[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Asuka or Rei?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 459
Thread images: 132

File: rei-asuka-plug-suit-design.jpg (73KB, 600x612px) Image search: [Google]
rei-asuka-plug-suit-design.jpg
73KB, 600x612px
Asuka or Rei?
>>
File: 1467500321749.jpg (805KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1467500321749.jpg
805KB, 1536x2048px
>>144439537
/pol/ stole the precious Asuka
>>
File: CnUnkzjUMAEn0Zi.jpg (177KB, 675x1200px) Image search: [Google]
CnUnkzjUMAEn0Zi.jpg
177KB, 675x1200px
>>144439537
Asuka and Mari.
>>
>Shinji's mother's clone
or
>emotional 28 yr old in a teenager's body
>>
>>144439537
Asuka > Rei
>>
>>144439537
Asuka is hotter, but they are both shit.
>>
Red girl is the best.
>>
>>144439537
Oh boy! Its another Red vs Blue thread! I sure hope the reds win against those dirty blues! We were really taking it to em last time! We almost had em. I just cant believe how dumb guys are! You'd have to be retarded like something I dont like! I truly believe we converted a few of those misguided people through meaningful shit-flingin- uh I mean meaningful conversation!
>>
File: dWvtzuA.gif (154KB, 704x480px) Image search: [Google]
dWvtzuA.gif
154KB, 704x480px
>>144440347
>>
File: 1468339077842.jpg (85KB, 1024x724px) Image search: [Google]
1468339077842.jpg
85KB, 1024x724px
>>144439537
I want to worship Asuka's ass.
>>
File: 48840996_p0.png (1MB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
48840996_p0.png
1MB, 640x1136px
Rei, of course.

Rei is objectively better than Asuka.
>>
>>144440347
We could have meaningful conversation. However, Asukafags happen to be shitposting retards who cannot accept the truth even when presented to them in the form of video, screenshots or other undeniable facts.

So they shitpost.
>>
I prefer Rei, I see her kind of like a Pinocchio which I find adorable.
>>
I prefer Asuka, I see her kind of like a tsundere sex mate which I find adorable.
>>
I'm a Rei fan but I'd choose Asuka any day.
>>
>>144440347
>Oh boy! Its another Red vs Blue thread! I sure hope the blues win against those dirty reds! We were really taking it to em last time! We almost had em. I just cant believe how dumb guys are! You'd have to be retarded like something I dont like! I truly believe we converted a few of those misguided people through meaningful shit-flingin- uh I mean meaningful conversation!
>>
>>144440682
I have never seen an asukafag that actually bothered to pay attention to reis character arc.more than half of them got brainwashed by Anno's rebuild garbage representation of rei and can barely spout out anything but shitflinging and "m-muh clone".
>>
>>144440969
Yeah, pretty much.

Blue will always win on the objective level, but Red will win the pandering game.
>>
>>144441007
Actually Asuka always wins on an objective level because she has a far richer character. But Reifags will never admit that she actually has any character and just call her a tsundere even though she wasn't.
>>
Asuka is so mean, why would anyone pick her?
>>
>>144441176
What do you mean by "richer character" ? If you mean more expressive, you've already lost.

While Asuka does have a character, it is still inferior to Rei's.
>>
>>144441260
Asuka has better character development, more impact on others, better interactions, and a better pay off overall.
She's superior to Rei.
>>
File: OP_C060_hikari.jpg (28KB, 360x274px) Image search: [Google]
OP_C060_hikari.jpg
28KB, 360x274px
Hikari
>>
>>144439537
Kaworu.
*sigh* Rei, if it has to be.
>>
Asuka is mean, but tsunderes are cute once you get to the dere.
Rei is, well, insipid, a kuudere, not my type personally.
>>
>>144439881
3.0 is not canon.
>>
>>144441176
>>144441356
See, i agree that asuka has a character beyond just being tsundere. She has tons of flaws and develops past them to an extent.

However you dont seem to realize how much exacty rei develops throughout the series, and what impact this development has on the plot. She starts out as a doll created by gendo, but as we cone further we realize along with herself that she is her own person, capable of making her own decisions and deciding her own fate.
Eventually, during the climax of the story, she betrays her master, gendo and instead does what she wants to.

She has a huge amount of personality, depth and development, but fireposters either purposefully ignore or never even notice this.
>>
>>144441356
>Asuka has better character development, more impact on others, better interactions, and a better pay off overall.
Funny, I'd say that was the case for Rei.

Let's recap:

Rei develops into being more emotional, more in touch with herself, while also confronting the dark secrets behind her creations. She does this regularly since the beginning too, gradually chipping off the edge. It's not just about learning that "relationships are good" with Rei, but also that some relationships are bad - i.e the one with Gendo, in which she ends up rejecting and shunning Gendo by the end.

Asuka has very little development as a character, as she remains the same for virtually the entire series. She is unable to change herself, and she takes the consequences of not being able to adapt or understand new things. She may deteriorate, become hurt or unresponsive, but she is still the same character she was at the beginning.

As for more impact on others, well, I don't know. Rei has Gendo the Ice Mountain rush to her aid in despair, she has Shinji crying for her safety, she saves Asuka and everyone elses lives several times,and of course, she makes Asuka and Ritsuko for instance super-jealous. She is admired by both Toji and Kensuke, for maturity and uh, calves. She makes Shinji try to care for others than himself at times, which is good.
What about a literal impact, didn't Rei as Lilith give birth to them all prior to the series, and didn't Rei oversee the third Impact?

Surely Asuka has had impact on other people, particularly Shinji. But she is limited to just that, Shinji for the most part. She has no dealings with other major characters, save for Kensuke and Toji which she enrages.

But then there's the payoff.... wow. Rei just has Asuka beat in every way here.

While Asuka is never in the series able to actualize herself and make a decision for improvement, Rei was. Rei then goes on to become a God, and Asuka just rode Rei's wave. I'd go on but char limit.
>>
Rei is just a shitty doll
>>
>>144441525
"Fireposters" know full well that Rei is superior to Asuka. It's why they are fireposters and not regular posters.

Their aberrant and belligerent behavior exists as a reaction to their own, personal defeat at the hands of Rei.
>>
Misato best girl
>>
File: 1464594017817.jpg (145KB, 1018x768px) Image search: [Google]
1464594017817.jpg
145KB, 1018x768px
reifag here

the real question is which Rei
>>
>>144442033
me on the left
>>
>>144442033
that one in the middle
>>
One irony of Evangelion is that Asuka calls Rei a puppet.

Asuka was reared as a small child to become an EVA-pilot, and never ever considered that she'd have some sort of other future than the one planned for her by NERV.
Rei was also reared from a small child to serve NERV, but she ends up questioning not only herself and her own role, but

Practically the consequences of this is best shown in Evangelion's late-game.

When Rei loses her EVA and cannot pilot any more, she is virtually unaffected and instead turns the focus on antagonizing NERV and understanding her situation better.

When Asuka is unable to pilot because NERV has rejected her, she loses all will to live and becomes catatonic to the point you'd think she was comatose.

We can see here that Asuka is and always was, a puppet being controlled by NERV. Like a puppet, she collapses into a lifeless abhuman once the strings to her puppet masters, the EVA, is cut.
Rei on the other hand, proves Asuka wrong by not only retaining the integrity of her personality, but also strengthening it.

There is a reason for why Asuka is the one with dolls in her background, and Rei is free of it.
>>
>>144442268
when Rei turns on shinji's dads wishes in EoE she finally shows her true self, its weird though, 'she' wouldn't have done so imo if original rei didn't die from nuking self to prevent alien infection. that Rei was loyal to a fault.
>>
>>144442033
Rei 2 is my waifu
>>
>>144442532
Not that loyal. Whenever did Rei prove her loyalty?

Whenever NERV says "Hey, don't do that Rei", Rei does it anyway.
>>
File: BiciDDQCcAAhQeW.jpg (55KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
BiciDDQCcAAhQeW.jpg
55KB, 600x800px
>>144439537
Neither.
>>
File: image.gif (3MB, 210x208px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
3MB, 210x208px
>>144439610
Was this really printed? I've read the autism online but never thought it'd get out in the streets
>>
>>144442670
dude, she literally kills herself to deal with the aliens at the time. if dying for a cause is not loyalty I don't know what is.

her change in personality is noticable when she see's shinji's dads broken glasses and she shows no relation to it, despite him saving her that time, she doesn't remember because its a different Rei.

plus when shinji bad mouths his father and she bitchslaps him.
>>
>>144442268
Rei is still the puppet. Because of that she has nowhere to fall while Asuka who isn't a puppet was able to make her own decisions, fall, and pick herself back up.
>>
>>144442954
It's not loyalty, it's doing the right thing. Rei would have died regardless if she let the aliens win, remember?
>>
>>144443098
>Rei is still the puppet. Because of that she has nowhere to fall while Asuka who isn't a puppet was able to make her own decisions, fall, and pick herself back up.

Congratulations on making no sense at all. NGE clearly shows that Asuka never made her own personality, and only followed NERV's bidding to become an EVA pilot, and because of that, Asuka didn't have anything else. Rei who had been making her own thoughts, decisions and ideas, didn't break like Asuka did because she had herself to fall back on.

>Asuka picked herself up
Hahaa, no.
>>
File: image.jpg (61KB, 452x710px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61KB, 452x710px
oh boy, another one of these threads.
>>
>>144442954
Rei remembers, but she's mad at Gendo. She's been brewing some anger the entire series. Gendo didn't even come to visit her at the hospital.
>>
>>144443334
Thanks for confirming you haven't seen Evangelion or are to stupid to understand Asuka. Asuka did make her own personality and she did for herself, not for anyone else. She desired independence, she wanted everyone to love her, she became an eva pilot on her own, not because anyone told her to or for anyone's sake. All you see is her mask she wears and ignore what's underneath it.
>>
File: Asukasip8.jpg (549KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Asukasip8.jpg
549KB, 1600x1600px
>>144443582
Don't you just love everyone yelling "Stop liking what I don't like" day in and day out?
>>
>>144443729
Thank for confirming you didn't watch Evangelion. What you're describing is not Asuka in any way whatsoever. It is non-canonical fanwank.

NERV did indeed recruit her into the EVA-programme as she was a child, this being the plan by incorporating her mother into the EVA. The first Asuka hears about the EVA is after NERV people tell her that she's "special", this making Asuka very excited. People don't become EVA pilots on their own, they are selected and incorporated into a programme controlled by NERV.

You can't just insist that she had her own personality like that. You need evidence, proof. I have absolute proof of the opposite - the proof being that without this identity as an EVA-pilot, Asuka collapsed, proving that she had nothing that was genuinely hers. If someone can take away your personality, it's not yours. It's not personal, unique to you.

Rei is a much stronger person because whatever little Rei has, it's hers and it can't be taken away.

>>144443819
It's sadly because the Evangelion community is infected by delusional Asuka fans, an infection brought on by years of pandering.
>>
>>144443941
You're no better despite your delusions of grandeur.
>>
>>144442954
Rei remembers, its not a different rei, its the same rei in a different vessel.
>>
File: 40981453_p0.jpg (452KB, 850x1000px) Image search: [Google]
40981453_p0.jpg
452KB, 850x1000px
Still Rei.
Always Rei.
After all these years and author's attempts, forever Rei.
>>
>>144444003
>y-you're no better
Whether I am or not is actually irrelevant. At least you acknowledge that the Asukfag infection is a problem.
>>
>>144443941
So what you are saying is that NERV told Asuka exactly what to do and how to act. You're a fucking idiot.
>>
>>144442670
I think the one time any Children followed an order they didn't like might have been retreating from Leliel. They aren't any of them great soldiers.
>>
>>144444175
They told her to pilot the EVA, they gave her manipulatively encouraging words like she was special, let her believe she was special, because they wanted her as a puppet. Asuka became that puppet. The personality she had disappeared the second NERV stopped controlling her. It was never hers to begin with.

She was dependent on the identity as an EVA-pilot the same way the puppet is dependent on the strings that move it.

>hur dur ur an idiot
So now you're lashing out at me like a child throwing a tantrum because you realize how utterly pathetic and weak Asuka is, how much of a puppet?
No, anon. You were the idiot for deluding yourself about your waifu in the first place.
>>
Irrelevant.
Misato a best.
Octuple get confirms.
>>
>>144444461
>17 posts off
Pathetic.
>>
File: 1355969364597.jpg (154KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1355969364597.jpg
154KB, 800x600px
>>144439537
The one who deserved and got all the hugs.
>>
every day. For 13 fucking years
>>
>>144444378
You are the actual idiot for falling for that trolling and making yourself look like a colossal dick.
>>
File: aiharaotome 0259e.jpg (230KB, 935x1200px) Image search: [Google]
aiharaotome 0259e.jpg
230KB, 935x1200px
>>144439635
I don't particularly care about /u/, or Asuka, or Mari, but those two doing lewd together makes me nuclear.
>>
>>144442735
Yes
http://forward.com/opinion/national/342905/decoding-an-anti-semitic-meme-donald-trump-supporters-took-from-anime/
>>
>>144444772
Hes right tho
>>
>>144444772
Blame the troll then. I can't possibly be a dick for shitting on a troll.
>>
File: 1438847245851.png (188KB, 351x329px) Image search: [Google]
1438847245851.png
188KB, 351x329px
>>144444878
Disregard me, I'm retarded
>>
>>144444378
Except she did create her own personality on her own. It was a mask but it was her that created it. NERV didn't need Asuka as a pilot, they had plenty of spares, she chose to become one. Yes they had her selected as a possibility but it was her own decision to do it and become someone. When she is mindraped she breaks down because the angel tore off her mask for everyone to see and she hated that. She broke because the angel broke her. She didn’t have much else because of her own life choices, not because anyone forced her.
>>
When the FUCK are we getting information about 3.0+1.0?

