhance your hands to withstand bigger recoil and then load a gun with 20mm depleted uranium bullets or some magic mumbo jumbo.
Boom!
Now you have autohandcannon with relatively low mana cost, Alucard style.
>>
I think the real issue is that you can show someone getting punched or slashed with a sword and only getting his clothes ripped or bleeding a little, but it's much harder to accept someone getting shot and still running around like it was nothing.
>>
>>145184911
Zombie powder desu sword has gears that's why he stops bullets with his hand metal bullshit
>>
File: magic gun.gif (2MB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
magic gun.gif
2MB, 500x300px
>>145180196
Just need the right gun.
>>
File: 1466791813037.jpg (129KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1466791813037.jpg
129KB, 1280x720px
Really makes you think.
>>
>>145201940
I heard some survived, though.
>>
File: 1461512268216.gif (2MB, 330x166px) Image search: [Google]
1461512268216.gif
2MB, 330x166px
just read or watch desert punk, thread
>>
File: Kino.jpg (96KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Kino.jpg
96KB, 800x600px
Kino is quite good at it. Everyone has guns and can kill anyone with them. Except for one character that appears in only one episode, but it's not like he's plot revelant. At least not in the anime.
>>
>>145180196
Yeah like in shows about magical shit or kung fu superpowers.

In more serious drama oriented etc... guns are more realistic. It makes sense too; the same is done in film, if there is some supernatural or sci-fi shit going on, the stakes can easily be established by showing that a conventional armed response is not effective against the threat. (why is godzilla immune to bullets and rockets and tanks? etc...)
>>
>>145180196
>complains about guns being downplayed in chinese cartoons.
>post F/Z
Fuck off back to your containment board americuck. Guns are boring.
>>
>>145182363
Hellsing did a good job or making guns relevant for most engagements.

Most rifles and shit were basically pointless against vampires but when you're operatives are superhuman they just handed 20mm cannons to big-tittied police girl and 13mm bombshell auto-loading pistols.
>>
File: 1447839307352.jpg (86KB, 564x989px) Image search: [Google]
1447839307352.jpg
86KB, 564x989px
>>145180196
Fuck you, we need more cute little girls with big guns in anime.
>>
>>145208750
But that's a wizard using a magical wand.
>>
File: 1442135742061.gif (473KB, 500x270px) Image search: [Google]
1442135742061.gif
473KB, 500x270px
>>145209647
You got a point.
>>
File: 4947675-catching+bullets[1].gif (3MB, 576x432px) Image search: [Google]
4947675-catching+bullets[1].gif
3MB, 576x432px
Martial Arts > Guns
Thread posts: 136
Thread images: 39

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.