[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | | Home]

Do you think SAO gets more hate than it deserves, /a/? I mean,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 384
Thread images: 66

File: 1455872083666.jpg (547KB, 1280x1598px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1455872083666.jpg
547KB, 1280x1598px
Do you think SAO gets more hate than it deserves, /a/?

I mean, it's honestly not really any different from Re:Zero, Konosuba, Overlord, No Game No Life, Mondaiji-tachi, Log Horizon, Ixion Saga DT, and many other similar anime that we love. So why do we hate it?
>>
>>141104213
Because it's literally autistic.
>>
It's popular. No seriously, SAO ranges from average to a bit below average, the only reason it gets so much hate is because people like it.
>>
First season SAO is fine, on par with AoT and KLK on terms of visual appeal, so great gateway anime. Problem is the whole rapey NTR thing going on from 2nd season.
>>
I'm positive you haven't seen/read any of those shows/novels you listed, because if you actually did, then you wouldn't be comparing them to a sub par cash cow like sao.
>>
It gets more hate than it deserves because it gets more praise than it deserves.

Seconding >>141104376
Just because something has a similar theme doesn't mean it is as badly written.
>>
In my opinion, most people hate on SAO to fit in. However, I think that 99% of them can agree that it's not a GOD AWFUL series and does have some merit to it.
>>
>>141104213
>Do you think SAO gets more hate than it deserves, /a/?
No.
>>
>>141104213
We? Sorry, I think those trapped in a game series are all pretty creatively bereft in many ways.
>>
the second they reached that elf arc it turned to utter shit
>>
>>141104213
>it's honestly not really any different from many other similar anime that we love
>a show can only be judged by its setting
>>
>>141104213
Yes it's utter shit. Most titles you've listed are actually less shit. Watch more anime
>>
Having only watched the first 15 episodes of SAO, I think it ranges incredibly mediocre to increibly bad.
The only characters I liked were Klein and the black guy who's name I can't actually remember.
>>
>>141104213
Because it has extremely shitty writing and way too many people over hyped that garbage. >>141104376
This. Out of what I've seen from those Konosuba and Log Horizon were actualy good, NGNL was at least decent, and Mondaiji was pure hot rotten garbage. So either you're an idiot with no analytical skills, or you've never actually seen any of them and you just assume any anime with a video game-like fantasy premise is the exact fucking same.
>>
>>141104213
>Do you think SAO gets more hate than it deserves, /a/?
>I mean, it's honestly not really any different from Re:Zer
Quality bait, anon.
>>
>>141104213
No I don't
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dxbWP1DBXo
>>
File: DONT DO IT DEMO.gif (621KB, 480x270px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
DONT DO IT DEMO.gif
621KB, 480x270px
>>141106274
>>
>>141106394
I miss his videos.
>>
>>141104213
>Do you think SAO gets more hate than it deserves, /a/?
no because its a god tier premise and first episode, and then turns into absolute self-insert fantasy life garbage

fucking waste
>>
>>141104322
>cours are seasons.

Anyways, it was an alright anime, that happened to get popular outside of /a/ and with normies especially, so of course /a/ hates it.
I mean, it's not some glorious masterpiece, and has as many flaws as any other popular anime, but it was fun and entertaining.
>>
>>141104322
Nah, that's also the first season. The second season is GGO. Still, it would be nice if we could just forget about that Alfheim arc like it never happened.
>>
>>141106660
>its a god tier premise and first episode, and then turns into absolute self-insert fantasy life garbage
Exactly this.
>>
>>141106727
>>141106678

>cours

I really wish the world had already ended before this stupid word gained traction.
>>
>>141106791
>muh find a perfect qt girl and then retire with her to the woods and adopt a (computer code) child when you're like 14
>then go off and solo all the hardest bosses in the game with no help
>instead of murdering monsters and befriending other players with cool and creative abilities and working together to complete challenging raids that take team work as much as skill

fuck SAO, that first episode was amazing and it was all a fucking lie

retiring to the woods and adopting that little girl honestly sounds like a roleplaying story written by a 13 year old
>>
>>141106660
>and first episode

It was fucking retarded out of the gate.

This premise does not work because this game machine would not in any modern society be allowed to exist. They would have been off with NO explanation than this asinine microwave bullshit
>>
File: 1461477200668.jpg (55KB, 599x449px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1461477200668.jpg
55KB, 599x449px
SAO a shit
>>
>>141107047
>autism
I agree. Any anime with any sort of special powers that don't exist in the real world is retarded. Like honestly you make up physics and pretend they work in this fictional world? WTF?
>>
File: 1443987748307.jpg (112KB, 743x625px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1443987748307.jpg
112KB, 743x625px
>>141104213
It's just shit. Pure and simple.

Ass hijack
>>
>>141107118
>I can't defend it so Ill call it autism

Microwaves are a real world thing you retard. If you try to explain away illogical fantasy with bullshit it stands out all the more so if you get real world physics flat out wrong.

I can accept fantasy and magic and all that other crazy anime shit fine but don't tell me it works via something that obviously doesn't.
>>
It had wasted potential
>>
SAO isn't a bad story because Kirito is overpowered and has a doormat girlfriend, it's a bad story because the entire universe bends itself to his will.

Trapped in a video game world? That's okay, he's already max level with a super secret skill no one else can use. No one wants to party with him? That's okay, he can solo every dungeon. Can't beat the final boss? That's okay, the last game's final boss is actually a ghost that can hack into the current game just for him.

Can you imagine what the ALO story would be like if Kirito, having autistically chosen the only race in the game that wears black, actually has to deal with the fact that he has a shitty debuffing build instead of having his OP stats carry over? Can you imagine what the arc would have been like if he actually had to rely on his sister to teach him or protect him instead of breaking the game?

And then the same shit happens in GGO, but even worse because he's not even supposed to be using a damn sword there. It's like if you took any normal battle manga, like Bleach or One Piece, and had Luffy/Ichigo pop in out of nowhere to win the fight for Chad/Zoro/Ishida.

Lots of characters are self inserts, but Kirito is CWC-tier. It's not just that no one in his universe is a threat to him, it's that he himself doesn't recognize anything as a threat.
>>
>>141107217
What's the issue?
>>
File: carlos.png (138KB, 350x350px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
carlos.png
138KB, 350x350px
>>141107194
>Ass hijack
Now there something I can get behind.
>>
>>141104213
Some of those have pretty much nothing in common besides an isekai theme.

This is getting worse than the shitposting from harem-haters.
>>
>>141107217
>Wanting me to defend the physics of a fictional world
yeah, like I said, autism
>>
>>141107361
Go fucking die
>>
>>141107397
He's just mad they didn't say radio.
>>
>>141107353

The issue is the explanation they gave only makes it more unrealistic than actually explaining things.

They lazily used technobable instead of trying to create a clever explanation.

>>141107397
>Just turn your brain off, man
>>
File: blackpantsuaqua.png (887KB, 875x1250px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
blackpantsuaqua.png
887KB, 875x1250px
>>141107194
>>
I thought SAO was shit before it was cool, I just could articulate well and didn't feel like going against the tide of SAO fans, so I forced myself to like it.
>>
File: s4y5s.jpg (98KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
s4y5s.jpg
98KB, 1280x720px
>>
>>141107735
>The issue is the explanation they gave only makes it more unrealistic than actually explaining things.
>They lazily used technobable instead of trying to create a clever explanation.
Jokes aside, that is the most autistic reason to hate a series I've ever seen, especially when it's a series that gives you so many more sane reasons to hate it.

There's VR technology that someone rigged to kill the people wearing it under certain circumstances. If you're already assuming VR tech that's capable of interrupting someone's conscious experience, then that should be easy to accept.
>>
File: 1408391310960.jpg (25KB, 569x428px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1408391310960.jpg
25KB, 569x428px
>>141107344
>That's okay, he's already max level with a super secret skill no one else can use.
Uhh...no? He worked hard and leveled up like any other player, only he did it solo which forced his body to adapt to the game world more closely. The additional reaction time he acquired is what enabled him to get the Dual Wield skill. There are actually several unique skills in the game belonging to only a single person, it's just that Kirito's and Heathcliff's are the only ones that are directly shown in the anime adaptation.
>No one wants to party with him?
HE didn't want to party with THEM.
>the last game's final boss is actually a ghost that can hack into the current game just for him.
What the actual fuck are you talking about?