It's been 4 years. FOUR FUCKING YEARS.
>>
>>144440969
Which is peculiar because even Rei's progression in the first two movies is more in-your-face compared to the series
>>144441176
It really depends on the incarnation, Asuka Soryu is an interesting character, while Asuka Shikinami is the stereotypical tsundere
>>144441356
Also here there's difference between NGE and Rebuild

In NGE, Asuka is much more forceful but stays the same until the very end, you just see her degenerating because of her apparent or real failures, it's only in EoE that she feels liberation when she realizes her bond with 02, and the very final gesture of the movie when she finally makes a gentle gesture. But there you have developement happening in just the last 30 minutes out of an entire show + movie
Rei is more subdued in her expressions and thus is less apparent, but she has most evolution of all the characters, opening up mostly with Shinji and ultimately standing up to Gendo and instead giving the keys of third impact to Shinji as a culmination of her turning from the beginning of the series, and you have very powerful moments like when she cries on the broken glasses that is a very evident contrast to the first meeting with shinji.

In Rebuild you have Asuka as your classical tsundere, who in the end opens up to both Shinji and Rei showing a hidden gentle side.
Rei has a similar evolution compared to the original series, but is made more explicit in her actions, with her emoting much more, openly standing up to people and taking action in making the people around her happier.
In this version they have a similar magnitude of evolution

Then you have 3.0 where Asuka is more hardened and Rei doesen't aven appear, there is Rei 9 that is a different character with a different story and possibly evolution, so you can't elaborate that much there.
>>
>>144445100
Anno hasn't even started working on it
>>
File: bestboyy.png (76KB, 200x321px) Image search: [Google]
bestboyy.png
76KB, 200x321px
>>144439537
The only true best choice.
>>
>>144445221
Go to bed Shinji
>>
>>144445175
What the fuck.

I thought there were rumors that he did?

Didn't evageeks contact Khara a few months ago and they said they were at stage 4 with their animation production? Meaning they're finishing up?
>>
>>144445079
>Except she did create her own personality on her own. It was a mask but it was her that created it.
No proof of that in the series.

>NERV didn't need Asuka as a pilot, they had plenty of spares, she chose to become one.
Complete, absolute utter fanwank. There is explicitly a scene which shows Asuka being happy about her special selection. She didn't choose anything, she was made into one by NERV.

>Yes they had her selected as a possibility but it was her own decision to do it and become someone.
She was not selected as a possibility, she was prepared alongside her mother and she had been working at being an EVA pilot her entire life.

>When she is mindraped she breaks down because the angel tore off her mask for everyone to see and she hated that. She broke because the angel broke her.
Not only is that not true, the Angel wasn't the one that broke her. Asuka is "broken" not because the Angel showed her the truth and reminded her of how pathetic she was, but because NERV said she would be unable to pilot. She is still a pilot after that event, but after episode 23, they replace her and that's when she breaks.

She breaks because she no longer has an identity, NERV took it away with a flick of their hand. That's absolute proof that Asuka had no personality, and no individuality besides being exactly what NERV had reared her to be.

>She didn’t have much else because of her own life choices, not because anyone forced her.
She was forced by NERV into becoming their puppet, and she was a puppet.

Accept it, stop lying about a cartoon because you want to protect the image of your waifu. Especially give up on the idea that Asuka is better than Rei in the original in fields like these, because it'll only make you hate Evangelion and Asuka. You want Shikinami, not Asuka.
>>144445100
Anno recently apologized to the fanbase, actually. Just yesterday in fact. He said he never had any intention of making a fourth movie until now. So it hasn't begun.
>>
>>144445432
>Anno recently apologized to the fanbase, actually. Just yesterday in fact. He said he never had any intention of making a fourth movie until now. So it hasn't begun.

Link to source?
>>
>>144445411
>Didn't evageeks contact Khara a few months ago and they said they were at stage 4 with their animation production? Meaning they're finishing up?
lol

Are you telling me that evageeks is literally doing damage control for Anno now?
>>
>>144445411
>http://kotaku.com/an-apology-to-evangelion-fans-from-hideaki-anno-1783903322

He's been working on Godzilla, so Eva got delayed.
>>
>>144445466
Don't use the kotaku link. Use the archived version which gives them no ad revenue:
https://web.archive.org/web/20160719162134/http://kotaku.com/an-apology-to-evangelion-fans-from-hideaki-anno-1783903322
http://www.oricon.co.jp/news/2075319/full/
>>
>>144445561
>not having ad block
>>
>>144445466
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2016-07-19/hideaki-anno-apologizes-for-delay-on-final-evangelion-film/.104479

He actually apologized for having kept everyone waiting for so long
>>
>>144445593
It'll still give them a "view".
>>
Asukafags are masochistic manchildren who are so starved for affection that they're willing to be abused by a literal psychopath. Reifags are maladjusted sadists who are so terrified of rejection that the only viable relationship for them is with a doll completely lacking in personality. Both girls suck. You all are terrible.
>>
File: 1388268349437.jpg (14KB, 148x177px) Image search: [Google]
1388268349437.jpg
14KB, 148x177px
>>144445561
>>144445605

Holy fuck ahahahaha.

Why even create your own animation studio if you're going to do jack shit with it?

Over 10 years and all they've managed to really do are the Rebuild movies and some anime expo shorts. What is the majority of the studio even doing right now? Twiddling their thumbs?

And then he has the gall to take a break and make a live action Godzilla flick... This man is self-centered to a T.
>>
>>144439537
Rei only develops from a thing to an individual. Creating bonds with others etc. Getting to like life itself by finding stuff you like. That's her character theme. She's basically a meta character.

Asuka is completely fucked up and gets into different stages throughout her development. While Rei starts at 0 Asuka starts at -10. She isn't just apathetic she has actual problems with that. And all that also reaches a climax which isn't the case for Rei.

Asuka beats the shit out of Rei in character and character development.
>>
>>144442033
Why choose just one?
>>
>>144445865
They've been doing animation for ads and other studios.
>>
>>144445869
Rei was born and raised a human being, and she was always an individual. A repressed individual, but not a thing per se. It's not like anything about Rei changed physically, her character is in itself proof that despite different origins, she's still sentient and a moral human being.

>Asuka is completely fucked up and gets into different stages throughout her development. While Rei starts at 0 Asuka starts at -10. She isn't just apathetic she has actual problems with that. And all that also reaches a climax which isn't the case for Rei.
Complete made up bullshit. It's the other way around, you nonce.

Asuka never reaches a proper climax, but Rei does.

Rei beats the shit out of Asuka in character and character development.
>>
File: 1438925366818.png (106KB, 418x605px) Image search: [Google]
1438925366818.png
106KB, 418x605px
>>144445823
>Anno: Sadists, without question, go to Rei, because of their sadistic desires. I believe that masochists go to Asuka. And, there is a tendency for women of the same generation and people who are children mentally to go to Misato.
>>
>>144445865
>>144445996
Khara was largely created for Anno to wrest control over the Evangelion franchise, and to reshape it into a new Evangelion based on his experience with the old. He is an old, petty otaku who values character popularity more than story and quality, and so it's not a stretch to say that Khara exists purely to promote his favorite Evangelion characters, and give every other character in the way hell.
>>
>>144445996
>They've been doing animation for ads and other studios.

WOW. How impressive from a studio that's made so much fucking money from these Eva flicks.

Fucking hell, even low-budget Trigger has created more substantial work and IPs in their short time than fucking Khara. That's pathetic.
>>
>>144446084
Except this extended delay is more or less proof that he doesn't give a fuck about Eva anymore, much less animation.

He stills wants to believe that he can be a good live-action director too even though Cutie Honey sucked dick.
>>
>>144446079
But I am no sadist, rather the opposite. I just want Rei to be happy.

>also trusting an Anno quote
>ever
It's common knowledge he just makes up shit on the fly, he's always been that way
>>
>>144446184
He's a fantastic live-action director.
See: Love & Pop and Shiki Jitsu

He's obviously embarrassed by Eva and wants to move on to more mature projects, now Anime for children.
>>
>>144446184
Jesus fuck how pessimistic /a/ is. Perhaps he want to be remembered as more than "that dude who created Eva", kind of like Kojima. He also seems to be succeeding at it since the new Godzilla is apparently really good.
>>
>>144445869
See >>144441669

Basically, Rei starts out at a minus -100 while Asuka starts out at a comfortable zero in comparison. Rei was born in a lab with no parents, surrounded by scientists with no respect for her life. One of them quite literally murders her on a whim, calling her replaceable.

This situation never ends at any point for Rei.

In comparison, Asuka is born into a normal family, and then loses her mother. She is then selected into the EVA program, and her father remarries and Asuka goes on to lead a relatively normal life, albeit under the complete influence of NERV.

In the series, Rei develops positively and changes her own character, while Asuka remains stagnant and becuse of that, fails spectacularly to reach any self-improving conclusion.

The NGE-series ends with Rei affirming her own worth and daring to see beyond what NERV has set out for her, while for Asuka it ends with her comatose in a bed. Asuka is something of an unresolved character, while Rei has an actual point based on her own experiences to make.

Rei can communicate some words of wisdom to the viewer, Asuka can only lie still and rock about in the storm surrounding her.

There's just no comparison. Asuka fans actually hate Evangelion and what it is, and need to delude themselves with lies to coexist with the rest.
>>
>>144446270
This.
There's an interview with the seiyuu for Sakura where when she first met him and asked what he did, he showed her his live action movies and never once mentioned Eva.
It's not a work he wants on his resume.
>>
>>144446270
>"that dude who created Eva"

Most creative people would dream to create a work as popular, groundbreaking, influential and iconic as Eva. Most creative people would love to be known for creating at least one decent, memorable thing that isn't a fucking fad. Most people don't come close to achieving that.
>>
File: 1468519951556.jpg (51KB, 381x371px) Image search: [Google]
1468519951556.jpg
51KB, 381x371px
>>144442033
Rei is not plural you assfaggot
>>
>>144446184
>Except this extended delay is more or less proof that he doesn't give a fuck about Eva anymore, much less animation.
The delay was always intentional. 3.33 is the state of Evangelion how he wants it to be. With 3.33, he managed to present characters he doesn't like as unimportant,pathetic or weak, and to praise and glorify his favorite characters. It deeply affects the fanbase, and it's this effect Anno wanted.

There was never any need for a fourth movie once he had done this, which is also why he never thought he'd make a fourth.

Anno hasn't changed, and 4.0 will be another 3.0, mark my words.

>>144446245
Both of those are crap.

>>144446270
I don't think /a/ is pessimistic. I think you're an absolute moron though who can't think for himself or apply any sort of critical thought whatsoever. You just want to create a idol and a figurehead of Anno.

"No, that's not true", you say, or you want to reply. "He really doesn't want to be known for EVA", you say. Yet despite that, he chose to remake Evangelion and make it his biggest project, funding an entire studio to facilitate it's creation.

Protip: STOP MAKING IDOLS OUT OF OLD, JAPANESE MEN. STOP TREATING THEM AS MYSTIC OBJECTS FROM A FAR EASTERN LAND. THEY ARE NOT OLD WISE MAN ARCHETYPES.

The sooner you stop romanticizing reality, the sooner you'll grow up.
>>
File: 1468768701340[1].png (373KB, 1033x800px) Image search: [Google]
1468768701340[1].png
373KB, 1033x800px
>>144439537
>>
File: 1466611452986.png (431KB, 640x478px) Image search: [Google]
1466611452986.png
431KB, 640x478px
>>144440485
>>
>>144446330
Bullshit fanwankery on your part m8. Do you need Anno to tell you "Oh, by the way,I made EVA".

Literally kill yourself, you fucking moron. You're ruining everything for everyone else by pretending Anno is an innocent old man in Japan. You are enabling shit stories, toxic communities and more.
>>
>>144446245
>>144446270

Eva or not, I don't think you anons see what I'm getting at here.

He created the Eva movies to fund his own animation studio - an extremely wealthy studio at that - and now he's pretty much flat-out abandoned that studio to work on live-action projects. Aside from the anime expo, they haven't done anything significant since. Instead, the rest is just busywork, like commercials or lending a hand to other studios. He hasn't let anyone over there create any new and real shows, movies, etc of their own.

