[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the hell is wrong with him? Rem dies and he goes crying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 195
Thread images: 26

File: wtf.png (454KB, 1881x1141px) Image search: [Google]
wtf.png
454KB, 1881x1141px
What the hell is wrong with him? Rem dies and he goes crying he doesn't want to die?

Why doesn't he just accept death so that he can save Rem? Wasn't that supposed to be his goal?
>>
I don't wanna die! Except that time I did a sweet backflip off a cliff to restart. I wanted to die then.
>>
File: 1467620763511.jpg (19KB, 308x230px) Image search: [Google]
1467620763511.jpg
19KB, 308x230px
He should just get some kind of enchanted amulet made in the city that will instakill him when it's crushed, or a poison borgia ring or something.

>inb4 no money
He can play the market, gamble horses or even just take out loans
>>
>help...I don't wanna die!

the scariest part of death is the unknown after, but Subaru knows he's just going to get returned. Even if you say he's scared of the pain of dying that still doesn't explain his reluctance as he was mentally and physically ruined after Rem stopped existing yet continued on in pain.
>>
>>144649653
Right. It's just pain. And how much pain and fear did Rem just go through?
>>
whoa they died again

AOTY
>>
>>144646442
Except he does have money. He has a whole bag of money that seems to be enough to hire an entire convoy of merchants.
>>
reminder that subaru doesnt care about rem enough to use his powers
>>
>>144653142
Except for that one time he jumped off a cliff.
>>
>>144649653
you guys stfu with this. He doesn't know were he respawns for 100th time. Also death is scary he still feels and remembers getting killed. even knowing he can come back it's still scary. Also im guessing white whale takes memories of those it kills. Also remembers he doesn't know how many times he can or if it will work again too. He either can have infinite lives or hes on stock mode
>>
>>144645134
He's a bitch. He also picked up some more information by living longer.
>>
File: 1359406807421.png (12KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1359406807421.png
12KB, 500x500px
>>144645134
I really want to see the average /a/-user go through what Subaru went through.

>17 year old japanese NEET goes through utter hell, torture and death.

He managed the cliff because 1) its instant, 2) was guilted Rem's death and Ram's anger.

He (and the author) has made it clear that he will never get used to the pain of dying.

This young fucking neet has been blown apart by magic, cultists, curses. His mind is a fray of being resolved or outright going insane/breaking down due to stress.

He just came into contact with a massive flying whale that ate people.

>Hurr durr why doesn't he abuse time loop
>If I was in his position I'd be perfectly logical and view this from a 3rd person perspective.

Fucking autists I swear.
>>
>>144653510
>He managed the cliff because 1) its instant

Oh hell no that fall isn't instant.
>>
>>144653580
The fall no, the 'death' (being killed on impact) is.Less pain than all the other ways he has died slowly.
>>
>>144653631
The fall is absolutely terrifying. With the whale if he lets it skewer his head it 'd be quick and painless.
>>
>>144653510
It's okay if you're a self-serving coward senpai. You can believe everyone else is all you want.
>>
>>144645134
That is one of the points of the show: Death HURTS, so much that you would never prefer it to any other alternative.
Faced with our own mortality we will always shrug away even if we thought we will be back just the idea of death will cause us to cower in feat.
And you might say that had you been in his stead you will choose death because it is efficient, but that is just an if ,more so it is an if that you can't claim to understand because you never have expirienced death so you have no right to claim knowing what it's like.
I, for one thought that scene was very well done, very appropriot and very necessary to convey what Subaru has been throught
>>
>>144653580
>>144653631
The fall probably fucked him up a great deal, death wasn't instant and it'd be scary as fuck.
He hasn't dealt with any of the trauma from dying, being tortured or seeing his friends maimed either. That's ptsd as fuck.

I still resent that he didn't reset to save rem though, I'm glad emelia wins because rem is too good for him.
>>
>>144653781
>It's okay if you're a self-serving coward senpai.
Isn't that what Subaru (teenage NEET) basically is?

I'm amazed he even has such resolve at times compared to the average NEET fucker.

>>144653803
This - anyone who has actually been stabbed (or anyone that KNOWS someone that has been stabbed) can attest to how fucking painful a simple stabbing can be (depending on the knife).

Subaru has had way worse than that.
>>
>>144645134
Because he's a little bitch. As much as people like to suck this series dick, it's already burned itself out. After seeing all these characters die over and over, it's just boring now.
>>
>>144653942
He's less pathetic than I think most of you are. Which is really fucking sad.
>>
>>144645134
If you haven't figured it out already, Subaru doesn't want to use Return by Death as a crutch unless things are supremely fucked like when he jumped off the cliff or when Emilia died.
Also he didn't want to waste the life that Rem sacrificed herself for.
>>
>>144653414
The argument "he doesn't know where is checkpoint is" would be a good one if he constantly changed checkpoints after every death, but this is not the case and so the argument is weak. For the past several deaths Subaru has spawned at the same spot, as far as he knows that's his checkpoint.

