[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you have enough confidence on Ufotable not to fuck up the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 12

File: shirou heavens feel.jpg (405KB, 1920x1088px) Image search: [Google]
shirou heavens feel.jpg
405KB, 1920x1088px
Do you have enough confidence on Ufotable not to fuck up the greatest scene in Heavens Feel?
>>
Well, considering they fucked up Archer vs Shirou...
>>
>>144758018

This meme again?
>>
>>144757972
>greatest scene in HF

Please, it's the most chuuni scene in all of existence
>>
>>144758018

Only problem I had was that it was padded with too much talking. Otherwise, the climax of the fight was spot on
>>
>>144758040
>>144758048
It's not a meme, on top of the padding they missed the entire point of the fight by having Shirou doing backflips and shit.
>>
File: 1374020026625.gif (2MB, 350x195px) Image search: [Google]
1374020026625.gif
2MB, 350x195px
As long as Crazy Train II is as well animated I'll be happy.
>>
File: ufotable.png (8KB, 593x153px) Image search: [Google]
ufotable.png
8KB, 593x153px
>>144757972

>Trusting Ufotable

Anon deep inside we all know what will happen. They are going to turn this scene into No monologues ''fight'' splattered with several diffferent rainbow special effects and replace EMIYA with a signature Yuki Kajiura This day and Never Again OST.
>>
>>144757972
Who has any confidence in Ufotable? Seriously.
>>
>>144757972
>the greatest scene in Heavens Feel
They're animating Mind of Steel and Sparks Liner High? Neato.
>>
>>144758018
>>144758194
>>144760015
What went wrong? Why are Ufotable so hated compared to 5 years ago?
>>
>>144760250
Anyone with half a brain is tired of their shitty CGI and effects spam, lifeless "adaptations" with no care for pacing or direction and slow release schedules.
>>
>>144760250
They are only an alright studio, but people treated them like gods for making a TM adaptation that was halfway decent.

People have woken up.
>>
>>144757972
I don't have too high expectations about the adaptation, they have to use the realta nua version and that makes it objectively worse.

While the 18+ content in the first two routes is there more for the sake of fanservice, in HF it is actually pretty important to the plot and removing it would be a disservice to the whole story.
>>
>>144760250
F/Z anime brought lots of newfriend secondaries and the contrarian shitposters tha usually follow, also the UBW had legitimate pacing and writting issues.
>>
>>144758018
Yeah, paled in comparison to DEEN version. Even the Emiya version was dumbed down to fit the dumbed down scene.
>>
File: for_what_purpose.jpg (118KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
for_what_purpose.jpg
118KB, 1360x768px
>>144760250
Turns out the only reason Zero was a decent adaptation was that it was easy to adapt. You give them a bit of a challenge and they fuck it all up.
>>
>>144757972
>fight lasts 3 episodes
>becomes an ideological battle of ideals
>berserker makes some good points and gains the upper hand in the second episode
I can see it now.
>>
>>144760627
It's a movie, anon.
>>
>>144760522
Is this bait? UDW missed the point even harder
>>
File: that's hell you're walking into.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
that's hell you're walking into.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>144758122
>by having Shirou doing backflips and shit
Yes, the first 30 seconds of episode 21, and blocking the two giant swords, was dumb. I agree.

It did not ruin the fight. All of episode 20 covered pretty much everything. And the whole Last Stardust sequence was just plain amazing. The only part that was really missing was Archer saying
>Yeah this probably won't work, but I really just want to vent my anger onto this kid
>>
>>144760563
UBW was easy to adapt too, it was just Aniplex jewing out as usual and Miura being retardednand trying to turn Shirou into a straight up shounen MC despite him being a deconstruction of the archetype.
>>
File: 1441865972567.png (73KB, 1333x600px) Image search: [Google]
1441865972567.png
73KB, 1333x600px
>>144760522
DEEN version didn't even understand the theme the characters were talking about. They were just shouting unconnected lines at each other while constantly fighting.

And Shirou flat-out won through skill, somehow.
>>
>>144761307
I really think they did a fine job with Shirou. Yes he was too strong in episode 21, but holy shit, is there anything else you guys complain about? Shirou did one flip, and those big swords were on screen for maybe 4 seconds.

And you guys act like the entire fight was backflips and giant swords.
>>
File: you never crack a smile.jpg (187KB, 575x1618px) Image search: [Google]
you never crack a smile.jpg
187KB, 575x1618px
>>144761307
Shirou didn't feel much different in UBW than in the VN.
>>
>>144760250
>bitch studio, literally not a single good original TVA to their name
>claim to fame from adapting TM, which is a pretty polarizing company given how fatefags are viewed on this board
>can't even satisfy all the fatefags with their adaptations

Plus they work with like five to six times the standard anime budget when they re-adapted FSN, yet it still has some QUALITY cuts. They're a joke of a studio.
>>
Is there a new trailer or something?
>>
UFO is garbage at making anime and use way too much special effects
>>
>>144761375
Nah, the worst part of the fight was the climax (Shirou doing retarded steps in slow motion as if he was on the moon) and only poking Archer with the tip of the sword, that was the climatic end of their clash of ideals. Bravo ufo
>>
>>144760250
Kyoanusfags migrating in from MAL.
>>
>>144761487
>Battles between magical demi-god warriors and magi
>Legends brought to life
>Not expecting them to be god-like, which naturally brings in special effects
>Magic

You do realize how much the legends wank over these heroes, right? They litter the stories with rants about how strong etc. they are. Special effects really aren't much different. Servants are supposed to be flashy and out of this world, because they are out of this world.
>>
>>144761552
>Shirou doing retarded steps in slow motion as if he was on the moon
>Hurr durr, I didn't pay attention while watching
>I didn't notice the entire point of that was to see Shirou slowly blowing away the rust and smog across UBW and parting the clouds behind him
>Visual metaphors are too hard

Underage b& detected.
>>
>>144761286
The giant swords and backfips did completely change the mood and the point of the fight.

