[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: series that started out with heavy potential, built up interesting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7

File: 23070_toradora.jpg (99KB, 670x477px) Image search: [Google]
23070_toradora.jpg
99KB, 670x477px
ITT: series that started out with heavy potential, built up interesting characters and relationships, only to completely shit the bed and collapse into melodrama in the last third or so

(i just finished it. does the OVA patch things up at all)
>>
>>141803923

lmao i just saw the other toradora thread in the catalog
>>
The saddest thing is that it started with so high hopes that I thought it could take my first place as best anime I've watched.

To answer op I dropped that show real quick. Was it really that good in the beginning?
>>
>>141804043

i tend to like sol and i thought it was building up interesting characters and relationships and had decent comedy, but the last third (and especially the last 3-4 episodes) were way too rushed, basically shoved in ryuuji's feelings for taiga and the shit with his mom in out of nowhere (while IMO not adequately exploring taiga's relationship with her parents), shiting up minori and ryuuji (ami i think was better-done in the last few episodes)

i liked the art and sound and i thought taiga was a well-done character, but it's a great exhibit in how to crash an anime with no survivors
>>
>>141804197
Damn man, sorry to hear that. Wish I could give you something better to watch but I don't know that genre so well, have you tried haruhi?
>>
File: Hank_powers_up_to_Super_Manager.jpg (23KB, 500x317px) Image search: [Google]
Hank_powers_up_to_Super_Manager.jpg
23KB, 500x317px
>>141803923
I feel like people who think the show is shit in the last third aren't aware of the timeline of the show. The drama and pace picks up because they are a group of friends on the cusp of graduation and literally racing against the clock. Taiga and Ryuji had a plan they had been enacting for about a year that they were unsure of whether to bail out on, and the decision of whether or not to go through with it or stick with each other was time sensitive because Minori was a softball star that was gonna go off to college to play and Glasses face was an academic all star about to do the same. Taiga had her situation with her family, and Ryuji was about to either lose his chance with his dream girl, all of his friends, or both. Realistically these guys weren't going to see each other again.
That's where the hasty marriage proposal comes in.
>>
>>141804642

that would be a decent explanation except they were explicitly in second year throughout the entire series
>>
>>141804725
No, they go on a vacation to Amis beach house after their second year finishes up for summer break.
>>
Cross Game. Everyone that was not Gary and Mary got shit on in the end.
>>
>>141804344
Hahahaha shut up.
>>
>>141804788

look at the series again, there are several shots of them being in class 2-C

also, at the end of episode 25, it's mentioned that a year has passed and they're still in high school
>>
>>141804642
Nailed it, once again the LN manages to compliment the anime nicely in this regards.

Anime is good by itself, but time gaps are really hit and miss to portray correctly if it occurs at unnatural segments.
>>
>>141804828
Oh is that show not good here? I thought it was pretty nice honestly, but I again I have no idea what's good in the genre. What is generally considered a good sol?
>>
>>141804904

oh no i like haruhi, i just wanted a thread to rage about toradora
>>
>>141804904
Nisekoi
>>
>>141805034
Thanks, will try that sometime

>>141804940
Well shit I don't know what to say, I just didn't like how the show was going so I dropped it.
>>
Every Bones original show ever.
>>
Light novel ending is definitely superior.
Why didn't they directly adapt it?
>>
File: minorin-2.jpg (41KB, 848x480px) Image search: [Google]
minorin-2.jpg
41KB, 848x480px
She was a good girl that didn't do nothing wrong. Why did life shit on her?
>>
>>141803923
Toradora is shit from the beginning.
>>
>>141805754
Why?
>>
>>141805845
Because you could tell from the setup how every single piece of contrived development and convenient twist would play out.
>>
File: 1457775007461.jpg (26KB, 318x318px) Image search: [Google]
1457775007461.jpg
26KB, 318x318px
I'm just now realizing Ami never was meddling or trying to steal Ryuji. She was trying to help him get with Minori the whole time. She was giving him hints that he needed to back off Taiga before Minori got the wrong idea since she was introduced. She even suggests that Ryuji cook spicy food instead of sweet for Taiga because she knows Minori prefers spicy.
Holy shit. Now I finally get why all you fags say Ami is a bro all the time.
She was the true wingman and Taiga was trying to keep Ryuji on a leash the whole time.
>>
>>141804904
Haruhi is 4/10 series, 8/10 movie.

