[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does being NEET have to do with his failures? He's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 432
Thread images: 57

File: car.jpg (80KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
car.jpg
80KB, 1280x720px
What does being NEET have to do with his failures? He's failing because he's completely out of his element and in situations (and puts himself in situations) where he bites off more than he can chew. He wants to be a hero in some fantasy world, an unrealistic aim for anyone; it's not like a normal would be somersaulting through everything. He's also kind of stupid.

Is this just self-pity time?
>>
>>145133143

Ssssocial commentary.

You're right, and that's it, basically.
>>
>>145133143
You are correct. Even the author and MC himself admitted it. Your point?
>>
>>145133644
Your you.
>>
>>145133143

He's a NEET.
I'd say he was out of his element even in is own world.
>>
>>145133143
The thing is he isn't even a neet, nothing about his character represents any of the qualities associated with a neet, the writers simple claim he is, but fail to actually characterize him in that way at all.
>>
>>145133143

I'm getting pretty sick and tired of this anime for the reasons you stated and many more. I feel like most people here would, after discovering that they're completely normal except for their one single power, "return by death", they'd spend time immediately trying to figure out how to abuse it in this world of overpowered assholes around every corner. Personally, once getting to the mansion, and finding the magic library place, I'd immediately talk to Beatrice and try to learn if there was any sort of spell I could use to immediately suicide myself quickly and painlessly. I'd use my "any wish granted" from Roswaal to basically just study magic shit in the library until I at LEAST figured out a method where I could consistently kill myself quickly and painlessly whenever I needed to. Maybe I can't find a spell but I can make something similar to a cyanide tooth or something.

I mean even after dying a few times, why wouldn't your first idea for any normal person to sit for a while and think "man, dying really fucking sucks. It's torture. And I know I can never actually die, I'll always keep coming back. If nothing else, I really need to find a way to avoid the pain of death which seems to seek me out constantly". Who is just like "oh yeah no big deal I'm just going to ignore the ONE SINGLE POWER I HAVE IN THIS LAND OF OVERPOWERED ASSHOLES AND TRY TO DO CRAZY HEROIC SHIT AS A NORMIE"???

It's just become a purely schadenfreude anime at this point imo. If everything continues to be super shitty and depressing by the end of the first season I'll probably drop it and not come back for S2.
>>
>>145133870
>any of the qualities
Do you know anything about his previous life?
>>
>>145133143
More like what does being NEET have to do with anything at all? Why did the author make him a otaku-ass anime-referencing NEET? Why can't he be a normal lazy shmuck instead of very funny self-aware anime man.
>>
>>145133940
He's a high level street brawler, a NEET and reads trashy isekai LNs.
>>
>>145133934
>hey beatrice, can you teach me a spell on how to kill myself

Really?
>>
If he was shy, introvert I would believe that he's a neet, but he playing with the kids, "Victory!", and Emilia-tan, makes me think that he's completely socialy retarded, not a neet
>>
>>145133966
So that /a/ can see themselves on him and how they'll fail horribly when they're in his shoes.
>>
>>145133870
NEET =/= Otaku
He just wasn't doing anything with his life.
>>
>>145133143
>NEET
>Exercises all the time

He's not the NEET we deserve, but he's the NEET we need right now.
>>
>>145133870
>The thing is he isn't even a neet, nothing about his character represents any of the qualities associated with a neet

Anyone can be a neet. You're confusing it for hikikomoris.
>>
>>145133966
Because writers and audience are nerds and want to relate.
>>
>>145133727
This

The grass is always greener on the other side
>>
File: 1236446620087.jpg (160KB, 717x645px) Image search: [Google]
1236446620087.jpg
160KB, 717x645px
>>145134128
He acts like he belongs in the Sakuracon 2009 commercial.
>>
>>145133143
so is this a meme show or what?
>>
>>145133143
But if he hadn't been a NEET (or had the type of personality or upbringing or whatever the fuck history to become a NEET in the first place) he probably would have had some real-world experiences in Japan/our world that would have wisened him up a bit so he wouldn't have acted like such a fucking autistic manchild.
>>
>>145134128
You don't even know what NEET means do you?
>>
>>145133870
Not in
Education
Employment
or Training

Any qualities you're associating are purely from the media you've already been biased by. Anyone who loses their job and isn't in school or some other job training at the same time is a NEET immediately.
>>
>>145134128
>If he was shy, introvert I would believe that he's a neet
You don't know what a NEET is then.
>>
>>145134185
He is an otaku though. Haven't you paid any attention to his annoying anime references or 2ch lingo?
>>
>>145133143
Can't you see? It's precisely because he's a neet that he is "worthless" and keeps on getting killed by weapon prodigies, magic users and demons of every kind.
>>
>>145133934
>Here's what *I* would do!

No one cares. This isn't an anime about you.
>>
>>145133143
He stupid, so is the author for writing this garbage, and so are we all for watching it.
>>
>>145134194
But Re:zerofags keep claiming this is the anti-self-insert anime and that the author hates otaku.
>>
>>145133962
At least in this show being a NEET actually matters to the main character and affects his choices.

I never finished GATE, but I guess being an otaku was just for silly humor? I thought he'd use that knowledge to help out the fantasy world/characters in some way.

On a side note, Outbreak Company was interesting.
>>
>>145133962
>Digibro

Just stop.
>>
>>145133962

No Game No Life is a pretty solid NEET anime.
>>
>>145134619
It quite obvious that the author clearly dislikes his protagonist.
>>
>>145134880
No Game No Life is also pretty solid trash.
>>
>>145133143
Why don't you tell subaru that?
I mean, his growing despair centres around how he was before isekai. He was useless in the old world and he's being completely fucking destroyed over and over again in this one.
>>
>>145134106

Being a *bit* more subtle might help, wouldn't you think? Like idk, trying to learn lethal spells might be a good start, then learning how to use said spell(s) on yourself. Maybe there are poisons or curses you could use, or scrolls or some shit. Generally speaking you could just get her to point you in the right direction and then you do the real research yourself.

Main point being, I'd think it would be common sense that if you're transported to some magical world and you find out you're grossly underpowered EXCEPT for one specific power you get, wouldn't you try to figure out how to abuse that one power as much as possible? Seems obvious to me, idk. Especially since death is painful as fuck, which this anime makes abundantly clear. Hell even if you don't die you can still get tortured/beat-the-fuck-up, which is reason enough to figure out a way to escape those situations with your return by death power.

On the other hand I probably wouldn't give so much of a shit about Emilia (assuming I actually could do this and wasn't being manipulated somehow into giving a shit), I'd groundhog day the shit out of the Roswaal "any wish you want" day and use that to learn as much as I could in comfort. Then probably make my final wish to get a bunch of money or something so I could leave and have my own place somewhere far away from all the bullshit going down.

My main problem with the anime currently is that this all seems obvious and the MC is doing the exact fucking opposite. It's infuriating especially when he's in such extreme pain and agony every goddamn episode, it's getting to ridiculous levels now.
>>
>>145135014

How so? What do you think is good, then, and why?
>>
>>145135088
Subaru has no control over his autosaves.
Ever killed a bunch of NPCs in a game and then had it autosave?

The probability of having an autosave trigger right before something really nasty goes up the more he abuses the power.
>>
Does his body actually need to practice his magic to use it or is it all in his head? I like the idea that he has a dark aspect but can only make a fucking smokescreen with it.

Basically what I'm asking is if he dies after learning to control magic better can he still use it before he learned it or would his body not know how?
>>
>>145133143
>What does being NEET have to do with his failures?

NEET is shorthand for unemployed (or not in full time employment) and uneducated, in japan this carries a social stigma which implies that this person is himself "no good" or "trash"

Basically Japanese society which expects a normal well adjusted and intelligent person to enslave themselves for 60 hours a week of work (40 paid) to a corporation after years of grueling schooling. The type of person who can survive in this atmosphere is someone who has a "strong" mind, who is well "educated" and well "adjusted" (socially).

when you say you're a NEET in japan you're implying you're none of those things. What he's basically saying (to translate and localize into american slang) is he's trailer-trash who dropped out of highschool. Basically he's saying he's a welfare baby, who's living on foodstamps.

->this post is about japanese social views and morals, it is not about my own view of neets or a commentary about their lifestyle
>>
>>145135148
>i am a neet because I am scared of people other than my imouto that has no character other than lusting for my dick.
>but whenever the plot demands I am the most charismatic person in both worlds and hold speeches in front of entire nations.
And a lot of other trash, from plot armor to the other girls.
>>
>>145135209
>it's about recognising terrible anime without wasting your time

I think you'd recognize a terrible show from watching the first or second episode. Not from seeing a character or the synopsis. Any shitty anime trope can be excused as long as the show itself is good.
>>
>>145135260
His gate is broken. That's basically a 'you can't use magic fagget'.
>>
>>145135088

You have no money and no connections so how the fuck would you be able to learn spells you faggot?

>Would give a shit about Emilia

Oh ya not give a shit about a hot elf girl who is very nice to you and becomes your friend. Right.

>Groundhog day the shit out of Roswaal

This fucking idiot. If you asked for a bunch of money for Roswaal you would be disliked by everyone and Emilia wouldn't have a very high value of yourself. Also if you have a bunch of money and went somehwere that doesn't solve anything. You have no skills and so eventually that money will dry up and then what?

Another moron.
>>
>>145135088
Because that would be a smart thing to do which contradict his character? Which is the one thing that distinguish this series from the others and why it's so popular. It's different and haven't been seen before.

There're so many series with smart and OP MC just drop this and move on.
>>
File: 1342546314956.jpg (84KB, 675x720px) Image search: [Google]
1342546314956.jpg
84KB, 675x720px
>>145135489
>Shows with retarded MCs
>haven't been seen before
>>
File: are you a kinniku.png (80KB, 193x254px) Image search: [Google]
are you a kinniku.png
80KB, 193x254px
>>145135489
>dumb MCs haven't been done before
>>
>>145135408

Ah, I thought they were trying to heal it so he could eventually learn how to
>>
>>145135574
>>145135613

Samefag
>>
File: lewdmassage.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
lewdmassage.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
Make Satella happy
>>
>>145135645
>>145135489
Samefag.
>>
File: 1337294746500.jpg (46KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1337294746500.jpg
46KB, 250x250px
>>145135657

What would having your heart caressed even feel like?
>>
>>145134313
I think colloquially, in Japan at least, you tend to make a distinction between just unemployed (looking for a job) and NEET (content with being unemployed, likely not looking for a job). The latter tends to indicate a sense of resignation and lack of ambition.
>>
>>145135574
Example?
>Stupid
>Weak
Pick one. Subaru is both.
>>
>>145135687
Bags of salty coins.
>>
>>145135718
Fate Stay Night 2006
>>
>>145135362
>any shitty anime trope can be excused as long as the show itself is good
That's basically the premise of the video anon. The wasting your time part is more about not watching a huge of amount of the anime, not just the first episode or two. Personally I didn't watch GATE because the premise sounded dicey, which combined with it being a LN meant it was 99% going to be garbage
>>
>>145135718
There is a genre called harem, it's full of dumb useless MCs who are surrounded by superstronk girls.
>>
>>145133143
Since we know nothing about his previous life, it's a bit strange why the author would even tell us he's a NEET except to appeal to demographics.

Do they ever explain why his past is never thought about, talked about or referenced in any way?
>>
>>145135749
Weak how?
>>
File: 111.jpg (77KB, 404x449px) Image search: [Google]
111.jpg
77KB, 404x449px
Does the Witch's scent go away or weaken after a long enough time of nothing happen? Beatrice said a while ago that he reeked of it, and he has only died more since then.

I'd expect that most people that can detect that thing would be super suspicious of him like how Roswaal was when he first arrived.

If it's so bad that he can see the hands and shit now what is stopping people from just murdering him?
>>
File: 1249563680822.jpg (82KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
1249563680822.jpg
82KB, 853x480px
>>145135832
Spends the entire series as a damsel in distress or the cliched meat shield that Subaru also seems quite fond of.
>>
>>145135915
I hate this "weak MC takes hit for kawaii girl" cliche so much.
>>
>>145133143
>He wants to be a hero in a fantasy world, which is unrealistic
You answered your own question. Normal people wouldn't dick around and treat people in this fantasy world like toys for their own entertainment. They wouldn't put on acts (pretending to be insane, pretending to care deeply about others) to paint themselves as some martyr hero.

For most of the show, he's been acting like everything was some kind of game where he appears and becomes the type of self-insert hero you see in most isekai. It worked fairly well until he made a mockery of the royal selection and tried to become Emilia's knight against her wishes, which is definitely not something a normal person would try to do.
>>
>>145135759
GATE blatantly pointed out that the MC was an otaku. If it did anything right, it's to be honest about it being yet another generic isekai.
>>
>>145135915
That's the point he's dumb not weak. Shirou can kill Subaru 1000x over
>>
>>145135998

A normal person would probably be more autistic than Subaru and die way more than him.
>>
>>145135980
>Shirou I'm a heroic spirit protected by the legendary defense avalon and my own massive defense stat
>GIRLS CANT FIGHT RETARD

literally triggered
>>
>>145136023
But a better anime wouldn't have needed to point it out so blatantly. Let the scenes speak for themselves
>>
>>145136050
No, a normal person would be much more cautious about the strange world they find themselves in and wouldn't constantly fuck up like he Subaru does. If they had return from death, there's no reason why literally anyone couldn't do better, hence why people constantly complain about Subaru's retarded decision making on here. That's the point of his character.
>>
>>145135718
First one that comes to mind. The best part is that he's supposed to be smart, but he just isn't.
>>
>>145136125

I completely disagree about everything in this post.
>>
>>145136125
But why does him being a NEET make him think it's like a video game when he constantly gets shown otherwise through his own brutal deaths? Even the stupidest smelliest fattest NEET understands how to play video games, so getting a respawn power would make literally any NEET more successful than Mitsubishi.

He seems like his fatal flaw is being a retard rather than a NEET is what I'm saying.
>>
>>145136040
He can kill Subaru, but in his show he is still a weakling.
>>
>>145135462
>You have no money and no connections so how the fuck would you be able to learn spells you faggot?

