[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | | Home]

Tales Of Zestiria The X

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 307
Thread images: 73

So how are the sales for this anime?

Is Mikleo gay?
>>
I would like to know
>>
File: Lailah.jpg (200KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Lailah.jpg
200KB, 1920x1080px
Yes (to both). Lailah a best.
>>
>>145146155
Zestiria will have a late release so pre-orders will be deceiving.
>>
>>145146155
>So how are the sales for this anime?
We don't know yet

>Is Mikleo gay?
Yes
>>
>>145146354
This.

>>145146155
Fuck you for making another thread when there's nothing of relevance to discuss and it'll just devolve into that same cancer as last threads. I hope the mods fuck you over.
>>
File: burn.jpg (86KB, 540x478px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
burn.jpg
86KB, 540x478px
Sonic or Shadow, Zesty Bears?
>>
Berseria demo SOON
>>
>>145147100
I hope Velvet actually ends up in Zestiria time period so she can bully Sorey
>>
File: Lailah santa.jpg (104KB, 599x668px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Lailah santa.jpg
104KB, 599x668px
>>145147100
Lailah.
>>
>>145146155
Is this gay?
>>
File: ceres.jpg (175KB, 600x1000px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
ceres.jpg
175KB, 600x1000px
>>145147621
Ceres
>>
>>145147935

No
>>
File: 1470082392481.jpg (209KB, 500x500px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1470082392481.jpg
209KB, 500x500px
>>145146155
I'm still mad.
It was supposed to be world building : the game
And we only had aborted plot ideas and thematics.
Celestial record going from Biblical scripture talking about past civilization to ruins guidebook halfway through
Sheperds going from literal messiah to nothing at all
Malevolence from vices/sins feeding supernatural demons bringing relative misery to whatever it just spawned a huge dragon rofl
At least the music was good and Lailah and Edna were top tier
>>
>>145148188
It's fucking disheartening to read the guidebook because when you do you can see exactly where the game went wrong.

Like wasting too much time on stopping that fucking war.
Then there's also the fact that far more interesting shit was going on in other continents.
>>
>>145147935
Two boys hold hands at the end.
>>
File: 2015-11-22_00016.jpg (323KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
2015-11-22_00016.jpg
323KB, 1920x1080px
>>145146354
>>
File: 2015-11-29_00003.jpg (286KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
2015-11-29_00003.jpg
286KB, 1920x1080px
Alisha pls
>>
File: 1461050442010.gif (68KB, 223x250px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1461050442010.gif
68KB, 223x250px
>>145148398
Oh god that fucking war. It was believable at first but as it went on and nothing happened instead of that bassin. It could have been resolved half way through just after Zaveid joined but I guess doing useless shit was more important.
Also I was really expecting a lot of the idea of the burden of being a sheperd and having magic and shit scaring of the population but that was so inconsequential.
>>145148602
Alisha a cute
A CUTE
>>
File: alisha (5).jpg (229KB, 1024x1256px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
alisha (5).jpg
229KB, 1024x1256px
>>145148602
>>
>>145147935
It's asexual.
>>
So are we gonna see Berseria characters other than Velvet in this anime?
>>
File: 1446239161141.jpg (134KB, 433x480px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1446239161141.jpg
134KB, 433x480px
>>145148798
>Book skirt
>>
File: 56243826_p0.png (276KB, 600x800px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
56243826_p0.png
276KB, 600x800px
>>145148798
He's even in the OP with Sorey.
>>
>>145146155
I still can't get over the fact that Miyu Matsuki is dead. I keep wanting to hear her voice whenever Lailah speaks in the anime and then it's the other girl, who's not bad, but it's just not the same.
>>
>>145148798
It's like someone combined Elise and Tipo.
>>
>>
File: 57923305_p21.png (350KB, 770x700px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
57923305_p21.png
350KB, 770x700px
>>145148880
Isn't it great, now all we need is a skit or two about bazongas.
>>
File: 1231231323.jpg (299KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1231231323.jpg
299KB, 1920x1080px
Smiling Velvet is a gift from the Gods. A shame she is a brooding edgelord in the actual game.
>>
>>145148743
Not even half way through the whole thing could have been solved in the first 8 hours of the game, but instead it dragged its feet wasting time with shit that didn't matter, and making shit last longer than it actually needed to.

It could have been resolved long before Zaveid even joined. In fact stopping it should have been Sorey's first priority.
>>
>>145149017
She's not smiling, she's thinking of murder
>>
File: 1470082525306.jpg (507KB, 705x760px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1470082525306.jpg
507KB, 705x760px
>>145149221
It could, but I felt it was part of the "Sheperd isn't supposed to take care in human affairs. He's supposed to fight the Lord of calamity" Lailah was spouting all day long,so drawing out of the conflict would have been a sound choice if you wanted to make Sorey part of that super human odyssey above vain things such as politics and power.
Sadly it seems it was too much to stick with a plan so we had a shit war never impacting the world that just ended with a cool bossfight and a messiah moment that was quite far of what I felt the game was going for at the beginning. I thought Shepherd dealt with malevolence and nothing else.
>>
>Peasant arrives in town.
>Immediately gets a girlfriend.
Dropped.
>>
>>145146155

Unsurprisingly lousy by the looks of it but the franchises old catalog seems to be getting a moderate boost.. Can't wait for people to shitpost the crap out of Berseria probably on /a/ even though it should be on /v/ no matter what it sells first week cause you know that whole Zestiria blow up that most people barely understand anyway and just copy/paste rants about from tumblr
>>
>>145149596
She's not a peasant, she's a paid assassin

Well the difference being one's a job and the other's mental illness
>>
>>145149649
The MC is the peasant.
>>
>>145147977

Is it me or does she kind of bear more than a passing resemblance to that Eleanor character in Bereria.
>>
>>145149596
Nah, she just sees an easy target.
>>
>>145149537
>It could, but I felt it was part of the "Sheperd isn't supposed to take care in human affairs.
Which would have been fine if it wasn't bullshit.
>The Shepherd’s Mission

>Originally, the Shepherd was only meant to complete the relationship between humans and seraphim, and they were not involved with malevolence or hellions. However, during the time known as the Era of Maotelus, many Shepherds across various places took up arms against hellions, and calmed the malevolence. Those people who made contracts with Maotelus’ Sub Lords, whom were able to use the power of purification, were able to wield that power as well. Shepherds were then expected to shield the people from malevolence and hellions, and it became their mission to purify malevolence. The details about those who became Shepherds vary, however if there are people who saved the world in secret too, there are also those who lost their lives along the way, and those who broke their contract and quit being the Shepherd. It is also said that there have been Shepherds who have become corrupted with malevolence, at which time all of their contracted seraphim have turned into dragons.
~From the official Guidebook

So yeah Lailah's whole "Shepherds shouldn't be involved in human affairs and Sorey should only focus on fighting the Lord of Calamity" is actually bunch of bullshit. Especially if you stop to think about it for 5 minutes and realize that a lot of the problems in the game are actually things that you can solve, but because Lailah doesn't believe that you should give a shit you don't do anything. Ironically, in reality fighting Hedalf isn't a part Sorey's duty as a Shepherd, but bridging the gap between humans and seraphim was, which can yes include stopping a war, is because it was getting in the way of human and seraphim relations.
>>
>>145149690
I love how dere for Velvet Eleanor becomes after hanging out with the gang for a while. I could almost expect her to call Velvet onee-sama by the end.
>>
>>145150080

>>145149537
cont.
Not to forget the fact that Lailah may have unintentionally played a role in why things went to shit to begin with.
>Era of the Three Countries - decades ago - The Hyland Kingdom, the Rolance Empire, and the northern power divided the continent in three and warred for dominance. The Church of Seraphim divided the churches of Hyland and Rolance. // The Shepherd Michael secluded himself at the latter end of his journey. He founded Camlann, and wrote and published the Celestial Record. Within the Rolance Empire, General Heldalf, who would become the Lord of Calamity, flourished. Also, a renaissance movement occurred within Marlind.