>shitty debuffing build
Spriggan magic specializes in illusion, not debuffs.

>not even supposed to be using a damn sword there
It's in the game, it's what he's comfortable with using, why the fuck would he not use it?
>>
File: 3jjQqqb.png (651KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
3jjQqqb.png
651KB, 1366x768px
>>141107194
Obligatory
>>
SAO was written as something to fap to. The author never cared about plausible plots, character developments, world building ...etc. It's all about wish fulfillment and girls to fap to. To say it is otherwise, or to expect it to be otherwise, is idiotic.
So did it get more hate than it deserves? Yes it did. But it also got more love than it ever deserves.
>>
>>141107949
>He worked hard and leveled up like any other player
Shame we never even see so much as a 30 second montage of him powerlevelling, so that's all just your interpretation and not actually part of the canonic story of the anime.
>>
>>141107949
We never see Kirito earn anything.
He's just given it between timeskips and it's told how he got them, or he's just suddenly the best. You never really see Kirito struggle at anything or challenged by anything, and even when he is, it's solved so quickly.
>>
File: VyVGmGR.jpg (212KB, 2000x1417px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
VyVGmGR.jpg
212KB, 2000x1417px
>>141108002
>>
>>141108003
There was only one scene that was remotely fap-worthy in the first two arcs, and that was when they literally had sex. But that was excluded in the anime, so meh.
Liz is ugly, Silica's a dumb child, Sachi was a doormat that got dead as a doornail...no, I think it was far more about the MMO environment than the girls. The world is actually cool to think about and well-defined. Hell, dare I say so I think the games that have come out based on SAO actually look pretty fun.
>>
>>141104213
hello derp_commander
>>
JUST WAIT ALICIZATION MY BROS
>>
>>141108096
>>141108002
Superior butt
>>
>>141108011
>>141108080
Hence SAO Progressive. The author knows this and is detailing every single floor of the characters' progression through Aincrad.

To be fair to you though, yes, the anime did gloss over everything. The LN did a better job explaining shit, but those timeskips were still there. He's fixing things up after this has already been aired, and it really does make everything feel a lot better. I mean, holy shit - Asuna actually has a character now.
>>
The only semi decent character in this show was the gun girl because she's literally the only one who doesn't ride Kirito's dick mega hard and she has somewhat of a character, even all of the male characters and villains are obsessed with him
>>
SAO is the worst because it actually has an interesting premise but completely shits the bed on delivering it. It rushes through the first arc, then jumps ship completely halfway through the first season and gives you retarded elf bullshit and literal AIDS.
>>
>>141108103
>it was far more about the MMO environment than the girls
>The world is actually cool to think about and well-defined
Idiot detected.
>>
File: 1388491954945.jpg (140KB, 600x1350px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1388491954945.jpg
140KB, 600x1350px
>>141108182
>Sinon best girl
Yes.
>>
SAO doesn't get nearly enough hate. The retards that defend it need to get their fingers chopped off or something.
>>
>>141108221
Sinon would've been interesting if she was the MC and wasn't just another harem member.
>>
File: 1365991070501.jpg (58KB, 386x359px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1365991070501.jpg
58KB, 386x359px
>>141108220
>implying .hack explained how the game worked in any of the animes
>>
>>141108221
>spinoff of the game she plays
>she isn't even in the spinoff

Why.
>>
File: 1461037992441.jpg (45KB, 512x512px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1461037992441.jpg
45KB, 512x512px
>>141104213
This is a disguised thread only to imply that Re:zero is as shit as SAO
>>
>>141108267
She was the only one not in
>>
>>141104213
Popular and successful unlike those cheap knock offs

>overshit
>konoshitba
>logsht hurrizon
ay
>>
File: 1399358143650.png (63KB, 578x547px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1399358143650.png
63KB, 578x547px
>>141108267
>a character's status determines whether or not they're interesting
Is...that what you really think?
>>
>>141108307
Except I didn't mention anything remotely related to .hack.
>>
>>141108367
She would be more interesting if she was the MC, because then the story wouldn't have to do a sudden 180 and turn her into yet another brainless girl going after Kirito's dick.
>>
>>141108375
Reading up the comment chain, you implied that the game environment was a lesser quality in the series, which in turn implies that there are other shows that have better-defined game environments.

Implying implications is a good way for you to get shitposted, my friend.
>>
File: image.jpg (52KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
52KB, 1200x675px
>>141108142
I was waiting for someone to mention me. You rang?

>>141108343
Hey, Konosuba is a blast! SAO is drama, but KSub is comedy. Perfect pairing.
>>
>>141108455
>SAO and .hack are the only anime that used MMO settings!
I got no words for you. Your fanboism is too strong for me.
>>
>>141108177

>The author knows this and is detailing every single floor of the characters' progression through Aincrad.

Wait, seriously? The ridiculous timeskips and glossing over pretty much everything, with the characters just getting things without showing them be earned, was my biggest issue with SAO.

How far along is Progressive? Sounds like it might actually be worth a read.
>>
File: SinonHatesKirito.png (253KB, 481x441px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
SinonHatesKirito.png
253KB, 481x441px
>>141108436
She didn't, though. Their relationship is one of banter and respect, not lust.
Plus the trolling is fun.
>>
>>141104213
because Klein was a 100x better character and he got shafted the whole time
>>
>>141104213
We don't think SAO is bad because its popular, we think its popular because its bad. Because it appeals to the lowest common denominator that eats that shit right up.
>>
>>141108504
>How far along is Progressive? Sounds like it might actually be worth a read.

Four volumes, and they've cleared four floors, I think. It's worth noting while the manga technically covers the same events, it's quite different compared to the novels.
>>
>>141108602
I think the manga is from Asuna's POV.
>>
>>141108602
>4 volumes 4 floors

I should mention, that's for the LN version. Manga's fourth volume only finishes up the second floor.
>>
>>141108504
English releases of the manga are up to volume 4, the end of which has them finishing the second floor boss and climbing to the third floor. So that's actually a lot of content. It really fleshes out Asuna and Argo in particular, and also does a pretty good job showing how much people distrust/respect Kirito after that whole Beater thing. Plus the art's great.

Don't know where the LN is at the moment, I haven't started reading it. I'm not sure that it's being translated online, but it might be. The manga scanlations are behind the physical English releases, though.
>>
>>141108142
>implying he would know what Ixion Saga DT is
>>
>>141104213
Not really. It gets ripped apart as much as it does because it has a hell of a lot of obvious flaws. I still liked it though.
>>
File: BeforeAndAfter.gif (413KB, 780x359px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
BeforeAndAfter.gif
413KB, 780x359px
I don't get it. The novel specifically mentioned that men cannot play female characters because the lack of male genitalia modeled on their characters in a VR environment makes men unconsciously anxious after an hour of play, which is the only reason they bothered to model genitals in the first place.

And yet this scene exists in the anime. Hell, I think the novel even mentions in one line that Kirito notes that the gender ratio varied quite a bit after the mirrors' effects took place, but I could be remembering wrong.

So...is this scene just for the lulz when it should never have been possible in the first place?
>>
>>141108865
Maybe everyone modelled their characters as traps, just like in the case of GGO kirito
>>
It drops everything that made it popular to become a battle harem. Nothing wrong with battle harems that are actually interesting but this one wasn't. It had no business being a battle harem when the cast should be more worried about surviving.
>>
>>141108647
Assuming the official releases are properly translated, the scanlations for Progressive are atrocious.
>>
>>141108905
There are clearly breasts before the transformation, though.
>>
>>141108865
That doesn't mean you can't play as the opposite gender, it just means you shouldn't.
>>
>>141108865
>that one girl shocked to see her friend is a guy
>>
>>141108920
The official releases are indeed far above the scanlations. I wouldn't bother reading online unless you're already into SAO and are keen on learning about these events.
The scanlations aren't likely to get new fans.
>>
I dunno. There aren't a lot of anime that have made me cringe as much as SAO did.

>inb4 watch more anime
>>
>>141108958
True enough. Extended periods of play were said to be impossible, though. You just gotta have your junk or it don't feel right.

I imagine eunuchs would have few problems, though.
>>
File: image.jpg (189KB, 861x704px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
189KB, 861x704px
>>141108920
Those aren't the official releases. In fact, the official releases were supposed to be released last month, if my memory serves.
>>
It does get much hate because it's popular.