That's the whole point of groundhog day'ing the Roswaal event (which if you remember re-occurred in the same way many many times before he finally overcame the curse, which makes it seem pretty likely that you could abuse that if you kept killing yourself after a few days. Or actually, if you found out about the curse, you could just keep abusing that to die over and over as a hard time limit). You have to save Emilia first to get there but I'd probably do that anyways because that's the only reasonable way to GET money/connections considering the circumstances at the start.

Then it's just about Roswaal's library. When learning about shamans and curses he spent a decent amount of time reading books in there, I don't see what would prevent you from spending as much time as you needed learning stuff, especially if you used Roswaal's "any wish you want" thing over and over again in various ways.

>hot elf girl who is very nice to you

I'm just not that thirsty, and honestly considering how horrific dying is, survival and learning how to properly use my power would be priority #1. I think the disembowling would be enough to convince me how important it is.

>money

By that point I'd have spent enough time in the Roswaal mansion doing what I wanted and learning everything I could. You don't age but your memory remains intact so this could go on for literally years, learning and increasing your magic abilities (as currently seen in the anime, even after dying and resetting subaru's magic abilities are able to grow stronger).

If I had a bunch of money and went somewhere obviously you'd use that for investments and such. You'd use it as a nest egg to start a normal life, like if you got an inheritance irl you'd probably do the same. Depending on how much money you could get from Roswaal, you might be able to get enough to simply retire in luxury somewhere, idk.
>>
>>145133143
>seasonal worst mc
>>
>>145136050
>it took him like dozen of respawns after yolorushing dangerous obstacles and some hard public humiliation to understand that he is just an ordinary human in world full of high level dudes, who supplex castles and sweat fireballs
>instantly throws a bitchfit over this fact
>implying average peson would be THAT autistic
>>
>>145136340

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
>>
This shitter is supposed to be the otaku master yet it took 3 deaths to realize he was respawning.
>>
>>145136230
You don't have to understand video games to understand a respawn ability. The reason why him being a NEET is his downfall is because his priorities are fucked up. He is incredibly boastful and talks big shit to dangerous potential enemies like that one knight who beat the shit out of him because his mind interprets the situation as one where he is the MC who can do no wrong. It's a consequence of consuming media like SAO where the main character is basically flawless, and even when when they're reckless it works out in the end. A normal person wouldn't insult a knight's honor for literally no reason, or disobey the wishes of the girl he loves just because he's curious.

In reality he barely sees the other characters as real people, just as characters.
>>
File: 302.png (161KB, 229x437px) Image search: [Google]
302.png
161KB, 229x437px
>>145136557

What would happen if he ended up moping the floor with the Knight that challenged him after numerous resets?
>>
>>145136433
Yes and?
>>
File: Sumaga.full.249963.jpg (105KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Sumaga.full.249963.jpg
105KB, 800x600px
>>145136433
Funny because Re:Zero's same exact gimmick is used in a well known porno game from 2008, except Unkoman is blessed with a better save mechanic.

Sounds like he's not as well versed in otaku culture as he pretends to be.
>>
>>145136557

So basically Subaru is retarded or otherwise mentally deficient in some way. I just wish the anime would be more straightforward about this since it seems to portray him as a normal dude and then he goes ahead and does all of this retarded shit that no sane person would do given the circumstances.

I mean you'd think even just the pain of the first time dying would be enough to wake up even the most retarded person into being way more cautious and figuring out what's going on. But not Subaru for some reason. In fact he seems to get MORE reckless as the anime progresses, which is completely insane.

Not the guy you were talking to before btw.
>>
>>145136685
It's highly inconsistent with him being the trope know-it-all.
>>
>>145136724
>I just wish the anime would be more straightforward about this since it seems to portray him as a normal dude and then he goes ahead and does all of this retarded shit that no sane person would do given the circumstances.
How do you portray somebody that's stupid in a more explicit way than making him do stupid shit?
>>
>>145133934
What you don't seem to understand is that the power ain't his, he's a dog on a leash. He's not in control and the witch keeps reminding him that.
>>
>>145136639
There's no way he could've beat him with so little time for preparation unless he got somebody else to help fight. He was stuck without the only power he had to help him, and finally had to face the consequences of his actions.
>>
>>145133934
Every death he experience makes scar on his mind animeonly friend. He literally dies everytime he 'uses' his power and he's really afraid to die because it's fucking horrifying.
And he isn't sure that this power has no limit. What if the next time he die he really die? Do you think he would die just to know today's weather?
>>
>>145136764

They portray him more like a normal, average person so it gives the impression that "this is what a normal person would do in this situation", that's the problem I have with it.

Obviously he's retarded my problem is they seem to portray him in sense that "yeah well any normal person would act like a retard in these extreme circumstances, though!" Which simply isn't true.

>>145136782

No I understand that, but I'm glad you brought that up because it leads me to an important question that has yet to be truly answered and that I briefly mentioned here: >>145135088
>On the other hand I probably wouldn't give so much of a shit about Emilia (assuming I actually could do this and wasn't being manipulated somehow into giving a shit)

This might very well be true, I've heard some people post about it briefly from time to time around here too. If that's the case then it just makes it that much more of a schadenfreude anime, because Subaru then doesn't really have free will, he's to some extent a mind-controlled zombie. Not in the extreme sense of course, but he's basically set on a path he can't get out of, with his mind being manipulated to act in a certain way by the Witch.

Which just makes the anime worse because Subaru can't even really be held accountable for his own actions, he'd just be a puppet at that point who thinks he's doing his own thing, but in reality he's just doing what the Witch wants him to. Which is just depressing since at least at this point in the story of the anime, it would seem to imply he's in a weird form of torture of which there is no escape, and he can't think his way out of it because his mind is being controlled by the Witch to act in certain ways.
>>
>>145135088
He doesn't know if he'll keep coming back.

Sure it's likely, but he doesn't KNOW. Hence he's scared of abusing it.
>>
>>145137228
>Do you think he would die just to know today's weather?

You cheeky fuck
>>
File: japanese_society.jpg (217KB, 1094x1178px) Image search: [Google]
japanese_society.jpg
217KB, 1094x1178px
I am tired of Neets in anime, why studios and jap society still with "Neets = otaku" and "they ruined japan"?

Japan should stop insulting his young children.
>>
>>145137376
>they seem to portray him in sense that "yeah any normal person would act like this in this situation"
Not really. He's the only one who's ever implied anything like that, and it was out of self-pity. Other characters have understandably called him out time and time again for his weird behavior and incomprehensible decisions.
>>
NEETs are subhumans who think they're tough shit. Its the perfect archetype for subaru.
>>
>>145137228

I feel like the "scars on his mind" aren't from just dying but from HOW he dies. He dies in a variety of really gruesome and painful ways, he sees his friends die or get tortured, etc. I feel like if he just hung out in the mansion and died in his sleep every 4-5 days it wouldn't really be scarring, or furthermore if he had a way to painlessly, instantly kill himself, it would avoid the problems of long, excruciating pain and agony usually associated with his deaths.

Whether the power has a limit or not may be uncertain, but it certain seems implied at this point. To the point where several times he probably wish he COULD die, but wasn't allowed to. Ultimately I bet there's information you could learn in the library books on the Witch and maybe something that could explain how the power works in more detail.

In general I'd experiment and figure out how the fuck my one single power works, what it's limits are, how the autosave function works with how it changes, etc. Honestly the roswaal save point is pretty important because you have access to his vast library, to training from Pack, to learning the history and language from Ram, etc.

This of course is all assuming you're not being mentally manipulated all the time by the Witch which would make any form of revolt pretty much useless.

Ultimately though I'd probably take the risk, alongside learning all I could from the library. If I could learn enough and gain enough magic power from training before finally leaving the mansion with enough money to retire or at least start a business somewhere far away, I'd probably refrain from dying anymore.
>>
>>145137376
>They portray him more like a normal, average person

Sure, maybe at first, but by the time episode 13 rolls around he makes actions that are supposed to disconnect him from the viewer. He disconnects from any traces of self insert he had and strongly becomes his own character, morphing from "normal, average person" to "Mitsubishi".

There's even a very personal backstory for him later on that explains a lot about how he acts.

I dunno, it seems like you're putting in an intention that isn't even meant to be there. In fact I'd say the show is trying to do the opposite.
>>
>>145137493
It's because of their society shame thing, they don't want to admit they are at fault. If any other country fucks up as bad, they always admit the country is bad, and not "this group of people is at fault and everybody should stop being like them".
If a woman gets raped, they blame the woman, it's an island full of retards.
>>
Why doesn't he just go do something normal like farming?
>>
>>145135687
It would be extremely painful.
>>
>>145137718

Farm

>Has no knowledge of how to farm
>Has no money to buy equipment
>Has no seeds
>Has no one he knows to set up trades with the townspeople
>>
>>145137765
Well he could always start as a farm hand
>>
>>145135998

>You answered your own question. Normal people wouldn't dick around and treat people in this fantasy world like toys for their own entertainment.

Subaru is the most normal human in Emilia world. Royal candidates are who treat people like toys for their own entertainment. Knight are dicks, and women (Emilia, Betty, maids, etc) are irredeemable crazy bitches.

Well, the thing is, This anon ("Normal people wouldn't dick around..."). presents a very romanticized, very clean-cut, idyllic perspective of human relationships.
>>
>>145137659
>Being this much of a self insert.
Just enjoy the show
>>
Satella really exist?

There are flashbacks of Satella killing the other witches?
>>
>>145137833

Where? He got transported to a new world and doesn't know anyone.

Let us say he asks a random stranger to the nearest farm. He goes there. What does he say? That he wants to learn how to farm? The farmer wouldn't take more expenses just to be nice to some kid.

Besides the huge problem of having no skills and no farmer paying him to work for them, what neet would want to be a farmer when they got transported to a fantasy world?
>>
>>145137903

I mean, it's less about this show and more about the ability. Superpowers have always interested me and he basically has the two most important combinations of superpowers one can have, albeit in imperfect, extreme, and limited ways: immortality and time travel.

The conditions on their use is limited in a very interesting way which is why I like analyzing it and how it could be abused for personal gain in these circumstances.
>>
>>145137659
You're being retarded. There's absolutely no indication the library would have any information on the power, Subaru has no guarantees on how reliable his power is, and dying even by painless serum or spell would still be traumatic. This is some next level self-insertion by someone who doesn't understand basic logic.

But I could've guessed you were autistic purely from your essay-length posts
>>
>>145137993
Ah I see, apologies then
>>
>>145137861
>very romanticized view of human relationships
Not really. Would a logical human being do something that could potentially kill them? No, especially not in a fantasy world where they already know there are murderers and evil people lurking all over the place. Yet Subaru makes that gamble time and time again. There's nothing romanticized about not acting against your own best interests.
>>
>>145137993
>>145137659
I doubt you'd be testing this power if you found yourself in Subaru's shoes though. Besides the obvious problem of not knowing if your power will run out after a few uses, it probably isn't that easy to overcome your survival instincts on a whim whenever you need it.

It comes in handy when you get butchered against your will but no normal person will be able to manipulate this ability for their own gain
>>
>>145138198

The average person wouldn't help Emilia in her situation and get a favour by Rawshall.

You can't take Subaru's progress and then use it but then criticize it.
>>
File: maxresdefault_2.jpg (104KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault_2.jpg
104KB, 1280x720px
>>145133143

Most isekai only work with loser MCs and male It's because you can write a male protagonist with flaws (Subaru, etc) without any problems. When you write a female protagonist automatically suddenly she is a role model that represent all women everywhere.

This is really bad when it comes to comedy since if you make a joke that the female MC is stupid or somehow inept, internet people cry sexism. Notice how on Re:Zero all female have an empowerment theme?
>>
>>145138009
>There's absolutely no indication the library would have any information on the power

It's a huge fuck-off magic library filled with tons of books of information from around the fucking planet. Even if there is no information there, which I'd find unlikely, you could still educate yourself a LOT from the information provided in those books and get more powerful from them. If there isn't any relevant info on your power there you could at least learn about the Witch there in more detail, and if the info isn't there it probably isn't anywhere. It's still an incredibly valuable resource you wouldn't be able to find anywhere else. It's guarded by a magic loli ffs, it's pretty damn important and powerful.

>Subaru has no guarantees on how reliable his power is

I mean, what else do you suggest he do? I'd be willing to take the risk to learn how my power works considering I'm probably fucked in this world otherwise. His ability to gather information and perhaps train his magic abilities is really all he has in this extremely violent and harsh world.

Furthermore he hasn't died after a ton of deaths thusfar, even when he wanted to, even when he told emilia about his power. All evidence seems to prove that it doesn't have a limit, but even if it does, I'd still rather use however many chances I've got to study shit in the library and otherwise live a comfortable life in the mansion until my number of respawns is up. Don't exactly have any other options here.

>painless dying would still be traumatic

I dont think so. The traumatic part is the pain for X amount of time, and seeing your friends die. You'd need some further explanation besides "WELL IT JUST IS OKAY??" to really convince me of this. Especially in my case, you're living in a comfy mansion and dying in your sleep every 4-5 days or whatever it was due to the curse.

>>145138259

It's your one power in an inescapable, cruel world where you start with nothing. Not sure what else you're implying you'd do.
>>
>>145138289
>wouldn't help Emilia and get a favor by Roswaal
So? Is that necessary for him to survive? A normal person (excluding any designs by the witch) would probably just find some normal work and live a normal life. And I'm sure plenty of people would help a beautiful, rich, and clearly powerful girl who needs help.

In any case, the point is that even though he has had his share of his successes, his failures are explicitly because of his being not as socially adjusted and capable as the average person. That's not to say he can't still end up with a happy ending in spite of it.
>>
>>145138289

That's debatable. Even if you take away the moralistic viewpoint, you could still see how doing a favor for a person who is obviously well off in some way could help benefit you when you have nothing to start with.