She likely treated Michael the same way she did Sorey not allowing him to get involved with humans, when getting involved was what he needed to do.
>>
File: 1446724372832.png (121KB, 680x468px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1446724372832.png
121KB, 680x468px
i want to defilah the lailah
>>
So is this an anime of the game's story or a prequel/sequel/whatever?
>>
>Zestiria anime way better than the game
>So much plot and development
What, it's the same pretty much.
>UFOTABLE SO GOOD ANIMATION AND FIGHTS!!!
Oh, that's why.
>>
File: 1458597058305.jpg (77KB, 384x384px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1458597058305.jpg
77KB, 384x384px
>>145150080
>>145150156
Fair point. I didn't get that feeling from what the game was going for but that makes sense. The whole concept of malevolence and seraphim went to shit halfway as well to that must not have helped. Maybe the accent on fighting Heldalf was too much, especially since he is for all there is, a super powerful helion but not very much. He doesn't seem to be the literal source of malevolance since his apparition was 20 years old but is presented like Satan or Ganondorf.
Malevolenec was such a mess but going by the guidebook it doesn't seem to be that dragon spawning magical power (Or else France would have spawned one during the Euro cup finale), and if Sheperds were indeed intended to be Religious that have contact with Seraphim, then yeah Lailah was fucking retarded.
>>
So i heard they ship Alisha and Rose in the anime, is that really true?
>>
>>145151084
We don't know yet, but she tried to kill Alisha twice. It's starting to look some twisted form of foreplay.
>>
>>145151084
Based on the OP/ED, they're pretty much getting a relationship overhaul in some way because their relationship was only a thing in the DLC.
>>
>>145151221
Attempted murder and death threats are great ways to get in pacifistic princess pussy.
>>
>>
>>145149690
She does. I first I thought it was her but Eleanor is a human and Ceres is a Malak.
>>
File: alisha rose0.jpg (56KB, 600x708px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
alisha rose0.jpg
56KB, 600x708px
>>
>>145150743
It makes a hell of a lot more sense than what the game went with. Especially since Sorey was raised by one of the great lords who was around before Maotelus contracted a bunch of lower seraphim and changed the purpose of the Shepherd. Therefore it makes sense that a Seraphim on par with Maotelus would have raised a Shepherd with their original purpose in mind, because he realized what was really needed. Lailah thinks that Shepherds are only for getting rid of malevolence because that's what she was told by Maotelus. It would have been a great character moment for her and probably also Edna, and Dezel to find out the original purpose of the Shepherd. Although I don't think that Rose would really fit in without major character development.

The story really should have focused more on Sorey and his dream, because looking at the guidebook that's where 90% of the story and the twists were. Hedalf just really wasn't important in the grand scheme of things, and really neither was Maotelus, hence why the game suffered from them having too much focus, and yes it's usage of malevolence didn't help.
>>
File: alisha rose.png (42KB, 250x200px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
alisha rose.png
42KB, 250x200px
>>
>>145146155
Mikleo wants to be inside of Sorey, you tell me.
>>
File: alisha rose0.png (21KB, 250x98px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
alisha rose0.png
21KB, 250x98px
>>145152031
>>
>>145150211
I want to marry her.
>>
File: 1444763902874.png (450KB, 500x757px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1444763902874.png
450KB, 500x757px
>>
File: alisha rose6.png (282KB, 582x566px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
alisha rose6.png
282KB, 582x566px
>>
>>145153032
She would be a perfect mother. I want to make her a mom.
>>
>>145149017

Next episode can't come soon enough.
>>
>>145155365
The Velvet Bird flies not by flapping its wing, but by lifting itself off the air through a continuous shout of the word ARTORIOOOOOOOOUS
>>
>>145155365
>>145155579
>>
Berseria got a point knocked off because the story made the reviewer uncomfortable.
>>
>>145151221
She seems to be taking Alisha's personality way too personally

HOW DARE YOU BE NOBLE AND SELFLESS DIE AAAAAAAAAAAAHRHRHRHR
>>
>>145156213
You know what's funny. Alisha might seem naive and whatnot, but she already has all the corrupted politicians and their schemes figured out, and is well informed and aware of the risks of her decisions and actions. Rose, on the other hand, claims to be the more mature and having the moral high ground but ends up acting like a little girl and becoming a pawn to said corrupted politicians.

All in all, the anime staff does seem to know what they're doing.
>>
>>145156526
You know what's scary? Rose doesn't get corrupted so long as she thinks she's doing good

So she might have killed like a fuckton of innocent people but it doesn't matter because she thinks she did the right thing
>>
>>145156590
But considering how the anime is setting up both characters, and clearly portraying Alisha in a better light than Rose, I think that when they get to interact with each other, Rose will get called out on her bullshit. I don't think the anime will validate what she's doing, not after almost killing Alisha under the corrupted politicians' orders. That's too much of a blunder for the series to brush off.
>>
This question must've been asked a xillion times already but where is the anime taking place ?.THe game itself, before or after ?
>>
>>145157062
It's just the game with shit changed plus a random Velvet.
>>
>>145157062
Modified retelling of the game with Velvet and Berseria jammed in for advertising.
>>
Apparently episode 0 just came out dubbed.

Mostly same dubbed cast as game.
>>
>>
>>145157783
>Mostly same dubbed cast as game.
Who's out?
I hope it's Meebo. I felt he was by far the worst.
>>
>>145157788
That doesn't mean she's free of sin, you know. In fact, just go away, Alishafag.
>>
File: 1444482514097.png (591KB, 908x727px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1444482514097.png
591KB, 908x727px
>>145157783
>Mostly same dubbed cast as game.
>>
File: 1435967722416.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1435967722416.gif
2MB, 480x270px
>>145157871
>Alishafag
Why do Rosefags always get so buttblasted?

Also I'm a Mikleofag.
>>
File: zestiria dub cast.png (18KB, 556x275px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
zestiria dub cast.png
18KB, 556x275px
>>145157835
Mikleo's voice may or may not be different. His voice actor could be using an alias since there's no info on the actor listed here.

Sorey, Alisha, Lailah, Edna, Dezel, Zaveid, and Symonne have the same voices from the English game though.
>>
>>145146354
SoreyxLailah when
>>
>>145157988
Because they don't like or when people realize that their waifu is shit.
>>
>>145157991
It's fine even if he is back. Most of the main cast was decent with a couple of great performances that had the benefit of an amazing translation Lailah.

It's when you steer away from the main cast where things go south. But that pretty much happens in every fucking English dub ever.
>>
File: 1450551222230.jpg (73KB, 305x400px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1450551222230.jpg
73KB, 305x400px
>>145158061
Never but I would love it if it were to happen.
>>
>>145158061
But Sorey doesn't have an Opedius Complex
>>
>>145158061
>>145159216
>wanting this
>not wanting Lailah inside of you instead
200%_gay.jpg
>>
>>145159331
>There was never a skit where Sorey, Meebo, and Rose accidentally call Lailah mom.
>>
File: 1443969634665.jpg (523KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1443969634665.jpg
523KB, 1280x720px
>>145151651
>>
>>145159331
You don't need that in order to want to fuck Lailah senseless.
>>
>>145151956
How do we fix the plot of thr game, then? Like, what direction would you have had them take?
>>
>>145160652
I'd make Lailah the main heroine and possible romantic interest.

That would get rid of Alishafags, Rosefags, and Fujoshits almost instantly.
>>
File: 23251.png (330KB, 603x748px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
23251.png
330KB, 603x748px
Would it have been better if Mikleo was a girl?
>>
>>145160652
Like I said focus more on Sorey, looking at the guidebook there was a lot more story to tell through him and his dream. For instance there's a lot of shit going on in the other continents that Sorey and Mikleo want to visit, so one way to fix the story would be to actually visit them and fix it.

In order to do that though the story has to first throw away the way how it uses Malevolence or at least acknowledge that the very concept of it is bullshit. I'd make Hedalf a mid-boss and have the whole war solved early like in the first 8 hours of the game, only to reveal that in reality it wasn't nearly as important as we thought it was. The rest of the game would be the characters fixing shit in the world, and rebuilding the bonds between humans and seraphs until the second half where they realize they ultimately get rid of maleveolvence as a concept if they really want to make a difference.

I'd also include new party members from those continents, and would drop both Rose and Alisha since neither of them truly fit. You can literally keep the ending the same with Sorey becoming a seraph, after he successfully wipes the world clean of malevolence.

If you really want a heroine you could just make Mikleo a girl.
>>
Should i bother playing this game?
i enjoyed tales of symphonia a lot
inb4 >>>/v/
>>
>>145161324
no
>>
File: yN93E.gif (100KB, 600x849px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
yN93E.gif
100KB, 600x849px
>>145161257
You mean Mikleo isn't a girl?

