[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What did you guys think of this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: ya3va9v.jpg (321KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ya3va9v.jpg
321KB, 1280x720px
What did you guys think of this?
>>
>>144392030
I liked it
>>
>>144392030
I actually really liked this, even though the animation wasn't always exactly my favorite. It was still goof, though.
>>
>>144392030
You're better off reading the manga.
>>
Both art and plot skyrocketed in quality with the new mangaka, but it's too bad he's thinking about dropping out too.
>>
>>144392124
I had an issue with the low framerates, but I really got into the plot of the show.

I liked that we got a protag who wasn't all goodie goodie for once. . .dude is literally a sociopath
>>
loved S1, hoping S2 is as good or even better
>>
>>144392268
>dude is literally a sociopath
but that's wrong anon, if he was truly sociopathic he wouldn't go through all those situations trying to protect the people who have helped him in his mission to stop hat, who is the perfect antithesis to him and is the true sociopath
>>
>>144392030
It's pretty good. I wonder why there's no HD version of the OVA anywhere on the internet though, also why they have such a low framerate on the anime.
>>
>>144392354
He even comments on that "I don't care about helping or even saving people, I just do it because it's in my best interest"

Dude doesn't protect people because "muh friendship", he protects them because "if I don't save X person, something negative will happen to me"

Seriously man, rewatch the show.
>>
Another anon who loved it here. I thought about dropping it after three episodes, but I'm glad I kept going.
>>
>>144392425
Not that guy and I get what you're saying but he's more of a high functioning autist than a sociopath, just with a personality defect. His connection with Kai, where he tries to apologize for forsaking him in front of his friends, shows he feels empathy. Sociopaths can't feel empathy.

He also only reasons to himself later that he saved the scientist because of logical purposes for his survival. When he was groaning in pain, you could see Kei's face contorting. A sociopath can't place himself in another's pain.

Autistic people follow rules in my experience. X must be because Y. Which describes the protag to a t.
>>
>>144392425
cmon man he only says that shit cus he's actually tsun as fuck, but either way it leads to really interesting character development
>>
>>144392562
>anime protag is an autist

Can we put this in the write an anime thread?
>>
>>144392615
Go for it.
>>
>>144392562
Nah the guy is a complete sociopath. Did you ignore the part where the world was going to shit and he couldn't a crap while he as pretending to be that old couples grandson. He even locked up his "friend" who was trying to get him to do something about the situation. the dude completely lacks empathy and is an egotist, hence sociopath.
>>
>>144392782
He locked up the guy because he knew who he was. When that no longer mattered, he freed him.

Also,
>he couldn't give a crap
That's not true. He got a smarthphone just so that he could keep up with the news and watch TV. He didn't think that anything the man in the hat did would be that bad. He only thought he would kill some people, not start Armageddon in Japan. The moment that became the case he sided with his friend and said they were going to stay and fight.

But whatever, I'm done arguing. You seem to be pretty set in your mindset and nothing will change that.
>>
>>144393012
Also, the idea that Kei was MAYBE a sociopath is what Kosaki was banking on in the final episode. That he'd trade his friend for his own safety, but he didn't, despite him only being a potential liability.
>>
File: c041.jpg (797KB, 1244x867px) Image search: [Google]
c041.jpg
797KB, 1244x867px
It's generally agreed that and old crazy person is carrying the manga.
Kei is really stepping up as well, pretty based.
Kai needs to get out of prison already.

New chapter fucking when, or is there none this month?
>>
File: 019.jpg (288KB, 844x1200px) Image search: [Google]
019.jpg
288KB, 844x1200px
>>144393012
>Please don't mention that time
He is really bad with people, and really good with learning new skills and applying intelligence.
So he might have some light aspergers, but no way is he a sociopath
>>
>>144393151
new chapter is when they lost decisively and hat is proposing to chop kei's head off
>>
>>144393188
In the manga, this looks to be more emotional, but in the anime, he says it more matter-of-factly.

Like "dude, please don't talk about that". As for the whole "not happening" thing, I see it more as "no, I need to save you to save myself"
>>
>>144392174
if only the scanlation doesn't fucking jump chapters.
>>
>>144393381
nagai kei lies to himself a whole lot, he constructed his whole personality on being above needing other people. His training chapters prove he still has human needs like friendship and so on.
>>
>>144393381
>>144393471
I think it might be more about Nagai Kei having convinced himself of acting like a 'proper person', and keeping your word is part of it.
>>
>>144392030
Somehow I found this on my own lurking through season charts and mal, then looked up manga images on google and was mesmerized. Immediately downloaded anime without knowing its a fucking CGI.

I honestly considered dropping it based solely on this fact, glad I didn't, even though some moments are different in manga like crashing a plane with no survivors instead of controlled demolition part it's very well paced, every episode has a cliffanger that works and viewer wants more immediately. Can't wait for season 2.
>>
>>144392268
>I had an issue with the low framerates
This is really the only thing. There's nothing holding them back from rendering at a higher framerate, but gotta keep that anime feel. I will say it looked much better than Sidonia did. I think the natural lighting and colors utilized really assisted with making it look good. Everything flowed and reacted as naturally as it could. Looking forward to more of it.
>>
>>144392030
The protagonist was fucking awful. Literally the worst written main character in any show I've watched yet. Add on the fact that every other character and the plot are poorly written to. Put the bad animation on as the garnish. You're left with 2/3 pretty cool action scenes and a dozen episodes of garbage surrounding.
>>
>>144393012
>But whatever, I'm done arguing. You seem to be pretty set in your mindset and nothing will change

this >>144392782 Anon must be an animeonly fag, everyone that's read the manga knows Kei isn't a sociopath
>>
Pretty great.
People hate the CGI but I think if you compare Ajin and say, Berserk, you can tell that one did CGI right and the other did CGI wrong
>>
File: IMG_20160718_144243.jpg (185KB, 720x926px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160718_144243.jpg
185KB, 720x926px
>>144392030
nice
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.