Death is scary, to us, because we don't know what will happen after we die. Subaru has been caught in death loops for a while now and has no reason to believe they will stop anytime soon so the fear of the unknown is greatly diminished. The pain of dying is also a big fear of regular people and I agree that is a legit concern for Subaru, however, he has already shown that when necessary he is willing to accept a possibly painful death in order to timeloop back for a second chance. Subaru is also often injured very badly, but instead of wishing for a quick death to activate his timeloop he instead clings desperately to a doomed life. There are people in the real world who live a life of pain and are fighting governments to allow them to die even though they don't know what will happen in the afterlife.
>>
>>144654119
Hes a young teenager whos probably too much in pain at the moment to think rationally.

You could view it as the checkpoint argument - or you could view it as not wasting the life Rem gave him so that he can try reach Emilia and learn about how to reach her/the manor before resetting again.
>>
>>144653510
>He managed the cliff because 1) its instant

There is no guarantee diving off a cliff will kill you instantly. Humans have survived really crazy shit. Its more reasonable to assume he would survive the fall, but be fatally injured, and he would have to lay there, in pain, until his body finally died.
>>
>>144654206
What gets me, though, is that he's been a belligerent git for the past like, five to six days his time.

I had my head on the desk when he went into Emilia's room and instead of telling her what's up like he was going to do in the first place, he just loses it and starts rambling about how he needs to listen to her.

It's the same thing when he was bouncing from candidate to candidate making a fool of himself. It's like in all this time he never stops to think about what he's doing or do any kind of retrospection or planning of any kind. I could understand it for an episode or two but it just keeps happening. I was excited about the new OP and such because I thought 'oh good he's finally getting his act together and learning from the shit that's happened to him' but he just keeps making the same mistakes and it's tiring to watch.
>>
>>144653211
But everyone hated him then, it wasn't just because of her death. He wanted to fix the entire situation.
>>
>>144654446
Others will argue with you that "this isn't some shonen anime where he always learns what he needs to in order to beat the next boss," but that's an argument that suggests I want Subaru to succeed. I just want Subaru to learn from his failures and try something different. He doesn't need to succeed, he can continue to fail for the rest of the show as far as I'm concerned, but he needs to fail in new and different ways. I feel like I've been watching the same thing for the past ten episodes, only the background has changed.
>>
>>144653414
But isn't anywhere better than where he is now? Even if he went back only 10 seconds at least he would know he was stuck and could devise a strategy from there. Absolutely no reason not to try it.
>>
>>144645134
Bad writing. Barusu is archbishop of bad writing.
>>
>>144653510
>Hurr durr why doesn't he abuse time loop

Because that's the most obvious thing you would do in his situation unless, like him, you are fucking autistic. Any sane person who discovers dying reverts them back to a certain point in time would make sure that they can control how and when they die in order to benefit from it. He could literally go to an apothecary and buy a vial of poison to wear around his neck so that when he is faced with inevitable death he can instantly kill himself, rather than all the ways he has died so far which are due to him just going back to square one and doing the same basic shit over and over again like a retard.
>>
>>144645134
>>144651476
The thing is, we don’t know that. Never was there any indication that Subaru has unlimited tries within one checkpoint until he succeeds. He has to treat every life of his as it was his last one. In episode 7 he actually said so himself and this was the reason why he initially didn’t kill himself. Another part is your natural instinct as a human. No one wants to be killed or even eaten by a bigger creature, that’s how nature works.
>>
>>144653473
>He also picked up some more information by living longer.
It wouldn't be funny if he autosaves after important characters died though.
>>
File: mari illustrious makinami.gif (465KB, 500x279px) Image search: [Google]
mari illustrious makinami.gif
465KB, 500x279px
>>144645134
It's good writing. Don't question it.
>>
File: 1464382186058.jpg (431KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1464382186058.jpg
431KB, 1280x720px
>>144645134
Emilia has always been his goal.

What's a "Rem?"
>>
>>144655195
>Never was there any indication that Subaru has unlimited tries within one checkpoint until he succeeds.
It's never stated otherwise either, only suggested during one of his musings. Recently however, he has been dying a lot and continues to return to the same place which only further supports the notion that he does have a lot of respawns. If there was some version of a ticking clock that Subaru noticed that convinced him that his respawns were limited I would embrace that, but so far we have seen nothing of the sort. The audience has been given pretty much the same information Subaru has regarding is timeloop curse and we are pretty split as to whether is respawns are limited or not; I would at least like to see Subaru consider that argument himself.
>>
>>144655488
His auto saves seem very obviously objective-based, even form his own perspective.
He's supposed to do things and get past certain things - he just doesn't know what those things he's supposed to do actually are.
>>
Maybe it's Otto pushing him off the carriage, he seemed pretty gutsy until the fall broke his face, legs, arms and back. Even when he woke up it took the last bit of his sanity not to run away.
>>
Because his personality is slowly derivating every time he dies and can't think or act in a reasonable and clear way.

If you did not understand that every death affects his mental state and the influence of the Witch on him by now you are quite retarded.
If you still don't understand try to watch the episodes 5-15 in a row, you'll see the slow drift in personality at each death, going from actually likeable ans smart to total dumb fucktard, there's even a few times where what i'm saying is clearly explicited, like when he goes full selfish asshole with Emilia or when Beatrice says that the stink of the witch is growing more and more strong over time.

