[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There hasn't been a chapter out in a while for UQ Holder.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 13

File: little_twerp.png (351KB, 463x725px) Image search: [Google]
little_twerp.png
351KB, 463x725px
There hasn't been a chapter out in a while for UQ Holder. Akamatsu-san hasn't put one out and I just not notice? I've been kind of busy, with little time for /a/ or manga in general. Someone had asked if I could post in the UQ threads, out of a sense of nostalgia. I really do appreciate that and also I appreciate any new thoughts on where UQ might be going. I wasn't too enthusiastic about it, especially after Akamatsu-san killed off Negi. Has anything gotten better now that he's going back to the original formula?
>>
Well last chapter had all of the "new" team getting completely shat on by the likes of Yue and Nodoka.
Yup, a librarian and a piss girl.

So yes, I'd say that something good happened lately.
>>
>>144884457
UQ Holder is finished.

It will resume in November in another magazine as a monthly series called "Mahora World", which makes it sound like it's just gonna be dedicated to the Mahora flashback and being a proper continuation of Negima. So don't expect to see any of the UQ characters again anytime soon. Or ever again, maybe.
>>
>>144884457
I can't beleive it but I actually miss UQ Holder. The only thing I can look forward to on Tuesday is Yamada-kun.
>>
>>144884563
Wait, really? They're changing the name as well?
>>
>>144884658
Yep.
Not to mention, that the whole arc that was being set up in UQ Holder was "Touta enters the tournament, and consequently gets to face off against Cutlass and see Negi". They'd been setting that up even before Dana was introduced. Well, seeing as Cutlass and Negi showed up anyway prior to the tournament, it's pretty clear that the entire story arc Akamatsu had set up has been completely abandoned, in favor of "HEY KIDS, REMEMBER NEGIMA? YOU WANT MORE NEGIMA, RIGHT?".

So yeah. You can forget about UQ Holder. It's done. It's just Negima Returns from now on. Sorry, I mean "Mahora World".
>>
>>144884783
Forgetting about UQ Holder would imply that I held any interest for it in the first place though. It really isn't the case, I've not even been reading it online and just checking threads here on /a/ for a quick glimpse and then forget all about it.
>>
>>144884856
Well then you're gonna love Mahora World, seeing as it has no UQ characters in it.
>>
>>144884783
>yfw it returns with timeskip and we don't get to see the aftermath except in flashbacks
>>144884892
Touta was barely a character anyways, and Santa wasn't even a character and his arc was pointless
>>
>>144884892
>seeing as it has no UQ characters in it

Now if only Eva would return being a loli instead of granny mode 95% of her screentime I'd be a happy man.
>>
>>144884563
I can't tell if you're serious or not, that doesn't sound like it makes sense at all.
>>
>>144884783
>HEY KIDS, REMEMBER NEGIMA? YOU WANT MORE NEGIMA, RIGHT?
Well, I certainly would lile more 'mou hitotsu no sekai' OVAs. SHAFT did a good job there but they stopped right before the Rakan vs. Negi fight.
>>
>>144884947

She most certainly will.
>>
>>144884783
>"HEY KIDS, REMEMBER NEGIMA? YOU WANT MORE NEGIMA, RIGHT?"

But that's exactly what everyone wanted. UQ was shit.
>>
>>144885011
>SHAFT did a good job there

Fuck you, no they didn't. Just because it was slightly less shit than all the other Negima adaptions doesn't mean it wasn't shit. Shaft doesn't suit this story at all.
>>
>>144884783
Wait, wait - but muh EvaXTouta snu-snu
>>
>>144885091
The Negi vs. Scroll Eva fight was legitimately awesome though.
>>
>>144884931
I actually liked Touta, and was looking forward to him getting more development. Now that's been abandoned entirely.

>>144884947
>>144885086
Well you're in luck, 'cuz all your shitposters got exactly what you asked for. No more Yukihime. No more new characters. It's just literally Negima 2.0 from now on. You got exactly what you fucking asked for.