I avoided watching it for a while because people kept saying it's harem-like and I usually don't enjoy these type of shows. Finally decided to give it a go and form my own opinion of it last year, the first episode was alright, but everything afterwards was so boring. I just didn't give a fuck about anything and any character, it was a mess, and I dropped it halfway. It's not as bad as haters make it out to be, it's simply dull and not worth the time for anyone that watched anime for a longer period of time. Simply put, it's entry-level shit.
>>
>>141104213
honestly it's just average, but I was turned off completely when there was that whole thing with the LI being raped or whatever the fuck after the first arc
>>
Since Progressive has 4 volumes and Alicization still isn't finished, think A-1 will adapt it after the movie?
>>
>>141104213
No.
>>
>>141109109
Alicization should end in Volume 18, which comes out in August.
We're getting S3 before we're getting Progressive animated.
>>
>>141109076
Reading these sorts of things always dishearten me, because ALO was a lot of fun to read in the LN. The anime skipped over a huge chunk of it, too, my rage the day I watched the episode where Tonkii should have been was enormous.
>>
File: 455454454545.png (248KB, 409x949px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
455454454545.png
248KB, 409x949px
It's almost time.
>>
>>
>>141109195
>>
>>141108865
SAO let you pick whatever gender you wanted, only because they would swap you back to your original gender anyways. GGO (and probably ALO too) is canonically gender-locked though.

>>141109178
Movie in 2017. They said they're not starting on S3 until they finish the movie, so I'm expecting S3 in 2018.
>>
I reeeeally want to get back to playing Hollow Fragment on my Vita, but the translation stopped me last time I tried. The gameplay seems really fun though, so I want to give it another shot.

How the fuck do I make heads or tails of what the girls are saying when trying to push them towards a certain combat affinity?
>>
>>141104267
I pretty much agree with this. It gets a lot of unwanted unneeded hate. I think the show is below average when it comes to character design the progression, and the whole plot. The writing as a whole is poor. The animation is pretty good. The fights are fun to watch. Though none of the characters are likable and I really hated the whole cast except for the side character friend guy. Who wasn't ever a big role.

There is no reason this anime should have as much fans and hype as it does when compared to Log Horizon. Or any anime for that reason. It is just annoying when an anime with good writing and great characters goes under the radar and isn't heard of. But everyone knows "Sword Art Online".

Overall I give the SAO a 5.5/10. It isn't trash, but it isn't good either.
>>
According to Kono Raito Noberu ga Sugoi, best LN series of the year as voted on by fans:
>2005 Haruhi
>2006 Zaregoto
>2007 Spice and Wolf
>2008 FMP!
>2009 Book Girl
>2010 Baka to Test
>2011 Index
>2012 SAO
>2013 SAO
>2014 Oregairu
>2015 Oregairu
>>
>>141104213
/a/ doesnt like anime.
>>
>>141109332
What a stupid fucking comment. Because someone finds fault in SAO you think they don't like anime?
>>
>Full-body VR tech is currently in development RIGHT NOW thanks to SAO's popularity
>tech demo looks choppy, but far better than I expected
>several more years of development planned before release; they're not rushing it
I'm happy SAO exists. I might get to experience virtual reality in my lifetime, something I never thought I'd see when I was growing up.
It's like Start Trek.
>>
>>141109367
>he likes anime
What a baka. lolz
>>
File: jinrui.png (431KB, 387x717px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
jinrui.png
431KB, 387x717px
>>141109408
>lolz
>>
>>141109310
>compared to Log Horizon
What is the appeal of Log Horizon, as one who hasn't looked into it? I liked SAO but I hated .hack//SIGN because it was nothing but fucking standing around and talking. I've heard that LH is all about politics, which makes it sound like SIGN to me, hence why I've avoided it.

So what is the truthful appeal? Do the characters actually play the game and DO stuff?
>>
>>141109310
>rating in decimals

Just stop.
>>
>>141107735
>They lazily used technobable instead of trying to create a clever explanation.

So the funny thing here is microwaves could theoretically be used in this manner. You just assume you understand everything and something that just doesn't sound right is inherently wrong.

Note: brain waves are microwaves.
>>
>>141109433
LH cares more about the fact that the setting is an mmo. It has it's own problems, but for an mmo fan it's better than SAO.
>>
>>141109433
There's a lot of talking in Log Horizon, but it's not as slow as SIGN. There's more humor and a better tone to the story, with actual fights going on.

But yes, there's Guild politics and a lot of talking. People mostly praise it for being close to how MMOs are really played (supposedly).
>>
>>141108011
>Shame we never even see so much as a 30 second montage of him powerlevelling, so that's all just your interpretation and not actually part of the canonic story of the anime.
In Red Nosed Reindeer you're fucking told he sneaks out to powerlevel. You are given roughly 30 seconds of show of this. What you said was 100% wrong.
>>
>>141109469
This is very common. You think something doesn't sound right so you throw it around with confidence, then when someone comes up with the evidence you look like a fucking moron. It's comedy gold, actually.
Like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JehXwqCInlA
>>
>>141104213
>it's honestly not really any different from Re:Zero, Konosuba, Overlord, No Game No Life, Mondaiji-tachi, Log Horizon, Ixion Saga DT
You're a clinical retard. Do you actually watch anime or do you just read the first sentence of each airing anime's plot summary and compare them via that metric?
>>
>>141109608
>>141109626
That...still sounds kind of dull. I read the first chapter or two of the manga iirc, but it didn't grab me. And this isn't helping.
>>
If you have ever watched or even considered watching it leave this board.
>>
File: 1421468613954.jpg (112KB, 554x439px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1421468613954.jpg
112KB, 554x439px
>>141109714
You may not like it then anon. It's okay to not like things. Give it the three episode treatment and drop it if it's not for you. Simple as that.
>>
>>141109734
How about you swan dive into a wood chipper anon.
>>
Why is there so much hate for Kirito? He's not a whiny beta like Shinji or Madoka, he only cries at genuinely upsetting, distressing moments, and he stays true to his waifu despite all the thirsty women throwing themselves at him.

He and Aldnoah Zero's Inaho are literally the MC's /a/ has been asking for for years.
>>
>>141109776
Yeah, but then I'd be like all those people that dropped off of SAO. And that's made worse by the fact that SAO got better as time went on (GGO being my favourite arc).
>It's okay to not like things
This thread and every other thread suggest that both liking and not liking something are not okay. I like to form my own opinions about stuff, but god damn SAO threads bring out the worst people on both sides.
>>
>>141109658
Ryan the no one on /a/ will get this guy
>>
>>141109803
You first. Hate to break it to you, but on this board SAO-haters probably outnumber fans by about 8 to 10.
>>
File: BetaAsFuck.jpg (30KB, 327x313px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
BetaAsFuck.jpg
30KB, 327x313px
>>141109854
/a/ is unpleasable. Everyone is either a beta or an alpha - betas are hated for being losers, and alphas are hated for being OP.

There is no winning, ever.
>>
>>141109803
Kill yourself.
>>
>>141104213
>Konosuba
Agreed.
>Re:Zero
Except Re:Zero has developed characters and a hook that's interesting past halfway through S1.
>Overlord
Except Overlord has a plot and actual characters.
>Log Horizon
Nigga you what.

Can't speak for the others, haven't watched.

The real reason it's hated on, though, is because it's gateway anime of the worst cailber.
>>
>>141109912
>SAO
>meme text image from google

every time. lurk for 2 years before posting
>>
File: Wonderful Ryan.gif (958KB, 450x253px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Wonderful Ryan.gif
958KB, 450x253px
>>141109874
Hey man, I got you.
>>
>>141109887
>this board SAO-haters probably outnumber fans by about 8 to 10.
>8 to 10
Wait what?
>>
>>141109968
Apparently its pretty close yo 50/50.
>>
>>141109964
>HURR
>Ad hominems
>DURR
Debates on 4chan are riveting.
>>
>>141104213
The numerous timeskips resulted in a very stilted story with under-developed character development. They could have done more to flesh out the world rather then rushing through the first arc.
Despite a promising start, the series is no longer about 'what happens when gamers are trapped in an MMO' but 'how many different MMO genres can we fit into this series?'
The MC doesn't do the series much favors either since he has already beta'd the game once and is good at it. If you like MMOs, you'll probably like him as you've had the shared experience of grinding extremely fast. If you don't play MMOs, the fights will bore you because he's already numerous levels ahead of the competition. Knowing he'll almost always win results in a very unexciting series.