That's fickle as selfish as fuck.
>>
>>144446303
I love how reifags complain that asukafags ignore everything about rei while the reifags themselves ignore everything about asuka.
>>
>>144446375
see >>144446330
He's shown time and time again he's embarrassed by Eva and wants to work on non-Anime projects.

>>144446484
>Both of those are crap.
Confirmed for not having watched them, they're even better than EoE.

>>144446521
She didn't know who he was or that he made Eva, and when she asked about his works he showed his live-action films. Never ONCE did he mention Eva.
It's not something he's proud of or something he shows to clients. End of story.
It's a kiddie work to him.
>>
File: 14396777151410.jpg (100KB, 1192x894px) Image search: [Google]
14396777151410.jpg
100KB, 1192x894px
>>144446303
>Basically, Rei starts out at a minus -100 while Asuka starts out at a comfortable zero in comparison.
Take off your fetish glasses friend.
Asuka started a shit, she was just a butch without anything remotely entertaining and later onshe only got worse but we got some interesting character development as her personality coroded and she completely degraded and lost sanity.
That was a quality character.

Rei in other hand appeared as an intriguing and mistic figure, her introduction scene was herself trying to get into the robot with all bones broken, and later on she proceeds to show quite an interesting and unique character and develp to be even more as a person.
>>
>>144446587
It is the Reifag's nature to be a hypocrite.
>>
>>144446587
That post didn't ignore anything, though.
>>
File: 1459725794551.png (230KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1459725794551.png
230KB, 512x512px
>>144446595
>butch
bitch obviously
>>
>>144446587
I don't see me ignoring anything about Asuka here. Point it out, if you will.

>>144446595
I don't really disagree, you probably misunderstood me. I'm not saying Asuka is a poor character either, I'm commenting on their lives. In that regard, Rei starts out in absolutely inhuman conditions. Asuka lives a relatively normal life. Not perfect, but normal. Divorce, loss of parents or them walking out is not uncommon.

Being raised in a lab.... yeah.
>>
>>144446594
I just mentioned that it isn't only about Eva anymore.

Thanks to the Eva movies, he has an extremely wealthy animation studio under his belt. An animation studio that can actually fund and produce the shit they want to create. That was the purprose of the Expo shorts, was it not? To introduce the next line of anime directors?

So, where are their IPs? Where are their movies? Where are their shows?
>>
Let's ignore the waifu war for a while, I feel that Rei never came anywhere close to her potential as a character Thanks a lot Anno. The first few episodes had so much laid out for her to be extremely well developed, but no let's ignore all that until the very end.
>>
File: 1465603679528.png (886KB, 1020x734px) Image search: [Google]
1465603679528.png
886KB, 1020x734px
>>144439537
Asuka
>>
>>144446770
>So, where are their IPs? Where are their movies? Where are their shows?
The figure skating one is coming out next season, is it not?
Imaishi introduced his short's IP in Luluco
There's probably some other ones I'm forgetting
>>
>>144446594
>Confirmed for not having watched them, they're even better than EoE.
They were ridiculed for their pretentious nature.

>>144446594
>She didn't know who he was or that he made Eva, and when she asked about his works he showed his live-action films. Never ONCE did he mention Eva.
You believe this?

Someone working in the industry, not knowing who Anno is? Someone working in the industry, going through a process of meetings to work on a huge project named "Rebuild of Evangelion"? I mean, it's obvious he's working on Evangelion since he's there to well, literally work on Evangelion.

It's a work not necessary to show in this context in any way whatsoever.

You're a fucking idiot, end of story.
>>
File: from_rei_consisting.jpg (4KB, 300x57px) Image search: [Google]
from_rei_consisting.jpg
4KB, 300x57px
>>144446745
I really dislike when poeople diminish her original state.

She was not a doll, she was a zealot.
And it's not like she wasn't giving a fuck about anything, she was desperately trying to make some sense outta her life.
>>
>>144446770
>Thanks to the Eva movies, he has an extremely wealthy animation studio under his belt. An animation studio that can actually fund and produce the shit they want to create. That was the purprose of the Expo shorts, was it not? To introduce the next line of anime directors?

That was only a fan-made lie, which was spread to keep up Anno's good name. The purpose of the "shorts" is nothing but self-congratulation and a way to keep the studio which is doing absolutely nothing, busy.
>>
>>144446594
>She didn't know who he was or that he made Eva, and when she asked about his works he showed his live-action films. Never ONCE did he mention Eva.

Because Eva isn't live-action, you idiot.
Plus everyone and their mother in Japan already knows what Eva is, and that Anno created it.
>>
>>144446966
Yeah man. Don't disagree.
>>
>>144446910
>>144447000
You're retarded, it's right in her cast interview:
She probably knew what Eva is, but didn't know Anno is the director. And he's the one who never brought up Eva to her, he doesn't see it as a serious work he can show to other people to display his talents:

>ISE: Yes. In fact, I feel like getting this part was a turn of fate. When I was in high school, I starred in a series called Sugar Sugar Rune, and I was introduced to Anno-san when I had dinner with the mangaka Moyoco Anno and the rest of the cast. Like, “this is my husband, Hideaki Anno”. I was fearless back then, so I asked Anno-san, who’d been drinking wine by the window, “So, what stuff have you worked on?” I think everyone else just froze when I asked him that. (laughs) But he responded really kindly and said, “Look me up. I do some live action, so I’ll give you this”, and handed me a DVD of Love & Pop. I was so touched by that gesture, and I always wanted to work with him ever since.
>>
>>144446791
Rei was the only character besides Shinji that delivered on some of her potential though. Rei has a very high potential that could even involve an entirely new series with her as the MC to make use of it all.

In the original, it wasn't really necessary to deliver more than they did. There's just no time for it, it's 26 episodes and the story isn't about Rei, it's about Shinji and the rest of the cast which includes Rei. Every character gets a good portion of quality to make up a great whole.

Rei's part was not only fine, it was phenomenal and earned her a spot as NGE's most influential and impactful character.
>>
>>144446910
They received awards and are taken much more seriously than a kiddie work like Eva.
Nothing pretentious about them, unlike EoE.
It's so obvious you haven't watched them that it's grating.
>>
>>144447109
>You're retarded, it's right in her cast interview:
You're retarded, and the other posts have shown you why. She knew he had done EVA, she knew she was a director, and she's simply asking him what he had worked on. Besides EVA.

There's no reason for George Lucas to bring up that he's done Star Wars either.

Do you not realize how you've cancerously made up an entire narrative and fantasy about the whole situation? You are pathetic, End of Story.
>>
>>144446973
>That was only a fan-made lie, which was spread to keep up Anno's good name.

I honestly had some sliver of hope that the Anime expo wasn't just another means to an end to feed Anno's ego, and that they would be working on a myriad of their own unique shows and movies after they were finished with 4.0. ...But they haven't even fucking started 4.0.

I used to feel sympathy for Anno. I felt genuinely sorry for him during his little bitchfit breakdown after 3.0, understanding that he need to do a different project on the side to lessen the burden of 4.0...

But it's been 4 years and still fucking nothing. Still nothing substantial for the studio that he funded either, besides said expo and some co-joint studio stuff, like that upcoming Skating show. It really is all just coming off as busywork to keep them occupied.

This confirmation was the final straw for me; I no longer feel sympathy for the man. He truly is an egotistical cunt.
>>
>>144447242
It's so obvious that you're misinformed. Even the school-girls engaged in prostitution ridiculed the movie saying "that's totally not how it is", and it's obvious that the movie is pretentiously drawing up the issue.
>>
>>144447264
>She knew he had done EVA, she knew she was a director, and she's simply asking him what he had worked on.
No she didn't you fucking idiot, the interview right there shows she didn't know the guy. That's why she asked him what he does.
He showed her his live-action stuff, he even had a copy on him! He never once mentioned Eva.
He's not proud of Eva, he's proud of his other works, and that's why when asked what he did he tells her about them.

Stop fucking lying when a direct quote is given to you right here.
>>
>>144447347
Confirmed for not watching the movie, since it's not even about conventional prostitution you fucking retard.
I'd love a source on that fake quote though.
>>
>>144447350
Stop being retarded. Don't even see your own contradictions? If she didn't know who he was, or even that he was a director, why would she ask him what he's worked on?

You are literally pretending that industry people don't know one of the most famous people in the industry, at a private dinner with them.
>>
File: 1422741392864.jpg (91KB, 500x715px) Image search: [Google]
1422741392864.jpg
91KB, 500x715px
I want to have a cold Version of Rei
Dont dive me that poka
>>
>>144447333
From Animator Expo straight to Godzilla, it's not like he had time to do Eva
>>
>>144447333
Why did it take you so long?

Look at 3.33. That movie alone should have taught you that he is irredeemable. You just watched him attack Rei's character and rewrite the characters he liked into blown up idols. Do you even realize what you've contributed to by neglecting to see the truth?

Anno is able to get away with this due to people like you.
>>
>>144447459
Anno barely worked on Animator Expo.
>>
>>144447426
To make conversation you fucking retard. She didn't know he was a director until he told her.
Why the fuck would his wife introduce him if she knew him already?
Lots of people don't know who made what, she was just a high school girl at the time and there's no reason why she should know the director of some otaku work. Gundam is even more popular than Eva and who directed it isn't common knowledge either.

She was there to work on a project with his wife, he introduced himself as a live-action director. He didn't mention Eva. End of story:

>ISE: Yes. In fact, I feel like getting this part was a turn of fate. When I was in high school, I starred in a series called Sugar Sugar Rune, and I was introduced to Anno-san when I had dinner with the mangaka Moyoco Anno and the rest of the cast. Like, “this is my husband, Hideaki Anno”. I was fearless back then, so I asked Anno-san, who’d been drinking wine by the window, “So, what stuff have you worked on?” I think everyone else just froze when I asked him that. (laughs) But he responded really kindly and said, “Look me up. I do some live action, so I’ll give you this”, and handed me a DVD of Love & Pop. I was so touched by that gesture, and I always wanted to work with him ever since.
>>
>>144447459
Meanwhile the studio he created is basically doing jack-shit.

It's not like he hired numerous studios to work on Rebuild - no - he created his own studio, which is sitting on fuck-ton of money, and they're not doing jack with it because Anno conveniently decided that animation isn't his thing anymore.

How can you NOT see this as fucked up or egotistical?
>>
>>144447564
>To make conversation you fucking retard. She didn't know he was a director until he told her.
Holy shit. You're now inventing entire conversations.

Just stop. This is pathetic.
>>
>>144447589
>It's not like he hired numerous studios to work on Rebuild
But he did you dumbass. In 3.0, there was animation work done by Production I.G., Trigger, Shaft, and even fucking Ufotable.
That's why on their website they are currently asking for animators to prepare for upcoming projects.
>>
>>144447494
>muh Rei is so MARGINALIZED
You really need to stop.
>>
>>144447623
It says right there she didn't know he was the director of Eva, he introduced himself as a live-action director.
Stop lying and admit you were fucking wrong.

>“Look me up. I do some live action, so I’ll give you this”
>>
>>144447494
Fuck off Reifag, stop talking about Rei. Everyone else in that movie was trashed as well. Holy fuck you've been going at this same argument for 4 years, you pathetic autist.

>Anno is able to get away with this due to people like you.

Well not anymore. I cant believe other people in the thread are genuinely defending him and the incompetence that brought onto his animation studio. My respect for him is now zero. I don't care how good 4.0 turns out to be (if it ever comes out) I no longer respect this man if this is how he treats his own studio that he funded. Just discards them with busywork shit.
>>
>>144447138
She's not even the most influential character voiced by Hayashibara, let alone in Eva.
>>
>>144447695
>It says right there she didn't know he was the director of Eva, he introduced himself as a live-action director.

Hahaha, no it doesn't. How does it feel to be delusional?
>>
Daily reminder rei had sex with gendo. Hence her bed is larger than a simple single size.
>>
File: 8e417ce8f0752b899a4ef31918f0efcf.jpg (116KB, 800x1600px) Image search: [Google]
8e417ce8f0752b899a4ef31918f0efcf.jpg
116KB, 800x1600px
>>144447676
>>144447728
Literally TUMBLR has spoken
>Marginalized
>stop
>this is not a competition everyone else got shit so your argument about getting sht is invalid.

HolY shit
You run some feminist tier rhetoric, as if you actually were one.
>>
>>144447734
Oh fuck off butthurt Asukafag.
>>
>>144447789
Okay, you're just trolling at this point because you got BTFO.
>>
>>144447728
>b-but everyone else...!
See, you're doing it again. Refusing to see the truth. How long will it take you to see this truth, I wonder?

I can't believe you are genuniely defending Anno by refusing to see the truth. You don't have to be a Reifag to see this, but you clearly have some fandom-related problem.
>>
>>144447824
It's true though, even Rina Inverse is more iconic and popular than Rei, Rina was beating Rei in the polls all the way up to the 2000s.
>>
>>144447838
>>144447789
The interview doesn't say that she didn't know who she was or what she had worked on. It only says she knew little about Evangelion.
You are so dumb you think that she didn't know who she was, and you've created this delusion in your mind that you are currently defending.

