[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which is the best gimmick of the year? Please cast your votes.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 10

File: 232123.png (681KB, 621x421px) Image search: [Google]
232123.png
681KB, 621x421px
Which is the best gimmick of the year? Please cast your votes.
>>
Erased was absolute trash, at least Re: Zero is entertaining.
>>
>>145137047
Both have shitty writing and bland characters but at least Re is so bad it's good. Erased is just trash
>>
>>145137047
Re:Zero is probably the first time the le whacky and insane villain was amusing for once.
>>
I never watched the erased anime because I'm not a pleb but boku dake ga inai machi is definitely better than what I have seen of re:zero.

which means that it's almost certainly better than the rest of Re:zero as well.
>>
Erased was shit, and I don't watch Re:Zero. But nothing can be worse than Erased.
>>
>>145137047
Haven't seen Re:Zero, is as retarded as BokuMachi? Like, the time travel happen whenever the author ass say so?
>>
>>145137974
>erased was shit
i liked it until the last two episodes happened

i still have to watch re:zero
>>
>>145138027
The time travel only happens when the main character dies, so it's HARDCORE anime.
>>
>>145138147
Well, that's already a big point in favor to Re:Zero.
>>
>>145138027

Author can make checkpoints whenever he wants.
>>
Eh, guess it's time for me to pick up Re Zero

I'm expecting some SAO entry crap, hopefully I'm mistaken
>>
>>145137047
I vote Jojo or Mob Shit
>>
Both are bad but dear lord Re:Zero is fuckin horrible. It's just some "babby's first fantasy anime" meme tier shit
>>
>>145138268
There's a reason in the story for this, so it isn't without explanation like Boku Machi, but it's still an plot device to make checkpoints whenever he wants tho.
>>
>>145137047
Both are trash.
>>
Patrician here, Re:Zero is genuinely good but it's challenging and resists interpretation causing the uneducated to dismiss it as no more than the usual seasonal fare.
>>
File: 1440908200787.jpg (63KB, 315x450px) Image search: [Google]
1440908200787.jpg
63KB, 315x450px
>>145137047
>let's make live action mystery show, but in anime form, what could go wrong?
>>
>>145138644
Subaru completly ruins Re:Zero
>>
>>145137047
Re:Zero has terrible writing. Just laughably bad story and characters. But then again so does Erased. Both are shit.
>>
File: Emilia.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Emilia.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>145137047
bokumachi is pure trash
re zero is better, and has a cute villain
>>
>>145138691
Fuck, I had high hopes for this one in the beginning. What a mess it became
>>
>>145138756

bokumachi mango is pretty good imho. Haven't seen the anime tho
>>
Both are shit liked by people with the mindset of a fucking toddler
>>
>>145138728
He makes it.
>>
>>145138845
mango is also pure trash
>>
>>145138751
It has writing that's difficult to understand.

The town where only I was cucked had effective writing- it served to keep tension high and play on emotions as well as serve a mostly interesting story, until it had a epileptic fit near the end.
>>
Erased was great. Until the final two episodes which ruined the whole series.
>>
BokuDake was AOTS. Manga is also great. Reddit:Zero is generic trash with bland waifus to bait otakus. No wonder /a/ likes it
>>
>>145138927
Erased is great, weak ending can be explained by lack of episodes left to flesh it out.
>>
File: 1469577139364.png (55KB, 217x190px) Image search: [Google]
1469577139364.png
55KB, 217x190px
>ITT: fucking retards
Yeah, fuck Erased! We need more shows with "good writing" like Kuma Miko, Bakuon, and Sakamoto. I hate shows with some semblence of a linear plot, tension, suspense, climax, and denouement, like Erased. Such bullshit, really. It irks me to no end that our jap overlords actually tried to tell a serious story.

I think it's already quite clear KonoBi will have "the best writing" this season. Any other show that actually has a plot has "shit writing".
>>
>>145138995
BokuDake had much more simplistic writing and was much easier to understand when it came to characters, their motivations and abilities.
Subaru is the deepest character we've had in a long time, and his actions are difficult to understand.
>>
>>145139065
Welcome newfriend
>>
>hurr durr SHIT WRITING
Protip: this is just a fucking buzzword.