Because if you ignore that the real question is, what else could you really do to live given that situation? You have no money, no skills, no family, no social connections, no knowledge of the world around you or it's people, can't read... seems to me like you would have few other options.
>>
>>145133143

being NEET explains why he prefers emilia: it's in his nature wanting to support neo-marxism which provides neetbux
>>
>>145133934
>>145137659
Wouldn't be that he still values his life? He is a moonie after all, and after they start to devalue his life they become depressed motherfuckers. Isn't this a point in the series? He should stop being a retard and start living his life at its fullest?
>>
File: 1468251142739.jpg (50KB, 572x718px) Image search: [Google]
1468251142739.jpg
50KB, 572x718px
>>145138564

This moron. The average anon is not normal and is an autistic dipstick who can barely talk to people. An out of shape neet with very little life skills and would be in terrible shape. Yet....you want a person who hated their life in their world go on to to hate their life in the new world? The only jobs available to you would be manual labour and would be paid in scraps. No house and be homeless until you have enough to get our own place. Get up, work in back breaking job, come home, eat, shower, sleep. Rinse, lather and repeat.

No anon given the opportunity of a lifetime would go this route.
>>
>>145133143
His failures in the fantasy world reflect on his failures in his prior life. He is a loser now as he was a loser then, it's not complicated. The problem is fundamentally with him, the kind of person he is.
>>
>>145133934
>"return by death", they'd spend time immediately trying to figure out how to abuse it in this world of overpowered assholes around every corner. Personally, once getting to the mansion, and finding the magic library place, I'd immediately talk to Beatrice and try to learn if there was any sort of spell I could use to immediately suicide myself quickly and painlessly

Subaru on the episode before knowing nothing
>I should take care, I respawned after 3 times last time but I don't know I'll respawn a fourth

Anon, with 20/20 hindsight
>I'd kill myself one thousand times

Talk about low self-steem.
>>
>>145138483
>inescapable
He literally got there in a "POOF! You're there" moment. Depending on the mechanisms behind this, he could just as easily go back to his own world

>cruel
Only because he insists on jumping headfirst into danger for his crush. Plenty of people are living peaceful, ordinary lives in the capital alone

That isn't what I'm talking about though. I'm saying you wouldn't be able to kill yourself left and right like it was nothing just because you found out about your power.
>>
>>145138875

Why would an anon who is living a normal life in his old world choose to live a normal life in a new fantasy world? You can completely reinvent yourself and do ambitious new things yet we have guys like you saying to go for normality.
>>
>>145138483
>I don't think painless dying is traumatic
Humans and most other living things have been conditioned throughout evolution to be terrified of death, for obvious reasons. Do you think that, say, putting a gun to your head with the intention to commit suicide wouldn't be traumatic? After all, it would be essentially painless, so according to you it would be a piece of cake.

You're basing a lot of your logic on the idea that this power is like a superpower that can be "researched" and potentially used to his benefit. Yet up until this point it's obvious that he's just under the control of the witch who has her own goals in keeping him alive, and he knows this.

There are no rules to the power except that he doesn't die. He could, for example, autosave right after being captured and get stuck into a loop of neverending death. The witch could torture him endlessly for attempting to learn more, or by trying to cheat the system, or for literally any reason, because Subaru doesn't know her motives. The power could just stop working. Would you really be willing to risk any of these outcomes (plus endure the mental trauma of committing suicide over and over and having everything reset every time) in exchange for a little bit more information that may or may not help you?

The answer is obviously not. Try to consider things realistically, even though that seems to be difficult for you.
>>
>>145138709
I'm pretty sure you misread what I posted. A "normal person" would be capable of getting and holding down a manual labor job. I never said anything about an anon doing the same
>>
>>145138658

Depends on how you define "values his life". As far as things go once his power is discovered, as previously stated, he's basically immortal with the ability to time travel maybe about a week into the past. For example I'd probably test the time I had before the autosave moved by killing myself +1 day until the autosave moved to see how long I had to work with (though the like 5 days I think from the curse would be good enough for me since I really wouldn't want to mess with that autosave point).

Death isn't as scary when you know you're immortal and just going to awake in your bed like nothing happened. The movie Groundhog Day is actually really interesting if you want to get into it, Bill Murray's character actually ends up committing suicide in a ton of different ways at one point, it's an interesting exploration of the theme of "what would you do if you were forced to live the same day over and over again, for what might be eternity?" He goes through states of depression, of hedonism, of exploration and self-improvement, etc.

We "value our life" so much because we know irl we only have one as far as we can tell. If you were effectively immortal, it's less about not valuing your life as much as knowing you can't lose it.

As far as this series goes I think it's more one of those "well if Batman just shot the Joker the movie would be over in 5 minutes so obviously they can't do that". They just sorta artificially made him retarded so it would fit the narrative and let them tell the story they want, if he acted like we all think would be common sense, there wouldn't be an anime.

Death Note is a good example of what I mean by getting a single power and then experimenting and figuring out how you can effectively use it. Not including the retarded Near shit of course, that might as well not exist as far as I'm concerned, but before that. If Subaru got the death note he'd probably be caught by the police within a week and cry about it.
>>
>>145138483
>spending weeks in a library with a small hope to find something
He had to learn first how to read and now he can read books for kids. I don't want to know how difficult it is to read magic stuff written by old researchers. Beatrice is certainly not going to waste her time helping him looking for some obscure ability. He certainly wants to do other shit like hanging out with his friends or protecting them.
>I'd be willing to take the risk
You can say that only because you're observing as a third person. He's afraid of using up his limits and will not risk it.
>traumatic part is pain and seeing your friends die
The most traumatic part for him is how with every loop he improves his relationship with his friends which then gets erased. He's being isolated by his ability which is the worst thing for him. He wants to make friends badly, but it's fucking difficult for him, if he can remember weeks worth of interaction while the other person only knows him for 2 days.
It just gets tedious after some time repeating the same thing every time.
>>
>>145139074

Why would I give a shit about a normal person you sperg? We are on /a/, we aren't normal. I am clearly discussing the average anon who gets transported there.

Retard.
>>
>>145138967
Because being transported into a fantasy world doesn't magically make you into an overpowered amazing being? You're still the same old unimpressive you. If anything, you should be even more cautious because in a fantasy setting you'd be among the weakest beings in that world, even among other humans (who can cast spells and fuck shit up)
>>
Imagine that instead of subaru being some MC character, imagine that he was a real person.
This explains most of his actions.
>>
>>145138967
That's exactly what Subaru does, give he's basically an anon. He tries to live an extroadinary life where he is the main character. But he gets too caught up in his delusions and becomes reckless.
>>
>>145139135

You utter fool. Why would an anon who was weak, powerless and an abject failure meekly accept mediocrity? If anon was given the chance to start all over in a new world, you can bet your ass they would go all in to do as much as they can to experience it. Fuck living a normal meaningless life when your old life was just that.
>>
>>145139088
>Death isn't as scary when you know you're immortal and just going to awake in your bed like nothing happened.
>know
This is the entire problem. He doesn't know shit, he doesn't know what triggers the save points, he doesn't know what happens if he uses it too much, he doesn't know if it will even trigger at all the next time he dies. He has animated these worries throughout the series, and confirmed that he pretty much has no control over any of it.

Humans doubt the unknown, and with doubt, death is terrifying.
>>
>>145139088
How does he have time checking out his autosave when there's a big event nearly every week?
He's not a fucking robot who will blow all his time on repeatedly dying so he can min max his ability. He's just a dude who wants to hangout with his new friends,
>>
>>145139238

Subaru experienced emotions he has numbed out for years and is now doing things he could only dream in his new life. Honestly yes he has gone through a lot but he is growing as a person.

Give me that over some shitty manual labour job I do until I drop dead.
>>
Isn't he like 18 or 19?

If he finished High School how long would he be a NEET? A year at best?

I know people who are fuck ups for way longer than that.
>>
Since I don't want to make another new Re:Zero thread...

Can anyone fucking explain why Emilia gives her name as Satella in the first episode?

I feel like there was an explanation but I missed it or had a shit sub. Assuming it won't spoil anything later on mind you, I've not read the LN.
>>
>>145139132
>call me a moron because you disagree with something I didn't say
>call me a retard because I politely correct you
Well, at least you're acting like an anon according to yourself
>>
Can't we have a show with a normal guy as the protagonist for once and not a Gary Stu who can do no wrong or a complete retard who shits the bed at every occasion.
>>
>>145139383

I would assume he didn't go school and didn't work a single day in his life. Probably staying in his room all summer not looking for work while his parents worked.
>>
>>145138993
>He could, for example, autosave right after being captured and get stuck into a loop of neverending death.
This made me remember one anon, weeks ago when we were having a discussion about this too, that said as an answer to someone that said "jumping off a cliff is relatively a quick and painless death"

>jumps off a cliff
>dies
>save point moved
>moved to mid-air after the jump
>I'm sure after three gorillion deaths Subaru would learn how to fly

People somehow keep relating "kill myself" to "I'd do more" and "I would get used" but tend to forget that they do not control the curse, neither can be sure they'd be able to do more anyway.

If anything, the only thing that is constant is that you can't control the power.
>>
>>145139430

The plot of re:zero if it was a normal guy.

NG: Hmm I seem to be transported to a new place. I have a cell phone half way charged up and no money. I will need to find work and a place to stay.

*NG looks around the city for work and gets a gig.*

NG is homeless for a while but saves up to have his own place. NG does this for the rest of his life.
>>
>>145139423
It was a test to see if he was really as ignorant of the world as he seemed, and not someone messing with her.
>>
>>145139312
I'm not saying he still can't end up with a happy ending, or that he's necessarily wrong for acting the way he does. I'm just saying that he's gone through significantly more hardship and pain than the average person would in his position.
>>
>>145138993

Like I said, if the Witch is just controlling him than this whole discussion is moot, since he's not a free agent anymore, he's just a puppet of the Witch with no real free will and is being manipulated into these situations no matter what he personally would want to do.

So since that's pointless to discuss (even if it very well might end up being correct in the anime itself), I find it more interesting to discuss it as if this weren't the case and you could reasonably do what you wanted within the limits set by how his power works from what we've seen.

We fear death instinctually and rationally because we understand we likely just have this one life and that's it. Putting a gun to my head would be far less traumatic imo (honestly that's not really painless, a better example would be an exit bag or cyanide), if traumatic at all, if I knew I wouldn't actually die permanently from it.

The Roswaal save point is the most interesting one of all because the death from the curse gives him around 5 days I believe and he simply dies in his sleep, and the save point is before he states his wish for saving Emilia. It also comes incredibly early in the series, requiring only that you save Emilia from the bowel hunter. The curse death is painless in that it's shown to happen in his sleep and he doesn't suffer at all from it.

I mean don't get me wrong, it's still a pretty grim superpower. But considering the alternatives I'd still say it's your best bet considering the circumstances. Honestly even if I died for real after lets say 100 iterations of living in the mansion, I probably wouldn't even mind it. At least I wouldn't have to deal with that shit in that world anymore which is pretty much like living in the middle ages except with tons of magical shit that can kill you at any time for no reason at all.

If the Witch however can do anything she wants to me or torture me whenever, it's kinda pointless to discuss this, you're just fucked. Ergo, Schadenfreude.
>>
>>145139429

Cries about me insulting him instead of focusing on the point I was making. Fuck off and don't bother quoting me if you don't have anything decent to say.
>>
File: 1435754947798.png (179KB, 950x800px) Image search: [Google]
1435754947798.png
179KB, 950x800px
>>145139249
You misunderstand. I'm saying an average person in our world would be considered weak as shit in a fantasy setting where people are goddamn mages, paladins or whatever. Suddenly finding yourself in such a dangerous world should humble you the fuck up and make you think twice before doing anything, while you're calling for the exact opposite.

Someone who was a failure in our average, shitty world suddenly wants to be amazing in a world where people slay dragons and become archwizards? Yeah, good luck with that, you dumb nigger
>>
>>145139423
She doesn't want to drag Mitsubishi into her mess and presents herself as the equivalent of Satan, expecting Mitsubishi would be a normal person who would then think she's insane and would then leave her alone.
>>
>>145138483
>I'd be willing to take the risk
This might sound offensive, I can assure its not, but why aren't you taking the risk right now?
>>
>>145137493
NEETs don't count toward unemployment. If they're still seeking work and are only temporarily out of job (inbetween transition), then they're the unemployed.

If they're not seeking work and not in education (not in transition), and not seeking training, and have given up on work/education/training, then they're neet.

Usually neet is someone without those for extended period of time, not just 1 day without job.

BTW US has similar classification for unemployed and "out of laborforce" two distinct categories that don't share demographics.
>>
>>145139491

The problem with that logic is that the auto save point has always been multiple days in the past, consistently.

But again if the Witch can just do whatever the fuck she wants whenever she wants no matter what you do then it's pointless to discuss this. You're just a slave at that point and if she wants to torture you at any point she just can and you can't do anything to stop it.
>>
>>145139518

The average person would be extremely risk averse and thus his story would be boring as fuck. Subaru takes risks and does actions that open new possibilities instead of playing it safe like you normal fags want it to be.
>>
>>145139530
You're missing that Subaru's good moments die with him. All the good that he's done with everyone else dies, their memories of their relationship erased.
With enough repititions it would get to the point where you know them perfectly but they don't know you at all. It'd be the ultimate turn-off and they would never be able to trust you.
>>
>>145139530
>most interesting point
>it comes incredibly early
>requires only to save Emilia
You're literally treating his whole situation like a game. You can't do that for long if you experience the thing as first person.
>>
>>145139530
>if the witch is controlling him then this discussion is moot
Subaru already knows he's being controlled, so your argument is just stupid at this point. Go back to /co/ if you want to have in-depth discussions on superpowers.
>>
>>145137760
sigh...

FOR YOU
>>
>>145134362
we're saying that he is an otaku and NOT a neet you literal faggot
>>
>>145139536
>why didn't you address my totally unrelated point after I called you names? clearly you're the one in the wrong here. let's continue to be mad for no reason
>>
>>145139088
>Death isn't as scary when you know you're immortal and just going to awake in your bed like nothing happened.

