[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this the best ongoing ""isekai"" right

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 7

File: file.png (393KB, 353x500px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
393KB, 353x500px
Is this the best ongoing ""isekai"" right now?
>No RPG mechanics
>No-nonsense protagonist
>plot remains interesting and foreshadows a serious twist
>>
>>144674574
Well it would depend what genre we're talking about here.

Doubt it's the best comedy.
>>
>>144674574
Its not Isekai it's Fantasy you dumb ass.

Mc just time traveled.
>>
>>144674713
hence the double quotes. It's part of the fad of second-chance fantasy world overpowered protagonist thing that's been going around the past few years even if ti's not strictly isekai. And shit, it doesn't suck.
>>
>>144674574
Depends, are we talking about manga or everything?
>>
>>144674853
Are there many ongoing isekais in "everything"?
>>
>>144674893
Yes.
>>
>>144674919
Well? List them I'm curious.
>>
>>144674772
Is Shokugeki an "isekai" then? MC was just some kid helping his dad run a diner, and then he gets transported into a cooking school that's basically a fantasy world and reveals his overpowered pleb cuisine. I mean you guys count SAO and Kirito interacts with the rest of the world more than Souma.
>>
>>144674990
Don't be anal. You know what I mean, and Soma isn't part of the fad of mediocre LN adaptations with similar themes and mechanics. And I don't count SAO, SAO was the big successful thing that inspired dozens of imitators which make up a large part of this fad.
>>
>>144674990
If you can't see why this is compared to isekai or considered isekai-like, regardless of your own nitpicky definitions, you are retarded. It shares the same "new beginning" motif that appeals to very much the same target audience(losers).
>>
>>144674956
How new are you?

>Anime
>Web novels
>Light novels
>Visual novels
>Chinese/Korean/Whatever novels
>Video games
>Movies

"Thrown into another world" has been around forever. Fucking Alice in Wonderland is technically isekai.
>>
>>144675084
Be specific instead of smug smartass. I specifically said currently ongoing. No shit there's great stories with similar themes, Princess of Mars is another such.
>>
My interest is piqued. Thank you for introducing this to me.
>>
>>144675128
Oh so you're just fucking retarded and think this is somehow an argument.

Okay then smartass, I'll just go open up novelupdates and post the first 5 isekais I see.

>Going Back and Forth Between Earth and The Other World with Space Time Magic
>Though he received the skill to teleport to another world, the attitude of the king was annoying so he kidnapped the princess and returned to Earth.

>(Um, Sorry) I’ve Been Reincarnated!
>After a god screws up and accidentally takes high schooler Shou’s life, he offers him reincarnation with a gift to make up for it. Shou asks to retain all his old memories for the new life.

>Great Demon King
>If I don’t die… I swear I will act on all my evil thoughts.
>Not exactly everyone’s typical thought when they’re about to die. What will a cowardly young man do when reincarnated with the evil powers to redefine his destiny?

>Konjiki no Moji Tsukai
>Five people summoned to another world to battle the demon lord who threatens that world. However, there were only supposed to be four heroes that were summoned; the other was an innocent bystander.

>In Different World with Naruto System
>Ren Tian You was a fan of Naruto, single carelessness caused him to arrive in different world. Unexpectedly only to discover within his body possessed Naruto system.

Oh look, I didn't even clear today.
>>
>>144675281
>In Different World with Naruto System
>Ren Tian You was a fan of Naruto, single carelessness caused him to arrive in different world. Unexpectedly only to discover within his body possessed Naruto system.
W-what
Is this actually okay? Or is it fanfic?
>>
>>144675281
I said GOOD. As in, recommend something. Man do you usually waste that much effort into being pointlessly antagonistic?
>>
>>144674574
It isn't isekai.

No reincarnation or summoning from an alternate world is involved.

This is a general fantasy story that began with time travel.
>>
>>144675335
No way he's going to fall for that bait lmao now you're just pushing it.
>>
>>144675335
>As in, recommend something
Not him but >>>/wsr/
>>
>>144675335
Different anon, but maybe you should learn to follow a conversation.

>>144674853
This guy asked if you meant best isekai manga-wise, or among everything.

>>144674893
You responded by asking if there was isekai stuff in other media.

>>144674919
This dude said yes, because duh.

>>144674956
And then you just somehow misread this entire conversation as "there are better isekai stuff in other forms of media".
>>
>>144675366
>lmao
Fuck off
>>
>>144675335
Look at that goalpost moving.
>>
>>144675343
See: >>144674772

>>144675389
>>144675438

Well since the opening post was speaking of the "BEST onging "isekai"" I'd have assumed that "GOOD" would be implicit. Your'e basically jumping onto a thread to be a nitpicky, antagonistic ass for literally no reason. Never change, /a/.
>>
>>144675490
>I'm too autistic to properly follow a conversation.
>I-It's /a/'s fault!!!
>>
>>144675037
You don't count SAO because you think it inspired Isekai? That sounds very contradictory. Soma is just a cooking version of those LN adaptations, replace dying in game with expelled from the school and you got a
similar theme and mechanics just done with better variety because it's fucking cooking. Erina even goes through the captured princess phase like Asuna, only it lasted a few chapters instead of an entire season of episodes.