No post-2008 anime has ever been exempt from this buzzword critique. Any show that had a serious plot had at least 10 assburgers complain about "shit writing" or "shit pacing".
>>
File: 1468123730367.jpg (136KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1468123730367.jpg
136KB, 1440x1080px
>>145139207
>pretending to be sekrit club
i've been here since 1998.
>>
Erased: MC got cucked
Re:Zero: MC made Rem a cuck
>>
>>145139065
Holy new
>>
>>145139113

>all these buzzwords
Sure anon it's "simple" writing since you can easily understand it with pseudo intellectual brain right? Also, how the fuck is NEET that suddenly got handed with responsibility a "deep" character. What the fuck.
>>
File: 1423014946217s.jpg (3KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1423014946217s.jpg
3KB, 125x125px
>>145139263
checkmate motherfucker 4chan was established in 1987
>>
>>145139065
>Any other show that actually has a plot has "shit writing".
Most of the retardasses here can't even handle a show which is not degenerate moes do degenerate shits.
>>
>>145139264
>Erased: MC got cucked
So you agree Erased is good but your /a/utism is triggered by the baby.
>>
File: 1469576188184.jpg (28KB, 291x317px) Image search: [Google]
1469576188184.jpg
28KB, 291x317px
>>145139351
my dad works for nintendo

and he said the 4chinz was founded in 1998, which is when Evangelion (also known as TTGL) started airing

so reverse checkmate, bitch
>>
>>145139264

The only one that got cucked there is the readers/watches. Satoru only wants the save Kayo and the other fag and nothing more. He didn't expect pussy in return.
>>
>>145139343
You've been on 4chan so long (or not enough) that your brain has atrophied and cannot discern between meme buzzwords and actual descriptions of narrative.
Let's take subaru's first steps in the new fantasy land:
He immediately recognises he's in an isekai. He wanders about, getting a feel for what skills and equipment he's been granted. He realises that he's got jack shit, and being beaten up in an alley for his cup ramen.
Then Emilia comes and saves him. He finds his purpose. His isekai world purpose, so he pursues it using the attitude a video game character would have. It's a new life for him, a life that isn't staring out a konbi window at happy couples his age wondering why he's such a failure.
He's actually quite overbearing with emilia, forcing himself on her using whatever dumb arguments he can pull out of his ass, and emilia actually acts graceful and kind towards him, not thinking that he's a loser and such.
Being beautiful helps.
And that's when the love starts.
Love starts to turn to devotion when his suffering ramps up.

I could keep going but if you can't understand this much from watching the show then you should stop watching it and stick to love live where your grey matter is massaged by goopy dumb happiness
>>
So is this the thread where people act hipster over popular anime because they refuse to acknowledge they're not that bad?
>>
>>145139113
>Subaru is the deepest character
>Actions are difficult to understand

Is this fucking bait? The kid is a complete loser in every sense of the word. He tries to be something more than what he knows he truly is, but he fails at the end of the day because he's a complete hypocrite and has bad habits that you can't simply wash away.

There's his character. Sure, he has more depth than your generic LN protagonist but that's not saying much.
>>
>>145139856
I meant his actions were difficult to understand for morons.
I mean you have ONE layer of complexity; like you say, bad habits simply don't wash away.
But this one layer of complexity is more complexity than most idiots have ever comprehended before.
>>
The first three episodes of Boku dake were really good. Everything after that fell flat but it had some pretty nice visuals on some scenes.
Rezero looks like shit, but it's been enjoyable and I like a decent amount of the characters.
>>
>>145139065
Erased had shit writing though. All the build up to Kayo's story was for nothing. The antagonists had weak/cliche motives. The protag's power makes no sense and isn't explained. Every part of it was a mess. Only pre-teens can possibly think Erased had good writing. It was garbage.
>>
File: 1445263641779.jpg (61KB, 749x720px) Image search: [Google]
1445263641779.jpg
61KB, 749x720px
>>145138995
>AOTS
>>
>>145139938
His actions aren't hard to understand, they're just dumb, why would you jump to call yourself Emilia's knight?
Most of the time his actions do make sense, but the author just keeps making him do dumb things for the sake of moving the death gimmick forward, and keeping the anime "so sad".
He does have some depth, but it's very shallow, and the author throws his "depth" away a lot for the sake of "suffering".
>>
>>145140289
>All the build up to Kayo's story was for nothing.
No, it wasn't. I thought it was quite clear this show was about the MC's growth as a person, not about being a full-blown mystery or using magical powers.

>The antagonists had weak/cliche motives.
Yes. They were ambiguous and not properly explained.

>The protag's power makes no sense and isn't explained.
Perhaps because that's not the focus of the story. It didn't detract from the overall quality of the show, because it had more the properties of "fate" common in drama: the butterfly would just appear out of nowhere. MC didn't really have "control" of the power. This isn't capeshit. Him learning how to harness his power never had any place in the story to begin with. I fail to see how this is a minus.