As a result, due to obscure mental forces slowly but surely impacting his mind, there's no point saying "he should have..." "why doens't he..." or that kind of shit.
>>
>>144655655
yeah so what if he accidentally clears a threshhold and fucks it up? nevermind though, clearly subaru isnt written as a person with normal iq.
>>
>>144655975
He's a puppet no matter what he does. There's no world where he actually wins.
>>
there is no indication the return by death is weakening. opposite actually, it only seems to get stronger. some of you on /a/ might sympathize with subaru being dumb and weak when he has a strong method, but i don't. maybe the writers are catering to how gutless you guys are.
>>
>>144656064
He could become aware of that and then attempt to uncover the puppetmaster while trying not to fuck up more than he is. Instead we just get suffering.
>>
>>144656164
The puppetmaster wants him to find her. And he will. There is no winning dude.
>>
>>144653510
For real. Most of these tards would lose all sense of rationality when talking to the opposite gender alone. Hurr durr just kill yourself.

Goddam, dying isn't easy. Even if it's the logical thing to do, your body won't let you. Subaru knew he was fucked when he was thrown off the cart and cornered by the whale, but he ran, cried, and begged to live anyway. All of you go and TRY to kill yourselves. You literally won't be able to do it. The need to live will outweigh all thought.

If it really was that easy most of you faggots would've offed yourselves already.
>>
File: 1468857834736.jpg (57KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1468857834736.jpg
57KB, 800x450px
If everyone knows about the whale why doesn't pic related kill it? Shit is obviously a major problem
>>
subaru is dumb and disturbed. its consistent that he didnt do the right thing
>>
>>144656272
Holy fuck, did you even watch the episode? The whale killed the first master swordsman, ie a guy strong as Reinhard.
>>
>hur dur you wouldn't last as long as Subaru

Yeah yeah because everyone gives 2 fucks about Emilia
>>
This is my new favourite anime, there for it is the best anime ever.

This episode was perfect, and so were a handful before it, truly an excellent show.
>>
>>144656244
you're projecting anon. not everyone is as weak-willed as you.
>>
>>144656317
She can't even handle a few cultists. She doesn't deserve to be king.
>>
Anyone who's expecting Subaru to kill himself when things go wrong is literally autistic.

Literally no empathy/understanding of how human beings function. No wonder you're on 4chan.
>>
File: 1465197660218.jpg (81KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
1465197660218.jpg
81KB, 1200x675px
>>144656272
>how do I read subtitles
>>
>>144656409
You're on 4chan too lad, but yeah i agree with your post.
>>
>>144656272
Because the previous sword saint got his shit wrecked. I don't know how everyone knows this since it's already been shown that those eaten by the whale are erased from existence. Maybe that's a bit of clever foreshadowing or just a plot hole.
>>
File: 1423523519540.png (106KB, 300x309px) Image search: [Google]
1423523519540.png
106KB, 300x309px
>>144656353
Yeah bro, because we all know most people that go on /a/ are strong willed right
>>
File: 1468786734904.jpg (95KB, 1258x707px) Image search: [Google]
1468786734904.jpg
95KB, 1258x707px
If Subaru got eaten by the whale can he still resurrect? He won't exist anymore right?
>>
>>144656480
I would assume he would resurrect but no one would remember him and he wouldn't remember himself
>>
>>144656317
Don't worry they'll come up with some retarded scenario saying you wouldn't live if you didn't lust for Emilia like subaru did.

Dumb subarufags
>>
>>144656353
Another retard severely overestimating himself.
If someone you loved died right in front of you, you would break down. Even if you knew that they were coming back, the emotional response would overwhelm you.

Arrogant fucks who for some reason think they're hot shit while they live lives that amount to nothing.
>>
File: amazing.png (652KB, 1280x738px) Image search: [Google]
amazing.png
652KB, 1280x738px
>>144656272
>i don't know how to fucking read subtitles
>>
>>144656353
Alright, go prove your resolve and kill yourself.
>>
>>144656237
Why can't we see that story? I feel like this show has been treading water for a while now. I see better progression from a SoL show.
>>
>>144656642
We're seeing the story now. It's only a happy story for one party.
>>
>>144645134
Subaru is not an anime protagonist. He is an actual NEET. He doesn't behave like you would expect an anime MC to act.

If any of us were in that situation we'd be just as terrified.

>dude you can just die and then go reset everything!

you can say this because you are safe at home and not being chased by a monster whose breath literally erases people from existence. you're not afraid, so you can't understand a fearful perspective.

Fear is the mindkiller. in realistic situations you aren't likely to find anyone who is both terrified and rational at once. the human brain don't work that way, son.

human instinct is to run away from death and failure. subaru is riding on instinct most of the time, he's not a rational guy. he was in the first few loops, but in case it's not obvious he is starting to lose his fucking marbles. and goes on at length about how dying is THE WORST feeling for him, and how he needs to value his life.
>>
File: 1469382183783.png (210KB, 556x720px) Image search: [Google]
1469382183783.png
210KB, 556x720px
>die in multiple loops trying to reach emilia in time
>finally made it but Rem died during it
>instead of not wasting her death and using the opportunity to warn emilia and everyone else the very reason why he he came here to warn them about witch cult
>he goes and tries assaulting Emila and man handling her without simply explaining the explanation
>then gets his beloved emila killed due to his actions

How does one be so stupid?
>>
>>144656314
wasn't the sword saint that went out to kill the whale Reinahrd's grandmother? And I think she lost her blessing to Reinhard before she went out, so Reinhard should be stronger now
>>
>>144656820
>If any of us were in that situation we'd be just as terrified.

