[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I always thought Digimon was better than Pokémon. Do you agree?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

File: 1458375542843.jpg (56KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
1458375542843.jpg
56KB, 600x338px
I always thought Digimon was better than Pokémon.

Do you agree?
>>
File: 456.png (192KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
456.png
192KB, 640x360px
>>145093837
As someone who grew up with both, no.

Digimon Tamers > Pokemon anime

but other than that Pokemon is always superior. Better games, more consistent designs (while a lot of Digimon look cool, a lot also look cringe-worhty. While Pokemon keeps designs simple and charming overall), better music, more memorable characters.
>>
I like pokemon better
>>
As anime Digimon is better, as a game Pokemon.
>>
File: unrelated gif.gif (1MB, 230x172px) Image search: [Google]
unrelated gif.gif
1MB, 230x172px
Pokemon games > Digimon games
Digimon anime > Pokemon anime

I do like the recent Digimon RPG's though, would be neat if they'd try something similar with Pokemon.
>>
>>145094034
>>145094099
Digimon anime is pure garbage, I dare you to watch season 4 and 5 and not kill yourselves
>>
>>145094034
This.
>>
>>145093837
The digi destined fought against Devils. Ash and his gang of dropout gym leaders only fought against dumbass team rocket.
>>
>>145093837
Pokemon is better, but digimon is as better as pokemon
>>
>>145093837
No.
>>
>>145093956
>more consistent designs
>Pokemon keeps designs simple and charming overall
Maybe back then. Now pokemon designs have gone down the shitter, with a few gems here and there. I won't debate you on digimon designs, though.
>>
File: 1406731355896.jpg (18KB, 236x305px) Image search: [Google]
1406731355896.jpg
18KB, 236x305px
>>145094034
>>145094099
Someone clearly haven't seen XY
>>
>>145093837
The funny thing is, each new mechanic that Pokemon introduces makes it more and more similar to Digimon, starting with the hyper evolution thing.
>>
>>145094128

Frontier and Savers were shitty but at least they had a plot and characters that changed.
>>
>>145094783
What?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxwfIINGXgg
>>
File: Spinomon.jpg (89KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
Spinomon.jpg
89KB, 320x320px
>>145093837
The anime for both are mostly shit or mediocre with few exceptions and I don't play games.
That said, I love me some monsters and Digimon designs appeal to me much more than Pokemon's ever did. From the organic-looking to the mecha-looking Digimon, they just look much nicer to me than pokemon's cute style.
>>
>>145094875
Better animation doesn't mean shit. At least Digimon has a plot unlike Pokemon
>>
It's hard to say, because for me at least, the best Pokemon has to offer is Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Time, and so far, the best digimon game I have played was World DS, I think MD EoT is better than WDS, and even if we go by who has the best content Pokemon wins again.

Anime wise, I stopped watching after Data Squad which was very good but I guess nobody likes it. And Pokemon was never really good, just entertaining, and it got boring pretty fast.
>>
>>145094875
Tried watching XY, it was unbearable
>>
>>145095293
I can't do nothing about your shit taste tho
>>
Nah.
Back in my day, Pokemon was the first to air, and it ran exclusively on paid cable TV. Digimon came later, and was free to view on broadcast, so it was viewed as the cheap imitation loved only by kids too poor to have cable.
>>
Digimon Tamers > Digimon Xros Wars (first season) > Digimon Savers > Digimon Adventure > Pokémon 1° season & XY > Digimon Xros Wars (second season) > Pokémon DP > Digimon Frontier > Pokémon Orange Islands, Johto & Hoenn > Digimon Adventure 02 > Pokémon BW
>>
>>145095691
Oh, and the third season of Xros Wars is as bad as Pokémon BW (I'm talking about anime here)
>>
File: 1455242634584.gif (2MB, 300x259px) Image search: [Google]
1455242634584.gif
2MB, 300x259px
>>145095691
Best taste right here
>>
I'm gonna watch Tamers for you first time; do i need to get drunk?
>>
>>145093956
>Better game
The original Digimon World game alone is better than every Pokemon game put together, and Adventure 01 and Tamers destroy every Pokemon anime.
>>
>>145097331
Tamers is good. Although the last arc is kinda underwhelming. It was written by the person that wrote Serial Experiments Lain apparently.
>>
>>145093837
Same, and I played the shit out of Digimon World and DW3, DW2 is shit though
>>
>>145097587
Pokemon games are WAY better than any Digimon game, including Cyber Sleuth. Pokemon just perfected a simple, but great formula. Which is why people love those games so much. Pokemon games have the satisfying feel no Digimon game has ever had.

I would love a great Digimon game though to even the playing field.
>>
>>145097673
>DW2 is shit though
I hate DW2 with a burning passion.

>>145097735
>Pokemon games are WAY better than any Digimon game
They're really not. First of all, saying "games" as if it was more than 1 game with a new coat of paint every time is misleading. Second off, that single game is pretty mediocre. DW1 and Cyber Sleuth utterly blow it out of the water.
>>
>>145093837
Can't I just like them both without some faggot like you trying to make me choose?
>>
Not at all. I feel like people have this opinion just to be contrarian.
>>
>>145097735
Digimon has different actual games though, Pokemon is always the same thing with a new gimmick. Remember that slick as fuck digimon party/fighting game on PS1? And digimon world too?
>>
>>145095691
However Digimon pilot / Our War Game > all
>>
>>145097922
What about Pokémon Snap, Dash, Pokken and the new detective game?
>>
>>145097801
Saying all Pokemon games are the same is like saying all Mario and Megaman platformers are the same games. They obviously follow a formula but are still different. There are noticeable changes/improvements in these games and to deny those would just be ignorance. Street Fighter 1 is a lot different than Street Fighter 2. Devil May Cry 2 is a lot different than Devil May Cry 1. They're not the same at all.

And I have beaten DW1 and Cyber Sleuth. They're mediocre at best and extremely bland. The Pokemon games are still leagues above them in all aspects.
>>
>>145097922
>Digimon has different actual games though

Yeah and almost all of them are shit. Pokemon games are actually fun and satisfying. That's the main difference.
>>
>>145098151
>And I have beaten DW1 and Cyber Sleuth. They're mediocre at best and extremely bland. The Pokemon games are still leagues above them in all aspects.
You're either lying or you have worst taste in games than Lelouch has in anime.

The Pokemon games are not different. Minor tweaks are expected, but the basis for the gameplay, design, and progression of the game is exactly the same. It's extremely formulaic and boring.

>>145098202
>Pokemon games are actually fun and satisfying.
Playing any of them for the first time is ok, playing any of them after than becomes a boring chore.
>>
>>145093837
I played Cyber Sleuth recently for a good 30 hours and couldn't help but compare it to Pokemon. Barely holds a candle to it. I can't believe people were saying that is was better than Pokemon's recent entries when it actually has way simpler and dumbed down mechanics than a game already intended for children. While I'd love for Pokemon to have a hard mode, I'd also like for it to be tested.

Tamers and Adventure 01 are GOAT though.
>>
>>145094875
Yeah, all that rich storytelling that will be undone in a few months when Sun/Moon comes outs
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.