It's so extremely unlikely that your situation actually happened, yet you defend it. That is why you are delusional.

So tell me, how does it feel?
>>
File: 1450392600032.jpg (57KB, 492x675px) Image search: [Google]
1450392600032.jpg
57KB, 492x675px
>>144447822
>he doesn't understand humor
You know I was making fun of Reifags right? Figures an autist lover such as yourself has no idea.
>>
File: Rem_Anime.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Rem_Anime.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>144447734
Ayanami Rei is the most influental character in Japanese animation as whole.

Fucking this season we're still getting Ayanami Rei inspired animugirls.
And she also won Newtype wote for the best girls of the 90s the second was Saber and Asuka wasn't even on the list.
>>
>>144447919
Stop trolling and just admit you fucked up.
If she knew who he was Moyoco wouldn't have introduced him like that and Anno wouldn't have told her what he does for a living.
Fucking dumb.
>>
>>144447877
Figures because Hayashibara was playing to her strengths instead of playing the placative fuckpuppet cocksleeve known as Rei "Give me the Gendo Salami" Ayanami.
>>
>>144447877
Uh-huh. So where is the "iconic" Lina Inverse nowadays? I see them raising statues of Rei and Rei re-appearing in popularity polls decades after, but there's no Lina in sight. I see Rei credited as an icon in women's magazines, nicknamed "The Premium Girl" for her recognizability, and more.

So tell me, what is your fucking problem that you need to pretend that Lina is more iconic than a character so iconic she is the figurehead of municipal programs in Japan, and a face of the state "Cool Japan!" program of the foreign ministry?

It didn't even have something to do with the situation, it was about narrative character potential. Hell what you brought up doesn't even mean anything IF your delusions were somehow right, because you don't have to be the most popular to have a cultural impact.

What is wrong with you?
>>
>>144447974
Rem is nothing like Rei, they both just have blue hair.

And Rei was getting beaten hard by Rina in the 90s, she's nowhere near the most influential character in Anime. Bring up someone like Kira and Lelouch who still ranks years after his Anime ended.
>>
>>144447974
>muh cultural touchstone miracle babby
Really? This again? You do know Cyber Newtypes were a thing, right? Rei is hardly novel.
>>
>>144439537
Why is no one bothered by OP's question not matching the order of girls in the picture?
>>
>>144447986
Moyoco introduces her husband that she hasn't met at a dinner than them. I know you're autistic, but this is some common courtesy right there.
Not only that, you're lying about several things earlier, the latest lie being that Anno told her that he's a director for a living.

No you moron, the interview clearly states
>But he responded really kindly and said, “Look me up. I also do some live action, so I’ll give you this”, and handed me a DVD of Love & Pop. I was so touched by that gesture, and I always wanted to work with him ever since.

which has NOTHING from Anno saying he's a director. In fact both the nature of the question asked and answer implicitly states that both knew he was a director. He doesn't even say he "does live action", no.

He says he ALSO does Live Action, in addition to what he actually does.

Just admit you're delusional. You have problems. You fucked up, and you're so smallminded, so ugly of a person that you can't even admit it with full anonymity. Reflect on how shit you are as a person.
>>
>>144448112
Because we all know OP is a shitty illiterate Asukafag that needs to die.
>>
>>144448196
>Reifags are this upset by the mere implication that Asuka is better than Rei
Anno just needs to deliver the final blow already so you can all mass-suicide. Reading Reifag posts is worse than grandpa dying.
>>
>>144448087
>>144448062
>>144448019
>>144447877
Here he comes again, the notorious FIREPOSTIN' SHITPOSTIN' ASUKAFAG!

Ever noticed how serious discussion drops dead once Asukafags realize they're getting beat? Well it's about to start. Again, and it will always be this way because of how absolutely retarded Asukafags are.

Reminder that you have no right to complain about the state of threads, because you never did your part against the fireposter, shitposting Asukafags.
>>
>>144448052
>I see them raising statues of Rei and Rei re-appearing in popularity polls decades after
The statues are thanks to Eva's popularity which Rei is just riding on, she doesn't reappear in popularity polls unless the other Eva characters are on it.
She was nicknamed the Premium Girl for being to sell out a lot of Otaku merchandise, that isn't exactly a good thing. She's a niche character for a niche sadistic fanbase.

>a face of the state "Cool Japan!"
That would be both Asuka and Rei. Again, riding on Eva's popularity.

If Rei is as iconic and popular as you say, she wouldn't be getting her ass served to her by Rina.
>>
File: Akira_Rei.jpg (443KB, 1818x1021px) Image search: [Google]
Akira_Rei.jpg
443KB, 1818x1021px
>>144448062
>Rem is nothing like Rei, they both just have blue hair.
You simply don't know Rei.
Rem has a very similar role, similar relationship with the rest of the cast, same traits (isolationism, devotion, martyrship) and same course of character development.
Rem is not exactly Rei, but she follows her recipie very closely.

Also Akira Yamamoto from Yamato 2199 was admitted in the interview to be a direct tribute of respect to Ayanami Rei.
>>
File: rip.jpg (202KB, 593x795px) Image search: [Google]
rip.jpg
202KB, 593x795px
>>
File: 1468875132389.gif (321KB, 161x169px) Image search: [Google]
1468875132389.gif
321KB, 161x169px
>>144448259
>legitimate points brought up with examples from past anime
>he shitpost because he talk bad about muh whyfoo xD
>>
>>144448179
If she knew what he did, she wouldn't ask him and he wouldn't tell her to look him up dumbass.
He introduced himself as a live-action director and never once mentioned Eva.
He carries a copy of Love & Pop, not Eva.
End of discussion.
>>
>>144448303
>Japan in charge of having good taste
>Umi not even in the top 10
>>
>>144448259
You do know that's at least three different posters right? Reifag delusion seems to have no end.
>>
>>144448295
Tell me how Rem and Rei are similar, all I'm seeing is blue hair.

And no one said Rei didn't have characters inspired from her, but she's not the only one to do so. Even other Eva characters have the same to this day. Kaworu had one literally last season.
>>
File: cooljapan.jpg (85KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
cooljapan.jpg
85KB, 600x800px
>>144448260
>The statues are thanks to Eva's popularity which Rei is just riding on,
Rei made Evangelion's popularity, and is herself an icon. Rei is a part of Evangelion, despite how much of an ugly otaku you are who hates the character. Sorry!

>she doesn't reappear in popularity polls unless the other Eva characters are on it.
Why the hell wouldn't other EVA characters be on the polls if Rei is available for selection? Rei appears high tier, above the rest in 99% of the cases. Lina is nowhere to be seen. I like Lina and Slayers, but you're absolutely pathetic.

>She was nicknamed the Premium Girl for being to sell out a lot of Otaku merchandise, that isn't exactly a good thing. She's a niche character for a niche sadistic fanbase.
So because you can't deal with Rei's popularity and status as an icon, you make shit up about the audience that likes her - typical jealous otaku scum. Stop projecting.

>That would be both Asuka and Rei. Again, riding on Eva's popularity.
Nope, just Rei. Sorry kid.

>If Rei is as iconic and popular as you say, she wouldn't be getting her ass served to her by Rina.
Rei never got her ass served to her by Lina.

Sorry, but all you're doing is showing that Rei-haters are insistent pests.
>>
File: 1433515277216.png (56KB, 339x298px) Image search: [Google]
1433515277216.png
56KB, 339x298px
>>144448432
>Rei made Evangelion's popularity
>ugly otaku
>typical jealous otaku scum.
>Sorry kid
Where the hell do you think you are, sprout?
>>
File: 06476.png (69KB, 231x235px) Image search: [Google]
06476.png
69KB, 231x235px
>>144448432
This is just next level shitposting
>>
>>144448333
She didn't ask him what he DID, he asked what he had WORKED ON, as a director.

You are delusional and need help. Reflect on how extremely pathetic you are.
>>
>>144448486
Why the fuck would she ask him what he worked on if she knew he was the director of Eva?
Fuck off already you autist.

He carries Love & Pop around with him, not Eva. It's obvious what he wants to be remembered for.
That's why he's working on Godzilla right now and not Eva, remember?
>>
>>144448483
>>144448480
Here comes the butthurt and jealous Asuakfags. If Rei was "merely riding EVA's popularity", why isn't Lina doing the same? What's that, not popular or iconic enough? Oh wow.

When, oh when will you accept the truth for what it was? What is it about Evangelion and Rei you can't accept? This part of history is already written.
>>
File: a_1999.jpg (173KB, 1000x719px) Image search: [Google]
a_1999.jpg
173KB, 1000x719px
>Rei is more popular than Rina they said
>>
>>144448572
I still saw no legitimate response to >>144448087
>>
>>144448544
He's made three Evangelion movies, and one Godzilla flick. About to make a fourth Evangelion movie. Gee, it would seem that three > two.

>Why the fuck would she ask him what he worked on
Because she knows he's a director, because she already knows like everyone else that he worked on Evangelion.
>>
File: 1451025722317.jpg (14KB, 215x223px) Image search: [Google]
1451025722317.jpg
14KB, 215x223px
>>144448626
>even Mononoke is more popular than Rei
>>
>>144448572
Rina is so iconic that the Rei that shows up in ep 26 is literally called "Rina Rei"
>>
File: 1437342115830.jpg (138KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1437342115830.jpg
138KB, 1024x768px
>>144448626
>>144448686
Stop samefagging, fireposter.
>>
>>144448676
>she already knows like everyone else that he worked on Evangelion
But she didn't, that's why she asked what he works on and why he told her to look him up you fucking dumbass.
>>
File: 1462694519954.jpg (25KB, 267x337px) Image search: [Google]
1462694519954.jpg
25KB, 267x337px
>>144447865
The truth now is that he doesn't give a fuck about Evangelion or animation anymore, period.

This "favorites" game of yours doesn't even exist. As the other anon pointed out, he didn't even mention that he was the director of Evangelion. That alone is proof that he's done with Eva as a whole.

Instead, it's now clear that his anime studio is just there to fund more money in his pockets. Not for the betterment of an already stagnating industry - even though they have the funds to create some big game-changers now - but to fuel his ego as he moves off to work on live-action pet projects.

There are so many other people in the industry who WISH they could create a work as popular and as groundbreaking as Eva. There are studios out there BEGGING execs and producers to create their own ideas rather than fill the standard shonen/moe/idol/ecchi role in order to bring in stable viewers and a steady flow of cash.

Instead, here is a man who has EVERYTHING going for him and his studio - he created on of the most iconic works in his medium and has control over an extremely wealthy studio - and he fucks off to live action because suddenly decides that he's bored with anime. He doesn't even give his own anime studio the say to create their own shows and IPs - instead everything has be under his name and word even though he no longer gives a fuck. Instead he gives them busy projects like the anime expo that don't really amount to jack shit. It's been 4 fucking years and even a dead-broke studio like Trigger has created more notable work in this regard. At least they're fucking trying.

All I see now is a fucking egotistical, self-centered, conceited cunt.
>>
File: 14361179575210.png (224KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
14361179575210.png
224KB, 1920x1080px
>>144448431
> characters inspired from he
Well there's literally a legion of direct Reiclones, just a fucking shitton of them.
The most interesting was Eureka the rest seemed just Rei's pale shadow and boring.

>Tell me how Rem and Rei are similar, all I'm seeing is blue hair.
Rem began as a harsh and unsocial character.
Very abrasive and distrustful to everyone except her precious Ram (Gendo)
Traumatized, doesn't look for any contact, doesnt talk shit.

Like Rei she shows excellency in everything she does, she cleas cooks and crops Prefectly.
Rei had perfect marks at school and did everything she had to PERFECTLY.

Later on like Rei she was touched by niceness of MC and became dovoted to him
Went nuts and tried to get herself killed for him

Actually THE ONLY difference between them is that Rem doesn't keep a stoneface.
thats it, she emotes unlike Rei.
Literally everithing else she does as Rei would do
>>
>>144448737
The dude's probably more of a Linafag than your spooky scary fireposter. That said, there really needs to be fireposter OC. This select piece of Reifag folklore has quite the potential.
>>
File: 1437342319398.jpg (81KB, 651x530px) Image search: [Google]
1437342319398.jpg
81KB, 651x530px
>>144448572
>>144448626
>>144448716
>>144448686
Let's see, one voice actor joke, and one popularity poll for a single month, four years after the NGE TV-series while the Slayers anime is more recent.

Here you go, a popularity ranking from 2015. I don't see Lina here. Do you?
>>
>>144448782
There actually aren't that many.
Even Shinji has more clones than Rei.