>immortal

There's a BIG difference between
># of lives: INFINITE
># of lives: 99
>>
>>145139780
More like
># of lives: Unknown
>After each death the witches' curse gets more power over you (hence the increased 'smell')

If he hadn't died at all the whale wouldn't be chasing his stinky ass
>>
>>145139845
W H A L E

O F

A

T A L E
>>
>>145139617
>But again if the Witch can just do whatever the fuck she wants whenever she wants no matter what you do t
Yeah, that's what I meant.

She probably wouldn't do it, but there's no way you could know or be sure of it, because you don't even know why she's doing this with you.
>>
>>145139094

You could make your wish "I want to use your library for research while I stay here as a guest", in which case Beatrice would be obligated to help you find shit.

He may want to make friends but that's unrealistic considering the circumstances. Essentially what I'm trying to explain here is that he's fucked as just a normal human in this world, so his best bet is to spend as much time as possible learning about the world around him and, if possible, improving his magic ability to the point where he's not getting murdered every goddamn week in various, grotesque ways because everyone is so much more powerful than him. Then leave the mansion with your final wish being for some sort of monetary compensation (whether that's enough to fully retire or just enough to start your own business, idk) and leaving, because staying around Emilia is almost certainly going to lead to death.

I'd make friends somewhere else, somewhere safe, using the knowledge I gained from all of that studying and hopefully improved magic power as well to maintain that lifestyle and not have to die again.

I mean the alternative is for him to do what he has been doing and keep dying in various ways to people way stronger than him, watching his friends die in cruel ways, etc.

Doesn't exactly seem like a common sense choice compared to finding a way to create a comfortable life free from death and pain or die trying.
>>
>>145139088
There is a different between we and him. We aren't afraid to die so we can fix our errors, Subaru is different, he is a japanese boy who has started to value his own life because he is starting to see living can be worthy if he stop being such a beta loser. He has to value himself and the chances he has in the present. I believe the author has this in mind when he introduced the question that Subaru could be just jumping from a timeline to another.
>>
>>145139958

Beatrice isn't obligated to help him. She can let him use the library but that is it.

There is a major difference of reading up on theory and using via practice. And even if this dumb idea you had was possible, his magic ability would be still extremely novice and he would still be killed off easily.

As I said before, even if you get the money you have no skills whatsoever. The money would dry up because you have no business connections to increase money in other avenues.

>I'd make friends somewhere else, somewhere safe, using the knowledge I gained from all of that studying and hopefully improved magic power as well to maintain that lifestyle and not have to die again.

You are there for a short while, you aren't a master nor are you vexxed enough to maintain a lifestyle. All you did was read up books on magic not actually practice it with a mentor.
>>
>>145139940

But if you follow that logic then this anime is just pure Schadenfreude. Subaru has been thrown into a new world with OP murderous assholes everywhere he goes, he's weak and essentially has no power, he can't escape the world because no matter how many times he dies he is forced back to life while maintaining his memory, and he is manipulated by the Witch to constantly go after Emilia and try to protect her despite his weakness and no matter how many cruelties or torture he suffers. He also can't tell anyone about his power.

In that case we're basically just watching a puppet bash it's head into the wall over and over again. I'm hoping this isn't the case because honestly at this point in the series, it's getting a bit hard to watch. He's basically just a normal guy dying in various gruesome ways over and over again and he can't stop it. He can only move forward like a lemming into the next death trap.
>>
>>145140125
Not to mention that his gate is busted so he couldn't use magic anyway
I mean, they literally had an entire scene where subaru tries to learn magic and gets bootyblasted to teach you that magic isn't an option
>>
>>145140345
You can say that word as many times as you like but it still doesn't make sense. The point of the show is to see the MC fail, then realize his failures, grow as a character, and eventually succeed. It's basically as uncomplicated as it gets
>>
>>145133143

OP is right

Subaru never demonstrates lazyness in what he does, he only is too weak, stupid or emotional. Nobody gets hurt due to Subaru's character flaws like the show seems to try to say.

The witch cult is not his fault, they will kill Emilia with of without him existing.

If the knights he insulted shanked Emilia or Rem in an alley, that would be a tragedy. They would have died due to his character flaws.

Is the author really going to say
"I wasnt 'really' trying lol"
despit showing the opposite the whole time, if anything is lazy its that writing.

Come on, Subaru already overcame slothfullness when he transfered worlds and decided to leave his old self behind and actually give it a shot. Why are we being shown this again, not only that but get smacked on the head with it repeatedly.

The only hint of resposibility was when he hid in Beako's library and the Dog killed Rem. You could say she died because of Subaru's cowardice although it is a push. Subaru then realises inaction is not an option for him and goes for it again. Character devopment. Fantastic.

Did puck really call him slothfull and blame him? What a Hypocrit
>Puck and Roswall have far more responsibility for Emilia's death
>Emilia is the one who kept Subaru away from herself

If Emilia's deaths are due to anyones flaws its her own.

Ive been enjoying the show and i think its interesting, but its awful at being a poetic tragedy. It would be really easy to tone things down a bit and make poeple's deaths actually be Subaru's fault, example above.

After that episode, He learned not to hate himself. He learned that he can help people and that he has.

Great! But apart from that nothing's changed. He simply hasnt been lazy and he hasnt been responsible for anything going wrong, only uable to fix it.
>>
File: puck.jpg (276KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
puck.jpg
276KB, 1280x720px
>>145140125
>All you did was read up books on magic not actually practice it with a mentor.

How did he learn how to use Shamak, hmmm?
>>
>>145140510
Being a NEET led to his failures =/= laziness led to his failures
You should read the thread
>>
>>145140602
>>145140408
That was an easy as fuck spell
>>
>>145140345
Are you watching the same thing as me? He's the reason Emilia, Rem and the whole Roswaal Manor is alive. He can stand his ground against the OP murderous assholes and he's aiming for a life next to Emilia, a life next to a potential king and he's making pretty good progress.
>>
>>145140452

He isn't succeeding currently, though. He's just ramming his head into a wall over and over again.

I mean I hope that isn't going to always be the case but it's been quite a few episodes now and it's getting a bit tiring.
>>
>>145133143
>completely out of his element
>this is exactly what NEET stands for
NO EXPERIENCE EDUCATION TRAINING
He is a NEET.
>>
>>145139088
>maybe about a week into the past.

First loop: same day
>a week after
Second loop: three to four days
>weeks after
Third loop: two? three? days

Maybe a week is too much, if anything you'd think this works within less than a week. But there's no way to know if you will respawn three days ago or in the same day.
>>
>>145140671
Yes he used the a basic simple blind skill, which nuked his mana gate and now he needs several sessions with the strongest healer to recover from that. What makes people think he can learn good skills in a feasible time?
>>
>>145140766

/a/ is filled with brainless idiots who think they are smarter than they really are.
>>
>>145140671

The point is that he has a mentor in Puck if he wanted to learn more shit and was responsible with his use of magic.

Think of Bill Murray's character learning to play the piano in Groundhog Day. And he only has 1 single day to live over and over.
>>
>>145140682
He's succeeding you idiot. He needs those failures to solve the situation, it's his special gimmick.
>>
>>145133934
evertime he dies, it's like burning a bonfire ascetic
>>
>>145140345
I don't think that's the point of the show but, I'm sorry, I can't see what is wrong or what is the point you are trying to make here.
>>
>>145140766
I was referring the other guy to your post friend
>>
>>145140821
Yeah, but a piano didn't fall into Bill's head and made him tetraplegic, so he could still learn how to play it.

I said tetraplegic because I'm sure if I said
>but he didn't broke his hand
someone would say
>then he could learn with his feet!
completely missing the point
>>
>>145137903
It's really hard to enjoy somebody you can't relate to, especially if you can't relate to them because they are insanely retarded, far more retarded than your average human being.

"Suffering" is only enjoyable if a person put forward reasonable effort. Okabe put forth an amount of effort that his suffering was something you could understand. This guy died 10 times over the course of about a month, then fancied himself as god for it who everybody should worship because of his own insecurities. Keep in mind after 3 attempts to save the people who totes cared about he tried to give up completely and run away, and this is his second time doing so.

He is just a far worse version of Shirogane Takeru.
>>
>>145140821
Unsurprisingly, Groundhog Day isn't the best choice for a realistic example. Learning the piano would require years of muscle memory, something that can't be built up in a single day no matter how many times you relive it. I'm sure learning magic spells would be the same way or everyone would be wizards.
>>
>>145140602
He didn't learn how to use shamack. The black cloud shit is like a piston backfiring, it wasn't supposed to happen. He's damaging his engine for the smoke.
That and his gate never being used before means his shit is busted
>>
Yeah. The NEET commentary was one of my few complaints about the episode along with the stupid beam of light and the title drop.

It felt shoehorned in and unnecessary. It took away from what we've seen him go through in the actual series when the author puts a greater emphasis on this shit we didn't see for the sake of pushing his irrelevant agenda.
>>
>>145138009
Why do people keep saying dying is traumatic?

You do realize there is literally nothing traumatic about a death that has no consequences, right? The reason why certain events scar you is because they install either a strong fear in you r a sense of loss.

MC doesn't have to fear the death because he comes back a-ok and he loses nothing when he does so. If anything dying over and over again but always being able to come back and progress when doing the "right" thing would make a person jaded and basically immune to the fear of death. Even Beatrice comments on it multiple times saying "You aren't afraid to die at all."

You can't really use seeing everybody you know dying 3 times as some excuse either, because any normal person would try a lot harder than 3 times to actually do something about it before actually worrying no matter what they do they might not be able to save that person and want to fuck off and run away.

MC is a particularly massive faggot, and not even in the way of somebody like Shinji Ikari who is "justified" in most of his emotions.
>>
>>145141162
>le muscle memory meme
There is no memory actually stored in the muscles.
It's all in the fucking brain.
Anything in the brain is fair game when you have memory retaining powers, since memories forge physical changes in the brain to get stored, so do the changes in the cerebellum when learning to coordinate muscles
>>
>>145138709
Why do people like you project so much? You don't know anything about the average anon, they are anonymous.
>>
>>145140625
Show me where being a NEET has caused any of the terrible shit to happen.
>>
>>145141211

Didn't he go all out when Puck tried to tell him to slow his fucking roll and be careful with it or something? I'd need to go back to the episode to look but I'm pretty sure he was an arrogant prick about it like YEAH LETS DO THISSSSSS WOOOOO and that's what fucked him by overdoing it. Probably partly because he wanted to impress Emilia too I could imagine.

I feel like a normal person wouldn't just rush into something like that, which would mean his gate wouldn't get busted in the first place and which would mean he could likely improve his magic powers over time, given enough respawn iterations.

Of course this is another problem with the "well Batman could just kill Joker but then there wouldn't be a movie" thing, if he did this sort of stuff there probably wouldn't be an anime so obviously they just have him go "oops!" and fuck shit up immediately so the idea is entirely off the table from the get-go. Makes sense from a writing perspective but it's kind of lame and not really realistic at all for most people.
>>
>>145141259
>there's nothing traumatic about incredible pain and seeing your insides

Kek
>>
>>145141259
>why do people keep saying dying is traumatic?
Because there is a biological reason for humans to fear death. There is considerable mental trauma associated with attempting suicide.
>but there are no consequences to death, so there's no reason to be afraid
Subaru has no proof that he'll survive the next death. He's a puppet being controlled by some unknown power and he has no idea what they want from him or why they're preventing him from dying. For all he knows they're just messing with him and the next death will be real.
>>
>>145139669
The only reason life isn't a game is because you can die. If you couldn't, there would ultimately be no negative consequences for your actions and you could act however you wanted.
>>
>>145141370

Go to /adv/ and come back to me.
>>
>>145141480

Not that guy but that's why I said it should be priority #1 to find a way to suicide instantly and painlessly on command. Whether that's a spell or cyanide tooth or something, idk. But if you could get that you'd be fine, because I agree the pain and torture and such are the main problems here.
>>
>>145141458
Well he's an idiot.
Him being an idiot isn't a plot convenience it's part of his character.
>>
>>145135088
My god, take your autism and leave.
>>
>>145141499
What if the whole purpose of keeping him respawning was to put Emilia in a position in which the cult could kill her? If that was Subaru's purpose, he would have remained dead he first froze.

Subaru doesn't know when he'll run out of lives, the power is not his.
>>
>>145141162
Muscle memory is in your brain. If you are typing on a keyboard you have the required dexterity already for playing piano, considering typing is a physically more complex task.
>>
>>145141272
Muscle memory refers to the systematic growth and development of muscles, bones, and the nervous system for a particular task.
Stop thinking of it as literal memory, using the other anons example of a piano. The muscles in your forearm will develop to be use to the repetitive action of striking the keys, while the neurological bridge between said muscles twitching and your brain become stronger.

Another words you're autistic if you can't understand that physical conditioning is needed for every task. No one no matter how talented can just sit down at a piano at whim and suddenly play a full symphony without touching a piano before.
>>
>>145133934
>this delusion
>another "power leveling" autist who never master
>>
>>145141458
All I'm getting out of this post is
>he's doing things I wouldn't do so I am unable to enjoy this show by self-inserting
>>
>>145141272
He probably just means it's a memory for a muscle movement, don't be a retard.
It doesn't change the fact that he probably needs a few years to actually get somewhere useful, considering most people there don't fly around casting fireballs.
>>
>>145141499
What's that for dumb shit you're saying?
There are a shit tons of negative consequences for your actions which aren't death.
>>
Idiots still parroting he should learn magic when his gates are fucking broken. How stupid are you people?
>>
>>145141596
>>145141272
There's no reason to believe Subaru retains anything other than his conscious memories of events. Not to mention this is magic we're talking about so it's even less likely he would retain the current state of his brain or whatever you're implying
>>
>>145141480
In my life I have experienced incredible pain and could have died, and even days after it happened it didn't bother me in the slightest because I went to the doctor and knew I was going to be okay. The only time I was remotely bothered (the pain was horrible and I never want to feel it again, but at the same time it's not that bad ultimately) was when I was told how close to death I was.

If death just meant going back a few days the entire experience would of just been a really shitty Wednesday. I don't know if anything traumatic has ever happened to any of you, but pain is only pain, it can't hurt you.

