[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is your slave tonight.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 206
Thread images: 48

This is your slave tonight.
>>
Can I get the lv99 werewolf instead please?
>>
>>144823262

It would have been more realistic if she saw Naofumi as a father-figure, but wanted to fuck the Spear Dude instead. I mean, she's just joined to him at the hip otherwise.

The series was so much more interesting when it just the two of 'em.
>>
>>144823517
>but wanted to fuck the Spear Dude instead
You should never write anything worth of note. Kill yourself, nigger.
>>
File: 077.png (926KB, 1039x1600px) Image search: [Google]
077.png
926KB, 1039x1600px
>>144823517
Her character basically goes fucking nowhere after the early parts in the LN. There's a retarded as fuck cast bloat. I'm so disappointed. Don't even get me started on the Mary Sue Queen.
>>
>>144823517
>The series was so much more interesting when it just the two of 'em

On this part I have to agree, like lot other works it starts with an interesting unique feeling, not that is completly original but was different enough to make it feel fresh, but with time it just degenerates into generic thing losing everything that make it feel different.

Not that I dislike it now, but certainly I preferred how it was at the beginning because it was something you felt was refreshing but with the time just beomces yet another "DQ manga".
>>
>>144823571

The whole point of retaining tension in a story is not giving the hero what he wants. You, as a reader, expect Naofumi to get the girl out of the goodness of his heart and because he raised her from accelerated childhood to adulthood.

It would be a lot more interesting if she did love him, but loved him as a parent or an older brother. Instead, she just wants to get into his panties and her personality is "Unfailingly loyal, gets annoyed when other girls try to get close."

That isn't remotely exciting. Characters are more interesting when they have unique characteristics.
>>
>>144824272
There's a line between "new and interesting" and "fuck that shit."
>>
>>144824440

I don't know, man. From what I've seen, the way you keep your readers hooked is to never let them get comfy. Whenever you get the chance, you boot them in the fucking balls, but you hold out just enough hope so they don't give up.

Sort of why Game of Thrones, Re: Zero and so on are all popular. It's because there's what you would expect to get in a normal narrative, and then it doesn't happen. We care more for a hero when he is upset, unhappy or thwarted then when he's at peace.

I mean, after that very interesting - if forced - opening, Shield Hero becomes a standard harem fantasy RPG party with a typical isekai escalating powerlevel problem. The most notable thing about the story was the hero's problems at the start.
>>
>>144824272
I don't care about a unique character as long as their traits are derived from their motivations and circumstances. It's when they make a character for the sole purpose of having a few overused traits that I stop giving a fuck.
>>
>>144824272
>The whole point of retaining tension in a story is not giving the hero what he wants. You, as a reader, expect Naofumi to get the girl out of the goodness of his heart and because he raised her from accelerated childhood to adulthood.

But Naofumi doesn't want her. At least not at the beginning anyway.

And the tension of being accused of rape, murder and being the devil by a whole kingdom is not enough for you? Do you think a good work has your "tension" in every single aspect of the story? Every time the MC uses his powers he should have a chance to explode? Protagonists should never score, never be involved romantically and never win, because that would be giving them what they "want" ?
>>
>>144824567
>Sort of why Game of Thrones, Re: Zero and so on are all popular. It's because there's what you would expect to get in a normal narrative, and then it doesn't happen. We care more for a hero when he is upset, unhappy or thwarted then when he's at peace.

There are many works that are far more popular than those, that don't abide by the rules you mentioned. What do you think that means in the circumstances of your argument?
In the first place you base your concepts entirely on there existing a "normal" narrative, but if every work followed the structure you mentioned there wouldn't be a "normal narrative" to go against. The expectations people have will get swapped.

I agree that the party should've stopped at 2, but the girl he raised falling in love with the asshole who sabotaged and nearly killed her "fatherly figure" is just bollocks.
>>
>>144824729

Protagonists shouldn't get what is expected, to be honest. Sure they can win, but it leads to more and more adventure and more and more drama.

A story where the protagonist isn't constantly challenged is a boring story. We shouldn't have long chapters dedicated to him level grinding and earning money through MMO-esque farming.

Also, all the accusations turn out to be false and groundless. It would be more exciting if the King had a valid reason for hating the Shield Hero. Like, if the previous Shield Hero went mad, became a genocidal warlord that tried to cast the lands into shadow, and the other three heroes had to unite to kill him in a battle that shook the pillars of heaven.

Also, Naofumi isn't a very likeable character. From the start, he's sullen, smart-mouthed and unwilling to get with the program. It would be a departure from the norm if it turns out that the other three guys are in fact *better* at being heroes than him.

Instead, at a certain point we run out of originality. Nothing is remotely as compelling as the first few chapters, man. You have to admit it really drops off once Naofumi gets going.
>>
>>144824929

> I agree that the party should've stopped at 2, but the girl he raised falling in love with the asshole who sabotaged and nearly killed her "fatherly figure" is just bollocks.

