[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | | Home]

Reee:Zero

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 401
Thread images: 67

File: toyoda.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
toyoda.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Elsa
>"You have no blessings or techniques. I'd hoped I could squeeze wisdom out of you, but you lack that too."
Subaru
>"Shut up! I do have my pride!"

When will Subaru become an archbishop?
>>
when will Subaru stop being a pathetic piece of shit

when will I stop being worthless shit

anyone wanna have a suicide pact?
>>
>>144385256
Is it even possible to make Elsa join Subaru's harem ?
>>
>>144385256
>You have no blessings or techniques. I'd hoped I could squeeze wisdom out of you, but you lack that too

Sum up Subaru so far.
Useless piece of shit.
I have no idea why people like him.
>>
>>144385256
Pig Ending.
>>
>>144386907
Well, I know why Rem likes him though. The only good thing he's done is saving her and her sister.
Other than that he's been shit.
>>
Subaru is useless self insertion. Let's face it. If you was him you'd be a useless fuck too.
>>
>>144386907
Because he represent /a/ very well.
>>
>>144385535
What harem?
>>
>>144387690
>Subaru is useless self insertion
Because when I self insert into a story, I want to be a miserable weakling who gets butchered every 10 minutes.
>>
>>144388157
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9aJB9obCI0
if you can die all cool and shit and fight people 100x stronger than you and still win then maybe?
He gits gud anyways
>>
>>144386907
He is a victim, sometimes of his mistakes, sometimes of things greatest than him.
Let me guess, you're sure to be superior, smarter and more clever than him?
>>
>>144388510
Most people would do better in Subaru's position.
I know i would.
>>
>>144388391
You're looking at it from a detached, top down view.
You know it's fiction so you don't care about a fictional death in a fictional story because you know your fictional character will respawn.
A character in that story doesn't have the luxury of knowing they're fictional characters in a fictional world. They're being written as if they're real people in a real world experiencing real things, and real people are averse to the idea of dying, especially considering how painful it is.

Of course, I'm not saying one way or another whether Re:Zero manages to accomplish said reality well, but that's the author's intent.
>>
What am I getting into here?
>>
>>144385314
Can we fkk first
>>
>>144388562
Faggot, there are things like the demon dogs that are objectively impossible to predict or psycho attitudes of Rem. Many of you believe that could survive without going to look for the Emilia vagina, but Emilia is probably a target imposed by Satella. Subaru is an unlikable character and I can understand that, but when I read about all of you idiots that you think you are Kirito, it's hilarious.

Are you like twelve?
>>
>>144388391
>He gits gud anyways
He's not even Rem-tier.
>>
>>144388829
Well Rem is quite strong.
>>
>>144388752
Why do people like you repeat kirito like a fucking mantra, as if there's no middle ground?

I am assuming i'd go help emilia in this case.
So what if you couldn't fucking predict those things, that's what return by death is for.
He would never even have been killed by Rem if he didn't act super suspicious in that loop, which is something pretty obvious you'd want to avoid if you're living with a pretender to the throne.
Finding out about the dogs wasn't fucking hard at all, he just had to spend 5 minutes asking obvious questions about the curse.
Either way i wouldn't be in any fucking hurry to solve the second loop considering you could die painlessly in your sleep and spend time learning magic and as much as possible about the world.
>>
>>144388886
Not compared to any of the relevant villains. Let's look at when he's fighting shaman puppy. He was completely outclassed. Now I'm sure he gets stronger, but now he has Beetlejuice, who's leagues stronger than that puppy. He turned Rem into a pile of shattered bone with apparent ease. We're back at square one. The gap is still there and just as wide.

Powering up a character is meaningless when they're always shit-tier compared to the current threats.
>>
File: 1340241579613.jpg (37KB, 405x289px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1340241579613.jpg
37KB, 405x289px
>>144388562
I don't even know what form of "faggot" insult I should throw at you.
>>
>>144388564
yeah, thats why people like the show. It makes fantasy dangerous again.
>>144388829
If a ant goes up to rat level thats one hell of an ant.
>>144389007
>power up is meaningless
Subaru's main ability Return by Death is the one that forces the plot forward. He'd just be Deadbaru without it.
If anything, it makes him completely unbeatable and invincible. So thats why the author needs to take away the side characters and make them 'very happy' to compensate because if the MC dies for good the story suffers too much.
>>
>>144389046
Subaru has done NOTHING particularly hard.
>>
>>144389173
except die and see those he loves sacrifice everything for him that he will forever remember to the point where he becomes a master plushie maker
>>
>>144389230
That's not fucking hard, that's just something that happened to him.

If you're talking about dealing with it, well he already deals with it pretty badly himself, i don't think most people would be worse off.
>>
>>144385256
Subaru has infinite auto resest nobody in the story can defeat him, literally and confirmed by the author.
>>
File: 324563.png (690KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
324563.png
690KB, 1280x720px
>>144389173
You'd have died the moment you had to fight the shaman dog, dumbass. Don't tell yourself you're a fearless supersoldier.
>>
File: 1462481221790.jpg (34KB, 390x350px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1462481221790.jpg
34KB, 390x350px
>>144385535
Harem?
>>
File: 1378868611174.png (73KB, 255x309px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1378868611174.png
73KB, 255x309px
>>144389173
>I totally could've survived against the disembowler even with 5 tries! That shit's easy!
>I totally would've succeeded in removing Ram's horn guys, trust me I'm a great swordsman!
>I definitely could buy time against a demonic hound bigger than a bear!
>I definitely wouldn't cave in, cry, and give up after dying repeatedly, seeing others get massacred repeatedly, unable to even talk to anyone about it!

You have a ludicrously high opinion of yourself.
>>
>>144386907
He is a good MC exactly because he is not another OP MC with hidden Godlike powers that will save him from any fight.
And I guess people forget that he came from the real world to a fantasy dimension so it makes sense that he doesnt know shit about anything.

Though his obsession with helping people even though he is the one who needs the most help is pretty stupid.
>>
The one thing about Re:Zero threads that I actually find amusing is all the probably-underage wannabe tough-guys who pretend like they won't have an emotional breakdown after dying a few times, from which they never recover.
>>
why does everyone hate him? actually worse than 8man
>>
>>144389867
8man is a hero
>>
File: 1467597422342.jpg (685KB, 1728x1748px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1467597422342.jpg
685KB, 1728x1748px
>Why doesn't he just kill himself
>Why isn't he min-maxing his abilities?
>Why isn't he going balls of steel and exploring different possibilities?

Except Subaru did all of that shit in an AU

http://ncode.syosetu.com/n2267be/430/

Emilia got mind-broken and full yandere with Subaru viewing her as nothing but a doll
Ram hates him because he technically "killed" her sister Rem
Rem is as good as dead
Beatrice is in such a sorry state that she can't even take a step without mentally breaking down
Elsa became his secret agent causing more harm than good
Reinhardt HATES him
Rosewaal is doing more atrocious shit than before
Subaru ends up being a hollow shell that kills himself because you asked how the weather is like

This is what happens you shrews.
NOW FUCK OFF
>>
File: 1452149138196.png (89KB, 524x499px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1452149138196.png
89KB, 524x499px
>>144389879
>rem AU
Nigger please.
>>
>>144389879
all you need is kill amirite
>>
>>144389941
That's not the Rem AU

The Rem AU are the chapters
>Rem Natsuki
>Oni and Happiness
>Fortune Roll Rhapsody
>Rigel Natsuki

Fite me.
>>
>>144389879
>Why isn't he min-maxing his abilities?
I always thought people were retarded for saying this in the first place, especially when they reference Edge of Tomorrow.
>Why doesn't he just keep training in swordsmanship like Tom Cruise did with his combat skills?
Subaru's using his physical body. No matter how much he trains, even if his technique is great, he'll never progress physically. Any muscle gain/muscle memory would be negated when he dies. Tom Cruise was practicing fighting in a suit. He didn't need to worry about physicality.
>Why doesn't he max his magic?
Exact same reason. His gate is shit, repeating time won't improve it. He can't increase his mana bar or level up to get new spells.