>>144884958
http://anime.astronerdboy.com/2016/06/uq-holder-chapter-128-spoiler-info.html
>UQ Holder is ending immediately in Weekly Shounen Magazine. I think this is the last weekly chapter to be published (chapter 128).
>The current story arc will apparently be resolved.
>An anime is being done. Whether a TV series or an OAD, I don’t know.
>The new UQ Holder series (which I presume will get a new title name, since that has been the pattern for other shounen weekly titles I’ve known of that have shifted to monthly) will start up in on on Bessatsu Shōnen Magazine October 9! So yes, no UQ Holder for a while.

Sorry, it was October, not November. I'm not sure about "Mahora World" as the new name, but that's what I heard. I'll probably give it a pass. I liked where UQ was going up until the end of the Dana arc, when suddenly the plot ground to a fucking halt and it went full harem hijinks mode.
>>
>>144884457
>tripfag

Why
>>
>>144885196
>No more Yukihime
This sucks
>>
From Ken's twitter. Taken from AS

1 will try to have the same seiyu from Negima play the same characters in UQ.

2 I (Ken) am 48 years old, been on SM for 23 years, physically it is getting harder, thinking it is time to give up my seat for young people, from now on to work about 60% in the future, which would give me a little leeway to remain working as a mangaka.

3 there will be three projects, (Negima+UQ=Mahora World)

There's nothing here that indicates a namechange will happen.
>>
File: _1406463253291.png (496KB, 1108x1600px) Image search: [Google]
_1406463253291.png
496KB, 1108x1600px
>>144885299
If this means we get more Evangeline it's nothing but win for us.
>>
>>144885372
I actually liked Yukihime.
>>
File: A remainder of better times.png (907KB, 1280x1818px) Image search: [Google]
A remainder of better times.png
907KB, 1280x1818px
>>
>>144885427
This. I was also looking forward to Touta saving Kitty and them ending up together
>>
>>144885196
>it will be monthly series
too fuckin bad
>>
>>144884563
This is what I wanted, but the execution is off.
>>
>>144885228
I'll post some Eva for you.

>>144884947
Once upon a time, this wasn't considered bad form and actually encouraged good posting.
>>
>>144885505
I love Negima dearly, but Pactio was shit.

Harem elements for the sake of haremshit that Ken and the reader knew would never actually go anywhere. I can only see it as a waste of pages.
And it was a cheap way of getting complete amateurs ridiculously broken artifacts to justify their inclusion in a cast that was way bigger than any sense allowed.
>>
>>144885196
Is Akamatsu cursed?
>>
>>144885703
Which characters would you have removed from the cast?
>>
But but but what about Kirie?
>>
>>144885902
Gone.
>>
>>144885716
He's just fighting against himself. What the guy does best are harems with shounen fights sprinkled within in, not pure shounen fighting series that don't really catch up anyone.
>>
>>144884892
that would be great no more touta and his shit characters
>>
>>144886155
Yeah fuck you too.
>>
I liked Negima and all and I have my nostalgia moments but jesus christ just get with the fucking times. I haven't even read UQ Holder but I probably will soon when I have the time. It seems really interesting.

It's doesn't hurt to keep doing something new for once. I feel like if I read this "Mahora World" I wouldn't get the same hype feeling that I had for Negima now because it was that exciting back then around the time it released. Now it probably just won't feel the same as it used to.
>>
>>144886173
touta faggot BTFO
>>
>>144886155
Touta will be MC, already confirmed by Akamatsu.
>>
Negima is STILL going on?

Nigga I have like vols 1 through 13 of the manga from like 5 years ago and I stopped because it was getting too much, but holy shit it's still going on?
>>
>>144886369
Good, Touta is a great MC.
>>
>>144886369
>>144886436
Damn it.

Touta was a shit protagonist that Akamatsu shoehorned into Evangeline's past because he was too lazy to actually develop their relationship and what would (hopefully) be the last of UQ is being put on the hold just for this.