>>144675075
So Re:Zero and every time travel series that the MC is personally related with is an isekai then? Pretty Face runs off the same logic, MC 'turns' into a girl and has to go back to his school in the same class as his kouhai heroine while preventing anyone from finding out he's a guy and making use of his elite skills to make a 'girl' turn into the top dog. That's literally a redo, new beginning, NG+. Do you know how old Pretty Face is? And it's not even the first series to do it in JUMP.
>>
>>144675524
Says the guy who conveniently ignored the opening post of the conversation, where the question was "IS THIS THE BEST ONGOING "ISEKAI"
That directly requires any counterexamples would be better than it, not whatever idiocy you found by searching isekai in novelupdates. But then you wouldn't be able to shitpost as easy amirite?
>>
File: japaneseurza.jpg (62KB, 886x543px) Image search: [Google]
japaneseurza.jpg
62KB, 886x543px
This is a Japanese Urza.
>>
>>144675490
>>144674893
Pray tell how else people were supposed to understand this post?

Because I'm pretty sure literally anyone would agree that it looks you're asking a really stupid question.
>>
>>144675626
>He thinks he's talking to one person.

Sure anon, I bet this one dude is just bullying you.
>>
>>144675609
>You don't count SAO because you think it inspired Isekai?
I don't count SAO as part of the current mediocre isekai WAVE. I do count it as an isekai, it's certainly not the first one either.

Soma was certainly not adapted from an LN nor is it riding the coattails of the hype build by a more popular anime.

Again, stop being anal.
>>
File: image.jpg (226KB, 869x1232px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
226KB, 869x1232px
>>144674574
Not even close.
>>
File: Urza.jpg (103KB, 620x462px) Image search: [Google]
Urza.jpg
103KB, 620x462px
>>144675632
And this is an American Urza. It's important to know the difference.
>>
>>144675626
The answer was already given. TNS is not an isekai, and the entire conversation was proving that you're being retarded with your headcanon.

>>144675681
>An isekai is only an isekai if it's a LN
>Isn't riding coatails

So you claim SAO was one of the series that made others imitate it, yet it counts despite clearly not riding another LN's coat tails? What the fuck? Do you even know what riding coat tails means?

That first part is even more ridiculous. Literally Jircniv the Headcanon Emperor at work here.
>>
>>144675636

By being able to follow the conversation.
>Is this the best isekai?
>depends, do you mean manga or everything?
Any counterexample, manga or otherwise, would have to be better than the OP one.

>>144675674
Who's too autistic to follow a conversation now?
>>
>>144675761
Naturally, OP isn't even an isekai.
>>
>>144675761
Why are you trying to show off to an anon who probably isn't even here anymore?

Are you actually autistic? Like, seriously.
>>
>>144675681
So if a white guy makes a novel about going back in time and redoing life again in 2016, it wouldn't count as Isekai because ya know, it's a white guy doing it? Did I guess how far you'll move the goal post or are you taking two steps this time?
>>
>>144675760
Anon, I'm not gonna waste any more time if you're gonna be willfully dense. Have fun shitposting I guess.

>>144675827
sure you're not, anon
>>
>>144675728
>RPG mechanics
When does it get good?
>>
>>144675681
Re:Life started during the isekai WAVE. It's a manga and even got an anime adaptation just recently. You calling Re:Life an Isekai?
>>
>>144675878
Haven't seen it, what's it about?
>>
>>144675874
Page 1 Chapter 1
>>
>>144675842
Wow you actually think you're right and the whole thread is wrong once again. This is like what? the 90th time in a row?

That's ISIS tier.

>>144675917
Literally Pretty Face, except it's a salaryman instead of a student and he just grows younger with a pill instead of turning into a girl. What now? I mean come on all Isekai are about salarymen, I even took the next step for you.

Have you finally realized you're wrong or do you think the world revolves around your headcanon? I'd quit if I had to teach you in school.
>>
>>144675964
Can't say I agree then, the so-far aimless life of a videogame spider isn't what I'd call good or better than even overlord.