Wasn't he just dense, instead of openly malicious? He had a fundamentally good heart, he was just an idiot.
>>
File: 1410541603804.png (2MB, 1517x1076px) Image search: [Google]
1410541603804.png
2MB, 1517x1076px
>>144823517
The focus has shifted entirely on Firo, but she has had basically no character development and Naofumi declaring himself her "rearer" feels hollow. Even with accelerated growth, shouldn't she imprint on Naofumi and Raphtalia at least? What first appealed to me about this series was "family" Naofumi was building, but that hasn't been relevant since Raphtalia's growth spurt.
>>
>>144825498
Not him, but that probably explains why I dropped this series after she showed up. It was heartwarming to see that first connection being made.
>>
File: 14526087736801.png (403KB, 1209x996px) Image search: [Google]
14526087736801.png
403KB, 1209x996px
>>
>>144825788

Basically, yeah. She's just boring.
>>
>>144823262
Thanks!
>>
Slavery is wrong.
>>
>>144826703

Yeah, but she's happy with it! That makes it perfectly okay because she's so happy to become his slave all over again.

Seriously, imagine if she'd told him to fuck off at the first opportunity. Everything the same, she just buggered off as soon as she was free, or at least was very, very tempted to just leave him. That would be fascinating to watch.
>>
>>144825304
>Total fucking idiot refusing to hear about the circumstances.
Idiot and egocentric.
>>
>>144824961
>A story where the protagonist isn't constantly challenged is a boring story
Disagree completely. There are plenty of interesting stories where the MC just steamrolls most of the time and occasionally has challenging encounters. You simply have shit taste. You come off as either a masochist who likes to self insert or a sadist who wants to watch the MC suffer more. You should go read Kuro no Maou or something, it's right up your alley.
>>
>>144826703
Only when the slaves are maltreated.
>>
At first I was surprised to see how much the manga differs from the book. I read the manga first, and when I caught up, I started the LN. After about 11 volumes, I can safely say that I hope they stray as far from the source as possible. Its pretty impressive how hard the story diminishes in quality from the first handful of volumes.
>>
[x] grind XP
>>
>>144827694

That's sort of what I meant. As soon as Naofumi settles into a rut, the story becomes really, REALLY boring. I personally mark the point from where Firo turns up as the slow descent into something tremendously bland.
>>
>>144826703
>Implying we are not living in the age of modern slavery.
>>
>>144827694
If they ever make an anime out of this, they should just dedicate the whole show to the hero and slave, with the finale being when he finally sees her true form.
>>
>>144824961
>A story where the protagonist isn't constantly challenged is a boring story
>Protagonists shouldn't get what is expected
Yeah no. Are you a shounenfag or something? Daraku No Ou , Genjitsushugisha no Oukokukaizouki, Overlord, Shinigami wo Tabeta Shoujo and more are very entertaining without the shit you described.
>>
>>144827694
Hopefully they skip that awful "Madness" arc.
>>
>>144828002

Frankly, I've never heard of any of those except Overlord, and I didn't like Overlord. Overlord was a good example of having a protagonist who was simply too powerful to be interesting.

He didn't even have loyalty problems with his minions. There was no tension.

I only find fights exciting when the hero has a genuine chance of being seriously injured or maimed, or risks losing something important. If it's just a fight for the sake of fighting, it's pointless. If the cost of losing the fight is "I'm going to cut your lover's face off" then there are stakes that make it tense and interesting.
>>
Just finished reading the novel
Top tier shit
>>
>>144828002
Overlord was actually boring as fuck. What was the point of the show? I'd understand if some stupidly OP protagonist was starring in some comedy, but holy fuck I slept through that show.
>>
This started out with too much suffering for no reason, and then the guy becomes your average isekai MC.
>>
>>144828396
And a second later everything turns into average isekai with dumb as fuck plot and barely likeable characters
>>
>>144823262
>She wets your bed.
>>
>>144828109
Are you kidding, mad scientist Naofumi arc was fucking hilarious, I loved it.
>>
>>144828124
Not him but i like Overlord precisely because he tries to retain the loalty of his minions with all his might which creates some hilarious developments. I also wouldn't exactly say he 0 problems with his minions or call him boring based on his inner thoughts, but you probably dont read the LN. The dark comedy is done pretty decently as well although nothing to write home about.

Anyway the newest conquest of the Empire and JUST was one of the most amusing events I've read or seen recently.
>>
Was it ever explained why the daughter of the king is such a massive cunt towards Naofumi? I mean the poor guy has literally done nothing wrong but she immediately steals his equipment then proceeds to accuse him of rape.
>>
>>144829598
I bet you like "filler arcs" as well.
>>
>>144831283
Yes, she's literally the final boss, she's the incarnation of an evil goddess who is behind all the shit the heroes were summoned to stop. She doesn't actually have any memories of that, but it's simply her nature to be a spoiled bitch; she even tries to kill her sister at one point. She basically goes around making worlds merge with each other (the shit coming from the cracks is because the worlds are colliding) until they get big enough for her to descend into them in her true form so she can devour everything; until then, she sends a weak copy of herself with no memories in to stir up trouble and collect more spoiled princess memories for her to enjoy. Naofumi and Raphtalia are killed by her and are ejected back to Earth. After figuring out a way to return, they get lost in inter-dimensional space, wandering around outside of time and becoming gods before finally going back to kill her. I am 100% serious.
>>
>>144832115
That's the original shit ending that pissed off all the nips, right? Wasn't the ending changed because it literally pissed everybody off?
>>
File: 13.jpg (132KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
13.jpg
132KB, 1280x720px
>>144832115
Dis real? Hahaha.
>>
File: golems are a man's best friend.jpg (573KB, 1200x846px) Image search: [Google]
golems are a man's best friend.jpg
573KB, 1200x846px
>>144823262
>go to isekai world
>get a slave or two or more

