[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why re:zero is shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 201
Thread images: 33

File: shallow_plot.jpg (14KB, 180x256px) Image search: [Google]
shallow_plot.jpg
14KB, 180x256px
The issue with re:zero is that it really is just another generic mmo anime "with a twist".

The thing that leaves casualfags easily impressed is the fact that the mc dies in edgy gruesome ways.

The show hasn't even been able to establish a solid plot or end game, right now the plot is basically subaru wants to get his dick wet.
That's literally it, besides that there is no end game goal.

It's just. "Lets kill subaru is the edgiest way possible to impress all the 12 year olds."

At least that's what I could gather from the first few episodes, the manga, and light novel spoilers. Please prove me wrong
>>
The goal is to save the girls.
The premise is lazy and shitty though, it later turns into a despair simulator just for the sake of it
Which was obviously the author´s intent from the start
>>
>>141056948
>another generic mmo anime
Well it would be if it was using game mechanic references at all. That's just Subaru's way of explaining things, the world setting keeps telling him to get fucked every time he makes assumptions based on it.

>>141057094
>implying the goal is not to be fantasy groundhog's day
>>
all of this try hard anon..

all i learnt from being in /a/, every anime that has lots of shit poster.. turns out to be good.
>>
>>141057764
>This delusional

The only thing you're saying is that you are a tasteless loser than can't accept his show is trash and will call anything against it "shitpost" as if it were a mantra to keep yourself comfortably numb.

Tell me /a/ isn't like this.
>>
>>141057299
>fantasy groundhog's day
Groundhog Day was a comedy.
Re:Zero is edgy with otaku pandering comedy and dialogue.
There's a huge difference.
>>
>>141058175
Taste is the shittiest 4chan meme brofam
Also, the criticism in this thread is retarded
>>
>>141058175
>The only thing you're saying is that you are a tasteless loser than can't accept his show is trash and will call anything against it "shitpost" as if it were a mantra to keep yourself comfortably numb.
> than
> not using the word "that"
>Tell me /a/ isn't like this.
Ah yes, it is quite like this. In fact, you are part of it as well.
>>
>>141057764
It's not even shit posting, everything i said was literally right, that's why you can't actual counter a single point i made.
>>
>>141058175
if you say so anon...

oh also this triggered, jesus.
>>
>>141058326
Keep believing that, retard-kun
Keep believing that
Now drop the show, and let us enjoy it in peace without threads like this one
>>
File: 1462160966150.png (860KB, 841x720px) Image search: [Google]
1462160966150.png
860KB, 841x720px
>>141056948
Only 12 year olds are talking about "solid plot" or "endgame" while evaluating an anime.
I guess you are impressed after all.
>>
>>141058245
Otaku pandering is a basic feature of anime it's really not worth mentioning at this point.
>>
>>141058326
i am not saying only from this thread senpai, on almost all re zero thread there will be frodos, shit posters.

tell me, are those posts that keep comparing this to SAO shit is not shit posting? i bet you cant deny that.

its like comparing coca cola to sprite just because they are both a carbonated drink.
>>
>>141058445
Or you can stop with the passive aggressive bullshit and actually....ooo...I don't know discuss the anime and what makes it good or bad?

If you want to just enjoy the show in peace without any conversation or critique of it go to mal or reddit.

This is /a/, and you've clearly lost your way.
>>
>>141058326
> everything i said was literally right, that's why you can't actual counter a single point i made.
> i
> actual
You are impressing me at this point. Keep doing these. So I could thoroughly mock you.
>>
>>141058175
sorry to break the news anon, you are also part that make a shit

"than" not that

tasteless meme, seriously senpai? dont stay late anon your mum might be looking for you.
>>
>>141058525
>...ooo...
I am cringing right now.
>>
File: images.jpg (10KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
10KB, 225x225px
>>141058453
Or just fans of literature of any form, didn't know being a fan of shows with a solid plot made me 12.

All the grown up like cute girl anime that pander to their fetishes, guess i should grow up and force myself through 5 episodes of poorly written comedy about a loli and her bear.