>>145141486
Subaru also is almost murdered every time he tries to talk about where he came from and what's happening to him, meaning he's under the control of some outside agent and could die at any time anyway rendering that point moot. He's in just as much danger of dying by doing nothing as he is by physically dying.
>>
>>145140923
jesus fuck if only everyone played dark souls, we could just use this to explain it every time
>>
>>145141743

>When I got hurt it didn't bother me

Being this much of an autist.

Some of you are so demented I wonder how you function in normal everyday society.
>>
>>145141683
They never master anything and don't know about 10000 hours minimum rule. They don't understand concept of studying something
>>
>>145141709
I'm not talking about magic I'm talking about real life. For things like art and piano and whatever they are all mental decision making processes that you gain over time, not physical capability because the physical part is primarily very quick and easy to gain.
>>
>>145141580
Something tells me shanking her in crowd, while she aimlessly wanders around the city, searching for thief-girl is million times better idea, then worldsnatching some autist, and turning him into unwilling sleeper agent.
>>
File: 1469988743311.jpg (27KB, 252x302px) Image search: [Google]
1469988743311.jpg
27KB, 252x302px
Why do people get so angry that Subaru doesn't do what they think he should do?
I seriously don't get what is the big deal.
>>
>>145141743
Now if you to experienced that several times over and over in a short time period and didn't have someone to reassure you that you'd be fine, you think you'd handle it well?
>>
>>145141822
people are stupid
>>
>>145141792
Again, I have to ask, have you ever experienced a traumatic pain?

It is not that bad. The time it's worst is while it's happening. The actual terrible parts are not the pain though. The worst part is wondering if you are going to die, or if you are going to be able to return to how you were.

I'd imagine from how my father is though that a continuous pain through life that you have to cope with is different, but then we are not talking about that. It honestly just sounds like you think the worst thing that can happen to a person is them suddenly seeing themselves die then going back in time and being able to stop it, when there are much worse things.

What if Subaru hurt his leg, and healing magic couldn't fix it, and it gave him pain in his leg all day and then it extended into his back making it hard to walk?

That is far worse than seeing your intestines then resetting, which last all of 20 seconds before your body would go into shock and you bleed out and die.
>>
>>145141880
The reason MC got mind broken was not that he didn't think he would be fine, it was because he saw the others die every time so in the show it didn't even bother him that much, although it did bother him some.
>>
>>145141822

>He should have studied magic in the library
>He should have killed himself and see where the checkpoint leads him
>He should have left the city and lived a normal life
>He should have bought a charger from the store and charged his phone
>He should have got a physics and chemistry book and learned how make apparatuses and make gunpowdwer
>Locked myself in a library and understand the culture of this world. Become well liked to get to a point where I am well trusted enough to get a high level position in the government. Then I would slowly work to become king.

Anons are honestly retarded.
>>
>>145141743
>he's just as much in danger of dying by doing nothing so he should just do whatever
He's only threatened by the witch when he tries to talk about his power, which to me is a pretty clear message that he shouldn't try to mess with it.

Regardless, even if he has no idea what the witch wants there's still no reason to unnecessarily die when it could be permanent at any time.
>>
>>145141822
Many anons are actually somewhat autistic in the non-meme way.
>>
File: 1469825710198.jpg (14KB, 264x294px) Image search: [Google]
1469825710198.jpg
14KB, 264x294px
>>145141822
Because they can't self insert as a non Gary Stu/blank slate character
>>
>>145141929

How stupid are you? The sight of your intestines and then dying would be enormous shock to the average person. The fact that you get badly wounded, died and then came back shows you are a puppet. Most people would have a mental breakdown. At least all the pain ends when you normally die but he has been revived numerous times seeing people die or die in brutal methods.

Kill yourself. I bet you are one of those dumb morons who does fanfiction in your spare time you useless waste of space.
>>
>>145142008
How do you know that? If an unknown entity is controlling you and dictating a power against you, where do you magically get the knowledge of "They can only get me when I talk."

What if they only had a reason to kill you when you talked? What if they were just leading you to a point, and would revive you every time until you got to that point? That is a much more logical conclusion to come to than what you are saying.
>>
>>145142008

Another jackass. He doesn't know that talking will be the only action that will get him killed. For all he knows someone is watching him and guiding him to a point. Who is to say the witch doesn't stop the resets or decides to kill him for no good reason?

Stop thinking in the third person and actually use that pea brain of yours to think of something to say that isn't retarded.
>>
>>145140923

How do we know that everything becomes harder by some degree every time he dies?
>>
>>145142100
>>145142188
I agree with both of you so I must've worded something wrong. The guy I replied to was saying that there was no reason for Subaru to be cautious at all because he could potentially die at any time
>>
>>145141743
>it didn't bother me in the slightest because I went to the doctor and knew I was going to be okay

I think a lot of the stress buildup is in how it's isolating him emotionally. He goes through this intense pain and these traumatic experiences and he doesn't even get the time to freak out, because he's instantly put back in front of people who don't even know what he's been through. On top of that not being able to talk about it makes him feel truly alone in his journey. No matter how much Rem or Emilia try to comfort him, they'll never truly actually understand his suffering.
>>
>>145142087
What the hell does fan fiction have to do with anything?

And most people have a much stronger mental fortification than you are giving them credit for. Nobody would break down because they are a puppet, they would most likely just be angry. And the reason people despair is not just because they see some shit, it's because they see things and have no agency to do anything about it.

It's

>I keep time leaping to save Mayuri but every time she dies no matter what I do and I've been at it for over 3 months and I'm honestly starting to not care

Versus

>I saw people die 3 times and reset it every time but it's impossible I'm going to run away

In your mind people only exist in two flavors, one being fictional which is shounen protagonist delusional person where they never get mentally scarred and everything works out all right and weak minded idiots who always break down when things turn out slightly negative even if all factors indicate they are in pretty good shape.

I suggest you research why people like EMT's get PTSD and how they get it so you can realize why it would be so stupid for Subaru to have some kind of PTSD type syndrome and to have it so quickly. You overestimate how scary events like that are if death isn't the outcome.

It's just as scary to me to think I'm going to die in my sleep as it is that I'm going to die getting my head chopped off and having to see my body which is just as scary as dying in Sawashiro Miyuki's arms painlessly as she kisses me and tells me everything is going to be okay because I die in all of them and don't come back.
>>
File: image.jpg (19KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19KB, 480x270px
>>145142342

One of the dumbest posts I ever read. Honestly this was terrible to get through.
>>
>>145139249
Is that what you say to yourself? You don't need a new fucking world to improve yourself. If you're a shit here and don't make efforts to change that, you can bet your ass you'll stay a shit no matter how many worlds you're transported into.
>>
File: Angel.jpg (88KB, 583x800px) Image search: [Google]
Angel.jpg
88KB, 583x800px
>>145133143

EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At the age of 5, Mozart played his first symphony to which he composed at the age of 3.
At the age of 16 Enrico Fermi entered with prestige at the university of Pisa in 1918.
Fermi achieved his post-secondary degree from the school several years early at the age of just 21.

Inés de la Cruz learned to read as a toddler and quickly blazed through all the books in her grandfather’s library. Despite being denied a formal education because of her gender, she began writing religious poetry at age 8 and later taught herself Latin

As the son of a painter, Pablo Picasso had a brush in his hand from an early age. The future art legend could reportedly draw before he could talk, and his mother claimed that when he finally spoke, his first words were to ask for a pencil. Picasso made his first oil painting when he was 9 years old. His skills soon surpassed those of his father, and at age 14, he was admitted to a prestigious Barcelona art school. Just a year later, he completed “First Communion,” an astonishingly mature work that was displayed in a public exhibition

laise Pascal spent his youth being privately tutored at home by his father. The elder Pascal banished mathematics texts from the house to ensure the boy first focused on languages, but by age 12, young Blaise had secretly invented his own terminology and independently discovered nearly all the geometric proofs of Euclid. His mathematical genius only grew from there. At 16, he produced an essay on conic sections so advanced that the famed philosopher Rene Descartes was convinced his father must have ghostwritten it; by 19, he had designed and built a mechanical calculator known as the “Pascaline.”

The list goes on....
You. are. a. failure.
Worthless. motherless. human. waste.
>>
>>145142342
You know there are people like both of those traits, right?
And I think after realizing you can't even jump off a cliff to kill yourself, seeing the most important people in your life killed, and seeing a close friend be literally erased from existence is enough to give you PTSD.
Subaru has much more probability of getting PTSD than an EMT.
>>
>>145142681
>hurrr durr you are not a genius
>so therefore you are failure

kys.
>>
>>145142681
EDGE
>>
>>145142342
If we're going off of the Steins Gate comparison then I'd say the biggest difference is the size of what they're up against.

The big force that Okarin ends up going up against is a seemingly set fate that ends up in things not going the way he wants them to. Every time he fails there's still a visible path of small decisions that might be able to end with him on top.

In Subaru's case the forces he is going up against are much much much larger. A massive beast that freezes him to death due to his own failures, a witch cult that leaves him alone bu kills everything he cares about, a group of good guys who could help him but will not as a result of mistakes he made and cannot be changed, and finally a giant fucking whale that eats your friends out of existence.

Subaru is still just a kid. He is being put up against forces so ridiculous that anyone would buckle down in fear upon just witnessing them. I mean I think people really undersell how terrifying a giant flying fucking whale would be.
>>
File: Failure.jpg (44KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Failure.jpg
44KB, 640x480px
>>145142681
Dat feel when you're a good for nothing neet.

SHAME
SHAME
SHAME
>>
>>145133143
I didn't feel like he blamed all his failures on being a NEET at all. He was just having a meltdown on the realization that he's useless and felt like saying the thing he has always thought of himself including outside of the fantasy world.

I kinda dig that they're making being a "Hero" is not as simple as any other shonen shit has shown us to be. It was just a dose of reality and it makes it symphatize the MC more.
>>
>>145142827
it's not.

okarin traveled time countless times with the same outcome.

subarus timetravel adventures can be counted on at most two hands.
>>
File: 58176658.png (748KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
58176658.png
748KB, 768x1024px
>>145142827
>giant flying fucking whale
A giant memory-erasing whale

That shit is traumatic.
The list of shit that he deals with just before the rooftop self-hatred is insane;
Barely survives an encounter with a whale, is beat up and battered badly, he goes back, gets healed and learns that rem has been erased from existence, then after failing to convince emilia to leave he tries the last resort: He stops caring about his own life to try and tell emilia about his deathlessness to save her and instead the curse kills her
Then to top it off he bumps into beetlejuice who was coming to kill them anyway and then puck just everyone.

The list of shit that happens is so long.
>>
>>145142704
>PTSD
Petra Tenshi Subarashii Desu?
>>
File: Ancient God Alien.jpg (215KB, 1024x1325px) Image search: [Google]
Ancient God Alien.jpg
215KB, 1024x1325px
>>145142766
Doubles confirm.

It's alright anon, some people are just born to be killed upon birth.
>>
>>145143014
i have yet to see a "genius" gather his own berries and grow his own crops.

i wonder how much your transcendent flute skills are gonna help you get in them calories.
>>
>>145143014
Then why are you still alive?
>>
>>145143120
>play flute to entertain people
>get money
Wow real fucking hard.
>>
>>145143177
The people who should have killed me at birth also should have been killed at birth
>>
>>145133143
Why do you people don't pay attention to the episodes and come back asking for things revealed in said episode? do you really have that shitty attention span, or do you need everything chewed and digested so you can understand the situation the characters are in?
>>
>>145143226
so people that are not blessed with retardo genius are worthwhile too, huh?
>>
>>145142949
Did Okarin die? Did Okarin have to forcefully overcome things using physical strength while also putting his life on the line?

Also Toyota has died 14 times
>>
>>145143226
>three thugs rob you and stick the flute in your ass
>>
>>145143251
Why though?
>>
>>145143346
unlike subaru he did not have an easy way out (simply dying like a bitch) and actually had to solve his problems.

so yeah, fuck off.
>>
File: descent.jpg (435KB, 481x1900px) Image search: [Google]
descent.jpg
435KB, 481x1900px
>>
>>145141743
>I- I don't understand! W-We stabbed you twelve times!
>INSOLENT FOOL. I AM TOO AUTISTIC TO EXPERIENCE PAIN!
>*Rampage noises*
>>
>>145143014
It's not like you have any skills because of being edgy
>>
>>145143295
Why did the White Whale chase Subaru around, then fuck off right after catchig up to him, fuck around and THEN follow Subaru to mansion again?
>>
File: 1470124213850.jpg (19KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1470124213850.jpg
19KB, 320x320px
The biggest question I've had in the entire fucking scheme of things:

WHY DOESN'T HE PULL AN OKARIN AND TRY EVERYTHING POSSIBLE TO TELL REM OR EMILIA ABOUT THE TRUTH?!

So what if they die? He can an-hero and try again. What? It would be too traumatic? No, it wouldn't be. He has a guaranteed way to fix things if he fucks up then.

Let's see all the ways he could do it:

1: Write it down and give it to Rem/Em instead of saying it.

2: Tell Puck. Puck can't exactly die, he's a spirit, and he's most likely immune to the Witch.

3: Hint at it instead of directly implying it. None of this "I've died a few times" shit, say something like "I've been cursed by the Witch and I can't say what it entails because if I do you or I will die."

4: He has A MOTHERFUCKING PHONE. I'm sure it has a recorder on it, why not try recording it and letting Rem/Em/Puck listen to it? I'm not sure that otherworldly technology is affected by the Witch.
>>
>>145143390
That makes zero sense.

