[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

will japan ever top re:zero

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 608
Thread images: 80

will japan ever top re:zero
>>
File: spoon.jpg (14KB, 640x146px) Image search: [Google]
spoon.jpg
14KB, 640x146px
>>144308222
No.

Also;

WHERE IS MY FUCKING SPOON NIPPON
>>
Is it an anime that will be remembered in ten years?
>>
>>144308222
We get harem LN trash every season, so yeah
>>
>>144308832
no chance, it's just the flavor of the month
>>
I promised myself I would never watch another show about a teenager being trapped in a fantasy world.
>>
>>144308222
This false flagging needs to stop.
下げる
>>
Will /a/'s taste ever escape the realm of utter shit?
>>
>>144308964
I don't know. This show is mostly popular with crossboarders and newfags.
>>
>>144308938
that's the last time i'm watching one actually

it's fucking shit escapism, even more than SOL
>>
SAGE THIS FALSE FLAG THREAD
>>
>>144308951
>>144309059
Nigga its public knowledge that the threads are full of cancer from other boards/websites. There is no reason to false flag.
>>
>>144308832
Won't be remembered next year, or whenever Steins;Gate 0 takes back the "BEST ANIME EVER MUH SUFFERING" TITLE
>>
>>144308222
At being a shitty edge isekai?
Probably not.
>>
File: CnjKDgdVYAEmeVn.jpg (52KB, 551x743px) Image search: [Google]
CnjKDgdVYAEmeVn.jpg
52KB, 551x743px
>>144308938
I did that too. And here we are now: watching another show "about a teenager being trapped in a fantasy world"
RE:ZERO is really good. A MASTERPIECE!
>>
>>144308222
It's probably a much better show than 70% of /a/'s favorite animu.
>>
>>144309330
>not pairing up
Fuck those.
And fuck my OCD.
>>
any dark fantasy anime that hit the mark harder than this? Berserk, yeah, but anything else? I want to have good taste.
>>
>>144309330
The author being a sadist and hating self-insert MCs lends the series some quality. It's actually fun watching the autistic, arrogant, prideful wanker stumble from mistake to fuck-up to painful death.
>>
File: ....................png (802KB, 3584x4072px) Image search: [Google]
....................png
802KB, 3584x4072px
>>144309330
>"holy shit, so many ram and rem"
>80% are males
>>
It's definitely a well-made anime but it has nothing really special going for it. OPM will make a longer-lasting impression if you were to compare the two.
>>
>>144309509
>no catboys
Plebs.
>>
>>144308222
>REEE:Zero
ftfy
>>144309509
SUFFERING
>>
>>144308222

Yes, Re:ZERO is shit, just like your opinions.
>>
People underestimate how great this episode is. It was such a huge call out on Subaru's behavior.
This episode in context, actually cuts deep through Subaru's persona like butter.

>Haven't I already told you Natsuki Subaru? If your own lies do not convince you, they will not convince others.
>Because not once have you said you want to save Emilia.

Crusch spells it out for anyone still in fucking denial. Subaru doesn't do jack shit for anyone other than his own ego.

>What you just displayed was neither loyalty nor devotion. It was the dependency of a dog or the greed of a pig that knows only it's own desires!

Priscilla lays it all out. Subaru doesn't treat others as people. Only as objects of need or desire. And his inability to recognize the humanity others deserve makes him a beast himself.

And how does Subaru respond?

>Stuck up bitch forgot I saved her when we first met.

IN CASE ANYONE DOESNT STILL GET IT the narrative is drawing a parallel to every interaction and forming of relationships Subaru has had. It is a direct call back to both his rationalization that Emilia "owes him a debt she could never hope to repay" and a direct call back to him "rescuing" Rem, where afterwards him and Emilia discuss if he even saved her, or even was responsible for her harm in the first place.

>If you want to convince someone you are righteous, you need to show them something of merit. I see no such thing in you, Natsuki Subaru.

And Anastasia delivers the coup de grace for Subaru and the viewer. Subaru pretends he's the noble hero of a light novel or video game based on his own sense if self-righteousness. And the otaku viewer who has been self-inserting into Subaru this entire time, and probably sputtering outrage at these "bitches and whores who just don't understand what a Nice Guy Subaru is and how much he sacrifices for them" is left in a state of impotent rage like Subaru is.
>>
>>144309849
thank you
>>
Today's episode ended too soon, for fucks sake.

I NEED MOAR
>>
>>144309849
Couldn't have said it any better. Glad someone understood the message of this episode.
>>
>>144308222
WHY DO SHITPOSTERS ALWAYS USE SAME PICTURES FOR THEIR UNISPIRED BAITS?
https://boards.fireden.net/a/search/image/hFBuhF8-7t33BACuIi_WZg/
>>
>>144309849
Hi JazzKatCritic
>>
>>144309849
>faces a serial killer many times stronger than him just to stall for time
>for his own ego
>throws himself in front of demon hounds out of pure instinct and desire to save someone
>for his own ego
Fuck off, it's not that simple. Although autists will agree with you anyway just because they want to be on their made up anti self insert side.
>>
>>144309849
Subaru isn't an asshole, he's simply broken after failing so many times despite trying so hard and then having no one around that's aware of the shit he's gone through. It's not like he's been egoistic from the start, he's gradually become that way because no one's been recognizing his constant efforts.
>>
Subaru wants so much to save everyone, and yet everyone misunderstands his intentions.

Truly, only Reinhardt and Rem understand him. Too bad he was so dumb talking shit to Reinhardt, which's the only one who would listen to him.
>>
>>144309422
>re zero
>dark fantasy
Anon...
>>
>>144309849
>literally copy pasted from reddit
kekd
>>
File: 1422794977356.jpg (86KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1422794977356.jpg
86KB, 1280x720px
Unless it has some crazy ending it will always be better than average for me.

The last two episodes have been pretty solid though to be fair so who knows.
>>
>>144310209
His social interactions are terrible.
In the heat of the moment, and when it's a snap decision, he DOES shine through with heroic actions.

That's his good point.
>>
>>144309849
>Haven't I already told you Natsuki Subaru? If your own lies do not convince you, they will not convince others.
That's not what she means she realizes he's doing it for revenge and not Emilia so she thinks he's just trying to use Emilia.
>>
>>144310487
Yeah. Too bad that I actually agree with that post as well.
>>
>>144310487
>kekd
>knowing that
Kill yourself you cancerous newfag.
>>
>>144310209
But that's right, he only sees worth in himself when being of use to others. He feels the need to attention whore at all times because if he's not helping he feels useless. That's why he couldn't stand waiting a single afternoon while emilia solved her own business, and proceeded to fuck up at any given chance
>>
>>144310585
Yeah, Crusch is a pretentious bitch who thinks she knows everything. Actually, all candidates except for Emilia are just like that, some are just more agressive than the others.

>>144309849
>autism
>>
>>144310637
I swear this is the 5th posts I've seen from you today using "cancerous newfag", chill out mate
>>
>>144309849
>
IN CASE ANYONE DOESNT STILL GET IT the narrative is drawing a parallel to every interaction and forming of relationships Subaru has had. It is a direct call back to both his rationalization that Emilia "owes him a debt she could never hope to repay" and a direct call back to him "rescuing" Rem, where afterwards him and Emilia discuss if he even saved her, or even was responsible for her harm in the first place.
What the fuck is this even trying to say?
>>
is this just a really lame flashlight icon or some rune and important for the plot?
>>
>>144310922
If you heard it that often then you should really lurk more. Its pretty obvious that you are new.
>>
>>144310922
Yeah, dude is totally only one person.

>this is the 5th posts I've seen

It must be because you are an actual cancerous newfag piece of shit
>>
>>144310922
Maybe try not being one, so people won't call you that then
>>
>>144311073
>>144311082
Not even him, friends.
>>
File: 1466908054681.gif (2MB, 366x360px) Image search: [Google]
1466908054681.gif
2MB, 366x360px
>>144310999
Considering his reaction, either that's the symbol of empty battery, or it's supposed to mean something else.
>>
>all these people literally too autistic to follow 16 episodes of character development
Shame it's so hard to find people to discuss this anime with
>>
>>144310999
It's the start up screen. The battery's started dying and now his phone is doing the thing where it keeps dying a couple minutes after turning it on.
>>
>>144311229
that's why most shows have so many information dumps and long dialogues explaining what's going on. Because people are dumb
>>
>>144311229
What are you even trying to say? Most people recognize that Subaru had some solid character development. It's just that in his case, his development have slowly revealed him to be a massive piece of shit, very different from your first impression of him.

Being a decently written character is not the same as being a likeable one. Don't be retarded
>>
>>144310985
learn to greentext summerfriend
>>
>>144310999
Airplane mode?
>>
>>144311459
>It's just that in his case, his development have slowly revealed him to be a massive piece of shit, very different from your first impression of him.
Exactly the kind of autist I'm talking about.
>>
>>144311229
This show actually showed who understands context, actually watches the show, and understands why the characters are doing what they are doing, to those who aren't.

People have been cuddled with long infodumps that watching this suddenly gets them mad because they don't understand what is happening, even though the show covered everything they are actually asking.

It's great.
>>
>>144311566
Nice argument, retard
>>
Are people really this dumb, that they think Subaru is an asshole or a shitty person?

No wonder you people are lonely autists. Completely incapable of understanding human emotions.
>>
>>144311703
>Subaru is an asshole or a shitty person?
No, he's a fucking egotistic retard though.
>>
>>144311639
Subaru isn't originally an asshole that's finally had his cover blown, he's turned into an asshole because his efforts kept piling up while no one else knows about them. Over time he's started craving for acknowledgment. Not because he was an attention whore from the start but because he's been broken over and over.
If you think Subaru has been an asshole from the beginning you should rewatch the entire series.
>>
>>144311756
This. He's not a bad guy, it's not his fault he's the Bishop of Pride
>>
>>144308222
Shouldn't be that hard considering after episode like 12 or so it just devolved to some boring ass repetitions descent into madness by the MC.
>>
>>144308222
>will japan ever top shit:Zero
Already toped.
>>
>>144311834
I won't lie, I wouldn't mind some dumb power-up if that turns out to be true.
>>
>>144311930
Doesn't mir invisible hand rape preist call him Pride while ranting about how loved he is?
I thought that was a pretty big indicator.
>>
>>144312063
He says he knows everyone's face but Pride.
>>
>>144309849
He truly did nothing wrong. HAIL SAINT SUBARU!
>>
>>144312114
There isn't a Bishop of Envy, is there?
Might come true if there's only Pride left
>>
>>144312114
So Pride could be somebody else and Subaru has some kind of outside power because of how much Satella wants his dick?
I'll be mad if that's the case anon. 118.
>>
File: are you pride.jpg (59KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
are you pride.jpg
59KB, 1280x720px
>>144312063
Yeah, I remember that but that doesn't necessarily confirm that it's true, right?

>>144312114
He said that in the LN? Because he didn't say that in the anime.
>>
>Episode 16
>Still spending 20 minutes an episode for character developement OF A SINGLE CHARACTER.

Unless there's some massive timeskip or some incredibly awkward increase in pacing, this shit is going to end in a cliffhanger and you fuckers will be stuck waiting another year for the next season to do the exact same shit.

I'm not familiar with the light novel or the manga so I don't know how long that goes, but I'm guessing its not finished yet because this show clearly has no idea how it wants to end.
>>
>>144312429
>I'm not familiar with the light novel
Opinion discarded.

Jokes aside, it will absolutely end on a brilliant note, don't worry
>>
>>144312429
The LN has 6 volumes, and they are still adapting the third arc.