No we wouldn't. We'd ditch that skank Emilia.
>>
>>144656885
>i've never been in love: the argument
>>
>>144656409
Isn't that exactly what he does later on, though?
>>
>>144656912
None of us would fall for her. His obsession for Emilia is one of the biggest indicators of his retardation.
>>
>>144656912
>being in love with some chick you saw for 5 minutes and willing to die for her

Hahahaha
>>
>>144653211
Subaru is incredibly immature and egotistical and only acts for himself. When he jumped off that cliff, he did it because everybody hated him, barring maybe Beatrice. He was a loner for the longest time and wants to be loved. While he does have some moments of kindness and altruism, they're mostly for his own benefit, he wants to satisfy his ego even if he doesn't realize it consciously. Even when he has the breakdown in front of Emilia, and shows some insight into his own flaws, he just sobs and pities himself. He thinks kindness and self-sacrifice will lead to people appreciating him and doesn't realize that he tends to make matters worse by not having his shit together. That would also explain his infatuation with Emilia, who went out of her way to help him and treats him kindly. The cliff scene made sense precisely because of that. In the end, being hated by everybody in the mansion, and having estranged Emilia, was a fate he probably considered more painful than death. And it still wasn't an easy decision for him.
>>
>>144656462
>>144656574
more projection. keep revealing how pathetic you are. this show was made for you

>im a weak failure so you must be too
>>
>>144656912
Even Romeo and Juliet would laugh at Subaru.
>>
>>144656964
>>144656984

>he thinks love obeys logic or reason

you're the retards, i'm sorry.
>>
File: 1423533715461.png (208KB, 500x284px) Image search: [Google]
1423533715461.png
208KB, 500x284px
>>144657029
>wanting to live despite hardship in an effort to save another is evidence of being weak
>>
>>144656820
Anyone who doesn't get this is seriously missing out.

Subaru's a dumbass, sure, but if you overlook him for a bit, you'll see that the other character's actions are really well thought out. This is honestly quality writing and has an amazing setup, but so many people aren't able to appreciate it because of various forms of dumbassery.
>>
>>144657080
Hey, you asked what we'd do if we were in his situation. None of us would fall for her, no matter how much you argue love is illogical.
>>
>>144657090
if you are revived after death, and even better, everything is reset after your death, then yeah its weakness
>>
>>144656984
He's died for her multiple times.

At first it may have only been something along the lines of a crush, but at this point he can't help putting her on a pedestal and treating her as priceless.

The fact that he's blowing off Rem's affection proves this even further. If the original Subaru were to encounter a cutie that felt that way for him, he'd be all over it. But his multiple death imposed feelings for Emilia totally outweigh that.
>>
>>144657202
You must be the Anime Board Ambassador who speaks on behalf of all people here then, I presume?

It's good to finally meet you, now I can get absolute responses with no dissenting opinions. Finally.
>>
File: 1428247422908.jpg (53KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1428247422908.jpg
53KB, 1280x720px
>>144657214
>not reading the "what if" alternate story to understand that Suburu actually becomes weaker when he abuses RbD
stay mad autist
>>
What really pissed me off about the story progression in this show was after the whole village incident Subaru never once seemed to be interested in his curse or even question his purpose in the world. The most life altering event in his entire life that has already caused him a bunch of suffering and he just ignores it to go play with some girl he just met.
>>
>>144657311
Wow, it's almost like he's barely more than a little kid and has yet to grasp the situation due to this!
>>
>>144657277
Oh yes, it's a lot more reasonable to say everyone on this board would be willing to die for her five minutes after meeting her for the first time.
>>
>>144657202
if video game rules applied you better fucking believe i would abuse the reset mechanic to get with a crush

thing is im not retarded and would find a painless and reliable way to do it, after being provided the same evidence that subaru has that the reset itself reliable
>>
>>144657360
>it's reasonable to say people on /a/ wouldn't kill themselves for their waifu
anon...
>>
>>144657244
Look I'm saying at the beginning when he hardly knew emila he had some huge crush and then kept dying to save her.
>>
>>144657360
He didn't decide to actually do shit and die for her until like his 2nd/3rd res when he realized he could actually change shit.
>>
>if I was in Suburu's situation everything would be different!
but then you wouldn't be in Suburu's position, you'd be in a different position
being in his position means loving Emilia you fucking retards
>>
File: 1463404285235.png (448KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1463404285235.png
448KB, 1280x720px
>>144657360
dude why are you taking it so fuckin seriously. it's a cartoon. why are you pretending like "love at first sight" is a concept that has never fucking existed prior to this
>>
>>144657360
Anon, the entire point of what's happening right now, is that Subaru is weak willed and a coward, that's it.