The fight scenes aren't very imaginative either. They seem to consist of glow swordstick, slash, dash back and repeat.
>>
>>141109887
I don't like SAO anon, but I don't hate people who do. That's just silly.
>>
Behead those who speak ill of Konosuba.
>>
>>141109995
I dunno; the fans tend to ripped to shreds around here pretty quickly, unless they really are a silent majority as they claim.
>>
>>141110000
>>141109995
lurk for 2 years before posting
>>
>Ixion Saga
Remember that time SAO had the tone of a comedy?

Me neither.
>>
>>141110053
Have you tried to start a discussion about SAO that isn't inflammatory as fuck such as the OP of this thread? You'd probably be surprised at how well that'd turn out. The problem lies in people that are asking for people to shit on it with stuff like "Why doesn't /a/ like this" etc.
>>
>>141110092
>>141110053
It was pointing out the mistake of the previous parent. Next time I'll use /sarcasm for you so the autists can understand.
>>
>>141110001
>the series is no longer about 'what happens when gamers are trapped in an MMO'
But the series was always about "what's the difference between virtual and real?"
It's pretty in your face about that too.
Using different MMO genres (or virtual worlds) just paints a bigger picture.
>>
>>141110092
>parroting oneself
I rest my case.
>>
>>141110145
Unfortunately for the fans, most SAO threads start off that way.
>>
>>141110274
See that's the problem. Don't start the thread asking for it to be shit on from the very beginning.
>>
>>141104213
Because it has shit writing, to make it worse the fanbase doesn't help either.
>>
File: 1421472814958.png (300KB, 531x767px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1421472814958.png
300KB, 531x767px
>>141110376
>I judge media based on their fanbase

I don't like SAO by the way.
>>
>>141110416
I'm not that guy but I can see where hes coming from. A series having a following of mostly unfavourables typically would drive you away from them based on that alone. Most commonly this is seen around SAO, Naruto and games like CoD.
>>
>>141110466
It's still very possible to like something with a horrible fanbase. Madoka is still one of my favorite anime. You ever check out those threads?
>>
>>141110579
Madoka is also good, though. A series that is subpar or average and has a shit fanbase will most likely be avoided.
>>
>>141104213
>Do you think SAO gets more hate than it deserves, /a/?

SAO true issue is that it takes itself seriously, has it been more parody like in tone, it would get nowhere this justified amount of crap.
>>
>>141104322
>SAO
>on par with KLK and AoT in terms of visual appeal
Opinion discarded.
>>
>>141110610
Enjoyment of something is subjective. I'm sure there are people that enjoy SAO much more than they would Madoka, and no matter how shit me or you think it is, it's their opinion and their entertainment, not ours.
>>
>>141110180
I'd much rather they focus on the first arc surviving a MMO and trying to get out of it. There's enough potential in it to cover 10 years.
>>
>>141110646
I can agree with that. SAO is bland as fuck.
>>
>>141109714

Log Horizon has a LOT of issues (lack of budget and QUALITY), but it nails most of the MMO experience right, like the roles of each class in a party, and how it's different from the role of a class in a Raid, etc. It really stresses the group dynamic in an MMO, something SAO doesn't really reflect much due to Kirito being set up as this mighty lone wolf.

Mind, this is because it's drawn from Mamare's own experience playing Everquest, which was notoriously newbie AND solo unfriendly, particularly in its early days.
>>
>>141110690
>There's enough potential in it to cover 10 years.
Author claims he'll be writing that for 30 years, apparently.
>>
It's cus he didn't fuck his sister
>>
>>141110783
At the rate Progressive is going, this wouldn't surprise me.
At least his writing is better now that he has some experience and feedback, though.
>>
>>141109433
It has excellent MMO mechanics in anime form.
The author of LH is a hardcore gamer himself as evidenced in his surprise visit here, and we can actually see his love for MMO mechanics reflected in his works.

SAO's author on the other hand, once complained to his editor about how MMO is not his thing.
>>
>>141109854
>He and Aldnoah Zero's Inaho are literally the MC's /a/ has been asking for for years
>Inaho

You're one of those Inaho dindu memespouter from 3 years ago, opinion discarded
>>
File: L8nnG_bl.jpg (32KB, 400x400px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
L8nnG_bl.jpg
32KB, 400x400px
>>141110979
>once complained to his editor about how MMO is not his thing
Source? I've seen the opposite, where he says he usually plays western MMOs. Though, he admits he's not very good, and doesn't have as much time to play lately.

He seemed to like Fallout enough to make a Vault Boy-styled twitter icon for himself.
>>
>>141110783

>SAO for 30 years

Considering the pace of Progressive, with 1 volume per floor, that could actually happen.

If he does more stuff that goes past Alicization in the timeline, I've no fucking clue what he'll do. Granted, the author has shown he's not afraid to divorce the series from its roots, so who knows.
>>
>>141110979

>The author of LH is a hardcore gamer himself as evidenced in his surprise visit here

LH author visited 4chan once? When?
>>
Wasn't Reki a character in .hack//Legend of the Twilight?
So now he writes about MMOs...cool beans.
>>
>>141111075
>once
Like, three times, while the anime was airing.
>>
Yep, Mamare visited at least 3 times, all of which prompted FAQs about the books and whatnot. Mods really had to come out and keep the thread from being overwhelmed by trolls too, as I recall.
>>
>>141110376
I hope that's a girl dressed as Naruto or else I'm gay
>>
First half of first season is good. Premise was interesting.

Everything else after that is trash
>>
File: 1447585928416.jpg (1MB, 2084x2340px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1447585928416.jpg
1MB, 2084x2340px
>>141111075
>>
>>141104213

I think it simply gets more attention than it deserves period
>>
idk why but kirito whole design piss me off
>>
>>141111271
>muh mamare
Tax evader faggot, im glad that hack got banished.
>>
>>141107194

And suddenly Gundam
>>
There are people paid to make posters fight with each others, it keeps the site alive. This was obviously an inside job.
>>
>>141107344

In general this is why light novels and a lot of anime particularly by A-1 and friends are shitty now. They really love their MC that has just an absolute cakewalk from start to finish with the only obstacles being ones he creates for himself by doing things such as not acting and just whining or angsting instead. In the long run I also blame characters like Seed Destiny era Kira Yamato getting popular. Same damn thing. Gotta say I never thought that sort of bland as all fuck MC would catch on as much as it did but for whatever reason Japs love Kira types
>>
>>141111427
Bait threads can't melt steel memes
>>
>>141108003

So basically it's exactly like most popular anime now.
>>
>>141111383

Technically 10 months in jail, or up to 3 years probation. ;)

Regardless of what they guy did, he did capture the MMO feel and mechanics much better... Or rather, the MMO style he chose was of the older "Group or DIE!" style than the solo-friendly stuff you'd see these days.
>>
>>141111395
HITORI JA NAI
>>
>>141111111
>>
>>141111427
4chan is a tremendous botnet breeding ground

Also, replies to bots get padded out through phantom websites that someone probably just makes for ad revenue

/a/ isn't exactly the most lucrative board for shilling though, beyond hyping up aniplex shit
>>
>>141111472

The not so hidden secret of light novels is that the artist that draws the 10 or so pictures per volume is actually far more important than the writer. You might as well consider the writer secondary to the artist when it comes to the light novels who are there too crap out 200 or so pages of awful prose filler inbetween the pictures in order to maintain the pretense of it being an actual book with a storyline. Most light novels don't actually go anywhere or do any sort of significant world building beyond their first volume anyway so it only gets easier with time.
>>
>>141111427

I'm not sure if that's whats happening lately or people are just that fucking stupid and dedicated to shitposting these days. In any case /a/ is definitely low content as fuck if you strip away all the shitposting that makes up at least 75% of it.
>>
>>141111361
>Who is your Fire emblem Awakening waifu?
>I'm sorry for pirating your works and being a poorfag
I want to know what his responses to these are.
>>
>>141111526

Is that why anyone criticizes anything Aniplex does somebody immediately shows up to try to discredit them by implying they are Aniplex Guy that has a grudge against them and is just shitposting?
>>
>>141109912

Considering /a/ posters will just switch their position to being directly contrarian to whatever the most recent poster has said or done and likewise does so for anime just to be contrarian no there really isn't any "winning"
>>
>>141108177
If this is actually happening in SAO Progressive then I hope A-1 pulls a brotherhood and re-makes SAO with elements of Progressive thrown in.