I think that the anime will only finish this arc.
>>
>>144312513
The LN has 9 volumes out stupid.

Arc 3 ends in Vol9. Anime ends with Arc 3. So no problem there.
>>
>>144311617
Reminds me of back when yarari aired. You can't even tell if it's just a loud retarded minority or if the average f/a/ggot is just stupid
And you know whar makes it funnier? The same people who can't understand those simple interactions, emotions, thoughts and behaviors are the ones that go around calling the character autists. It's hilarious
>>
>>144312555
meh, i'm just dumb then. Still, nine volumes to cover only three arcs?

Holy shit.
>>
>>144312686
Arc 4 is longer than Arc 1-3 combined.
>>
>>144308222
Just adapt A Serbian Film.
>>
Subaru isnt doing anything that would make him an asshole. He is in an alien place with no clues or hints as to what is going on. Nobody can even begin to help him with his dillema, and all the while he is stumbling around im the dark clinging to any stability he can.

You people expect too much from a 17 year old kid.

He's a kid. He isnt even a man. This is like throwing a high school kid into combat with no training and expecting him to be a bad ass. Only much worse.
>>
>>144312555
>The LN has 9 volumes out stupid.
>Arc 3 ends in Vol9. Anime ends with Arc 3. So no problem there.
Like I said, its gonna be a fucking mess at this rate.

>>144312510
I doubt that considering its Episode 16 and they still haven't even finished character building, fuck man, last 3 episodes were just the same old "Drooling Kawasaki is having a mental breakdown" It didn't advance the plot at all, they literally decided to do something at the end of today's episode, and this shit is what, 20 minutes after intro/outro?

Its too much, man. At first I was glad its a 25 episode run, but now I'm just wondering why the fuck I'm even watching a person that can rewind time make decisions completely uncharacteristic of someone with said power.
>>
>>144311552
That's the most retarded airplane I've ever seen
>>
>>144312761
>This is like throwing a high school kid into combat with no training and expecting him to be a bad ass. Only much worse.

So like literally entire history of mankind up until like 50 years ago?
>>
>>144312904
Except that he lived until now in modern Japan, so Subaru's as sheltered as it gets.
>>
>>144312319
>>144312264
>>144312168
Maybe since Pride is the mother of all sin, Subaru becomes Pride once he absorbs all the other powers?
>>
>>144312429
>A single character
Well yes that's what happens in most savepoint stories.
>>
>>144312761
>This is like throwing a high school kid into combat with no training and expecting him to be a bad ass. Only much worse.
Jokes aside isn't that exactly what's happening?
Subaru is in way over his head and has no idea of whats going on.
Fish out of water, being thrown into a hurricane and blasted by debris and lightening ever five or so minuets.

Poor kid has it tough.
Still developed a bit of an ego though.
>>
>>144312853
Do you have ADHD? It's going great so far. You're complaining about one of the main points of the show being focused
>>
>>144312904
No, because people dont usually fight super humans with magical powers in a completely alien world, then come back to life after they die with memories intact.

And many people did not manage to cope with being thrown into the deep end in real life, let alone in Subaru's situation.

The arguments for why he is an asshole arent even good ones.

They boil down to him being an egotistical asshole because he wants to do things for himself as opposed to being purely altruistic.

Theres nothing wrong with putting your interests first; especially in such a dire situation as Subaru.
>>
>>144312868
The MC is retarded, so, it fits perfectly.
>>
File: 1463211266304.png (314KB, 486x455px) Image search: [Google]
1463211266304.png
314KB, 486x455px
>>144312980
Holy fuck.
D E E P E S T L O R E
>>
>>144312960
>A truant kid in modern japan
>Sheltered
kekekeke.
>>
>>144313071
I'll wager he's less retarded than you are in the same situatiom.
>>
>>144312980
But Satella would be the mother of all sin because she's the object of worship here. Maybe is Subaru decides to hoard the powers and then take on Satella with them he is definately pride.
>>
>>144312992
You don't fucking say?
Couldn't have realized that without you explaining it to me, thanks faggot can you go choke on a dick now?
>>
>>144313116
I disagree, but at the same time Subaru is neither 100% correct or 100% wrong, that's what makes him a good character.

He's still a fucking moron though
>>
>>144309849
I'm glad that there are people who get this. Subaru does the nice guy act all the time and pretends that he doesn't really care about getting a proper reward(every time he does something good he only asks for an insignificant reward) just because this inflates his ego, but it's only when shit hits the fan that he shows his true colors.
>>
>>144313037
>Do you have ADHD? It's going great so far.
Do you have reading deficiency of some kind? There's 9 episodes left and they still haven't fucking left namek you dipshit, it can be going amazing, this shit is not ending well.
>>144313050
>No
kay.
>>
are there any english translations that don't read like they were written by a retarded Japanese kindergartener
>>
>>144313124
Doesn't Satella love Subaru though and set this whole thing up since he died in the past and she wanted to revive him or something?
>>
Aldebaran is a cute name
>>
>>144308222
They already have. Multiple times. In fact, it's not even hard.
>>
Is subaru going to ride the dragon

Why hasn't he showed anyone his phone till now? they might have figured out he was summoned
>>
>>144312980
He already has pride inside himself as implied in arc 4 at the sage tower
Also
>Bishop of sloth detests and punishes laziness
>subaru is constantly denied self pride and has to rely on others for everything
>>
Why didn't he just asked Beetlejuice for halp?
>>
Reposting the brilliant analysis from last thread:

People underestimate how great this episode is. It was such a huge call out on Subaru's behavior.
This episode in context, actually cuts deep through Subaru's persona like butter.

Crusch spells it out for anyone still in fucking denial. Subaru doesn't do jack shit for anyone other than his own ego.

>What you just displayed was neither loyalty nor devotion. It was the dependency of a dog or the greed of a pig that knows only it's own desires!

Priscilla lays it all out. Subaru doesn't treat others as people. Only as objects of need or desire. And his inability to recognize the humanity others deserve makes him a beast himself.

>If you want to convince someone you are righteous, you need to show them something of merit. I see no such thing in you, Natsuki Subaru.

And Anastasia delivers the coup de grace for Subaru and the viewer. Subaru pretends he's the noble hero of a light novel or video game based on his own sense if self-righteousness. And the otaku viewer who has been self-inserting into Subaru this entire time, and probably sputtering outrage at these "bitches and whores who just don't understand what a Nice Guy Subaru is and how much he sacrifices for them" is left in a state of impotent rage like Subaru is.
>>
>>144308222
It's a good show but acting like it is the best thing ever is just stupid and could be considered as bite.
>>
File: 1343974_1246930852_902321.jpg (113KB, 330x400px) Image search: [Google]
1343974_1246930852_902321.jpg
113KB, 330x400px
>>144313243
Agree.
>>
>>144313350

HUEHUEHUEHUE
>>
>>144313294
Does he actually detest it? I thought he was entertained by it greatly.
And it would make sense if he doesn't practice it himself, because he should understand it pretty deeply and know it leads to self-ruin
>>
>>144313294
It's implied he has three essences, not that he has pride.
>>
>>144313316
go away with your spamming reddit
>>
File: 1467185415069.png (130KB, 304x707px) Image search: [Google]
1467185415069.png
130KB, 304x707px
>>144313316
There is but one path
>>
>>144311119
>>144311112
>>144311082
>>144311119
Wew we are reaching levels of ironic samefagging here
>>
>>144313371
Br, please go home.
>>
>>144312429
>another year

You wish. We will have to waith until arc 4 is fully adapted into LN
>>
>>144308222
they never reached the potential of the 80's and 90's anime to begin with
>>
>>144313470

Why can't they use the WN?
>>
>>144313224
I have no idea, all I know is that Satella is batshit crazy and wants Subaru to love her like she loves him. I still don't even know about the first loop.
>>
>>144313470
Where can I read the original WN by the way?
>>
Why would anyone join the witch cult? It seems like it would suck.
>>
You only think this show is good because it attempts to have an actual story instead of just being bland shit with no tension like the vast majority of anime series. It's like finding a restaurant that serves you instant ramen made with Mountain Dew instead of water and topped with Doritos in a neighborhood full of restaurants that only serve literal shit.

Protip: Badly written suffering is called "melodrama", and this show is a good example of it.
>>
Re:Zero is great just for how much it triggers self-inserters.
>>
>>144312761
Still unlikeable, with the mental maturity of a five year old. He spent this episode demanding things of people, expecting them to what he wants, when throws a tantrum every time they don't, just like every single episode before this. The only difference this time is that he gets told.
>>
Why did Satella go full murderhobo on her fellow witches?
>>
>Show is good
>Is mainstream
>Be a contrarian faggot and hate it
I'm such a special snowflake
>>
>>144313535
Why would anyone join a normal cult? People are retarded.
>>
>>144313535
It would suck also to be a villager under any of the future queens
>>
MOVE THE FUCK OUTTA WAY BEST GIRL COMING THROUGH
>>
>>144313535
Power, cool robes and a sense of community that you just can't find anywhere else.
>>
Reposting the absolutely brilliant and exceptionally well written analysis from above:

>>
File: 1467570869214.png (346KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1467570869214.png
346KB, 500x500px
>>144313535
To get away from your ordinary every day slothful life.
>>
steins gate copycat with more forced drama

muh suffering > oh wait I can go back in time to save the day > LUL
>>
>>144313610
>tumblr1278389.jpg
>>
>>144313316

>guy goes around saving people
>people complain because he isn't doing it for the right reasons

No wonder reddit liked this analysis.
>>
>>144313535
Have you seen the fucking ruler candidates? I'd join a cult too if I knew one of these bitches is going to rule the country.
>>
>>144308222
What did Re:Zero top, exactly?
>>
>>144313610
It isn't a mythical beast?

Dropped.
>>
>>144313610
So that's Lust?
>>
>>144309025
>Re:Zero
>Escapism

haha
>>
>>144313535
No internet, how else could they find a room full of similar thinking anonymous virgins to talk with?
>>
>>144313376
He detests it. It goes back to his past where he blames himself for not acting and losing someone.

>>144313410
didn't beetlejuice knew all bishops but pride? Not much left to think, though I won't be sure either
>>
>>144313316
Saving people is right, regardless of the reason. Also, stop posting this every thread
>>
>>144308222
i don't think so
>>
>>144313504
Because the most profits the higher-ups get from this is the LN sales. This whole show is just and and for the LN. If you watch it live, you see that the commercial breaks is full of ads about the Ln and other merchandises
>>
>>144313682
You could always support the cute half-elf candidate. Joining a cult you would serve a different half-elf anyway, but with a crazy middle-manager to fuck you up.

>>144313693
Maybe gluttony
>>
>>144313316
>>144309849

>wah wah the guy going around saving people isn't a perfect altruist
>hes a shit and im going to let people die because of that

Seriously?

There's a lot of political sense in what the 3 said, and I'd respect them more if they said that they were just letting Emilia die to cement their own claims, or that they didn't believe him.

Instead, they're going 'I'm not going to help, because you, personally, are a shit.'

That makes them infinitely worse.
>>
>>144313504
Partially because the author is treating the WN like a first draft, adding and refining stuff for publication, a lot like how OPM is based on the manga instead of the webcomic.

Mostly because nobody makes money off WNs and there's no point in producing an anime if there aren't LNs to sell.
>>
>>144313316
Do you think the missionary who saves the lives of third world peasants whilst extolling the virtues of their religion and clearly expecting converts, is a good or a bad person?
>>
>>144313794

This. Refusing to save someone because you don't like the messengers moral compass is a shitty thing to do.