Does it get better?
>>
>>144675917

As expected of someone who likes to label and categorize but isn't even familiar with the subject but act like a know it all.
>>
>>144676003
>Literally Pretty Face, except it's a salaryman instead of a student and he just grows younger with a pill instead of turning into a girl. What now?
Sounds fairly close. Was it adapted from a wn/ln, does it have mediocre art from a clearly amateurish artist? If so it's close enough that I'd class it with the rest of this fad.
>>
>>144676045
Pretty sure we were never talking about Re:Life until that guy brought it up, anon.
>>
>>144676009
not really
it gets really stupid later
>>
>>144676009
It isn't aimless though. It's about her struggle to survive after being stuck with the bad luck of being reincarnated as a low level mob. But if you prefer stories about overpowered characters steamrolling over any and all opposition then that is what you enjoy.
>>
>>144676161
>But if you prefer stories about overpowered characters steamrolling over any and all opposition then that is what you enjoy.
that's what happens later anyway
>>
>>144676161
Hey, no strawmanning. The story as far as the manga goes is pretty directionless right now, and I'm pretty sure I heard she becomes an overpowered charater later. Sure, the Spider life's cool at first, but it's been way too many chapters and nothing's changed. 8 months of cave adventures and no end in sight.
>>
Thank god, i thought i'm the only one on /a/ who read this, my god can't wait for the next chapter. Also i think the MC is the DEMON LORD who knows
>>
>>144676266
>Also i think the MC is the DEMON LORD who knows
Certainly hinting at that, there were black feathers in the air when he killed off the King. That said, it doesn't quite make sense yet so it may be a red herring.
>>
File: chiikyutenseisha.jpg (69KB, 859x601px) Image search: [Google]
chiikyutenseisha.jpg
69KB, 859x601px
>>144674574
>killing demon lord is old and busted
No
This is new hotness
>Netori
>Killing other reincarnation hero
>>
>>144676355
I was hoping to finally hear about the new trend. It's called Netori? What does that even stand for?
>>
>>144676355
Is it a hot warcraft orc or a weird japanese P'orc?
>>
>>144676330
>That said, it doesn't quite make sense yet so it may be a red herring.

i agree, i mean it could be someone else, or maybe it REALLY is a demon lord, it's interesting to see the story too, (like that uncle sword trainer guy is actually a bad guy)
>>
>>144676397
Netori just means cheating, it's not a new trend. It's basically NTR except the focus is on the cheaters, not the cheated.
>>
>>144676412
Well the King's knight being "evil" and now the King he liked being dickish have been pretty good "oh shits".

And now the Ninja Assassin woman, I need to see what happens.
>>
This isn't even isekai.

Have we reached the point where everything is isekai if you just tilt your head sideways, plug your ears and hum really loudly?
>>
Western fantasy

>written by intellectual, oxford proffessors
>excellent worldbuilding
>explores more sophisticated themes such as growth and freedom
>considered as literature

Eastern fantasy

>written by illiterant NEET's who're mainly school dropouts
>every story copies another, usually have the same repetitive cliches
>doesn't tend to explore anything, main purpose is to become an emotional punching bag for author's repressed feelings
>doesn't considered as literature
>>
>>144676687
it's close enough
>>
>>144676730
Not that you're totally wrong but most fantasy comics are absolute twaddle though. Same goes for fantasy literature, even properly published ones.
>>
>>144676730
>illiterant
>doesn't considered
Is this a clever jab at majority of Asians and their inability to use proper English?
>>
>>144676976
>giving a shit about grammar
I have insomnia and also don't really care about typos and grammar issues when posting on 4chan. Soo, will you kindly contribute to the subject instead of meaninglessly point to unnecessary stuff like that?
>>
>>144677110
Not that guy, but I thought it was pretty funny how you were going on about Oxford professors and their excellent writing abilities and then completely botching the job. It undercuts the point you were making by doing a terrible job of writing.
>>
>>144677110
No need to be so passive-aggressive about that, I was genuinely curious. >>144676772 said enough in his short post, while I don't completely disagree, you can find more than enough fantasy / sci-fi novels where author isn't trying to make his reader contemplate philosophical views or trends in our world, but simply shoehorning his/her political or social views. Sometimes it's painfully out of place.
>>
>>144677550
At least they have a political insight even if it's one sided or biased. Japanese authors don't even have that.
>>
>Came into thread expecting light novels
>see list of web novels with a literal Chinese naruto fanfic

Can you guys not stray into web novels? The good ones will get published, so talking about light novels would be so mad ch more constructive.
>>
>>144677950
Are there any new isekai light novel lately? Don't follow LN much as WN is easier to hear about and find.
>>
>>144677477
Guy said that he has insomnia. Do you even fucking know how it feels like staying awake for more than 20 hours? I know because I can relate to that. Stop bullying people who have sleeping issues.
>>
File: 1468804792265.png (261KB, 551x536px) Image search: [Google]
1468804792265.png
261KB, 551x536px
I was reading the manga a year ago but dropped it because the scans are so fucking awful.

Who the fuck allows this?
>>
>>144678358
Alphapolis I think.
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.