Clearly you have great taste.
>>
5 episodes out of 25, 3 of them needed for let u know the mechanism... Maybe it's still too early for a heavy plot request?
>>
aaaaaaannnnnnnddddd

the thread went to shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DT7bX-B1Mg&list=RD-DT7bX-B1Mg#t=13
>>
>>141058525
>go to ANN/reddit/MAL
>this is /a/
Why do shitposters always post this shit?
The moment someone says it, it's instant proof they're shitposting
>>
>>141058530
>I can't actually counter any of his points cause his totally right about how shit re:zero is.....
>Guess i'll insult his grammy on the internet, because that is somehow relevant....

Sasuga
>>
>>141058729
Implying you should visit anime threads that never actually critique shows so that you can feel good doesn't automatically make anyone a shit poster.

There is literally no real correlation.
>>
>>141058672
>he fell for the taste meme
We've got an actual retard on the loose
>>
>>141058737
> Sasuga
> No period at the end of a sentence.
Sasuga...
>>
>>141058791
Only that you shitposters love to bring up the "this is /a/" card to justify your meaningless shit criticisms of any show
So, there's a lot of correlation
>>
>>141058737
Let me quote you here
"This is /a/". Your own words
/a/nons are expected to post with good english
So, grammar is relevant. Because this is /a/.
If you have poor grammar, nobody will take your posts seriously here. You'll be seen as nothing more than a retard
>>
>>141056948
I recognize this from another thread. You always say the same shit over and over. Well, good luck to (You) and your shitposting thread.
>>
>>141058881
>A show having a shitty plot is shit criticisms

How is this shows weak plot a bad criticism?
>>
>>141058995
It's not a shit post though, it's legit criticism that none of you can actually counter.
>>
>>141059054
Because it's easy to say anything has a shitty weak plot
Evangelion has a shitty weak plot
See? I can do it too
>>
>>141058973
Add some punctuation the next time you criticize sentences. You can't beat his argument without proofreading. Remember that.
>>
>>141059085
Why do you care so much?
If a show's shit, I drop it and don't care so much about posting how it's shit and trying to force the fanbase to agree with me
Why are you different?
Why are you trying to force your shit nobody cares about down our throats?
>>
>this show hasn't established endgame
There's only 5 episodes released out of 25
>>
What is actually weak about the plot? That there's pretty girls?
>>
>>141056948
>is that it really is just another generic mmo anime
well thats good to know. I was gonna ask if it was worth picking up but I'm kinda burnt out on these shows.
>>
>>141059360
Bait after bait
>>
>>141059360
It's not MMO, it's about a mentally retarded neet transported to an alternate universe.
>>
>>141059360
Only that the only videogame so far is the MC's respawns. Even Grimgar was 100x more MMO-like that this
If you're gonna say this is an MMO anime because the MC is taken from present japan to fantasyland, you might as well say fucking Escaflowne is an MMO show
>>
>>141059452
*videogame element
>>
>>141056948
its about the journey anon, not the destination.

all plots have endgame, but how it reach the endgame is what makes a show good.

re zero endgame? no one fucking knows, revelation who the fuck causes subaru to transfer dimension and have fucked up respawn?

revelation of the witch satella?

you are trying to critic something that is not even finished, that is legit try hard anon.

or if you are too stupid to understand my point and want to play "ohh but my literature is deeepeerr than this shittt"

how about if i say, Lord of the rings has shitty plot, its only about destroying a ring right? with no adventure in between right? no conflicts, etc, right?

seriously anon, stop the shitpost and blanket it with "muhh criticism"
>>
>>141059452
Well,
Escaflowne was actually shit.
>>
It's pretty good, yeah
>>
>>141059428
I don't understand what your even trying to say. People one after another are trolling by saying its just another generic MMO?
>>
>>141059528
Because you're samefagging OP
>>
>>141059528
another bait.

or if you are legit retarded this not an mmo anon.
>>
Are they still doing manga or is it way behind anime now?
>>
>>141059140
How is Eva's plot shit? It's pretty straight forward.
The end game is "defeat the angels so humanity can live in peace"

It's pretty simplistic.

re:zero plot is "I want to fuck that girl"
>>
>>141059296
I just said I read the manga and it's plot spoilers and it's the exact same all throughout, just more and more people come to kill him for no real reason.
>>
>>141059567
and you say this is not a shit post?

really?
doesnt matter what anon will say, you will still say this shit because in your autistic, disfigured brain you already brand this series plot as "subaru want to fuck emillia"
>>
>>141059343
The plot is "I want to get my dick wet."/"Main character gets killed over and over again in the edgiest ways humanly possible. his only reason for continuing the chance of fucking some girl"

What isn't weak about it?
>>
>>141059491
The journey has no value if we don't know where they are headed.