Which is fine, but they're also trying to take a moral highground, which is fucking retarded.
>>
>>144313749
Maybe Subaru is the unacknowledge bishop of envy, I don't know.
>>
>Subaru is acting edgy by pretending to go insane in episode 15
>Based beetlegoose calls him out on it
>Subaru is acting edgy by pretending wanting to kill the cult in episode 16
>Based Crusch calls him out on it

Pretty much the only enjoyment I get out of this show is how everyone immediately looks through Subarus attempts to be edgy.
>>
File: muse frown.jpg (512KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
muse frown.jpg
512KB, 1280x720px
>>144313663

>complaining about lack of tension caused by time loops
>in a show centered around time loops
>>
>>144313836
Good actions are good because of the will behind them, not because of the results.
>>
>>144313854
The kingdom is done for
>>
>>144313791
Is Gluttony the one that turns into a Dragon?
>>
>>144313794

this
>>
>>144313836
He's a bad person by the strictures of his own religion, assuming he's a Christian.
>>
>>144313535
Same reason people join ISIS, gives them a purpose in life
>>
>>144313719
>not dreaming of being called upon your bullshit and constantly suffering in newer and harsher unexpected ways

Boring normal life suffering isn't enough for me anymore anon.
>>
>>144313535
Witch cult:
Pros: amazing fashion, cool powers(can melt into fucking shadows like its nothing), high combat ability, competent(if a bit insane) leader, lots of close friends you can trust
Cons: guilt

Empire Villager:
Pros: clear conscience
Cons: retarded rulers, unstable country, helpless against literally everything outside of magical barriers(even tiny dogs), no money, starve every winter, acquaintances but hardly any real friends

I'd say the choice is pretty obvious
>>
>>144313688
it isn't actually a girl senpai, it's the much hyped white whale
>>
>>144313925

>good actions are good because of the will behind them

Fucking retarded. It doesn't matter if a man charges into a fire to save a child because he wants to save the child, or because he needs the 15.40 an hour he gets for being a fireman, it's an act worthy of respect.
>>
>>144313964
Other than the "a bit insane" part, this is true.
>>
>>144313854
Finally somebody said something I can agree with
>>
>>144313726
witch cult = 4chan (or 2chan since the author is jap) ?

SYMBOLISM.
>>
>>144313794
What? A completely logical and coherent post in a REEEE:Zero thread?

Good to see someone sees that both parties have flaws
>>
>>144313964
Clearly you start your own faction with Blackjack and hookers.
>>
>>144313959

Everyone's a bad person by the strictures of Christianity.

That's kind of the point.
>>
>>144309423
This actually.
>>
>>144311350
You sound pretty jaded anon. Subaru is just an example of how a NEET would fare in a fantasy world. It doesn't make him evil. He's been in that world for a few weeks, and was introduced as someone aware of the fantasy world trope. It shouldn't be surprising he's still treating it like a game. The real fucked up thing is return by death and the accumulating PTSD. A lot of his deaths were torturous and unavoidable, and seeing people around him gruesomely killed has really fucked with his thinking. He's not just a dog, he's an abused dog, and other characters don't know nor care. Don't hate Subaru, he's just a scapegoat. Otherwise you're just asking for another Gary Stu MC.
>>
File: Kant_Portrait.jpg (446KB, 1110x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Kant_Portrait.jpg
446KB, 1110x1600px
>>144314030
You need to brush up on your philosophy. People must only be treated as ends, not means.
>>
>>144313794
This so hard. Priscilla wanted him to lick her foot to show his devotion and when he reluctantly does so he gets kicked.

If he didn't lick her foot wouldn't that show he was an actual piece of shit who wouldn't put his pride before others?

It would have it boring but best boy reinhard should have been around. He would have helped and Subaru wouldn't need to rely on these fickle piece of shit candidates.
>>
>>144314188
>being kantian
>>
>>144313964
>amazing fashion
Dressing up as a group of discarded black condoms together with your coworkers is not amazing fashion.
>>
>>144313535
They realized that life is meaningless but couldn't go full nihilistic, instead just using a cult with a "greater cause" as a proxy for meaning.
>>
>>144313794
I don't see what the problem is here really. Would you trust someone like Subaru? After that scene in court, being allied with Emilia, and acting like a fucking crazy lunatic? I would have hated that guy's guts and not wanted to help solely because of him. He has shown nothing likeable about his character to them. He was lucky they even gave him some of their time.
>>
>>144314120
The act of desiring that would be evil as well, unless he hoped only for the salvation of their souls.
>>
>>144314188
Go to bed, Immanuel
>>
I liked how it showed the flaws in everyone in this episode.

Spoil me a bit but does subaru actually use what he learned from this episode and actually apply it later on?
>>
>>144314188

That saying has absolutely no relevance to good actions being good because of the will behind them as opposed to what they cause.
>>
post the white whale comic starring subaru
>>
File: golden sperm.png (558KB, 600x848px) Image search: [Google]
golden sperm.png
558KB, 600x848px
>>144314245
>Dressing up as a discarded black condom is not amazing
>implying
>>
File: 1441488509507.jpg (35KB, 469x348px) Image search: [Google]
1441488509507.jpg
35KB, 469x348px
>>144314188
>WESTERN PHILOSOPHY
Fantastic joke anon, you should become a comedian
>>
>>144313794

>Instead, they're going 'I'm not going to help, because you, personally, are a shit.'

Im pretty sure this is just wrong. Crusch called him out for being a shit, but the reason she didnt help is because Subaru didnt really give her any reasons to help him. Jewloli called him out for being a shit, too, but she actually helped him. She also made note of the fact that, similar to Crusch, Subaru didnt really give her much of a reason to help him. Its more "I'm not going to help, because you gave me no reason to; but you, personally, are a shit."

What you said is more or less true for Priscilla, though.
>>
>>144309423
>The author being a sadist and hating self-insert MCs lends the series some quality. It's actually fun watching the autistic, arrogant, prideful wanker stumble from mistake to fuck-up to painful death.

It's actually not that fun. Part of the reason I hate those self-insert MCs and want to see them taken down a notch is because they become super strong with absolutely no effort and bitches go wet at the sight of him immediately.

Meanwhile he made his MC a huge weakling and most of the women in the series have either killed him, rejected him or just despise him for his personality. It's not fun seeing an one-sided slaughter from the strong to the weak, unless you're a certain ojou-sama.
>>
>>144313682
What does the "kill maim burn who will tell you to and be casually killed by your superiors when they want to add punctuation to their statements" cult offer you that "kill maim burn as you like, I'm doing away with all power structures" Felt doesn't?
>>
>>144313604
In a normal, respectable doomsday cult you would expect someone to get laid and do drugs. There guys just seem to get their shit fucked up.
>>
>>144314337

Which, presumably, would be the reason he walked to a foreign shithole and started helping people.

Christianity is about saving yourself, and saving others. Missionary work is considered to be among the finest things a Christian can do within the faith, because they're helping to save others.
>>
>>144314441
Kill yourself weaboo
>>
waifubait and suffering - the anime
>>
>>144314383
I'm not 100% certain but I'm pretty sure Subaru uses the knowledge of the White Whale, because it's hard to track, to get people's help.
>>
>>144313794
>'I'm not going to help, because you, personally, are a shit.'
This is only true for that cunt Priscilla.
>>
>>144313719
>haha
Kill yourself, retard.
>>
How do I get Priscilla to like mwee?
>>
>>144309849
Damn my nigga, that was an actual good wall text.
>>
>>144314212
She's a bitch who would shit on him regardless of what he did.
>>
>>144314534
Im guessing thats his trump card in all of this? It seems his knowledge of the witch cult means little to nothing
>>
File: 1440368834874.png (636KB, 934x1091px) Image search: [Google]
1440368834874.png
636KB, 934x1091px
>>144309509
>80% are males
>>
>>144314469
>Meanwhile he made his MC a huge weakling and most of the women in the series have either killed him, rejected him or just despise him for his personality. It's not fun seeing an one-sided slaughter from the strong to the weak, unless you're a certain ojou-sama.
Rem likes Subaru. And Emilia doesn't despise him neither, she's just a bit disappointed because of the shit he did. She will eventually forgive him, though. Probably. And both had the chance to see that Subaru isn't that bad, actually wants to help, and is an okay guy.
>>
>>144314506
>implying reading mountains of texts from logic choppers is more beneficial than practical eastern philosophy
>>
>>144314539
>>144314466

Then why didn't they just say that?

Oh wait, it's because they're huge bitches who feel the need to take a moral highground against a NEET when they've just condemned a village to death.
>>
>>144314564
Be a muscular kyoudai with disfigured face and an amazing helmet
>>
To be fair Emilia getting killed would be an help to all the royal pretenders. Helping Subaru just has no advantage, regardless of his reputation.
>>
>>144313410
this, nothing confirms he is pride yet

beatrice would have noticed if he was pride, it's pretty much safe to say that he isn't pride

it's just autists making shit up
>>
Honestly haven't liked the show that much up in till this point these last 2 episodes have been fairly good though. But I still can't see why people are calling this show a masterpiece.
>>
>>144314614
Yeah, from this episode, it's pretty apparent the candidates don't give a shit about the cult and Subaru realized that he needs something else to give him an edge.
>>
File: 1465241268347.png (301KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1465241268347.png
301KB, 1280x720px
>>144311896
By who?
>>
>>144314659
>against a NEET
Know how I know you're a pathetic self-inserter?
>>
Why are the royal candidates so pretentious?

>but they're just calling out Subaru on etc.
You know that's not their motive.
>>
>>144314639
Note "most" not "all", and Rem still killed him in the second timeline at the mansion.(Even if he was afflicted by the curse)
>>
>>144314662
I could probably manage the muscular part, but do I really have to be disfigured if I'm still going to wear a helmet at all times?
>>
File: fakers gonna fake.png (101KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
fakers gonna fake.png
101KB, 420x420px
>>144314030
In reality, it's probably closer to a combination of both things, but if someone helped people solely for their own personal gain, it would be evil.
>>
>>144314539
>>144314466

>if you don't help me everyone in a mansion and town is going to die and puck is going to freeze a significant portion of the country
>why should i help you you shit

This is in character for Priscilla, and maybe Anastasia. But Crusch should have wanted to stop the Witch Cult from murdering a bunch of people.
>>
File: 1468784892387.jpg (123KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1468784892387.jpg
123KB, 1920x1080px
>he can't tell anyone about the witch's curse

So why doesn't Subaru just tell everyone he can see the future? Problem solved.
>>
>walk into love live! thread
>waifuism and nothign else

>walk into re:zero thread
>philosophy, history, and discussion about what makes each of the characters tick

are re:zero threads the best on /a/? I'll be honest the first arc and a half was pretty bland but it's got pretty tasty lately, easily a contender for my AotY
>>
>>144314722
Shitty nobles. Peasants will eventually kill them all
>>
>>144314758
>but if someone helped people solely for their own personal gain, it would be evil.

No it wouldn't.
>>
>>144314777
People are already calling him a madman
>>
>>144314721

Know how I know you don't have a proper response?

It's because you resort to ad-hominems
>>
File: u wot m8.png (290KB, 738x738px) Image search: [Google]
u wot m8.png
290KB, 738x738px
>>144313610
Your mom looks hot, anon!
>>
>>144314092
BUT HEY! THAT'S JUST A THEORY...
>>
Despite of her being the best and me wanting to be her slave,
why exactly did Priscilla get so mad when he threw his pride away and licked her feet?
>>
File: 1431783870051.png (1MB, 968x1339px) Image search: [Google]
1431783870051.png
1MB, 968x1339px
>>144313794
Finally, a man of reason.