They can't keep getting away with this.
>>
>>144833134
No, I believe the ending that pissed off the nips was where they give up their godhood and go back to being mortals, living their life out in that world, typical happily ever after bullshit. The author went back and added an epilogue where they become roaming Godslayers (like Kurou and Al Azif in Demonbane's true ending), and they leave behind clones on the worlds they visit to collect happy memories, the same way that Bitch did, and the ones that lived happily ever after were just their clones.
>>
>>144832115
Nigga what the fuck? The whole story actually revolved around this bitch? With the way they wrote her in the beginning I expected her to be some first arc villain who everyone fucking hates but are too afraid to do anything about until shieldbro stands up to her.
>>
>>144824961
>You have to admit it really drops off once Naofumi gets going.

To be fair that is in the very nature of the genre, doesn't matter if it is a pen and paper D&D campaign or a videogame, the better part is at the beginning when you meet your party members, adquire your equipment and learn skills, from the mid onwards it goes downhill

>>144833653
>>144832115
I don't see the problem with any of that. Perhaps the overpowered god thing is a bit boring but I don't see there anything at all that could make people hate it.

Although I don't understand Japanese readers, they are always triggered by the weirdest things.
>>
>>144833394
There is an isekai manga that is about a loser highschooler that is transported to isekai world and he gets literally the job of "slavemancer" and his only purpose is slave girls.
>>
>>144833876
After the current arc in the manga, the Queen steps in and punishes her and the King (Naofumi has her change the King's name to "Trash" and has Motoyasu start calling Bitch some really offensive term I can't remember, but I think it meant prostitute or something). Then she's out of the picture for quite a while, until she tries to fuck with Naofumi again somehow (honestly I forget what it was but she teams up with the Bow hero after he goes crazy from using cursed bow powers?) and they send her as a gift to an extremely sadistic emperor who likes to cut girls up and fuck the hole he made. After her "corpse" is sent back, you think it's over, but no, it's not. She's out of the story for a long ass time and you really think you'll never see her again. Just when you've forgotten her, she comes back again, the corpse was fake and she was rescued by some dipshit reincarnated dude (I loved how the author put that joke in) who is a total sucker and believed every word she said. They FINALLY publicly execute her and you think "ok wow, finally, after all these chapters, closure is confirmed" but you'd be fucking wrong because she's actually just the clone of the evil goddess! The evil goddess descends, absorbs her soul fragment, and kills all the heroes except CAPTAIN JUSTICE. So Bow Hero is left alone to try and protect everything, and it's just a sick play to satisfy her desire for entertainment until Naofumi finally shows up and they trap her in the world with the power of the heroes so he and Raphtalia can put an end to her without her running away.
>>
>>144834599
Not him, but What The Fuck. Author probably had a lot of fun while writing that.
>>
>>144823706

is she all right?
>>
>>144834599
Jesus fucking Christ, I thought she would be some royal bitch whose motivation was based on some realistic circumstance, like an abusive upbringing or scumbag past hero.

What the actual fuck is this shit?
>>
>>144834599
>>144832115

I am so glad I dropped this LN. I hope the manga turns out less shitty.
>>
>>144835010
It's funny because you actually think "how the fuck is this bitch still not dead yet?" as you're reading the story every time she keeps popping up. Naofumi even changes her nickname from Bitch to Witch at some point because she's so fucking evil and every time he thinks he's rid of her she pops up again. The last boss thing takes you completely by surprise; the graphic public execution really gave you a sense of closure and the author is like HAHA FOOLED YOU
>>
>>144835010
web novels are popular for the speed of updates they put out and not exactly the quality of the story

same reason why soap operas go so wild. when you literally have hours to think of the plot progression you just start going wild
>>
>>144833394
If it was illegal to get slaves, sure. But fantasy worlds always have slaves and they seem to be super efficient too.
>>
>>144835059
Why did you find shitty?

Honest question here. I mean, there is some people that complains about how it turns out but I fail to understand what makes them mad.