For fucks sake, just end it Ken.
>>
>>144886512
End yourself, first.
>>
So basically, the only things we know is that UQ changed mag, went from weekly to monthly and that we have to wait till October, right? Everything else just seems to be baseless assumptions.
>>
File: 1352965179848.jpg (34KB, 262x133px) Image search: [Google]
1352965179848.jpg
34KB, 262x133px
>>144886512
This. Instead of making the character compelling by its own merits Ken tried to hard to shoehorn him everywhere into the pre-existing Negima universe, from being a clone of Negi to having already met Eva in the past to having Asuna's magic cancel and being key to defeating the Lifemaker.... like jesus christ Ken, can't you come up with something new to make people care about Touta on his own?
Do you really have to go that far carving so many things out of Negima?
>>
>>144884457

So it's not enough that he is trying his best to ruin Negima, UQ Holder is going to be slower, with flashbacks, and with Touta always there in the corner when we return to Mahora?

I wish he'd just pass UQ Holder off as an alternate future and move on.
>>
>>144885956
>>Kirie?
>Gone.
Sigh.
>>
i actually liked UQ holder. fuck you guys being sentimental and all on negima.
i like negima more than UQ but that s no reason to turn it into negima 2,0
>>
>>144887773
UQ's biggest problem was the sausage fest.
Next problem was the non-subtle tie-in to Negima.
>>
>>144887972
>it was meant to be negima 2.0
i dont recall UQ having that many wiener. Adult eva is great, mizore a cute, sure it has more guys then negi still.
>>
>>144887972
UQ's biggest problem is Akamatsu not being able to move on.

The new protagonist just had to have some connection to Negi instead of being his own character.

If he wanted to give Yukihime her happy ending fine, but decided to "develop" the relationship by cramming Touta into her past instead of giving her reasons to actually like him.

All the connections to Negima made people hunger for it instead of something new.

Nullified the ending of Negima by bringing back the MotB instead of letting it rest.

No new menace, old favorites brought back as villains, which will make people like them and root for them the most.

New characters are basically half baked versions of older characters with 1/10th of the charm.

If Akamatsu had just made a proper sequel while looking forward it would've been much better.
>>
>>144888079
Because Ken started changing that midway, but if you check the first chapter's release cover you'll see that there were plenty of guys planned to be involved, at about a 5:2 ratio compared to female ones.
>>
File: 1345133104675.jpg (5KB, 158x158px) Image search: [Google]
1345133104675.jpg
5KB, 158x158px
>>144888277
>No new menace, old favorites brought back as villains, which will make people like them and root for them the most.

Wish I could deny this... but I really, really can't.

Seeing Nodoka and Yue mop the floor with the new gang was the most satisfying chapter UQ Holder gave me.
>>
>>144885703
Pactios were great. They perfectly accented the girls' individual themes and relationships. The "amateur" aspect doesn't matter when the only pros were a mary sue vampire loli, dad's crazy friend and nothing personnel lurkers who stayed off the radar for 900 chapters. Schoolkids getting in over their head was the entire point of the series, it's right there from the start with a shota becoming a teacher for older students.

If you want to hate Yuna, then by all means hate Yuna, but don't throw the rest of the system out with the bathwater.

If any of the UQs had something like pactios to give them that much more individuality and distinctiveness I might have ended up caring for more than 2 of them. Even the vague promise of a pactio would give the hope that any given character would progress, which is why I cared about even super minor Negima girls and can't give any fucks about Tumblr: the Character and Yamcha Ghost and Currybutt 2.0 when it was certain that they would never go anywhere beyond their initial gimmicks.
>>
Well shit, its over. Somebody recommend me something else with loli vampires in it.
>>
>>144886369
Good. It starts getting on my nerves how Akamatsu seems to have no qualms about dropping series for whatever reason tickles his fancy. I'd be somewhat pissed, if he now switched over to the old cast again to suck their collective dick. Let the new guys have their time.
>>
Do you guys like Tota? I dont know why but I fucking hate the guy to no end.
>>
>>144889968
I dislike him quite a bit. Not only is he the epitome of the shounen main character which I have always disliked, he has little merit of his own.
He gets hand-me-down techniques from greater people and has a ridiculously overpowered weapon he never earned.
>>
>>144889968
Not really. Too generic, after seeing this trope in so many anime I now cordially hate the "genki generic protagonist with healing factor that punches bad guys in the face".