Some people in these threads have a very twisted sense of morals. They see Subaru do good for selfish reasons, and they hate him. They then see Crusch and that purple loli let dozens of people die while refusing to lift a single finger for political reasons, and they applaud them.
Subaru is more of a hero than any of the candidates. I doubt that any of them, except maybe Emilia, would still be willing to try to save the day after being through what he 's experienced.
>>
File: 1463881390021.png (38KB, 329x450px) Image search: [Google]
1463881390021.png
38KB, 329x450px
>>144314822
>>
>>144314697
No one said it was confirmed, and she did detect the witches smell. If beetlejuice couldn't tell if he was a bishop when the smell was stronger what makes you think beatrice can?
>>
>>144314773
It probably isn't such a bright idea to spread around the info about Puck's doings when EMT dies. I mean she's a fucking walking nuke for lunatics.
>>
>>144314722

>be a big shot aiming for the throne of a country
>a literal nobody nags you to help another candidate
>he has nothing to offer
>isn't pleasant to talk to

They just don't like him because he's a piece of trash from their perspective, anon
>>
>>144314722
Not to mention none of them are wise or male. Like, who would give the reins of the country to any of the 4 candidates?
>one is a jew loli
>one looks like satan
>one is a massive,sadistic bitch
>one pretends to be righteous but doesn't deliver when needed
fuck them all
>>
Alright; you faggots have convinced me to marathon this up until the latest episode. I have been holding off but these threads are prodding me into it. I just want to find the answer to this burning question I have, is the fanbase really cancerous shitbags who have no taste.... or not? Preparing my cringe meters upon the battleship. IM GOING INNN.
>>
>>144314810
>>144314721

rekt
>>
>>144314758
>desire is evil
Fuck off fatso.
>>
File: 1454300951451.jpg (89KB, 1024x1048px) Image search: [Google]
1454300951451.jpg
89KB, 1024x1048px
>>144308832
Yes, it's the new madoka.
>>
>>144314810
Know how I know you don't have a proper response?

It's because you resort to argument from fallacy.
I'm not even the guy you were arguing with, I was just embarrassed by your post.
>>
>>144314839
Priscilla worships pride and believes Subaru to be Pride, but Subaru showed no Pride meaning she was wrong

Subaru is on his way to becoming Pride
>>
>>144313905
She calls him out for not loving Emilia enough not pretending to want to kill them, he wants to do it purely for revenge and not his waifu.
>>
>>144314827
An anime to surpass Evangelion.
>>
>>144308222
I don't know because its not done
It could end up being amazing or terrible or anywhere in between so just wait for it to be done before spouting your nonsense
>>
>>144309849
> If your own lies do not convince you, they will not convince others.

I find all of these statements off-putting; they don't make sense in the context of subaru's relationship with those characters and the conversations they were having. They make all of these grand and "insightful" pronouncements / judgements of his character based on what? They barely know him. To them he's just an over-eager clown who seems to be ignorant of their society. Why the hell are they even bothering to talk to him at all?

We as viewers might know enough about subaru to condemn his character like that, but they sure as shit shouldn't. It doesn't make them seem like super smart politicians who can read people, it just seems sloppy and out of place.
>>
>>144314875
>massive sadistic bitch
I see no problem.
>>
>>144314879
Don't lose faith in Emilia like most of these tards did, anon.
>>
>>144314659

But they both said that. Crusch mentions it multiple times at the beginning of her negotiations with Subaru, even explicitly rejecting the one offer that Subaru has for her under the guise that it will happen regardless. Jewloli mentions it at the very end, saying that Subaru does not know how to properly negotiate because he is too invested in is own desires.
>>
>>144314839
I think she got mad that he didn't even attempt to offer her anything in return and just immediately turned to begging. Also it's possible him doing that wasn't something she predicted which made her even more mad that she was wrong about something.
>>
>>144314931

I'd already made my point.

Until he makes an actual rebuttal, I don't need to make another one.
>>
>>144314777
He could try speaking in hypotheticals. Such as, "if we go to this place and do this, this very specific thing may happen."
>>
>>144314921
>sub 10k sales
>new madoka

Im keking way too hard, reddit:zero fags sure are delusional
>>
Yes. The author will win Nobel Prize in Literature at not so distant future. Such brilliance in mere Japanese light novel. Unimaginable.
>>
Who would win in a fight, Subaru or literally anyone at this point? This last episode just told me that there's a good chance he would lose to a loli catgirl
>>
>>144314915
Maybe you ought to give that brain of yours a good workout and read what I've written again.
>>
>>144313794
don't dare use logic here faggot

priscilla best girl!
>>
>>144314879
Remmebr, Rem is best girl

>>144314976
Emilia is shit and always will be shit
>>
>>144314822
>>
>>144314973
>Licking feet isn't seen as a reward

The author does not have refined patrician tastes
>>
>>144314931

nigga he'd already made a proper argument and got someone posting that ad-homimen meme shit in response.

What's he supposed to respond to that with?
>>
File: NT_Index_v05_100.png (784KB, 1096x1600px) Image search: [Google]
NT_Index_v05_100.png
784KB, 1096x1600px
"What why? Do I need a reason to save others?"
From the Book of TouMAN, 3, 12, 23
>>
>>144314777
Trips confirm plot hole larger than the black hole at the center of our galaxy
>>
I think the real problem here is that Subaru went into these talks without thinking about it from the other parties' perspectives. They really don't have anything to gain by helping Subaru.
>>
>>144315000
She's reading his mind 24/7 and will punish him if he makes any sort of effort to tell people.
This has been explained thousands of times already.
>>
>>144315022
loli cattrap is in fact the father of reinhard.

The gramps is the father of the loli cattrap. They pretty hardcore swordmens but salt from the death of the grandmother of reinhard and reinhard being so OP.
>>
>>144315022
Well i think Subaru can only win if he absorbs every power from every Bishop
>>
>>144314777
Because they die. Dead people are not potential future assessts.
>>
>>144314311
If you let your people die because you hate the guts of the guy who's pleading for them, you are a fucking terrible ruler, or at least wannabe ruler.
>>
>>144315089
based touman

honestly NT9 does the whole dead loop way better than shit:zero.
>>
>>144315076
When does licking feet of whores is considered a reward?

Checkmate m8.
>>
>>144315099
Sounds pretty yanderish.

If she's really EMT wouldn't it be in her benefit for Subaru to better help her stay alive?
>>
>>144315022
Subaru is the weakest. I mean shit when you have someone like Rem dying all the time that should tell you something about the power levels in this world. Subaru can never hope to catch up to anyone. He wins solely on future knowledge of events gained through repeated suffering. It's kind of funny to think how hilariously short his magical world trip would have been without his ability.
>>
>>144314392
It does. If you save someone just for money, the action has no moral value. It only has moral value if it was done out of duty, i.e. you would save someone even if you weren't paid. Anyone can save someone if they were paid a billion dollars to do it.
>>
>>144313964
This is actually pretty convincing.
>>
>>144311617
I'd blame it on a racial trait, there's a lot of niggers watchiing anime. That race has basic problems with context and planning ahead

inb4 I want /pol/ to leave ;^)
>>
>>144315165
Except Subaru doesn't have a superpower (at least not yet) and he lacks the impenetrable plot armor.
>>
>>144314788
Not an argument.
>>
>>144308222

Why lie to yourself
>>
>>144314839
tfw subaru actually want to lick her foot even if she did not help him
>>
>>144315257
Neither is yours. You made a statement and brought forth no arguments to support it. Why should I bother when you don't have the courtesy to do it?
>>
>>144310999
I believe the name of this trope is called "Chekhov's Gun"
>>
File: okappa8.jpg (33KB, 378x337px) Image search: [Google]
okappa8.jpg
33KB, 378x337px
>>144315228
Maybe I should start a cult
>>
File: 1468294155273.png (118KB, 327x333px) Image search: [Google]
1468294155273.png
118KB, 327x333px
>>144315100
the loli catperson is also a boy?!

ARE THERE ANY REAL CATGIRLS IN THIS WORLD? ARE THEY ALL TRAPS?! THIS IS TRUE SUFFERING
>>
>>144313905
>based

Fuck off. All these stupid cunts acting like the shit. They wouldnt last through 1/20th of the injuries, pain, and trauma Subaru survived.

Yeah great job calling out a shell shocked kid whose survived unimaginable pain and suffering and is still trying to do right by the only people he has any affection toward in this world.
>>
>>144315023
Maybe you should work out what your position entails before posting. You just labelled helping people evil if you desire something from it. Presumably you don't think helping people is evil therefore it's desire that's evil.
>>
>>144314973
>>144314839

Post more Priscilla screenshots from this episode.
>>
I Dropped this at episode 12, when felt gets introduced as a candidate for queen, does this get any better, or does it keep being generic otaku-bait with a few flashes of good directing?
>>
>>144315097
Subaru is dumb. He is so dumb that he thought those self-centered bitches would agree to save people while getting nothing in return.

He is SO DUMB, that he even thought they would believe his nonsense talk.

Really, only Reinhardt would hear Subaru and try to help him.
>>
>>144315022
author said in a Q&A he can beat that village loli who got her eyes torn out, Petra
>>
Is there a law saying all royal candidates have to be pretentious assholes? Why is Emilia literally the only one close to a normal human being?
>>
>>144313964
>Witch cult:
may die anytime if you fucked up even once to your leader.
>>
>>144314758
Something that makes the world better cannot be evil. The betterment of the world is counted in lives saved, in troubles avoided, in money earned, in peace maintained. That's solid, tangible matter. Your definition of "good" could be applied to a clusterfuck of ruin and suffering, given it was the result of some noble action.
>>
>>144315133
>If you let your people die
What basis is there even for this? Subaru can't prove anything he says is true or how he knows it and they get multiple reports of the witch cult constantly that don't amount to much. Nobody is going to take a chance on a crazy guy. You're being silly.
>>
>>144314758
>but if someone helped people solely for their own personal gain, it would be evil.
So the act of a rich man who helps the impoverished only to make himself look better is inherently an evil act? Even if everyone is better off and noone is worse off? Uh huh.
>>
>>144312868
Rocket mode.
>>
>>144315165
Touman would resolve every problem:
>Candidates
Punch them and make them care for peasants
>Reinhard
Punch him and make him change his fate
>Cultist
Punch them and make them build orphanages
>Satella
Punch her and increase harem size
>White whale
Punch it and make sushi
>>
>>144311229
In terms of how he tries to solve problems, subaru hasn't changed one fucking bit.
>>
>>144315223

>the action has no moral value

Except that it does. It you consider a human to have worth simply because of their humanity, then preserving that worth is a net plus, regardless of motive. The action is given morality, not by motive, but by consequence.

