[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /a/ have any experience with contracting translators? I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: qisPg[1].jpg (48KB, 238x386px) Image search: [Google]
qisPg[1].jpg
48KB, 238x386px
Does /a/ have any experience with contracting translators?

I don't really know much about the translation, cleaning, and editing process (or what cleaning and editing even means really). I don't know if I want to have the translation on the page or if i'm fine with just a text file, but those questions are kinda moot until I can find information on hiring free lance translators or something.

Anyone know more?
>>
contact me on
#boysthatpretendtobegirlsonline on rizon
>>
>>144872657
I went there out of curiosity, no one was there.
>>
File: 1469413631204.png (39KB, 261x300px) Image search: [Google]
1469413631204.png
39KB, 261x300px
>>144872608
Translator speaking here.

>I don't really know much about the translation, cleaning, and editing process

that's fine
>cleaning
removing text and improving the linework and overall quality of the RAW if necessary or possible
>editing
usually just proof-reading the text

>I don't know if I want to have the translation on the page or if i'm fine with just a text file
If you talk about hiring JUST a translator, he will deliver a .txt for you - at least that's how I work.
Cleaning and Typesetting require some Photoshop-Skills to be anywhere near effective, and require a lot of time.
Editing is not even really nice to do by yourself - you tend to not see your own errors.

>how to hire freelancers
I would roam the Scanlations-Threads for available people, or contact specific Groups directly.

That IRC-Channel also looks promising.

Gentle Reminder: You always get what you pay for.
>>
>>144872753
The IRC doesn't seem to actually exist (unless I am missin somethin)

Do you know people who are interested in translating or people who are interested in translating and cleaning? Or where I can find people who are?
>>
I guess I should post this on /r/ or somethin. I offered 10 cents a word to some guy I met on a website I frequent so I am mostly lookin around since the guy might not be able to do it.
>>
What manga are you even trying to get translated?
>>
>>144872813
>>144874726
I don't know convenient people like that. It would really be the best if you look out for the Scanlation thread which pops up once in a while, marked by the Photoshop Logo. It's searchable and should have some people who are definitely interested in money.
>>
>>144874726
Jitsu wa watashi wa. Im talking to some chinese dude right now and im having him translate chapter 143 right now as a pilot to see how he does.
>>
>>144874901
Yeah, I might try those out later and have them take the script (if its as good as the one that the current anon doing it does where he gives shiragami her cute lil accent) and put it on.

Otherwise, just being able to see some of what shiragami is sayin is good nuf for me.
>>
>>144874942
Create an account on e-hentai.org and go to the forums, there's an area for scanlation/translation (Cove of Scanlators) and there's always a bunch of topics and translators for hire there and they usually explain how they work.

iirc the price varies from 0.5 to 2.0 $ per page, depending on how much text there is on it, and the editing process is usually done by someone else (they can get someone to do it or they'll just send you the .txts and you find an editor yourself) for about 0.5~1.5 per page.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.