[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Improve a show

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: ore monogatari.png (982KB, 956x535px) Image search: [Google]
ore monogatari.png
982KB, 956x535px
ITT: while keeping its setting and characters, we change a show's premise to make it better.

I think Ore Monogatari would have been awesome if instead of focusing on the romance, it was a show about Takeo saving his friends and girl from every day situations turning into increasingly ridiculous dangers. A tsunami, a gang of wild monkey, a hostage situation, etc. The finale would have him fighting an interdimensional demon invasion at the temple for New Years.
>>
Sounds kinda like Space Dandy but I don't think Takeo's personality can carry the show.

I would have liked it if he was shorter and the same height as his friend. Takeo goes from a dorky loser everyone laughs at to a total bro to all the guys and a babe magnet, turns down the hottest girl in school to date a chick who liked him from the get go.
>>
>>144808199
Fuck you, I liked how we had an anime series had a guy and a girl who had a normal loving relationship for a change.

You want a real change? Take GATE. Remove Itami and Rori from the series. Have the anime have various viewpoints of the JSDF vs. New World war, from both sides. Make it like they're actually in a war and both sides are evenly matched and morally grey.
>>
>>144808452

How can the other side match evenly to a side that has tanks, guns and grenades?
>>
File: Case Cover Back Inner.jpg (2MB, 1779x1379px) Image search: [Google]
Case Cover Back Inner.jpg
2MB, 1779x1379px
>Clearly define the rules and mechanics of the technology
>Remove all scenes meant to make you feel sad about characters who you never see
>Remove almost all scenes meant to make you feel sad about a virtual dog who doesn't exist
>Remove most of the rest of the slow sadness scenes and replace them with worldbuilding
>Have lots of really cool applications of the tech, to show that they actually are worth having
>Get rid of the idea that the glasses can manipulate the human soul (and then I guess rename the show)

a 4/10 taken to a 10/10 in just six steps
>>
>>144808808
wait.

>Also don't have fifty identical scenes of characters running from virtual lasers. In fact while you're at it don't have any of them, because it makes no sense that a data enforcement bot has to apply force that way
>>
>>144808543
OP magic.
>>
File: Best out of Best.jpg (258KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Best out of Best.jpg
258KB, 1280x720px
The show focuses on Sylphyn instead of Umaru.
That's it, series fixed.
>>
>>144808452
I like the idea of one side being massively overpowered in Gate, I think that's actually quite funny, but it should have really focused more on the political intrigue and the massive shock to the feudal society when it's exposed to modern values and ideology of a overwhelmingly superior and advanced force and another point is it needed to drop the whole JSDF and Japan are perfect in every way and bring in more the geopolitics about how Business interests, Politicians, Countries etc want to exploit the resources and labour power of this new world.

GATE just turned into a right wing nationalistic circlejerk idealizing the idea of a pro-military Japan, not to mention the shitty LN harem writing absolutely dragged it down too SAO tier.
>>
I think Suna had more romantic chemistry with Takeo than the girl, not even homo
>>
File: Homunculus_v12p156.png (569KB, 1104x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Homunculus_v12p156.png
569KB, 1104x1600px
After the sand girl, make the MC understand that the homunculii reflect people's subconscious. Make him resolve a couple more of cases with his trans friend, touch the issue about his homunculus and make him go away, rejecting any solution or suggestion. He never appears again until the ending. Then bring the ugly girl make it end the same way as the original.
>>
>>144808808
>>Remove almost all scenes meant to make you feel sad about a virtual dog who doesn't exist
Fuck you
>>
>>144808314
which girl did he turn down? i only remember him turning down an average girl that he helped in the marathon or something. don't remember him turning down any hot girl
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.