Even if you deny this, then the action is still worthy of respect, due to the courage and physical skills shown. You could also argue that employment is a contract, and fulfilling a contract is a duty. If a man is employed to be a fireman, then it is his duty to save lives from fires. The action is done out of duty, and the fiscal reward is a part of that duty.
>>
>>144315386
Not really
Beetlejuice just beat him up a bit, he left to dispose of Rem just like the other cultists
>>
>>144315356
Yeah, he's incredibly dumb. He's not a bad person like all those stuck up ruler candidates are painting him to be, but he is incredibly stupid.
>>
>>144314111
In fact, forget the faction. Just go with the blackjack and hookers.
>>
>>144314839
you are a beta orbiter
kill yourself fuckboi
>>
>>144315347

It garbage don't even bother
>>
>>144309849
>And his inability to recognize the humanity

>putting his life on the line for children, and later the rest of the village
>only puts himself and Emilia first

yeah, um, nah

Although I will admit Subaru is a child who thinks himself the hero of his story, that's doesn't demerit the good he's done
>>
>>144315221
If he fucks up, it's all but guaranteed to end in death for him, and then it just resets.
He's supposed to get good, not be guided.
>>
>>144315398
>I pride myself on the fact I can tell when someone is lying, and I can tell you were being honest
Can't get out of it that way faggot.
>>
File: 1441658279246.jpg (28KB, 576x440px) Image search: [Google]
1441658279246.jpg
28KB, 576x440px
>>144315223
>Anyone can save someone if they were paid a billion dollars to do it.
The fact of the matter is you still saved someone.

That is tangible, that is reality. Who the fuck cares about some empty abstract reason?
>>
>>144315347
nope it's still being generic and fucking sucks don't even think of coming back to watch it

thank you.
>>
>>144315341
>>
>>144314758

>it would be evil

No, it wouldn't.

>Get paid money to hand out food to poor people
>this is somehow an evil action
>>
>>144315411
He can't really change that just yet in the story. He has no leverage (yet). While his powers are strong, they take time to fully take advantage of.
>>
>>144315133
>your people
The people in Emilia's domain aren't the other candidates' people. The candidates' knights and soldiers are their people, who will be sacrificed in a fight against the cult if they agree to help Subaru.
>>
>>144315446
Reinhardt is the true hero of this show.
>>
>>144315515
>>144315341
>>144314973

>there's a porn game with a girl who looks like Priscilla
>you get to mind-control her and rape her into submission
>It's been translated into english

Thank you, Japan.
>>
>>144309849
Why are they all trying good give him political lessons and being ass holes instead of just helping him?

Also why did that bitch ask him to suck her toes then get mad when he did it?
>>
>>144315565
Remember the part about them being royal candidates?
>>
>chokes when trying to tell people he comes back in time after dying
>10 deaths later he decides to just tells what will happen

Jesus
>>
>>144315335
>In reality, it's probably closer to a combination of both things
As in: in reality, a fireman probably saves people both because he wants to save lives AND be paid to do so.
>SOLELY
Do you understand now, Timmy?
>>
>>144315515
Doujins with her and her shota harem when?
>>
>>144315533

I'm not talking about powers nigga. I'm talking about learning from mistakes and thinking before running his dullard mouth.
>>
>>144315605
Can't blame the guy
>>
>>144315484
What is your point? There is still no basis to trust Subaru about anything especially after what Anatasia mentioned how he already ruined his reputation right from the start and nobody will forget it. You would have to be as crazy as he is to believe a word of what he's saying.
>>
>>144315605
He didn't tell them about his ability.
>>
>>144314873
>be governor of state/rich ceo funning for president of country
>have influence over military and police, have own private well-trained security force
>some kid comes to you desperately asking for help because the next town over has an imminent terrorist attack and many civilians will die, including your political opponent in the electoral race
>refuse to even take him seriously because you dont like the cut of his jib, and he's annoying/had autism/smells bad

In real life a person like this would be universally despised by the entire country as a god damn selfish elitist snob and probably have their political career ruined (unless that person was Hillary Clinton but thats a separate discussion).
>>
>>144315356
>Really, only Reinhardt would hear Subaru and try to help him.
This.

REINHARDT-SAMA FOR KING OF LUGUNICA 2016
>>
>>144314659
Except they do.
>>
>>144315565
They are trying to become the ruler of the nation.
>>
>>144315582
>>144315341
I want priscilla to step on my dick.
>>
>>144315643
doujins of horny foot-licking when?
>>
Concerning the morality of actions, it works something like this.

>Do a good action for a good cause: good
>Do a good action for a bad cause: Still good, but less so
>Do a bad action for a good cause: not explicitly evil, but misguided
>Do a bad action for a bad cause: evil
>>
>>144315589
>Also why did that bitch ask him to suck her toes then get mad when he did it?
She doesn't want filthy peasant drool on her royal foot. She just wanted to humiliate him.

Priscilla probably has a lackey specialized in foot-licking for whenever she wants that.
>>
>>144315646
His point is that Crush knows Subaru is telling the truth
>>
>>144315689
What about shotas licking her feet?
>>
>>144315411
He already started, by the end of the episode he came up with a new plan, made a deal with the merchants to relocate everyone but the whale ruins everything.
>>
>>144315582
holy fuck link
>>
>>144315705

Thank you.

How the fuck can people jump around trying to prove otherwise, when this is self-evident.
>>
File: 1468203412588.png (1MB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
1468203412588.png
1MB, 1440x810px
>>
>>144315646
>they didn't think he was trustworthy
>one of them explicitly stated they thought he was trustworthy and refused to act
>what's your point, he isn't trustworthy
HURR DURR
>>
>>144315688
>.gif (2.33 MB, 1274x717)
>>
File: 1463612757917.png (55KB, 217x190px) Image search: [Google]
1463612757917.png
55KB, 217x190px
>>144315719
now this is some fine patrician taste
>>
File: 1441658271334.png (319KB, 534x388px) Image search: [Google]
1441658271334.png
319KB, 534x388px
>>144315605
>>10 deaths later he decides to just tells what will happen
He's done that before, remember when Ram and Roswaal got buttmad in the loop where Rem died due to the dog curse but Subaru couldn't explain how he knew anything?
>>
>>144315705
Agree
>>
>>144315736
>>144315688

It's called Saimin Kizoku.
>>
File: 1463714851751.gif (1MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1463714851751.gif
1MB, 640x360px
>>144315771
>>
What was the deal with the old guy with the bandana? Why was Subaru the only one to see him or remember him?
>>
>>144315674
I WANT TO SUCK REINHARDT'S HARD DICK.
>>
>>144315582
This sounds amazing.

>>144315515
>>144315688
Thanks anons.
>>
>>144315718
Even then there is nothing to gain from helping. He's asking for freebies from a rival. Actually they're not even rivals. Emilia isn't even considered a threat in the running. Nobody is going to vote for an elf.
>>
>>144315753
Rem is so bad at twister

kek
>>
>>144315831
probably he was a cultist
>>
I'll lick Priscilla's feet for spoilers
>>
>>144315831
It'll be explained but basically the whale consumes memories, only Subaru remembers
>>
>>144315769
Calm down autist.
>>
>>144315803

>It's real

Oh, yes.
>>
>>144315831

The giant thing/eye caught it
>>
>>144315831
When the white whale eats you, he erases you from existence and it's you never existed in the first place.
>>
>>144315614
>As in: in reality, a fireman probably saves people both because he wants to save lives AND be paid to do so.

No, that's wrong. If they were doing it for money, there are literally thousands of easier jobs that pay as much.

A fireman wants to protect people from fire. They are paid because they making saving people their livelihood and it is ridiculous/impossible to try and make someone like that struggle to survive by working another job when they aren't saving people.
>>
EVERY PERSON IS EITHER COMPLETELY GOOD OR COMPLETELY EVIL AND EVER WANTING ANY SORT OF PERSONAL GAIN FROM YOUR ACTIONS MAKES YOU 100% EVIL
>>
>>144315857
Yes, I agree with you on this. But the discussion was on if he were or not considered trustworthy
>>
>>144315515
Damn, she is stronk.
>>
>>144315748

This.

Really enjoying the Re;zero threads though.
>>
>>144315917
why does subaru only remember? im assuming something to do with satella?
>>
>>144315596
Yeah, so their conduct now in how they manage their domains is likely a good indicator of what they'll be like as national rulers.
>>
>>144315896
>>144315917
So why doesn't it affect Subaru? Plot convenience?
>>
>Yukarin will never ask you to lick her feet
;_;
>>
reminder feetfags are cancer
>>
What is known about satella?
>>
File: DELETE THIS.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
DELETE THIS.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>144315753
>>
>>144315705
I disagree, good action for bad cause is morally reprehensible. Someone who partakes in such an act will easily fall to evil for personal gain.
>>
So if the seven sins and cultists gain powers, will Subaru get any? He has the witches smell
>>
>>144315451
Split the bill?
>>
File: 57918039_p0.jpg (331KB, 1200x1500px) Image search: [Google]
57918039_p0.jpg
331KB, 1200x1500px
When is my waifu coming back?
>>
File: 1467299073204.png (401KB, 587x663px) Image search: [Google]
1467299073204.png
401KB, 587x663px
>>144315936
You literally cannot convince me to ever think of Subaru in a positive light because he is literally worse than Hitler.
>>
>>144314773
How about that scathing parting words from Ford, though?

>"I hope you become a great ruler; the kind of dictator that abandons the weak."

Jesus fucking christ. Most of the time I find myself cringing when he opens his mouth, but goddamn, sometimes he just finds the right words.
>>
>>144315972
Correct.
>>
>>144315937
His information can be trusted but Subaru himself is not in a position where he looks trustworthy. Remember that since he's the one bringing up the issue, he'll have a huge hand in how operations proceed. Do you want a madman clearly bent on revenge in charge of your troops?
>>
>>144315857
>be governor of state/rich ceo funning for president of country
>have influence over military and police, have own private well-trained security force
>some kid comes to you desperately asking for help because the next town over has an imminent terrorist attack and many civilians will die, including your political opponent in the electoral race
>refuse to even take him seriously because you dont like the cut of his jib, and he's annoying/had autism/smells bad

In real life a person like this would be universally despised by the entire country as a god damn selfish elitist snob and probably have their political career ruined (unless that person was Hillary Clinton but thats a separate discussion).
>>
>>144315982
>>144315972
It's because of either Subaru existing outside conventional time because of Satella's curse or the White Whale being connected to Gluttony, which is one of her bishops so Satella fuckery allows him to remember
>>
>>144316059
Well Hitler was a pretty good person so he can still be worse than Hitler and good.
>>
>>144315838
heh.
>>
File: fuuko1.jpg (16KB, 267x200px) Image search: [Google]
fuuko1.jpg
16KB, 267x200px
/a/ can't into psychology. All of you dumbfucks defending Subaru are self-insert otakus who don't understand the intricacies of the human mind. Not all people are self righteous pricks like you degenerate fucks.

>muh saving the people muh righteous act
>>
>>144315982
Because of his curse and strong affiliation with Satella.
>>
File: 1468199805305.png (365KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1468199805305.png
365KB, 600x600px
>want to kill the people who are going to kill emilia and a ton of other people
>lol you didn't even say you want to save emilia you're fucked up kiddo no help for you :^)
fuck crusche
>>
>>144316142
Keep in mind most people here are college kiddies fresh out of highschool
>>
>>144316033
Yes.
You could also call Return by Death a power in itself.
>>
>>144316033
Yes he does, but his mana gate is broken so he can't use the Sins that he has absorbed Sloth and Greed's power
>>
>>144315980
Not a solid one, but still an indicator.
>>
>>144315982
>>144315972
"People who are eaten will be erased and forgotten by others of this world"

Subaru isn't from that world, Al also remembers people eaten by the white whale as well.
>>
>>144316179
You ignored most of Crusch point's though. Nice try.
>>
I like Subaru
>>
>>144316142
Shut the fuck up you dumb nigger. You're the one that doesnt understand "the intricasies of the human mind."

Pretensious shit. What do you know about psychology?
>>
>>144316179
Exactly, even if he never explicitly mentioned it, he still wants to save Emilia and the villagers.