Tell me, what particularry is what bothers you about how the story goes?
>>
>>144835230
>e last boss thing takes you completely by surprise; the graphic public execution really gave you a sense of closure and the author is like HAHA FOOLED YOU

To be honest I would be suspicious there rather than thinking that it is giving closure, the bitchy character being executred? There is no way a work would end that way, of course there would be something else there.
>>
>>144835401
You actually read those spoilers and didn't think any part of it was shit?
>>
>>144835518
Well the author went into extreme and gruesome detail about how she and her cohorts were executed, it was so edgy that even Naofumi was a little grossed out being forced watching it. One moment I remember vividly was some scientist researcher chick from the enemy faction was thrown into a giant beaker full of acid while still alive. The Bitch was killed by some soul devouring monster, which they brought out "just to be sure" that she actually fucking dies this time, so yeah, while it was slightly suspicious, I didn't really see any way for her to come back from that one and I figured it was actually over. Then the shit hit the fan.
>>
>>144823262
So the two things wrong with Shield Hero is just it's too edgy and the ending? Okay, I guess. Sounds pretty good then.
>>
>>144836132
Give it a try but trust me, those are far from the only bad things about shieldbro
>>
>>144823706
WHY DO YOU HAVE TO REMIND ME OF WOLFSMUND
>>144823706
Thats wolfsmund anon, no one is okey there, not even those who survive.
>>
>>144835527
Yes I read it, don't think is good, but neither I think is shitty, is an average happy ending. Then again I fail to see whats wrong with it
>>
>>144836472
Because there is nothing wrong with it. People exaggerate it because that's just how people are.
>>
>>144836472
It's because the whole plot was based on a character who in the end is just evil for the sake of being evil. There is no realistic motivation for her to be a bitch to everybody.
>>
>>144836607
And? So what? Not every character needs a motivation to do things. Evil incarnates are a thing.
>>
>>144836472
>out of nowhere
>makes an already shallow character ever more shallow and plot centric
>makes no sense
>not shitty
>>
>>144836607
Well, I can certainly agree with that, but still hating it just for it seems like a bit too much.
>>
>>144836684
For a story that takes itself seriously, a character who does shitty things with no clear motivation is unacceptable. I'd accept something crappy like greed or some misplaced grudge or prejudice, as long as there's some backstory behind it. Nobody is inherently that evil.
>>
>>144836922
>seriously
Do you even read this story? LNs are never 100% serious and this isn't either. It has a good amount of comedy and interactive scenes and therefore allows you to know the tone.
>>
>>144823360
You mean level 75 wolfman.

finally, a shield thread. Did anyone get vol 5 already, my copy arrives this august 5, any spoilers? i want to know how much of a bro L'Arc is.
>>
>>144837054
Since when a story can't take itself seriously and have comedy at the same time?
>>
>>144823262
tender headpats
>>
>>144837054
I've read the manga as far as the first appearance of the bird and as far as I can tell it's pretty serious. Just because there's some funny scenes doesn't mean it's not serious.
>>
Bonfirebro >>> Shieldbro

Prove me wrong
>>
>>144834850
You have no fucking idea of what sort of sick, twisted and sadistic "fun" is until you start reading the spear hero's do-over.
>>
Guys, do you remember the name of that isekai LN where protag's entire class gets transported into a fantasy world and everyone gets cool powers except for him?
Then they leave him to die after a failed dungeon raid and he gets reborn as a demon lord.
Shit was edge max but it made it all the more hilarious.
>>
>>144837687
Sounds familiar, maybe I can look for it.
>>
>>144837687
Sounds as shitty as the one where MC's classmate pushes MC off a cliff because he's jealous that MC a cute childhood friend that won't go out with him, only for the MC to find out that he can become OP by eating high level monsters. Then there's some loli vampire and bunny, and that's all I remember.
>>
>>144837687
Arifureta
>>
>>144834599
She would be renamed as Bitch as a personal name and Whore as here adventurer name, Naofumi renames her Witch (Whore+bitch=Witch). The thing she did was that tipped the /glass/ was inciting a coup via a fucking rebellion to take the crown for herself aided by the remnants of the church of the three heroes, itsuki's old party and a sorta brainwashed itsuki, taking advantage of his curse to mind-control people into "justice" zombies, puppets with no free will in service to itsuki and his allies. The goddess sends various fragments of her soul to start shit in the worlds and lower their defenses so she can easily reap em. There was one such fragment in glass's world in which the godess went full shin megami tensei, and EVEN THEN, when she appeared it was still a fragment of the goddess (although "Fuck your shit up" kind of powerul), being remote controlled from who the fuck knows where. It took that one long ass name attack of hers, which kills and erases you from existence all places past, present and future, from any timeline both alternate and divergent, amplified and reflected back at her to kill her once and for fucking all
>>
>>144837958
>>144837798
Much obliged
I remembered him being a fat fuck during transfer though, hmm
>>
>>144838147
Shit, I've checked the first 2 chapters and it's not the one I was thinking of
These authors are such hacks, aside from transmutation they begin exactly the same
>>
File: latest.jpg (38KB, 466x723px) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
38KB, 466x723px
>>144831845
>>144829598
>>144828109
Well Raph-chan appears as early as volume 8 which is WAAAY before then so we might end up getting a very revised version of that, or might get skipped.