But seriously, having Mikleo as a girl would have probably let the game avoid all of the Rose and Alisha drama. Sorey wouldn't seem as autistic.
>>
File: 453.jpg (102KB, 734x614px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
453.jpg
102KB, 734x614px
>>145160650
>you will never fuck Lailah senseless
>>
>>145161579
Fuck this shit. Life isn't worth living.
>>
Who do you think is gonna be the cameo boss in Berseria? I think it'll be a Xillia character.
>>
>>145163237
Also betting on one of them being a Xillia character. I think it's too early to bring out Jude or Milla so maybe Elize?
>>
>>145163291
Why would Jude or Milla be too early as opposed to Elize?
>>
>>145163237
Ludger
>>
>>145163483
Milla because she's already been used in Innocence, I think. Jude because Milla was just used a game or two ago.

I'm somewhat confident on it being one from Xillia, one from Vesperia and possibly one from Symphonia. Vesperia has never been used and Kratos has been the only one from Symphonia and that was all the way back in Vesperia.
>>
>>145163237
Here's the list

Lilith Aileron (Tales of Phantasia)
Cress Albane and Arche Klein (Tales of Eternia)
Garr Kelvin, Farah Oersted and Meredy (Tales of Symphonia)
Reid Hershel, Nanaly Fletcher, Philia Felice and Mint Adenade (Tales of the Abyss)
Dhaos, Shi-zel, Barbatos Goetia and Kraots Aurion (Tales of Vesperia)
Veigue Lungberg, Amber Hearts and Reala (Tales of Graces)
Cress Albane, Mint Adenade, Stahn Aileron and Rutee Katrea (Tales of Xillia 2)
Amber Hearts and Jadeite Hearts (Tales of Innocence R)
Milla Maxwell (Tales of Innocence R)
Hubert Oswell and Pascal (Tales of Hearts R)
Jade Curtiss and Sophie Lhant (Tales of Xillia)
>>
>>145163981
>Jade Curtiss and Sophie Lhant (Tales of Zestiria)
>>
>>145163237
Sorey and Meebo. The explanation is they found an ancient time machine.
>>
>>145149017
>A shame she is a brooding edgelord in the actual game.

She actually isn't.
>>
File: rose alisha2.jpg (322KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
rose alisha2.jpg
322KB, 1200x800px
>>
>>145161257
no
>>
>>145149596
MIUNA
I
U
N
A
>>
I think Velvet would like Sorey if they met under the right circumstances. He's a bit older, but no less pure of heart than Laphicet is.
>>
>>145163981
>no Milla
Come on, the banter would be great
>>
File: 1450540498272.jpg (131KB, 500x863px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1450540498272.jpg
131KB, 500x863px
>>145161309

Bamco wrote it, but it was all side material that was never fully realised. I would play your game, anon.
>>
>The fusion system.
>Finding out about double and triple skills.
>Can only get those if you fought MORE fights on a higher difficulty. If you've been doing one mode since the start you're fucked.
This fucking game is so shit so why am I grinding?
>>
>>145167361
go to NG+ and the enemy tallies will rest
>>
is the game worth getting, cause i'm really digging the anime.
>>
>>145167473
No just watch the anime, and wait for Berseria.
>>
File: taoface.png (107KB, 326x338px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
taoface.png
107KB, 326x338px
>>145167431
You're wonderful.
... Now I have to keep grinding.
>>
>>145166864
If he saw her on the hover board, bet your ass that he'd try to talk to her.
>>
>>145167514
You sure? Cause i'm almost dying for a good Fantasy type RPG right now.
>>
>>145167307
It's fucking sad, especially when you compare it to Abyss which was packed at the seams with shit, and whose side material was just stuff that couldn't fit in the game.
>>
>>145167307
Except removing Alisha probably was never planned until later in development. She was part of the story from the very beginning, her entire existence is basically to give Sorey a human link to the world at large. Why they wrote her out who the fuck knows, but by necessity the story will need human characters other than Sorey and if she's already there you might as well use her.
>>
Do you guys like it better than UBW?
>>
>>145167607
That's my answer. Take it as you will.
>>
>>145167607
>good
Yeah that rules out Zestiria.

>>145167638
>Abyss which was packed at the seams with shit
Most of which was only possible due to the absurd amount of backtracking. Having the exact same NPCs in the exact same cities say different things at different times is way easier than actually creating an expansive world, and people eat that shit up because "muh worldbuilding."
>>
>>145167763
>Most of which was only possible due to the absurd amount of backtracking.
You say that like it's a fucking problem, but in reality it isn't. Who cares if you have revisit the same town?
>>
>>145167644
>Except removing Alisha probably was never planned until later in development
Then the original story was shit. The problem with Alisha is that she actually limits the narrative, and to be honest there's no reason for her to really stay with the party, granted Rose is the same. Alisha seems good on paper but in reality she just drags the story.
>>
>>145167938
There's really no point to this discussion since I can't actually change your mind. People who hate Abyss hate it in part because of the absurd amount of backtracking, people who really like Abyss don't mind it at all. All I can say is backtracking in games is essentially a way to pad out playtime without having to create new content.
>>
>>145167986
They way she's written in the anime, it would make a lot of sense to keep her. She's the one who introduces Sorei to the human world and is also interested in fixing all the shit going on around the world. If you're basing your story in travelling the world doing Shepherd things instead of hunting down the lord of calamity, then keeping Alisha can only improve the story.
>>
>>145167986
She doesn't limit anything? If you assume her motivation is keeping the peace and helping the common people (not a stretch at all), then a natural progression after stopping a war and finding out that's not the real big bad problem endangering mankind is to just tag along and try to solve the next problem plaguing humanity. This isn't even a huge jump in logic, it's pretty standard jrpg fare.
>>
>>145168178
>They way she's written in the anime, it would make a lot of sense to keep her.
But the anime is going at a snail's pace because of her. Alisha introduces Sorey to the human world, yes but that's because she's the first human that he met. In reality anyone could have been used to take her place. In fact they could have just use Sergei and you'd end up better off storyline wise.

Actually no, I'm basing my story off of the fact that in reality Hedalf is a small fry, so beating him should have been just the beginning.

>>145168357
She's primarily the Hyland princess/knight, whose main motivation is peace on the continent. It's a stretch just to have her leave Hyland to go to Rowlance, never mind the continent. Especially when they're in the middle of a peace talks.
>>
>>145168515
One of the most basic archetypes in literature is the bleeding heart princess that loves everyone, strangers and enemies included. The assertion that this particular stereotypical princess character is only interested in peace for her own country and not the world at large, specifically due to some weird form of self interest is even less plausible than the alternative.

I mean, I get it though. You have this idea of what the plot should be in your head, and it's your baby, and anything diverging from that must make a shittier story so w/e. You do you bro.
>>
>>145168515
>he's primarily the Hyland princess/knight, whose main motivation is peace on the continent
Exactly, and you want a story about helping people, so why not start with her country? That's where he became a shepherd and all. Start fixing things there with Alisha's help, and after that she can go on a travel around the world with you because you helpd her and now she'll help you with your shepherd mission, which is something she also wants to do anyway. It all fits, so I don't know why you insist it doesn't.
>>
>>145169017
>>145169082
Yeah but here's the problem that you're ignoring.
> It's a stretch just to have her leave Hyland to go to Rowlance, never mind the continent. Especially when they're in the middle of a peace talks.j
Also keep in mind that Alisha is the head of said peace talks since she was the one who was fighting for the end of the war. Having Alisha leave at that time would mean having her shirk her responsiblility to her country.

Estelle from Vesperia was able to do it because she never took on any responsiblity to begin with, and NAtalia was able to do it, because your journey helped the peace talks. But in the case of Alisha your journey takes her away from the peace talks and her own responsibility.

