[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Berserk

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 198
Thread images: 37

File: image.png (525KB, 1227x1800px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
525KB, 1227x1800px
Now that I think about it

Isn't it Guts fault that Griffith turned into Femto?

It seemed Griffith was trying to off himself due to his current state

And in his head he didn't want guts to touch him because he knew it would trigger the behelit

And furthermore isn't it Guts fault the age of darkness was brought?

The demons only went into the world because 2 of the needed sacrifices escaped , and causality and fate demanded they be sacrificed at any cost.

And now Falconia is the last bastion preventing demons from killing humanity. Griffith is doing his best to protect humanity from what Guts ultimately caused. But he can't bring himself to kill guts or Casca himself.

TL;DR:

Griffith did nothing wrong. Guts did everything wrong.
>>
File: image.jpg (717KB, 1500x953px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
717KB, 1500x953px
>>
stupid phoneposter
>>
>>145154725
<3 It's more convenient for me when I'm laying in bed
>>
File: 112.jpg (14KB, 206x190px) Image search: [Google]
112.jpg
14KB, 206x190px
>>145154620
>Isn't it Guts fault that Griffith turned into Femto

Not really. Guts doesn't have the power to turn him into anything, and it was Griffith's choice to sacrifice everyone. Even the fat apostle guy with the daughter that Guts defeated had the willpower to not sacrifice his daughter. Griffith didn't.

Also, I think it was already destiny that Griffith was going to be Femto. This has been foreshadowed and emphasized way before.
>>
>>145154833
True.

I think at first Griffith really didn't want to but as soon as he was all alone, up there with the other 4 of the god hand, crippled, everything lost and the memory of guts and Casca embracing fresh in his head he made a bad decision
>>
>>145154620
No. It was Griffith's fault for saying that he could only view someone as a friend if they were equal to Griffith's status.

Guts was hurt when he heard this since he thought they were friends and wanted to find his own life and build his own legend to be equal to Griffith.

When Guts decided to leave to find his own path, Griffith was being selfish and tried to force him to stay, even though he had no idea how to maintain a proper friendship.

He then overreacted and deflowered Princess Charlotte, damning the Hawks in the process.

Griffith did EVERYTHING wrong.
>>
>>145154889
Guts meant a lot to him, some even say he loved him. So when Guts crushed him and left, he spiraled into a deep state of depression and delusion.

Which led him to where he is now.
>>
Nothing you said about Guts touching him and triggering it or the apostles coming into the world because of the brand is true.
>>
File: berserk-1555448.jpg (318KB, 1200x880px) Image search: [Google]
berserk-1555448.jpg
318KB, 1200x880px
I want to see a Shakespearian theatrical adaptation of Berserk. It would be quite nice. Anyone else?

The Rape Horse is something that is pretty similar to Macbeth's flesh-eating horses and the spooky skeletons and poor Yorrick would probably be bros.
>>
File: Berserk_v02.zip-Berserk_v02_p227.png (361KB, 1218x1800px) Image search: [Google]
Berserk_v02.zip-Berserk_v02_p227.png
361KB, 1218x1800px
how can guts have a happy ending if he's going to hell
>>
>>145154620
They would've done something else to get him to become Femto.
>>
File: Berserk_v03.zip-Berserk_v03_p006.jpg (811KB, 1264x1800px) Image search: [Google]
Berserk_v03.zip-Berserk_v03_p006.jpg
811KB, 1264x1800px
DONG
>>
>>145154620
Nope it's all Griffiths fault
only one option
>>
>>145155770
loliwitch tears of true love are gonna undo the brand
>>
>>145155770
Demons lie and intimidate, yo. Besides there's nothing wrong with going full DOOM guy.
>>
>>145154752
Kill yourself.
>>
File: enough of that.png (171KB, 648x502px) Image search: [Google]
enough of that.png
171KB, 648x502px
>>
>>145154620
Demons were already a part of the world just hidden away in the cracks that seeped through
>>
>>145156600
> "b-but evil was always there!"
Dumb apologists. If Griffith didn't fuck things up so badly then evil would still be hidden behind the scenes.
>>
>>145156656
The apostles were out there already though. Only after the eclipse they got a lot more active for some reason.
>>
File: Co9CtPBWIAE_Vnn.jpg orig.jpg (613KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
Co9CtPBWIAE_Vnn.jpg orig.jpg
613KB, 1536x2048px
>>
>>145154889
He didn't know that Guts was listening. Griffith already considered him his equal then.
In the end all can be summed up with MISUNDERSTANDINGS
>>
>>145155770

>Divine providence cannot be thwarted by man's efforts
>by man's efforts

He can't remove the brand himself, he needs a good-aligned deity to remove it, such as the elf king.