Pokemon is also about the journey, but we all know where they are going.
So is naruto.
The difference is they establish actual goals and motivations for their main characters besides "i want to fuck the elf girl!...oh wait never mind i want the loli!"
>>
>dick wet
>edgiest ways
kys my man
>>
>>141059555
That's not OP
>>
>>141059657
That's because fucking emillia is the main characters only goal and motivation.

Prove me wrong.
>>
Re:zero is truly shit. Some of the worst characters I've seen, even among the revival genre.

The threads became deserted and just filled with the same IPs filling it up. Because of this the few fans this show does have form a hugbox in their threads calling everyone else retarded.
>>
File: bait capable of luring a dragon.jpg (88KB, 680x989px) Image search: [Google]
bait capable of luring a dragon.jpg
88KB, 680x989px
>>141056948
>Why re:zero is shit

>The issue with re:zero is that it really is just another generic mmo anime "with a twist".
You can argue that every piece of fiction, is really another piece of fiction with a twist.

>The thing that leaves casualfags easily impressed is the fact that the mc dies in edgy gruesome ways.
Casual fags are easily impressed by anything that's not generic moeshit.

>The show hasn't even been able to establish a solid plot or end game, right now the plot is basically subaru wants to get his dick wet.
That's literally it, besides that there is no end game goal.
The plot is that Subaru has no idea why he's there, and keeps looping every time he dies. As time goes on he struggles with mental issues, caused by repeated deaths, and slowly finds out why he is in the world.

>It's just. "Lets kill subaru is the edgiest way possible to impress all the 12 year olds."
Dieing normally is not interesting.
>>
>>141059868
I'm not surprised
>>
>>141059868
Pretty common thing with shit LNs
>>
File: baiit.jpg (88KB, 853x714px) Image search: [Google]
baiit.jpg
88KB, 853x714px
>>141060029
>Bait image
>Still takes bait
>Takes bait and doesn't actually counter any points
>>
YEAH WHY DIDN'T SLAVE HAREM GET ADAPTED!!!
>>
>>141060666
But he did, re-read the post. Or are you just talking out of our ass in an effort to seem smart?
>>
File: 1389128787293.png (633KB, 1061x1049px) Image search: [Google]
1389128787293.png
633KB, 1061x1049px
>>141060666
>>Takes bait and doesn't actually counter any points
I don't see the points originally mentioned as wrong. It's more or less true, with a negative view point. Intended to stir up the audience.

My counter point will be, "If Re:Zero is shit, anime is also shit."
>>
File: I love you.jpg (37KB, 726x1024px) Image search: [Google]
I love you.jpg
37KB, 726x1024px
>The digibros will leave they said
>After a week everything will be nice and fun they said
>No more shitposting they said

Fuck this shit man.
>>
>>141058706
the only reasonable and true to the situation reply on this thread.
>>
>>141061385
>>141057764

/a/ is tsundere for good shows anon, you should have learn by now.
>>
>>141061268
You just kind of made half asked excuses as to why it's shit really.
>>
We just like suffering. That said, we don't care about your hot opinion, my little special snowflake. A thread that starts with a "critique" is a shit thread anyway.
If you don't like it, why can't you just move on?
>>
>>141061385
>>141061462
Not a shit post just valid criticism.
>>
>>141061726
Because how else will anons know he's a mature person who doesn't watch anime for tits, but watches anime for the plot and good story telling, like shows like Naruto!
>>
>>141061726
>"We just like suffering"

>It's just. "Lets kill subaru is the edgiest way possible to impress all the 12 year olds."

Pretty much.
>>
>>141059850

That's saying Steins:Gate is shit because Okabe wanted to save his waifu. Or Berserk is shit because muh revenge.