He's not supposed to reflect how everyone would react to what's happening, because nobody is like everyone else. I can't say i'd fare better, but i certainly would be acting exactly like him.
>>
File: boing.jpg (143KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
boing.jpg
143KB, 1366x768px
>>144645134
Selective memory
Don't question it -- it makes him a flawed hero
Stop asking questions
>>
>>144657404
Most people take longer than five minutes to pick their waifu.
>>
>>144657532
Complete bullshit
You do not pick your waifu
She finds you and it's instant
Fuck off my board newfag
>>
>>144657488
>Anon, the entire point of what's happening right now, is that Subaru is weak willed and a coward, that's it.
And we understood how pathetic he was pretty early on. Why is the story lingering on this point? Just move on already.
>>
>>144657478
>love at first sight

Because it means the love is shallow. I honestly don't really care about his success because his objective, Emilia, is simply not compelling.
>>
>>144645134
>why doesn't this follow rigid logic so that I can self-insert as a flawless MC that is super emotionally stable and can set aside his personal wishes and fears for others??
because this isn't that kind of story you fucking retard

>>144657622
>why can't Suburu become strong and super reliable now so that I can self-insert
because this isn't that kind of story you fucking retard
>>
>>144655181
This guy gets it. If he carries a suicide pill around with him at all times, the only issue becomes whether he has unlimited tries.

By this point, he should have realized that he has the propensity to end up in gruesome situations that would make such an action preferable.

Once he successfully passes a checkpoint carrying his pill, it will always be on him.
>>
>>144650495
At least Subaru knows he's gonna come back. It's not a question of fear in his case. He knows he'll just come back again
>>
>>144657684
>because this isn't that kind of story you fucking retard
yeah, its a shit one.
>>
>>144657654
It's not even really love judging from the way he acts, it's a childish form of infatuation mixed with horny teen hormones.
>>
>>144657684
Then what kind of story is this? Mindbreak? Kuma Miko did that way better.
>>
>>144656455
Most likely the sword saint didn't get eaten and instead died from something else during the battle.
>>
>>144645134
Terrible show and characters
>>
>>144657654
>love is shallow

if it were shallow he wouldn't be willing to die for her you fucking tard. shallow love is literally everything normal people call love. ever glanced at divorce rates?

here's a hint: THEY'RE FUCKING HIGH.
>>
>>144657756
that's some top tier bait
>>
>>144657825
I don't know man. The big city is scary
>>
>>144656272
Is a valid question
>>144656314
>>144656435
>>144656455
>>144656578
Are fucking retarded. The other sword saints aren't even fucking close to Reinhard at all. Reinhard could literally kill all the other sword saints at once with just his hands. And especially after we saw even Rem do damage to it, like come on.
>>
>>144657532
Waifu status wasn't established until after he saw her get killed by the big tit serial killer, realized he could use his rez powers to change that outcome, and ended up being successful.

It's basic psychology. If someone does something for you, you sub consciously end up liking them more. Even if Subaru only considered her a friend intially (which is highly unlikely, dude prolly was feelin some hard as soon as she treated him nicely), his emotions got progressively stronger each time he died for her. At this point he's totally obsessed.

If you were to take a typical, nerdy Neet and throw him in this situation, he'd probably end in the same position as Subaru.
>>
>>144657808
It's shallow because there's little development.
>>
>>144657622
why enjoy anything? it's just gonna end. why live? why breathe? we're all gonna die someday. might as well drown yourself in the fucking tub because why bother.

that's how you sound. cry yourself a river and then get over it.
>>
>>144657865
"An easygoing Royal Guard knight who holds the title of "Sword Saint" who easily becomes friends with Subaru. He exhibits extraordinary powers in combat. He is stronger than all of his predecessors except the first "Sword Saint" Reid Astrea."

- From the wiki page
>>
>>144645134
Actually, if you had half a brain, you'd understand this episode that Subaru is being an autistic fuckwit. Goddamn I'm mad as fuck about this guy. This guy tried to talk about his ability to Emilia after Rem died. Do you even know what that means? THIS SON OF A BITCH WAS READY TO DISCARD REM LIKE A FUCKING TOOL JUST BECAUSE HE REACHED EMILIA. You don't try to tell someone about your ability if you intend to reset. I'm actually GLAD Emilia got killed in the process because Subaru now has no choice but to start again.

Seriously, fuck this guy, he's making me genuinely angry.
>>
I really hate Subaru.
>>
>>144657928
yes, just like most real human relationships. also, it's a fucking cartoon you gigantic sperglord.

if you think re:zero is shallow i cannot imagine how you can enjoy anything else airing right now.
>>
>>144658013
Not rly a spoiler
>>
>>144657928
I'll bite

Because Arc 3 focuses on Rem while Arc 4 focuses on Emilia and Beako.
>>
>>144657938
The author already confirmed that Reinhard is the strongest character in Re:Zero.

Q: 作中人物(故人含む)で最強は誰ですか?
Q: Who's the strongest character in the novel (including deceased)?