They both go back in time to solve their problems. The only difference is Okarin's despair was one of repeated failure slowly creeping in over time, and Subaru's despair is one of a gargantuan wall placed in front of him immediately.
>>
>>145143507
>Literal Elder God is watching you over your shoulder out of misguided affection/amusement
>Man I should try pissing it off
>>
>>145143507
The witch's stench grows stronger on him every time he respawns, and the implication is that's a really bad thing.
>>
>>145143587
>if i don't i'm going to slowly descend into madness full Lovecraft style might as well try anyways

Worst case scenario the Witch kills him permanently and his worries are over, or it works, and his worries are over. She loves him, she ain't gonna fucking torture him for eternity.
>>
>>145143657
So you don't think he should at least TRY to do any of the things that I suggested? You think he should just fucking wallow knowing that he's eternally fucked and do nothing about it?
>>
>>145143572
the problem with subaru is that he has zero investment in the victims besides "they are cute" or whatever.

whereas okarins CHILDHOOD friend dies everytime he fucks up. also he needs to take care not to die himself and get his ass back in time, so he has lesss leeway as far as fucking up goes.
>>
>>145133143
Gotta shame those NEET scumbags into working as a good lil drones, amirite?
>>
File: tremble.jpg (250KB, 1404x900px) Image search: [Google]
tremble.jpg
250KB, 1404x900px
>>145143507
There are two possible endings to Subaru trying to tell people about the curse: Either they die when he tries to tell them, or he dies when he tries to tell them and gets sent back before he told them. Those are the only outcomes; Satella isn't stupid. So stop posting stupid shit.
>>
>>145143657
>>145143657
>The witch's stench grows stronger on him every time he respawns
I don't think that's the implication. It increases after an encounter with her influence but it isn't 100% accumulative surely, it fades.
>>
File: MIRTH.jpg (353KB, 908x1024px) Image search: [Google]
MIRTH.jpg
353KB, 908x1024px
>>145143744
The point is that he has only tried DIRECTLY telling them. He never tried INDIRECTLY doing it, meaning that it might have a different outcome.

It's like if I said that if I keep walking forward into a manhole, the only outcome is that I will either fall into it or catch myself and not fall into it. You aren't even acknowledging the possibility of WALKING AROUND THE MANHOLE.
>>
>>145143770
>it fades
There literally no evidence of that being true. Never once in the anime do the mention it getting weaker while the opposite is mentioned quite a few times.
>>
>>145143704
No I think he should do what he's about to do and is able to do now that he has gotten some good character development.

>>145143717
>zero investment

He's trapped in an alien world where almost everything can kill him without much effort. Yeah he's going to get attached to the only people keeping him grounded and making his days spent in fantasyland worthwhile.

Seriously, the mansion is his home now. He has nowhere else to go.
>>
File: madman.png (889KB, 1067x1300px) Image search: [Google]
madman.png
889KB, 1067x1300px
>>145143849
>Either they die when he tries to tell them, or he dies when he tries to tell them and gets sent back before he told them.
What part of that are you not understanding, you shitstain crossboarder? Telling people, directly or indirectly, will only lead to his own or the listeners' death. SATELLA ISN'T FUCKING STUPID.
>>
>>145143704

If I were to play devil's advocate I'd say the implication of the series is that Satella needs Subaru to follow a certain series of events and for certain things to happen in order for something to happen. For example, some have speculated that he's supposed to at some point "remember" that he's a dark lord or some shit, that something happened to him and this is Satella's only way of getting him to come back to his senses and then they can get back together or some shit. Like Subaru died and she could bring him back but he lost all of his memories and powers and she needs him to go through this stuff and maybe even dying a bunch is part of it, so he can return to normal eventually.

In that situation the best you could probably hope to do is figure out wtf Satella wants you to accomplish, exactly. And then try to accomplish that. That objective appears to be preventing Emilia from dying and inevitably making her Queen for some reason we don't know of.

The weird thing for me is that if this is the case, idk why she wouldn't give him some other powers besides Return by Death. Like, it's hard to imagine he can accomplish this great task just as a normal human being. That's the most vexing thing about the whole series imo.
>>
>>145143921
Reinhard is ready to suck his dick and Felt calls him onii-chan. Shit camp desu
>>
>>145143849
No. Satella is watching him completely this isn't some automated system that can be abused with a glitch. The hands that reached out and stroked Subaru very clearly showed that she was watching him and made a conscious decision. Please stop being so retarded.
>>
>>145143921
>He's trapped in an alien world where almost everything can kill him without much effort.

fucking please

this is more like he is being stuck in a foreign country. the only times he was in danger of dying was because he PUT himself in danger by sitting around deserted alleys or visiting the shady parts of town.

he can leave anytime he wants, look for work as a farmhand or whatever. nothing binds him to the mansion besides "muh cute halfbreed waifu".
>>
>>145143996
I would've defected immediately desu. Reinhard is literally the most powerful guy in the entire world, Felt's political reasoning is the most sound (plus she has at least a tiny chance to win unlike Emilia), and both of them respect him. He could even bring along Rem to join the party
>>
>>145143485
I legit think the whale was just being a cunt for the laughs of it
It was one big prank.
>>
File: 1452472314392.jpg (42KB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
1452472314392.jpg
42KB, 500x250px
>>145143952
Honestly his power is the most overpowered in the whole series.

Excluding the possibility of him becoming more corrupted upon each death, he is technically one of the strongest characters in the story.

Let's say that in a hypothetical part of the story, a strong enemy fights only Subaru. He dies. Ever hear of a game called Dark Souls? Every time he dies, he learns the enemy's patterns a little better. Eventually, he WILL win.

Not a fight? So what? Maybe a political dispute? He memorizes the entirety of it and offs himself, and then knows everything that will be said or done.

You don't have to have physical powers to be a God, and Subaru is very close to one.
>>
>>145143879
if it just gets stronger and stronger how are they not all dying of the stink?
>>
File: 0zHAJkI.gif (225KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
0zHAJkI.gif
225KB, 400x300px
>>145144187

Subaru is close to being a god.
>>
File: 1452145499680.jpg (184KB, 680x962px) Image search: [Google]
1452145499680.jpg
184KB, 680x962px
>>145144214
>manga

>m a n g a

>m a n g a

I'm sorry are you reading the twodeepoodee comic books and not sophisticated light novels?
>>
>>145144165
Reinhard = Satella > everyone else. Subaru is in special tier.
>>
>>145144262
Sorry, is that meant to be sarcastic, your pic is confusing me
>>
>>145144114
>Entire world is temperate australia with magic added
>Royal guard/Army/whatever is either utterly incompetent or doesn't exist any longer
>If you're outside the capital, your Feudal lord's supposed to protect you and apparently only two of them have actual forces for it
>It's medieval time so you can still get
>Empire could collapse in civil war at any minute
>Khornate/Tzeentchian murdercultists roaming countryside and killing shit whenever they feel like it
>All 5 princess candidates are either unfit to rule or outright tyrranical

I thought 18 episodes of peasant slaughter would be enough to drive in how utterly fucking horrible being a nobody in this world is.
>>
>>145133143
REMEMBER FOLKS; RE: ZERO IS NOT A DECONSTRUCTION.
>>
>>145144114
You forget that Subaru came into the world with the idea that he would end up like every other Isekai hero. He thought he'd be extremely powerful and find a heroine to crave his dick.

Not only that but he also has zero knowledge of the world. Maybe in hindsight you can say shit like "he should've became a farm hand" but why would Subaru or anyone that gets sent to a fantasy world want to be a fucking farm worker.

>the only times he was in danger of dying was because he PUT himself in danger
That was only true for the first arc until he became invested in being around Emilia. He'd rather help Emilia than be a nobody again.
>>
>>145144460
Who in this thread said it fucking was?
>>
I just don't understand Subaru after episode 18.

He's a self-admitted NEET who realizes his incredibly bad self-worth baggage, but somehow ends up believing at the end of it that he now has a new philosophy on life by starting at 0 again and dropping said baggage.

But the problem is he's still the same Subaru from the beginning of the anime. This stubborn 'never take no for an answer' guy who's looking to be a hero.

He's not mind-broken anymore. Great. Was that all that needed fixing? His capabilities are the same so unless we get some ass-pulls (we will), how has Subaru actually bettered himself in anyway?

His situation is hopeless. You could argue 'the anime' actually starts Ep. 19 and onwards because he'll obviously fix everything but we'll never really know why things happened to work so drastically different now than before.

His psychological self analysis, to me, just seems to clash in a world like this. He claimed to not do anything with his life before, but that's all he did in the new world. Try and obviously fail...

Help me out /a. Deconstruct Subaru for me. Is he being written well? Because we of all people should know or understand just a little what Subaru is dealing with, in a real-world sense at the very least.
>>
>>145144200
>if it just gets stronger and stronger how are they not all dying of the stink?

What? He's just stinky to some people. You don't die from smelling stinky people.
>>
>>145144582
not here, but "re:zero is a deconstruction" is a slogan for most of the fans
>>
>>145144417
so worst case he would die in the village because of the curse dog bite or whatever. he can figure it out and relocate because of his hax powers. big deal.

>>145144515
that is just making excuses for a braindead protagonist.

he tried being mc big dick protagonist, but failed multiple times. someone that is not retarded would have gone down a different path at death NR 2.
>>
>>145144789
It does deconstruct a lot of elements of the isekai genre.

People hear "deconstruction" and think "literal perfect 2smart4u 10/10 masterpiece", which is just retarded
>>
He probably thinks NEET = lazy ass motherfucker who stays in bed all day. Jesus fuck, you can be a NEET and still be healthy and social.
>>
>>145143587
HE DOESN"T KNOW THAT THERE IS ANYTHING WATCHING HIM

BECAUSE GUESS WHAT? HE HASN'T TRIED DOING ANYTHING WITH HIS POWER
>>
>>145144827
By his second death, he was already invested in Emilia and knowing that she was going to die to Elsa, I doubt he would be happy with just saying fuck it.

Subaru even mentions something like this in episode 18. He thought it was easier for him to say there was something he could do than to give up.

Especially after saving Emilia the first time, it gave him a good ego boost. It made him sure in his belief that there was something he could do to make things better. Abandoning any of them would leave him feeling unhappy.

Only until his ego was completely crushed did he finally feel like giving up and running away.
>>
File: amaze.png (237KB, 506x706px) Image search: [Google]
amaze.png
237KB, 506x706px
>>145145226
Retard, why do you think her hands appear whenever he tries to talk anout his power. He clearly knows that someone is watching him
>>
>>145145352
>>
>>145145360
IT'S MAGIC NIGGA

WHEN HE FELT COLD AND DIED BECAUSE OF HIS CURSE IT WASN'T BECAUSE HE ASSUMED THAT HE WAS FULL OF MAGICAL ICE INSIDE HIS ASS
IT WAS BECAUSE IT WAS MAGIC
>>
>>145135209
>it's about recognizing terrible anime not worth your time
Coming from the guy who thinks Cheer Danshi and Momokuri are AOTS material
>>
>>145145352
Digibro is a fag who thinks its okay to jack it to horses that are children in age.
>>
>>145142231
Dogs ands whale. They smell him
>>
>>145145522
The fuck are you even talking about? The same type of magic appears everytime Subaru tries to talk about his power, on top of that his witch stench grows stronger. He even said "Whoever you are, come get me" when he was about to tell Emilia.
>>
>>145145554
Mabeasts*
>>
File: 1467229535838.jpg (134KB, 1389x1042px) Image search: [Google]
1467229535838.jpg
134KB, 1389x1042px
So what is the likelihood of Subaru waifuing Satella in the end?
>>
>>145145799
THAT MAGIC DOESN'T NEED TO CORRESPOND WITH SOMETHING IN THE REAL WORLD.

SO IF YOU SEE HANDS, IT DOESN'T MEAN PERSON
THE SAME WAY WITH FEELING COLD

HE KNOWS HE WAS SUMMONED, HE DOESN'T KNOW IF ANYTHING IS WATCHING HIM
I ALSO YELL NONSENSICAL THINGS LIKE, DOESN'T MEAN I BELIEVE THE GOVERNMENT IS WATCHING ME THROUGH MY CELLPHONE CAMERA, WHILE LISTENING TO MY EVERY BREATH.
>>
File: all-you-need-is-kill-4751363.jpg (275KB, 800x1153px) Image search: [Google]
all-you-need-is-kill-4751363.jpg
275KB, 800x1153px
>>145145554

I know they smell him but how does that make it harder? Maybe he smells more but that doesn't mean the mabeasts themselves become stronger after each death.

Best you could come up with is that after enough time the white whale could smell him from far enough away that it could come and attack the mansion, but if you stayed in that 5 days before the curse kills him and he wakes up before getting his one wish from Roswaal, even if it could smell him from across the continent I don't think he could get to him in 5 days anyways.

But that's just me minmaxing again, honestly idk wtf I'd do considering the whole "the Witch is always watching and manipulating what you're doing and you can never escape" thing. You can't even kill yourself to escape it. It's a pretty terrifying, hellish thought.

I'd probably still use my ability no matter how much it made me stink to accomplish whatever I could figure out my purpose in this new world was. Like some All You Need Is Kill shit. Like playing a really hard Mario Maker level.
>>
>>145133143
Retarded people often do not realize that they are retarded. Subaru is self loathing thinking it will solve his incompetence and autism, which it won't.
>>
>>145145905
>Looks just like Emilia
>Same race as Emilia
Pretty fucking high.
>>
>>145133143
He was talking about how he acted in the real world too.
>>
>>145141499
What the fuck
>>
>>145147326
You don't need trust in love.
>>
File: 1434534400377.jpg (47KB, 300x281px) Image search: [Google]
1434534400377.jpg
47KB, 300x281px
>>145141743
>>145143416
10/10
>>
>>145146777
Trips of truth
>>
>>145141808
Unless the sleeper agent is there to make sure she doesn't get shanked.

>>145141822
Because ironically a lot of anons are Subarus.
>>
>>145141929
>PTSD doesn't exist

Come on guys, it's not bad.
>>
>>145147567
>Unless the sleeper agent is there to make sure she doesn't get shanked.
That's the point, isn't it? Subaru isn't there to get Emilia killed, and Betelgeuse's goal isn't even to kill her. He's just happy whether she passes or fails.
>>
>>145143507
>1, 3 and 4
>dies in process of doing it

>2
>Puck just said that to kill him you need to be Satella level
>telling him

what
>>
>>145137659
You're seeing it as a game twat. Look at yourself the same way and think what you should do you self-inserting fuckwit. It's not that easy. I bet you're just angry because your ship sunk.
>>
>>145145964
Sperginf like this isn't helping you.
>>
>>145133143
You're not supposed to take ReShit seriously, dude.
>>
>>145133143
It's like you people don't even fucking watch the show. This last episode went out of its way to explicitly tell you why Subaru is such an utter fuck up and it entirely has to do with being a NEET.