Unless Miura decides to give Berserk a tragic ending.
>>
>>145155770
you can see the despair in his eye ;_;
>>
>>145155770
He needed some support at that point. If he let's the blood drain out of his body, he won't have help to bind his soul to an artificial vessel like Gaiseric did.
>>
>>145154620
It's fate. Everything lined up so he COULD be in the position to actually sacral ice them which he would not have likely done if he was not tourchered etc. Similarly it was his will to rape casca but not really as it resulted in him being reborn in human flesh. Everything in the story follows fate except gattz that is. I'm not a griffith fag but it does excuse the actions in some way
>>
File: Berserk_v02.zip-Berserk_v02_p226.png (452KB, 1243x1800px) Image search: [Google]
Berserk_v02.zip-Berserk_v02_p226.png
452KB, 1243x1800px
>>145157368
yeah i thought that expression was a bit out of the ordinary, but it is very early berserk.

is guts really sad because the count simply told him he's going to hell? guts isn't even religious.

probably more to do with telling guts that it's all meaningless, on the previous page.
>>
>>145157662
The Behelit apostle stated that he was told to delay it which signifies that the Godhand and whatever master they serve are flexible.
>>
>>145157794
Guts is the type of person who really doesn't like hearing that. On some level Guts feels that it's meaningless, but he still wants to try as long as he's alive.
>>
File: 17236471785.png (514KB, 1675x1198px) Image search: [Google]
17236471785.png
514KB, 1675x1198px
reminder that based rickert layed hands on this bitch ass nigga

living god my ass
>>
Is it a good idea to read the manga chronologically? I want to introduce a friend to it and see how he reacts when shit goes down without him having read the first two volumes.

It'd be fucking convoluted as he'd have to start reading mid volume three and stop at in the middle of fourteen, before lost children, then he'd have to pick it up again with the with the first three volumes and stop when Golden Age starts and then continue with Lost Children.
>>
>>145158079
Nah, just start normally desu
>>
>>145154889
>Build his own legend
He was the captain of the raiders of the band of the hawk
He is the 100 man slayer
He killed the strongest man (the rhino dude)
He was knighted

Griffith did everything wrong, but guts could have seen himself as a big shot
>>
>>145158079
Something interesting I noticed is that both berserk adaptations have griffith sacrficing everyone as a TWIST.

But in the manga it is stated in volume 3 that Griffith is directly responsible for Guts brand and guts even says to Femto "you're standing where you are now, thanks to me".

So it's a different way of experiencing the story. You already know how the story will play out.

But the manga's better anyway so who cares.
>>
>>145157794
He might not be a devout follower of a fate. But he has seen higher powers at work, he has seen what is going to happen with branded people, the stream of death that carried the fat guy off
>>
>>145158261
>>145158079

ah I should have read your post more clearly, you want your friend to experience the twist.

have him watch the 1997 anime.
>>
>>145158372
He'll miss out on a lot of characterization and subplots though.
>>
File: Griffith BTFO.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Griffith BTFO.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>145158002
>>
Griffith was going to become Femto no matter what, it was fated.

Nothing Guts could about it griffith is just cosmically ordained douchbag.
>>
I actually didn't understand what that whole Rickert-Griffith interaction was. Miura did some really good world building through the events leading up to that, but why Femto would accept that slap confused me.

Was it supposed to convey that he has some lingering guilt/regret over band of the hawks?
>>
>>145158801
Griffith understood that if Rickert was angry, it was justified. He even said so at the hill of swords.
>>
>>145158801
Griffith does feel bad about it, he's not going to do anything to compromise his ambition over it but if letting Ricky slap him is all he wants than he is fine with obliging him.
>>
File: griffithinanutshell.jpg (76KB, 639x479px) Image search: [Google]
griffithinanutshell.jpg
76KB, 639x479px
>>145158743
>COSMICALLY ORDAINED DOUCHBAG
>>
>>145154620

No. Griffith always considered his allies a means to an end, he views himself as a natural leader and expects others to sacrifice themselves for his cause. Guts thought of him as an equal so upon learning that he had thoughts of abandoning the band of the hawk.

Events just brought Griffith to the point where he had to decide whether to sacrifice the band of the hawk to achieve greater power or not, and anyone paying attention at that point would have known he wouldn't choose otherwise. Yes, Griffith spited Guts for his insubordination and betrayal, but he would have chosen the same course of actions regardless of Guts.

The Band of the Hawk would have died fighting for Griffith as mercenaries or they'd have died the way most of them did during the eclipse. Regardless of the events they were all means to an end for him.

Falconia was shown to be a farce of sorts, a fair bit of the populace are wolves in sheeps clothing. They are under griffith's protection only as long as they are his loyal subjects, look at what happened to Rickert moments after the slap.
>>
>>145158256
It wasn't enough to be equal to his first husbando though
>>
>>145154620
No because fate in this series is quite the serious shit, it was written that he would break and the Eclipse would happen, there was nothing Guts or Griffith could have done to stop it.

The only moment where fate holds no power is when the God Hand summoner makes his choice, in this moment its 100% the summoner choice, meaning, it was Griffith's fault, he chose to sacrifice everyone for his dream.
>>
Reminder that Griffith literally pleased an old man for money.
>>
>>145159902
>implying you wouldnt
One night of shame for millions, fucking worth it.
>>
>>145157134
>Unless Miura decides to give Berserk a tragic ending.
That's the best kind of ending.
>>
>>145159130
So we're assuming that it was Griffith's demon groupies that sent out the hit on Rickert and not Griffith himself? Don't disagree, just making sure.
>>
>>145160418
That's right. Griffith loved the band of the hawk, thats why it was a sacrifice, letting it go for the sake of muh dream. So he actually feels bad about it, but given the chance, the would sacrifice whole humanity for his bullshit. Hell even the plot is heading in that direction, whole fucking Falconia will get sacrificed as pigs.
>>
>>145160718
If Griffith wins and becomes God, what happens next?
>>
File: 1467864918709.jpg (28KB, 382x333px) Image search: [Google]
1467864918709.jpg
28KB, 382x333px
>>145158002
>Hurr durr He's a god
>Hurr durr huge ass, legion-slaying monsters bow to him
>Hurr durr just about all humans in the land have sworn fealty under his banner and protection
>Hurr durr he is the "hope" of humanity and this world
>This STILL doesn't stop Rickert from bitch slapping his ass when he finds out what Griffith hath done.

