[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dead franchises

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 9

File: 1262712831365.jpg (729KB, 2040x3054px) Image search: [Google]
1262712831365.jpg
729KB, 2040x3054px
Which formally popular series did you follow and like?

Do you still like it? Do you still have hope for new content (chapters/volumes/seasons/etc)?

What was the demise of the francihse? Was it concluded? The lack of new content? The drop in quality? A bad descision from the creator(s)? Did the creator(s) simply got bored with it?

Pic related.
>>
Too many VN sequels that got boring fast.
>>
File: 1425287422649.jpg (35KB, 466x478px) Image search: [Google]
1425287422649.jpg
35KB, 466x478px
>>144060636
I still love Haruhi and pray for a third season.
>>
Code Geass.

It's dead because it ended.

Also Nanoha, I used to love it but now it's just trash.
>>
File: als-kun.jpg (67KB, 359x476px) Image search: [Google]
als-kun.jpg
67KB, 359x476px
>>144060636
I will never stop loving Haruhi. She was my first love and my waifu forever.
I pray every morning for a S3
>>
I blame StrikerS and everything that came after it.
>>
File: 02[1].jpg (649KB, 1884x1875px) Image search: [Google]
02[1].jpg
649KB, 1884x1875px
>>144061977
Ah sorry, forgot pic.
>>
>>144060636
>What was the demise of the francihse?
Everyone says Endless Eight killed Haruhi, but having gotten into the franchise recently, I really admire the gall that KyoAni had to do it.

It didn't work out, but it was beautiful in that romantic way, where they had an idea they wanted to do, and it may not have been well-received, but they saw through their vision.
>>
>>144062217
There was a 4 year gap between vol 9 and vol10 of the light novel.

Clearly the author didn't give a fuck about it even before endless 8
>>
SZS

I loved it, I waited, I laughed. Now it will pass into obscurity.
>>
>>144062571
I don't know about that. I know Japanese media produces shit quickly and often, but coming from a Western point-of-view, I kind of like it when content producers just put out stuff whenever they like.

You get the sense that it's something they wanted to do, that it's more art than commercial media.

But really, I'm just hopelessly romantic when it comes to that sort of stuff.
>>
>>144062718
The manga ended, m8. It's certainly not a dead franchise
>>
>>144062217
I used to think that too, but that isn't what happened at all, copypasting here what really went on

The sequel to "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya" was meant to include the following episodes:
Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody
Endless Eight
The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya I
The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya II
The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya III
The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya IV
The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya V
The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya I
The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya II
The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya III
The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya IV
The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya V
The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya VI
The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya VII
That's 7 Disappearance episodes, 5 Sigh episodes, 1 Endless Eight episode, and 1 Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody episode.
When the producers decided that Disappearance should be a movie, that removed those seven episodes from this season (which had already been funded/financed). The stories that take place right afterwards (Love at First Sight and Snowy Mountain Syndrome) require the events of Disappearance known in order to understand them and since the movie would be months afterwards, those couldn't be animated. So the producers/directors/series composer had to decide "how can we extend Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody, Endless Eight, and the Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya into 14 episodes to make a season?" Tanigawa had writers block at this time and couldn't contribute any stories, so there were no original episodes this time. The only choice was to extend the one story that could be extended: Endless Eight.

tl;dr: it's dissapearance's fault, we got a good movie but it killed the show
>>
>>144062217
>It didn't work out, but it was beautiful in that romantic way, where they had an idea they wanted to do, and it may not have been well-received, but they saw through their vision.
The KnK author was invited to KyoAni after her work was accepted, and she asked why they made Endless Eight. Apparently it was a landmine and she regretted asking. So no, it wasn't art, it was damage control. Someone higher up forced them to do it.
>>
>>144062778
Yeah, but if you see the franchise's history you'll see that Tanigawa was releasing pretty much a volume every year until Surprise, which came a whole a whole 4 years after Dissociation, and ever since he has made pretty much clear he gives zero fucks about the franchise anymore
>>
>>144062974
>>144062866
Even if it wasn't high art, and even if it was padding brought about by wanting to make a movie, I still appreciate that they had a corner to write themselves out of, and they gave it a shot with a divisive work.

Shit, I sound like I'm the one doing damage control.
>>
>>144062217
>It didn't work out,
Not this shit again. EE was a financial success, it sold really really well and I'm not talking in relative terms. It's Tanigawa's fault for not writing any new volumes that would require advertisement (read: anime) for it. Surprise alone sold more half a million copies combined between the two volumes, so all the franchise needs to kick life back into it is vol 12.
>>
>>144062866
Not really, it is author who killed the show.
>>
File: FORCE_GoD.png (229KB, 480x272px) Image search: [Google]
FORCE_GoD.png
229KB, 480x272px
>>144062104
StrikerS have some salvageable points. Personally i think it was the "brilliant" idea of splitting the original formula into simpler genres what destroyed the franchise. FORCE crashed and burned and ViVid was unable to hold interest in the main story while we got more spin offa and retellings as placebos for a dying franchise.

Now that Tsuzuki is in the works for a new Nanoha-like show but with a new verse i think is safe to say the franchise is dead for real now.
>>
>>144063398
don't worry, that's what I think too just pasted that for context, what they did with what they had was clearly amazing work and like >>144063407 says, comercially it wasn't a failure.
The real one at fault for the franchise dying is ultimately Tanigawa, but nothing can be done about that.
>>
>>144062974
Post source.
>>
>>144063536

A new continuity following the movies can salvage it though. They just really need to drop Vivid, nobody wanted that shit.
>>
>>144063536
dont encourage the loli nanofate fags
>>
E7

Weekly threads when it aired.

AO ruined it forever, despite having such high hopes for it.

HAHAHAHAHA but also, despair
>>
File: 1192612501316.jpg (159KB, 1126x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1192612501316.jpg
159KB, 1126x1200px
>>144064821

Why not? That's what the series was originally about.
>>
File: 2008-07-21-108891.jpg (418KB, 1310x1900px) Image search: [Google]
2008-07-21-108891.jpg
418KB, 1310x1900px
Galaxy Angel

Still one of my favorite franchises ever
I hope for a remastered VN series for the entire hexalogy

The Rune anime definitely killed it but the series itself through the VNs ended on a pretty good note. While the anime and other multi-media projects stopped after the anime, the games itself concluded the series.
>>
File: WolkenMovie.jpg (210KB, 360x496px) Image search: [Google]
WolkenMovie.jpg
210KB, 360x496px
>>144064717
Only if they give the Wolkenritter a proper role in the plot. They were criminally underused in the movie they were suppossed to be main antagonists.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.