[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Monogatari Series

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 10

What is the best season/light novel of Monogatari series? And what is the last in chronological order
>>
>>144515369
Bakemonogatari the best
Nisemono fanservice
SecondSeason is great
After that is meh... ok
>>
>>144515369
Bake, Koi and Owari 1 are the best.

Last is hana not considering off-season.
>>
bake is the only decent one. the rest is trash
>>
Bird a best. That's all that matters.
>>
>>144518549
this
>>
>>144515630
ah shit that's dissapointing, I'm in the middle of nise and was expecting it to get better. I also saw a trailer for a movie that's coming soon and was pretty pumped to get there, hope it's not meh
>>
>>144521758
That anon is just a buttblasted nostalgiafag. The series keeps getting better as it goes on.
>>
File: 2d767733.jpg (127KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2d767733.jpg
127KB, 1920x1080px
>>144515369
Why is she so cute here
>>
>>144522910
Good to know
>>
>>144518549
Monkey, Bat, Cat, Hornet > Everybody else
>>
File: jNdsH.jpg (362KB, 2554x717px) Image search: [Google]
jNdsH.jpg
362KB, 2554x717px
>>144515369
Snake is so cute
>>
Araragi is a rapist pedophile
>>
File: thats a good pizza.png (245KB, 900x827px) Image search: [Google]
thats a good pizza.png
245KB, 900x827px
second series is the bestest of all time

kizu also p good so far
>>
Second season > Kizu> Bake=Owari>Neko>Nise.
>>
File: 1997.149.9.gif (214KB, 500x798px) Image search: [Google]
1997.149.9.gif
214KB, 500x798px
>>144521758
honestly i think the series peaks with the last six episodes of monogatari season 2. s2 in general isn't all that great, it definitely drags at certain parts but the last few eps make it worth it. i enjoyed owari as well. i'd stick it out. oh and watch kizu. it's gorgeous.
>>
I don't know the indivual arcs by name in second season

Bake>Koi>Oni>Owari>rest of SS>Nise>Tsuki>Neko>Hana
>>
>>144524128
Kizu is beautiful as hell. I'm hoping for another English release for the other two films.
>>
>>144515369
Katanagatari, SS is best though.
>>
Neko black/white, koi, and sodachi riddle are my favorites. I'm not sure why so many people deify bake. It only has fragments of the dissociation and fake/real themes that make the series so intriguing. Yeah, it's directed by Oishi but it's the combination of direction and content that makes monogatari so good.
>>
>>144515369
the last chronological arc is hana, but there was a huge timeskip so it doesn't really spoil that much about anything that happens before
>>
>>144526127
People are bake purists cause Nise turns a lot of people off the series. I'm surprised threads are so dead lately. They used to be pretty booming even only a year ago.
>>
>>144515369
Otorimonogatari, Koi/Kaikimonogatari, and Kizumonogatari.

Second Season is best overall.
>>
>>144528164
No new content of late aside from BD release of Koyo and nothing planned aside from more Kizu.
>>
A lad I know urged me to watch the Monogatari series and I'm nine episodes into Bakemonogatari and it's ... underwhelming?

I get that there's probably a big amount of poesie within the language used that I don't get (although I get quite a bit, because I've learned Japanese for two years now), but all other aspects seem so lackluster.
Character designs are basic SoL designs with a touch of autism an all the arcs I've been through were basic SoL arc designs masked with supernatural shit happening to make it seem more intellectual.
Am I missing something?
>>
File: file.gif (2MB, 540x342px) Image search: [Google]
file.gif
2MB, 540x342px
Kizu is the best. Kabuki second best.
>>
>>144531569
>make it seem more intellectual
You sound pretty pretentious by saying that. I don't know why a supernatural aspect would do that. The fact you call the character designs 'SoL' rather than 'harem' is another retarded thing to say

It's probably just not for you, most people like monogatari for the characters, fan service, visuals and interactions between the characters. Since you don't like the characters it's probably not for you.
>>
>>144532143
>You sound pretty pretentious by saying that. I don't know why a supernatural aspect would do that. The fact you call the character designs 'SoL' rather than 'harem' is another retarded thing to say

You shouldn't immediately get so defensive without disproving my point.

It most definitely has several SoL themes.
My criticism is literally not about the Harem aspects, but about aspects that CAN occur in Harem, but more generally fit the SoL genre.