Rickert is the MVP of Berserk.
>>
File: 1470180608740.jpg (49KB, 445x229px) Image search: [Google]
1470180608740.jpg
49KB, 445x229px
>>145154620
DINDU NUFFIN
>>
File: Bitchslap.png (509KB, 1226x1800px) Image search: [Google]
Bitchslap.png
509KB, 1226x1800px
>>145158002
>>
I'm more interested in why Casca is mentally unstable and if she actually still felt something for Griffith. Which is why she didn't want Guts to see them fucking or she could have just been raped and is not unstable because of that.
But honestly Guts is not at fault for something Griffith chose to do, which only happened because he lost to Guts, but he still choose to sleep with the princess and chose to sacrifice everyone (sept for Guts and Casca).
>>
File: 1457636983719.png (1MB, 731x663px) Image search: [Google]
1457636983719.png
1MB, 731x663px
>>145158002
So damn satisfying. I was getting tired of everyone praising Griffith, thanks based Rickert.
>>
>>145161402
>Which is why she didn't want Guts to see them fucking
I think she didn't want him to see because she was being fuckin raped. Also I don't remember clearly but I think she was raped by a bunch of demons before that too, that plus all the other shit would probably fuck anyone up.
>>
>>145154620
>Isn't it Guts fault that Griffith turned into Femto?
No, the behelits always come back to their owners via destiny to be opened at the perfect most desperate moment where the Godhand can have the poor fool sell their soul for power.
It's Godhands fault for creating them.

>>145154620
>And in his head he didn't want guts to touch him because he knew it would trigger the behelit
Griffith understood what was about to happen, Griffith was trying to warn Guts to run away before it was too late, his last actual human act. Probably the only time in the entire story Griffith showed any compassion for anyone else.
He didn't want Guts to be in the eclipse, that's it. He knew shit was about to go down.
>>145154620
>And furthermore isn't it Guts fault the age of darkness was brought?
Once again Godhand, they live outside time and space and see the past and present entirely, they can perceive the endless possibilities of the future and choose the future that brings the least amount of damage to them and the most benefits.
They would let years of hard work go down the drain in a heartbeat if it means opening a new possibility where x goal can be achieved.
The entire war that The Band of The Hawk originally fought in was theorized to be a war caused by Godhand for the sole purpose of making Griffith a military legend, just to hurt him so badly he would go crazy and join their cause in desperation.
>>145154620
>And now Falconia is the last bastion preventing demons from killing humanity. Griffith is doing his best to protect humanity from what Guts ultimately caused. But he can't bring himself to kill guts or Casca himself.
Griffith is the one who is allowing the demons to attack villages in the first place, even the leader of the Muslim empire is an apostle and is playing his role perfectly (believing the entire time he is free from the laws of casualty) the Muslim empire attacks the christian cities and Griffith offers to protect them.
>>
>>145161402

Could simply be a nod to the effects of encountering eldritch horrors in lovecraft-horror.

She was being fucked by a demon while the godhand descended killing all her comrades as well as guts. Their unborn child was horribly deformed by the sex with femto, so it's not unusual that Caska would have suffered some of the physical/mental effects of it too.
>>
>>145161849
cont-
Griffith will use the entire empire he created as a huge sacrifice, a sacrifice never seen before and its powers untold.
A few thousand people in the heresy arc were needed to bring Griffith back to life.
What would a few hundred thousand to millions of people do?
And the entire time the demon army so protecting these civilians, will turn on them.
I personally think Griffith's little blonde soothsayer will gain an entire page to herself showing her unbelieving face as she is ripped apart by the demons.
Guts did nothing wrong, he just wanted to live his life.
Griffith was choosen by Godhand at birth to be evil.
>>
>>145154620
griffith made the CHOICE to sacrifice everyone.
No one forced him too.
He made that choice, because he could not handle is dream falling apart 120%.

And Falconia primary existence is NOT to protect the humans, its primary existence is for Griffith to have a kingdom. Those are very close to being the same thing, but a demon kingdom is still a kingdom.
>>
File: griffith charlotte.jpg (392KB, 733x1100px) Image search: [Google]
griffith charlotte.jpg
392KB, 733x1100px
Literally every misfortune that befell the Band of the Hawk was due to the fact that Griffith took an unnecessary and selfish risk to fuck the princess because he was frustrated over Guts leaving.