So while the idea of the peace princess leaving to help the world works in reality this doesn't because your journey has nothing to do with Hyland.
>>
>>145169261
>Also keep in mind that Alisha is the head of said peace talks since she was the one who was fighting for the end of the war. Having Alisha leave at that time would mean having her shirk her responsiblility to her country.
You don't have her leave then. You help her fix that situation first. That's the starting point.
>>
>>145169349
And that takes years to do, why should you hold off your journey for years to help in a situation where you actually aren't much of any help? They don't need your help anymore.
>>
>>145169261
Natalia and Estelle were able to do what they did because the story was written that way, and you personally found the explanation plausible enough to accept it. The fact that you can't even conceive of a scenario where Alisha leaving would be justified is your problem, not mine.
>>
>>145169565
>And that takes years to do
Why would it take years? It will take the time you decide it should take. It could even take a few weeks. It depends on the writer, in this case you.
>>
>>145169619
Except I didn't, I even point out why it couldn't work. Natalia and Estelle were able to travel with the party because the story allowed for it, but I'm using the shit from the guidebook, and that shit doesn't allow for it.

>>145169684
Do you honestly think that peace talks happen over night? Especially for countries that have been on the verge of war or were at war for years it takes quite a while for them to sort out differences during peace talks.

Even in ToA they were still in peace talks during the month long time skip.

Besides that why are you too so adamant about keeping Alisha?
>>
>>145169871
>Do you honestly think that peace talks happen over night?
It depends on how you set the situation, anon. Making it so that it can be resolved in one big climatic event wouldn't even be that hard.

>Besides that why are you too so adamant about keeping Alisha?
Because she fits the story, thematically speaking. You want to help the world, she does too. You want everyone to be able to interact with the seraph, she does too. You want to search for ruins, she does too. You're the shepherd, and she's the selfless human who led you to become one.
>>
>>145170096
>It depends on how you set the situation, anon. Making it so that it can be resolved in one big climatic event wouldn't even be that hard.
Anon, ending a war and continuing peace talks are two completely things. One requires action, the other is just dialogue.

>Because she fits the story, thematically speaking.
No Alisha just wants to save the continent and stop the war, she actually outright says so in the game itself. She's only interested in Seraphim and ruins as beings and places to be worshiped, she held no interest in the truth behind them. Expecting her to stick around is kind of like expecting Ioder to travel with you, or even Larsa.

The thing is I can understand the need for Rose, it's just that the way how they used her was shit.
>>
>>145169871
When you're writing a story, there are no ironclad rules. You as a writer can spin a story as fantastical and incredible as you want, and as long as you can maintain the reader's suspension of disbelief, that's enough. If you as a writer need to introduce a new character to resolve a plot point, or contrive some event to get a character from point A to point B, you are free to do so. You are only limited by the bounds of your imagination and skills as an author.

You are making the assertion that Alisha tagging along is incompatible with the story of Zestiria. I'm simply saying that yeah, there's probably a way for her to tag along, given a writer skilled enough to write a plausible scenario for it. At least from what I can tell, my position is more easily defensible than yours.

Again, we are not debating the specific idea for the story you seem to have in your head. What I'm saying is that there exists a retelling of this story where Alisha can remain in the party. I'm further making an assertion that given how early she was revealed in advertising, she was likely part of whatever "original vision" the author had of the story, and there was a failure to justify her existence due to a failure of the writer, management, or both. One solution, of course, is to remove her from the story completely, but that is not the only solution.

Also, from where I'm standing it seems more like you seem quite adamant about removing her, but I digress.
>>
>>145170518
>ending a war and continuing peace talks are two completely things. One requires action, the other is just dialogue.
You need peace talk when there is some sort of friction between countries. You can centralize everything into one big situation, then you resolve that situation, and then you don't need more peace talks anymore. It all depends on the writer. You seem awfully lacking on imagination for someone who wants to re-write a game.

>No Alisha just wants to save the continent and stop the war, she actually outright says so in the game itself.
Forget about her characterization in the game. That's trash. Think about the anime. Anime Alisha expressed a desire to help people even outside her country. She also explicitly said she was interested in searching for ruins if she had the chance. She's not just interested in the seraphs as beings to be worshipped, and she seemed really happy when Sorei mentioned the possibility of making everyone being able to interact with the seraph, so she's obviously interested in that as well. Anime Alisha would definitely travel around with you if she had the chance.
>>
>>145170732
There are no ironclad rules, but you still have to do what fits. While Alisha traveling with you works with Zestiria as how it was in the game, it doesn't work for an EXPANDED version that goes beyond the game's scope. You claim your position is easily defensible and yet, you can't come up with a suitable defense nor are you even able to even address the criticism that I brought up about the problem of responsibility.

>>145170803
>You need peace talk when there is some sort of friction between countries.
When two countries are at war for over 20 years, then there is going to be friction between the two countries. You can't just call for a ceasefire and then expect everything to change instantly because of it.

>Forget about her characterization in the game
Anon, the anime didn't actually change her characterization. It's the same as in the game. Anime Alisha is still only really only interested in them as being to worship, so of course she's excited about the idea of seeing them, probably more so than game Alisha. Most people would be excited about the idea of seeing the beings that they worship. She's interested in two things stopping the war and finding the shepherd to help save the world. Game Alisha would likely want to go too, but again responsibility.
>>
>>145171021
>When two countries are at war for over 20 years
That can be changed easily. Make it so that the unrest revolve around a resent situation. Then you can fix more easily. Aren't you the writer of this game?

>Anime Alisha is still only really only interested in them as being to worship
No, if you think that way you don't pay attention.

>She's interested in two things stopping the war and finding the shepherd to help save the world.
And the Shephard would want to stop the war and help save the world too.

You know what. I think you should forget about thinking about re-writing a game. You clearly don't have the imagination of a writer.
>>
>>145170732
He's more asserting the lack of feasibility that Alisha would leave the continent. Rose has fewer barriers to leaving the continent and an actual vested interest in seeing the other continents, namely her business as a merchant. There are certain personality traits you can bend when writing the story, but other aspects need to be solid foundation. Alisha is not just nobility, she is a knight, with a duty to her people. This is one of the ironclad aspects of her very character, she reinforces this after Maltran dies. Leaving to go ruin exploring or to serve the Shepherd in his journey, even if it is in the service of her ultimate goal, breaks this fundamental aspect of her character. She was reticent to even go to Rolance, doing so only after a war that helped unite the warring armies against a common foe.
>>
>>145171167
>He's more asserting the lack of feasibility that Alisha would leave the continent.
That would fly if you're not the writer. If you're the writer, you can easily tweak events to make Alisha's situation more flexible.
>>
>>145171021
>it doesn't work for an EXPANDED version that goes beyond the game's scope
It doesn't work for the version that you have in mind. There is no objectively correct expanded version that exists in the aether. Again, I am not debating your specific version of the story that you have in your head. I don't know how to simplify this further for you.

The assertion "Alisha is incompatible with the story of Zestiria" is equivalent to "in the infinite possible retellings (not just the specific one you have in your head) of Zestiria, there exists no version where Alisha can stay in the party."

My assertion is "in the infinite possible retellings of Zestiria, there exists at least one version where Alisha can stay with the party."

The former is an absolute statement, saying it's literally impossible. My entire point about suspension of disbelief is that hey, a talented writer can do some wonderful things on paper, and saying it's literally impossible to write a plausible story given any premise is a pretty strong statement to make. My latter statement is a bit more open ended, basically saying that yeah, you could probably figure out way to get this to work.
>>
>>145171165
>That can be changed easily. Make it so that the unrest revolve around a resent situation. Then you can fix more easily. Aren't you the writer of this game?
Except it wouldn't be believable over 20 years of agression and from a war being forgotten about in 2 years during peace talks isn't an easy thing to justify. Because you're working through the country's problems to find common ground so it won't happen again (hopefully). It's part of the reason why A/Z was such ending was shit.

>No, if you think that way you don't pay attention.
I did it was her friend who wanted to study it, Alisha's interest was elsewhere.

>And the Shepherd would want to stop the war and help save the world too.
So what does have to do with her abandoning her responsibility?

Really
>>145171167
Pretty much this, it's not rocket science.

>>145171206
Even a writer has to think about things that make sense for the character. You have to consider whether or not a character can take a course of action. You can't justify a character abandoning a portion of their characterization, especially since in Alisha's case it would just make her look irresponsible.

It would actually be better to use another character, since even going by your logic of altering personalities, I might as well just change Rose from an assassin to a full time merchant, and I basically have a character that isn't tied down to anything, an interest in seeing the outside world and a desire to better it.
>>
>>145171167
>Alisha is not just nobility, she is a knight, with a duty to her people. This is one of the ironclad aspects of her very character, she reinforces this after Maltran dies. Leaving to go ruin exploring or to serve the Shepherd in his journey, even if it is in the service of her ultimate goal, breaks this fundamental aspect of her character.
A looming terror threatens the entire world, if not defeated all life will be lost, including those of her people. If she tags along, there is an increase in the probability that the apocalypse could be averted, saving her country as well. In this scenario, is it implausible that she leaves her country to serve the greater good?