Would be a shame to not have the new seven sins arc though.
>>
>>144828002
>thinking anyone here even heard of lazy king or deathgod
You're on a board that hates going out of it's comfort zone and then bitches that the thing they like has gone stale.
>>
File: 1469434662891.gif (18KB, 152x191px) Image search: [Google]
1469434662891.gif
18KB, 152x191px
>>144839081
That said, here's what naofumi has done as far as the new seven sins, LN wise, not WN wise:
>Genetic modification
Bioplant modification and assisting Rat with her experiments
>human experimentation
Most notably Raphtalia, Rishia and his slaves. His shields give them lots of bonuses while being enslaved to him.
>Social injustice
Practicing slavery
>Causing poverty
Robbing bandits out of everything they own
>Drugs
The Yggdrasil medicine which while it curse almost anything, it is also highly addictive and has a love potion-like effect

Not sure commited new sins:
>enviromental pollution
His wrath shield's back flames can pollute the ground and the enviroment, not sure if he has done so by accident in the LN.

Not yet commited ones:
>Becoming obscenely, ludicrously, unreasonably rich.
Festival arc has not yet happened, and he breaks even with his peddling business considering he has a village to mantain.
>>
File: 49918368_p3.jpg (335KB, 736x852px) Image search: [Google]
49918368_p3.jpg
335KB, 736x852px
>it's not a slave thread
Damn.
>>
File: 1468366182050.png (1MB, 1500x2576px) Image search: [Google]
1468366182050.png
1MB, 1500x2576px
>>144841148
You can post slaves if you want
>>
File: 6e9QEXo.jpg (164KB, 777x600px) Image search: [Google]
6e9QEXo.jpg
164KB, 777x600px
>>
File: 1444071083496.jpg (61KB, 676x174px) Image search: [Google]
1444071083496.jpg
61KB, 676x174px
>>144842633
Well i hope this thread is still up when i get back. Not really hoping for much
>>
>>144837687
You'll have to be more specific, I've read at least three stories that start off like that. Can't remember their names other than Arifureta though.
>>
>>144842826
The only way to maintain a shield hero thread is doing it a Ln/Wn thread
>>
>>144842826
There's not really much to talk about now. After dropping those spoilers and discussing how the series went to shit after they introduced the second slave there's not much reason for me to continue reading any of the material. The best you can hope for is a general isekai or LN discussion.
>>
>>144843478
Perhaps when vol 5 arrives we'll have stuff to discuss, since that is where the differences become greater.
>>
>>144843695
I have read an epub that I found on the internet, it was 17 volumes. How do I know that it was the WN or LN?
>>
File: the shieldbro finds a way.png (501KB, 980x737px) Image search: [Google]
the shieldbro finds a way.png
501KB, 980x737px
>>
>>144843896
LN goes up to 15, so you're on the wn
>>
>>144843896
>>144843950
I mean sorry, up to volume 14, with an audio cd counting as 14.5. There's 4 of them light novels published in english, with the 5th one coming this august the 23th, some got it as early as this late july.
>>
I wish the mangaka made more 4komas
>>
File: but it's true.png (658KB, 491x1438px) Image search: [Google]
but it's true.png
658KB, 491x1438px
>>144846057
>>
File: FAT.png (302KB, 484x1410px) Image search: [Google]
FAT.png
302KB, 484x1410px
>>144846225
>>
File: My planet needs me.jpg (366KB, 740x2337px) Image search: [Google]
My planet needs me.jpg
366KB, 740x2337px
>>144846643
>>
After reading the full WN, I really enjoyed the beginning and the end. The middle power escalating part was garbage, especially after the Queen decided that Naofumi was innocent and that was the complete end of him being interesting as a character in any way. The end was great after the goddess descended, it would have been hilarious if the author had kept to the original ending of having the goddess win by killing/sending back Naofumi and Raphtalia and just leaving it at that. The chapters after that where they became gods were awful.
>>
>>144846854
the original was just naofumi going back alone and pretending nothing ever happened to try and cope with the feeling that everyone he cared about died.
>>
>>144847089
That would have been even better than what I read, I had thought the chapter where the two of them returned was the original ending, but if it was what you said then we really missed out. Fucking japs always got to have a happy ending.
>>
>>144847235
Well, as with all adaptations, we just gotta wait till we get to the end. Who knows, the ending will definitely be different this time around but how is anyone's guess
>>
>>144847235
I can't stand stories without a happy ending either desu
>>
>>144848143
Well how about Roasted tanuki?
>>
File: very smug.png (408KB, 382x1200px) Image search: [Google]
very smug.png
408KB, 382x1200px
>>
File: 1427806130840.jpg (86KB, 385x567px) Image search: [Google]
1427806130840.jpg
86KB, 385x567px
>>
File: 1444073937944.jpg (69KB, 394x356px) Image search: [Google]
1444073937944.jpg
69KB, 394x356px
>>144850054
Even i thought he was some cute shota but nope
>draw a boy
>call it a girl

every single time.
>>
File: 1427806308729.jpg (126KB, 389x567px) Image search: [Google]
1427806308729.jpg
126KB, 389x567px
>>
File: Raphtalia snaps.png (389KB, 915x515px) Image search: [Google]
Raphtalia snaps.png
389KB, 915x515px
>>144850254
>>
File: 1435393561620.jpg (590KB, 1013x720px) Image search: [Google]
1435393561620.jpg
590KB, 1013x720px
>>
>>144823262
Good thing she dies.
>>
>>144851771
Mind explaning in detail where, when and how?
>>
>>144852142

At the end of the story, Bitch kills them all and a traumatized Naofumi is sent home, desperately trying to convince himself it was all a dream.
>>
>>144851388
The queen gets me so hard.
>>
>>144853154
Vol 5 preview, Naofumi notes that she's in her 20's.