No matter the mental gymnastics, Griffithfags can't get around that one.
>>
>>145160803
Anon, he already won and is God
>>
>>145162321
That's obvious, nothing to argue over there, it was his first 'human' mistake.
>>
Will he ever fucking finish the book? I'm glad I started reading late because I don't think I could've survived them being on the boat for 70 years.
>>
>>145154620
man, fuck grifith and girfith sympathizers. he goes on and on about how his real friend (read that as his stupid ego fantasy) would oppose him. that his real friend would not let his (griffith dreams) come in front of his own. Guts learns this, thinks a bit and then agrees. he goes off, since that is what griffith wanted, and he also wanted to become a better person. beats griffith to prove he is worthy of being a rael freind.
Grififith goes full sasgay and decides he was wrong, he did not want a friend to stand by himself, he wanted someone to support him and kill people for him. goes and bone the princess and then gets his dream destroyed, by himself. he then blames guts for all of it, even if guts was just doing what any normal independent human would do (and what he said he wanted guts to do) and kills everyone and rape guts crush to retardation.
everything griffith does is for himself, and he never deserved good ol guts as a friend (Guts, in contrast, does everything not for himself, but for everyone else, almost as if he wants to be the stepping stone for everyone)
>>
>>145158256
Guts had always had self esteem issues, ever since he was born. his first cries were on the guts of his mother, and everyone made sure to remind him of that. there is more. his only mistake was to try to build his self more than to just fight to the death every time, he trained, he meditated, and he made friends with new people. then it all fell to shit
>>
>>145157794
maybe it was because he thought of his friends in the band of the falcon and their fate in hell.
>>
>>145158002
we don't deserve Rickert
>>
>>145158426
just download all the chapters and make him a reorganized zip file if u want to do it the hard way.
just do it pheggot
>>
>>145163607
That's exactly my plan. I'm already on it.
>>
>>145159398
griffith did not order the hit on rickert tho, it was that spear horse guy.
>>
>>145163729
>implying
Griffith is a god of the apostles, the only apostle that does not follow his every command is the Emperor. Who was literally designed by Godhand to be an opposing force to falseflag the people of Falconia into following Griffith.
You seriously think Griffith wouldn't purge an underling in a second when he is a demigod with a direct line to Godhand, a group of demigods who can see past/present/future at any given time?
If the apostle sent the hit on Rick, Griffith knew about it and made a choice to ignore it. Which is exactly the same as putting the hit out himself.
Don't kid yourself into believing Griffith has feelings, real feelings.
He was a sociopath before he was tainted and now he is beyond such things. He wears a mask for whatever particular moment calls.
He even flat out tells Guts that he feels nothing for him, no love, no hate, absolutely nothing, because he is a void.
He wouldn't even fight Guts because that's how little he cares anymore, at least when he was human he would of beaten Guts out of pride alone.
He has no pride, he is a puppet of demons and such things are beneath him.
>>
>>145163943
there must be a reason as to why he chose to call the new mercenary band after his old one. there is a shred of humanity on him, even if he doesn't realize it himself. even how he goes and talks to both guts and rickert after his resurrection was as if he really needed to get his "feelings" off his chest. it was not needed of him to talk to them, it was not needed of him to talk to rickert, he could just say "i don't know you" and be done with it, people would believe it, rickert was just a nobody on the band of the falcon.
so yeah, maybe he knew about the hit adn did nothing to stop it, but it doesn't disprove that there is something human inside of him. even the most insane people have times when they revert to a "good" state, even if just for seconds.
>>
>>145164272
The Band of the Hawk was already famous and idolized. That's why he kept the name.
>>
File: image.jpg (69KB, 537x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69KB, 537x400px
>>
>>145164402
famous and idolized as traitors
>>
>>145164272

The reason why he named his new mercenary band after the old one is because HE is the fucking falcon. The mercenary band is named after him, not out of some sense of obligation to his dead comrades. If anything Griffith respects their sacrifice for him obtaining power. I wouldn't call him "good", the result of his actions are benign but he is still a demon ruler.
>>
>>145164488
What are you talking about? Most of the people still considered them heroes for everything they had done. It's clear as fucking day in the manga.
>>
>>145161938
goddamn

considering how crazy the first eclipse was, imagine one where all of falconia gets sacrificed. shit's gonna be bonkers
>>
>>145161849
the part that confuses me a bit is what you said
>Griffith was trying to warn Guts to run away before it was too late, his last actual human act

but intermediately after he gets turned into femto he hurts guys in the most cruel way possible
>>
>>145164559
im not calling him good, more like "human" as he is not an emotionless robot. he still is able to feel emotions, even if he rarely does it. also, funny that you are attacking my stupid band of the falcon shit but not that he spoke to rickert two fucking times after his resurrection. tell me that it was necessary for him, apart from an emotional basis, to talk to them.
>>
>>145164730
It's basically what Ganishka did. Except the apostles being the ones consuming everything. They'd flip their shit when their beloved demon heroes started ripping the shit out of them.
>>
>>145164816
didn't griffith himself say that he wanted to make sure he'd feel no regrets by talking to them?
>>
>>145164943
isn't the fact that he went to talk to them evidence of regret in itself?
but what about the second meeting?
dunno, you got me there m8, i think i lost, grifith is a piece of shit with no humanity on him
>>
File: 1468227878888.webm (3MB, 948x400px) Image search: [Google]
1468227878888.webm
3MB, 948x400px
>>145162321
>>
>>145164816

Griffith's underlings already knew who Rickert was while they were enroute to his kingdom. Rickert had proof, by means of his emblem, that he was part of the original band of the hawk. Reread chapter 333. No reason for Griffith to deny something that was already proven to his soldiers.

