[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the point of watching subtitles across the bottom of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 9

File: 2000px-Japanese_text_test.svg.png (121KB, 2000x464px) Image search: [Google]
2000px-Japanese_text_test.svg.png
121KB, 2000x464px
What is the point of watching subtitles across the bottom of a screen when you can actually listen and understand anime in English?
dubs>subs
>>
Because when you watch english dubs you are not watching the original anime.
>>
>>144837069
What's the point of watching the original if you can't understand it?
>>
File: baccano1.jpg (518KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
baccano1.jpg
518KB, 1024x768px
>>144836751
This is the only show with good dubs.
>>
>>144837910
What if I can?
>>
>>144838029
Most on here can't.
>>
>>144838098
And?
>>
>>144838151
THEN THERE'S NO POINT IN WATCH SUBS
>>
>>144838175
/thread
>>
I can't watch dubbed. The VAs sound like they couldn't care less about their role. At least with Japs I can't really tell, and their voices are almost always livelier.
>>
>>144838175
There is no point in reading subs if you don't understand what is being said in the anime? I'm not sure you understand what subs are for.
>>
File: dubs.gif (2MB, 400x286px) Image search: [Google]
dubs.gif
2MB, 400x286px
>>
>>144838358
Japanese voices all sound the same
>>
>>144836751
Emotionless voice actors who don't give two shits about putting actual effort into the product their being paid to voice.
>>
That's great and all but why did you post the universal declaration of human rights in Japanese? ?
>>
>>144838526
It's not uncommon for the VAs to be in a lot of other works. If you meant something other than that, then you're retarded. Have fun with your shit translations and poor American VAs
>>
I prefer dubs so I can focus on the visuals.
>>
>not learning Chinese so you can watch your thai kickboxing paintings
>>
English voice actors are garbage. Their monotone, emotionless and amateurish acting works only on ironic shows like Cromartie High.
>>
>>144837910
The subs allow you to understand it. I swear, anti sub people are just mildly illiterate and are grasping at straws to justify the fact that they need to put conscious effort into something that comes automatically to most people: reading.

Your argument sounds like some black guy saying, "Why the fuck do all you niggers like that white ass Monna Lissa. They make a black version. Why would you want to appreciate art you can't relate too!?"
>>
>>144838735
You can't read.
Learn to read better.
>>
>>144836751

Because I'm not American
>>
I enjoy jap voices. Dubbers are not as good actors.
>>
File: Seiyuus are serious business.jpg (599KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Seiyuus are serious business.jpg
599KB, 1280x720px
>>144839089
>>
File: 2chan sympathizers.jpg (423KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
2chan sympathizers.jpg
423KB, 1280x720px
Voice acting otaku uprising soon.
>>
Learn to read you illiterate fuck. As a non-native speaker of English I've always been doing this, and I honestly don't even notice that I'm reading. You don't have to endure shitty untalented dubs to focus on the animation, just read faster.
>>
The main reason why I watch subs is because I don't want to wait for dubs.

Also I prefer Japanese voices.
>>
>>144838677
faggot
>>144838927
Yes if I am watching a show, I want to watch a show, not read. If I want to read, I'll read a fucking book.
>>
>>144839499
Dubs are made by professional voice actors, translators and other
>>
>>144836751
Thanks, mined 尊厳 and 同胞
>>
>>144839840
>Yes if I am watching a show, I want to watch a show, not read. If I want to read, I'll read a fucking book.
Reading requires no effort. You shouldn't even notice you are doing it, it should just happen. Especially at the slow speed of spoken dailog, processing the subs should require almost no extra brain cycles.

You are illiterate. Fucking go read that book until subs aren't even a thing to you.
>>
>>144839932
Just because someone gets paid to do something doesn't mean they are great at it.
>>
>>144840285
Most modern dub voice actors are pretty good as long as they have good directors. The problem is that a lot of directors are fucking terrible, either for thinking that a particular line sounds good when it doesn't, or when they pick the VA most unfit to their role. Also a lot of dub script writers are lazy as fuck.
>>
File: you.jpg (237KB, 1093x1099px) Image search: [Google]
you.jpg
237KB, 1093x1099px
>>144836751
>>
>>144840231
>can read
>is illiterate
>>144840285
Better than anything weaboos in their basements can do
>>
File: a.jpg (81KB, 557x664px) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
81KB, 557x664px
>>144840702
>dubs are better than subs but these are the reasons almost all of dubs are shit
What are you trying to argue here?

>>144841098
>illiterate
Just proved it yourself my man
>>
File: 213dastcj0123.jpg (41KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
213dastcj0123.jpg
41KB, 500x375px
>>144836751
How about these dubs?
>>
I have a friend who hates watching subs. I like to download dual audio versions anime and make a point of switching it to Japanese every time I load a new episode.

"You'll get used to it." I say.

"I'll have to completely retrain myself to not focus on the subtitles." He says.

"Sure thing man, just give it a few hundred hours and you won't want it any other way."

"No, no." He says, "You don't understand. I have superior focus. It's not something I can ignore, I have to focus on the subtitles because of how much better I focus then other people. Focus!"

"I know you don't read so well, man, but subtitles will train you. I taught my baby sister to read with them before she even entered school."

And then he throws a fucking fit. I know I'm an asshole, but it's funny.
>>
>>144839089
That's because most anime dubber are third-rate actors who can't get any role on movie, TV and theater.
>>
>>144836751
Because English sounds like puke as opposed to the beautiful language that is the glorious Japanese.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.