Fuck off already.
>>
>>141061771
Yo, Digibro, how the next episode of Asswars sucks going? Will this episode another 20 minutes of wasted time for your shit eating viewers?
>>
>>141059850
Subaru also just wants to, you know, survive.
>>
>>141061847
Trying to go full ad hominem won't help your case. And you haven't answered me: WHY can't you move on? I disliked a lot of things about a certain number of shows this season, dropped them and I haven't made a single thread as if MY opinion was the hot pocket one around. If anons enjoy themselves watching shit like Kuma Miko, it's their problem.
>>
>>141061994
Because it's bait.
>>
File: beato.png (97KB, 260x248px) Image search: [Google]
beato.png
97KB, 260x248px
I like this show, it's pretty good.
>>
>77 posts
>23 posters

what is this circle jerk
>>
>>141056948
First of all, it's not an mmo anime since that's just the main character's approach to the setting. While it helps him get comfortable with his situation pretty quickly, it quickly bites him in the ass as he starts to learn what the world is about. He even tries switching to a visual novel approach at one point, and that didn't work well either.

I can't speak for everyone else, but I'm not particularly impressed with the character's deaths. Hell, it doesn't seem like much of a selling point when it's trivialized by a reset. It's not like Game of Thrones or something. I just like the characters and the themes the story is pushing. Plus I'm a sucker for time loops.

The endgame isn't interesting on its own; if this was just about MC getting the girl and having a good time I wouldn't be particularly interested, but I enjoy how his expectation and goal (which is basically a comfy SoL) is met with a gargantuan obstacle.

It's not really about killing Subaru. It's about delusions and expectations meeting reality to bring about growth of character. Yes, it's basically anime fantasy Groundhog Day, but I don't see what's particularly wrong with that. It's executed well and has good themes throughout.
>>
>>141062161
I like beako
>>
>>141061994
I have moved on I just made this post to see if anyone could actually counter any of these claims.

Spoiler they couldn't
>>
>>141062540
spoiler you're retarded
>>
>>141062247
> it quickly bites him in the ass as he starts to learn what the world is about. He even tries switching to a visual novel approach at one point, and that didn't work well either.

Is this nigga serious?

>if this was just about MC getting the girl and having a good time I wouldn't be particularly interested

But that is all it's about. He tries to fuck the bitch but cartoonishly sadistic bad guys kill him over and over again for no real reason.
>>
>>141062195
What else did you expect from a shitposting thread?
>>
>>141062540
>>141062635
That's what I call a bait.
>>
File: image.jpg (18KB, 640x178px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18KB, 640x178px
It's pretty safe to say OP is a fool. Pic related.
>>
>>141062635
Despite you being bait, thanks for letting me put my opinion of this show/manga/LN in order, at least.
>>
>>141062693
this entire thread is bait
>>141062827
If that's MAL, then your opinion is discarded because that community is pure cancer.
>>
File: Untitled (2).jpg (223KB, 1100x600px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled (2).jpg
223KB, 1100x600px
>>
>>141063148
You still havent seen the episode with true pain
>>
>>141063148
I can't wait.
>>
>>141062635
>(You) are an idiot
>>
>>141062195
>You only allowed to post once in a thread.
>>
>>141062693
>>141062871
>>141064201

>No actual response

That's about right

>>141062827
>MAL
Kill yourself.
>>
>>141056948
>is just another generic mmo anime "with a twist
Can someone explain this to me? I don't feel like I'm watching a MMO anime at all.
>>
>>141065525
Because it's bait and OP's a shit
>>
>tl;dr: OP's right because he says so and only his opinion matters despite everyone disagreeing

10/10 bait
>>
>>141065525
It's a mc get into fantasy world. Mmo is just a variation of it
>>
>>141056948
>just another generic mmo anime
>All fantasy takes place in an MMO

>no end game goal

90% of your post is "muh edge", and 10% is "no end game." Calling something "edgy" is not valid criticism, and why does it need to show you an end game this early in the show?

