[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does this show fall flat?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: moribito.jpg (144KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
moribito.jpg
144KB, 600x600px
Why does this show fall flat?
>>
I liked it a lot but the characters are pretty boring
>>
>>145087969
Normal fags were too hyped up after the first episode and thought the entire show would be about the spear lady fighting various people.
At least that's why I didn't like it

>tfw distinct lack of straight-played competent, serious, and deadly warrior women like Balsa in anime
>>
>>
>>145087969
I'm about to watch the last episode, I think it's pretty good for what it is. I actually delayed watching it until now after seeing the first episode because I didn't think it was going to be very good. In what respects were you disappointed in the show?
>>
>>145087969
Moribito was a masterpiece. OP is a pleb of the lowest order.
>>
>>145087969
because people dont want realistic stories of strong women and her supporting cast. They want super hero escapist fantasies where they can self-insert as the vagina god who can do no wrong because women are such miserable failures at everything in the real world.
>>
>>145087969
It doesn't.

But I like Erin better as a character.
>>
>>145087969
>strong independent female protagonist
>not falling flat
Pick one.
>>
It doesn't.
>>
>>145089554
>been fighting for over 20 years
>masculine build, wide shoulders, narrow hips, quite muscular
>very prudent and stoic, only real femininity is her fledgling maternal instincts
more believable than 90% of male anime protags desu
>>
Terrific show. Great opening. Great animation throughout.

I loved that it didn't really have a villain. I guess every 'baddie' was either flawed or ignorant of the truth, which made for really interesting storytelling.

THIS IS THE TRUTH FROM MY HEAAAAAART
>>
>>145087969

It doesn't you faggot. If only they'd do the remaining books.

Also in my head cannon Balsa is from my country's parallel world version.
>>
The ending was weird with those tentacle monster CGI things that didn't actually seem like much of a threat.

They made it seem like it'd be this huge beast that you can't kill but then there's 200 of them.
>>
I really liked it. It had great world building and atmosphere. It really felt real.
>>
>>145087969
I should probably rewatch this sometime, I really liked it and I wish there were more shows like it.
>>
>>145087969
Because you have shitty taste
>>
>>145091392
Watch the life action.
>>
>>145089245
>realistic stories
>strong women
How does that work?
>>
>>145090064
I WANT TO SHINE ON YOU
>>
>>145087969
I liked it. Tho I could see how some may think the story was a bit slow. Personally I enjoyed the pacing as it gave them more time for character growth and detail.
>>
>>145092756
Most of History says hello. It's not women's fault you didn't bother to read a history book. Hell look at the contemporary, Gloria Steinem is an example.
>>
>tfw the rest of the novels will never be adapted because it sold literally only sold ~1200 DVD sets

Fucking nips and their shit taste. There's another 7 or 8 novels that haven't even been touched in the West, not even translated.
>>
>>145094141
>Most of History
Yes, history and its, like, scarce dozen of notable strong female warriors.

And this if we don't ignore the russian snipers who, unlike whatshername, weren't using a melee weapon.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.