The only thing Subaru could improve with his RbD is pure sword technique, without any of the necessary muscles and nerve connections to make that skill useful. Subaru can't power up with RbD no matter what he does.
>>
>>144389731

You realize you don't have to follow in Subaru's footsteps right? It'd be pretty easy to avoid going to the loot house and the dark alley after the first time. Subaru just loves brute-forcing his way through the wall instead of going around it.
>>
File: 32.jpg (30KB, 390x310px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
32.jpg
30KB, 390x310px
>>144390017
Dumbasses always tell themselves they'd be a better hero than the hero they're watching whenever he's even remotely realistic.

Let me break this to you: The moment you were disembowled the first time, the moment you rez you'd probably curl up in a corner clinging your stomach to hold in organs you're imagining are still falling out. You're not a super tough badass leagues smarter than Subaru that could easily breeze through this show's plot.

You're a fucking weaboo that'd just fail in different ways. What's with this show and rising people's egos?
>>
>>144389738

he's literally another OP MC with hidden godlike powers that will save him from any fight, just because he doesn't outright win doesn't mean he's not broken, he can try again for millenia until he gets it right, that's as strong a power as it gets
>>
File: 1467326212818.png (391KB, 800x448px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1467326212818.png
391KB, 800x448px
>>144389879
No matter how many times you post that dumbasses will always ignore it.
>>
>>144390183
>, he can try again for millenia until he gets it right, that's as strong a power as it gets
>implying you wouldn't go insane from getting murdered hundreds of times over and over again
>>
>>144388918

Not him, but can you name an example of a self-insert character that is neither extreme? Neither Gary Stu nor useless NEET?
>>
File: 1335407925164.png (13KB, 438x499px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1335407925164.png
13KB, 438x499px
>>144389879
Anyone care to elaborate? How does Subaru starting a suicidal training montage lead to THAT?
>>
>>144390006
>muscle memory
You know that's not actually a thing, right? Since his long-term memory is being transferred upon death, I think it's a fair assumption to make that motor control is transferred too.
>>
File: 1448240501288.jpg (173KB, 625x352px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1448240501288.jpg
173KB, 625x352px
>>144389879
>本編ではなく、IF世界のお話になります!
>not canon, confirmed directly by author
So, it isn't what would happen in the canon universe. It's what would happen in the AU which isn't canon.

>なお、本編とは全く異なる世界のお話ですので、キャラクターたちの関係性など大きく変化していますが、ご了承ください。
>the character vary WILDLY from the main plot
Confirmed that it isn't the same characters either.

So, why doesn't canonSubaru grind in the canon universe?
>>
what the fuck was his problem?

I'm talking about his accent btw
>>
>>144390311
>So, why doesn't canonSubaru grind in the canon universe?
Why does everyone keep acting like repeated suicide would be easy and painless?
>>
>>144390349
you're bound to get use to it,
>>
File: 303061.jpg (35KB, 225x350px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
303061.jpg
35KB, 225x350px
>walk into an alley
>this guy slaps your ass
>>
File: 1467196542468.jpg (9KB, 192x187px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1467196542468.jpg
9KB, 192x187px
>>144390311
Do you hear yourself?
The reason it isn't canon is because its a AU if what would happen if he did do everything that has been listed

>Why doesn't he just kill himself
>Why isn't he min-maxing his abilities?
>Why isn't he going balls of steel and exploring different possibilities?

>Confirmed that it isn't the same characters either.

They are WILDLY different because of the things above. Have you not heard of the butterfly effect you shitter?
>>
>>144390397
Do I not even have a choice of what do? I just accept my fate?
>>
>>144385314
The irony is that the main reason he's such a pathetic piece of shit is because of his hurt pride. Every time someone points out how much he sucks, he loses his mind, like a kid who can't stand being wrong.

His pride causes his Lust for Emilia's approval.
His pride causes his Gluttony to be a hero.
His pride causes his Greed which Anastasia used against him.
His pride causes his Sloth for failing to save Rem.
His pride causes his Wrath against everyone that stands in his way.

Truly, Pride is the source of all sins.
>>
>>144390283
Read the chapter
>>
>>144390311
Do you know what a fucking IF chapter is? Its what would happen IF canon Subaru did all of the shit you suggested.
>>
>>144390427
now that you mention it, didn't someone asked him if he was "pride"?
>>
File: 1344053920125.jpg (51KB, 554x439px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1344053920125.jpg
51KB, 554x439px
>>144390384
No, you're really, really not. I can't even imagine you'll never be able to shrug off the feeling of your body shattering and splattering against stone from a cliff jump, the cold feeling of bleeding to death if he slit his wrists, etc.

It's not like I can speak from experience, but I just can't believe you're "bound to get used to" dying or killing yourself.
>>
File: 1442909664055.jpg (91KB, 538x538px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1442909664055.jpg
91KB, 538x538px
>>144390400
This board is for anime and manga, not fan fiction discussion. Even if it's by the same author, the story has a foreword that specifically states "this is a fiction of the main piece and isn't to be taken seriously."

>>144390485
Clearly not, since it's stated that the characters are different from the beginning.
>>
>>144390183
He can revive at a certain point in time. How is that winning a fight?
He will still die no matter how many times he fight.
Its like a sandbag that gets punched till the sand comes out and gets refilled again for another session.
Subaru is as OP as Wile Coyote.
>>
>>144390283
Subaru becomes so OP that he had to kill and fend off Reinhardt like, 20 times before forcing him to join his party. Due to Felt leaving the royal candidacy to support Subaru. The fallout was not pleasant.
>>
>>144390431
Obviously I can't read moon.
>>
>>144390349
Im sure at some point you get use to it and if not then at some point you have to go "It's time to step up" and tough it out
>>
>>144390654
>then at some point you have to go "It's time to step up" and tough it out
Why does everyone keep acting like repeated suicide would be easy and painless?
>>
>>144390548
>Subaru becomes so OP that he had to kill and fend off Reinhardt like, 20 times
Literally how? In the other thread all those blessings he has makes him pretty much invincible if you're not a reality warper.
>>
>>144390349
>>144390687
fuck off normalfag
>>
>>144390687
You get used to the pain, though. Haven't you gone to a dentist before?
>>
>>144390533
>Clearly not, since it's stated that the characters are different from the beginning.

Obviously they would be very different especially Subaru. As it would completely go against his character to min-max and explore all possibilities and do repeated suicides.

They would all be different character from day one if SUbaru was also different from day one.
>>
>>144390717
Isn't it obvious?
You use Felt.
Then you finish him off.
>>
>>144390736
>Haven't you gone to a dentist before?
Yeah, and it's never involved falling off a cliff. What kind of fuckstupid analogy is that?
>>
>>144390687
Would you rather die a meaningless death every time or at least learn something?
>>
>>144390825
>Would you rather die a meaningless death every time or at least learn something?
He learns critical information about future events, the world, and others every time he dies. That's far more useful than swordfighting. If the real question is
>Why doesn't Subaru abuse RbD to win at everything
Then the way he's using it is far more effective. Prophet powers >>>>>>>> how well you can fight.
>>
Oh, now I see the sins that Subaru possesses:
The swelling emotions, the overflowing affection only made unstoppable sins start arising to the surface.
――The Sloth, of not being able to wipe her tears.

――The Lust, of wanting to melt together and become one.

――The Gluttony, of wanting to devour and snatch away at everything around her.

――The Greed, of wanting to love, demand and obtain everything.

――The Pride, of wanting to radicalize everything other than her.

――And the Wrath, towards the world that would not allow him that.

A little poetic here, aren't we, author?
>>
>>144390786
>falling off a cliff

Which is less painful and quicker than going to a dentist which you have to do repeatedly to keep your dental health.

If you can go to the dentist, then you can kill yourself.
>>
File: 1391628463625.jpg (4KB, 201x251px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1391628463625.jpg
4KB, 201x251px
>>144390957
>If you can go to the dentist, then you can kill yourself.
Why is this sentence so funny?
>>
>>144390957
>less painful
I think the .1 seconds of pain you'd feel hitting the ground would be worse than 10 minutes of someone drilling a tooth.