Imagine that.
>>
File: slavemancer.jpg (185KB, 782x633px) Image search: [Google]
slavemancer.jpg
185KB, 782x633px
>>144834148
Hey this shit ain't half bad.
>>
>>144850254
>>144850254
>that murderous intent around Raphtalia

oh yes.

Also, >>144828002 is correct.
Ya'll a bunch of fags that can't like a story unless it's "completely original with intense character development and blablabla".
Even when it's original you guys will still call it shit.

I just want a shieldbro/LN thread
>>
>>144853399
>slavemancer

please tell me that's not the actual name

name? slave harem is getting even more boring and I need a replacement
>>
File: splat.jpg (187KB, 782x1104px) Image search: [Google]
splat.jpg
187KB, 782x1104px
>>144853565
Himekishi ga Classmate

Though googling slavemancer gets you results as well.
>>
>>144853537
It's /a/ bro, it is to be expected. i both look foward and dread the day this gets an anime adaptation, knowing the current anime industry it'll try to adapt the first 4 volumes into 12 episodes unless kadokawa gets a massive boner like with Re:zero and order up two cours for this.
>>
>>144853608
>only 5 chapters

fuck
>>
>>144854485
It also has a web novel.
>>
>>144853662
In theory Kadokawa can announce a anime adaptation of Tate after Re:Zero ends in September, because the popularity of Konosuba and Re:zero this year, have more western popularity and so far have 5 vol translated by Yenpress, or announce a Mushoku adaptation because is one of the most popular Wn and in august its going to released the vol 12 that mark the half-point of the series (the Labyrinth)
Also they can announce a Arifureta adaptation because the LN sells more that Mushoku or Tate
>>144854485
The translator dropped the manga.
Also the manga cut almost all the H-scenes and if you like you can read the Wn
>>
File: 1447990797670.png (291KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1447990797670.png
291KB, 1000x1000px
>>144855031
Yen press isn't handling Shielbro, Kadokawai licensed the LN to One Peace Books before buying the majority of Yenpress. The manga is also being translated officially by OPB, though nobody ever scans it or uploads an epub of it to Madokami
>>
File: Why naofumi.jpg (6KB, 352x117px) Image search: [Google]
Why naofumi.jpg
6KB, 352x117px
I'm angry somehow seeing this
Just why.
>>
>>144855408
The fact that we never get to see his family or the fact that he eventually fucks and marries most of the girls gunning for him?
>>
File: Wolfsmund_4_centre.jpg (38KB, 445x212px) Image search: [Google]
Wolfsmund_4_centre.jpg
38KB, 445x212px
>>144823706
>>
File: 1457147284507.png (61KB, 276x577px) Image search: [Google]
1457147284507.png
61KB, 276x577px
>>
>>144842633
Was the translation of the Spear Hero's do-over continued? I read a few chapter then couldn't find any.
>>
>>144823262
Fatty.
>>
>>144855941
https://shamelessoniisan.wordpress.com/

Up to 429. Small hiatus while we fiigure out where the TL anon went.

>The first time Firo-tan transformed, I also made quite the befuddled noise.
>After that came the first time-stopping impact… When I remember it now, it feels like fate violently threw us together.
>For the most part though, I only remember a sharp pain continuously running through my lower half.
>>
>>144855563
Somehow...
i feel bad for tanuki waifu
>>
>>144856203
To be fair, she was told by naofumi he had to return everyone's feelings properly. And she got to be the first to get the shiel-D.

Though most likely, sadina would have claimed naofumi's ass with her orca dick right after he popped Raph's cherry. You know she would.
>>
>>144855408
>melty
>wife

but why
>>
>>144857145

Why not?
>>
>>144857145
It was obvious she wanted the Shiel-D anon.
>>
>>144838669
Late as fuck but here: The Epic Tale of the Forsaken Hero.
Or in japanese: Suterareta Yuusha no Eiyuutan.
>>
>>144832115
I've literally played a D&D campaign like this.
>>
File: CWLrnCp.jpg (46KB, 490x237px) Image search: [Google]
CWLrnCp.jpg
46KB, 490x237px
>>144857526
>D&D Shieldbro campaign

