[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is Berserk so tonally inconsistent? You'll have a serious

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: Berserk_v02_p012.png (431KB, 1228x1800px) Image search: [Google]
Berserk_v02_p012.png
431KB, 1228x1800px
Why is Berserk so tonally inconsistent? You'll have a serious scene or a battle, and in one panel there's always the fairy guy doing a silly face.
>>
File: GU9ZNq9.jpg (25KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
GU9ZNq9.jpg
25KB, 500x281px
It would be too dark without him!
>>
>>144468679

Because Guts would actually be dead without it.
>>
Contrast.
Dark/light
humorously big sword/disfigured guy
Grim dark/ fairies and witches
>>
>>144468679
The fairy is there to remind you that the setup is sobrenatural.
>>
>>144468679
I want to fuck Puck
>>
>>144468679
He's a comic relief character you dumb cuck
>>
>>144471155
Yeah, I know that, and that's why the tone is inconsistent.
>>
>>144468679
puck is basically comic relief from the gore and sadness
>>
>>144468679
It was way more noticiable in the last chapters of the Conviction Arc, basically everyone but Guts, Farnese and Heretic Slut were comic relief
>>
File: Berserk_v35c315p03.png (612KB, 1280x1892px) Image search: [Google]
Berserk_v35c315p03.png
612KB, 1280x1892px
>>144471509
The really tenacious pirate was pretty amusing too. The whole arc reads a lot better when it's not taking years to go through. Was probably meant as a breather after the absolute craziness that was the end of the Falcon of the Millennium Empire Arc
>>
I haven't read this in years, it's still going on?
>>
>>144473596
They got off the boat.
>>
>>144472698
I fucking hate the pirate accent, reading what they talk was a hassle
>>
>>144472698
The reaction faces look like you took a panel from One Piece or something.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.