I mean, he wants to save them so hard be buys out the merchants to transport them to a safe area, after no one else wanted to help.
>>
Fucking everyone is a cunt. Subaru is a cunt, Crusche is a cunt, jewess is a cunt, Priscilla is a cunt, every fucking person is a cunt.
>>
>>144316179
You didn't undertstand how to make yourself liked on this board, did you ? You're supposed to hate Subaru and praise Crusch's qualities as a leader, like all the anons on this board.
>>
>>144316032

A person can do a good act for a selfish cause and later do a bad act for personal gain. But that does not make the first action evil.
>>
>>144316142
>I don't care if people die a horrible death

You're the degenerate
>>
>>144315724

That wasn't a choice. He just accidentally ran into someone who could get him one carriage, then accidentally learned that they were scarce. Then he accidentally ran into a fleet of carriages who happened to be willing to go with him.

He didn't start out thinking

"Hm, maybe I can find a way to evacuate the whole village, how could I do that?"

"If I can get enough carriages to come with me, we might get there in time"

"Where can I find hire-able carriages in this city that seems unusually busy?"

etc.

He just lucked his way into it, and then had some bad luck with the whale. The way he actually started trying to solve the problem was the same as always, just bumbling along without a plan.
>>
File: You Edgy Fuck.png (465KB, 570x635px) Image search: [Google]
You Edgy Fuck.png
465KB, 570x635px
>>144316256
whoa buddy, watch the edge
>>
>>144314777
Is it "Why don't they just shoot him?" of Re:Zero now? That or "Why don't he kill himself?"
>>
File: 432423.jpg (51KB, 463x513px) Image search: [Google]
432423.jpg
51KB, 463x513px
>>144316179
Didn't he say that he wanted to save everyone too? Does everyone not include Emilia too?

I swear to fucking christ I can't believe this dumb bitch who uses semantics as an actual argument thinks she could rule anything besides her fuccboi cat friend.
>>
File: 1369873396868.jpg (69KB, 448x419px) Image search: [Google]
1369873396868.jpg
69KB, 448x419px
/a/ can't into psychology. All of you dumbfucks defending the candidates are waifu-loving otakus who don't understand the intricacies of the human mind. Not all people are self righteous pricks like you degenerate fucks.

>muh morality of action muh morality of motive
>>
>>144316297
Reinhardt is not a cunt though.
>>
>>144309849
>Crusch spells it out for anyone still in fucking denial. Subaru doesn't do jack shit for anyone other than his own ego.

This shit is wrong from the start. He's egotistic but in this instance, it's very fucking obvious that an extremely traumatic experience of seeing innocent people slaughtered and a person he really cares about (Rem) mutilated in front of his eyes is obviously influencing his enraged behavior. Acting like he wants to do this as some sort of ego boost is fucking dumb.
>>
>>144312853
>I doubt that considering its Episode 16 and they still haven't even finished character building, fuck man, last 3 episodes were just the same old "Drooling Kawasaki

There was a brilliant sumup some anon wrote few days ago about your problem. It's that you are thinking this series is about "next king tournament" as main plot, outside of subaru's save/load power. You get impatient because nothing is happening in this regard, and disregard character development with various dead end scenarios as not important. In short there are no mile stones big enough for you to notice.

Well fuck, this series is about a miserable journey of a broken man and 3 last eps presented that greatly.
>>
>>144316128
>>144316155
No?
Because Subaru doesn't belong in that world. Al also remembers people eaten by the whale as well. Gluttony's powers make people who originated from this world forget not from ones who got transported.
>>
>>144316142
>being this pretentious
what's wrong about saving people? what's wrong with wanting to save people? jesus, you guys will do anything to sound edgy just to inflate (You)r self-righteous egos.
>>
>>144316142
>the intricacies of the human mind
Yeah, and what do you mean by this? The intricacies of 3 massive self-righteous bitches, who don't lift a single finger to help the weak?
>>
File: cringelord.png (516KB, 544x673px) Image search: [Google]
cringelord.png
516KB, 544x673px
>>144316256
Subaru pls go
>>
>>144316102
No, and I don't think he would have had importance in that attack plan anyway. Still, knowing who and when cultist will attack is a great deal.
There isn't need for Subaru to be trustworthy when the information you get are true
>>
>>144316356
My favorite is when people ask why he doesn't write a note about the curse to get around it.
>>
>>144316388
>an extremely traumatic experience of seeing innocent people slaughtered and a person he really cares about (Rem) mutilated in front of his eyes is obviously influencing his enraged behavior.
Didn't happen in this timeline, anon.
>>
>>144308222
Yeah, it's just flavor of the month trash that no one will remember when it's over.
>>
>>144314777
Why doesn't Subaru just tell everyone he is cursed and can't discuss the details because of the curse? If he can't do it directly, he could talk about it in third person. He has discussed curses with Beato before.

Why doesn't he just write it down?

Or leave obvious hints?
>>
>>144316452
What does that have to do with the fact that he still experienced it?
>>
File: drink.gif (449KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
drink.gif
449KB, 500x280px
>>144316179
>I want to save everyone.
>You will get no help because you didn't say you wanted to save Emilia.
>Yes I did. I just fuckin said-
>>
>>144309849
idk man, hes seen shit
the nazi, the whore and the jew are the ones with no heart
>>
>>144316477
>Why doesn't Subaru just tell everyone he is cursed and can't discuss the details because of the curse?
Thats sounds incredibly fishy, and I would bet that counts as talking about the curse.
>>
Why doesn't Subaru tell Rem "hey, I sometimes have visions of the future, and when that happens I begin to reek more of witch"?
>>
File: rare wenli do not save.jpg (17KB, 288x318px) Image search: [Google]
rare wenli do not save.jpg
17KB, 288x318px
>>144309849
Your interactions would be wooden too if you underwent constant mental stress from seeing everything you tried to attach yourself to in order to maintain sanity destroyed in most creative ways possible, your own life included - something all living creatures hold onto until the last. Pyramid of basic human needs, ever heard of it? As for the rest of this thread.

>mfw /a/utists try to argue moral relativism
>>
File: the best.png (656KB, 800x1070px) Image search: [Google]
the best.png
656KB, 800x1070px
>>144315674
>>
File: 1392583146444.jpg (2KB, 120x117px) Image search: [Google]
1392583146444.jpg
2KB, 120x117px
>>144316142
I'll support the guy trying to live his hero fantasy by saving lives, even if it leads to him dying over and over trying to accomplish anything, rather than the ruthless politician who's glad to let dozens of people die if it weakens the opposition to her rule, while giving a single person's way of phrasing his demands as an excuse for that decision.
>>
File: 14671558083991.png (351KB, 566x367px) Image search: [Google]
14671558083991.png
351KB, 566x367px
>>
>>144316452
But we know it happened. We're talking about anons who think of him as egoistic
>>
>>144316423
Do you believe for a moment that Subaru would just let anyone else take charge of this operation, even when begging for their help?
>>
File: 1425847409620.jpg (35KB, 385x375px) Image search: [Google]
1425847409620.jpg
35KB, 385x375px
>>144316179
>it's a stuck-up bitch who is always portrayed as being on the moral high ground episode

Worst fucking character types.
>>
>>144316528

Because she's useless
>>
Crusch went from best girl to worst girl in one episode.
>>
>>144315411
Why is putting him charge of your troops even a question, sending a company of troops with their usual commanders and having him act as a native guide outranked by the janitor was all that was asked.
>>
>>144316477
>>144315099
Every thread. A million times in every thread.
>>
>>144316524
Then why doesn't he just tell a "story" about someone who is cursed and never directly implicate himself? Again, he has talked about curses at length with Beako so obviously that would be okay.

>There once was a boy from another world who couldn't die...
>>
I just want Dark lord Subaru to destroy everything.
>>
>>144316477
The witch'll choke the shit out of him if he tries anything like that. It's a contrivance necessary to the plot.
>>
>>144314777
People are calling him a mad-man already do you honestly think people would believe him?
>>
File: nI1J9G0.gif (616KB, 244x156px) Image search: [Google]
nI1J9G0.gif
616KB, 244x156px
>>144316548
>>
>>144316313
Sinning and trying to hide behind righteousness is disgustingly depraved.
>>
>>144316632
All he has to do is predict a happening, dummy!
>>
>>144316570
Do you believe he has any power to get in charge? He'll just say everything like with the jewloli, and then he'll be put aside. No way he's taking charge
>>
I don't understand the hype over last episode. All he did was die again and start spawning from a terrible checkpoint?
>>
>>144316589
>having him act as a native guide outranked by the janitor
>having him act
>having him
This is where the problem is.
>>
>>144316594
Because whenever he mumbles about it it sounds like the ramblings of a mad-man. Nobody believes him. Not to mention Beatrice is a Witch's daughter.
>>
>>144316632
There's physical proof in the form of the scent.
>>
>>144316581

Meanwhile Barielle continues getting further on top
>>
>>144316548
sauce?
>>
>>144316594
IF HE LITERALLY TRIES TO TELL ANYONE AT ALL ABOUT THE CURSE HE GETS FUCKED OKAY

HE JUST CANT
>>
>>144316528
Because Satella is watching.
>>
File: 1408241289490.jpg (93KB, 577x575px) Image search: [Google]
1408241289490.jpg
93KB, 577x575px
Why does this anime attract so much reddit and MAL cancer to this board?
>>
No wonder Satella destroyed half the world when the people in it are so cunty.
>>
>>144316703
More like Satellite.
>>
>>144316688
Which very few people can detect. Most of them being in the Witch Cult, and you know.
>>
>>144316528
Rem already does whatever he wants, he doesn't need to
>>
>>144316703
Doujins where?!
>>
>>144316673
Its 2deep4u
>>
File: 1468773559539.jpg (40KB, 370x370px) Image search: [Google]
1468773559539.jpg
40KB, 370x370px
>>144316581
>it's an episode 13 butthurt episode
>>
>>144316716
AOTYs usually do.
>>
>>144316701
He doesn't have to tell anyone about "his" curse. The story has shown that he is free to discuss curses. Therefore, he can discuss the curse so long as he does not refer to his curse directly.
>>
>>144316716
Because its popular
>>
>>144316603
even a little girl kicks his ass, anon. The only thing he can destroy is himself.
>>
>>144314188
Fuck off crybaby
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SUWK_pWrbw
>>
>>144316666
The second he gets sidelined he'll flip his shit and do something insanely retarded. So he's guaranteed to fuck something up from the outset so long as he's even present.
>>
>>144316758
Just wait.
>>
>>144315718
>>144315484
No. Crusch's point is that HE believes in what he's saying, and she knows it's true.