Overall, the only legitimate criticism of the show is the murderer's motive, which I agree with. But quite honestly, saying it was shit is just being a dumbass contrarian, like most weebs like to be. Shows of this quality, both visual-wise and script-wise, don't come by that often.
>>
>>145138756
Satella is not a villain, in medieval there are no evil, just rich guys and not much rich guys.
Communism the only true answer.
>>
>>145140289
It's heavily implied his power is there so he can save people, so basically when his mother dies, he goes back to his childhood, because to be able to save her he needs to "defeat" the guy that kills her in the future, it doesn't take a genius to notice that, yet people like you go around "hur his power isn't explained", and being so simple and convenient is one of the reasons it's bad writing, but it makes sense and didn't need to be explained, maybe you're just too idiot notice.

So I that agree it had shit writing, but you're still dumb.
>>
Erased was Winter's Kabaneri/Habanero

Re:Zero is a better Erased but its problems stem from making MC-kun a retard because if he grew common sense he'd become Kirito and that's not a good thing.
>>
>>145140289
>The protag's power makes no sense and isn't explained.

I agree with most of your points, but you don't need to explain magic powers in a fictional story because there is no possible logical explanation.
>>
>>145140527
He's acting like an MC in a living world that doesn't give a shit that he was magically transported. And when it doesn't work and he fucks things up his autistic sperg side comes out
>>
>>145139065
Erased being better than Spring tripe doesn't make its problems less apparent. As much as people only bitch about the time travel powers because "muh cuckening" it needed more explanation.

>>145141113
People want a time travel explanation mainly for the "wah cuck ending" shit.

Everything people shit their pants about stems from the "epic NTR meme". That or Kayo's mom.
>>
>>145141154
No, he's acting like a complete retard transported to a fantasy world, you don't get dumber when you go to a fantasy world, you're still you and you can use logic like a normal person.
Clearly you would make dumb decisions because of the stress, like when he said to Emilia he did everything for her so she should be thankful to him, that's totally understandable, but him going from totally depressed to 100% fine and ready to kick butt, and the scene where he claimed to be Emilia's knight, then dueling with a guy even though he KNOWS people in this world have special powers all don't make sense, and even if he was totally unstable (which he WASN'T at the moment) wouldn't make sense.

I know the author tries to make a "real" MC transported to a fantasy world, but he's just failing at it, still props for his effort, but he's still a bad author.
>>
>>145138147
>The time travel only happens when the main character dies, so it's HARDCORE anime.
You sound like that fat greek snob
>>
>>145138027
basically it's the animated version of Majora's Mask
>>
The dumb things he does is his character. It is even stated to be so. He is reckless and tends not to think rationally when things don't go his way. He's selfish, thrives on attention, and short-minded. In short, he's a piece of shit. He needed to fully recognize those flaws within himself and finally realize how much he is really worth. He wants to be the protagonist of the story to raise himself. But fails at that.
>>145141505
I think you see it the wrong way. Multiple reasons. And seeing all of that, I know you don't understand his character.
>>
>>145141505
If you don't understand why he fought Julius by now you're awful at character analysis.
>>
>>145137047
both are hatred because they're popular
>>
File: live-die-repeat.jpg (128KB, 620x817px) Image search: [Google]
live-die-repeat.jpg
128KB, 620x817px
>>145142183
>not the anime version of Edge of Tomorrow
What a plebian. If you want an MC who transforms from a nobody into a military genius over dozens of deaths, watch this.
>>
>>145145074
you know that's based on an LN right?
>>
>>145145301
I know that. If nothing else, that's just demonstrating how Re:Hero's gimmick isn't terribly novel. But Edge of Tomorrow is a much better analogy to Re:Zero than Majora's Mask is.
>>
>>145145396
Not really MM and Re:Zero doesn't idealize the reset gimmick like Edge of Tomorrow.

rather they tell you why it's shit to have the ability to reset your shit back to nothing.
>>
when did time loops become shit
>>
Why do people expect Subaru to NOT act retarded? He was traumatized and borderline insane when he did all those things. And he was already weak to begin with. What were you expecting? I think he's done pretty good given the circumstances.
>>
>>145145514
Subaru was using his resets as an inadverdant way of learning more about the world around him. He just became manic in this arc after seeing everyone he cares about dead in gruesome ways multiple times. It sucks for Subaru to die, but he well knows that each reset gives him another chance at redemption.
>>
Re:ZERO > Erased
>>
>>145145556
According to /a/, the moment Steins Gate become top ten on MAL.
>>
File: 1449993780973.webm (3MB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
1449993780973.webm
3MB, 852x480px
>>145137047
>best gimmick
>>
>/a/ hates Re:Zero now

What the fuck?
>>
Reminder that the majority of /a/ is composed of legitimately unintelligent people who have no fucking idea what "good writing" means
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.