That is assuming your brain is fast enough to transmit that pain before you die, however. I honestly don't know.
>>
>>144390283
Forced contract with Beatrice. Witch fuckery, hostage abusing, constant respawning, random checkpoint system.
>>
File: 1455491886091.jpg (65KB, 714x682px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1455491886091.jpg
65KB, 714x682px
>>144390957
>If you can go to the dentist, then you can kill yourself.
>>
File: why.jpg (23KB, 288x499px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
why.jpg
23KB, 288x499px
>>144391031
>Forced contract with Beatrice
Of all his allies, how could he mistreat Beako?
>>
>>144391030
You can always fall head first.
>>
>>144390957
There's a number of things wrong with this post, but one of the funnier ones is that there are a LOT of adults who can't go to the dentist out of fear.

>It is estimated that as many as 75% of US adults experience some degree of dental fear, from mild to severe.[2][3][4] Approximately 5 to 10 percent of U.S. adults are considered to experience dental phobia; that is, they are so fearful of receiving dental treatment that they avoid dental care at all costs.[5]
>>
>>144391056
Because this version of Subaru doesn't have feelings or empathy.
>>
>>144390142
I'm pretty sure anyone would get used to seeing their own bowels falling out of their stomachs and dying after a few respawns. When you can cheat death, there's no way you don't start fearing it less.
>>
>>144390867
Ok, say for example he has quite a bit of knowledge regarding the future. What then? Ask for help? Repel it himself?

> Ask for help?
No, speaking currently is a madman who cant reason.
>but he asked the merchants to help him anon.
there is 1%(at best) he will even make it out alive.
> how to fix?
Either someone needs to say something to him or he just needs to die a couple more time to get his head straight
> Repel it himself?

lel.
>>
>>144391103
I'd also like to point out that these are people who are willing to endure excruciating amounts of chronic, continuous pain, to avoid the imagined pain of visiting a dentist out of psychological trauma.

If a dentist drilling your teeth can cause that kind of PTSD, dying a few times would make most people drooling vegetables.
>>
>>144388510
There are people who don't believe they'd do better than Subaru?
>>
>>144392042
>There are people who don't believe they'd do better than Subaru?
Yeah, people that aren't fucking retards desperate to self-insert and tell themselves they'd be perfect for the hero position. 99.9% of anons would do just as badly as him, or worse.

But then there are idiots that think they're fucking Chuck Norris combined with Einstein.
>>
>all these people thinking they could do better than Subaru when they can't even succeed in getting a career or a gf
>>
File: 1335128095357.jpg (104KB, 1027x958px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1335128095357.jpg
104KB, 1027x958px
To every anon saying
>I'd do better in the MC position
congrats, you're just as guilty of his "I have to be MC!!!" bullshit that gets him constantly fucked over.
>>
>>144389731
>everyone is as mentally unstable as subaru
I get where you are coming from, but you have to realize subaru is an especially flawed individual and most others would probably do better.
This is assuming they are more well adjusted individuals and actually graduated HS
>>
File: 1468862638541.jpg (157KB, 596x699px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1468862638541.jpg
157KB, 596x699px
>all these retarded anons saying shit like
>atleast he's not an OP Gary Stu and yadayada

It's like you fucking retards have never come across those semi competent MC's or those that fuck up sometimes and eventually get it over with.

Subaru is the literal opposite of a Gary stu in a bad way as he just fucks up and then fucks up again. This is just annoying to watch just as if he were an annoying gary stu that solved everything.
>>
>>144392883
Holy shit, you faggots are so deluded it's just hilarious. I get we all have our hero fantasies, but I'm not retarded enough to say that I'd make a good one. You are
A) an unrealistic egoist
B) a massive retard
If you actually think you'd make a better Subaru. The end.
>>
>>144392898
Have we been watching the same show? Yes, he fucks up repeatedly, but that's the whole point of his power. We've currently got 2 major arcs completed so far, and he was crucial in the happy resolution of both. We're in the middle of the 3rd, of course he's riding the failtrain.
>>
>>144392758
Anon, you are giving him way too much fucking credit. He had to be gored about 5 times before he finally realized he could come back.
He acts like an asshole and launches himself into situations where he'd be fucking killed; he lacks alot of fucking common sense.
He doesn't realize his fucking bounds, this is why he keeps getting killed.
He has attachment issues and a sense of duty to people he hasn't known for a month.
He's insecure as fuck.
He's self-hating like fuck.

Let's be honest, you cannot expect a non-mentally ill anon to go in and be as fucked up as him.
The whole reason he's despairing is because he feels helpless and blames his self instead of recognizing he's in a fucked up environment and trying to get gud.

Also because he's impulsive he fucks up his gate etc.

He's a tragic character with tragic flaws
He's meant to be more flawed than a normal person
>>
>>144393002
He's going to continue failing and failing no matter what and he's becoming broken because of it.

This is just torture porn at this rate.
>>
>>144388562
>literally has jackie chan "i want no trabr" table fighting skills
>doing better
>>
File: 1466517076674.jpg (160KB, 850x1172px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1466517076674.jpg
160KB, 850x1172px
>>144385256
Elsa
>"Then I'll squeeze that pride out of you. Every. last. drop."

And that's how doujins are born. It's not that difficult if you try.
>>
>>144393014
>Anon, you are giving him way too much fucking credit
And you and other anons are pathetically deluded. I never said he's perfect, not even that he's especially good. I just said none of us are much better. And you're a fucking idiot if you think differently. Anons,

You. Are. Not. Action. Heroes. Get the fuck over it. You'd probably cry and give up by this point in the story.
>>
>>144392791
But most people would do better, not many would give a shit about Emilia in the first place.
>>
>>144392971
> but I'm not retarded enough to say that I'd make a good one
>implying im saying that
I'm saying better than subaru
>implying he didn't die all of those fucking times because oneitis and sense of duty
Any normal person would not be that fucking attached to strangers
If they met, he'd tell reinhardt/some other authority figure and be on his fucking way
He'd go into Reinhardt's custody because its fucking smart
Sure this may eventually lead to Emilia being killed and Puck rampaging, but again-Reinhardt.
Just go work at an inn or some shit and blend in with the fucking setting until you can get on your feet.
>>
>all these useless shits that think everyone is as useless as them

>finding himself in a different world he instantly thinks he's the protagonist in a anime/game and spergs out
>takes like 4 deaths to realize he comes back
>the entire MASSIVE fuck up at the royal selection
>being an asshole to Reinhardt when you've been told he might as well be God

Would I do better against Elsa? No. Would I do better against Rem? No. Would I do better against Julius? No. Would I do better against Betelgeuse? Nope. Would I not be a sperg and therefore avoid 99% of these combat situations? Yeah. I'm not talking about his combat skills, I'm talking about his terrible fucking social skills and judgement, which is what got him into this shit in the first place.

Mansion arc is the only one where he wasn't a massive fuckup.
>>
>>144388562
if i went through what subaru has i'd probably have given up long before now
>>
why is he such a loser
>>
>>144393154
>not many would give a shit about Emilia in the first place
That's not how hormones work.
>>
I give up.

You're all right. Your 13 year-old fantasies are totally accurate. You're cool, calculating, would never be pushed into irrational decisions by all this insane suffering, and would solve all these arcs without making enemies or without breaking down.

You're all potential superheroes. Now go out to stop crime and get shot to death for me.
>>
>>144393228
>That's not how hormones work.
Actually, that's not how curses work.

I dislike that they've omitted/not revealed this plot point yet, it makes his character a whole lot more coherent.
>>
>>144393272
>dislike that they've omitted/not revealed this plot point yet, it makes his character a whole lot more coherent

Bullshit i need ciaiton for this shit.