I'm just pulling shit out of my ass, I don't claim to be an expert writer. I just find it unreasonable to state that there's no way you could justify such an event.
>>
>>145171512
>A looming terror threatens the entire world, if not defeated all life will be lost, including those of her people.
Even more of a reason for her to stay where she is and protect them like she was sworn to do as a knight, right?
>>
>>145171474
>Except it wouldn't be believable over 20 years of agression and from a war being forgotten
Did you even read my post? I said you could just change the 20 years thing. For example, instead of 20 years of aggression, make it 2 years. And make this aggression revolve around a situation you can fix in one story arc.

>I did it was her friend who wanted to study it, Alisha's interest was elsewhere.
Alisha said she would like to study the ruins too. She said so in episode 2.

>So what does have to do with her abandoning her responsibility?
She wouldn't be abandoning her responsibilities. Rather, you would write her responsibilities so that they can be resolved in one story arc.

>Even a writer has to think about things that make sense for the character.
It's not the characters what you would be changing. It's the situations around them.
>>
>>145171324
> Again, I am not debating your specific version of the story
But isn't that what you're doing right now?

Also I again see you giving no reason why Alisha should shirk her responsibilities to her people, responsibilities that she volunteered for. Even in the game where Alisha could still fit in the party there was still a problem once the characters needed to go to Rowlance. Thing is if Alisha joins then it makes no sense for Sergei not to join. Why would I fill up the party when I want other characters from the other continents join too?
>>
>>145171547
Why exactly does that follow? Take LOTR as a well known example. Sauron is threatening the very existence of the world as we know it. The only true way to defeat him is to destroy the one ring. Staying at home and defending is simply fighting a war of attrition that you cannot win. Your only hope at true victory requires the destruction of the ring.

We can point to Boromir as an actual example of this. Does he better serve his country by staying with his people, or joining the fellowship to try and destroy the ring?
>>
>>145171678
>Did you even read my post? I said you could just change the 20 years thing. For example, instead of 20 years of aggression, make it 2 years. And make this aggression revolve around a situation you can fix in one story arc.
Anon I literally just said that I was basing this off of the guidebook, did you even read the reply thread?

>She wouldn't be abandoning her responsibilities.
Alisha is a knight and a princess of Hyland sworn to protect her people, by the end of the game she's also an ambassador for Hyland's meetings with Rowlance it would be shirking her responsibilties. Alternatively she's better served making sure that the aggression doesn't start up again.

>It's not the characters what you would be changing. It's the situations around them.
No, you want to alter both.

>>145171699
Bad example anon, LOTR everyone was being threatened by Sauron at the time, and continued to be a threat over the course of the book. In Zestiria on the other hand you have the threat of malevolence that effectively is put calmed for one group of people, and they have to work to make sure that it stays that way. Keep in mind that the shit going on in other continents actually doesn't effect the main continent in Zestiria. Apples and oranges anon.
>>
>>145171965
>Anon I literally just said that I was basing this off of the guidebook, did you even read the reply thread?
You said you were basing it on the guidebook. That doesn't mean you have to follow it verbatim. Now if that's what you're talking about, then we can stop this argument here. I don't even see the point of a rewrite if you're not willing to change whatever it takes to make it the best story it can be.

>Alisha is a knight and a princess of Hyland sworn to protect her people, by the end of the game she's also an ambassador for Hyland's meetings with Rowlance it would be shirking her responsibilties.
If you solve the situation with Rowlance first, there's no real reason she wouldn't be willing to help you with the world at large. Especially if not doing so could spell danger for her own country later on. She might be a knight, but she's not stupid. At least not in the anime, when she's 100% aware of the corrupt officials and their evil schemes. Someone smart like that could easily understand that's the right thing to do in that particular situation.

But then again, if you're not willing to get out of the box (aka the guidebook), then this is all moot.
>>
File: bae.gif (140KB, 500x270px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
bae.gif
140KB, 500x270px
>【Amazon.co.jp限定】 テイルズ オブ ゼスティリア ザ クロス Blu-ray BOX (録り下ろしドラマCD&描きおろし絵柄LPサイズディスク収納ケース&早期購入特典:3面クリアファイル)¥ 34,560

fuck off japan
>>
>>145172192
>You said you were basing it on the guidebook. That doesn't mean you have to follow it verbatim.
Did you even read the thread that you replied to? Or were you just triggered by someone mentioning cutting out Alisha? Seriously I know that Alishafags have a habit of being idiots but really?

>If you solve the situation with Rowlance first, there's no real reason she wouldn't be willing to help you with the world at large.
Again responsibility, it seems like you don't know what that word means. Alisha is a knight of Hyland and is sworn to protect it. Even if you solve the problem with Rowlance first it doesn't make a difference. It would be fucking irresponsible of Alisha to just not and make sure that things run smoothly, especially since that peace needs to be maintained.

>Especially if not doing so could spell danger for her own country later on.
It wouldn't actually the continent that Hyland and Rowlance resides is unaffected by the malevolence in other continents, because they have no contact with them.
>>
File: 1470286333946.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1470286333946.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
Bear Demo's out, lads.

It's surprisingly fun. Feels more like of a fighting game than a Tales game though with all the buttons to attack.
>>
>>145172668
Who cares? It's only releasing outside of japan in 2017. Not like we'll get to play it for another half a year or more.
>>
>>145172668
How's Rokurou? He's the only one that I've been expecting to play as.

>>145172880
>2015+1
>Can't read moon

Anon...
>>
>>145172954
I also play all JRPGs dubbed.
Get your rope out and lynch me, faggot.
>>
>>145172408
>Even if you solve the problem with Rowlance first it doesn't make a difference. It would be fucking irresponsible of Alisha to just not and make sure that things run smoothly, especially since that peace needs to be maintained.
No, if you solve that situation, it makes all the difference. This "make sure that things run smoothly" is little excuse. It's not like she's the only one who would work to maintain peace. If you're changing things, Maltra doesn't even have to be a hellion, let alone die.
>>
>>145172668
Can't wait to play as Eizen. Found out I'll have a PS4 to play on for four weeks upon release.
>>
File: image.jpg (50KB, 500x400px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
50KB, 500x400px
>>145151221
Tfw u mistake homolust for bloodlust
>>
Why is Edna and Symonne so sexy?
>>
>>145174389
Nah, she's mistaking her homolust for bloodlust. She'll figure it out soon enough.
>>
File: i_miss_him.png (52KB, 411x233px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
i_miss_him.png
52KB, 411x233px
>>
>>145161324
This game is pretty bad sadly. The story is dumb, and most importantly the gameplay is bland as hell and there's absolutely no challenge at all. You just gattai and whack shit all day long for about 60 hours to clear the game.
>>
>>145175117
That's an improvement over Team Symphonia games where you just whack shit all day.

Zestiria confirmed to be better than over half the games in the series.
>>
>>145173110
Just what do you even think an ambassador does anon?
>>
File: 1468975708301.png (49KB, 143x199px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1468975708301.png
49KB, 143x199px
>>145160138
>>
>>145175757
Name someone else for the job. Problem solved.
>>
Does Rose fight Maltran in the game?
>>
So will Velvet become lord of calamity?
>>
>>145176238
No, she leaves temporary and doesn't get to fight her.
>>
>>145176414
Probably not.
>>
>>145176414
Almost assuredly
>>
>>145176414
Who can tell?
>>
>>145148745
I want to bury my dick so far in Alisha's as whoever could pull it out would become the new shepard.
>>
>>145175824
Why would they do that when 1.Alisha is a part off the council and 2.it was her idea to begin with?

And this is also considering the fact that the council is corrupt and Alisha is the only member that isn't. So again why should she shirk her responsibility?