A: ラインハルト・ヴァン・アストレア
A: Reinhard Van Astrea
>>
>>144657622
Because people don't change that easily.
>>
>>144657961
Or maybe he thought things were already fucked and decided to see how far he could go. The entire reason why he told her is because he didn't care about the consequences anymore. And he seemed plenty mad when even Emilia had completely forgotten Rem.
>>
>>144658122

He also said Satella and Reinhard are even.
>>
>>144658178
I got confirmation fron the spfag a few hours ago that Subaru was ready to leave Rem behind at that moment.
>>
>>144656984
>5 minutes
>>
>>144657938
the author even describes "reinhardt" end as "the ending you would get if you have an absurdly overpowered character in a shitty game" (he specifically says it's parodying a badly designed jrpg that gives you a broken strong dude)

then he lists off reinhardt's Divine Blessings, such as "Divine Blessing of First Sight" that prevents the first move of any battle (including sneak attacks, he specifies) from hitting reinhardt. but don't worry, he has a separate Divine Blessing of Second Sight for any attacks after as well

and if you manage to hit him, or kill him? Divine Blessing of the Phoenix bitch, he gets a freebie. There is even a hint by the author that this may activate more than once.

reinhardt is a gag character. in the AU timeline, Emilia gets elected just by having Reinhardt join Subaru's team (which he does by convincing Felt to run away from her destiny as a candidate)
>>
>>144657932
Totally missed my point.

I'm asking why is it important to linger on this suffering for so long?
Relaying the information that Subaru is a pathetic character was already achieved, and even enhanced, but what significance does all this extra suffering add to the story (other than suffering porn).

This whole last episode could be swallowed by the whale and it would have almost no effect to the overall story (a few other episodes also felt that way). The only significant thing that happened was the reveal that anyone who knows subaru's secret would end up magically dead and it happened in the last couple minutes of the episode. 95% of this last episode was shit that had already been covered in previous episodes.
>>
>>144658231
if reinhardt fought satella he would win because of his divine blessings.
>>
>>144658511
>satella uses RtD
>reinhard runs out of mana
First day here?
>>
>>144658468
maybe the story goes against one's previous expectations of a story like this and that bothers you.
>>
>>144658561
I'm going by what the author stated.
>>
>>144658468
This is how people actually develop, through slow and painful experience.

And the world building continues in each episode. Plenty of progression happened. In this episode we learned that the White Whale is attracted to something and killed the first Sword Saint, the consequence for revealing Subaru's power can be things other than him dying, and that Subaru can see the hands Betelgeuse uses for his attacks, which normal people clearly shouldn't be able to.
>>
>>144658576
Pretty sure you just summed up this entire thread.
>>
File: 1452528531354.jpg (69KB, 528x672px) Image search: [Google]
1452528531354.jpg
69KB, 528x672px
>>144658609
Apparently you haven't read the latest where he stated it would be a stalemate until Reinhard ran out of mana. Educate yourself.
>>
>>144658468
The addition of the unseen hands (and the fact that Subaru can see them) was interesting. Maybe he'll figure out he can control them next episode?
>>
>>144658757
It's obvious that the more in contact with Satella he is (shit like touching his heart and rez), the more corrupt he becomes. I wouldn't put it past the LN if Subaru's brain damage actually came from the damage of all those respawns and those contacts with Satella have his sanity decrease little by little.
>>
I don't think many people get why Subaru behaves the way he does so let's do a character analysis.
I'm gonna take a look at his personality first. He shows clear signs of being an escapist. In the first episode, just after leaving the store, he monologues about having played video games all day. When he finds himself in another dimension, he immediately assumes it works like a video game (which it does to some degree, him respawning, there being magic with different elements, demihumans), and he wants to be the hero/the knight in shining armour, a typical video game archetype. This leads us to three very important conclusions that become evident in his later behaviour: first, he would rather run from problems than face them. Secondly, he has no social interaction and doesn't know how to behave around other people, and thirdly, he is out of touch with reality. The second point is painfully obvious if you look at his cringeworthy rants regarding Emilia, who was the first person in this strange world to treat him with kindness. This leads me to some things that support the third point: his idolization of Emilia, and resulting from that, his infatuation. He doesn't love her really, he doesn't even try to understand her. She herself sees this and confronts him with it in the scene where he is lying in bed after his duel with the knight. This, again, leads us back to the first point: he realizes she is right, but does not want to face that reality because his fragile ego can not take it. This is the first time he has truly gotten some serious disappointment from Emilia, and having no way to hide from that particular problem, he has a breakdown.
(cont)
>>
>>144658890
Some people in the thread were saying that the more he relies on RbD, the weaker (or more corrupt) he becomes. Having not read the source material yet, I don't know if it's true, but it would make sense looking at whats happened so far, and it would help to show that Nissan can't rely on RbD as a crutch in every situation.
>>
>>144658468
And, y'know, the whale. The big fucking whale which wasn't introduced before. We got that too. And that the whale removes people from existence. Didn't know that before either.
>>
>>144659074
It makes sense, he becomes a hollow puppet with no self-worth of Echidna after he starts abusing RbD in one of the AU bad ends.
>>
>>144659074
>it would help to show that Nissan can't rely on RbD as a crutch in every situation.
I agree with this. Nothing in the show has made a convincing argument to Subaru that relying on RbD is a bad idea, in fact in episode 7 he purposely uses his RbD to fix a hopeless situation so the idea of abusing RbD should actually be a relatively good idea (except for the whole pain of death part).
>>
>>144656574
Holy fuck you are pathetic
>>
>>144659169
Whale was shown in the previous episode and mentioned in an earlier episode. The previous episode already showed its memory erasing power.
>>
>>144645134
Tbh he should just try to live longer after fucking up, and gather some intel.

Maybe try to join the cultists to know their hideouts and members, to take them out on future resets. Get to know people better, so he can know what makes them click and get them on his side easier.