Doesn't mean that what he believes in is actually true.
>>
>>144316548
full image please?
>>
>>144314777
>777
This is how Subaru ends the story. He tells everyone he is an oracle and accurately predicts things. They all follow him to victoly.
>>
>>144314777
They establish after the first reset that not every time line is identical. Different lives can have different circumstances.
>>
>>144316723
This tbqh, the Re Zero universe needs a good cleansing.
>>
>>144316379
he's the biggest cunt
>>
>>144316512
You could tell how fucking pissed Subaru was after that and even more after Priscilla's bullshit.
>lick my foot
>subaru goes to lick it because he puts his pride before the lives of innocent people
>gets kicked
>lol fuck off you pig
>>
I like anime.
>>
>>144315832
I bet his cock is fucking enormous.
>>
>>144316758
Well, for now.
>>
>>144316849
Kill yourself
>>
>>144308832
Does anyone remember Higurashi? No
>>
>>144316179
>>144316571
Crusche didn't help him because she didn't trust him and because she had nothing to gain from doing so.
The "u didn say u wanna save emilia" thing was silly, but it wasnt the main point.
>>
>>144316703
>yfw she watches him take a dump or fap
>>
>>144316814
Do not give details please, but are we going to see him become less pathetic before the anime ends? Is he going to do SOMETHING?
>>
File: 1469899861144.png (239KB, 534x401px) Image search: [Google]
1469899861144.png
239KB, 534x401px
Will he do it? Will he get his vengence on the bitches who keep rejecting him? Emilia, Rem, Crusch, Priscilla and Anastasia are all guilty.
>>
File: Alibaba-anime2.png (208KB, 270x432px) Image search: [Google]
Alibaba-anime2.png
208KB, 270x432px
>>144309849
>>144313794
This is what happens when you attempt to grab bitches for power, they're scummy and don't help each other. The one who serves the people is the true ruler.
>>
>>144316880
You don't like?
>>
>>144316723
Maybe Satella destroyed all the people who weren't cunts.
>>
>>144316838
Reinhardt wouldn't punish you for such irresponsible words because he's a cool guy.
>>
>I know you are telling the truth and helping you out would be the correct thing to do
>but I won't because you didn't phrase your request with the specific semantics I wanted to hear

Jesus Christ.
>>
>>144316835
So? If he's wrong, he can just kill himself until he gets it right. We've seen multiple timelines and there are always identical events.
>>
>>144316918
I hope Subaru kills himself/dies and realizes hes being a complete faggot here, and manages to get some help from the other candidates instead of being an egotistical faggot
>>
Why do cultists want to kill the witch's reincarnation?

I mean they had a favorable reaction towards Subaru who was stinking of witch, shouldn't they do the same towards her?
>>
>>144308832
It's just another slightly above average flavor of the season anime. The plot is surprisingly interesting enough to keep people interested which is a large reason why it's so popular. The gory and edgy shit also probably helps.
>>
>>144316918
hopefully never
>>
>>144316844
these fuckin triflin bitches. is this some kind of plan to make people like emilia more by making her of a bitch by comparison?
>>
>>144316958

>kills non cunts accidentally
>try's to comeback after realize her mistake and kill the cunts now

Best girl
>>
new thread, we are here now >>144313897
>>144313897
>>
>>144316918
>Rem

What?
>>
>>144316993
Emilia didn't deserve Satella's "inheritance"
>>
>dies multiple times
>people act like its Subaru's fault that he's mentally unstable
>>
>>144316993
Because he makes diplomatic fumbles.
>>
>>144316902
Yeah, she's right that helping was not in her best interest and that the witch cult was Emila and Roswaal's responsibility.
But she's one heck of a mad cunt to insinuate that subaru isn't doing it to save emilia, that's just fucking stupid.
>>
>>144316750
I don't think Satella approves of loopholes.
>>
>>144316442
He could just say it all in contrary while winking
>If I die, I DON`T get transported back in time before my death *wink repeatedly*
>>
>>144316993
because they dont know who he is you fucktard. Kill yourself
>>
>>144316750
The witch will know what he is doing and choke him. There are no loopholes because he is being monitored. He can't give any hints without the witch noticing. His only hope is if someone else figures it out, which isn't likely.

It's a plot contrivance. The author doesn't want him to be able to tell others, so he just can't. Okay?
>>
So why do people hate Emilia? I mean she has some dumb political ideas, but she's sure as hell smarter and less of a bitch than the rest of the queen candidates. She's pretty nice.
>>
>>144317071
Nevermind I can't read.
They're targeting Emilia for plot reasons.
>>
>>144317100
What?
>>
File: 1468788242726.png (74KB, 673x251px) Image search: [Google]
1468788242726.png
74KB, 673x251px
>>144317057
Rem is just as bad as Emilia.

>be a lonely NEET playing vidya all day
>suddenly find yourself in a strange fantasy world
>get saved by a cute half elf girl
>fall in love with her
>die trying to protect her
>suddenly you live again
>everything has reset
>die over and over and over again trying to protect her
>you want no reward
>all you want is to be by her side
>you see how she mingles with shiny powerful knights
>you do your best to not say anything despite your jealousy feeling like a stone in your chest
>you notice how she wants less and less to do with you
>eventually she throws you away like a used tool to be kept in the background
>you make sure to do your very best in a desperate attempt to stay relevant in her life
>she doesn't care
>you finally snap and tell her what an ungrateful whore she is
>she leaves you without any remorse
>one of her maids are ordered to stay with you for a while
>you train hard every day to be worthy of standing by her side
>you grow closer to the maid that was left behind with you
>you suddenly receive word that the ungrateful girl you love is in danger
>you do what you must and travel to save her
>the maid that you thought you could trust betrays you
>everyone you ever cared for turn their back on you
>you're all alone
>>
>>144313316
I think you overthought/overestimated this. It's an edgy harem where stuck up bitches eventually get what's coming to them. I highly doubt the author is some deep philosopher on this level. Subaru's just gonna win it all in the end and teach em all a lesson.
>>
It's not like i want Reinhardt to be the mc or something, but subaru is just terrible he makes it hard to watch this series when i like pretty much every thing else about it.
>>
File: cunt.jpg (252KB, 720x1215px) Image search: [Google]
cunt.jpg
252KB, 720x1215px
>>144316902
>she didn't trust him

nice meme
>>
>>144317127

Emilia is nice but Priscilla is better
>>
>>144317127
HALF WITCH
>>
>>144317192
>Priscilla is better

Surely you're just memeing with me right now, right?
>>
>>144317127
>but she's sure as hell smarter
>smarter
>let's her servants kill her important guest who saved her life

She's just as incompetent, all she has going for her is kindness/morality.
>>
>>144317142
I think that anons trying to say that the cult members greeted Subaru because he stunk of witch so they assumed he was some big shot in the cult.
>>
>>144317177
I'm sorry you can't self-insert into a flawless character, it must be tough for you.
>>
>>144317127
Emilia is the definition of average, the issue is that she's stuck in a series with 5 other girls that are better than her in pretty much every regard on top of having more screentime, so all her failings stand out more. Also she's kind of an idiot.
>>
>>144317252
Yeah that's what I assumed myself, but I didn't ask why Subaru was greeted, I asked why Emilia isn't revered by the cultists. So the answer confused me.
>>
>>144316844
>''lick my foot, if you don't it means you can't put your own pride below saving other people's lives''
>licks it
>''you fucking disgusting pig, how could you be so desperate for help that you would disregard your pride''
you fucking bitch
>>
>>144317299

E Emilia can rule me if she wants
>>
>>144317299
>5 other girls that are better than her

But literally the only girl that is better than her is Beatrice.
>>
>>144317263
Yeah this is the only defense of your favorite shitty character.
>>
>>144317151
rem never betrayed him though
>>
>0 comments at first
>come back 6h later to see 500 replies
What is this, /a/, summer fever?
>>
>>144317184
She doesn't believe he is lying, she believes he is insane. Meaning, she doesn't trust him.

Did you not pay attention or are you ignoring that part on purpose?
>>
>>144317332
Around ojous, watch your mojos.
>>
>>144317263
I think you ment flawed
>>
>>144317377

We just like to shitpost
>>
>>144317151
>>144317368
>>
>>144317184
Didn't she say that he is literally so batshit insane he believes his own possible lies?
>>
>>144317377
>comments

Hello summerfag
>>
>>144316820
>>144316820
and just for that she's gonna let a village die?

to make a point and teach a traumatized guy a 'lesson'?

she could have said at least ''its better for me that the elf is dead'', at least there would be some respect!
>>
File: 1457988105739.jpg (57KB, 498x750px) Image search: [Google]
1457988105739.jpg
57KB, 498x750px
>>144313794
This is semi true, it' like asking France's president to roll tanks and save a German city from ISIS because one has anonymous tip about the attack, while shouting allah ahkbar in between the sentences. It's PRs worst nightmare.

Subaru looked like some fanatic demanding slaughter, hadnt he be so hotheaded green hair bitch would probably agree to at least evacuate the village of her potential future subjects.
>>
>>144316594
>Q. As was mentioned before he seem not to be able to tell people about Return by Death by writing it down. How about doing hand signals?

>A. That would be some pretty complicated hand signals, but if Subaru has the intention of to convey, he's busted. If the other party finds out by themselves its ok, but if they confirm with Subaru then it would not be pretty.
>>
>>144316033
Who is the bishop of envy? And why isn't he helping subaru?
>>
>>144317368
>>144317368
She did. She abandoned him and left him all alone in a foreign world.
>>
What would you do if you were in all of Subaru's situations? He's fucked from every angle.
>Help people not die
>Get accused of only trying to play a hero for inflating your own ego or only acting for your own personal revenge.

>Let people die
>Live with the guilt of knowing you let people die when you knew it could have been prevented somehow.

Everyone in the show hates Subaru for some reason, but truly from his perspective shit really never goes well for him at all.
>>
>>144315705
Yeah except intent doesn't mean jack shit to people in the real world, only actions.

>You drank and hit a guy but didn't mean to?
You're still going to jail
>You donated all those canned foods for a tax break?
Still a good thing.
>>
File: 1384639491731.jpg (9KB, 252x252px) Image search: [Google]
1384639491731.jpg
9KB, 252x252px
>>144317151
That's the recipe for the anime's success. It's balanced, and polarizing. The MC's motives are debatable, and yet he's the only one putting himself on the line in order to save the day.
It's not the story of a saint and his legion of followers, it's not the tale of a twisted villain who believed himself to be a saviour. It's much better : the story of an ordinary guy, with all his strengths and flaws, trying to make things right, and painfully failing time and time again.
>>
File: 6789[1].jpg (64KB, 250x350px) Image search: [Google]
6789[1].jpg
64KB, 250x350px
>>144317474
She doesn't believe him.
She thinks he is fucking crazy and obsessed about destroying the witch's cult.

She's probably too machiavellian to help out of the good of her heart either way, but i don't think that was the reason
>>
>>144317488
He can just leave clues. Apparently everyone in this anime is hyper intelligent and can discern lies with a glance, except for Subaru. Should be easy, right?
>>
DameDesuYo or HS?
>>
>>144317570
They are normalfags and he is a robot. Everything a robot does will be criticized even when he does the very things a normalfag would be called a hero for doing.

Subaru is a hero. He is the only one in this fucking show that has a soul and he truly cares for other human beings.
>>
the clown helping Emilia is a member of the witch cult
>>
Hajime no ippo is so much better than re zero, if you wanna watch and read something else go to that.
>>
>>144317690
>muh sports 2d
How about no.
>>
File: ss+(2016-07-17+at+05.29.17).jpg (44KB, 844x467px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-07-17+at+05.29.17).jpg
44KB, 844x467px
>>144316388
>"You haven't once said that you wanted to save Emilia."

What part of this line did you not understand? He's motivated by his desire for revenge, not his willingness to protect everyone. He's using "for the sake of everyone else" as a scapegoat to further his own desires, and that's been his character from the beginning.

The entire episode, every single person he talked to, from Anastasia to Crusch to bitch princess, told Subaru that's he's spending too much time doing what he wants, and not listening to everyone else, or even considering their feelings.