You keep making excuses but it comes back to the same thing, Alisha abandoning her responsibility to her country and people, that she voluntarily took up, in order to leave the continent for good knows how long.
>>
File: patch38529671.jpg (85KB, 382x357px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
patch38529671.jpg
85KB, 382x357px
Seraphs have physical bodies so why couldn't Sorey tell Mikleo to grab some stuff in front of Alisha to prove Seraphs exist?
>>
>>145176904
Saving the world is a good excuse to take a leave of absence

Especially when she can just appoint a regent, KEK
>>
>>145175117
Heh and I thought it couldn't get worse than Tales of Hearts :^)
>>
>>145176921
Because what if she thinks he's a g-g-g-g-ghost or a fucking witch? I know what happens to witches, I've read Berserk.
>>
>>145176965
>Saving the world is a good excuse to take a leave of absence
Except it has nothing to do with what's going on in her continent. Not to forget shit can still go belly up if she leaves it alone. She also has a duty to her people as a knight, a duty which she can't serve while running around the world with hot in a wild goose chase.

>Especially when she can just appoint a regent, KEK
Right because the council members are totally trustworthy right?

It's fucking irresponsible, it was her idea so reasonably she should be the one to see it through. Not to forget she has responsibilities to her countymen, responsibilities that she'd be abandoning by running around with you.
>>
>>145176904
>You keep making excuses but it comes back to the same thing, Alisha abandoning her responsibility to her country and people, that she voluntarily took up, in order to leave the continent for good knows how long.
It comes back to the fact that you don't have imagination. Let's hope you'll never try to write your own game.
>>
>>145177564
You can literally write in new characters that are trustworthy. You can do anything, you're rewriting the entire story. What don't you get about this? Does it really just boil down to you not understanding what writing is?
>>
/tv/ here, I feel like I can help shed light on this "Is it even possible for Alisha to leave the capital?" question

I'll explain in form of a riddle

What kills a vampire?

Thought of the answer yet?

No?

...

Ok, here it is

Whatever the fuck you want to kill a vampire. Vampires don't fucking exist
>>
>>145163981
They'll probably have Sorey.
>>
>>145172668
The dungeon where the demo takes place reminds me a lot of the swamps in Zestiria. I forgot the name, but it's where you fight the Medusa sub-quest boss.
>>
>>145177636
>>145178176
This comes back to a cardinal rule of writing needing to write characters in character. Characters have to behave in a way that's logical for them to behave. You say that you can have a character do anything but what you Alishafags aren't getting and what other anon also pointed out to you is the fact that that's simply not true. Characters have to behave in a way that's logical for them to behave. If you have a character that's bound by duty then you have to do two options make the adventure a part of their duty (which in this case it isn't), or you have to get rid of the duty which in this case would require you destroy the country since that's what she owes her duty to. If you don't come up with a reason for why a character duty bound to their country would leave it for an unknown amount of time you make the character OOC and irresponsible.

In this case there is no good reason for her to leave it, but every reason for her to stay. Just because a character wants to do something doesn't mean that they are able to do it. You guys essentially just want Alisha to be OOC so you can keep your waifu, even though she has no purpose and is easily replaceable. Turning in back on you I would say that neither of you have any imagination since you can't imagine the party without Alisha.
>>
>>145180372
>Turning in back on you I would say that neither of you have any imagination since you can't imagine the party without Alisha.

Fuck off Baba
>>
So General is obviously evil, right? She just kind of stood there as Rose went on another ALISHA REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE murder fest
>>
>>145167644
>She was part of the story from the very beginning, her entire existence is basically to give Sorey a human link to the world at large
Actually her main purpose in the story was to really just be Sorey's call to Adventure, claiming that she was meant for anything more is baseless theory, especially since the story for Zestiria was alerted so much it might have even been that the excuse was created just so Rose could join.
>>
>>145180372
>This comes back to a cardinal rule of writing needing to write characters in character
Keeping characters in character doesn't mean they always have to act the same way. Characterization doesn't work that way. Depending on the situations, a character may do things they normally wouldn't do, for instance.

>In this case there is no good reason for her to leave it, but every reason for her to stay. Just because a character wants to do something doesn't mean that they are able to do it. You guys essentially just want Alisha to be OOC so you can keep your waifu, even though she has no purpose and is easily replaceable. Turning in back on you I would say that neither of you have any imagination since you can't imagine the party without Alisha.
None of this makes any sense. If you're the writer, you can change the setting at will, so Alisha's responsibilities can change accordingly.
>>
>>145180616
Oh please Rose is shit too.
>>
>>145160978
I feel like Lailahfags are the biggest waifufags, considering all the stupid shit she does. She's a big part of the problem and is forgiven for some reason.
>>
>>145180802
She's cute which is all some people really need

It's ok to have superficial reasons for liking characters, for example I like Velvet because I like angry loud shouty characters
>>
>>145180791
>Keeping characters in character doesn't mean they always have to act the same way. Characterization doesn't work that way. Depending on the situations, a character may do things they normally wouldn't do, for instance.
But it takes something major to change characterization drastically, and this isn't one of those instances.

>None of this makes any sense. If you're the writer, you can change the setting at will, so Alisha's responsibilities can change accordingly.
Shit still needs to make sense internally anon. Alternatively I'm also saying that the setting doesn't need her, especially because her presence drags the story. Alisha is a knight, princess, council member and reformer even if I altered the setting her duties would remain and with them her responsibility. You still end up back at square one.

Though I'm still wondering why you're even trying to argue that a character that's easily replaceable, drags the story, and is duty bound elsewhere even needs to stick around to begin with.
>>
It's always Alisha and Rose holy shit

I hope they're both prominent characters and go gay for each other so you all will just shut the fuck up
>>
>>145180802
I'm ok with her withholding information which is the biggest wrong she ever did in Zestiria. She basically didn't want history to repeat itself. It's pretty simple.
>>
>>145180802
That's waifufags for you just look at the Rose and Alishafags. Especially the latter are superficial as fuck.
>>
>>145181339
But communication is key to conflict aversion

And if the rumors are true about Lailah being Ceres then her problem wasn't telling Velvet too much, it was telling Velvet just enough to send her off on her crazy revenge quest
>>
>>145181339
Seems to me she causes a lot of issues and is an apathetic fuck. A terrible mentor if you will.
>>
>>145181339
She causes a lot of problems with her attitude, the story should have called her out on it.
>>
>>145181409
If Lailah is Ceres then she ruined the world like, twice.
>>
>>145181339
You know if Lailah already fucked up in the game
>>145150080
>>145150156
And if she's Ceres then she fucked up twice.
>>
File: lailah.png (232KB, 500x375px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
lailah.png
232KB, 500x375px
>>145181339
>>145181859
>Area Seraph Ruins Everything
>>
>>145181409
>>145181462
>>145181517
At least in the context of Zestiria, what she did was perfectly fine. If the previous Shepard with a shitton more experience in life than Sorey fell because she forced the duties and burden onto him head on, then there's no fucking way Sorey would be able to handle things. It's logical as fuck. How can you blame her for hiding some of the information she knew.

>"Hey kid, the other guy failed because he couldn't handle the stress of being savior. Now things are 10x worse and you're up. The world is literally depending on it. No pressure."

The effect on him would have been the equivalent of seeing Alisha killed before his eyes. End result is an even more fucked up world with 4-5 more dragons roaming around. So yeah, letting him see the world first and digest the information of the state of things and nature of humans/malevolence is the best option.


I did get frustrated towards the end though. I felt that what happened in a certain event was fucked up and the alternative needed to be discussed a bit more.
>>
>>145182157
Yeah but I feel that she should have been to one to divulge the past not Mayveen.
>>
Zestiria's setting seems pretty fucking unfair

Like, if you're conflicted about what you're doing, you become a Hellion

But if you're pure in your convictions you're fine, even if you do shit that's messed up

What this means is that Blind Zealotry is rewarded and conflict analysis is punished
>>
>>
File: lailah.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
lailah.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>145182236
And that's where I feel the writing failed horribly. That's what I meant by that last line.

>I felt that what happened in a certain event was fucked up and the alternative needed to be discussed a bit more.

Why the fuck couldn't Lailah tell them everything there? By that point she pretty much knew everything that Mayvin told them. So something was definitely missing there. Or at least I missed something.
>>
TFW the world is a fucking mess because some smelly farmgirl lost her shota
>>
>>145181251
>Shit still needs to make sense internally anon
That means keeping things consistent, anon. But you're the one who decides the initial characterization and setting. At that point, you can do anything.

