[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So , what are your thougts on Evangelion's episodes 25 and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: eva26.jpg (9KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
eva26.jpg
9KB, 259x194px
So , what are your thougts on Evangelion's episodes 25 and 26? Just finished them and I want to understand how the other felt about it.
>>
I thought they were a good conclusion to the series
>>
a twist ending, but very fitting and entertaining
>>
It felt like they didn't really mean anything so I skipped them and went on to Eoe
>>
>>144565707
My condolences
>>
>>144564434
how i felt about it? they were required to wrap up shinji's inner conflict and lead into third impact

if you think they were random or had no meaning you dont understand anything about eva
>>
If I had watched them before EoE then I'd of been confused for a little while but within the context of EoE it's obvious or at least very apparent it's Shinji's thoughts through the episodes and in TangLand(tm). Combined 25,26,25',26' are fantastic
>>
>>144564434
I loved them. It meant a lot to me. Shinji coming out of that horrible, shitty, horrifying experience with a new love of self? It was a great ending.
>>
>>144567021
Someone should cut those eps together into a big movie.
>>
>>144567243
I think small amounts of 25 and 26 placed into EoE would work great, but getting both episodes in their entirety would mess with the pace
>>
File: 1448326570314.jpg (50KB, 500x357px) Image search: [Google]
1448326570314.jpg
50KB, 500x357px
End of Evangelion is Anno's artistic vision to the end of the series.

25 is him doing his best with his budget slashed. 26 is him giving up and giving everyone the middle finger.
>>
>>144567820
this
EoE should have been the last episodes. the last episodes shouldve been the movie
>>
There are a few things that bug me about NGE

The ending, where Asuka and Shinji are on the beach confused me. I wanted to believe that anyone who died to an exploding Rei would be able to come back, but Asuka comes back and she died before the tanging.

So I was thinking maybe because the pod was made of LCL and she would have died in the pod she was included?

Or is it really just that anyone who was alive ever could come back? because those EVAs really fucked her and her machine up, and we know she was synced enough when going berserk that her arm literally split in two with the EVA's.

Along with that, why does Shinji choke Asuka?

Does everyone know now everything about everyone else? Is Asuka disgusted with Shinji because the tanging showed his memories and feelings, including him jerking off to her?

Why does Rei show up earlier in the series to Shinji? Is it god-Rei going back in time to see Shinji through his adventure?

The episode 25, and 26 ending: when do they take place? I assumed during the tanging, but the actual anime series just ends with everyone saying congratulations. When that happens, are they all united as one in the tang? Then the actual ending of EoE takes place and Shinji is on the beach with Asuka, because he rejected it?

Because Shinji seemed pretty damn happy at the end of 26, but he was still a fucking wreck on the beach. So it doesn't seem like he remembers the tanging, but it seems like Asuka does.

Him choking Asuka feels like it ruined his arc, unless he was only choking her to make sure he was really out of the tang?
>>
>>144564434
Holy shit, OP, are you me? Son of a bitch. you're me from the future. It was pretty fucking great build up for the last moments of the show. I fucking loved it. Especially that slice of life bit.
>>
worst ending in the history of anime. Only a dumbass would defend a directors that waste all the budget in the first 24 episodes and gives a terrible ending. Keep in mind that Anno never expected to make EoE.

Imagine if Spielberg in Riders of the Lost Ark in the final scene was just Indiana killing the nazis with a pistol, putting the ark on a boat, and sailing while a narrator says: and he lived happily ever after. Thats what 25-26 evangelion is. Fuck you all Anno apologists.
>>
>>144572917
You're trying to look at it "objectively" like every other autistic anime fan by bringing up the budget.
>>
>>144572917
Not giving him budget for those last 2 episodes despite the TV run being extremely popular and raking in unimagineable amount of dosh is just pure kikery and you're a fat kike for supporting that jewishnes.
>>
File: WdZi1.gif (1MB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
WdZi1.gif
1MB, 600x450px
>>144575475
I don't think it was jewishness but more like they didn't want to support it as it was getting real fucked up in the later episodes.
>>
>>144575589
And then Anno gave them a middle finger with EoE anyway.
>>
Complete garbage that's now retroactively overrated. Thematically, they're the equivalent of a recap episode the retreads over the development Shinji already went through over the course of the series, only now repetitively shoved into your face. On top of that, the ultimate resolution feels utterly fake and effectively involves Shinji interacting with 'pretend' versions of people he couldn't express himself to in real life and setting them up within an imaginary world purely for his own satisfaction. It's disgusting and dissatisfying.
>>
>>144567820
>>144568636
Even at the end of episode 24, you seen in the preview the rough animation for when Asuka fights in EoE.
>>
I'd say everyone should unironically just go to EoE 25/26 after finishing 24 on their first viewing and then watch original 25/26 as sort of supplementary material.
>>
File: 1417374656918.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1417374656918.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
In case anyone thought otherwise, Hideaki Anno is not a deep person.
>>
>>144576983
In the director's cut, 6 years after EoE. The aired preview was drawn in marker.
>>
>>144575475
Eva had no budget, even early episodes like 5 had excessive budget saving methods used
>>
>>144577196
>excessive
It's not excessive if they run out of budget eventually.
It would be excessive if by the time they reached last two episodes they had more money still unsued than they planned for them.
>>
The last two episodes of NGE are, in my opinion, the episodes that elevate the show to true art as opposed to mere entertainment.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.