That still doesn't change the fact that SAO the Anime suffered from poor power levelling and excessive timeskips.
>>
>people actuall think that LH is good
Reminder that the author write an LN about economics and yet gets arrested for tax evasion. Don't take his writing seriously. It's arguably worse than SAO in the economics department.
>>
>>141111427
Well it's true that kind of shitty attitude and drama about always the same things only happen here. When it's many times a day, you know what it means.
>>
>>141110783
If he really is writing for 30 years than he should have used more of that time to focus on the first arc.
>>
>>141111860
>I read escapist fantasy for the economics
Literally cannot tip any harder right now anon.
>>
>>141111427
>tips tinfoil
lmao
>>
File: fate-stay-night-21.jpg (2MB, 2000x1402px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
fate-stay-night-21.jpg
2MB, 2000x1402px
>>141104213
It's no better than pic related
>>
>>141111889
His writing about economics is worse than a grade schooler though. Unless that impresses you, go ahead.
>>
>>141111915
I legitimately don't care.
>>
>>141104456
>it's not a GOD AWFUL
If SAO isn't a godawful show then nothing is.
>>
>>141111736
Exactly.

Debates in the real world:
>1st party presents their case
>2nd party points out flaws in their case and why
>1st party counters those holes and strengthens their case
>2nd party points out more flaws
>this continues back and forth until one side runs out of ammo; winner is the one who gets the last word of fact
>move on to next topic; rinse and repeat

Debates on the internet:
>1st party says something uninformed and/or aggressive to stir shit up
>2nd party points out the flaws in what they said
>1st party: Hahaha, no faggot, learn 2 read. Your opinion is shit, lurk moar, nigferniggerniggerniggerniggerniggernigger
>2nd party gives up trying to talk to a retard that won't listen

I love the internet. It's got some entertaining and educational shit. But the sheer quantity of stupid people is astounding and almost makes it not worthwhile.
>>
>>141111943
I hate SAO, but this is just not true on so many different levels. Watch more anime newfriend.
>>
>>141111941
The world does not revolve around you, anon. We're having a discussion about his poor writing in economics here. If you have nothing good to say don't say anything at all.
>>
>>141111984
>we
You mean you?
>>
>>141111966
I bet you like IS.
>>
>>141111859
I would LOVE a Progressive anime. About 3-5 years from now, when there's more content. Because this is going slooooow. That said, it's a good read. Much better than the first time around.

>>141111878
SAO was his first written work, iirc. Of course it's flawed. The fact that he's going back and re-writing it is actually a pretty sweet deal.
>>
>>141112013
No, I mean everyone in this thread that wishes to discuss of course.
>>
>>141104213
Every show you mentioned does what SAO attempted 1000X better. Every time SAO becomes mildly entertaining it fucks everything up in the second cour. AIDS chan arc was the dumbest thing I've seen in all of anime.
>>
>>141112047
No one else has responded to you except me anon.
>>
If you want economics, read Maoyuu Maou Yuusha and Spice and Wolf. They do it and are entertaining.

But I have no intention of watching people discussing economics when they're supposed to be playing a goddamn video game. Dungeoneering, raids, treasure hunting, events, secrets, battles...those are what I want in a show about a game.
>>
File: 1458011591653.jpg (470KB, 2560x1393px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1458011591653.jpg
470KB, 2560x1393px
I'd rather have an anime about hungry Joan of arc. Much better written than SAO. In fact, it is better written than a whole lot of LNs you discuss today.
>>
>>141112107
>economics
If you want economics read the newpapers.
>>
>>141111564
>The not so hidden secret of light novels is that the artist that draws the 10 or so pictures per volume is actually far more important than the writer
But SAO's artist is behind a pseudonym, and as a web novel SAO still garnered considerable popularity. Not as big as some other JP web novels today, but that's cause SAO was before WNs became a fad that can actually become a Light Novel and Anime
>>
>>141112107

Except Log Horizon does those -- the start of second season was devoted to Shiroe assembling a raid party to tackle a multi-level raid zone no one had ever attempted before.
>>
>>141104213
Anyone that's not childrens to teenagers like SAO is beyond me, they need to give me valid reason why they like it, it has high budget animation and music, the writing is bad, unless they like the mechanics of the game world I guess?
>>
this "Re:Zero is just a SAO clone" needs to fucking die
>>
>>141112107
Go play a game if you want to watch a game people play.
>>
I dropped SAO on the first episode of S2 after begrudgingly watching the second half of S1. I thought the first half was okay at best, but they dropped the ball hard as fuck.
>>
>>141109912
Kirito was always criticized by most of /a/ for being a poorly written character. You seem to be making it personal for some odd reason.
>>
It deserves more with what it did after season 2.
>>
>>141112183
>poorly written
People keep saying this, in every single thread.
Not a single soul ever elaborates.
>>
>>141112151
They truly and honestly don't owe you or anyone an explanation for why they like what they like.
>>
>>141112159
The people spouting that nonsense are the sort of idiots that can't find anime outside of netflix, then pretend they know fuck all about currently airing anime.
>>
>>141112218
*Cough* Digibro *Cough*
>>
>>141112208
What is there to elaborate? Kirito acts lonely and edgy then suddenly plays hero with zero explanation, motivation, or character development. He's magically an expert with anything he attempts with no training, talent, or reason. I hate buzzwords like "wish fulfillment", but that is really the proper phrase to describe Kirito as a character.
Even a low end seasonal battle harem can be bothered to give the MC some kind of background or special ability/power that justifies the strength of the character. Kirito is just amazing at everything for the fuck of it. That's piss poor writing.
>>
>>141112151
>mechanics of the game world
I would legit love to play a game like SAO.
I hear the Hollow series of games is pretty good.
>>
>>141109635
>In Red Nosed Reindeer you're fucking told he sneaks out to powerlevel.
>told
I don't give a flying shit about 'told'. If it's all just told then that's nothing more than a plot hole - the dude is spending all of his screen time specifically not powerlevelling.
>>
>>141112332
>no motivation
>special ability/power that justifies the strength of the character
That's explained, though. I think you have no idea what you're talking about and are literally doing what you claim to hate - spouting buzzwords.

>no character development
To draw a parallel here, Yuri Lowell being a complete character from the get-go is a big contributor to why people absolutely love Tales of Vesperia.
But regardless, Kirito does undergo a few changes in the story. Unfortunately timeskips are a thing, so you never actually see the process and instead typically just see him acting differently from one episode to the next while the story is in Aincrad. You see him doing things, then an event that helps define his character, then the next thing you know it's 30 floors later and he's already adjusted to that event.
>>
>>141112271

I get really salty about him and Mother's Basement getting popular

They spent a horrendous amount of time to speak out of their ass instead of making well structured videos and they're breaking 100k subs easily
The latter even made a video series about why asterisk war is shit, but it's about 60-70% as lengthy as the original show itself.
Why
>>
>>141104213
I've never watched it apart from a few clips, but hearing someone describe it is physically painful.
>>
>>141112406
>asks for 30 seconds of powerleveling
>literally shows him sneaking off at night to powerlevel
>literally makes it a point to show his level jumping every scene
>easily over 30 seconds

>wah, it's not good enough
>>
>>141112450
They know nothing. "Not Konosuba" ha! Re zero has more of an actual plot instead of Konosuba. Fucking idiots. And they say, "popular and hip is what is great!"
>>
File: asdlasld.png (164KB, 685x215px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
asdlasld.png
164KB, 685x215px
>>141112271

I skipped through their first impression video
>5 hours length
fuck that, also what they said about re:zero
>it's not a mystery because it isn't listed in the specified genre
>every episode so far had mystery as a major suspense device

FUCK
>>
>>141105594
I hope it's bait and no one actually believes this.
>>
>>141112446
>It's explained, but I don't have an example
>I'm right because people like this random video game