>Though I'm still wondering why you're even trying to argue that a character that's easily replaceable, drags the story, and is duty bound elsewhere even needs to stick around to begin with.
Because I don't think she would drag the story if written appropriately, the duty bound thing can be fixed easily, and thematically-speaking her continued precess would improve the story.
>>
>>145182888
*presence
>>
>>145182888
This. What people don't get is that off-screen doesn't really matter.

"Alisha had to manage things at the Capital" means just as much to the audience as "Alisha appointed Oji-san to manage things at the Capital", because we don't SEE what happens at the Capital
>>
>>145182526
Lailah is so cute. I'd buy it just for her. In fact, remove Sorey, Mikleo and Edna and the cover would be much better.
>>
>>145180372
Aside from the fact that in this hypothetical scenario and where character settings and motivation can be changed to make this story suck less, explain to me how a noble figurehead princess making accompanying the savior of the world a part of her duty is some unthinkable thing when it's one of the oldest staple of fantasy stories. Are you going to argue that the Three Kings were irresponsible and out of character in going to Bethlehem?
>>
>>145184518
DUDE KING ARTHUR CAN'T QUEST WITH SIR GAWAIN HE HAS TO RULE CAMELOT LMAO
>>
>>145182888
Wow you're really obsessed with Alisha aren't you?
>That means keeping things consistent, anon. But you're the one who decides the initial characterization and setting. At that point, you can do anything.
And I plan to keep her characterization and not to forget there isn't a need for her in the story and she's easily replaceable. I would you keep a character that's pointless in the story.

>Because I don't think she would drag the story if written appropriately, the duty bound thing can be fixed easily, and thematically-speaking her continued precess would improve the story.
She's only has some point in Zestiria as it is, because you're focused on one single continent. In fact the anime rewrote her character and though it's an improvement she's now dragging the story. You claim that the duty can be fixed yet you've yet to cover up with a believable reason for why she'd let go of that duty.

I could easily just rewrite Rose to be Mayvin's apprentice who doesn't agree with the job description of being a storyteller of time, and have a character that was infinitely more suited to be a travel companion. You claim that Alisha helps with the theme when she doesn't, her development requires her to stay in Hyland.

>>145183078
But it's still happening and you write you need to keep in mind that you have to give time for shit to happen, you can't just say that this thing that usually takes years to happen happened overnight. And I'm not even saying that the viewer should see it just the opposite the characters move on and leave her to her duties.
>>
>>145184800
I legitimately think the viewers would rather see Alisha do things than get relegated to boring bureaucracy.

This is High Fantasy, it's not Low Fantasy where paperwork and diplomacy actually fucking matters
>>
>>145184518
>Aside from the fact that in this hypothetical scenario and where character settings and motivation can be changed to make this story suck less, explain to me how a noble figurehead princess making accompanying the savior of the world a part of her duty is some unthinkable thing when it's one of the oldest staple of fantasy stories
Because it has nothing to with her and she'd be of more use helping her people and making sure that the peace that was achieved actually sticks around, and improving the lives of her people, which is actually something that she can not do while traveling with you? And you don't need her anyway, so she's pointless to keep around?
>>
>>145184852
Except that's exactly what the anime, and not only is it boring it's also dragging the story. The whole political aspect only really works when you don't have much story to tell without it. But if you do like in this case it only serves to drag things, and only serves as a hindrance.
>>
>>145185063
>And you don't need her anyway, so she's pointless to keep around?

You totally do need her, as a counterpoint to Rose the sociopath

You seem to be a stickler for plot structure but almost completely ignore character dynamics
>>
>>145185265
And I already Rose would be rewritten is not replaced, so she wouldn't be an assassin and certainly not a sociopath and I also plan on adding in more human characters.

It's funny you're arguing about me being a stickler for keeping things the same and yet you assume that Rose would remain the same.
>>
>>145185434
Speak english you fucking autist.
>>
>>145185541
Are you illiterate Alishafag?
What makes you think that Rose would be the same if not cut entirely?
>>
>>145184800
I think its hilarious, they want their waifu so much that they're disregarding how she would feel if they suggested the idea of going continent hopping to her. She'd glare at them, insist upon her responsibilities, and if they tried to pressure her further, would likely physically move them out of the way and go back to her routine. It's the worst type of Waifu faggotry, a brand of egoism that insists upon the target whilst ignoring their feelings, to paraphrase Tenebrae.
>>
>>145185434
This is an English Only board. Please go to /int/ if you're going to babble
>>
>>145185063
Let's say that the problems in her kingdoms are resolved due to the hero's intervention, corruption is rooted out, war is averted, the rebuilding process begins. Alisha's still more of a symbol to her people and the day-to-day running of her kingdom doesn't fall to her. That's already been established and that bit of backstory hasn't changed. So from the political angle, once she's cleaned up her council, her work is done, and her being a symbol is better served by directly helping Sorey be Jesus.

So that's the narrative structural reason for being there. Thematically (if this were a competent story and had themes), she's an important link to the worldly/secular/geopolitical aspect of the journey. If they wanted to have this story be primarily about unity, between seraph and humans and kingdoms and so on, then it'd be good to have this more definitive Hyland character, going about, doing things. Every character should bring something to the table that feeds back into what this journey's all about. Lailah espouses the Shepherd's duty to destroying spiritual evil first, Alisha being noble and compassionate would advocate the human aspects of the Shepherd's role and its responsibility to the people, like in the guide book.

This isn't some huge stretch, this is the basic framework that ensemble fantasy stories rely on again and again because it's a straightforward way to make sure settings and characters aren't neglected.
>>
Looks like this will be a quality game guys. Bamco pls

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1SzQFYVrnM

At least you get to hoverboard.
>>
>>145185727
Says the person who doesn't understand a word of it. Maybe you should learn how to read first Alishafag.

>>145185674
In story Alisha even got upset at the prospect of going to Rowlance, even if they didn't include the whole Alisha gives Sorey AIDS bullshit she she actually didn't want to go with the party.
>>
>>145186016
Oh no. Is it happening again?
>>
>>145186084
>ALISHAFAG REEEEEEEEEE

Is that you, Rose? Maybe you should look deep inside yourself and ask why you keep trying to kill Hime-sama
>>
>>145186188
Rare bug. Happens occasionally when you use the Hoverboard in a specific spot. Guy in the /v/ thread is sperging out about it though.
>>
>>145186188
So far it only happen in one place, only against that enemy and if you're using the hoverboard.

But after Zestiria's camera, it's normal to be scared.
>>
>>145186188
I played the demo and never ran into it. Apparently it happens in a certain spot when you use the hoverboard.
>>
File: asuka in gx.jpg (19KB, 325x243px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
asuka in gx.jpg
19KB, 325x243px
>that one autist in the /v/ thread
>>
>>145186623
Hey, beats five page Baba Copypasta
>>
>>145185982
>the rebuilding process begins
And why should Alisha skip out on her duties in this area? Especially since she's the one who wanted this to happen, why should she be irresponsible and not see it through till the end?

>Alisha's still more of a symbol to her people
Even more of a reason why she shouldn't leave. She doesn't have a right to rule but she's still a member of the council. She's still a knight of Hyland, and by the end a politician as well.

>Thematically
Alisha is just the call to Adventure, even the game never gave her any importance outside of that. Sorey can meet other humans who join him and serve as his connection to humans he doesn't need Alisha for that, Sorey himself is the symbol of human and seraph unity so she's not needed there either, plus having any other human travel companions adds to that you don't actually need Alisha for that, any human will do. Every character should have something that they bring to the table but Alisha doesn't have any besides being a human. You also forget that a part of the story is Lailah and the others except Mikleo actively saying that Sorey would be LESS compassionate, and fixing the story means that you also get rid of that. Her being a noble will do fuck all to >>145186200
help you since she's actually bad at politics, and you're traveling to another continent anyway so her nobility doesn't matter.

You claim that it's not a huge stretch and yet you can't find a single thing that Alisha brings to the table that is useful and can't be found elsewhere.
>>
>>145186200
Rose is shit too, but the waifufagging from Alishafags is fucking ridiculous.
>>
>>145187368
What can I tell you? The damn Amekians among us are fucking ridiculous. The Wilkians are sometimes just as bad. At least the Miomans and the Yulindians are cool. I'm just waiting for the Yurlinian/Zedayan war. And of course, the Rulayans have the winner of the Shepherd as their beloved, so what does the waifufagging matter?
>>
>>145187848
Lailah is objectively the best girl. There. I said it.
>>
>>145156978
>portraying Alisha in a better light than Rose
I'll have to watch this anime then. I love watching Baba get fucked.
>>
>>145184572
Actually, Arthur did nothing on the original novels from Chrétien de Troyes. He just stayed on his court doing king stuff while his knights had the cool adventures. In fact, Arthur was kinda pathetic because he always needed his knights to take care of business
>>
The whole Alisha thing actually baffles me, mainly because it was the first thing that had me realize that the devs had no idea what they were doing.