If the only reason he is attracted to her is because of some curse that's just pureshit writing just to force MC in to all this torture.
>>
Fuck training, Subaru should have found some kind of lottery by now, money fixes most problems and certainly fit Subaru better than training or convincing others.
>>
>>144393126
>You are not action heros
This is part of his problem.
He started out optimistic and deluded throwing himself into dangerous situations, got fucked accordingly, then proceeded to cry about it.
All while he developed dependency on the people he thought he could save/had no real affiliation with; this pulls him into even more bullshit.
Why not come into the world and start out with a goal to eventually become a craftsman or teacher? Why the fuck do you want to play the fucking hero?
Lets not pretend most of his suffering isn't a direct effect of his decisions since he decided to come here.
Rem good end occurs because he removes himself from said shitty political environment.
>>
>>144393190
>terrible fuckin social skills
Why are you on /a/ then? >>144393368
>win lottery
>get killed by fantasy mafia
>>
File: 1439752255147.gif (2MB, 1100x500px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1439752255147.gif
2MB, 1100x500px
>>144385535
Considering he guts her like a fish...no.
>>
File: 1465369324650.jpg (33KB, 500x654px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1465369324650.jpg
33KB, 500x654px
>you will never be loved by rem
>>
>>144393417
>fantasy mafia
The worst part is that it sounds exactly like the kind of shit that would happen, MC is a bad end magnet.
>>
>>144390311
Character relatioships vary
>>
File: 1467637170212.jpg (17KB, 480x480px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1467637170212.jpg
17KB, 480x480px
>>144393417
>Why are you on /a/ then?
Not everyone here is a loser, so stop projecting yourself on others.
>>
>>144394539
Why so aggressive then? Where are your great social skills?
>>
>>144393319
So if it' s love is shit and if it's a curse is shit too?
>>
>>144391271

>proving his point

Good job!
>>
>>144385256
Isn't looping already archbishop-tier ability?
>>
if you guys thing you are all so smart, what would you do in his situation right now?
The candidates are all cunts and ram and emilia are about to die along with the village
>>
>>144396086

>disregard Emilia
>fugg Rem
>>
>>144393228
Pretty sure I'd give up on a girl no matter how hot if it costs my life
>>
Is Subaru the most meta character in anime? This thread makes me think he is.
>>
>>144396086
>>144396134
This, I'd take that huge sack of gold, rent a fancy room, grab some wine and fugg rem until she couldn't walk.
Neck myself and do it again.
>>
File: cant ruse the geuse.png (467KB, 1236x1080px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
cant ruse the geuse.png
467KB, 1236x1080px
>>144390509
This guy
>>
>>144396134
>disregard Emilia
>Rem doesn't want to deal with a cunt who doesn't give a shit about her master
>>
>>144396241
you are under estimating how much rem loves him. They ran away in the AU remember?
However I doubt she would happily be with him if she got the message that ram died.
>>
>guy who repeatedly dies because of his close proximity to people who can casually kill him with a thought

Even played for drama this premise is dumb. I would have left town after the first time.
>>
>>144393228
I'd give up on Emilia if I realised that Rem likes me.
>>
>>144396086
Cmon,we ve been over it.
>Get Cruschs help
>But...but
Accept it what Crusch did was dumb,she had more strategic advantage helping Subaru than anything.I will just remind her what she gets.
>Tell I can predict future
Just tell it only happens in rare and unpredictable instances and how I saved a village from a beast like that
>Apologize to Julius and just get jis help
>>
>>144390427
Subaru is a true samurai ;_;
>>
>>144396331
>Accept it what Crusch did was dumb,she had more strategic advantage helping Subaru than anything.I will just remind her what she gets.

How so?
>>Tell I can predict future

Would you believe someone who told you that?
>Apologize to Julius and just get jis help

Why would he do that?
>>
>>144393168
>I'm better than the MC because I would ignore the story's plot!
>>
reminder that he could have gotten Julius's help which would have been enough if he hadn't pissed him off and fought him.
And the other candidates would have treated him with more respect if he hadn't embarrassed himself in episode 13
>>
>>144396563
>how so?
Using simple language
>Do you believe?
Oh yes ,this is definitely not a fantasy world where magic does not exist
>Why would he do that
He wouldnt.I would after realizing why Julius fought me.
>>
>>144396563
>Would you believe someone who told you that?
Would you find it hard to believe in a world where people casually destroys cities with their minds and precognition is actually shown to exist?
>>
>>144396674
>Using simple language

You know that is now what I meant.
>Oh yes ,this is definitely not a fantasy world where magic does not exist

This does not mean that there you can trust anyone who tells you he has magic powers.
You still need some kind of proof.
You know that
>He wouldnt.I would after realizing why Julius fought me.

This was my mistake.
Why do you believe Julius would help him?

>>144396741
I would find it hard with no proof that he could do it, not the it does not exist.
You still need logic even if by different rules.
>>
>>144396674
Oh and I wouldnt have gotten into the whole Julius situation in the first place
>>
>>144396770
theres enogh and more situations he can use a proof.Like how he saved the village from mabeast or even how he found about the ring
>>
>>144396825
And who could vouch for him?
Rem?
Why would Croutch believe Rem?
She could ask the villagers, but why go to that lenght?
Also if she did that wouldn't she need permission from Emilia in order to enter her domain?
Would Emilia allow it?
>>
>>144396922
>>144396770
>Thats not what I meant
>Croutch
Ok,lets excuse the terrible writing and just assume Crusch is a dumb stubborn bitch
>Proof?
Mabeat,some random incident that day,some secret she said before
>Julius
What makes you think he wouldn't. Hes a knight and its his duty.Considering he tarnished his reputation to save just Subaru,what makes you think he wouldnt for a village
>>
>>144396922
>Permission
Is that really a priority now?
>>
I really hates nobility and monarchy after seeing these episodes.
Anyone who realized how comfy and under appreciated democracy is after these episodes?
>>
>>144393154
Except you got the whole kingdom froze by Pack. Have you forgotten that his head fell apart at the end?
>>
>>144393168
This is not KonoSuba and you're denying the author's story-telling.
>>
>>144396086
I would've been dead more than 4 times in first arc alone for not speaking to people and gathering info and still won't know what the heck killed me.
>>
>>144397374
Elected representatives are just as capable of being assholes as the aristocracy.
>>
>>144397374
True, at least we can shittalk those in positions of power in a democracy without being put up for execution.
>>
File: 1468838136978.png (721KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1468838136978.png
721KB, 1280x720px
>yfw they didn't show Subaru's eyes throughout the whole episode until this moment
>>
>>144386907
People like Subaru precisely because he's flawed. He's trying his best even while having PTSD and having no one to talk to about his curse.
>>
I'm sure Elsa will return in arc 9.
>>
File: 1468782336128.png (2MB, 642x2609px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1468782336128.png
2MB, 642x2609px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-Su1YXQYek


>W H I T E
>H
>A
>L
>E

>H O L Y G R A I L
>>
When will betelgeuse get a spinoff?
>>
Did they explain how or why he came to that other world?
>>
>>144397822
This
I would have died countless times awkwardly walking around the city and avoiding human contact while sleeping in alleys

The witch would eventually get sick of my shit and start sending me hints
>>
>>144398728
Summoned by a witch apparently, probably to become the bishop of pride.
>>
>>144390427
So he only has Envy left?
>>
>>144389731
To be fair those aren't the aspects I don't like about Subaru. I'm fine with his crying, depression, and insanity. I'm fine with him being a shitty swordsman. I'm fine with his consistent dying.

It's his intelligence that irritates me. He's dumb as bricks. It took him painfully long to realize that he has the ability to return after dying, despite having memories of what happened previously.

I was willing to let that go and he did show some form of intelligence in the Mabeasts arc when he asked for information about curses and planted a trap with an escape strategy to figure out who the murderer was.

But then the next arc happened. His behavior around Emilia, and his irrational behavior at the palace is absolutely horrendous. He's just so stupid.

I'm fine with him making mistakes. But he just doesn't seem to get it. He doesn't learn.

I was told that it is still too early in the series. Maybe he grows as a character, I don't know. But right now it's irritating to watch him make the same mistakes, be consistently stubborn, and show no level of self growth.

It also makes no sense to me that he finds so much comfort and passion towards people he just met like Emilia and Rem and Ram (when he says "I loved you guys"). But maybe that was just inadequacies in the writing more than anything else.

Subaru has the potential to be a good character, who fails and has flaws, but because of his ability he figures stuff out and succeeds in the end (the way he has overcome problems so far is usually via plot convenience rather than anything he does in particular).