But that's just the typical kuudere formula, and it was done before Rei so it can't be inspired by Rei.
Hotaru and even Ruri have more impact on the industry.
>>
File: 2.jpg (91KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
91KB, 960x540px
>>144448626
There's really no contest. Rei is far more popular, and far more featured in Japanese media than Lina.
>>
>>144448844
The Eva characters are only on there because the Blu-Ray was announced.
Pick any other month and they aren't there.
Unlike Kira and Lelouch for example.
>>
>>144448844
>>144448898
>still absoultely no response to >>144448087
>ad populum
>implying Japan has any semblance of taste whatsoever
Embarassing.
>>
>>144448898
>Rei in 8th place
Kek, even beaten by One Piss. How embarrassing.
>>
>>144448761
>This "favorites" game of yours doesn't even exist.

Oh well. You spent the last, what, four years denying the truth, what's another four right? You had to cave in and accept the facts that indeed, Anno was selfish and egotistical.
Despite all the facts laid out for you, you've observed how differently the characters are treated, you've gotten proof of his preference, and yet you still deny it.

The truth is that he doesn't give a crap about Evangelion beyond making money on it, and popularizing his favorite characters. It's not speculation, it's what he's been doing for the past decade or so if not even longer.
>>
>>144448959
>>144448933
>>144448938
>WAAH WAAAH ITS NOT FAIR!
>REI IS MORE POPULAR THAN MY FAVORITE CHARACTER, IT'S NOT FAIR!
>>
>>144448888
>Ruri
>a character that has been confirmed to be based on Rei
>more impact

Like, is anyone seeing this? How angry Rei's popularity makes some people? It's not even something that relates to the discussion all that well, you genuinely have Asukafags hating the fact that Rei was super-popular among the audience.
>>
File: 8095675677.jpg (53KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
8095675677.jpg
53KB, 640x480px
>>144449004
Rei, beaten by One Piss and even Usagi. How influential.

Pretty funny how you said she was the most iconic in all of Anime but can't even break top 5.
>>
Are there really people arguing thare Rei didn't spawn an entire legion of characters designed after her?
>>
This thread should stand testament to how insane otaku can get. The Asuka otaku and other otaku (that Lina Otaku) simply starts fuming when they are reminded that Rei is more popular than their character.
>>
File: 1461705654759.jpg (119KB, 600x848px) Image search: [Google]
1461705654759.jpg
119KB, 600x848px
I prefer Asuka. But they are both excellent choices
I wish I could have both.

I wish I could have something.
>>
>>144449047
How could she have been based on Rei when her series aired around the same time as Eva?
>>
>>144448968
This isn't just about Evangelion anymore. This is about Anno having everything handed to him on a silver platter - the financial stability and offers that most other anime directors would've dreamed of - and doing fuck-all with it because he conveniently decided that he was bored of animation. He has the power to fund some truly great projects coming from new generation of animators and directors working under his studio - and he doesn't do jack fucking shit. He gives them busywork. He goes off to work on Godzilla while they twiddle their thumbs.

At least I had the impression (or rather, the hope) that he was co-directing 4.0 and Godzilla simultaneously. Or at least allowing a few of his new and budding directors to create their own shows, maybe even their own OVAs. But nope.

It's almost insulting.
>>
>>144449060
>hur dur u said she was dda most iconic=!
Uh, no. I ctrl+f'd the thread and basically, there's a guy claiming Lina was more iconic.
>>
>>144448888
>1488
Rei Heil!
>But that's just the typical kuudere formula,
Rei wrote it.
Rei made Kuudere a thing and made it popular.

And fuck me there's a lot of them.
The problem is they are all the same and boring copies of Rei.
in 90s and 00s literally ever poor quality shit show resorted to Reiclone to get watcher attention.

Busou Renkin and many shows i can't remember.
Some Rei clones turned out to be amazing though.
>>
>>144449062
Rei herself is inspired by other characters so it's not really impressive.
Shinji still has more clones than her, as he brought something new to the industry unlike Rei.
>>
>>144449162
It ran after Evangelion.
>>
>>144449196
Exactly, and the Reifags are still choosing not to acknowledge cyber newtypes.
>>
>>144449193
>Rei wrote it.
That can't be possible because it existed long before Rei.
>>
File: 1461133175171.jpg (188KB, 713x794px) Image search: [Google]
1461133175171.jpg
188KB, 713x794px
>>144448938
>>still absoultely no response to
I officially respond to you
I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT YOR GUNDAM SHIT HOLY FUCK
>>
>>144441507
>canon matters
>>
>>144449230
>>144449196
>>144448087
Laughing at this Asukafag thinking that the existence of cyber newtypes actually means something.

I mean, fucking hello. It only shows you how absolutely lowbrow and uninformed Asuka fans are. Fucking Cyber Newtypes? Because what, they're clones? Do you think the Cyber Newtype is the first or even last appearance of a clone in anime prior to Rei?

I just can't comprehend how Asuakfags can be so unintelligent. I mean this is some next level shit. They're on the level of ten year olds.
>>
>>144449193
Rei herself is a shallow character, so of course her clones will be shallow and unoriginal as well.

Clones of the other Eva characters have much more thought put into them and become interesting characters in themselves.
>>
>>144449149
Fuck off asukafag
>>
>>144449193
>Rei MADE muh kuudere or close enough!
What is Sylia Stingray?
What is Lalah?
What is Ple Two?
What is Haman Karn (arguably one of the best if you want to slate her as Kuudere)

>>144449302
>finally a response
>They had no bearing on Rei, whatsoever!
Uh huh. Okay because Four Masamune or any of the Purus etc. had no bearing on Rei's core character whatsoever. You're a riot.

>>144449254
Typical sub 100 anime seen Reifag. This really closes the case.
>>
File: CHoK7tuUYAIBApS.png (518KB, 839x1100px) Image search: [Google]
CHoK7tuUYAIBApS.png
518KB, 839x1100px
>>144449149

Asukaposting
>>
File: 1467255776771.jpg (36KB, 686x564px) Image search: [Google]
1467255776771.jpg
36KB, 686x564px
>>144449254
Your average Reifag. Such a broad knowledge of anime and respect for the history of mecha, not to mention his beloved Rei.
>>
>>144449181
What's insulting here is how in denial you are, man. That you actually thought he'd direct the two at the same time, and that you probably insisted on how it was true despite every single evidence pointing in the other direction, despite the fact that you had no proof, just shows you how deep otaku delusion can go.

Anno is very well off, and he did great work in the past and so I don't mind him resting on his laurels at all. But here is where reality kicks in, and you start denying. He can do whatever he wants, but what does he want? He's a major otaku with a hateboner for Rei, and a love for Asuka and Kaworu.

Why can you not logically connect the Rebuilds with everything Anno has uncritically presented himself as for the past twenty years? Are you incapable of asking yourself:

"What would such a man do, given control and freedom?"
>>
>>144449196
>>144449244
But even if you say that the type existed before, there's a difference between being a trope make and a trope codifier

That legion of nonhuman kuuderes with nonstandard hair color is designed with the intention of imitate Rei, not some less famous similar character that might have existed before
>>
>evangelame
>>
File: r1462196344654.png (207KB, 449x511px) Image search: [Google]
r1462196344654.png
207KB, 449x511px
>>144449187
see >>144447974
>Ayanami Rei is the most influental character in Japanese animation as whole.
see >>144448432

Both are wrong as we see Rei in this thread getting terribly beaten by other Anime characters many times and we see other Eva characters are very popular as well.
If she was as influential as you say, she wouldn't be less recognizable and less popular than Nami from One Piece. And she is.
Pretty embarrassing, if I do say so myself.

I remember last week there was a thread on /a/ asking Rei vs. Yuki from Haruhi and everyone chose Yuki, too.
>>
File: 1466723099547.jpg (137KB, 540x706px) Image search: [Google]
1466723099547.jpg
137KB, 540x706px
>>144449392
>>
File: 1414596821883.png (871KB, 1504x2124px) Image search: [Google]
1414596821883.png
871KB, 1504x2124px
>>144449244
>hat can't be possible because it existed long before Rei.
>>144449230
>cyber newtypes.
Beep boop i am not robot beeep i am human
that existed since forever and had nothing to do with Rei.
Fucking Robocop isn't Rei's daddy.

According to interview material provided with Manga Rei is made of two things:
1 Sailor Mercury
2 destroying the sex doll stereotype.
When her character was written they wanted to make her appear as popular in that time no will no power fuckdoll characters.
Rei was intended to appear as one in the beginning, then to show massive strength and willpower, her very owm and sold SELF, and then to turn back at the viewer and say "I am not your doll" and walk away.
That was Rei's premise.
>>
>>144449417
>>144449371
Asukafag, please. That you can only come up with popular examples such as Gundam just tells me you're some mecha otaku butthurt about Rei's popularity.

What the Reifags have been telling you is the equivalent of "so fucking what, Ple/Four are hardly the first clones or lab-grown people, nor the last.".
Fiction, and anime especially, are literally full of them.

You seem to be entirely unable to grasp that it is the combination of all these factors that make them unique, and the execution. The fact that Rei is the one that is credited with popularizing a specific archetype is testament to the icon-status.

You hate it because you're jelaous, petty otaku.
>>
File: 1467007526447.jpg (63KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1467007526447.jpg
63KB, 960x720px
>>144449392
>everything about this picture
Do you have any idea the lengths I'd go to to have Asuka approach me in that outfit? The amount of blood, swet and tears that I'd shed? The exact extent of horror, pain, anguish and dread I'd surmount if only to witness her pristine grace?

That image is a treasure.

>>144449526
Same with this doujin.
>>
It's always funny to see people trying to objectivally prove their favorite girl is the "best" one, as if that was empirically possible.
>inb4 butthurt Asukafag
I don't need other people to validate my own opinion and tastes
>>
>>144449524
This is why you're insane. None of your posts mention "iconic", and popularity and influence are two different things altogether.
>>
>>144449529
>2 destroying the sex doll stereotype.
>When her character was written they wanted to make her appear as popular in that time no will no power fuckdoll characters.
This isn't true as far as I know, I have never seen any evidence for it, and if you have it, show it.

Otherwise, stop spreading lies.
>>
File: 1421042447288.gif (2MB, 492x492px) Image search: [Google]
1421042447288.gif
2MB, 492x492px
>>144449594
How can Rei be iconic if she's getting her ass handed to her by Nami from One Piss?
>>
>>144449529
>strawmanning with one of the best movies to come out of the West
You shame Rei.

>>144449529
>Sailor Mercury
>a fuckdoll
Amichan had and will always have more personality AND more competence than Rei ever had or will.

>muh massive strength and willpower
You mean the one she aquires because of a LITERAL Deux Ex Machina? Don't make me laugh, Rei is a joke.

>>144449545
>muh credit
You literally posted yourself Rei is not novel at all, I merely provided specific examples where you were unable to.
>>
>>144449584
It's possible to prove one or two things, however preference is personal.

When Rei is consistently credited and acclaimed, and is the highest rated character in Evangelion, we can make a simple statement that "Yeah, Rei was the most popular" or similar.
But Asukafags are livid and enraged by this fact.

They are ugly people, those who do this.
>>
>>144449193
You're mixing up Kuudere and Dandere.
Kuudere is for characters like Holo, Homura or CC.
>>
>>144449639
I actually remember a quote from Anno stating that he didn't want Rei to be popular, or at least that's what some Reifags state. I wonder how that cognitive dissonance is treating our little Reifag here.
>>
>>144449670
Rephrase that, how iconic is Lina if she's below Rei then?

Basically, you're retarded. Why are you even trying?

>>144449687
Fuck off Rei-hater.
>>
File: 1409403811552.png (430KB, 492x750px) Image search: [Google]
1409403811552.png
430KB, 492x750px
>>144449524
Yes Rei was a tribute to Sailor Mercury.

And yes she grew more meaningful and more important than Mercury herself.
Rei just is MORE, more character, more drama, more attention, more depth and more to talk about.

The rest of the history were influenced by Ayanami Rei's appeal, not by Mercury, because Rei outweights Mercury by several magnitudes.
>>
>>144449421
Stop bringing everything back to Rei. Rei isn't the only character who got "fucked over" in Rebuild, not by a long shot.

Misato, Kaji, Ritsuko, Fuyutsuki, Gendo and so on - all have it way worse than your precious little Rei. Your precious little Rei had two whole Rebuild movies dedicated to her and her little cute relationship with Shinji. She's absent for one film and you neckbeard autists blow your goddamn lid and take everything out of line.

And Misato was one of Anno's favorites. Explain why she's consistently shat on in Rebuild from a popularity and character perspective?

> He's a major otaku with a hateboner for Rei, and a love for Asuka and Kaworu

No, he doesn't give a fuck about Evangelion anymore period. And that's fine. What's wrong is that he does nothing with his studio.
>>
I see way more Shinji clones in Anime than Rei clones. Does this mean Shinji is the more iconic character in the industry?
>>
File: 1467173479491.jpg (75KB, 477x530px) Image search: [Google]
1467173479491.jpg
75KB, 477x530px
>>144449763
>only counter-argument (if you could call it that) is
>Fuck off Rei-hater.
You can't make this shit up.
>>
I can't believe how jealous and mad people are about Rei. We've got Asukafags hating on Rei, and some other butthurt character-otaku who's angry because Rei is seen as more popular going by polls.