Wut
>>
Sao is better than log horizon
>>
File: img000020.png (621KB, 954x1400px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
img000020.png
621KB, 954x1400px
>>141112517
It is not suspense, it is slightly more psychological. Mystery is something not that hard to figure out if they keep focusing on how he keeps getting sick.
>>
>>141112485
>literally shows him sneaking off at night to powerlevel
and also shows him spending most of his day dicking around and chatting with people.
Speaking of 'sneaking off at night', do the characters need sleep or not? If Kirito is running on 0% sleep and he's fine, then why isn't everyone else up at night too? What's the point in sleeping at all? The more I look into that show the more plot holes I find - it's kinda depressing.
>>
>>141104213
Nahh. It bait n Switched like a girl from online dating having photos from 5 years ago when she was fit but now has put on 40kg and you have that awkward pissed moment when you meet her and she shatters everything you expected
>>
File: 1431914350788.jpg (54KB, 471x467px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1431914350788.jpg
54KB, 471x467px
>>141112446
>Kirito is well written because people like this character from a Tales of game
>>
>>141111947
I think you mean:
>Debates with intelligent people
>Debates with stupid people

Those "internet" type debates happen in the real world.
>>
>SAO apologists
>>
File: 1421470492502.jpg (39KB, 500x500px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1421470492502.jpg
39KB, 500x500px
>>141112793
>greentext response
>>
>>141104213
Re:Zero is better than it

Overlord is just as bad, Log Horizon slightly better, the rest I haven't seen because I've had enough of these LN adaptation shit anime
>>
>>141112584
>and also shows him spending most of his day dicking around and chatting with people.
>most of his day

But every episode in the first half of the season is either Kirito fighting a boss (Episode 2, 9, and 13/14)
has Kirito spending a lot of time grinding (Episode 1, 3, 8, 9 and 12 (albeit, leisurely))
or just taking a break from the constant floor clearing to do something else. (Episode 4 (taking on a job to stop some murderers), Episode 5 & 6 (being pulled into other people's buisness by the waifu), and Episode 7 (deciding to get a new weapon, and being roped into retrieving the raw materials himself))

>do the characters need sleep or not?
They do. Physical bodies aren't really in comas or anything; they're just paralyzed so they still need things like sleep to function.
Kirito just had a period in time (both when he was in the Black Cats, and after they died) where he basically started going with minimal sleep to keep up with the front-lines.
>>
>>141112564

The exploration of the world (which for him is shrouded in mystery at first) fits more into the adventure genre than anything else (which it has listed)
His Circumstances on the other hand (although only for the time being, maybe it's less elaborated later in the story, I haven't had any exposure to the Manga or LN) are completly suspect and supposed to keep the viewer guessing through the whole first arc of the story, trying to find a narrative throughout everything that is actually shown.
Maybe I'm just wrong but that definitely fills the criteria of a mystery for me, considering the world is mostly explored at the same pace the main character does (minus a few extra scenes in between that shed only a small amount of light on the other characters' intentions)
>>
>>141112842
Overlord has way too many different point of views to the point where it only looks like the Canterbury tales.
>>
>>141112842
Konosuba is better than them all, but only because of how it doesn't take itself seriously.

Maybe not Re:Zero. I'll have to wait to see how that turns out in full.
>>
>>141112502

I don't disagree that Konosuba was enjoyable but saying it was "great" is a bit far fetched

At the same time these people believe K-On is the second coming of Akira so I'm not sure what to believe
>>
People just shit on SAO because the main character feels like an OP self-insert character on Sonic fandom levels. Other than Kirito, the first half of the first season is awesome. Rest of the show is "meh".
>>
File: 1461214040929.png (590KB, 829x1200px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1461214040929.png
590KB, 829x1200px
>>141112900
You missed out on the gritty artwork of the manga.
>>
>>141112945
Letting it stand on it's own without comparisons to other works, which is the proper way to view anything, there really isn't anything that I can fault Konosuba for. Those ten episodes went by really fucking fast and I was grinning ear to ear the whole time. Great show in my opinion.
>>
>Having such basic comprehension that you don't understand how SAO is different from many of those shows
I guess for some people the world must just look fucking dandy through their retard glasses.
>>
>>141112971
Pleb as it may be, I don't like reading the source material while the show is airing.
>>
>>141112951
The first half of season 1 is just as retarded as the rest the series. It's just something delusional Sao fanboys claim, to protect even a little bit of Sao.
>>
>>141113009
> Source material
> Of the manga adaptation
> Adapted from the LN
> From the WN
What?
>>
>>141113046
Don't get pedantic you know what I mean. If the manga goes further than the currently aired episode I don't want to read it.
>>
>>141113009
>Anime=Manga<LN<WN
?
>>
>>141113069
It is only around 2 or maybe 3 episodes away from reaching the manga point so you could read up to chapter 5 or 6.
>>
>>141112988

I can't disagree but that's just my autism about comedy shows in general. They're really fun but that's about it, it's not really memorable at all for me since nothing serious happens.

Take GTO for example, while I loved the comedy in that show (and Manga), it also had an underlying plot, some life lessons that you may or may not take away from and great characters.

Konosuba has good characters and doesn't really go anywhere (like most good comedy anime do), it feels like the plot is just an instrument to pander to the comedic aspect of the show. I don't dislike it, but at the same time it keeps me from calling a show great.
I'd still recommend it to everybody who is looking for fun.
>>
>>141112878
I could have forgiven them for that if they'd gone to the effort of at least lampshading Kirito magically not needing sleep, but that's just lazy writing.

>>141112951
>People just shit on SAO because the main character feels like-
Wrong.
People shit on SAO because it shat all over its own premise.
>>
>>141113164
> Silver lining within comedy and slice of life.
This. This is why LNs tend to lack in various aspects. Especially that abomination called Death March.
>>
>>141113164
I can see your point. I guess I don't really feel like a show needs to have a underlying philosophical lesson. I think it's sometime is even a good thing. It makes a show neutral. Also, more often than not, those "underlying" lessons and themes are far from subtle and can wind up being detrimental to the experience.
>>
>>141112971

You say that but the anime is just as gritty in my opinion
That last scene from last episode is well censored yet gritty as fuck
>>
>>141112176
I dropped S1 after 2 episodes but stayed a cour for S2. I guess the lack of characters or anything happening made S2 less offensive at the beginning.
>>
>>141112951

rewatch the first half of the show and compare the build up to the ending and the ending with the premise

I can't say I am not disappointed, but you are quite right, even that is a good throw away from the rest of the show
>>
>>141113174
>Kirito magically not needing sleep
There are people in real life that minimize their sleep hours thought...
>>
File: img000012.png (537KB, 829x1200px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
img000012.png
537KB, 829x1200px
>>141113258
This was from the manga, just as gritty in your opinion? The manga has kinda more details to the gore.
>>
>>141112550
>>141107949
Read the thread, retard.
>>
>>141113336
Sweet Jesus. Why is Subaru so suffering?
>>
>>141104213
Because its a shit gateway anime, While the others you listed are not. Also >>141104376
this.
>>
>>141113336
To be fair shit's probably pretty fucked up behind this wall of black.
>>
File: 1462379637041.jpg (280KB, 800x775px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1462379637041.jpg
280KB, 800x775px
>>141113360
Because the author hates self-inserts and wish fufillment.

You see this girl? Yeah, that's his wife. She dies.
>>
>>141113339
Doesn't explain his poor characterization or why he was breaking everything in GGO. And whatever nonsense you were on about wasn't even close to an answer.
>>
>>141113433
I also forgot to add she that its permanenet and no amout of resets will bring her back.
>>
>>141113433
Anon fuck you.
>>
>>141113433
> Dies
Don't listen to this anon.
>>
>>141113227

That's absolutely true, I feel if a show has lessons to take away from, the quality of the show really shows in the delivery of said lessons.
Like when a character holds a speech to the MC and he just accepts said speech as truth even though there might not be any reason to believe said character at all, pretty much lazy writing.

A show like Konosuba skips that part completely and while the animation isn't gorgeous it fits the weirdly quirky nature of the show very well. And even if it didn't, it doesn't really need to either. Thus all the effort can instead be focused on delivering the fun aspects of the show, polishing the character interactions and what not.
Saying that, it really is just a difference of what the anime tries to show to the audience and if it does it well enough, which is definitely true for said show.