It's his sloth. Betelguese doesn't keep using the word for no reason. Subaru literally does nothing of use and even when he does do something he's not really trying. He wants everyone to tell him "shoganai". He wants to make it seem like he tried so hard to do whatever he's doing, but in reality he's barely putting in any effort.

There's literally a 5 minute monologue in this last episode that explains all this and yet you imbeciles keep wanting to criticize this show for the wrong reasons.
>>
Its retarded that in this world there are curses that can just kill someone so easily. It's way too over powered.
>A curse that kills you just by getting touched and there's no way to know if you have it.
>A curse that can kill someone just by trying to tell them some information.
There's way too many way overpowered people and things in this world it's not fair at all. If Subaru never died to that bullshit curse so early on half of the shit going on right now wouldn't be a thing.
>>
>>145137659
>In general I'd experiment and figure out how the fuck my one single power works, what it's limits are
No, you wouldn't. You don't fucking experiment with the limits of your resurrection ability. Moment you get any results, you're dead.
>>
>>145137659
Hey retard, every single human has an animalistic survival instinct programmed into them
Every single time you die, it's going to be horrifying absolutely no fucking matter how it goes down

An instant-kill mechanic wouldn't work properly because he would hesitate, due to that same overwhelming fear, just like people who attempt suicide do
a fear that realistically grows stronger every time he dies, because it's meant to be the most biologically horrible thing anyone could ever experience

I'm glad the author decided to be realistic with this power, instead of being a simpleton retard like you
>>
>>145149085

Yeah but you say that as if biology is destiny and can never be overcome. Reproduction is the most important biological imperative and instinct and yet plenty of people never have sex, or at least never reproduce. Society wouldn't exist if everyone just gave into their base instincts all the time and raped, pillaged, and murdered people whenever their biology told them to. People still successfully commit suicide all the time.

Mainly we can never know because we can't actually test any of this stuff irl, it's all just conjecture. Because from your perspective you might as well just give up hope because you're going to continue getting killed and maimed no matter what you do and every time you die, you're going to delve further into insanity, while you can never actually escape seemingly no matter how many times you die. I'd at least try to make the best of an otherwise seemingly hopeless situation of essentially being in hell.

Also, if you could do away with the name calling and just discuss stuff that would be great. I mean don't get me wrong, you can do whatever you want and I'm sure you will, but I'm just gonna wind up not responding to you ever again in that case.
>>
>>145149501
Okay anon, it is okay, yes everyone understands how great and awesome you are.
Really I mean, normal people and me too would just 100 times more and just worsen the situation.
But you are so great and can keep a clear head and have no fear of death, would kill yourself over and over for your friends. Truly you are the hero we need..

Everyone understands so, you can now get out of the thread.
>>
File: 1444636565396.png (80KB, 252x252px) Image search: [Google]
1444636565396.png
80KB, 252x252px
>>145139088
>Death isn't scary when you know you're immortal

Haha, anon-kun, you're so autistic.
>>
>>145140510
I think the fact that Subaru's not expressly the cause of the deaths, rather that his weakness makes it hard for him to affect results easily is what makes this show different from your typical tragedy. Different is good.

I also like the added layer that Emilia's bound to fail without Subaru around time and again, and that's part of what makes him obsessed with her. He CAN be her hero in a way no one else can, but only he can know about it.
>>
File: ™.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
™.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>Let's start over
>From Re:Zero™
Oh come the fuck on!
>>
>>145148646
He only puts in effort to seem like he is putting in effort...I know, I do the same thing ;_;
>>
>>145148752
Well the curses only come from the witches beasts so far and the witch herself, respectively, so yes theyre kind of overpowered. The dogs curse however just drains mana, so if subaru had a better manapool he probably would have been fine, he's just a weak little shit is all.
>>
File: coach_hines.gif (1MB, 300x188px) Image search: [Google]
coach_hines.gif
1MB, 300x188px
>>145152541
>mfw you thought starting over from zero implied honda's initial transfer to the world
>mfw you're too stupid to realize the name comes from this very moment
>>
File: 1469788615845.png (137KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1469788615845.png
137KB, 300x300px
How close to the LN is the anime? Could I just start reading the LN from wherever the 18th episode ends?
>>
File: 788367467978.png (643KB, 1111x1200px) Image search: [Google]
788367467978.png
643KB, 1111x1200px
>>145156574
>check local stores for the LN
>all insanely expensive; about $19 for 1 volume
>check iptorrents; not there
>check tpb, it's down
>look online for an ebook download
>find a site with a link
>link was removed
>date link was updated:
>august 3rd 2016

FUCK MY SHIT UP SENPAI
>>
File: rygel7.jpg (17KB, 336x336px) Image search: [Google]
rygel7.jpg
17KB, 336x336px
>>145156947
>>
>>145144676
The shortest answer to this was explicitly given to in Episode 18. Up to this point, all of Subaru's endeavors were for the sake of saying he tried and not for the sake of actually accomplishing the goal seemingly sought out. Reference his training session or his thinly-veiled attempt to put Emilia in emotional debt through picking a fight with Julius. Those actions are not carried out for their surface purposes as much as they are for satisfying his pathetic effort quota. The key idea behind episode 18 is that Subaru takes an honest evaluation of himself and chooses to move beyond this flimsy sense of accomplishment.

Notice how Subaru continues this facade at the beginning of the discussion in episode 18 when he claims that he doesn't know when to quit. This is an obvious lie as he went into the discussion solely for the purpose to announce that he quits. Rem later reminds him that it's easy to give up, something that especially hurts Subaru as he's been desperately trying to craft an image that suggests pure effort and an unwavering commitment to his goals even at the expense of his well-being. Rem stands firm and repeats that it's easy to give up. Unable to fool Rem, Subaru finally accepts that he hasn't actually exhausted his efforts to reach his end goal and nothing but that goal. It's not just about effort but also exerting effort towards the right causes.

Subaru is written exceptionally well.
>>
>>145157726
desu suburu is the best written character I've seen in anime/manga other than Guts.
>>
>>145133143
I thought he was a commentary on light novel trends, not society.

He's basically trying to forcibly change a story that is already set in motion. When other MCfags would wander into a foreign land, they'd somehow manage to change it dramatically and become the Michael Jordan of the entire cast. There's no logical reason why that would happen and re:zero explores why.
>>
>>145148752
Is it any different than getting a super virus in the real world? A few meet both criteria. People in their world have ways of avoiding it just as we do.
>>
>>145159406
He's pretty handsome too
>>
>>145134879
What is wrong with recieving more anime content? There is nothing more /a/ than being inundated with another fag's opinion.
>>
>>145159585
>>145159530
>>145159484
>>145159406
Nice try faggot, go back to youtube.
>>
>>145159652
Fuck off
>>
File: 38iYgTP.gif (2MB, 390x271px) Image search: [Google]
38iYgTP.gif
2MB, 390x271px
>massive thread about this shitshow anime
>>
>>145137833
He should have just become a servant or something. Even a neet should have enough basic life skills to do laundry/cleaning/serving shit to people.
>>
>>145149085

>very single human has an animalistic survival instinct programmed into them

And dying multiple times would probably diminish that urge. You keep saying how you dont know if you can res unlimited times. But there is nothing indicating that you can't. And after watching people close to me get fucking slaughtered several times, and after being slaughtered myself, I'd sure as hell be able to overcome any sort of self preservation instinct.

No, really. People have fucking killed themselves, with no res assurance, for way, way less shit than Subaru has gone through. It's not far fetched that he should be more ok with dying at this point.
>>
>>145159948
>would probably
Okay.
>>
>>145135088
I know I'm late to the party, responding to something hours old, but boy, do I dislike this anon.
>>
>>145157726
Okay. I like this explanation. Well written my friend. Thx.
>>
>this shit
>first season
>things happen and questions go unanswered
>little feeling of overall progression
>it's all about character/world/etc development

>a few decades later
>second season
>more things happen, some questions from first season are answered
>supposedly the adaptation is past 10-15%? of the LN at this point
>it's story development now

confirmed more suffering than subaru
>>
>>145135462
You seem pretty young and with low self-esteem.

The way you say you would DIE several times for a random hot girl you just met is also BETA af
>>
>>145135173
He knew when he would die, he just has to die there, there's no new "autosave" if he always dies at the same time.
>>
>>145135088
>>145133934
I totally agree with you. But Subaru is just a BETA guy that values his relation with people that he just met more than anything else. Meanwhile he doesn't care about anything from his previous life.

It is bad writing. A bit sad because the directing is nice and the animation does bring some new aspects to it.
>>
>>145133934
If you did that you'd be stuck in an infinite loop by arc 5 where most of the Archbishops attack Lugnica.
>>
>>145140510
Thank you, you get it.
>>145148646
>Subaru literally does nothing of use and even when he does do something he's not really trying.
>He wants to make it seem like he tried so hard to do whatever he's doing, but in reality he's barely putting in any effort.
But it's bullshit, you tape worm. We have seen him put in effort into doing this. Sometimes he succeeds, sometimes he fails, sometimes he sabotages himself. And some shit is really out of his control, so it makes no since to put the blame on him for it. Doesn't matter what he says if there is so much shit that contradicts it.

Subaru's unrealism is showing even through his self-loathing. He's whining that being a 'lazy' NEET is why he couldn't be some miraculous hero in fantasyland but that is bullshit. Not being a NEET wouldn't have made everything better.
>>
>>145148646
>dying is scary & significant
>this doesn't motivate Subaru to try hard
>is useless

>dying is insignificant & exploitable
>Subaru doesn't exploit his power
>is useless

So either way he's annoyingly retarded
>>
>>145142928
>He was just having a meltdown on the realization that he's useless and felt like saying the thing he has always thought of himself including outside of the fantasy world.
I believes that's it and that's understandable, feeling useless and insignificant sucks if you always wanted to be more. That's why a Rem picks you up and tells you otherwise.

All the NEET blame sounds like "You would be wealthy and successful if you weren't lazy". It's true you'd probably in a better position without your flaws but "wealthy and successful" is a stretch, a hope and not a fact. Likewise Subaru harbored unrealistic hopes of zero to hero. The thought processes aren't very different.
>>
I don't know if I really buy this narrative of "not trying". Subaru might feel like he's not "trying" hard enough essentially because the Witch's magic literally influences him at every turn and prevents him from acting the way he would simply if he were unaffected by such magic, but can we really buy that he's not truly "trying"?

If anything, is that whole spiel that Rem had about Subaru being her hero evidence of him "trying"? The whole idea of "Subaru is only making an effort to give the image that he is making an effort while not really make a 'true effort'" seems too convenient. I think that the whole point of Rem's speech to Subaru, and why her speech was so remedial to him was the fact that it validates his "false efforts" as real efforts. Being perceived as a hero in someone else's eyes, you would have to acknowledge that your efforts have some sort sincerity, and that's what I think happened at the end of episode 18.
>>
>>145162684
You're projecting there.
>>
>>145133143
What does [sign of being a failure] have to do with being a failure? The world may never know.
>>
>>145163918
What does [sign of being a failure] have to do with being [sign of being a success]?
>>
File: 1469994005515.jpg (1MB, 1136x1448px) Image search: [Google]
1469994005515.jpg
1MB, 1136x1448px
>>145164218
>NEET
>sign of being a success
>>
>>145164503
Nice reading comprehension. Let me help the slow: What does being a NEET (from another world) have to do with being a hero (in this world)? The world may know: Nothing. A college professor, a businessman, or this employee wouldn't be spectacular heroes either, as much as people would fanwank. They all have their own strengths, none of which have to do with what Subaru wants to do.
>>
>>145164856
>reading comprehension
Hilarious. What the fuck are you talking about? Did you read the OP?
>>
>>145164897
I am OP. If you can't understand what we're talking out, fuck off.
>>
>>145164961
Congratulations, you're a blathering retard. Does he feel like a hero in the screencap you posted? Is he talking about being a hero in the screencap you posted? Why would he bring up being a NEET deriding himself for being useless? What a mystery.
>>
>>145165064
He's down with himself over his uselessness when it comes to saving the day and blaming it on being NEET, when in actually not being NEET wouldn't have made things better. It's just self-loathing over totally unrealistic expectations.

Do you get that, you neanderthal?
>>
>>145165246
Subaru is obviously an extremely realistic individual and never lets his emotions get the better of him, right? Why is he acting the way he is? I can't figure it out. I'm sure the emotional volatility that's causing all his problems had nothing to do with his inability to function in his old world. I have no idea why he would think there's any connection.
>>
>>145165601
You seem to think I'm attacking your boyfriend, sarcastic teenage girl. His self-loathing over that is normal, but I'm poking at the unrealism in it. Being able to function in the old world != successfully functioning in a magical world. I'd say he functions fairly well except when it comes to extraordinary events, which require above the average skill. How does a normal person deal with superpowered assassins or negotiate with royalty? They really couldn't. Subaru being a zero doesn't mean a 1 would be a hero.

You seem to suffer with the same unrealistic mindset he does. Explains a lot.
>>
>>145165879
Why would he think that his failure to integrate into one society would have anything to do with his difficulties dealing with another? That's, like, totally not scientifically demonstrable. What a dumb kid.
>>
>>145166320
Now you're really emulating a teenage girl. You're cute, anon! Cute!

You're too absorbed into Subaru's character and what he thinks, concurring with everything. Even if Subaru thinks so, doesn't mean it's true. Someone can say "I don't work very hard" or "I pretend to work hard" , but everyone else sees him doing leaps over everyone else. Sure it may be true from his pov, but that's bull to everyone else. Subaru says (understandably) it's because he's NEET, others can say that's bullshit because this or that.