I left the episode thinking to myself that they were a bit heavy handed, and that they didn't need to spell it out so many times, but now I see why they did it. There literally are people like Subaru who just don't get it.
>>
>>144315099
He doesn't even try.
>>
>>144317570
People keep calling him retarded, but most of the stuff he does is out of insecurity. He thinks of himself the main character, and because of that, to keep himself as the main, to not be discarded, he has done some dumb things, like ep12-13, but besides that, today's episode - he was fucked whichever way. Only best boy Reinhard can save him now. As an anime only, I truly believe that the magician clown knows something, and/or is watching as this unfolds.
>>
>>144317570
Subaru does fuck up constantly, but the thing in this show is that everyone is somehow super amazing and perfect, while Subaru is an idiot.
>>
I NEED MORE OH GOD

WHERE CAN I READ THE REST OF THE STORY
>>
>>144317377
>>144317377
Classic newfriend using summer meme.
>comments
Don't even try to hide it, plebbit.
>>
>>144316512
>>144316844
>>144317332
Failure to pic related makes anon a Subaru.
>>
>>144317731
If someone butchers your family in front of you and you're magically brought back, then of course you'll feel hatred. You fucking normalcancer find flaws in EVERY LITTLE THING that Subaru-sama does.

>he isn't motivated by shiny ideals of pretty knights with rainbows and flowers, how evil of him!
No. Fuck you. He is the only man with true fanatic loyalty and heroism in this show.
>>
File: latest.jpg (218KB, 1200x928px) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
218KB, 1200x928px
Dumping hajime no ippo for those who wanna try something new
>>
>>144309849
>"We have to save the villagers! I don't want them to die!"
>"You're selfish because you didn't say you wanted to save Emilia!"

Yeah okay.

I will agree MC is acting like a baby and needs to figure out that no one but him, Reinhard, and Emilia will save people for the hell of it, and just because he does a favor for someone doesn't mean they have to send an army to stop something that doesn't concern them. Isn't that understandable after what he's gone through, though?

You don't just see everyone you care about get ruthlessly slaughtered and just walk away from that okay.
>>
>>144317833
Congratulations, you are literally Subaru.
>>
File: This man dit NOTHING wrong.png (227KB, 534x401px) Image search: [Google]
This man dit NOTHING wrong.png
227KB, 534x401px
>>144317876
And I'm fucking proud of it.
>>
You retards still can't spoiler for shit. Fucking /a/spies, re:zero threads are cancerous because of you.
>>
>>
>>144317658
Can you even read? If he has the intention to convey at all that's it. If he leaves any traces of his curse at all it has to be completely unintentional (literally what the witch's scent is).
>>
File: 1467848129098.png (877KB, 1100x500px) Image search: [Google]
1467848129098.png
877KB, 1100x500px
>>144317908
>>
File: 1280x720-Le6.jpg (293KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1280x720-Le6.jpg
293KB, 1280x720px
>>
>>144317932
>>144317984
???
>>
>>144317731
>He's motivated by his desire for revenge, not his willingness to protect everyone. He's using "for the sake of everyone else" as a scapegoat to further his own desires, and that's been his character from the beginning.
>he is motivated by his desires
So he is a normal human being. Just like everyone else. Just like those stuck up bitches that said they would just move when and if the situation was advantageous to them, yet still talked like they had the moral high ground.
>>
File: hajime-no-ippo-103215.jpg (172KB, 1200x924px) Image search: [Google]
hajime-no-ippo-103215.jpg
172KB, 1200x924px
>>144318024
I'm dumping hajime no ippo for people who want to try something new.
>>
>>144316758
How the hell was that foot princess strong enough to send him flying across the room?
>>
>>144317833
I agree that his ideals aren't bad.

But he's an autistic idiot who keeps fucking up and doesn't acknowledge his mistakes. Well after getting told so many times in this arc he will eventually.
>>
>>144315410
Who would win in a fight between Touma and Reinhard? Can Touma negate Reinhard's 100+ blessings?
>>
>>144317980
This image gets funnier the longer I look at it.
>>
>>144314777
Because he can't. There is an entity that controls him, and although she may choose to ignore for convenience some allusion to his curse, if it starts to become too easy, there is a risk that the Witch decides to kill everyone, Subaru included.

>>144309849
I understand that Subaru is not the most sympathetic character around, but some comments judged him a bit 'too severely.
>>
>>144317448
No, she said the exact opposite, that he doesn't believe his own lies. And she was referring to the idea that he was acting out of a desire to save Emilia rather than to kill the witch cult.
>>
>>144318058
The difference is, the 'stuck up bitches' didn't try to pull the moral high ground by pulling the 'think of the children' card.

At no point did anyone else ever pretend to be motivated by anything other than self interest. Only Subaru pulled that card in which he was promptly put in his place by literally everyone he spoke to that episode.
>>
>>144318110
>something new

You mean something ancient?
>>
>>144316673
But he did it twice this time.
>>
File: hajime-no-ippo-2361751.jpg (217KB, 800x1166px) Image search: [Google]
hajime-no-ippo-2361751.jpg
217KB, 800x1166px
>>
>>144313286
>>Why hasn't he showed anyone his phone till now?
Episode 2
>>
>>144318110
good job anon
>>
>>144316976
She also reckons he's insane but maybe that's because she hasn't met Betelgeuse yet.
>>
>>144317322
They see her as a false idol, also plot reasons.
>>
>>144318343
His brain trembles, whats so insane about it?
>>
>>144317731
"Currently", yes, Subaru wants revenge. Before meeting with the mad Bishop, Subaru had as a priority to try to gain trust of himself. Before that (again), he genuinely wanted to help Emilia. Priorities, desires and motivations change with the time and our experiences. we focus on the problem or the most recent painful experience. It's normal for human beings.
>>
File: hajime-no-ippo-1977221.jpg (249KB, 1200x859px) Image search: [Google]
hajime-no-ippo-1977221.jpg
249KB, 1200x859px
>>
File: 1398836520071.gif (655KB, 500x283px) Image search: [Google]
1398836520071.gif
655KB, 500x283px
>>144317151
>I hold doors open for her so she should let me stick my penis in her.

m'lady
>>
Has anyone had a more fucked up life than Subaru? I doubt it.
>>
File: 2134123.jpg (78KB, 844x476px) Image search: [Google]
2134123.jpg
78KB, 844x476px
>>144318508
>He genuinely wanted to help Emilia
Then why didn't he listen to a single thing she said?
>>
>>144318110
You are my autist of the week, anon. Stand Proud
>>
>>144317944
Why doesn't he get Beatrice and reinhardt together and tell them at the same time? Surely with how powerful they are they should be able to survive anything the witch tries
>>
>>144318636
>saving someones life and proving extreme loyalty to the person you saved is the same as holding the door to some people
This is why the modern world needs to burn.
>>
It's good but I'm honestly bewildered by the crazy amount of praise it's gotten. Series is well made and character interactions are a bit less cringe worthy than most series, but I can't see it being talked about for more then another 6 months, if that.
>>
File: 1468790072712.jpg (89KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1468790072712.jpg
89KB, 1280x720px
>>144318664
Because he didn't want to end up irreverent in increasingly grand affairs. Emilia is a naive little girl. Why would he listen to her? She should listen to him, the man who saved her life and proved to her that he is a loyal guardian that will do everything in his power to keep her safe.

Why didn't he stay in the room and obey? Because first of all, she could've been attacked. But most importantly it would've meant that he slipped away from her. He is desperate to remain relevant in her increasingly grand affairs

If he didn't try to stay relevant in that part of Emilia's life, he would just keep being cut out of every royal affair she is a part of. He'd just end up being part of the mansion's staff like Rem and Ram, and wouldn't be relevant in her life beyond mundane matters.
>>
>>144318692
Of the 3 of them Reinhardt would be the only one that would actually survive
>>
>>144318664
Because in all the games he played in his NEET career, main protagonist was at the center of importance.
>>
>>144317980
Subaru is nothing like Rodger though.
>>
>Subaru does stuff and expects a reward
>What a piece of shit I hate him!

>Princesses are asked to do something and expect a reward
>lol why is Subaru so selfish? Those girls sure put him in place!

Face it /a/ you'll defend anything just cause it has a pretty face. Definition of beta cuck.
>>
>>144318188
We must have been watching different episodes.
>>
>>144318857
ebin
>>
>>144318780
He is here as well, half the cast would be dead if it wasn't for him. Tbh it's pretty questionable how this whole kingdom even lasted so long without him there to save the day.
>>
>>144318806
He is. They are both true heroes who did nothing wrong.
>>
>>144318857
They hate Subaru because he is a true robot. A robot will be hated no matter what he does, no matter how right he is. If he isn't a pretty social butterfly then he is a monster to them.

SUBARU DID NOTHING WRONG.
>>
File: hajime-no-ippo-2209881.jpg (152KB, 800x1135px) Image search: [Google]
hajime-no-ippo-2209881.jpg
152KB, 800x1135px
Here's a real mc
>>
Why didn't he hire Anastasia's mercenaries with his big bag of money?
>>
>>144318698
It's not, and I"m not saying it is. She is right to feel like she owes him, but she does not owe him reciprocation of his feelings.

What his outburst demonstrated was that his favors come with a price attached and he expects that price to be payed. That really destroys the "cool thankless hero" image he was trying to get going for him.

Don't get me wrong anon, I understand and sympathize with Subaru and I would really like to see him manage to come out of this on top. I just also sympathize with Emilia, and honestly respect her for not letting him do whatever he wants, but still wanting to repay him for what he's done for her.
>>
anyone got a link to the pastebin with the spoilers?
>>
>>144308222
It's good, but you need to ignore the falseflaggers
>>
>>144318989
Why didn't you think this through before you clicked Post?
>>
>>144318879
>I am certain I have told you, Natsuki Subaru
>That if your own lie doesn't fool you, it will not deceive others

>Why?

>You don't know why?
>You haven't once said you want to save Emilia
>>
>>144318998
He was losing his mind and had died over and over and over for her while mixing up the realities in his mind. Then he finally snapped and just yelled whatever came up in his mind at the time.
>>
>>144318201
Watching an entire village die tends to do that to you. The moral high ground thing, I mean.
>>
>>144319078
She doesn't know that, her actions were correct based on the knowledge she had available.
>>
>>144318188
Of course he wants to kill the cult. He can't explain to them what they did to him and Rem. He is so filled with hatred and pain.
>>
>>144318905
Because the cast isn't important for the world. We think they are, but they aren't important in the grand scheme of things. The whole village dying doesn't mean anything.
>>
>>144319078
Yeah, that's why I don't think he's the antichrist like others here do.

Like >>144319130 said: to her he's just some dude who showed up, started doing favors for her, and then threw a hissy fit the second she calls him out for being reckless. It's unfortunate, but that's the way it is.
>>
>>144316179
the reason she doesn't help is because she thinks that subaru doesn't give a fuck about emilia and that his true intentions lie in killing the cultists. She thinks that he's trying to deceive her by using emilia as a tool.

You should really pay more attention instead of ranting about bad writing when the writing is actually really solid.
>>
>>144318664
White knight syndrome. I've seen worse attitudes on /a when their waifus are insulted.
>>
File: images.jpg (14KB, 185x272px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
14KB, 185x272px
>>
>>144316594
If he thinks about the curse Satella starts getting lewd and groping him because senpai finally noticed her.

Truly best girl Behind Rem
>>
>>144319074
This is actually a sadist/wicked action from the writer.

Subaru has never seen the corpse of Emilia and Rem, in both scenarios, is the one that remains most in his mind along with the villagers. And yes, Beetlejuice tortures him and kills Rem before his eyes. Obviously, his first intention is make him pay.
Thread posts: 608
Thread images: 80

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.