Of course Griffith isn't emotionless, but he is driven by his ambitions above all else. Griffith is aware of the attack on Rickert after their discussion but he simply does not care to stop it. He is indifferent to anything that doesn't help him achieve his goals.
>>
File: 1468228001869.webm (3MB, 944x400px) Image search: [Google]
1468228001869.webm
3MB, 944x400px
>>
>>145164272
>something human inside of him
Anon, this is solely because he lives in a human body. He is currently limited to it, but he knows better in his head and in his "soul" that he is not actually human anymore. He has a job to do, his job is to eventually sacrifice as many people as possible for whatever reason the Godhand has, that is his only true purpose.
Because Godhand stated quite clearly at the start of the manga, all things require an equal sacrifice.
Griffith's original sacrifice was BoH and that gained him near infinite power. His actual dream though was his own country, his own people to rule. What kind of power would he get for sacrificing an entire empire?
Just because he might have a few "human" feelings due to being in a human body doesn't change the fact he is now hellspawn incarnate.
It's like the Pennwise the clown, the clown is actually shapeless and formless, but when it takes a form it has the same weaknesses as said form. Such as a werewolf being weak to silver or a vampire to garlic.
When Griffith dies in this human body it doesn't matter if he apologized to Guts and begged for his forgiveness and genuinely meant it. Because he will turn back to The Godhand member Femento incarnate.
Everything bad that happens in Guts world that is unnatural is usually caused by Godhand. Every war, religion, x, y, and z is a chess piece that Godhand has moved there to further their goals.
It could be said that even Guts their biggest (or most current enemy) was chosen to cross paths with the band of the hawk simply because Godhand knew that he would be such a powerful military leader and fighter he would help Griffith win many battles and get closer to his dream.
The way Godhand acts, they think of themselves as literal gods having omnipotence.
Nothing happens in Berserk that they did not account for.
Which is pretty fucked up, because I do not know how the writer is going to deus ex machina his way out of this shit.
>>
File: Ganishka anger.jpg (59KB, 563x379px) Image search: [Google]
Ganishka anger.jpg
59KB, 563x379px
>>145154620
Guts only set up the circumstances. Griffith still had agency in regards to not accepting the sacrifice of his comrades in his heart and finalizing the ritual.

Griffith was only ever gracious when he was able to outmatch or exert some form of control over others and became bitter and resentful when that was taken from him. That's the whole point of him throwing his husk of a body on Casca in the carriage, and raping her during the eclipse, trying to reassert himself despite the futility, and then doing so with his newfound power as Femto as that was the only way he could again assert his superiority over Guts since he was obviously outclassed by him as a normal man in regards to martial prowess even before he was tortured into being an invalid.

His drive and ambition to never stop trying to rise above his station in a feudal society where upward mobility is often taboo if not unheard of was admirable and took a lot of skill and force of will, but that he was willing to do something so horrid to achieve it shows it's not for any desire other than his own enrichment.

Same with Falconia. While it may be a "bastion", it's only so Griffith can continue to be the God-King hero and be lauded and loved by all. The second any of it stopped serving his sense of self-importance then he'd be over it in a heartbeat.
>>
>>145165108
I don't remember, does she get pregnant?
>>
>>145165421
better, she gets griffith raped
>>
>>145154620
I think Miura should have Guts kill Casca out of regret and play the bad guy which is out to destroy Falconia and expose Griffith
>>
>>145159964
Are you a Griffith admirer? I don't see the angle you're coming from.
>>
>>145165421
No, or at the very least, no pregnancy continues or is acknowledged by anyone.
>>
>>145164801
Simply put Anon, sorry for the religious statement coming.
>temptation comes from our own desires
Griffith is obsessed with his dream, I'm not talking just a little obsessed either.
He has assassinated, raped a princess (sorta), betrayed fellow armies, he will do anything to achieve his goals.
The Godhand designed the amulets to awaken when their wearer is most desperate.
I don't remember the dogfaced guy, but his awakened when he was alone in a tower also dying of old age or some shit (the dude who led the black dogs) he was so desperate that he sold his soul for immortality.
I digress, Griffith did love his band and loved Guts above all others.
However when Godhand tempted him with real power, power that he could never equal (especially now with his arms and legs useless and his tongue cut out) he gave his soul to them via sacrificing the band.
At this point he is a demon, which is why he rapes Casca in front of Guts. he is purely evil, there is no good in him.
>>
>>145165421
No, its been long enough that we'd know if she was.
>>
>>145165618
its beginning to look more and more like caska is gonna die, either by suicide or by guts. that wolf alter ego of guts is gonna fuse with his mind and he might become a dark griffith
>>
>>145154620
>2016
>still reading this edgy "deep" garbage
>>
>>145165743
fuck off to your burrito and fair tats
>>
>>145165731
No it isn't. Miura wouldn't make us wait this long for that to be the pay off.
>>
>>145165832
But that is the pay off. Guts discarding his emotional baggage and realizing his revenge is the best pay off.
>>
File: Silat thumbs down.jpg (90KB, 406x247px) Image search: [Google]
Silat thumbs down.jpg
90KB, 406x247px
Not related to the OP question, and maybe it's because I'm still fairly new to the series, but is there any reason beyond "exotic" that it seems that Kushan warriors for the most part seem to punk the fuck out of your average Midland/Chuder soldier?
>>
>>145165832
he is gonna do some edgy shit though, we saw from the latest update that he is still having regrets about stopping his chase for retribution.
>>
>>145165922
We only see the Bakiraka clan fucking people up. We never really see regular Kushan fighting.
>>
>>145166001
He doesn't regret not going after Griffith. He said that he only made it this far by forgetting his obsession for revenge.
>>
>>145166044
i think he is thinking about the results of what he has done now. He will be presented with a choice later, where he will have to choose to live happily on elf island, or to just go and murder the cunt.
>>
>>145166173
Why not both?
>>
Is this song overrated?
https://youtu.be/NkYYYew8CUI
>>
>>145166360
rules of berserk say that it probably is neither. elf island is gonna get fucked by griffith and guts is going to fail
>>
>>145166380
no of course not