Also I laughed a whole lot so it wasn't a waste of time even if it were bad
>>
>>141113471
Because carrying the comatose body of your lover so you can still love her knowing the fact that there is a chance when you revive her she becomes a mangled soul is better than death right? Please.
>>
>>141113336

wait for the BDs to get your full load of splattered guts maybe
>>
Please stop posting Re:Zero spoilers you fucking assholes. I don't care if they're fake or not. Fuck the hell off with that shit.
>>
>>141113503
Because a certain anon has not watched anything yet. Dumbass, delete it or some shit.
>>
>>141113433

while I do not believe you please do not spoil the show, it's been such a fun ride so far
>>
File: 4BZX2vk.png (188KB, 500x291px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
4BZX2vk.png
188KB, 500x291px
>>141113503
You know what, I don't even want to know the context.
>>
>>141113519
It is fake. Don't worry.
>>
>>141104213
The appeal of SAO to me initially that it was an aspect of my as-of-yet unfulfilled fantasy of pansensory VR (i.e. all senses). I ignored all the poor plot and other shit because it was honestly the only anime that I had seen that captured the abject wonder I had for true escapism. Which desu is why I watch anime.
>>
>>141113433
>>141113503
I don't beleive you.
>>
>>141113589
Don't worry, just forget this ever existed.
>>
The premise is similar Re:Zero, Konosuba etc. but the writing is infinitely worse, the protagonist is insufferable, the characters are one-dimensional, the drama is forced.
Also
>Overlord
>NGNL
>Mondaiji-tachi
>Log Horizon
>many other similar anime that we love

lol
>>
>>141111689
He answered them. Search the archive, one or two of the mamare threads were translated live, IIRC.
>>
>>141113753
>buzzwords
>we
>lol
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>141113609
But arc 3 of the manga is out? Or is this an anime only thing?
>>
>>141113826
Anime only.
>>
>>141111449

How would Ainz as a Kirito type look like....skull-kirito...now i am intrigued...

A-1 is really the Mcdonalds of anime production....
>>
>>141106394
I love that fat sack of shit
>>
>>141113816
I was laughing at the op using the word "we" you cunt, especially considering how the majority of people on here shit on shows like NGNL.

>buzzwords
Like what, saying the characters are one-dimensional or saying the drama is forced? In retrospect, both of those fall under "the writing is bad", but regardless you can't deny that they're true points. SAO has an awful plot with awful dialogue.
>lol
If you expect me to use kek or hue you can go straight back to /v/.
>>
File: 1452550332269.jpg (150KB, 873x881px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1452550332269.jpg
150KB, 873x881px
>>141106274
>Demo D

One of the few basted anime reviewers out there.
>>
>>141104213
Everything gets more hate than it deserves on /a/. Just let that sink in and move on with your opinion.
>>
>>141104213
All anime you talk about is really bad op.

stop act like it good you need to start watch a real anime for once in your life.

how about hell girl it good anime.
>>
>>141104213
It's not as bad as a lot of people say it is, but it's still absolutely terrible.
>>
>>141104213
Lurk more.
>>
>>141106557
he still streams and shitposts about anime with his friends while drunk
>>
>>141113578
The idea has inspired me to do research in that field, and I hope some day I can make it a reality. If nothing else, that's the mark of good science fiction.
>>
SAO should have ended after the first arc to be honest. Everything else is retarded
>>
>>141104213
>why do we hate it?
Stopped reading there
>>
>>141113881
>>>>/reddit/
>>
>>141104213
>Do you think SAO gets more hate than it deserves, /a/?
No.
It deserves more.
>>
>>141116792
Well meme'd friend
>>
i'm sucker for dual wielder, that's why i love kirito and emiya
>>
>>141104213
Because they're approaching the series all wrong.

Cut the family bullshit and ALO/GGO and instead Reki should've written and completed Progressive first. That way the anime can make more sense.

Seriously, all the time skips are just annoying and bizarre.
>>
>>141104213
SAO is terrible on top of being overrated but I've seen worse anime. I think most of the hate is because it's unjustifiably praised.
>>
>>141112176
Yeah, if they'd stopped at episode 12 of S1, it would've been received as just meh by the nonbelievers. It's the second half and that laughable final boss that triggers the nuke-it-from-orbit reaction.
>>
>>141112037
>About 3-5 years from now, when there's more content

There's more than enough content already, unless they plan to make more than 24 episodes right now.
>>
>>141117423
Might have actually been ok had they used the extra time to flesh out the first arc
>>
SAO gets every ounce of hate it deserves. Too many goddamn problems in it
>>
>>141117155
>Seriously, all the time skips are just annoying and bizarre.

Because they were so frequent and disjointed, it worked better not arranged in chronological order.
>>
>>141105112
log horizon was pretty good
>>
>>141112450
Don't know about Mother's Basement, but I never see Digibro talking out of his ass. His videos are very well informed and accurate even when I disagree with him. I don't hate Asterisk for example, I give both it and Rakudai a 5/10 because they're both comfy mediocre McDonalds anime to me, but his series still did a perfect job showing how Rakudai is miles better than Asterisk even if it's still not good. That series was actually the most entertaining video criticism I've seen next to the Plinkett Star Wars reviews
>>
File: 1438537267131.jpg (71KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1438537267131.jpg
71KB, 1280x720px
>>141104213
I hated everything you listed except LH.


KonoSuba was okay too, I guess.
>>
>>141118111
It kinda looks like she's pointing at the two (separated) trips

neat
>>
>>141118068
He does the explanation, but he never gets to the point. A thesis is what drives the analysis to understand what you are talking about to the viewers. Overdoing it only makes you sound like you are reading from somewhere else.
>>
>>141104213
It's different from Overlord because the characters in Overlord aren't teenagers. Ainz is an adult man who is not trying to be a hero, and neither are his subordinates - the story, especially in the light novels, is not about romance and kid-friendly adventure, it's more of a dark fantasy with an emphasis on worldbuilding and political court affairs. SAO also lacks the distinct dark humour and devillish aesthetics of Overlord, as well as characters as memorable as Shalltear or Demiurge (speaking about light novels, he didn't get as flashed out in anime).
It's also different from KonoSuba because KonoSuba is a parody above anything else - it never takes itself seriously. We are not supposed to care or be worried about Kazuma and his gang - we are supposed to laugh at their over-the-top misadventures. SAO tries to build up a serious drama between these kids who are in love and might die at any moment, but even Grimgar does this job better and a bit more subtle.
Haven't watched nor read any of the others, not a fan of "stuck in a MMO" genre.
>>
>>141104213
Some of us have critical thinking, you don't.
>>
>>141118999
Reading Overlord is like reading the Canterbury tales, and I hated it.
>>
>>141119072
Sorry you had to go through it. I liked both.
>>
>>141104213
We have 3 fucking SAO threads.
3
Fucking kill yourself SAOfags.
>>
Its not THE WORST ANIME EVER like some people like to spout, but its still pretty bad.
I'd say it's around TTGL level. Shit plot, shit characters, good visuals, good OST, and maximum amount of wish-fulfillment.
>>
File: 1369662186757.jpg (175KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1369662186757.jpg
175KB, 1280x720px
>>141104213

Kirito falls in love with Asuna. Unable to confess, he is gifted with by a deus ex machina with the girl's phone number. Never minding the strange area code, he immediately calls her, and is overjoyed to find out that she has a crush on him as well.

But, the next day, when he recounts the previous day's confessions to the girl, she only looks at him with a perplexed expression. After some investigation, he finds out that the girl he called is not the same girl he fell in love with. In fact, she doesn't exist in this universe at all. She is the girl's alternate universe counterpart, who has fallen in love with the MC's own AU self, who too is blissfully unaware of her crush.

