[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Question /a/ What is the nips obsession with the highschool setting?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1.jpg (105KB, 869x450px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
105KB, 869x450px
Question /a/
What is the nips obsession with the highschool setting?
Is it just wish fulfilment because the author had a boring school life and wishes he could ReLife and have a more interesting youth with adventures, magic and cute girls?

Compare Taboo Tattoo and Darker than Black, does TT suffer from the generic setting?
>>
It's better than the west's obsession with middle aged men going through a midlife crisis who cheat on their wife.
>>
Common wisdom among westerners who watch japanese animation and read japanese comics is that most of those so-called anime and manga are mainly targeted towards teenagers who do still go to high school.
>>
>>144433095
1. everyone went to high school, so everyone can relate
2. teenage emotions make the storytelling possiblites endless
3. life after high school in japan is a black hole of nothingness
>>
It's a convenient setting.
>>
How many of the best Anime use the highschool setting?
>>
>>144433095
Because highschool setting = 青春
And the nips like their 青春.
>>
Setting and premise really dont mean shit after youve watched a handful of decent anime
>>
>>144433179
+
>>144433231
>>
>>144434517
Toradora
Kill la Kill
Clannad
Yuru Yuri
Beck
Parasyte
K-ON
>>
>>144434517
Very few shows that I genuinely love take place in highschool come to think of it.
>>
File: 3434.jpg (133KB, 1209x1280px) Image search: [Google]
3434.jpg
133KB, 1209x1280px
>>144433095
>95% of the customers like people on /a/ got bullied in Highschool, because they were fat and creepy betabeards
>make romanticized version of this setting

People obviously buy it in troves.
>>
>>144434517
NGE.
>>
>>144434517
High School of the Dead
High School DxD
Daily Lives of High School Boys
Cromartie High School

Anything with high school in the title is good.
>>
I'm 4 episode in.
ReLife have a really good premises, and it's giving me 2 night high school dream. it has been a long time since i last dragged into a watching series in dream.

btw, how would you write a perfect high school drama with real dynamic on large group of people rather than just the main cast circlejerking and ignoring the rest of classmates?
Or how would you write your high school life in a anime medium?
>>
>>144434615
>>144434776
Then compare that to how many of the best anime don't use the highschool setting.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.