In comparison Negi felt kind of refreshing, a tryhard english gentleman sent to an all-girls school... at 10 year old and while secretely being a magus who's gonna be turned Ermine if he gets found out.
>>
>>144889968
you are not alone he is shit
>>
>>144889968
Im completely butthurt that Akamatsu is shipping him with Eva. Like, what the fuck, seriously.
>>
Negimafags ruined UQ.
>>
>>144885372
Now that's life
>>
>>144884457
If this takes place in an alternate world decades after the first, how are they still alive and young?
>>
>>144889345
>Tumblr: The Character
Who is this?
>>
>>144890628
Not sure. Kuromaru?
>>
>>144890699
That would be a hairy, black asian Kuromaru.
>>
>>144889968
He'd be fine if he was an MC in an entierly new work. But because UQ Holder ties to Negima, I can't help but compare him to Negi. Granted, Negi was not a flawless character either but he at least was different than the usual worry-free upbeat protagonist.
>>
>>144889968
He's an inferior protagonist and character when compared to Negi, is nothing special on his own.
And as a clone, he still has the whole "showing people that he is different/better than the original" stuff, when he is, both inside and outside the series, inferior.

>>144890364
It's not so much that Touta is being shipped with Eva, let her have her happy ending, but the whole "still in love with Negi" thing puts too much of a damper in it and Ken is too lazy to properly develop the relationship.

>>144890437
Wrong. Akamatsu did whatever he could to trigger Negimafags by being unable to move forward by leaning too much on Negima.
>>
>>144891341
I honestly stopped paying attention when I realized that the plot was going to be shounen. I had no interest in such a thing, since I've long found manga and anime work well outside of the confines of such a genre. If you want to reach more people, you make your manga/anime more than just one single genre. Negima basically crossed all sorts of genre lines, which is why i think it was so good. It wasn't bound by anything other than a few harem t...t...tropes.
>>
>>144891528
>Manga
>In a Shounen magazine
>Going to be Sounen

how surprising

Shounen is not a genre retard
>>
>>144891528
>shounen
This is my problem with UQ Holder. Now I know its says it shounen, but coming from Ken but more specifically Negima. I expected the concepts and discussions from Negima. The Mahora festival is the best example. Especially the discussion between Negi and yue. Honestly I don't hate UQ Holder. I wish for to be than Negima and to expand the world, the lore.
>>
>>144891904
If it's not a genre, what is it?
>>
>>144892386
A target audience
>>
>>144892386
A Demographic
>>
>>144885196
>which I presume will get a new title name, since that has been the pattern for other shounen weekly titles I’ve known of that have shifted to monthly
D. Gray-Man, Aho Girl, Birdmen, and Bastard all kept their names when they went from weekly to monthly. Probably more that I can't recall right now.
I can't think of a single one that actually changed its name, and the official announcement in the magazine mentioned nothing of the sort for UQ Holder so most likely the name isn't going to change.
>>
>>144886400
Negima ended in the most utterly disappointing way after Ken and his editor had it out, but then he wrote the direct sequel so he could keep trolling/milking it.
>>
>>144895806
It's not a sequel, let alone a direct sequel. It's a what-if / spin-off in an alternate timeline.
>>
>>144892085
Negi v.s. Chao was the best Negima, and I'm not talking about the fight.
>>
>>144896003
for me that discussion between them about changing the future and morality of it. Honestly Negi is a villain that chose to be a hero.
>>
>>144895907
This. UQ Holder felt more like an entirely new thing growing and feeding upon the corpse of Negima.
>>
>>144896474
Like UQ is getting Negima'd, I would say its safe to assume its a what-if spinoff which took itself too seriously and ended up beeing a sequel wannabe.
>>
>>144895907
> spin-off in an alternate timeline.

oh... no
it's a continuation.

a new shit inferior MC but the same timeline.
using the character from Negima universe as the main attractive point, not only as allies but villains too.
>>
>>144895907
Hold that train of thought.