Perceptions are really something, huh?
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2yxv55
>>
>>145166635
You're right, why is this 17-year-old dropout so insecure? He should just, like, give himself a break. That would make the show so much more interesting, I love it when teenagers in my anime are logically infallible.
>>
>>145166866
>He should just, like, give himself a break.
He should, he's being too hard on himself. Not blaming yourself for everything doesn't mean thinking you're infallible. It's healthy and realistic NOT to do that: it leads to depression.

In fact, it's not uncommon for protagonists to do this; they tend to take "full responsibility" for everything and get down on themselves for even things outside their control. Subaru isn't much different, he's just powerless.
>>
File: beatrice.jpg (133KB, 600x867px) Image search: [Google]
beatrice.jpg
133KB, 600x867px
>>145156947

>all insanely expensive; about $19 for 1 volume

LN readers are the wealthiest members of society, the average guy only care about anime edition same rest of world.
>>
>>145142681

The 99.9999999999999% of humans dont have helicopter parents who pays extremely close attention to a child's education.

You obsession with call everybody "failure" is evidence that YOU are the failure.
>>
>>145135088
On the point of using spells well the problem currently he can't use magic due his magic gate being overused after arc 2 and who knows how long it'll take before he'll be able to use magic again.
>>
>>145142681
>Every human has the ability to surpass another human in a given subject
>Because you did not surpass someone who surpassed you despite you surpassing someone else you are a failure.
>Everyone will be surpassed by someone else.
>>
I wonder if Subaru was crushed by the expectations of others. That's something to comment on.

It doesn't mean being NEET is good and that they aren't the ones who must ultimately take responsibility for their lives, but let's not pretend everything is the fault of youth.
>>
File: now this is BONES posting.jpg (90KB, 1142x567px) Image search: [Google]
now this is BONES posting.jpg
90KB, 1142x567px
>>145157726
Couldnt put it better myself. More people need to read this post, I cant comprehend the levels of shitting going on in all the ReZero threads.

I think Subarus written spectacularly, and his actions are supposed to mark a semi realistic idea of one modern teenager demographic.

The self suffering, The pseudo effort, the lack of Gal, all contributing to everything he does looking fucking stupid. 18 Was a realization of this for Subaru, and a checkpoint to man-up, and grow-up.

It'll be cool to see how things turn out when he stops acting amateurish
>>
>>145159841
isn't he technically a servant for Roswaal
>>
>>145168663
Yes he is
>>
>character tries hard
>he was just pretending
wow never seen that before.
>>
>>145168928
If you succeed, 'pretending to try hard' doesn't mean dick. All way, can't wait to see him try hard 'for real' and fail miserably.
>>
>>145154719
Yeah except even Rem died from the dog curse so it's not like it will just kill weak people.
>>
>Death isn't scary when you have the Respawn ability
>You still have to go through the pain before reaching Death
>Your mind constantly fears death whether you know you're going to respawn or not.
>Subconsciously your body and mind doesn't want you to die even if you Respawn, and it will try to convince you otherwise from dying.

>Death isn't scary when you have the Respawn ability
What retardation is this?
>>
>>145163697
>I think that the whole point of Rem's speech to Subaru, and why her speech was so remedial to him was the fact that it validates his "false efforts" as real efforts. Being perceived as a hero in someone else's eyes, you would have to acknowledge that your efforts have some sort sincerity, and that's what I think happened at the end of episode 18.
Truth, Suzuki focusing on all of the negatives and Rem bought some positives in there. Being Rem's hero means he's done a lot, he just has to go into overdrive if he wants to be Emilia's hero.
>>
>>145133143
NEETs tend to be more stupid than the average person.
>>
>he's not socially adjusted!
He works as a butler in a mansion and has been made a lot of progress. He's only suffers when it comes to stuff no ordinary person would go through, magical or not.
>>145170849
Not necessarily.
>>
>>145134619
Because they're retarded. A lot of Eva fans think the same of Eva and they're also retarded.
>>
>>145159841
>>145168663
Technically no, that's literally his job.
>>
>>145171240
Everyone see through his fake behavior.
>>
>>145173698
So what? He's made a lot of progress with "fake" behavior.
>>
>>145173750
Only because of the guaranteed redos from his power.
>>
>>145174758
>Only because [show's gimmick]
Progress is progress.
>>
>>145133934
Not much to say other than I agree with you. But as many have said, the point of the MC is to be retarded. The romance isn't even good. It's harem tier interactions with, you guessed it, waifus for everyone to choose from.
>>
the problem with Nissan GTR is that one second he's socializing with people he just met and winning them over.
The next second he's throwing spaghetti all around.
It makes no sense.
You couldn't possibly self-insert as him because he's not a real or believable character.

It's badly written trash making fun of badly written trash.
>>
>>145163356
>>Ability to never truly die
>>Being an underdog
>>Not being ecstatic about having to ability to utterly destroy every powerhouse and have everybody wonder how the fuck did weakling you do it
This is why I stopped.
>>
>>145170010
The first times are understandable, but after death 100000 you should really not be caring anymore and focus on the things that matter.
>>
I just dislike his shitty mood swings
Where spergs out when shit doesn't go his way for some stupid shit that he started
>>
Bump for good anime on the shitty anime board
>>
>>145175692
I doubt he's reached death 100, let alone 100,000. Doesn't help that a large majority of those deaths are painful both physically, mentally, and emotionally. Hell, he has straight up PTSD over it. And despite the amount he's died he doesn't know the limit. It'd be great if there was no limit, but you'd be an idiot to think that way without some concrete evidence like some explanation for said ability. His ability is NOT something you test unless you really have a death wish.
>>
>>145161883
>he doesn't care about anything from his previous life

He was a NEET, and just explained that he hates himself for living like that and becoming such an incompetent retard
>>
>>145133143

It's a buzzword, a trigger to get higher sales.

Marketing and so

Same with RE-Life and so on.

NEET, Hikikomori, in the end it doesn't even matter for the plot at all.
>>
>>145180511
But ReLIFE was actually good you fuck. Kaizaki had a very good reason he was a NEET, and that shit isn't something you recover from that easily without help.
>>
File: 1469535853290.jpg (28KB, 700x385px) Image search: [Google]
1469535853290.jpg
28KB, 700x385px
>>145133143
I always say this: subaru is a great self insert for the fact he isn't a good person to start with.
He is basically capable of being "awkwardly sociable" like he did with the kids and the villagers.
In truth he only tries to be liked, and with that awkward tries peoples perceive his "good nature" that actually doesn't exist.
That happened to me once when a girl i knew smiling said "its not true that peoples with tiny eyes are i'll natured or evil" referring to my eyes (we sees sanpaku as tiny eyes) and it crossed my mind how she would had shivered if she knew what kind of rotten personality i have inside.
Subaru is the same, like many of us, he feel worthless couse in the past after growing up with the least effort in his doing he never gave his best and by the habit of always being lazy ended up unable to improve that much ,being regarded as unreliable and worthless.
maybe like many of us he is quite capable in learning anything by putting effort , and likely versatile but his greatest fault is the bad habit to never learn how to put effort in his doing for too much and having dedication, thus not improving.
that lead him (and us) to develop a lonely and rotten personality, that actually in the depth doesn't tollerate too much to stay with the others, being envy of the others , and in some case make him have destructive desires moved by wrath, usually showing them when in great stress and revealing his twisted personality, capable of breaking "things or relationship" just to see how they break, and after that being greedy and wanting to restore them.
this personality drove him also to hate himself couse this fact, that because of his way of live he will bring himself to die alone in the darkness of solitude, Inviting him after it in an eternal lonely and dark limbo , he in this case doesn't fear death that much than what it would came after, and the fact that every death could bring him in a eternal Shamak-like state.
So this serie show us our sins.
>>
>>145180873
>ReLife was good

Ahahaha, another standard romcom shit.
>>
>>145140408
>I mean, they literally had an entire scene where subaru tries to learn magic and gets bootyblasted to teach you that magic isn't an option
literally all of one scene wow lets just give up after one try one try is all you need to know you fail once bam that's it don't even bother trying again it's over shit nigga it's over hard that one try sealed that path forever don't even bother to learn from your failures like you would with literally everything else shit
>>
File: 1325683896642.png (12KB, 560x407px) Image search: [Google]
1325683896642.png
12KB, 560x407px
Why doesn't he just say 'I had a vision' or 'I have received information' instead of 'I COME BACK FROM DEATH' to justify his warnings?

Like he could just point to retrieving the medal for someone he didn't know, and uncursing the village as proof of being a psychic
>>
>>145181459
Go be stupid somewhere else.
Alternatively, rewatch the episode and count the number of reasons subaru should stop using magic
You will need both hands
>>
>>145181569
>reasons subaru should stop using magic
Because I'm dumb, why don't you just tell me why having another go on the respawn where his gate wasn't fucked is a bad idea?
>>
>>145181333
The standard romcom is two characters not getting together because of shitty easily avoided misunderstandings that are shoehorned in for the sole purpose of making the series longer than it needs to be. Not only that, those misunderstandings last so fucking long that I'd have to watch it on 2x speed just to get through it all without falling asleep.

Meanwhile in ReLIFE those misunderstandings are few and are quickly resolved. Kaizaki's been through this bullshit before and won't be that one clueless motherfucker that sits back and waits for them to resolve themselves. Hell even the other characters who are actually high school kids put their fucking foot down and force the two volleyball girls to get over their dispute without waiting for it to escalate into a big fight.
>>
Re:Zero threads attracts the most autistic people on /a/.
>>
>>145181900
It's not Reeeeeeeee:Zero for nothing anon.
>>
>>145181527
Don't try to rationalize anime anon
>>
>>145181800
His magic potential is shitty to begin with, only able to learn simple debuffs even if his gate was working properly- his gate is still atrophied before he even attempts magic, and the very fact he broke it means that he would only be able to use dumb debuff spells after ferris healed his gate, the situation where the atrophy and damage are both healed.
>>
>>145184731
>you can only learn 'dumb debuffs'
>debuffs like total sensory deprivation
>"Wow dude you may as well not even learn magic you fucking scrub, don't even try to get good with that shit like wow. Forget the potential usefulness of casting debuffs you fuck, that shit is weaksauce, never comes in handy ever."
You're dumb.
>>
>>145137960
He could work for cheap on a farm. It's not like it's hard shit to learn.

I don't even watch this show, what am I doing here?
>>
>>145133934
Not sure anyone has already mentioned this, but ill do so anyway.

His only Magic is shadow magic, which are debuffs (Puck explained so to him) And following the flow of the world, it seems that when you have a compatible magic type, you only can use that type of magic (havent seen Puck use anything other than Ice magic, and most of emilia's magic are ice, Ram's magic is mostly wind).

Asking for poision that can kill you in an instant would be super wierd. imagine:
> Hey Roswahl/Ram/Rem/Beako, can i have a very strong poision?
I would either stop him or doubt+kill him for why he is using that posion.

Deaths are scary. Have you ever felt fear?, by anything. Multiply that by a thousand added in with tons of adrenaline, constant screaming of your body too run the fuck away and the ffeling of your balls crushed a billion times over, then you might be able to grasp what the feeling of death feels like (opinion).

Even if i were to have OP powers as he does, i would rather try my best to lessen my ammounts of revives, as it would create burden on my mind and eventaully push me towards insanity
>>
>>145185024
have you seen how his debuffs got totally and literally ripped off by the knight? Its completely useless at that point, and the knight didnt even use magic, he was using his hands
>>
>>145175639
Try playing Binding of Issac with Guppy's head (x9 revives at 1 hit to death). At easy levels, meh, 1 death means nothing. At later levels, you die once, youre going to die 9 times and lose.

Subaru might have revival abilities, but his core stats doesnt change, and heck, he seems to onyl retain his experiences, not his physical body. He might be able to impress people at the start, but later on, he's just going to get beat down over and over again
>>
>>145148752
People who knows magic seems to be able to sense the curse, and it seems like 1 or 2 layers of curses can be solved quite easily. To protect villages, they set up barriers all around, and it would be "norm" to have a village mage or alchemist to solve these problems. And the killing part from sharing information applies to Subaru only, because he is partially controlled and watched by the witch
>>
>>145188292
You mean Subaru's shitty spell that wasn't even the proper thing? Yeah, it was a cloud instead of whatever Puck did to him because he doesn't know how to cast it.
>>
File: 1456982632226.png (391KB, 600x765px) Image search: [Google]
1456982632226.png
391KB, 600x765px
>>145188292
Nigga it wasn't at it's full potential. Subaru had NO idea how to use it.

It's basically like Subaru has an old-ass gun and knows only how to pull the trigger. It hasn't been cleaned in ages and he has no idea how to work with it, so yeah, he can shoot it, but it is going to blow up and fuck him up, possibly severely injuring him.
>>
>>145133870
>>145134313

So if you're going to college you're not a NEET?

What if you got too many vaccinations and can't function like a normalfag?
>>
>>145133143

He literally explains it in his huge rant.
>>
>Another Re:zero thread

I don't understand people problem with it.
I see little to no plot holes, it is probably the most original story I've seen (except with the NEET going to a fantasy land part), and it had brilliant character development.

It seems the only retards talking shit about it by trying to "debunk" the central theme or settings, are people who dislike the fact that normies like it, literally retarded, or trolling.
>>
>>145191434
NEET implies the otherwise capable individual does so out of choice. NEETs are overwhelmingly in their 20s and choose not to pursue EET. Subaru for example is a healthy adult male of average to slightly below average intelligence perfectly capable of working but chooses to live on government services and play video games all day. That is what makes him a NEET.
>>
>>145189379
He did know how to cast it, well, kinda, but the thing is his attempt fails because of his shitty gate and inherent magical ability and poofs out his mana as a cloud of black smoke instead of actually casting the blinding spell
>>
>>145135321
The guy is not scared of people. He was a social genius that could understand what everyone was feeling and manipulate people which made him realize everyone was being fake to him so he decide to withdraw with his supercomputer intelligent lab rat friend and became a family.

At some point their dependency on each other just made it so they would get extremely nervous with the other was not around.
>>
>>145188292
>>145189379
>>145189493

>having the shittiest spell ever

>not being able to learn anything besides smoke screen

That sucks.
>>
>>145193053
Watch more anime, but first grow up.
Thread posts: 432
Thread images: 57

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.