If they just had followed up the last stardust sequence by having Shirou mindlessly charge at Archer like in the LN it would have been awesome, but noooo, we must show how much more powerful Shirou has gotten
>>
>>144761552
Did you miss how his steps were cleaning up the RM? It's an anime, not text based, so they have to deliver some things visually.
>>
>>144761469
Nah, OPs pic is from the HF's Vita opening.
>>
>>144761638
>but noooo, we must show how much more powerful Shirou has gotten
Literally when. Nothing changed about the fight after Shirou got back up. He kept getting kicked into the dirt, as per the usual. Cracking Archer's Kanshou and deflecting no doubt shit-rank NP buster swords were his only displays of how he's sort-of-able-to-handle-himself-in-this-universe tier. They never made him look strong. Just hard to finish off. Which he is.
>>
>>144761659
Fighting inside the RM was anime original.
>>
>ufotable is shit
>I wish this was DEEN
How far will the contrarian shitposters regress the next time a VN is adapted, if this is the response today?
>>
File: this dream isn't wrong.jpg (87KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
this dream isn't wrong.jpg
87KB, 1280x720px
>>144761731
And? It was a good choice. Remember: this is an anime, not a visual novel. 2 episodes inside the broken down castle would get boring visually, so they set up a thematically fitting and cool battleground. That was a good choice. It worked well and made room for visual metaphors that cover what they couldn't fit into dialogue.

And if you're spurging about mana costs: Remember he's always had high-tier mana pool, and Alaya probably helped keep him around after the fight.
>>
>>144761759
Don't take bait so seriously
>>
>>144761759
Dude it's just bait to keep this shitty thread alive. /a/ has devolved into idiots who eat shit then vomit it up only to eat it again, then repeat that forever.
>>
>>144761729
Betch, go rewatch the scene where EMIYA kicks in at ep 21 and compare it with the LN.

In the LN, Shirou just starts charging while mindlessly swinging his last remaining sword and repeatedly mumbling "It's not a mistake" as if to convince his ideals aren't wrong, Archer pushes him back several times but Shirou just gets up and keeps charging, Archer gets moved by Shirou's resolve and starts remembering why he wanted to become a Hero in the first place and gets distracted just long enouh for Shirou to land a killing blow.

The anime on the other hand, just had Archer thrown a couple of swords which Shirou dodges with some backflips, the giant swords, which he parries with his magical invisible sword and then freezes up and starts reminiscing while he had a clear opening, allowing Shirou to land a hit.

It's not a bad scene but it completely misses the point of the fight
>>
File: 396.jpg (63KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
396.jpg
63KB, 680x680px
>>144762087
>LN
>>
>>144762087
>The anime on the other hand, just had Archer thrown a couple of swords which Shirou dodges with some backflips, the giant swords, which he parries with his magical invisible sword and then freezes up and starts reminiscing while he had a clear opening, allowing Shirou to land a hit.

I think you missed the part where his whole "it's not a mistake" was delivered through, again, that visual metaphor that's really not very complicated that you can't understand for some reason. Rather than Shirou moving Archer by refusing to stay down, they show that idea by Shirou blowing away the smoke and hate in Archer's RM. Shirou rejects Archer's corrupted UBW, the entire world around him. Surrounded by a physical manifestation of his failure, he rejects it all because "it's not a mistake".

And he's pretty damn desperate here. You seem to just be incapable of processing visuals, and think only text is capable of delivering anything meaningful.
>>
>>144762317
>>144762087
And I do agree the giant swords and flip were dumb. I just don't think it's nearly as bad as you make it out to be.
>>
File: Fate UFO - final battles.jpg (410KB, 1800x1518px) Image search: [Google]
Fate UFO - final battles.jpg
410KB, 1800x1518px
>>144757972
>>
yfw
>bad end
>>
File: 1336933348437.jpg (113KB, 704x396px) Image search: [Google]
1336933348437.jpg
113KB, 704x396px
>>144762542
I love Fate for more than the battles, I swear.
>>
>>144762317
>And he's pretty damn desperate here
He isn't even remotely desperate, he effortlessly parries Archer's swords instead of having to revert to mindlessly flailing his sword and getting his ass kicked multiple times.

>Rather than Shirou moving Archer by refusing to stay down, they show that idea by Shirou blowing away the smoke and hate in Archer's RM.
But that's precisely the problem, rather than Archer realizing that he wouldn't be able to beat Shirou because he had the conviction to keep fighting for his ideals and then recognizing his own mistakes he made by forgetting why he wanted to be a hero in the first place, they made it about Shirou rejecting Archer and getting the high moral ground via a generic "casting away the doubts" metaphor
>>
>>144760133
spotted the contrarian edgelord, have this pity (you) since you seem to be starved of it
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.