Where exactly is that stated?
>>
>>144884563
Nice bait

>it's time for another autistic shitposters whine about UQ thread
>>
>>144898103
Negima ended with the MotB defeated forever, a happy ending.
UQ takes place in an alternate setting where the MotB is still alive and immortal.
>>
>>144898715
UQ Holder is in the timeline where Asuna kept sleeping and they couldn't defeat he MotB.
>>
>>144898715
>>144898786
I thought Akamatsu retconned the ending of Negima into making MotB return out of fucking nowhere to possess Negi.

If this is true then it changes everything.
>>
>>144884783
Please stop spreading bullshit. Anons are gullible, especially in shitposting threads like the ones UQ is plagued by. There is absolutely no indication of any of the nonsense you're spouting. The "Mahora World" thing was only mentioned in reference to there being more than one project, not that it would be a new title.
>>
File: THIS.png (2KB, 185x149px) Image search: [Google]
THIS.png
2KB, 185x149px
>>144885086

>But that's exactly what everyone wanted. UQ was shit.

FUCKING THIS.
>>
File: sinister smile.gif (2MB, 426x319px) Image search: [Google]
sinister smile.gif
2MB, 426x319px
>>144885427
>>144885299

More Evangeline is a good thing.
>>
File: Thumbs up.gif (772KB, 250x200px) Image search: [Google]
Thumbs up.gif
772KB, 250x200px
>>144885372
>>
>>144885086
Don't lump everyone into your bitter assblasted camp of entitled Negimafags. There are plenty of people in these threads who liked UQ and wanted the Negima shit gone, even if they liked Negima.
>>
>>144900127
But the "Negima shit" you're referring to made up more than 60% of UQH.
>>
File: missedstake.jpg (149KB, 590x544px) Image search: [Google]
missedstake.jpg
149KB, 590x544px
>>144900127
>>
>>144900192
UQ's concept of a band of immortals does not need Negima, though. That's the point, it has a premise it CAN use to stand as its own thing, but instead of trying to do that Ken just overwhelmed the story with Negima.
>>
>>144900492
Granted, it had potential. Immortal organization against evil, with sword fighting techniques as a strong point. But honestly, Tota was, and is, complete shit, I cant like this with such a bullshit MC. He will always be compared to Negi in which case its just impossible for him to reach Negi levels of character development.
>>
>>144900127
UQfags still assmad that they kicked out from a magazine they claimed would never happen.

How does it feel that your shit series went to a magazine with vastly far lower circulation numbers than its original magazine?
>>
>>144900656
I personally like Touta, but I do think he was a lot better at the start. I thought he played off the UQ cast well, too. Once there was more Negima and harem stuff introduced, he began to feel more two-dimensional, especially during the harem parts. And the Negima stuff just does the same as fans (as you mentioned), constantly compare and relate him to Negi. Doing that takes away from him being his own character.
>>
>>144900794
Feels fine, because the one who made the decision was Ken himself. Bait harder.
>>
>>144900860
Thats expected, happens everywhere when a famous mangaka starts a new project. Just look at Death Note guy, his new MC so far seems like a complete pussy because people, conscious or not, compare him to Light. Tota will be forever overshadowed by Negi, thats a fact.
>>
So, they cancelled the mango but still will make the anime?
What kind of logic is this?
>>
>>144901098
Its not canceled, people are overreacting as always. Its on hiatus, will continue in another magazine, there's a rumor about a new title but there's no confirmation, so, its BS until we get some kind of confirmation.
>>
File: 1250453074449.jpg (12KB, 313x281px) Image search: [Google]
1250453074449.jpg
12KB, 313x281px
>>144901098
Jesus, read the thread. It's not cancelled, Ken himself decided to move to monthly and as a result it's currently on break.
Thread posts: 104
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.