For a gamer neet, he sure is a noob.
>>
>>144659353
You mean the big eye at the end of the last one? Yes, there was no need to show it after that at all. Not one bit.

The previous episode hinted at the removal from existence. This one made it clear, because the show isn't meant to be watched in tandem with reading the spoilers and you'd otherwise not know what the fuck was going on.
>>
>>144659422
>For a gamer neet, he sure is a noob.

That's actually a pretty good point.

Being a NEET gamer Subaru likely already had a disconnect with normal life and then being transported to another world and given the RbD ability he should have become even more disconnected from reality. Why isn't he trying to game the system like an actual gamer would?
>>
>>144659074
well in the AU he ends up pretty much a husk of a person after abusing the RBD to fix every problem ever.
>>
>>144659517
Before watching this episode I was expecting it to start with Subaru at the merchant stand again (having been killed off camera between episodes) and I would have completely fine with that. The show already gave enough information for me to piece together what may have happened I didn't need to see the little battle. It wasn't even an interesting battle as there were no emotional stakes. Rem gets killed (like we've already seen before). Subaru gets fucked up (like we've already seen before). The only thing that was important happened at the end of the episode, everything else was just a waste of time.
>>
>>144659615
He is a casual who plays Jrpgs.
>>
>>144655653
The witch smell grows stronger after every death, so its likely he has so long before every wee beastie in the bog comes to eat him alive the second he respawns
>>
File: happy.png (1MB, 1905x1073px) Image search: [Google]
happy.png
1MB, 1905x1073px
>>144658178
>Or maybe he thought things were already fucked and decided to see how far he could go.
Doesn't that conflict with the theory that he is worried about when his next checkpoint will be? By continuing on instead of offing himself immediately he only increases the risk of his checkpoint being after the event he wants to prevent.
>>
>>144658984
We got most of his personality down. He is cowardly, craves affection/love, doesn't really know himself and sees idealized versions of people he feels drawn to.
Now what happens to Subaru in this new world?
He dies. Over and over and over again. He knows, after a while, that he will respawn, but it doesn't take away his fear of death. This is not because he is a coward, human fear of mortality goes far beyond the rational as is proven by many folk tales about achieving immortality or a longer life, I. E. The fountain of youth, by the concept of reincarnation like in Buddhism, the afterlife being not just another chance where you may suffer as well but a literal paradise free of pain. But most importantly, the incredible amount of scams and stupid things being done that wind throughout history like a red thread. Medieval medicine was mostly horrifying at best, plain idiotic in some cases. Heck we even think the concept of dying so bad that we put the it into the domains of evil beasts in the West, see lucifer. There is no rationality when it comes to fear of death.
To add to that, Subaru is unable to bear pain of any kind while trying to grind your teeth and go through it. And if we're fully honest, his deaths haven't been very painless so far. He got his guts spilled out of his body, got several limbs severed, including from people he liked and trusted, he froze to death, got decapitated after a ton of psychological trauma seeing a person he really cared for (but only after she warmed up to him, see a pattern here?) getting her limbs twisted and dislocated as well as stabbed.
>>
>>144660439
tl;Dr his deaths are always cruel and painful on both physical and psychological level, of course he's fucking afraid to die. He is traumatized, very clearly, he even says himself with utmost panic that he doesn't want to die, and every time he dies it gets absolutely worse. Heck it took such a toll on him when he froze to death that he was utterly fucking mindbroken. Of course he's not gonna kill himself. Compare that to after he gets gutted, where he's still brave enough to confront the Assassin that killed him the last time. He's just at a point where he's so traumatized that rationally acting isn't possible even if he wanted it to be.
Given his personality and history I really can't blame him for not sacrificing himself to safe Rem.

It's a well written and consistent plot point and the same goes for Subarus development, it aims to be realistic and does a great job at it.
>>
Since there area few anons claiming he just needs to kill himself to redo his screwups.
Why don't you chucklefucks kill urself to undo your major screwups in your life?
>>
>>144659876
Even casual players who only play Pokemon know to soft reset if you fuck up capturing the legendary.
>>
File: 1462421347588.jpg (67KB, 703x680px) Image search: [Google]
1462421347588.jpg
67KB, 703x680px
Anyone know what chapter the anime is at right now? I just want to read it at this point to actually progress in the story.
>>
>>144660727
I killed myself 3 days ago andIt works !

Come on anon, just kill yourself and undo your fuckups like I did!
>>
>>144660727
If I experienced a string of respawns that suggested that I may be able to return after suicide I would strongly consider the option.
>>
>>144645134
Your waifu is shit!!! that is YOUR problem.
>>
>>144661150
Generals were banned long ago

Don't ask me why generals like Aikatsu and JoJo are still allowed
>>
>>144661150
>meta posting
>muh generals
Neck yourself.
>>
>>144661174
Considering how much he doesn't want to die, I'm willing to bet it fucking sucks and not something you'd want to casually do.

Plus trying to repeat the same series of events would grow tiresome and exhausting quick.
>>
File: Witches of Sin.png (578KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Witches of Sin.png
578KB, 1024x768px
If I was in Subaru's position I would've turned the series into an SOL starring the witches already desu
>>
>>144661525
Subaru-kun and the Seven Witches
>>
>>144661331
>Plus trying to repeat the same series of events would grow tiresome and exhausting quick.

