[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Urasawa's Monster

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: mpv-shot0004.jpg (91KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0004.jpg
91KB, 720x540px
>Post-fall East Germany and Czechoslovakia
>Enemies are former commies, corrupt current government, and super-alpha pulling all the strings

>Decides to scapegoat white nationalists as the easy enemy
>Liberal BS about shooting people always being evil

Y tho
>>
>>144428884

nips aren't allowed to own guns, so they haven't been hypnotized by the powerful feeling of having an instrument of thunder and death in your hand.
>>
>>144428884
>Liberal BS about shooting people always being evil
This has nothing to with liberalism
It's just Tenma's morals as a doctor and who he is
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hippocratic_Oath
>>
it's only recently that they (japs) started having any kind of casualness around guns like watch any anime before 2006
>>
Anyone felt that minor/one-shot characters are more sympathetic and interesting than the leads?
>>
>>144429004
His morals as written are liberal
The dude spends months(?) training to combat proficiency with who is supposed to be the ultimate black-market teacher, then hunts after Johann for an even longer time
He made the very deliberate decision very early on to kill

Execution doesn't violate the Hippocratic oath either
>>
>>144428884
He definitely overplayed the influence of neo-Nazism, and made Turks out as some helpless innocent minority, but it was still the commies who made Johan, and it was still the corrupt government that chased Tenma down.

>Tenma never shoots
He's a doctor. Fuck you might as well get up in arms about Batman never killing the joker
>>
>>144429121
Batman's plot doesn't revolve around a protagonist clearly hunting to kill an antagonist, batman is predicated on his non-execution philosophy
>>
>>144429162
Whereas Tenmas morals counter what he knows needs to be done. It's kind of a big plot point that they come back to numerous times
>>
>>144429188
you're right, I'm just finding it's overemphasized to the point it appears to be instilling a moral
Then again, I think I'm better able to pay attention as I'm not waiting a week between episodes like the original viewers :^)
>>
>>144429117
>His morals as written are liberal
Hardly, you're reading way too much in there and making everything too political

Tenma taking gun training and all that shit and still not being able to kill Johan in the end is an arc where Tenma pretends to be someone else and tries to deny himself but in the end he isn't able to do it
Doing that ultimately isn't in his character and it's not who he is

Tenma's character has nothing to do with politics
It has to do with the exploration of the "self"
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.