this might be though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocQ6PDiP014
>>
>>145166440
Good song for a wacky comedy where a bunch of 20-something americans go for a drug and sex filled trip in Europe.
>>
>>145166173
well even now, it seems like he at least needs to stop griffith's plan since the world tree is fucking everything up

without necessarily murdering his faggot ass
>>
File: 1470018880561.png (15KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1470018880561.png
15KB, 500x500px
>>145165356
Could Ganishka have killed Femto had he not lost all touch with himself upon becoming Shiva, or was he inferior in power-tier to Femto even then?
>>
Whoa my thread is still alive hours later

I feel special

(OP here)
>>
>>145167139
Inferior in power. I mean, if he stepped on Femto or hit him directly with one of his arms he'd probably be dead but Femto's power level is pretty high. His powers are multidimensional after all. He made Skull Knight's sword slash go around him and directly into Ganishka and he crushed all those Apostles into a tiny ball when he finished raping Casca and Skull Knight was coming to the rescue. Ganishka was mostly mindless at that point and any attacks were just reactionary instead of with an intent. Even so, Ganishka was pretty much immortal at that moment and it'd take divine intervention or some serious magic to have killed him if it wasn't for Skull Knight and Femto.
>>
>>145167139
Femto was probably pretty weak compared to Shiva, but since he was just so fucking big there was no way he would be able to touch a flying Femto.
>>
File: Berserk_v17_p186.png (332KB, 1206x1800px) Image search: [Google]
Berserk_v17_p186.png
332KB, 1206x1800px
>>145154620
Guts kind of agrees that it's his fault that things turned out the way they did.
>>
>>145167642
What would've happened if Guts stayed with the Band till the Eclipse?

Would Griffith have become King? Would Casca have even fallen in love with him?
>>
File: Berserk_v35c314p12-13.png (1MB, 2560x1842px) Image search: [Google]
Berserk_v35c314p12-13.png
1MB, 2560x1842px
Are you ready for the jokes and puns in the battles after the exposition arc?
>>
>>145167774
Griffith wouldn't have snapped, wouldn't have fucked Charlotte, wouldn't have gotten tortured, which means no Eclipse.
>>
>>145167898
But the Eclipse was fated to happen no matter what, it's just a matter of if the circumstances leading to Griffith sacrificing everyone would still be the same or not.

Would he even make the choice as a King?
>>
>>145167864
I don't remember that line and I just read through that chapter a couple hours ago. Is that supposed to be the official translation?
>>
>>145158079
Bad idea imo, for a few reasons
1 - Within Golden Age itself, there aren't really that many supernatural occurrences (Behelit, Zodd, Skull Knight, the brief Apostle cameos), causing the eclipse itself to feel somewhat out of left field, whereas with Black Swordsman arc preceding it we are already familiar with the concepts of the God Hand, sacrifice, causality, and the brand.
2. It messes with how Guts's character is presented. The Guts we see in Black Swordsman is his base narrative state; Golden Age shows us what he was like before that and what led him to become the way he is, and everything after that is him developing as a character and reverting a bit to the way he was before, losing the edge he had gained, which is meaningful.
3. Golden Age is meant to be read with the nagging thought in the back of your head that Griffith is an asshole who's going to ruin everything. Reading without knowing beforehand that he becomes Femto colors your perception of him in a way in which it's not intended to be colored. Griffith becoming crippled is supposed to be the turning point where you start to understand how it came to be that he became Femto.
>>
File: Berserk_v39c345p13.png (736KB, 1098x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Berserk_v39c345p13.png
736KB, 1098x1600px
>>145168064
It's evil-genius

I just checked their site and apparently they're gonna get some higher quality scans with mangastream from now on.
>>
>>145167864
I'm betting it'll be great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26TMY4sSgbs
>>
I can't believe how awful the new TV series is
>>
>>145169245
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3r91JrzW4w
>>
does/did griffith have a gay crush on guts?
>>
>>145169580
Didn't you?
>>
>>145168454
yeah its like watching the prequels in star wars before the OT. the point of the prequels is you already know that anakin is darth vader, and you get to see how he became it.
>>
>>145169580
He still does
>>
>>145169245
Eh. I'm not sure if the CG is getting better between episodes or if I'm just getting used to it, but I'm just happy to see more of the story animated (Even if they are jumping straight to Tower of Conviction and apparently skipping the Count and Lost Children)
>>
>>145169580

>already fucked a dude
>those soulless eyes when fucking Charlotte

Oh yeah. Hardcore gay. Even if he did stay, Guts would never be down for that since he was blacked in the past against his will.
>>
>>145167957
>But the Eclipse was fated to happen no matter what,
Then Guts was fated to trigger Griffith's downfall
>>
>>145154620
>Isn't it Guts fault that Griffith turned into Femto?

Not really, as it was Griffith's own choices that brought him that low and destroyed his dreams.

