[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's have a thread about series that never get discussed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 2933335-38.jpg (178KB, 869x1280px) Image search: [Google]
2933335-38.jpg
178KB, 869x1280px
Let's have a thread about series that never get discussed on here

What did you guys think about the shift in tone and genre that happened about halfway through Negima? It seems like the moe/fanservice stuff was rapidly phased out after the school festival arc in favor of an action/adventure type plot with the occasional crotch shot.

Apart from the ending I think the entire series was entertaining and engaging, if a little offbeat. Don't know a thing about the anime and don't care to know.
>>
File: 1469507113904.jpg (13KB, 236x324px) Image search: [Google]
1469507113904.jpg
13KB, 236x324px
>mfw I realized Asuna is Negi's aunt
>>
>>145117982
>It seems like the moe/fanservice stuff was rapidly phased out after the school festival arc in favor of an action/adventure type plot with the occasional crotch shot.
What I heard was that after the success of Love Hina, Ken Akamatsu wanted to branch out and do a shounen battle manga. However, his publish insisted that he do another harem, since Love Hina sold so well. And so, Akamatsu made the most ridiculous harem ever: 30 girls. Then, once the series was starting to get popular he converted it into what he wanted in the first place: a shounen battle manga.
>>
>>145117982

I liked the balance of comedy harem hijinks and occasional combat before they went to Mars.

The festival was the most combat I wanted, and afterwards, it was more than my preference.

With combat there was little time for characters to be enjoyably entertaining, as it'd either be too bogged down in one long fight, or the typical training to power up crap that tends to slow down so many action shounen manga.
>>
>>145119624
What a crafty gook
>>
>>145119624

That's pretty need actually

I think Akamatsu is probably the most intelligent manga creator in the business. Negima had story elements and spells in English, German, Japanese, Latin, Greek, Chinese and ancient Greek. Pretty fucking impressive
>>
File: best.png (46KB, 266x213px) Image search: [Google]
best.png
46KB, 266x213px
>>145117982
I read the entire thing recently so I could read UQ holder and get the references, which seems to be even more important now, considering mc's going back to Negi's time period in some flash back.

>What did you guys think about the shift in tone and genre that happened about halfway through Negima?
I was pretty content with it. While I wouldn't have minded more slice of life shenanigans, I also enjoyed the action, especially the mars stuff.

Chisame _best girl
Chachamaru second
>>
>>145119800

Rakan vs Negi was the pinnacle of the entire series imo
>>
Will UQH come back this month?
>>
>>145117982

>Never get discussed
Negima manga was the focal point for all of manga when it was in circulation. The anime was the thing that was never discussed especially the alternate retelling
>>
>>145122225
WHat anime?
>>
>>145122248

Exactly
>>
>>145122121

One of the best battles in all manga.

>>145122248

There were so many spin offs trying to cash in on Negima, it was shameless.
>>
>>145122360

Remember the Shaft adaptations?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.