>Hitagi Crab arc
About a person that had to face abuse and fled the reality of the life after the abuse for years and only faces it with the help of a newfound friend (very SoL). Spiced up by: Supernatural being

>Mayoi Snail arc
About a person (persons if we want to count Hanekawa as directly involved) that is insecure about his position in the world, in this case in his family (very SoL). Spiced up by: Supernatural being

>Suruga Monkey arc
About a person that is incredibly jealous of the success of others and actively wants to sabotage these people (very SoL). Spiced up by: Supernatural being

It's not at all about the Harem relationship that the MC can have with the female characters that I criticize. You should not have implied that, because I'm completely ok with the Harem aspect.
I exclusively criticize that they take incredibly common topics and disguise them as overly complex and new with the help of the supernatural.
Say, how is this not the case?

The other aspects I like. Visuals and conversation style are great parts of this anime, but I do not understand why everybody likes the story so much
>>
>>144532471
Absolutely none of that is SoL.
>>
>>144532471
I'm not talking about themes, you said the character designs are SoL designs, you said nothing about the themes.
>Character designs are basic SoL designs
Character design means something quite specific and has nothing to do with themes. Did you even read your own post?
I understand you don't like the arc based aspect of Bake, not everyone does. It definitely isn't SoL type. The fact it's supernatural and one off per character means it isn't anything 'normal' for the characters involved.
>>
>>144532535
All SoL character arcs come down to a persons facing various issues and the longer the shows go on the more you get into their pasts up to the point when their past gets resolved, more often than not with the help of their friends.

http://myanimelist.net/anime/9989/Ano_Hi_Mita_Hana_no_Namae_wo_Bokutachi_wa_Mada_Shiranai
http://myanimelist.net/anime/2167/Clannad
http://myanimelist.net/anime/13759/Sakurasou_no_Pet_na_Kanojo?q=sakuras
http://myanimelist.net/anime/14741/Chuunibyou_demo_Koi_ga_Shitai

Need more?
>>
Right now definitly Kizu.
>>
>>144532598
Pardon my mistake, English is not my first language.
I was trying to refer to ep themes.
However, it's not the episode nature that I criticize. it's the story content of the episodes.
Most of the great dialogues had nothing to do with the actual story, which just made me wonder why the people like the story this much.
>>
>>144532633
What MAL tags as slice of life is irrelevant. MAL also has Seitokai Yakuindomo and Haganai down as slice of life. Slice of life isn't defined as shows with character arcs and confronting issues. Just because it shares similarities in that way does not make it slice of life. It's the same as saying Eva is slice of life because Shinji goes through a long character arc where his issues are partly resolved. It's all semantics in this sense though and irrelevant.

>>144532790
Ah okay. The first season's story arcs aren't the series strongest and it isn't really the draw of the show. The story arcs help explain the characters though and their backstory and personality which helps make the dialogue and interactions more fun.
>>
>>144515369
Here's the timeline of what's been adapted so far.
>>
>>144515369

The best for the overall plot is SS, where the characters are established and the larger conflict is shown.

The best single story/novel is Tsubasa Tiger, even the Nips rated it so highly, Nisio made a meta joke about how Hanekawa is a better narrator in the next story, Kabuki.
>>
File: ougi.jpg (436KB, 702x936px) Image search: [Google]
ougi.jpg
436KB, 702x936px
who /spooky/ here?
>>
File: snek.jpg (130KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
snek.jpg
130KB, 1920x1080px
After finding out there was more to the series(I stopped after nekomonogatari kuro two years ago) I decided to binge the entire series again.

I really enjoyed Monogatari Second Season more than anything else. I saw the webm of Hachikuji kissing Araragi and thought it was some funny moment coming up and then I had to try not to cry when it happened. I also really enjoyed the characterization of Kaiki and the ending of his arc was honestly pretty crazy.

I didn't realize two years ago how nice some of the OPs are.

My favorites:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvRJ9OABu7o(although apparently this is a meme)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XBA8a3cHKY

Both of these need the video but I guess that's a no-go. Post favorite Openings.
>>
>>144515630
Sodachi's stuff is pretty great
>>
Bake is objectively the best.

Bake > Owari > SS > the random one-offs > Nise
>>
File: 1456804038118.png (960KB, 1600x1292px) Image search: [Google]
1456804038118.png
960KB, 1600x1292px
>>144522910
I actually just finished Bake a few months ago, got into Nise and got sick of the fan service.
>>
>>144538703
>Crossboarder is a retard
How surprising
>>
>>144538703
>quits a series in the first third
>still somehow thinks he is informed enough to comment on the whole package
>>
is it bad that i thought hana was the best arc and tsuki was the worst?
>>
>>144540553
Probably not, I see here more people loving hana than liking tsuki, outside of bath and snow ball fight.
>>
>>144540553
Probably, both were pretty bad.
>>
Owari 1 was fucking amazing
The first episode that is. That is all.
>>
>>144538703
Of all things to get sick of you pick fanservice? Literally don't be a faggot anon
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.