Hijinks ensue as the two strike up a deal to give each other their darkest, most private secrets in order to equip the other with the weapons they need to conquer the heart of their other selves. While the two chase their respective loved ones, DRAMA ensues as they begin to fall in love with each other instead and question the NATURE of MMO.
>>
>>141120453
Threadly reminder that you should stop posting that because it's a thing.

https://www.fictionpress.com/s/3206139/1/
>>
File: the vengeful one.jpg (156KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
the vengeful one.jpg
156KB, 1680x1050px
>>141106274
but even if I just came out of being trapped in a video game I'd still play video games. I'll risk getting trapped again, would be a nice change of pace
>>
What the fuck? Why is this thread still up?
>>
>>141104213
>Do you think SAO gets more hate than it deserves, /a/?
No
>I mean, it's honestly not really any different from Re:Zero
Haven't seen it so I won't comment.
>Konosuba
Way fucking different, konosuba is a comedy to start with, mc isn't boring as shit, girls aren't boring trophies either, and so on.
>Overlord
Way different too, did you see this? How can you compare it?
>No Game No Life, Mondaiji-tachi, Log Horizon, Ixion Saga DT, and many other similar anime that we love.
I'm gonna stop, either you're trolling or retarded, none of those series are like SAO besides a very basic common setting of "transported to another world".
The execution is completely different, the writting is completely different, etc.
>>
>>141113926
>His lolicon video
>>
File: image.jpg (55KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
55KB, 1200x675px
>>141120453
FINDS A WAY!
>>
>>141104213
SAO is super popular so I get why it attracts more hate than the average popular series. It gets put under a microscope for haters and trolls. That doesn't stop me from liking SAO though.
>>
>>141122673
Because it's a 'line up and smack the dead guy in the coffin' thread
>>
>>141113433
She also is a psycho who killed him by smashing him apart with a flail, and another time tortured him with magic.

The way people excuse that in the end because she's a 'cute grill' is kind of dumb sometimes. Not as bad as Subaru himself, who despite getting killed by her, and initially thinking she had something to do with the curse when she later directly tortured him, still tries clinging to them.

Maybe it's just my taste, but I hate clingy annoying protags like Subaru, and I actually enjoy watching him suffer immensely when I bother reading the source at all.
>>
>>141106977
>then go off and solo all the hardest bosses in the game with no help

Are you implying that didn't happen in pretty much every popular mmo until WoWand it still happens on some?
>>
>>141108166
As much as I actually hate Kirito opness (and I know it has reasoning behind it), I can't stand him losing a sword duel to loligoddess. That made absolutly no sense. If they wereto have equal power he should win with his skills slone
>>
File: Narbel.png (164KB, 580x811px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Narbel.png
164KB, 580x811px
>Be oldfag
>New blood sees SOA
>Every anime now that has dungeons and even older anime that are MMO related
>Kids say, "OMG IT IS JUST LIKE SOA"

I don't mouth them off but this shit is cringe worthy. Especially when they compare Magi to SOA.
>>
>>141112450
I don't know, I liked that Jojo video, and I loved seeing Asterick War get shit on, because it's about fucking time someone tore into one of those fucking battle harem LN shows.

Other than that, I don't really pay attention to them, because I rarely watch new anime.
>>
>>141125985
He thinks jojo is K-on with the less thematic depth. As if manly men working hard while shedding tears, sweat and blood for their goals is any similar to a bunch of girls drinking tea and playing instruments flawlessly.
>>
File: 1378330257121.jpg (276KB, 900x633px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1378330257121.jpg
276KB, 900x633px
>>141107194
>there are people who will actively defend SAO
I didn't even know it was possible for someone's taste to be THAT shit
>>
>>141111470
Underrated post.
>>
>>141112446
>Comparing Yuri Lowell with Kirito

FUCK YOU
>>
File: oh fuck.png (249KB, 650x686px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
oh fuck.png
249KB, 650x686px
There's HOW MANY SAO threads right now?
>>
>>141112584
Have you ever played any game ever? Resting replenishes HP/MP. There's no MP in SAO and Kirito's HP regen ticks him back to full in a few minutes.
>>
>>141104213
>Ixion Saga DT
TOO FAR
>>
>>141109367
>he likes anime
kek, what a faggot.
>>
File: 1462359880058.png (2MB, 1214x1109px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1462359880058.png
2MB, 1214x1109px
>re : zero
>better than sao

Nah mate,they're the same
>>
>>141125181
You know he uses his overly posiive personality to hide his crippling depression right? You do know that he is clingy for the sole purpose that he was given one of the few things that makes him feel less numb inside right? He's a NEET by choice not by curcumstance.
>>
File: 1458628924081.gif (884KB, 250x171px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1458628924081.gif
884KB, 250x171px
>>141132641
You take that back or so god help me.
>>
>>141125181
>Source

What source anon? The manga? Can't you read moon?
>>
I feel somewhat obliged to watch SAO after fapping to a reasonable amount of porn from it. Are there any tricks to enjoying it?
>>
>>141104267
>using decimals
>blogging
>thinks 5.5 is "below average"
pretty sure 5 is the median value there tard
>>
For me, the forced romance killed SAO
>>
>>141106727
I have no idea how alfheim was animated but I enjoyed a lot the webnovel version.
>>
>>141104213
All of those anime suck. Except maybe Konosuba and Log Horizon, they're not completely sucky.
>>
File: image.png (2MB, 2208x1242px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.png
2MB, 2208x1242px
>>141128598
We're down to one. You can stop sperging out now.

>>141133951
Imagine you are Kirito.
>>
Can't wait for all the shitposting, come next season.
>>
>>141135033
I love elegant rape.
>>
You shut your whore mouth in trying to compare shit anime online to log horizon and konosuba. LH does a great deal better in the world building story and character development.
>>
>>141104213
Lurk more
>>
>>141104213
No. If anything it still isn't getting enough.
>>
SAO, 3DPD, Youtube garbage and people typing like 12-year-old children everywhere in this thread.
The anime is shit, you should know that by watching the first couple of episodes.
>>
>>141104213
Is re zero a harem anime too like SAO ?
>>
File: 99.jpg (1MB, 1930x1400px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
99.jpg
1MB, 1930x1400px
>>141136687
Nope, unless you count his mercenary band. Which is full of males lusting for MCs cock. Its just a constant sausagefest after the mansion arc and stays that way.

Not to mention there is only one girl alive left for the competition.
>>
>>141136811
I really don't like the mansion arc and want it to end quickly, but I'm not sure if that sounds any better.
>>
File: 1462261515427.png (854KB, 1128x1600px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1462261515427.png
854KB, 1128x1600px
>>141136918
At least he isn't some annoying scrub anymore. Unlike msot series he actually has character development and earned his strength instead of deus ex asspulls. Getting the mercenary band wasn't easy either.
>>
>>141136811
there is beatrice rem, the cat girl and the princess so far. isn't that a rather quick harem shenanigan.
>>
>>141137180
Beatrice is permenently imoutoized
Rem had her soul eaten
Princesses already have lovers that isn't subaru


Also
>Catgirl
>Girl

Except he is the ultimate wingman.
>>
>>141137180
>catgirl

Are you talking about trapcat?
>>
>>141137033
Alright, that sounds like what I want to see. Main thing I liked about the 3 first episodes is that he's technically a cheating unbeatable character, but his superpower is being able to try new things and learn from his mistakes.
>>
>>141137033
>deus ex asspulls

Technically there have been with it came to save points. It wasn't really to bring his strength up but to multiplex him into the bottomless abyss.

Like when things were looking up for him the antagonists were like "lol nope" and fucked him over.
>>
>>141137763
Arc 3 was the biggest asspull of them all, fuck that save point. Fuck that savepoint so much.
>>
>>141104213
It's hated because it's popular. I personally don't like it because it went from a show I was super hyped for in the sao arc to really odd and mediocre in alfhiem. It just it me hyped and let me down

It would have been 8-9/10 if it ended when they beat the creator and the game ended
>>
>>141137846
>>141137763
What is the savepoint system like in this series?
>>
>>141138029
Nightmare Mode with Ironman on.
>>
>>141138029
>>
It's a good, fun anime. It doesn't deserve any rewards, but it doesnt deserve any hate, either. Anime fans have forgotten how to enjoy anime.
>>
How is the gun anime connected to the sword anime? The only character i see in common is kirito
>>
first 2 episodes are good, you get the "sword art online" part then they drop everything and make it an anime about an asexual beta faggot getting inexplainable attention from a tsundere hot girl
its just romance bs from thereon out
>>
>>141104213
Well, it receives more praises than it deserves, that's for sure.
>>
>>141109912
can't we have someone in between

being alpha dosen't mean he is fucking good all the time
>>
File: 1448400387002.jpg (29KB, 500x281px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1448400387002.jpg
29KB, 500x281px
>>141138821
everyone likes monogataris mc.
Thread posts: 384
Thread images: 66


[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.