It's his own fault for losing his mind when his favorite boy toy left.
>>
>>145169872
and the whole point of berserk is guts is trying to defy fate. clearly its possible (the godhand do it), guts' current fate is to eventually die and spend an eternity in hell, i believe miura wont let it end like that (said something like that in an interview, that it wont have an overly grim ending)
>>
File: Berserk_v04_p177.png (203KB, 1219x1800px) Image search: [Google]
Berserk_v04_p177.png
203KB, 1219x1800px
>>145169857
He seemed pretty okay with it at first.
>>
>>145165108
>>145165163

I just now realized Griffith doesn't kiss her on the lips almost the entire time.

He's like a prostitute.
>>
>>145170253
Yeah.."like"
>>
>>145170253

He kisses her before they fuck though
>>
>>145170253
He curls up and cries afterwards. Dude hated every second of it.
>>
>>145170325
I would too
>>
>>145169580
Obviously. Everyone does though.
>>
>>145165915
That would completely run counter to the entire theme of the story. The struggle to move past his desire for revenge is how he's begun to find peace. He completely regrets leaving Casca behind to go chase revenge. His anger and hate IS his emotional baggage.
>>
>>145165922
The Bakiraka are elite soldiers and assassins, they'd punk just about every average soldier. The white people got dominated because they're fragmented and were fighting with each other. The Kushans are just a much larger unified force.

And when conventional means fail, they have demons, monsters and wizards, plus their emperor is an apostle.
>>
>>145154620
No.

Griffith had the Egg since before Guts. Femto was going to happen no matter what. There is a reason why Zodd didn't kill him. It was fate for Femto to exist.
>>
>>145170890

This is the correct answer, no matter which path or which choices they made, ultimately they would have all led to the eclipse.
>>
>>145161905
If Casca knew that she was pregnant from having sex with Guts earlier, it would have made the rape times worse. We don't know that for certain though, other than one panel where she's feeling her tummy.
>>
>>145154833
>it was already destiny that Griffith was going to be Femto. This has been foreshadowed and emphasized way before.

how
>>
The thing Griff did wrong was rape Casca. That's it.
>>
I'd like to think that even now, Griffith is motivated by his desire to stand as an equal to Guts. That's why he won't give up on his dream, that's why he did all the shit he did.
>>
>>145154620
>ywn be a demon God living in medieval world of anime qts you can rape and torture and eat alive with your insane lovecraftian demon tentacles and orifices and penis ruling mortals and commanding the dead

y liv
>>
>>145154620
>And in his head he didn't want guts to touch him because he knew it would trigger the behelit
No one knew what the behelit was for.

>And furthermore isn't it Guts fault the age of darkness was brought?
>The demons only went into the world because 2 of the needed sacrifices escaped, and
No. The apostles were already there but relatively hidden (to the story).

>...causality and fate demanded they be sacrificed at any cost.
Fate cannot exist if causality is real.

>Griffith is doing his best to protect humanity from what Guts ultimately caused.
You`re retarded.

>But he can't bring himself to kill guts or Casca himself.
He doesn`t care about either of them enough to recognize them as a threat or even kill them.

I like Femto but the only reason he was able to become a demon king was because he did something very fucking wrong. You`re shitposting or plain insane if you think otherwise.
>>
File: 19832.png (87KB, 395x239px) Image search: [Google]
19832.png
87KB, 395x239px
>>145171693
>giving the slut who's been lusting after your cock for years your cock is wrong
>>
>>145172015
the manga makes it plain as day that fate and casuality are the same shit for the god hand. it is something they use to further their plans
>>
>>145171830
It is the other way around.
Guts wanted to be an equal to Femto but Femto was conflicted over his dream and what he felt for Guts was strong enough for his dream to be washed away.
The conflict was literally because Femto considered no one to be his equal and yet he was having those thoughts about Guts.
So in an attempt to prove to himself that Guts meant nothing, he made a choice that would, in his eyes, guarantee his kingdom.
>>
>>145172320
have the end of the series come, guts has killed all the apostles and is standing in front of femto.
and femto just starts having a tantrum because Guts just wouldn't stop being relevant
>>
>>145158002
he doesn't even punch, but SLAPS him. he da real mvp
>>
>>145171663
the behelits find their owner, its predestined, and particularly with the crimson one the eclipse WILL happen and it will happen with a predestined person. the whole point of guts existence is he wants to defy fate
>>
>>145170651
This.

>>145172264
It doesn`t make sense because they are contradictory. Either they have some control of fate or they can predict causality.
I don`t think they have control of fate.
>>
>>145172781
if you can predict causality, you can control fate. you can pick an option thats best for you. i mean you could say in some roundabout way that its fate that they picked said option, but they are the only ones who can see what all of the options lead to.
>>
>>145171663
http://berserk.wikia.com/wiki/Idea_of_Evil
>>
>>145172781
they are not contradictory in this setting. from what i understand their manupilation of casuality leads to fate. and/or fate shapes the events of casuality to give in to what is beneficial to the god hand
>>
>>145172888
>>145172858
That is the case but Skull Knight, Guts and Caska exist.
Whatever is the way they use to predict causality, the three of them are unpredictable, thus fate cannot exist.
>>
>>145173030
maybe it is connected to them being branded
that is the thing the three of them have in common
(not sure if skull knight is branded, i know it is heavily implied though)
>>
>>145173030
Skull Knight and Void both say that Guts and Casca are too part of causality.
>>
>>145168616
that panel poses a great question. after all he took it from another apostle. he probably isn't its final destination, but then who?
>>
>>145154620
>Isn't it Guts fault that Griffith turned into Femto? It seemed Griffith was trying to off himself due to his current state. And in his head he didn't want Guts to touch him because he knew it would trigger the behelit.
No, I don't think that's the case. Guts did not force Griffith at any point. Griffith made independent choices all the time. Of course it happened "because of Guts", but there's no way he could be deemed responsible for Griffith's actions. The suicide attempt is kind of irrelevant. This single action too is Griffith's choice and responsibility. The actions that led up to this weren't Guts fault. If anything, Guts is "guilty of" saving Griffith's life, but there's nothing wrong with being humane.