Everyone knows that by now.
>>
>>141806276
Taiga a selfish fuck. Can't even go through with the damn plan properly.
>>
None of the girls in the show deserved Ryuji. We had an idiot, a bitch, and an idiot bitch.
>>
>>141803923
>Patch things up
Of all melodramatic, high school romance shit Toradora easily has one of the strongest final acts. If anything the melodrama simmers down as the series progresses.
>>
>>141805739
Because genkis are shit and annoying.
>>
>>141806665
That's not very nice, anon. Minori tries her best.
>>
>>141803923
SAO but replace last third to not even half way.
>>
>>141805739
Too good for a fag who likes tsunderes
>>
>>141805739
Because, despite being a good girl, she have the bad habbit of sabbotagging herself for the sake pf others. Did it for her little brother and did it again for Taiga.
>>
>>141806379
Are you retarded? Taiga successfully managed to put things on a silver olate for Ryuuji. Then Minorin had cold feet at the last second. And even THEN Taiga was neglecting her own.feelings so Ryuuji can be happy with Minorin. Taiga a qt.
>>
>>141805739
She shit on herself. She could've had everything she wanted but chose to let it go. Everything she got is entirely her own fault.
>>
>>141807105
She already got the guy on a leash by that point.
>>
>>141807269
Not her fault.
It was another case of Main Heroine Privileges which automatically makes any other girl give up on the guy.
>>
>>141807290
Not her fault she's so adorable and honest Ryuuji hopelessly fell for her withiut noticing. Taiga was actively trying to give him his ideal happy ending the whole time.
>>
>>141807361
ryuji only wanted her money,to be honest
>>
>>141807105
You misread the show then. Taiga was for sure in love with Ryuji by the drowning scene. The only thing she was unsure of was whether she still wanted Kitamaru. She was absolutely half assing her efforts to help Ryuji with Minori in the second half of the series. Ami was working harder to get Minori and Ryuji together than Taiga.
>>
>>141807327
That's a shitty response and you know it.
>>
>>141807406
Half assing? By the last episodes Taiga was bassically begging Minorin to take Ryuuji in all but name. She made a confession opportunuty possible and always considered giving Minorin a positive image of him.

Sure Ami did her part trying to motivate Minorin but Taiga rately wavered in her efforts and the only time she did she asked the gods for resolve and pushed forward. Also Ami isn't completely innocent either, what's with the whole "she's like the sun" chat, uh?
>>
>>141807616
>implying Ami isn't innocent
The sun thing was meaningless. Ami never made a direct move on Ryuji in the entire series.
>>
>>141807495
Taiga winning over Minori is definitely main heroine syndrome. It's like deus ex machina.
>>
>>141807695
The sun chat was a direct move. She was telling him Minorin wasn't for him and Taiga was like a child. That she's the best option because she won't patronize him and he can look her at eye level. And that't not counting the itger times at the cave. Ami is a bro and wanted to help Ryuuji but also made her own attempts at getting him. Don't delude yourself.
>>
>>141807495
>what is Golden Time
Tada Banri didn't deserve that.
>>
>>141807715
Yeah but you may as well lump all the blame onto the author at that point. It's a cop out response and you know it.
>>
File: 1428377297227.gif (2MB, 400x286px) Image search: [Google]
1428377297227.gif
2MB, 400x286px
>No epilogue where we see Ryuji and Taiga on their wedding day and raising a family
>>
>>141803923
SAO. I mean holy shit that was disappointing.
>>
>>141807784
Definitely not. She said he'd be equal with "someone like me". She questioned his admiration of Minori but never stopped helping him in his pursuit.
>>
>>141807327
>>141807715

I don't agree with this. I felt that up until the cultural festival she could have had a chance. She just decided she didn't want to intrude despite the fact that Ryuji would have been all over her in an instant at that point. Then winter comes and absolutely destroys any chance she could have ever had at being happy with him. Taiga and Ryuji get too close and then that's the end of any ship that isn't them together.
>>
>oreimo gets a sequel
>this doesnt
>>
Toradora really shit the bed in the second half. As for wasted potential? Pretty much any anime adaptation/original anime is garbage these days. A cool concept that just putters out near the end.
>>
>>141803923
>ITT: series that started out with heavy potential, built up interesting characters and relationships, only to completely shit the bed and collapse into melodrama in the last third or so

Literally every anime/manga/light novel ever because Nipponese individuals working in Otaku media sucks at writing human relationships without resorting to archetypes and melodramatic story-lines
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.