He falls short of that expectation.
>>
>>144399062
If he was smart, he wouldn't have been on the verge of dropping out of high school
>>
File: 1467836774716.jpg (45KB, 387x356px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1467836774716.jpg
45KB, 387x356px
>>144389731
>>144390142
I'm pretty sure most people are thinking about his interpersonal experiences in the capital and mansion, not the fights he gotten himself into. It's just frustrating when the writing ignores obvious avenues for Subaru to explore for the sake of pushing the story.

The most egregious is not just using respawn to exploit speculative markets.

>>144399062
I don't think he's unintelligent, he just has a rotten personality that clouds his abilities. The deadly sins are a great guideline for what makes shitty people shitty; Subaru suffers under his pride, greed, sloth and wrath. He's a pitiful person.
>>
>>144398819
Ah. Damn. Too tired to read properly. He asking in that situation on latest ep.

I would've chickened out entirely instead of rage when Crusch said "nope, don't wanna".

Still wouldn't lick that foot anyways and just walked out and said "*sigh* Forget it."

I probably have forgotten that guy's name or whatever position he had when asked by Anastasia. Even if I do remember, I just think it off as irrelevant.
>>
File: 1468369567392.jpg (29KB, 274x304px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1468369567392.jpg
29KB, 274x304px
>>144386907
Because I want to fuck him. Preferably while he's sobbing and dying.
>>
Anyone else get the Yen Press LN? It's out as of today.
>>
Reminder that Subaru is OP and the plot literally demands that he always wins.
>>
>>144399391
You and me mah nigga.
>>
File: 1468029067951-2.jpg (160KB, 831x1100px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1468029067951-2.jpg
160KB, 831x1100px
>>144396922
>>144396770
>>144396674
You're an idiot. Proof would be obtainable very easily: just go through the day, find a couple random events that happen in succession at X time, then kys, and call them out in front of Crusch

Subaru could easily explain himself as having visions of the future, and also that he's learned they're not fates sealed in stone. He can see his possible route forward and knows the consequences of that route. That's why he makes efforts to intervene.

It's not essentially incorrect and in practice exactly the same.

>>144396241
Disregarding Emily isn't an option, if she dies, Puck freezes the kingdom

>>144396086
>raise money through economic speculation - exploiting respawn to predict the market
>use funds to hire mercenary army and fastest travel available
>send villagers to hide in mansion
>slay witch cult
>repeat as much as needed to get efficiency & timing down
>>
>>144390427
He dropped his pride and got kicked in the face, and called a crazy lunatic loser. What now?
>>
>>144399391
I'd give then money if they didn't have such a retarded release schedule.
>>
>>144399516
Now he becomes the bishop of pride, of course.
>>
>>144390347
He's in love with someone who only likes things she finds interesting, so he probably tries his hardest to be as interesting as possible.
>>
>>144399643
Who? Priscilla?
>>
>>144399680
Echidna
>>
File: Screenshot (315).png (840KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Screenshot (315).png
840KB, 1360x768px
>Subaru chooses to go with the Knights instead of Emilia

What happens?
>>
>>144399816
He'd join the army.
>>
>>144390349
Because they are absurd.
>>
>>144399816
He realized Emilia is a shitter that has no place ruling a fucking country.
>>
Spoiler for the next episode, please?
>>
File: 0ChTrsr.png (433KB, 1280x738px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
0ChTrsr.png
433KB, 1280x738px
>>144399516
>He dropped his pride
>>
>>144400014
The irony of that statement just hit me.
>>
>>144399816
He becomes butt buddies with Reinhard and are bros for life.
>>
>>144400011
What a waste of digits.
>>
>>144399937
No different than the Queen, right?
>>
>>144399888
For who though? He'd have no reason to. He could just laze around at Reinhard's place or whatever.
>>
>>144400056
Well you're right. If Emilia told him to join the army, he would. Other than that, he won't.
>>
I'm watching this show on episode 12 and I'm really liking it so far, but I think the subs I've been reading are bad.

Could someone explain me the reason Ram was dehorned? Was the village attacked? Did she go randomly berserk and kill people until put down?
>>
>>144400041
> butt buddies with Reinhard
Subaru isn't gay.
>>
>>144400214
It's not gay when it's with Reinharfd.
>>
>>144400122
Demons without horns tend to become weak, so they cut it off, presumably while protecting Rem. The Flashback doesn't really explain anything further than that.
>>
Subaru only gets Satella's affection (and thus returns by death) because he is Subaru. Saying that you'd do better than Subaru is fucking dumb, because THIS IS SOMETHING ONLY HE CAN DO; If you somehow replaced Subaru and did a great job at everything, you wouldn't be revived, because that's not a Subaru thing to do.

Subaru being a fucking idiot isn't the misuse of RbD, IT'S THE CONDITION FOR IT.
>>
>>144396086
I would just give up and try to get a job at the city with Rem.
>>
>>144400257

Ok, thanks.
>>
>>144400122
>>144400257
Also, by 'they' I mean the Witch cultist members who attacked the village
>>
>>144400235
>It's not gay when it's with Reinhard.
I wouldn't be surprised if that was one of his blessings/buffs word by word.
>>
Am I the only one that doesn't give a fuck about any of the characters and just enjoys seeing them suffering? Sometimes you fags just care too much about Subaru, whether you love or hate him. I just like to see him get BTFO and constantly be an embarrassment. Rem getting twisted into mush was particularly delightful.
>>
>>144400122
The village was attacked by witch cultists, they are the ones who cut off Ram's horn.

This is also why Rem is so cutthroat when she thought Subaru might have been a witch cultist due to the witches miasma that she could smell coming off of him each time he resets.

She hates anything that has a connection with the witch.
>>
File: 1455677790898.png (86KB, 380x264px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1455677790898.png
86KB, 380x264px
>>144396241
>>144396134
you guys really think Rem just gonna let her sister die?

>>144396331
after embarrassing shits that happened in the palace i doubt anyone will take Subaru's words seriously. he is fool
>>
>>144400329
>no homo even if they dicks touch blessing
Truly the best boy.
>>
File: Love for love.jpg (109KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Love for love.jpg
109KB, 1440x810px
>>144400369
If the show didn't make me care about the character and i was only watching it for suffering, i'd watch some videos of people getting run over.

I caring about the characters is a good thing, since this is supposed to be a story.
>>
>>144400122
>>144400288
You're a fucking idiot. Keep watching.
You'll get answers in literally 2 episodes.

>>144400257
Stop spreading false information.
>>
>>144396086
Go to Reinhard no matter what. Subaro already know he is broken to a certain extent, respected among knights, considers Subaro his friend and is a nice guy in general.
He is the first person he should go for help.

Not going to the ceremony would have been a great idea as well since that only gave a pretty bad impression of him.
>>
File: 1462987267076.webm (371KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1462987267076.webm
371KB, 1280x720px
>>144400432
It's likely your dicks can't touch to begin with.
>>
>>144400046
What
>>
>>144400510
>Stop spreading false information.
How is it false information, when I explained what happened in the Flashback?
>>
File: 1458683779305.png (2KB, 187x147px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1458683779305.png
2KB, 187x147px
>gains TWO authorities
>still weak as shit
I understand that MC being pathetic is the main gimmick of this show but holy shit it gets old.
>>
>>144400011
Check them
>>
>>144400666
Fuck off Satan.
>>
>>144400666
WITNESSED!
>>
>>144400576
So, that means that he doesn't need to use lube?
Nice.
>>
>>144400666
Thanks Satan
>>
>>144385535
There's actually a what-if story where she works under him.
>>
>>144400666

Dark Lord Subaru?
>>
>>144400666
nice
>>
>>144385256
>>"Shut up! I do have my pride!"
>5 minutes ago was on his knees willing to lick legs
>>
How does Reinhardts blessing swork?
>>
>>144401006
He downloads them from Goddess server.
>>
>>144401006
Hax.
>>
Subaru is the perfect main character because he's just like everyone else, he's like you and me and all of us. Don't get me wrong, i'm not talking about his personality. I'm talking about that "THINGS WILL WORK OUT IF I PUT ENOUGH EFFORT" mentality.

If you even for a second think you'd be better off than Subaru in his position, that makes you exactly like him.

Anything other than realising how absolutely fucked you are from Day 1 puts you on his level automatically.