This is what otaku are like, gentlemen. These insane people will stop at nothing to shit on other characters, and Asukafags should be ashamed of themselves especially.
>>
File: 1464000238124.jpg (1MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1464000238124.jpg
1MB, 2560x1920px
>>144449574

It is my favorite Asuka pic.
>>
>>144449763
How iconic is Rei if she's below Nami? And even Usagi going by that same poll?
>>
>>144449773
Rei is a rushed character of cliche tropes in the original.
Every major character in Sailor Moon had more depth than her.
>>
>>144449687
>ou mean the one she aquires because of a LITERAL Deux Ex Machina? Don't make me laugh, Rei is a joke
Not physical strength you retard.

Rei is the only character who is going to stand up from the bed with broken bones to get nto the robot.
>>
>>144449782
>Stop bringing everything back to Rei. Rei isn't the only character who got "fucked over" in Rebuild, not by a long shot.
I will once you stop ignoring the core of the problem.
I will once you stop deluding yourself with the nonsense you just posted.

You simply are wrong, anon. All the evidence is not in your favor. All you do every post is say "no, that's not true", going full on denial. What the hell is it going to take for you to get out of your denial phase?
I'm not saying there are other problems. But this is the core of the problem, the other characters are as poor as this only as a result.
>>
File: 1450732667605.jpg (136KB, 880x1249px) Image search: [Google]
1450732667605.jpg
136KB, 880x1249px
>>144449574

doujin link please
>>
File: Nami_face.jpg (26KB, 375x281px) Image search: [Google]
Nami_face.jpg
26KB, 375x281px
Who N/a/mi here?
>>
File: party_hard.jpg (415KB, 958x658px) Image search: [Google]
party_hard.jpg
415KB, 958x658px
>>144449720
Poster above me mixed them and i chose not to argue overuse of words.
>>
>>144449832
Asukafags are rabid while Reifags are more autistic, what else is new.

The only decent waifufag sect out of the lot are the Misatofags anyway.
>>
>>144449832
>>144449773
>muh big bad otaku
>muh MORE
So let me get this straight. Reifags are in actuality, insecure incels who want to distance themselves from the otaku label instead of just accepting that's where they fall in and can't construct an argument to save their lives?

>>144449891
>strawmanning my argument into physical strength then going with physical strength anyhow
Sasuga. No, I only meant she was able to defy Gendo by having Adam thrown into her. Keep in mind at this point she has already died about 2 times or so.
>>
>>144449844
Now, how iconic is your Rina if she's below all of them?
>>
>>144449891
Rei had to be dragged by hospital bed to the robot, and then caught by a 14 year old pussy because she couldn't even balance herself.
Weak as fuck, m8.
>>
>>144449956
Asukafags are more autistic. Take the fireposting, samefagging fireposter ITT. He is a rabid autist.
>>
>>144449921
I don't spoonfeed, especially not doujinshi of my waifu. That being said, you should recognize the artstyle.
>>
>>144449978
Iconic enough to have one of Rei's names be based off of her by the fanbase.
>>
File: 1465144134028.jpg (361KB, 1200x1692px) Image search: [Google]
1465144134028.jpg
361KB, 1200x1692px
>>144450017

Okay hentai connoisseur faggot.
>>
>>144450022
In other words, not iconic at all.
>>
>>144449915
The truth is that Anno doesn't care about the quality of Eva as a whole anymore and that the movies are just fanservice dedicated towards a specific audience in the Evangelion fandom

>1.0 - nostalgia fags
>2.0 - Reifags
>3.0 - Kaworufags
>4.0 will probably be for Asukafags.

You autists already got your serving of fanservice in 2.0. Hell, you were satiated with 1. 0 as well. If anything all of the Rei fanservice in 1.0 and 2.0 has made your lot spoiled and entitled, which is why they threw a delusional bitch-fit with Rei Q in 3.0.
>>
File: 1451346419747.png (5KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
1451346419747.png
5KB, 240x240px
>>144450045
You're not wrong. Nothing personal anyway.
>>
Man, Asukafags and Rei-haters getting blown the fuck out hard in this thread.
>>
File: 1443325680529.jpg (67KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1443325680529.jpg
67KB, 1280x720px
>>144450084
So hard you had to devote a post solely to announcing this "fact", right? Don't worry we all believe you.
>>
>>144449835
I commend your taste.
>>
File: Smile_cute.jpg (362KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
Smile_cute.jpg
362KB, 700x700px
>>144449887
>hurrr
>I say so therefore it is
Nigger i don't give arbitrary comparison of quality because i don't have scales to measure exactly how much Rei > Everything Else.

However what i provide is observations of influence and history of industry.
Because Ayanami Rei has left the biggest footprint on entire Japanese pop-culture than any other anime girl ever.

>"The release in October 1995 of Neon Genesis Evangelion on Japanese TV ignited a boom in merchandise unprecedented in a country already awash with such goods. As if overnight, well over 600 different items were made to commemorate the event. Figures were the most popular, with the inimitable bandaged Rei outselling all else. The Eva girls, kitted out in swimwear and striking suggestive poses, were, overall, a huge success, and things went a bit too far…" pg 126 of Fujie 2004. See also: "Arguably, it is because of Anno's dictates on design that few Evangelion toys were initially made. But figures of Rei, in all her bandaged beauty, sold like wild fire. This is probably the first and only example of an animated [mecha] series where reproductions of the human characters outsold those of the robots." pg 98.
http://evangelion.wikia.com/wiki/Rei_Ayanami
Here are references with sources.

Rei has taken inspiration from places, however shw was THE BIGGEST BOOM EVER.
>>
File: 1463961239157.jpg (208KB, 949x950px) Image search: [Google]
1463961239157.jpg
208KB, 949x950px
If you got a free daki, which of these do you choose?
>>
>>144450075
Your little theory falls apart, as 2.0 was objectively more generous with Asuka, and there's citations from the staff that they took care to not hurt the Asuka fans.

I think the problem is that you simply don't want to admit you were wrong. What remains an unviolated principle in all Rebuilds, is indeed that Anno looks after his favorite characters while setting up the rest for failure. You say Anno doesn't care about quality, but why is that? Why wouldn't he care about quality? Because his mind is elsewhere. On making his waifus look good. That is death to quality.

No matter how long it takes, one day before you die you will come to accept that this is the reality of Anno and his Evangelion.
>>
>>144450053
Either is Rei "Drenched in One Piss" Ayanami
>>
>>144450166
None of them because dakis are degenerate.
>>
>>144450166
Asuka obviously. Shame about the western-esque art.
>>
>>144450160
Listen, m8. This insane Rei-hater clearly doesn't respond to reason. You should just lambast the cuck for inventing shit and trying to downplay Rei's popularity and character.

They can't do it using the canon, so they expand further out into the real world by criticizing Rei's fans and trying to pretend she wasn't popular or liked at all. When that fails, you get spam attacks and ad hominem for ever and ever.

Shitposts like these:
>>144450179

is all you'll ever get.
>>
>>144450160
Nowhere there does it say the biggest boom ever, and says Eva in GENERAL, not Rei.

Rei got beated by Nami from One Piece, if she can't even win over her she can't earn any memorable title in Anime.
>>
>>144450168
>Your little theory falls apart, as 2.0 was objectively more generous with Asuka,

Except it wasn't?
If anything 3.0 was more generous for Asuka from a fanservice perspective.

2.0 was straight-up fanservice for the Reifags and it shows in how many supported the movie and its ending.

>one day before you die you will come to accept that this is the reality of Anno and his Evangelion.

That his interest in the franchise has long-since waned and that he now uses it solely for money and nothing else?
>>
File: gXbFNDkrSLU.jpg (68KB, 604x340px) Image search: [Google]
gXbFNDkrSLU.jpg
68KB, 604x340px
>>144449967
>No, I only meant she was able to defy Gendo by having Adam thrown into her.
Literally what?
I cannot comprehend your thought process.
Rei chose to fuck him over in the end. She knew it's coming, and she made her personal choise that nobody expecterd her to make. You thought she was a doll, turns out she wasn't.
>Keep in mind at this point she has already died about 2 times or so.
My point. She i OK with experiencing death repeatedly. That's what i meant by strength.
If the work needs Dyin Rei can do the dying because no one else got balls for dying.

Rei doesn't like to die, but if she has to she will.
Like Jesus.
>>
File: 1463099144941.jpg (327KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1463099144941.jpg
327KB, 1920x1080px
>>144450305

Is there a Rei companion pic to this?
>>
>>144450305
>Dirty ESL Reifag in charge of knowing his favorite character
Rei was only able to defy Gendo because of the powers granted unto her by her fusing with Adam. Rei alone could not have defied Gendo. Gendo had to give her Adam and previously relied on Gendo for medicine essential to her existence, thusly her "strength" was heavily reliant on two outside factors.
>>
File: 1462370789483.jpg (69KB, 700x979px) Image search: [Google]
1462370789483.jpg
69KB, 700x979px
>>144450262
I provided links to essay that seriosly consider Ayanami Rei to be the core of Evangelion popularity and the character everyone loved the show for.
>>
>>144450371
There have been a few made of both the pilots over in /w/ and /wg/. Vaporwave isn't exactly too new. A shame about the normalfags trying to get into it.

At least Future Funk, Darkwave and Slasherwave will probably remain obscure enough.
>>
>>144450291
>Except it wasn't?
It was. Point for point, and if 3.0 also had fanservice for Asuka? That only proves my point. It's the same, consistent thing throughout the movies.

>2.0 was straight-up fanservice for the Reifags and it shows in how many supported the movie and its ending.
You know what I call it, as did everyone else except Asuka fans? Normal storytelling. With characterization, storytelling that adds up, it's regular fare. We don't call NGE's version of the characters to be fanservice versions because they do well with the characters. It's allowed to develop.

It's not "how many", 2.22 was and still is the most successful of the three Rebuilds so far, and is even the best rated by japanese reviewers on any aggregate site like rottentomatoes.

I won't say that 2.22 didn't hold potentially interesting new stuff for Rei. But I will say that they invalidated that stuff with 3.33.

>That his interest in the franchise has long-since waned and that he now uses it solely for money and nothing else?

That his interest in the franchise is limited to popularizing his waifus, and attacking Rei - and of course, making money. This fact is likely taken advantage of people like Tsurumaki, who uses this disinterest to figure the characters as he wants them. After all, his only comment on the movie is that "he thought Asuka was SO cute in the terminal dogma scene".
>>
File: DNRArh9.jpg (124KB, 412x562px) Image search: [Google]
DNRArh9.jpg
124KB, 412x562px
>>144446079
>>
File: 1428683076011.jpg (144KB, 1000x1248px) Image search: [Google]
1428683076011.jpg
144KB, 1000x1248px
>>144450386
Cool fanfic, furry.
Solid evidence too.
>>
>>144450305
His thought process is:

>REEEEEEEEEEE I HATE REI
>FUCK REIFAGS FUCK REIFAGS WHY ISNT ASUKA MROE POPULAR, WHY DO PEOPLE LIKE REI AND NOT MY ASUKA REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>I KNOW WHAT I'LL DO, I'LL SHITPOST AND MAKE UP SHIT ABOUT REI ON 4CHAN AND THREATEN PEOPLE

Reminder that the fireposter literally lives with his parents, frequently shitposts from his phone and has admitted to have some sort of mental problem.
>>
>>144450454
>That his interest in the franchise is limited to popularizing his waifus

Then explain the complete lack of focus on Misato, who was always his favorite character next to Asuka.
>>
>>144450521
>furry
What in the fuck?

>solid evidence
Yes, canon events from the show generally constitute solid evidence.
>>
>>144450386
I wonder if you think you're convincing anyone at all. We all watched the show and saw Rei crush Gendo's classes, after slowly but surely starting to distrust Gendo the more she interacted with other people.
Making up some fanfic like you do is surely the desperation getting at you.
>>
>>144450536
>REEEEE
>>>/reddit/
>>>/r9k/

>lives with this parents
>shitposts
Where the fuck do you think you are?

>mental problems
Now you're just making things up.
>>
File: misato.jpg (48KB, 740x400px) Image search: [Google]
misato.jpg
48KB, 740x400px
Misato
>>
>>144447974
rem is nothing like rei you fucking retard
>>
>>144450589
>fanfic
Rei couldn't physically resist Gendo without Adam. This is canon.
>>
>>144450607
>b-but you're all fucked like me
No we aren't. This isn't your safespace. Get it? You're not safe here either, creep.

Asuka is shit here too, just like in the real life you're hiding from.
>>
File: 1434870830222.jpg (43KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1434870830222.jpg
43KB, 1280x720px
>>144450536
The only autist-poster that still lives with their parents is the Reifag who's still providing the same goddamn popularity arguments every day after four fucking years.

Christ, I come back to /a/ after a 6-month break and a 9-month break from Eva and Eva-related threads as a whole and he's still fucking at it.
>>
>>144450643
I don't see anything canon about that. Enjoy your fanfic.
>>
>>144450657
>being this much of a colossal normalfag
>implying living with your parents is shameful
>literally pulling the normalfagesque mocking the "secret club" mentality
Way to be indoctrinated swine. Faggots like you are why the internet went to shit. Fuck off normalfag.
>>
>>144450708
Deny the obvious, uphold the inane.
>>
>>144450557
>His favorite character next to Asuka
So I wonder, where's the citation for that? I've never seen one, and I doubt one exists.