I don't know about that. I think it would depend on the environment you respawned in. If you respawned on a deserted island and you were stuck there by yourself, then yeah, RbD may not be that interesting. Find yourself in a big city and you may find it will take some time until you've exhausted yourself.

If you're own personal RbD was unlimited and it went on forever then that would be pretty shit. Things would be ok at first, but after finite amount of time you would get tired and then you would have an infinite amount of time ahead of you.
>>
The truth is, I can return by-
>the Fog, mother of plot devices kicks in
>>
>>144660270
he has probably figured out or at least noticed that he only checkpoints when he is about to die
>>
File: 1469223028502.jpg (86KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1469223028502.jpg
86KB, 1280x720px
>he came all the way there not to tell them he was attacked by the witch cult

I don't get it, shouldn't ram or whoever saved him from the wagon recognise the cult weapons stuck on his wagon?
>>
>>144661697
it doesn't matter. he was pushing his luck by testing the Witch. if anyone finds out about his specific ability, she kills them.

Roswaal and Beato have some theories about what his deal is, but obviously there is nothing to explain it outwardly. Beato knows it's gotta be a witch cuz her scent is all over him.
>>
Now I'm just watching to see why the fuck Emillia called herself Satella the first time.

Does this get explained?
>>
I want you guys to understand the literally every time Surbura loops he and doesn't sleep he's staying up for days at a time. Even if the lack of sleep doesn't effect his body he's still experiencing it mentally.
>>
File: 1468879788632.png (3MB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1468879788632.png
3MB, 1080x1080px
>>144662042
Oh crap you're right.

More suffering to add to the list.
>>
>>144661855
This so much, it was no longer
>Yeah right, witches cult? We get false reports about those guys all the time.

He had their fucking weapons, proof they attacked his cart. wtf is wrong with him? Instead he doesn't even try to explain and just tries to abduct knife ears like a crazy person.
>>
>>144662042
also his body doesn't retain any of his training or movements, so he doesn't get muscle memory from sword practice. he's literally loading a save, no XP carries over
>>
>/a/ explores the nature of love: the thread

This is gold.
>>
Why he could see the hands of Bettlejuice now?
>>
>>144662640
He's died too much and is becoming too attuned with his shadow aspect/the witch
>>
File: 1466035674704.png (136KB, 500x477px) Image search: [Google]
1466035674704.png
136KB, 500x477px
>>144662461
it was the same in the last thread. i've never seen such stereotypical neckbeard posts.

utterly incapable of understanding how love works, or they simply don't remember what genuine love (with no layers of meta-irony) feels like
>>
>ITT: people who have died multiple times and love gurus
>>
Is Otto male?
>>
>>144664327
He is an unhappy merchant.
>>
>>144664327
does otto have more development in the novels? his introduction was glossed over, actually the only time i remember there being a narration over top of a scene
>>
>>144660439
>>144660629
I'm glad to see someone understands the show and Subaru.
>>
>>144645134
I stopped watching at episode 12. The faggotry has just been way too intense from this fucker.
>>
File: subaron.png (919KB, 700x991px) Image search: [Google]
subaron.png
919KB, 700x991px
>>144655181
>>144657715
>>144659074
>>144659284

You know when people ask why doesn't he abuse Return by Death others often respond by saying the witch's smell increases. The problem with that is we don't have any indication in canon of what that actually means.

I've got a theory of what might happen if the witch's scent gets worse. It primarily comes from the events of eps 10 and a bit of 17. In eps 10 in order to lure Rem to him he attempts to tell Ram about Return by Death to bait the witch beasts. This works because they are attracted to the witch scent. In eps 17 the whale is attracted to him because of this in which Otto pushes off the cart.

What happens when the scent grows too strong? By the current evidence it doesn't look like the scent increase by too much however I wonder what will happen when he reaches a certain peak where by merely going outside he draws fiends, beast and maybe epic monsters like the whale to himself. They could be towns, forest and mountains away and he would draw them in like a beacon. He'd become a walking magnet of destruction where ever he went.

Just a theory though. Some food for thought.
>>
>>144667801
>The problem with that is we don't have any indication in canon of what that actually means.
There's no problem. It's clear it's something bad.
>>
>>144667876
Obviously, but what does it mean? What are the stakes?

I know for some that the witch's scent growing stronger is not enough of a reason so I couldn't help but mull over the possible implications based on existing evidence.
>>
>>144667801
He could just hang out in the capital if that is the case, lots of high level dudes to protect him there.
>>
File: 1469422449395.jpg (10KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
1469422449395.jpg
10KB, 240x240px
Puck will save everyone.
>>
So Subaru is the new Shinji?
>>
It's funny because even sabaru acknowledges that he doesn't know if it's a limited number of revives.
That alone would make me want to stay alive.
Like "Yeah it WOULD be illogical for me to stay dead after the 54th time, but resetting to a 'safe point' when I die is already extremely illogical.

That and shit's scary. Youre body shuts off after severe physical trauma and then BOOP youre back to being alive and dandy. That's gotta be awful for the mind to comprehend initially.
>>
>>144645134

reviving isn't his power, it's his curse dumb cuck
>>
>>144670332
>youre
im a fucking retard
>>
Them chinks noticing a pattern.
Thread posts: 195
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.