Anyone who says "hurr durr i'll just die ovr and ovr till i bcum ultim8 warr0r!" is even stupider than Subaru. Borderline autistic.
>>
>>144400659
If I give you a sword, would you be able to use it as well as people who actually have the talent for swordplay, or trained for it after years?
>>
>>144400954
He was doing it for himself, to satisfy his own hate boner and inflated ego. He's an ends justify the means kind of guy.

>>144401006
Sworkily.
>>
>>144400954
He retained his pride and was actually greedy because he pretended it was all for Emilia.
HE was proud in pretending to be selfless in his actions.
>>
>>144401105
I will not go spouting tropes and stalking some half-elf, albeit hot, ass.
>>
>>144400659
Subaru suddenly becoming as strong as Betelgeuse would be really bad considering that's like an endgame-tier of power and Arc 3 isn't even the halfway point.
>>
>>144401105
>he's just like everyone else
Don't lie to yourself. He has been made purposely stupid, nothing wrong with that but it is true that half of his decisions are dumb as fuck.
>>
>>144400014
>Average_Dota2_player.jpg
>>
>>144401136
He can respawn after death so he can train himself by looping one day to the point where he's able to use Hands at least half-decently.
>>
>>144401279
He would have said "cyka blyat" then.
>>
File: 54353543535353534.jpg (83KB, 475x381px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
54353543535353534.jpg
83KB, 475x381px
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Aw1WnNVcYw
>Mastodon is official Re:Zero threads band
>>
>>144390427
>he loses his mind, like a kid who can't stand being wrong.

From experience, those are the worst type of people I've met iRL.
>>
>>144401363
We are blessed with the best Music and the best Main Girl
>>
>>144401006
Which one? The guy has a ton.
>>
>>144401279
Puta bobo.
>>
File: 1467648833270.jpg (29KB, 427x358px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1467648833270.jpg
29KB, 427x358px
Are the webnovels translated anywhere?
>>
>>144401717
Sekrit club.
>>
File: 5435464646456464.jpg (188KB, 1815x914px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
5435464646456464.jpg
188KB, 1815x914px
>>144401425
I will bless this thread
>https://twitter.com/ishi_kei/status/755432579474481156
>>
>>144401717
Google it. But it would take eight years for the translation to catch up to where it's now, don't fucking bother
>>
>>144401717
>more than 30 volumes
>translation
>>
>>144400666
NO WAY
>>
>>144400235
But Reinhard has nothing Subaru wants, so Subaru would probably just make Reinhard suck his dick or whatever.
>>
>>144401766
>>144401853
So does everyone just suck off translators for spoilers to keep ahead of the curve?
>>
>>144400666
>these digits.
>Satela spoiling him next episode
g-guys I'm scared
>>
>>144401331
Dumb retard poster. That's not how it works
>>
>>144402020
Less than five people can read japanese here. Discussions happening mostly at night
>>
>>144402065
Shit I meant spooking.
is this Satela doing?
>>
>It's another re:zero is actually somehow surprisingly shit! thread.

It's not surprising if you have a brain.
>>
>>144402286
you need to enjoy his failings
>>
>>144398256
I think he entered the zone.
>>
>>144390303
>muscle memory doesn't exist
yes it does retard, it's why you don't have to think about every single muscle while swimming or riding a bike or walking
>>
Reminder to treat your Barusu well, he needs love too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKL7_96YGGI
>>
>>144401277
Only his decision to go deal with Emilia to the castle. That's his big fault which is his ego, which leads him to make bad choices.
Pretty much everything else is pretty normal, even better than most.
He's not an idiot, he's figured things out quite well. He's not weak either, he's just surrounded by superhumans.
>>
>>144402591
Subaru is good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcxymYeicUk
>>
>>144402743
>he's figured things out quite well
Tell me one thing he has figured on his own aside from the curse thing plan he made which is the only really intelligent thing he has done.

>everything else is pretty normal
The moment he was summoned to another world and he was just like "I was summoned to another world like nothing, good", he was clearly not acting normal. That's only a reaction an incredible calm and collected individual could have or an fucking dumb-ass that doesn't have idea of risks or anything. Which one is Subaro should be obvious to the viewer/reader after the first episode.
>>
File: Craycray.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Craycray.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
Reminder that Subaru was going to kill Crusch.
>>
>>144387188
Also, because she's seen his good side: he's willing to risk pain and injury (if not TECHNICALLY death) for the sake of people he cares about. He takes the time to get to know people, even when he has little to gain from it. Essentially, she's seeing the positive aspects of his obsessive clinginess and desperate need to belong.
>>
>>144403009
I wish he did, and the other two as well. Then leap back.
>>
>>144402430
The point is that that is in your brain not your literal muscles
>>
>>144403074
This "savescaming" shit training works only in game worlds. It's useless in Subaru's case. His savepoints are too short
>>
>>144403009
How could he possibly kill Crusch with a healer and a master warrior in the room?
>>
>>144403282
Who said he would've succeeded?
>>
File: image.jpg (267KB, 800x1199px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
267KB, 800x1199px
>>144388562
>>
>>144403009
>Subaru will never start a national uprising with village people.

To hell with these useless shitty queen wannabees.
>>
>>144390311
Just because it's not canon doesn't mean it didn't happened. AU and "not canon" shit does happen even if they are not canon, just like Eyes of Heaven and the light novels of JoJo
>>
>>144403355
Priscilla's people are happy.
>>
>>144403375
Rem killing Subaru is also canon
>>
>>144403354
Is this image implying that samurai weren't barbarians? top kek. Japanese rape and pillaged like everyone else
>>
>>144403355

I dont think they would manage to beat Reinhard
>>
>>144403573
He can say him about his abilities
>>
Anyone competent would be leader of the witch cult by now.
>>
>>144403526
Ok then
>>
>>144403904
And then cut down by Reinhard.
>>
>>144393035
>torture porn

The word you're looking for is "tragedy".

The show is a tragedy. That is its genre.
>>
>>144404038
no he's subarus friend. And you can just avoid reinhard
>>
>>144404042
it can be a tragedy and still be torture porn so whats your point
>>
File: 1372461851726.jpg (58KB, 495x371px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1372461851726.jpg
58KB, 495x371px
Couldn't he just take up sword fighting and then just Edge of Tomorrow that shit?
>>
>>144388510
>>144392758
I'm a physics student. I'm used to feeling superior to everyone else.
>>
>>144391030
>>144391089
Subaru's mind/soul would continue on, though. He might actually have time between respawns to feel all that agony.
>>
>>144404183
pretty much all students do that, independet of their choice in the matter
>>
>>144404156
>people are going to keep asking this until the anime is done airing and there aren't threads made about the show
>>
>>144404285
Not that guy, but wouldn't at least his reaction time become better? Also, he would kinda know where the attacks are coming from, so even if his body doesn't change, he would still have some battle experience to his benefit.
>>
>>144404282
Try mentioning you do physics or math to someone normal, and you will see their reaction compared to other majors.
>>
>>144391271
he still feels pain, dumbass. Part of the reason Subaru actively attempts to not die is because, as it's obvious, death FUCKING HURTS and the incredible pain from getting disemboweled/stabbed/smashed with a mace/ripped apart could drive anyone to maddness.
Stop being edgy.
>>
File: JFK.png (300KB, 642x478px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
JFK.png
300KB, 642x478px
>>144404285
ANSWER THE QUESTION
>>
>>144404078
Reinhard will cut down Subaru if he has to.
>>
Why are people so self degrading that they put themselves lower than Subaru? He clearly exists to be looked down on and every other character in the anime does so.

He's a truant and a hikkikomori who never completed highschool and probably has no friends. I'm sure the majority of the people here are much more mentally stable and capable than he is. He's basically anime Elliot Rodgers.

Pretending that you wouldn't make better decisions than him doesn't make you cool or give you karma or anything so why even do it?
>>
File: 1452187139135.jpg (143KB, 526x490px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1452187139135.jpg
143KB, 526x490px
>>144404156
People argue that he couldnt transfer muscle memory but we have no idea how deep his memory transfer between lives go. Muscle memory requires the subconscious to control it and we don't know if that transfers over between lives.