But you asked for an explanation, sure. Misato isn't Asuka, his favorite character. It's that easy. She's expendable, remember? He killed her in EoE without going into her character at all.

In Rebuild, he makes her the captain of an independent force labeled to be the good guys, fighting with team Asuka and the goodies against the Evil NERV where the Rei's are. I mean, does this just fly over your head or something?

Being the captain of a super-ship that fights the evil guys is hardly a bad deal. Give me a call when Fuyutsuki sits down Shinji to tell him how much of a worthless entity Misato is, and Misato doesn't have an inch of will in her body. Show me the Rei Q to Misato.
>>
File: Icon-Flat2.jpg (3MB, 3333x4000px) Image search: [Google]
Icon-Flat2.jpg
3MB, 3333x4000px
>>144450386
>>144450560
I really have troubles trying to comprehend your haphazard thinking.

In your head "strenth" means to blow up Nerv like YAHOOO and walk away?
Or do you mean that he controlled her with pills?

neither is correct.
Point 1 Rei wanted to actually die and return to her true existence but she was kept alive by force.
Point 2 She actually cared about gendo and people.
She genuinely wanted good for those people and willingly served at NERV no force or |Pressuation required.

Ayanami Rei had personal willpower and strong character making her own decisions.
1 She lead everyone through the blackout Nerv on her owl like a leader.
2 She chose to launch Kamikae attack at Zeruel while Gendo said "stop"
3 She expressed social initiative several times having strong opinions and trying to offer others (Shinji, Asuka, Toji) moral support.
4 She literally fucked over Gendo. She made choise over him, She Chose agains her most important person BECAUSE SHE HAS BALLS
This is the strenght i was talking about and your every point is invalid.
>>
>>144450643
Yeah, not convincing anyone there. I and the rest will take the canonical character development of Rei that leads up to this very moment before any Asuka fan delusions.
For the rest, just check out what the pamphlet following the EoE theatrical release said. For any doubters, it literally says Rei did it of her own free will. Those were the words used.
>>
Asuka of course.
Rei is a plot device, not a character. A plot device cannot have characterization.
>>
>>144450792
See >>144450536

Asukafags like the one you're talking with simply aren't reasonable. They just want to spread lies about Rei because they can't deal with reality. They look at Rei, see how inferior Asuka is to her, and they take out their feelings on Rei and Rei fans. It's a story of jealousy, and how dangerous obsession can be.
>>
File: 1451962453809.gif (409KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1451962453809.gif
409KB, 400x225px
>>144450657
>creep
Wait, what? I think the only demographic that uses that as an insult are highschool girls. Are you some sort of closet-fujoshi prep wanna-be chimera?

Maybe you're some sort of insecure incel numale.

>>144450808
She may have done so of her own free will, but the point I stress is that she was incapable without the deux ex machina granted unto her.

>>144450792
>no pressurization
>on her owl
>she chose to launch kamikaze
>i
Learn English before using an English imageboard, shitskin.
>>
>>144442735
>>144439610
Whatd I miss?
>>
>>144450166
Marry Rei
Fuck Asuka
Kill Mari
>>
>>144450859
>Please buy into our groupthink Mr. Shitskin!
Have Reifags really stopped so low as to beg the allegiance of some ESL and grovel at their feet?
>>
Asuka uniquely. Rei...shi as fish =) and plugsut its very very sexy
>>
File: Rei_moon_sexy.jpg (168KB, 607x800px) Image search: [Google]
Rei_moon_sexy.jpg
168KB, 607x800px
>>144450637
rem is everything like Rei
>>
>>144450867
>She may have done so of her own free will, but the point I stress is that she was incapable without the deux ex machina granted unto her.
What deux ex machina? Do you even know what that is?

The Adam thing or the Lilith thing? Because both has been featured ages ago in the series, and that certainly doesn't quantify as deus ex machina.

You've simply made it clear that you're making shit up.
>>
Notice how discussion chugs along nicely until Asukafags lose it?

Solution: Ban Asukafags.
>>
File: 1425124677838.png (514KB, 1000x1463px) Image search: [Google]
1425124677838.png
514KB, 1000x1463px
>>144450666
>four fucking years.
Eight years.
Oh wait.
Before Rebuild 2 I was simply saying "Look Asuka is literally nobody"
Asuka was an irrelevant character before Rebuild of Evangelion and her popularity was underground low,
>>
>>144449921
Were you find this image?
>>
File: 1432070670063.jpg (14KB, 162x170px) Image search: [Google]
1432070670063.jpg
14KB, 162x170px
>>144451001
>Asuka was an irrelevant character before Rebuild of Evangelion and her popularity was underground low,
>>
>>144450666
Asukafag shitposter, please. The shitty treatment of Rei by Anno has always been the talk of the town.
>>
File: latest[2].png (273KB, 704x480px) Image search: [Google]
latest[2].png
273KB, 704x480px
Rei didn't need Adam to become free willed, she needed it to execute her own plan of becoming Lilith without Gendo and instead give choice over the Third Impact to Shinji
>>
>>144451062
>she didn't need Adam, but she needed Adam
Weasel-wording again? Don't move goalposts. I simply said she needed Adam to actively defy Gendo.
>>
File: view_5db9tzg1.jpg (53KB, 500x800px) Image search: [Google]
view_5db9tzg1.jpg
53KB, 500x800px
>>144450867
>She may have done so of her own free will, but the point I stress is that she was incapable without the deux ex machina granted unto her.
>She couldn't shot before she got the gun
OH MY SHIT
WHAT A TWIST
The point is SHE DID SHOOT right when she got the dun you dumbfuck. I never said she had power over other people, she wasn't muscular and cant shoot lasers from her eyes.
The point is she has a strong personality.

Asuka had all the power and was being masturbated on in vegetative state.
Asuka got mental breakdown from butthurt because she's the worst girl. Her Eva 02 was online and well all the time.
In the same time Rei always keeps her shit together.

Actually i'm not arguing to win pidgeon chess but to humiliate you and other Asukafags by associating them with retards like you.
>>
>>144451128
I just butted in with that precisation because someone was implying that before absorbing Adam she didn't have the will to defy Gendo
>>
File: close up smugska.png (83KB, 235x221px) Image search: [Google]
close up smugska.png
83KB, 235x221px
>>144451168
see >>144451128

Again, I stress you learn to speak English before my former coworkers bomb your mudshack again.
>>
>>144451001
Jokes on you, I'm not even an Asukafag. I'm a Shinjifag.

And now it looks like you're just strawmanning and shitposting in some desperate attempt to win a sub-argument that wasn't even about this Reifag popularity contest shit in the first place. Guess I struck a nerve.
>>
>>144451217
You mean you just samefagged because you misinterpreted an argument because English isn't your first language.
>>
File: 33385266.jpg (228KB, 827x904px) Image search: [Google]
33385266.jpg
228KB, 827x904px
>>144451039
Source:
Anno's interview that He likes Asuka but entire Japan likes Re and Anno is mad about it.(cant take ston woomen etc.)
>>
>>144451283
Oh, let's not forget
>woomen
I see you were the Spelling Bee champ, you winner, you.
>>
>>144451226
So your point was irrelevant and you were retarded all the time?
I get it.
>>144451243
>I'm a Shinjifag.
Literally rebuild 3 scum newfag.
>>
>>144451369
>Literally rebuild 3 scum newfag.

I watched the original series back in 2002. Was my favorite then, is still my favorite now.
>>
File: 8ae4abcfb799bab42dab56bd8fdd244a.png (584KB, 1000x1094px) Image search: [Google]
8ae4abcfb799bab42dab56bd8fdd244a.png
584KB, 1000x1094px
>>144451339
>>144451305
>My spelling makes me wrong and proves your retarded points
Cool thinking Asukafags.
i'f i don't confuse it falls into ad hominem category and you still are wrong.

You see: I may or may not be sucking dicks at the moment.
Doesn't matter, you still are wrong.
>>
>>144451477
Nah, pretty sure you're sucking dick at spelling, at the least. Your arguments didn't stand a chance.

>>144451369
See above.
>>
>>144450867
>>144450912
>>144451226
>Shitskin
>Mudshack

>Implying there aren't white civilized countries that don't have English as first language
>>
>>144450934
shi's thigh very BIGest, but suit its very ...
>>
File: 1461298436817.jpg (109KB, 830x962px) Image search: [Google]
1461298436817.jpg
109KB, 830x962px
>>144451667
I give this one to you.
Asukafags are good at spelling.

But still are laughably pathetic at making an argument.
>>
File: 57993858_p0.jpg (2MB, 3000x2122px) Image search: [Google]
57993858_p0.jpg
2MB, 3000x2122px
Ayanami Rei is a harsh noise album cover.
Asuka isn't.

Checkmate faggots.
>>
>>144451692
White civilized countries would know not to go to an English imageboard when they don't know how to speak or type in English.
>>
File: 1468042799388.gif (239KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1468042799388.gif
239KB, 540x540px
>>144451942
>harsh noise
Noiserock and noise are superior. I don't see Weezer writing songs about Rei either.
>>
>>144451954
>implying you know
Burger, plz.
>>
File: spurdo megg.png (26KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
spurdo megg.png
26KB, 600x800px
>>144452008
>implying I don't
The finns stick to yiluata and even have produced their own cultural treasure. If you want to be a smelly shitskin go frolick in /int/ and get bantzed the fuck outta here.
>>
>>144451999
They didn't write songs about Asuka, some retard thought they did but the song came out before her episodes even aired
>>
I don't like either of them but I dislike Rei less than I hate Asuka
>>
File: 1425519185831.png (350KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
1425519185831.png
350KB, 540x960px
>>144452121
Rei's only source of negative reaction is jealousy.
She literally never did anything to piss anyone off.
>>
>>144452070
Next you'll tell me they didn't write a song about Jet Alone.
>>
File: 1450841950914.jpg (962KB, 2215x1149px) Image search: [Google]
1450841950914.jpg
962KB, 2215x1149px
>>144439537
How do these threads still get posted in the Year of Our Lord Two Thousand and Sixteen? At this point its basically an excuse to ask for Eva pics.

also

quick, moots gone. post pics of rei.
>>
>>144452219
She slapped Shinji
>>
File: 1410207700987.png (734KB, 723x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1410207700987.png
734KB, 723x1600px
>>144452330
Moot is dead.
No one will protect stupid Asukababies now.
>>
File: 1456631296901.jpg (259KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1456631296901.jpg
259KB, 1500x1500px
>>144452371
He legitimately pissed her off.
Asuka slapped him from the get go as her way of saying hello.
>>
File: rei and a tranny.png (2MB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
rei and a tranny.png
2MB, 1440x1080px
>>144452680
>>144452638
>>
File: image.jpg (35KB, 311x236px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35KB, 311x236px
There's just something about Rei
>>
File: image.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
>>144452815
>>
>>144441419
Listen to this fag
>>
File: 1452929789132.jpg (253KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1452929789132.jpg
253KB, 1920x1080px
>>144439537

I prefer Asuka, I also like Rei. I just hate Reifags.
>>
>>144450905

Some (((Journalist))) found a picture of Asuka with a MAGA hat and wrote an article about how Asuka is some code for white supremacy and antisemitism, and that SEELE are jews and NGE is secretly filled with antisemitism. Apparently Asuka with a MAGA hat is a nod to all this and that people post it to secretly signal to other white supremacist, antisemitic trump supporters. The article is one of the most autistic and paranoid things ever written.
>>
File: o1496589.jpg (1MB, 1500x1165px) Image search: [Google]
o1496589.jpg
1MB, 1500x1165px
>>
>>144452371
Asukafags don't care about Shinji, and Asuka kicks Shinji's shit in all the time.
>>
>>144453799
Projecting, aren't ya, Asucuck? Point being, the only reason Asukafags dislike Rei is rampant jealousy. Because it's certainly not for slapping Shinji.
>>
>>144453879
I dislike Rei because she looks like a tranny
>>
>>144451128
>Weasel-wording again? Don't move goalposts. I simply said she needed Adam to actively defy Gendo.
Nope. All it take was for Rei to refuse cooperating or do anything else, like shooting him, running away, anything. Gendo is 100% dependent on Rei's cooperation, not the other way around.
>>
File: re-take4-199.jpg (259KB, 926x1400px) Image search: [Google]
re-take4-199.jpg
259KB, 926x1400px
>>144453799
Asukafag projecting ITT

>>144453879
hivemind, you actually beat me to the reply. i was trying to find this picture.
>>
>>144453394
And this is why I love /pol/. They remind me of the old days when raids weren't banned and everyone misunderstood what was actually happening.
>>
File: 1464403553661.png (773KB, 902x896px) Image search: [Google]
1464403553661.png
773KB, 902x896px
>>144454190
lurk for 7 years minimum before posting.