do tell us more
>>
>look everyone! It's a hero that everyone hates for no reason! Just liek youuuuu
>now that you can self-insert into him, let's start covering him in bitches
The saddest part about this series is that the art is really good, but it's getting wasted on a grade-school-tier joke of a """"""""""""""""""plot"""""""""""""""""".
>>
>>144857920
Have you actually read it? It is given plenty of reasons. Like the shield being the hero of a demi-human country that has gone to war with Melromarc, the bitch that was made by the goddess to separate the heros and make them fight to reduce their powers. Trash's history with the fight of demi-humans. And the fact that the shield is such a weak weapon and on their view, not actually necessary.
>>
>>144858176
We're also given the hero selection process, where the shield ALWAYS gets the best hero candidate and the others are left with people that fit the bill but are flawed.
>>
File: 1444104343902.png (111KB, 319x410px) Image search: [Google]
1444104343902.png
111KB, 319x410px
>>144856029
>>
File: need good filename here.png (141KB, 430x395px) Image search: [Google]
need good filename here.png
141KB, 430x395px
>>
File: i did it, v4.png (170KB, 529x744px) Image search: [Google]
i did it, v4.png
170KB, 529x744px
>>144850054
>>144850122
Now that i think about it, unless they adapted ALL of shield hero into anime/manga, there's the fact we wont need to deal with sjw worrying about whether kiel is a boy, a girl, or trans or whatever the fuck Tumblr cares to be at any given time.
>>
>>
File: Naofumi.png (1MB, 1200x1850px) Image search: [Google]
Naofumi.png
1MB, 1200x1850px
>>
File: 1457255021469.png (795KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1457255021469.png
795KB, 768x1024px
So this has Atlas and Raftalia but who is the girl hugging Naofumi?
>>
>>144867039
It's Sein, the Hero/Vassal of the Scissor, New LN character.

Look how flustered Raphtalia is, and how fucking mad atlas looks.
>>
What was the appeal of Shield Bro?
It wasn't the shields was it?
>>
>>144867509
I came for the edge, stayed for the SoL. LN's mixing that up a bit now making the world collisions ACTUALLY matter now.
>>
>>144867283
Fuck, no it's actually the Crafting tool hero. Meaning she can use anything that is used for crafting and stuff.
>>
>>144867611
When is it edgiest?
>>
File: CoffeeHero.png (226KB, 633x630px) Image search: [Google]
CoffeeHero.png
226KB, 633x630px
>>144867509
>Why?

It was the free coffee
>>
File: The Hero of (Insert Item).png (896KB, 1541x1737px) Image search: [Google]
The Hero of (Insert Item).png
896KB, 1541x1737px
>>
>>144867797
Those other three items would pretty cool to see.
>>
File: Hero of the DxxxxxDxxxxx.png (242KB, 798x798px) Image search: [Google]
Hero of the DxxxxxDxxxxx.png
242KB, 798x798px
>>144867910
>Hidden items are cool

Not always...
>>
>>144867736
After Witch's rebellion in the WN. She's sent to her uncle who rules over the most powerful country as a punishment. The king of fabuley is the preffered execution method for unruly noble women, he likes to take his time breaking them like toys, ripping open a new hole to fuck once the previous one is used up.

They had sent a pretty much exact replica of the bitch to him, and the doll turned up in a compost heap full of holes and ruined.
>>
>>144867999
What would a D**** of wrath look like? Thorny as fuck?
>>
Fact: Raphtalia was cuter as a daughter, accelarated growth was a mistake and she should've taken longer to get over her psychological trauma. Talking/transforming Firo was also a mistake. She should've just stayed as a pet.

The only reason I haven't dropped this yet is because I want to see lance hero and the princess get their shit handed to them.
>>
File: Loli no like barbs.jpg (302KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
Loli no like barbs.jpg
302KB, 600x800px
>>144868074

"Not the reverse prickly barbs!"
>>
>>144845085
Does anyone have the drama cd?
>>
File: yumm.png (347KB, 500x365px) Image search: [Google]
yumm.png
347KB, 500x365px
>>144867509
Came for the shieldbro edge
>Serves you retards right!

got hooked on how clever shieldbro is, along with cute girls

Stayed for Tanooki Waifu.

Raphtalia #1 but Atlas is pretty cute
>>
File: bitch_or_whore.png (194KB, 356x3049px) Image search: [Google]
bitch_or_whore.png
194KB, 356x3049px
>>144868262

Come for the tanooki

Stay for the VENGEANCE
>>
File: 1419280698594.png (381KB, 500x642px) Image search: [Google]
1419280698594.png
381KB, 500x642px
I wanna eat this tanook.
>>
>>144868191
No but the booklet with the script is up i believe.

>>144868170
Since the sin weapons take on animal motifs, i think it would be a thorny dragon dildo.
>>
>>144868262
Even if Naofumi wasn't betrayed, he would still have picked up his bartering/trading and cooking skills eventually, and lots of girls would still aim for his D once they got to know him. This is shown in spear hero's do-over sidestory.
>>
File: 1444111001051.png (286KB, 800x570px) Image search: [Google]
1444111001051.png
286KB, 800x570px
Anything more about her?
>>
>>144869056
Nope, gotta wait till we get to vol 11-12 to know more. That is also the time where we get to atlas
>>
>>144869056
>Scissors
>don't even look like they open up
Imagine, there's always a scissor for fishing.
>>
>>144869269
Her whole weapon theme is about arts and crafts.
>>
>>144855697
>tfw best boy died

why
>>
Feels like there was a derailment in this series, pacing seems way to fast.
>>
>>144870022
Where would you guess it was the point of derailment?
>>
>>144870022
I felt it when he got the stupid plant shield and could create any kind of god like plant he needed. Way too big of a boost in that part of the story.
>>
>>144870052
Probably after getting introduced to Mel (Meru?) or Firo.
>>
>>144870104
Manga, LN or WN?