>And furthermore isn't it Guts fault the age of darkness was brought? The demons only went into the world because 2 of the needed sacrifices escaped, and causality and fate demanded they be sacrificed at any cost. And now Falconia is the last bastion preventing demons from killing humanity. Griffith is doing his best to protect humanity from what Guts ultimately caused. But he can't bring himself to kill guts or Casca himself.
Sorry, but your argument is just a very bad attempt at shifting responsibilities. Any living being may struggle to stay alive. There's nothing wrong with that.

Also, it's false to claim that the apostles went into the world like this. Did you read the manga properly? The eclipse merely gathered them in a single spot. All of them have been around before. Remember the campfire events and the individual backstories of several apostles. They turned at some point. They gathered for the eclipse. They dispersed again later.

Sorry, but you argue in vain. Miura didn't create a realistic story. He wanted a good/bad dichotomy. He shows us, the readers, that it's Griffith who deceives.

Griffith did everything wrong.
>>
>>145170325
Can you blame him? He wanted to CLANG the sweet sweet Guts butts.
>>
File: 01.jpg (387KB, 1081x1600px) Image search: [Google]
01.jpg
387KB, 1081x1600px
>>145165922

Just like >>145170799 said.

>That feel when burly, armor clad Europeans get owned by skinny Indians in rags.
>>
File: 02.jpg (1MB, 2133x1579px) Image search: [Google]
02.jpg
1MB, 2133x1579px
>>
File: 03.jpg (574KB, 1091x1600px) Image search: [Google]
03.jpg
574KB, 1091x1600px
>>
File: 04.jpg (527KB, 1094x1600px) Image search: [Google]
04.jpg
527KB, 1094x1600px
>>
File: 05.jpg (511KB, 1089x1600px) Image search: [Google]
05.jpg
511KB, 1089x1600px
>>
File: 06.jpg (496KB, 1092x1600px) Image search: [Google]
06.jpg
496KB, 1092x1600px
>>
>>145156858
Griffith is literally leading them around. Even fucking Zodd bent knee.
>>
>>145177793
I love how Guts just casually strolls in and cuts them all in half.
>>
File: ch83descent3.jpg (181KB, 750x553px) Image search: [Google]
ch83descent3.jpg
181KB, 750x553px
>>145171663
>>
>>145167642
You're a fucking idiot, he was referring to when he himself left for 2 years. Griffith was gonna be a cunt regardless, he was a moody teenage girl.
>>
File: Berserk_v17_p191.png (381KB, 1225x1800px) Image search: [Google]
Berserk_v17_p191.png
381KB, 1225x1800px
>>145178016
Ayyy
>>
>>145164559
The results of his action is going to be a death toll well past fucking Three Kingdoms Era China as a sacrifice.
>>
>>145172061
>giving unwanted dick to the girl who figurres you're too good for her and gets with your polar opposite
>>
>Was it Guts' fault Griffith said the words "I sacrifice" fully knowing he would kill all of the people who considered him a friend with that?

Stop browsing /a/ Griffith, nobody falls for your shit and Falconia is another bullshit move of you as well.
>>
>>145172772
this is why im worried about puck saying that the behelit is his
>>
>>145179292
I think Puck is just fucking around since he made his home in the same pouch Guts keeps the Behelit in.
>>
>>145177964
>>145172878
Miura removed the chapter where the Idea of Evil explains everything for a reason. When he last talked about it, it was in 2009 when everyone already had access to the chapter online; he'd have just said "yeah nevermind, I'm 100% sure it's canon" if that were the case. As of now he's still not sure how he'll end up describing the IoE's exact role.

On the other hand, it's also unlikely Berserk will even end.
>>
>>145179422
>Berserk as a manga sustains Miura's life until it's complete
>every hiatus is his petty rebellion before it drags him back to his ultimate task
>>
>>145179336
Puck fed the thing, talked with it, etc. for years now.
It is either Puck or Morda.
>>
>>145180028
>Morda
I'm surprised I didn't consider this. I guess I was really sold on the idea of her joining the Guts party.
>>
>>145180082
I want her to join the party too and have some hot sex with Serpico but she has stated her wish a couple of times now.
>>
>>145180988
It'd be great if some girl relieved that sexual tension between him and Farnese already.
>>
>>145157032
It'd be awesome if they made Zodd playable for just a little bit..
>>
>>145181244
Stupid idiot had the chance to escape with her and have hot kinky sex, but no cuh incest.
>>
>>145167898
That doesn't mean it wouldn't happen regardless. The fact he was the owner of the Crimson Behelit implies it was an inevitability, as told by Zodd.
>>
>>145181756
Well the last thing they'd need is some deformed incest baby all things considered.
Thread posts: 198
Thread images: 37

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.