maybe by then you won't be underaged
>>
Both are good, Asuka is better
>>
File: 1460132355422.jpg (75KB, 375x432px) Image search: [Google]
1460132355422.jpg
75KB, 375x432px
>>144454064
>Went into Retake doujin for fap material
>Ended up being engrossed with the storyline
>Asuka and Shinji got their happy ending
>>
>>144454438
Get your Retake trash outta here, Maurice.
>>
File: farny_sad.png (256KB, 850x850px) Image search: [Google]
farny_sad.png
256KB, 850x850px
>>144454419
obviously

>>144454438
it was good shit, lots of classic moments in its own right.
>>
>>144454438
>>144454569
Shittiest taste I've read all day.
>>
Asuka all the way, even though rei isnt that bad. They're both pretty complex characters
>>
File: 1140216576471.jpg (91KB, 1000x773px) Image search: [Google]
1140216576471.jpg
91KB, 1000x773px
>>144454599
checked. not even an asukafag, but ill fight you anyway.
>>
>>144454652
Just kill yourself Evageeks
>>
>>144442060
>>
File: Lmkqk9Y.jpg (317KB, 880x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Lmkqk9Y.jpg
317KB, 880x1200px
>>144454652
>>
>>144454649
>They're both pretty complex characters
Asuka isn't. She's just a bitch for no reason.
>>
>>144454681
>>
File: image.jpg (30KB, 263x276px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30KB, 263x276px
>>144448626
>Ruri all the way at 3rd
>above both Eva girls

OOOOHHHHH SHIT
>>
>>144448626
>Kaworu and Shinji tied
That's hilarious. A dude that showed up in one episode is somehow as popular as the MC.
>>
File: 1465339961448.jpg (733KB, 1442x1614px) Image search: [Google]
1465339961448.jpg
733KB, 1442x1614px
I like this picture.
>>
>>144454814
Butthurt Asukafag pls. Your waifu is just a childish bitch. Asuka is the most shallow character in eva.
>>
File: killedhimselfaftermangaending.png (74KB, 848x275px) Image search: [Google]
killedhimselfaftermangaending.png
74KB, 848x275px
>>
File: Role Reversal.jpg (41KB, 354x496px) Image search: [Google]
Role Reversal.jpg
41KB, 354x496px
>>144454866
Fujos, amirite?
>>
File: image.gif (295KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
295KB, 200x150px
>>144455050
Damn
>>
File: iacceptit.gif (931KB, 500x205px) Image search: [Google]
iacceptit.gif
931KB, 500x205px
>>144439610
Someone took the MAGA hat meme seriously and published an article. I can die now a happy man.
>>
File: o2284912.jpg (786KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
o2284912.jpg
786KB, 1920x1080px
>>
File: 1438357275231 (1).jpg (376KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1438357275231 (1).jpg
376KB, 1920x1080px
>>
File: CMQXUEaUcAABOA1.jpg (30KB, 372x368px) Image search: [Google]
CMQXUEaUcAABOA1.jpg
30KB, 372x368px
>>144455144
Crazy Kikes.
>>
I like both for different reasons
>>
File: 1418796787711.jpg (1022KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1418796787711.jpg
1022KB, 2048x1536px
>>144447877
>>
File: 47271371_p0.jpg (198KB, 1554x2006px) Image search: [Google]
47271371_p0.jpg
198KB, 1554x2006px
Rei is the fairest of them all.
>>
File: tumblr_m68hv0fkrM1ru2lcgo1_500.jpg (127KB, 500x694px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m68hv0fkrM1ru2lcgo1_500.jpg
127KB, 500x694px
>>144439537
Best Girl
>>
>>144439537
just finished watching this today
its shit
>>
>>144439610
/pol/ only put the hats on girls they know: really entry level or super popular stuff like eva.
>>
>>144456114
Asuka is somewhat of a meme, though.
>>
>>144456168
Still, I fucking hate it so much when memes and internet culture leak or get used in the real world. All it does is just draw in more normalfags.
>>
>>144455935
Fuck off tumblr
>>
>>144456985
Why does tumblr like Asuka so much? Because she's an ugly landwhale like them?
>>
Judging from this thread, Asuka fans are racist, hate-filled obsessives who clearly didn't understand Evangelion past their waifu.
>>
File: konata.jpg (77KB, 396x396px) Image search: [Google]
konata.jpg
77KB, 396x396px
>>144455637
>Lina Inverse #4
>>
>>144456985
>Actually thinking tumblr would like a german with a superiority compelx
>>
>>144457006
It's because she's a strong woman, duh.
>>
>>144457144
Psychotic bitch means strong women these days eh?
>>
File: Asukafags are tumblrites.jpg (83KB, 500x469px) Image search: [Google]
Asukafags are tumblrites.jpg
83KB, 500x469px
>>144457124
Tumblr loves Asuka
>>
>>144457254
Well I'll be damned. I still like asuka, she just needs a hug.
>>
Eva is garbage.
>>
>>144457169
It does if you're from tumblr.
>rimshot
>>
>>144457411
Her psychotic bitch personality is why I feel sorry for asuka. She does it entirely because she doesn't want to come off as weak, I have a lot of sympathy for her.
>>
>>144457448
I don't.

I have sympathy for Rei, because all she tries to do is her best, and yet she gets shit for it, even when she tries to help.
>>
>>144457537
I can understand if you hate asuka. First time watching eva, I wanted asuka to die painfully so badly, but I've gotten to hate her less over time.
>>
>>144457448
>>144457537
I have sympathy for both of them.

Not so much for Shinji. At least not original series Shinji.
>>
>>144457610
I hate her less with the Japanese voice. She actually manages to sound like a legitimate human being that way, while the dubs sounds like nails on chalkboard. Not to hate on dubs simply because it's dubs, there are good dubs. But Eva is sadly not one of them.
>>
>>144457610
I never wanted Asuka to die. I could recognize that she was no good, but that's that.

I felt really bad for Rei though, and I have to admit that what has happened to Evangelion and how Asukafags act has made me bitter about the whole Asuka character.
>>
>>144457687
Don't hate the character because of the fags.

Really, the only thing I hate about all this is how people get carried away in threads like these. Seriously, lol.
>>
Soryu is a better character than Shikinami
>>
>>144457752
To put it this way, every time an Asukafag gets "carried away", and spreads lies about Asuka/Rei whatever, it only highlights how poor/mean a character Asuka is.

So to put a rampaging Asukafag straight, you need to remind him of how crappy Asuka is of a person, and it forces you to look into just how bad she is.

The "fags" are only making me remember how poor it was.
>>
If the two were allowed to physically mature, I wonder who'd be more voluptuous or feminine.
>>
>>144458062
Yui is a good pinpoint of how Rei would look. Apparently, good enough to end the world for.
>>
>>144457970
>it only highlights how poor/mean a character Asuka is.

No it doesn't. Hate breeds hate, friend. Just let it go and love them both.
>>
>>144458116
It's like you said, hate breeds hate.
>>
File: aa4.gif (2MB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
aa4.gif
2MB, 500x375px
>>144457752
The only people who get carried away are Asukafags, because Rei is perfect and doesn't inspire a toxic following.
>>
>>144458115
Now I want to see how Asuka's Asukas turn it to be.
>>
>>144442033
the one that's mine
>>
There is any explanation for asuka caressing Shinji at the end of EoE? I got the strangling part but the cares while nice as imagery I'm still unsure about the underlying character motivations
>>
>>144458175
Yeah man, asukafags are fucking retarded. I bet those fags love being abused by asuka like the bitches they are.
>>
>>144457687
Asuka is a filthy slut, she'll fuck anyone. Just stone the whore already.
>>
File: 04.jpg (229KB, 1280x712px) Image search: [Google]
04.jpg
229KB, 1280x712px
Asuka has always been the most popular in the western countries
>>
>>144459489
>poll from 2016
Pfft, that's a big stretch.
>>
>>144459408
Asukafags are tumblrites and don't belong here.

>>144459448
You enjoy getting abused by asuka because you're weak and pathetic.
>>
>>144459831
No she isn't. I'm also not a spineless faggot like an asukafag such as yourself.
>>
>>144459553
Reifags are worse
>>
File: AE8cHZqsRwQ.jpg (71KB, 604x598px) Image search: [Google]
AE8cHZqsRwQ.jpg
71KB, 604x598px
Asuka is more iconic D.Va's character design is inspired by her
>>
>>144460500
Fuck you
>>
Asuka Langley Soryu > Rei Ayanami III >= Rei Ayanami II = Rei Ayanami I > Rei Ayanami IV >>> Asuka Langley Shikinami
>>
File: asuke'd.png (11KB, 369x196px) Image search: [Google]
asuke'd.png
11KB, 369x196px
You guys have shit taste.
>>
>>144460500
Fuck off asukafag, I bet you're a femdom faggot as well.
>>
>>144439537
REI BOIS
>>
File: S1PmQCQ.png (289KB, 1236x1600px) Image search: [Google]
S1PmQCQ.png
289KB, 1236x1600px
REI IS BAE ALL THE WAY
>>
>>144439537
Asuka
>>
Asuka for hatefucking
Rei for mindbreak
Kaworu for gentle lovemaking in the missionary position for the sole purpose of procreation
>>
File: asukaprofile.jpg (147KB, 640x905px) Image search: [Google]
asukaprofile.jpg
147KB, 640x905px
>>144462593
Wrong
>>
>>144462524
>>144462593
Toilet
>>
File: 12501870531_SPLASH.jpg (25KB, 500x402px) Image search: [Google]
12501870531_SPLASH.jpg
25KB, 500x402px
>>144462945
>>144463068
>>
File: 410_52707066703.png (124KB, 497x497px) Image search: [Google]
410_52707066703.png
124KB, 497x497px
>>144462831
>procreating with an angel
Enjoy the 50 Ramiels coming out of your boipussy
>>
Misato is for realists and those who embrace their flaws and try to live and grow with them.

Asuka is for surrealists and those who seek the outward projection of perfection but shun and neglect internal flaws.

Rei is for idealists and those to wish for her to become the perfect girl they want, even though they know she can never fully become that way
>>
>>144463844
Except Asuka did accept her flaws and grow in the end.
>>
>>144463909
When?
>>
>>144464006
The very end of the show, EOE.
>>
>20 years
>>
>>144463909
True I didn't think of that
Which is why I like Asuka the most personally
>>
>>144464095
All she does is stroke Shinji's cheek and then say it's disgusting.
Nothing about her embracing her flaws.
>>
>>144465754
You really didn't get it did you. First there is accepting her flaws which allows her to reconnect with her mother's soul. Later there is her scenes with Shinji that show she now has her own self validation. Her caressing him shows that she understands his pain.
>>
>>144466228
That's a lot of fanwank you put into Asuka's lack of a character resolution in EoE.
>>
>>144466345
You can choose to accept what actually happened and awknowledge her grown or you can choose to ignore be blissfully ignorant.
>>
>>144466506
I acknowledge what I watched.
Asuka is magically woken up from her coma and back in the Eva, a sudden deux ex machina occurs and she sees her mommy which gives her a magic shonen power up.
We don't see her for the rest of the movie.
At the very end scene we see her magically on the beach in a very vague interpretive ending.
There was absolutely no resolution to her character whatsoever except plot convince.
>>
Rei.
>>
>>144466596
You can look at it that way if you ignore all the character bits.
>>
>>144467583
Asuka is only present in two scenes of the movie, get over it bro.
>>
>>144459351
>this isn't deleted but the toilets are
>>
20 years we've been at this
Maybe it's time to stop
>>
>>144462831
Gun yourself down.
>>
>>144467638
You need to rewatch it then and pay attention to her scenes with Shinji.
>>
>>144469248
She has one scene with Shinji at the very end, what are you talking about?
She's a minor character in the movie.
>>
>>144467941
Never
>>
>>144439610
Is there anything /pol/ didn't ruin?
>>
>>144469361
Asuka and Shinji have quite a few scenes during instrumentality. Go rewatch it.
>>
>>144439537
I used to worship Rei when I was an insecure cuck. Now that I'm feeling better I love Asuka.
>>
File: Si.jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Si.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
>>144457006
Don't forget the bitchy attitude.
>>
>>144469555
k beta toiletfag
>>
>>144450045

Anon, the artist is redrop, google image search is very helpful next time btw
>>
>>144469897
I like Asuka despite her character flaws.

Rei isn't even human.
>>
File: 1466911881328.png (44KB, 1126x210px) Image search: [Google]
1466911881328.png
44KB, 1126x210px
Asukafag here, they're both good choices, but perhaps this image will explain better
>>
File: 1387849860357.jpg (105KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1387849860357.jpg
105KB, 1280x720px
>>144439537
Of those two, Rei, easiest choice ever.
If I had my choice of the whole cast, Ritsuko.
>>
>>144459489
Cant really trust the poll when it was made after 3.0
>>
>>144469462
Your life. You did a good job by yourself
>>
>>144439537
Rei
Thread posts: 459
Thread images: 132

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.