Regardless you need a LOT more than just swordplay to get by in this world. Rem can cripple you with her bare hands, and she's low as fuck on the power level totem pole.
>>
>>144404487
just avoid him. Reinhard is always at the wrong place at the right time
>>
>>144400270
This. If you did the sensible/pragmatic thing, rather than pridefully assuming you were the main character in a heroic journey, destiend to save and be beloved by everyone, and were gonna' marry the super magical half-elf princess...

You'd mess up once and stay dead, because The Witch wouldn't love you.
>>
>>144404436
>subaru actively attempts to not die
>walks into the same dark alley 5 times knowing he'll have a meaningless confrontation with thugs
>goes to the same loot house 3 times knowing an insane assassin will show up there
>gets bitten by the same dog 3 times even when he knows it's going to bite him

Subaru has a death wish.
>>
>>144404156
No.
>>
>>144399145
>The deadly sins are a great guideline for what makes shitty people shitty
No they aren't. They're just a framework for personality. Each of the seven deadly "sins" is a facet of humans that's as much good as it can be evil.
>>
>>144404737
>witch wouldn't love you

If the witch didn't love you then you wouldn't be transported to the isekai world in the first place.
>>
>>144404798
why doesn't the witch cult love him?
>>
>Subaru in AU
That's what average /a/non will become.
>>
>>144404156
Reinhard would take 40 years to train Subaru to his level. And Reinhard is the bestest of the best teacher.
>>
>>144404858
Because they're pretenders basing their faith off a book of gospel and not the word of god.
>>
>>144404547
I thought it was already established that muscle memory and skill transfers over between lives. Back in Arc 2 when he becomes a butler he was initially bad at all the chores to the point where he had all those cuts over his hands. In the later loops he's shown to have become proficient at his duties. Same thing with learning to read and write.

When I saw him training his swordplay with the old guy in arc 3, I thought they were going for a similar thing, where each loop he would become a better sword fighter. I'm kind of glad they didn't do that, though.
>>
>>144393228
>implying you went after the school beauty
Every day billions of kids disregard how hormones work because they have will and reason, dumbass.
>>
>tfw no gospel to follow
>>
>>144404874
I sure hope so... I want a Rem of my own.
>>
>>144400000
>>
>>144404436
Didn't stop Tom Cruise
>>
>>144404904
He doesn't need to be on Reinhard's level. Even 1/10 of Reinhard would be a massive buff.
>>
>>144405063
The pain of living as a manlet is a far greater pain than dying.
>>
File: 1468870684476.png (3MB, 3000x3322px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1468870684476.png
3MB, 3000x3322px
>>144405063
He learn fuckin nothing. His situation was different. His abilities were different. His weapon was different. And he died against Alpha. STOOOP
>>
>>144405178
Looks like someones mad because they know Cage would've dominated this world with his ability
>>
File: 1467022989205-3.png (264KB, 480x480px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1467022989205-3.png
264KB, 480x480px
>>144405178
It's literally the same thing. Toyota could beat all his troubles by doing them over and over and getting a perfect run through rote memorization

He'd raise his pain tolerance in the process
>>
So we all agree subatu is the worst mc ever, right?
>>
File: bill.jpg (70KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
bill.jpg
70KB, 1280x720px
How would Bill Murray's character from Groundhog day do in Subaru's situation?
>>
>>144405225
No. Shooting shit is different. Learning is different. Keiji only learn how to survive, not how to kill everything around him in real time. And his enemies were different.
>>
>>
>>144405251
And he will become spineless piece of shit in the end. Witch wants him to die a lot. This is her plan. Do you really think with scent in nothing? And he was transported without purpose?
>>
File: 1468483566209.jpg (46KB, 600x393px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1468483566209.jpg
46KB, 600x393px
>>144405363
>>
>>144386907
>no blessings
>>
>>144405398
>And he will become spineless piece of shit in the end
Tom Cruise didn't
>>
>>144405425
Abilities bestowed by artifacts or deities can not me identified by mortal magical means. This is D&D 101 stuff.
>>
>>144405432
Keiji can shoot stupid mimics. And he suffer a lot in book.
>>
>>144390349
suicide is painless
It brings so many changes
And I can take or leave them if I please
>>
>>144405289
I mildly dislike him however the world , barring the furries and cat people, seem interesting.
>>
>>144390427
What sloth? For someone who was supposedly a NEET he has been exerting himself every day.
>>
>>144405609
>i can't self insert into a perfect mc so i dislike him
>>
>>144405676
Subaru is just legitimately a bad person, a colossal jerk, a fool, and an idiot. If he wasn't, then half of his suffering might not be warranted. It's more unusual to like him than to dislike him.
>>
>>144405833
>then half of his suffering might not be warranted.
Self-incerting fags are cute. Tell us more.
>>
>>144405305
He would be an expert blackmailer and everyone would be fucked.
>>
>>144405609
You do realize that the story is all about Subaru (hence his ability: it deletes external development but retains internal) and the world is only there to progress his character development right?
You should drop it if you can't stand the MC.
>>
>>144405934
Well okay, since you're new here:
> Bad things should happen to bad people.
> Good things should happen to good people.
Such fantasies are made to please ordinary people and tend to sell well.
>>
>>144405305
He would kidnap Puck and drive off the cliff.
>>
>>144406041
All i'm hearing is "WAAAAA WHY CAN'T I SELF INSERT WAAAA"
>>
>>144406041
>Well okay, since you're new here:
Fuck off, pedo
>>
>>144406191
Why would anyone WANT to be Subaru? Are we reading the same story here?
>>
>>144406250
That's exactly why self insert fags like yourself don't like subaru, learn how to read properly then read my post.
>>
>>144406250
>Not wanting to cash in on Emilia's deadpool
>>
>>144406341
> The only reason to read a story is to be the MC!
I don't have a smug enough anime girl for this.
>>
>>144404183
I'm not sure that physics can worthwhile when your enemies use magic or divine powers that have no logic.
>>
>>144406250
People don't like Subaru because he's not pussy destroyer like Kazuma in Kaze no Stigma. Self-insert shitters can't stand him. Meanwhile normal people discuss his persona without overreacting.
>>
>4 episodes in
>generic girls are introduced
>they even threw in a generic loli
>Subaru is obnoxious as fuck
>The only thing going for it is the time travel
Why is this show so loved again?
>>
File: Saito.jpg (109KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Saito.jpg
109KB, 1280x720px
Subaru wishes he was Saito.
By now, Saito would have :

>been bullied by all females except Rem
>turned them into his harem anyway
>defeated Julius in a swordfight
>been recognized as a knight
>defeated Rheinhardt in a swordfight
>made Ferris a girl
>seen Emilia's panties around 34 times by accident
>killed the whale using a plane
>shot Betelgeuse with a gun
>died only once, to the entire forces of the Witch Cult assembled.
>>
>>144406767
i fucking hate Saito
>>
>>144385256
>vegeta
https://youtu.be/HFs-DgzVRoM?t=100
>>
>>144406760
Watch the whole thing senpai, the mansion arc is fairly boring up until the end but Arc 3 is 10/10 so far.
>>
>>144406817
Remember he gets to fuck this every night.
>>
>>144406767
He wishes he was Kirito.
By now Kirito would have
>gotten all the females wet for him even priscilla
>defeated Julius
>defeated Reinhardt and taken his OP sword
>refused to join the knights
>poured 2 years worth of semen into Ferris
>married Emilia
>kills the whale with dual swords
>killed Betelgeuse with dual swords
>killed entire witch cult solo
>>
File: kumagawa.jpg (233KB, 688x497px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
kumagawa.jpg
233KB, 688x497px
>>144406767
What if Kumagawa replaced Subaru? Nothing will change?

without All-fiction, of course
>>
>>144406767
Saito wishes he was Subaru. By now, Subaro would have:
>had character development
>been in a fairly good anime
>>
File: 1460340944450.png (147KB, 457x477px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1460340944450.png
147KB, 457x477px
>>144406767
>shot Betelgeuse with a gun
That tickled me.
>>
>>144406817
Fuck off you homo.
>>
>>144406975
Who ?
>>
>>144400954
>>144401161

I get that if he's doing it to be proud of himself for doing it, that's kinda douchy. But how do they know thats why? I get in some instances he's maniacal and clearly just wants revenge, but when Priscilla had him lick her foot, how the hell could she know his exact motives for it? Like he hesitated just long enough and didn't look like he enjoyed it at all, essentially what someone who was actually doing it for emilia wouldve done
>>
>>144404547

I'd say his subconscious does travel between lives, otherwise he wouldn't have been so emotionally scarred. But also to that note, that's why training repeatedly and dying again and again isn't the best option for him
>>
>>144406383
True, my point really wasn't about the utility of physics.
But in principle you can make a firearm of some sort based on simple physics.