>>144870080
To be fair, the other heroes can get weapons with similar functions if they just bothered to try out stuff.
>>
File: warface.jpg (17KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
warface.jpg
17KB, 400x300px
>>144832115
Oh I fucking hope this nigga is joking
>>
>>144870104
>>144870262
Reading the manga.
>>
>>144870437
Once you think about bitch's behavior and this it totally makes sense.

>>144870464
The manga cuts out parts from the LN but still follows the same path. Give the LN a try, has a bit more content and explains a few stuff.
>>
File: commish_shieldheads.png (2MB, 2560x1378px) Image search: [Google]
commish_shieldheads.png
2MB, 2560x1378px
>>
I've heard talk about a giant turtle, how does Shieldbro beat that?
>>
>>144871466
They destroy the head and the heart at the same time.
>>
>>144871501
Might not be the case anymore on the LN, this time the spirit turtle has a goddamn waifu form.
>>
File: 1444114188040.jpg (108KB, 555x502px) Image search: [Google]
1444114188040.jpg
108KB, 555x502px
Well good night guys, hope this thread holds till tomorrow.
>>
Stopped reading it in the plant experiment arc, I don't remember that Naofumi went to other world
Do I need to read the ln or just continue? Though the spoiler really makes me feel bored with that type of villain
>>
>>144834079
It probably had to do with the whole everyone else in the series dies while the villain still walks free thing.
>>144835010
Author got caught fucking an underage girl. Bitch is the underage girl. Shield hero is him ranting about how he's totally innocent.
>>
>>144823262
This series was basically the opposite of how I felt about Mushoku Tensei. I loved Shield Bro when the series began but as more characters were added it began to degrade into mediocrity for me.

Conversely I thought Mushoku Tensei had an absurd plot that felt self-serving and cringe at the start but as I read more it grew into one of the best light novels I've read.

Both web novels have some issues before they were adapted, but thats just how all web novels are.
>>
>>144867509
After a certain point you just keep reading due to inertia.

>>144872408
Other world is LN only arc.

>>144870262
That has more to do with everyone else being retarded for the sake of plot.
The weapon spirits are fucking incompetent as hell for not including that information. They had to have apparently completely removed the mechanics from the videogame versions for no goddamn reason in order to result in the other heroes not knowing to try for 100% crafting completion.
>>
>>144836132
>>144836472
>>144836561

It really degrades as the story goes on and more characters are introduced into the party. A lot of development gets left hanging for a while. Kumo Desu ga? was an entirely different beast but that series got really interesting over time while I felt like this got worse as it went on. They both have weak characters that ascend into godhood and yeah that's generic but what really matters is stuff like pacing, perspective, and the different ways you can choose to tell your narrative. Shieldbro just made me stop caring after a while.
>>
>>144836684
>>144836607
>>144836804

Evil incarnates are a thing but they are also lazy as hell and scream, "I am shit at writing so I'll just make this person a 1-dimensional monster with no real interesting traits beyond that."

Evil incarnate was part of what ruined playing Final Fantasy games for me. You always get this boss that pops up after the "fake" final boss who is evil just because.
>>
>>144833653
The ending that pissed the nips off was when Naofumi dies, goes back to earth, concluded it was all a dream and walked off.
>>
>>144837054
>>144837166
Not the anon you are replying to but did you read the LN or the WN? It's comedy sometimes but in many parts it's pretty dark. I also agree that the bitch woman was a badly written character evil or not. She's just badly designed because I don't even care enough about her to hate her (which was the point-she's a punching bag for the reader to hate). I just kept skimming until the story focused on something else.
>>
>>144869056
Is she part of Naofumi's harem?
>>
>>144823262
Atlas was the best girl
>>
File: 1465138620808.png (66KB, 235x250px) Image search: [Google]
1465138620808.png
66KB, 235x250px
I guess it would be time for me to finish this shit.

It's just so boring, I'm at the Spirit Bird or whatever part after the Mad Scientist arc. There's so fucking many characters with all their little shits and nearly everyone wants to jump on Shield's dick or just do whatever retarded anime cliché they can.

So all in all it started out really great, but it went so goddamn shit as it progressed further.
>>
>>144870554

>>Once you think about bitch's behavior and this it totally makes sense.

I'm just reading this spoiler again and again, and if this is true all I can think about is how dumb this writing is. I am being trolled? If not that's gotta be one of the most forced twists I've ever read. Why are you trying to make the series all about this one bitch who's not even likable, even as a villain?
>>
>>144872788
>Author got caught fucking an underage girl.

Should've been more careful then.
>>
>>144873408
I haven't played the last couple FFs. Are they still doing that?
>>
>>144875292
I wouldn't know, only one that comes to mind is FF9. If you played past 10 all that awaits you is trash.
Thread posts: 206
Thread images: 48

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.