[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on Kirito?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 8

Thoughts on Kirito?
>>
he is ok
>>
File: 5.jpg (78KB, 398x503px) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
78KB, 398x503px
Thoughts on Penn Jilette?
>>
>>144427327
I had no problem with his excessive edginess, but his personality became so inconsistent (specially when he got "married") that I started not taking his character seriously... nor the anime itself, either.

He should have become an antagonist at some point.
>>
He was an okay character when his advantages were due to prior knowledge of his surroundings and the way things worked as opposed to being that super special kid with unique abilities.
>>
>Kirito
>edgy
?????????????????????

He pretended to be edgy in the second episode and there was that MUH SACHI bit, but for the rest he was pretty chill. Boringly so.
>>
better as a girl desu
>>
>>144427327
would have been way better if he didn't look like a fucking girl

or just be a girl completely

i blame the studio
>>
>>144427327
I don't understand why he went "edgy man dude" for like 20 seconds in the second episode for no fucking reason.

I don't understand why he has to be edgy at all other than for the self-insert.
>>
>>144427327
He's a beater that's right a beater.
>>
>>144427327

Shitty slap together of a few different ideas the author wanted to pursue. In the end none of the ideas worked out particularly well. He also has zero charisma or personality, SAO was fun to watch but Kirito definitely wasn't one of the reasons why.
>>
>>144427480

his personality wasn't inconsistent

he consistently had no personality
>>
File: tranny jedi.gif (1MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
tranny jedi.gif
1MB, 400x225px
I liked him as a tranny Jedi.
>>
>>144427432
I have used those to shave before, although I prefer a straight razor.
>>
>>144427327
Abridged version of him is objectively better. That's how shit he is.
>>
>>144427327
One of the best harem king
>>
>>144427327
He makes a great trap.
>>
>>144428833
>for no fucking reason.
He wanted to make himself into a scapegoat, for the supposed "beta tester hate".
Of course the novels later go into how no body actually fucking cares about beta testers or "beaters" except for a tiny minority.

>>144428723
>i blame the studio
He was canonically supposed to look like a girl though. If anything, the studio didn't make him girly enough.
>>
>>144431649
>psuedo racism in online video game is a problem
Good thing I dropped it on first episode
>>
>>144427327
Blandest. Dude. Ever.
>>
/a/ is gonna pretend to like Kirito now just so they can shit on Subaru who is the complete opposite
>>
Perfect as Beetlejuice
>>
>>144432275
>implying /a/ has to pretend to like one character in order to hate on his complete opposite
>implying they can't both be shitty characters
>>
>>144431782
>If you dislike someone, it's racism
What?
>>
Overpowered Gary Stu, sure that's been mentioned in the thread.
The author of the light novel explicitly mentioned that he intended Kirito to be blatantly overpowered and as a power fantasy/self-insert, in the author notes of one of the volumes. As a result, his personality is pretty bland and cookie-cutter "protagonist hero".

As per Mother's Rosario arc, he was executed perfectly. The other characters had a chance to shine, and his blatant one-dimensional overpoweredness inserted into the story as a show of a powerful character, but not something that the entire story relied on.

Kiriko design was the best.
>>
>>144427327
He's has a big cock?
>>
He's the real black swordsman
>>
File: 1468731359386.jpg (262KB, 1280x1215px) Image search: [Google]
1468731359386.jpg
262KB, 1280x1215px
He's fine. I never bought that he was overpowered. Of course he's going to look like hot shit if he hangs around floors that are 5-10 levels behind the front lines. His personality is pretty bland but that's the norm for light novel protagonists. I think the biggest problem is that aside from Asuna, none of the other characters (including Klein and Agil) really have a life outside of Kirito. I feel like if the side characters were actually fleshed out, Kirito would look better because it would remove the harem aspect of the series, which isn't needed at all since he's dating Asuna.
>>
>>144434246
>none of the other characters (including Klein and Agil) really have a life outside of Kirito
But they do? Agil is at least implied to have a lot going on, and there's Girls Ops which is a spin-off manga with Kirito appearing maybe twice.

But you're right; the main story is very Kirito-centric, and that makes it so no other character really gets any development.
It would probably be good to have another spin-off following other parts of the cast (like Klein) without such a focus on Kirito.
>>
>>144427327
I want to cuck his harem by fucking him in front of them.
>>
>>144436452
I wouldn't mind fucking him silly either.
>>
Everything he's too perfected to be boring and unchallenge.
>>
>>144427327
okay mc in an okay anime.

dont get why people make so much fuss about it. its definitely not the worst anime, and its definitely not the best. its just meh.
>>
>>144434079
This. That Guts guy is a total copy cat , such disgusting way to copy someone else title to be popular.
>>
>>144430555
You are him a huge asshole and yet he's still bwfter than his original counterpart. How does that work?
>>
>>144428833
He isn't edgy you dumb faggot he is a shit boring character
>>
>>144438240
>>bait
>>
I bet the author is the kind of guy who never reached level 20 in MMOs and wanted to be the strongest immediately.
>>
File: 1458078931104.jpg (27KB, 375x383px) Image search: [Google]
1458078931104.jpg
27KB, 375x383px
>"The Lone Beater"
>>
>>144440896
Yep.
Volume 2 Afterword

> So here's a follow-up: a retread back in time. And not only that, a collection of sub-stories. I'm truly sorry for this...
(He actually apologizes to readers a lot in his Afterwords)

>I've played a number of online games in the past, and I never succeeded in joining the top echelon of players in any of them. I spent all of my days watching other players with rare weapons and elite stats crush hordes of monsters and marveling at their feats.
> So while the first volume focused on Kirito and Asuna, two of the game's "clearers", I really wanted to write more about the normal, mid-level folks who don't get much of the spotlight. That's the angle I was going for with the four stories contained in Volume 2. Each story features Master Kirito kicking ass and taking names, but the admiration and wonder of the characters who watch him, like Silica and Lisbeth, are the expression of my long-held emotion toward such bad-asses in real life.

So he pretty much wrote Kirito to represent those "elite players" he looked up to, and sees himself as closer to characters like Silica and Lisbeth.
>>
>>144437720
I think it has to do with all the potential SAO had, bit didn't use. It has a great setting but has bland characters and aborts the plot when it is at its best.

The result is a lot of frustrated people that fight either to prove there are still some good parts or to expose its flaws.
>>
Fucktarded anime and mc and story that is fucktardedly popular because it was done at a good time where every cheeky cunt would have watched it.

Still being milked the absolute fuck out of with the most bullshit scifi ever.

I mean, fucking come on. Some random guy poisons you and you get inserted into a memory machine that can read your soooouuuuuul. Sure.

And of course this memory machine's world is based upon gaming and skills exist. Because why the fuck not.
>>
>>144443305
>Still being milked
But Anon, the story finished in 2008.
We we're getting now is just a slightly edited version.
>>
>>144427327
We had several SAO threads yesterday. Lurk more or fuck off.
>>
>>144427327
Edgelord
>>
File: 1468267362311.gif (2MB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
1468267362311.gif
2MB, 540x304px
>>144427327
No.
>>
>>144427327

Boring Gary Stu
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.