Unless you go full bonkers and try to make a nuclear weapon.
>>
Subaru is :
>dumb
>ignorant
>feeling entitled

literally a japanese otaku, a NEET/hikki one
>>
>>144407458
no amount of human physical training can help him overcome his obstacles. Only magic and extreme planning via deathloops.
>>
>>144406939
Author is dead.
>>
>>144406973
He wishes he was Tatsuya.
By now Tatsuya would have:
>gotten all females wet for him
>defeated all guys
Said females and guys would have been neatly paired together because none can have Onii-sama
>said Reinhard's sword is outdated shit, created a superior version in two minutes and given it Reinhard
>analyzed Priscilla Edios body and downloaded her luck code
>given the code to Miyuki
>created a robot-maid body for Ekidna
>killed the White Whale with Material Burst
>download Wilhelm's wife from the past
>disintegrated the Witch Cult
>fucked the Jealous Witch Maya- err, Satella
>sasugaed
>
>>
>>144393584
Explain
>>
>>144406939
Author was murdered though.
>>
>>144407656
He wishes he was Ainz Ooal Gown.
By now he would have
>done something I guess?
>made the entire country into a vassal state in 3 days
>sasuga
>>
>>144406760
Even Subaru makes fun of the tropes and comments them, anon.
The absolutely perfect Knight, the loli, the heroine, the maids. It's all part of the fantasy world he wished he was joining.

It gets fun when all that shit starts falling on his head and he sees that instead of a dream he's living a nightmare.
>>
>>144407749
Subaru can bone Rem whenever he wants now though.

Ainz-sama on the other hand has no dick.
>>
>>144398908
he's envy of his dad
>>
>>144407970
There are spells for that dude, Ainz is losing his humanity though so he would probably kill all the witches and the dragon and take the world over
>>
>>144408037
In Ygg there wasn't any spell like that, and we don't know yet if he can learn new world magic. Maybe he could use some item to assume a different form but as far as we know, there's no such thing either.

Also, it's no wonder Ainz wants to take over everything. Having Albedo, shaltear and entoma around and not being able to fuck them would be maddening to anyone.
>>
>>144396331
>>144399497
you and everybody who say they would just say the can predict the future are fucking morons!!!

He cant say anything about him seeing the future you dumb fucks!>>144399497
>>
>>144404759
That's because he had no idea what his ability does/how it works/that it even existed. His disorientation is extremely natural, and you have to remember he was mentally exhausted from not only his actions throughout the day, but also his gayman the night before.
>>
File: sub bba.png (351KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
sub bba.png
351KB, 1280x720px
I think Elsa likes anal. This solves everything
>>
>>144403355
subaru for lord protector of the commonwealth of whatever is this place called
>>
>All those anons thinking Subaru running away from Emilia, living his life as background character and dying as an old man would make a good story.
>>
>>144408225
She likes pegging. Using the hilt of her swords.
>>
>>144407749
He wishes he was Kumagawa.
By now he would have.
>screwing everything up
>he and anything around him gets more worse
>>
>>144408256
Those anons are even more pathetic than Subaru. He at least has the balls to face his enemies despite being humiliated and beaten all the time, by everyone.
>>
>>144408256
Show me one anon who thought that
>>
File: clown resized.gif (4MB, 430x200px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
clown resized.gif
4MB, 430x200px
>>144408189
Imagine: When you played the game, you always wanted to bone Albedo. Shes lust incarnate, and coincidentally you had her fall in love with you when get warped into the game. Ho-lee-shit, prophecy complete! Except you are now your own chosen race, chosen race without a dick. You did this to yourself.
>>
>>144408367
this dude >>144408225
>>
File: 1452224530268.png (183KB, 386x406px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1452224530268.png
183KB, 386x406px
>>144408408
>>
>>144408367
I read shit like why does he involve himself with the political mess, why doesn't he just ditch Emilia, he's so stupid, it's his fault... in every thread.
If every MC acted rationally and tried to dodge hardships in live you wouldn't have entertaining series. Entertaining stories come from people who deviate atleast a little bit from the norm and have things outside their comfort zone they strive for. But people here judge Subaru and want him to literally live a normalfag live so they don't have to watch him dealing with his emotional problems.
>>
>>144408405
World domination is his equivalent of a cold shower.
>>
File: 2342352352.gif (988KB, 500x213px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
2342352352.gif
988KB, 500x213px
>>144408405
>that gif
I just want to hug the little guy
>>
>>144408363
Subaru is his own worst enemy though
He humiliates himself.
>>
>>144399497
he's only got days, he has no time to manipulate the market
>>
>>144399391
Would have gotten it but Amazon hates Europe so I have to wait a bit.
>>
>>144408314
Ekidna woud grab him for herself instantly.
>>
>>144399497
I'm pretty sure Subaru can cause pretty strong butterfly effects. For example Clown stayed in the Manor in nearly all timelines, except for the last where he decided to gtfo for some meeting.
>>
>>144396586
with his ability just ignore the plot until you can handle it
>>
>tfw Subaron will happen only in the next season
>>
>>144409380
>next season
>>
>>144409427
We are going to witness only the start of Subaron
>>
>>144403282
Just tell his secret
>>
File: 1467670689787.jpg (35KB, 400x400px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1467670689787.jpg
35KB, 400x400px
>>144408927
Don't forget the market is in heavy fluctuation and he's staying right at the source of it. He could easily make contact with or track that merchant that was at Crusch's place.

Also, he could acquire a loan and make the money back after the fight, or just do old fashioned gambling on horses, gladiators, etc.

>>144408206
Why can't he?

>>144409265
iirc the clown left everytime, he just didn't notice until he went to the village on the second instead of the third. Also, remember showing the lost child in the first 2 episodes being reunited with her mother in the same spot? Even though toyota and emulia didn't help her, she ended up with the same result.

It implied fate follows a somewhat stable thread resistant against butterfly effects.
>>
Only if your name is tom cruise.
>>
>>144394793
I'm not the same anon you were talking before. I just find it amusing that you consider everyone on this board to be typical basement dweller.
>>
>>144410027
Oh yes a person who no one knows before, going to take out a loan. That's not going to backfire.
>>
>>144411023
You are the very definition of a basement dweller anon.
>>
File: Monster.jpg (187KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Monster.jpg
187KB, 1920x1080px
>>144399497
>Puck freezes the kingdom

Was it meant to be obvious that pic related was Puck in the anime? I figured the "Ordeal" the cult was talking about was to summon furry Ice Cthulhu or something.

Even with repeated watchings, it didn't even occur to me that it was Puck until some anon here said it.
>>
>>144412142
How did he freeze off his head anyway?
>>
Is Subaru supposed to be unlikeable or something? Watching this out of curiosity and he comes off as cringe/10 in every interaction he has with a grill.
>>
>>144412413
>get exposed to extreme cold
>be twisting your head while freezing
>HEAD GONE
>>
File: 1461081784125.png (278KB, 750x692px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1461081784125.png
278KB, 750x692px
>>144412142
What, that was Puck? Why did he kill Subaru?
>>
>>144412605
Look at the earring
Listen to the voice.
Puck freezebombs everything if Emilia dies.
>>
>>144385256
He can steal bishop abilities. He is currently sloth and greed bishop
>>
>>144410027
And... what? So he makes a moderate amount of money trading shit for two or three days, and well, time's up already, emilia's dead.

Subaru has like 3-5 days before everyone dies and half the kingdom freezes, he doesn't have the time to go trading for cash. He's much better off just trading information with the candidates for their aid.
Thread posts: 401
Thread images: 67


[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.