So, we get this character who joins our party way early in the game, and then she just ups and leaves. Now, I get the reason why, but what I don't get is why was they made her playable in the first place, with her own movesets? Why is she on so much promotional images in magazines? Why did they make figures of her? It really just reflects on the bad planning of the game.

Honestly, if she wasn't important to the party's plot, then she shouldn't have been a playable character in the first place. Just an NPC who follows you throughout the first few stages.

If she was a playable character who leaves early on, then they should have made it count so it leaves an impression. Just kill her off. FF7 did it, and most players from that era remembers it even today.

But we're stuck on this middle line where a playable character just leaves the party and kinda sticks around for no reason, never really returning, even for the final stage. I just don't understand why the devs would do something like that.
>>
>>145190666
You should read up on the development clusterfuck, it's fascinating.
>>
>>145191822
>>145190666
It truly is.
http://moamonzu.tumblr.com/post/121797036376/read-this-first
>>
>>145193341
>http://moamonzu.tumblr.com/post/121797036376/read-this-first
What makes the waifufagging truly hilarious is that both characters were terrible.
>>
So when does Tales of Zest air? Sunday?
>>
>>145194623

Yeah, few hours before Re:Zero
>>
File: 76435.jpg (97KB, 591x608px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
76435.jpg
97KB, 591x608px
If they wanted to promote Berseria wouldn't it have been better to make a short Berseria anime or OVA? I still don't understand why they made an anime of Zestiria when it was shit and everyone hated it. It's like they hate money.
>>
Is this show worth picking up?
>>
>>145194994
Anime tie-ins don't pop out of thin air, this shit was all announced before the game even released. They were trying to launch a multimedia empire to promote their 20th anniversary game, they just forgot that it's important to make the game actually good.
>>
>>145195097
Oh I see, that makes sense. They sure did fuck up royally.
>>
>>145195070
no unless you like bad cgi and generic shounen stories
>>
>>145195070

The animation is pretty nice at least. And the plot is kinda interesting.
>>
>>145195070
Yes
>>
>>145195070
Having not played the game myself i do find it interesting, mostly because i kinda want to see it before Berseria gets released in the west.
>>
>>145195070
Everything about Zestiria is shit but if you want to listen to anime-onlyfags, that's your thing.
>>
>>145186016
I really wish they could improve their quality of textures. I mean this still looks like a ps2 game. Same goes for previous entry's
>>
>>145196255
Japanese games made for the Japanese market look like shit because they sell like shit. They're only consumed by otakus so there isn't a motivation for having better graphics
>>
>>145197559
To be fair you don't "need" good graphics, it's just that they are nice to look at.
>>
>>145197619
Still feel like a waste to pay for a PS4 game and receiving PS2 graphics
>>
File: edna.jpg (206KB, 684x600px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
edna.jpg
206KB, 684x600px
> tfw Alter will never delivers a Lailah fig
>>
File: zestpop.jpg (283KB, 710x779px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
zestpop.jpg
283KB, 710x779px
>>145199549
Considering she wasn't very popular you're probably right. No surprise Edna got a figurine, she's pretty high up there.
>>
>>145199761
>That gap in points between Alisha and Dezel
>>
>>145199951
I find it worse that there were characters that actually scored lower than the fucking mascot thing
>>
>>
>>145199761
According to the merchandise, Edna has become into the token female of Sorey & Mikleo's BL show
>>
>>145200903
Lailah legs
>>
>>145201978
Disgusting, keep Edna away from fujo delusions.
>>
File: 53368047_p8.jpg (117KB, 334x380px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
53368047_p8.jpg
117KB, 334x380px
>>145202798
It's the price of popularity.
>>
File: ._..png (17KB, 612x567px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
._..png
17KB, 612x567px
>>145194994
>Camera angles
Who wants to bet they'll disallow you from recording/taking screenshots in Berseria to hide all their bullshit like they did with Zestiria?
>>
>>145204006
They let you take screen caps of the demo Anon
>>
>>145197881
They are doing since the PS3. They won't change now.
>>
>>145204176
They also allow screenshots and videos in the crucibles. That's a demo, by the way.
>>
Will Velvet get an Alter figure? I hated her design the first time I saw it but for some reason I'm really liking it now. Especially since black hair and golden eyes are one of my favourite combos. It would go really well with my Alter Milla.
>>
>>145199549
I've never noticed her boots being that big.
>>
>>145205888
they're Eizen's.
>>
>>145199549
Kill me. Just end me right now.
>>
Where is Rose? This anime needs Rose.
>>
>>145199761
Lailah's probably gone up in popularity due to her VA's death, despite how fucked up that is. People love Tales characters associated with death.
>>
>>145204006
The demo already has shit like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kA8aFV-h91E
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1SzQFYVrnM
>>
>try to pull the sword out of the stone
>cannot do it because not seiba
>FAITH your way all the way to heaven to get a shepherd down here
>trying to prevent wars lobbied for by minions of the god of calamity

Alisha is a good girl, not like some assassin slut who kills people for money
>>
>>145210206
I wish they would do a poll right now. Her numbers should be pretty good thanks to the anime so far.
>>
>>145179093
>Vampires don't fucking exist
You poor idiot
>>
>>145210743
> He doesn't know why Jeohovah's are always asking to come in

I feel sorry for him.
>>
>スレイたちは、休息のためにレディレイクを訪れるが、そこでは「感謝祭」が行われていた。祭りの雰囲気を天族のエドナやライラも楽しんでいたが、思わぬ出来事に巻き込まれ… ドラマパート「感謝祭で大騒動! ?」を収録!

> ラジオパートでは、逢坂さんと福圓さんによる「天族ラジオ」を収録! 小松さん、茅野さんをゲストに迎え、罰ゲームをかけて対決!

Rose and Alisha were so shit the VAs were put in a different segment.
>>
File: rose alisha4.jpg (471KB, 1000x1385px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
rose alisha4.jpg
471KB, 1000x1385px
>>
>>145212994
But why is Lailah so perfect, /a/?
>>
>>145147935
Gayer than other tales games
>>
>>145205790
She's already getting a Koto figure.

It might be reverse of Zestiria; Alter does guys Koto does girls
>>
>>145216340
Why did they divide it up? Koto has shit to good figures while Alter's are all good and above.
>>
>>145146155
>So how are the sales for this anime?

Decent

>Is Mikleo gay?

Yes, he wins the MC bowl
>>
>>145218365
I think the real question is "Are you gay for Mikleo?"
>>
>>145218445
>"Are you gay for Mikleo?"

I think I'm getting there, post timeskip epilogue Mikleo is absolute perfection
>>
>>145218768
>>145218445
But can you really say it's gay if it's Mikleo?
>>
File: 50241602_p11.jpg (389KB, 589x797px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
50241602_p11.jpg
389KB, 589x797px
>>145215086
Her smoking hot body and burning passion for puns.
>>
>>145217657
I don't know.

I'm upset Meebo looks like garbage thanks to Koto. Sorey looks ok though.
>>
>>145220802
>Meebo looks like garbage
That's probably the shittiest Koto figure I've ever seen. I couldn't even believe it's from them.
>>
>>145219086
At some point the love is so pure it just transcends the gayness Anon
>>
>>145146155
Sorey's weird giddiness and constant smiling is somehow very disturbing. It's in his entire body language and attitude. The guy is creepy.
>>
>>145223360
It's pretty creepy, it's like Sorey has no negative emotions whatsoever and is only always happy.
>>
>>145179870

Piltzerback Wetlands, right?

Man I really want to play Berseria. Why does Bamco hate us so?
>>
>>145186016

You know, this is something that should get caught and fixed early on. Just wow.

>>145196255 is right too. I don't expect Tales to look like Final Fantasy but goddamn, the game looks like a low-effort PS2 remaster. Hopefully the PC release looks better with some minor mods.
Thread posts: 307
Thread images: 73


[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.