You say that because because everything hasn't been revealed to you yet, 5 episodes into a 2 cour anime?
>>
Will this thread become a spoiler thread?
>>
If slayers was made today would people call it an MMO anime?
>>
This might be the worst thread on /a/ right now
>>
>>141066432
>Expecting an anime with available source material to not have spoilers on /a/
How do you do, newfag-kun?
>>
>MMO anime

Do people who say this even bother to read the synopsis?
>>
>>141066345
>OP calls Re:Zero edgy because Subaru dies a lot and clings to Emilia
>If OP were transported to a fantasy world, he'd probably die more, and would also probably cling to the only person helping him at all

but muh edge and muh irrefutable plot connoisseur critique. I think it's refreshing. I'm sick of MC's with secret hidden powers or plot armor. Subaru has to go the Dark Souls route.
>>
>>141065525
It's a "normal people in a fantasy setting" premise, that's become sort of popular with web novels.
Thing is, because the current trend was more-or-less kicked off by MMO-related anime, "MMO anime" has basically reached "buzzword"-levels of usage.

At least it makes it easier to point out bait.

>>141066508
>available source material
I wish. Only the manga is being translated, and YP hasn't released the novel yet, and even so, there are spoilers for 3-4 arcs ahead, and it's impossible to avoid them if you want to talk about this series.
I would read the source material if I could, but I can't into moon.
>>
Other problems with re:zero:

Consequences can't be established convincingly. Character development is stunted and backtracked every reset. Plots and timelines seem like a waste of time for the viewer because everything can be arbitrarily reset. Nothing is advanced; nothing changes. Subaru hasn't even developed much so far.

Basically similar problems that Steins;Gate had.
>>
>>141066721
Yay he's back
>>
>>141066721
>Consequences can't be established convincingly
Save points are random. If something bad happens, and a save point is made after that, fuck.

>Character development is stunted and backtracked every reset
ReZero goes about character development in a way that simply isn't what's the norm. With the time loops, we're able to explore more sides to a character under different but similar circumstances. I would say there is considerably a lot of character development, taking that into account.

>Plots and timelines seem like a waste of time for the viewer
Why are you even still watching?
The plot and story are advancing. Are you not watching the same series?

>inb4 "responding to bait seriously"
>>
>>141066984
>inb4 "you're wrong because I say so and can't prove me wrong because you're wrong"
>>
File: gel bannana machine.jpg (420KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
gel bannana machine.jpg
420KB, 1280x960px
>>141066721
>Basically similar problems that Steins;Gate had.

Do you have something against time slips? When Mayuri started dieing is when Steins;Gate got really good.
>>
>>141066608
The problem is that Subaru doesn't have to do anything. He could leave Emilia to the whims of fate and go separate ways but he chooses to pick the hardest route full of death and despair because he's an idiot who fell in love for the first girl he met.
>>
This is the same kind of faggot op who'd defend grimgar
>>
>>141066508
>not understanding the question
>>
>>141058672
>fans of literature
>watching anime
>>
>>141067664
Except it won't work that way because
ILOVEYOUILOVEYOUILOVEYOUILOVEYOUILOVEYOUILOVEYOUILOVEYOUILOVEYOUILOVEYOUILOVEYOUILOVEYOUILOVEYOUILOVEYOUILOVEYOUILOVEYOUILOVEYOUILOVEYOUILOVEYOUILOVEYOUILOVEYOUILOVEYOUILOVEYOUILOVEYOUILOVEYOUILOVEYOUILOVEYOUILOVEYOUILOVEYOU

That, and because he has literally nowhere to go and no other actual options. He can't read the language, has no money, has no abilities or skills to go into some sort of craft, and knows nothing about the world. I can't blame him for sticking at the mansion. Falling in love with Emilia & Co. just makes the prospect of going off on his own harder.
>>
File: zetsubou neet.png (564KB, 883x1300px) Image search: [Google]
zetsubou neet.png
564KB, 883x1300px
>>141067664
So what if he decided to leave the Rosewald mansion and run away?

Maybe he goes out into the world, and sells some modern technology. He'll make some money. Meet a nice girl. Have a family. Grows old. And finally dies.

And when he wakes up again. He sees Rem and Ram.
>>
>>141067664
Because author is fucking amateur who had no idea how to write proper stories. This is literally the problem of all japan media - their stories suck hard.
>>
>>141068006
>Maybe he goes out into the world, and sells some modern technology

Since you bring up modern technology. How come his cellphone still has battery?
>>
>>141068065
Okay mister successful author.
>>
>>141067664
Not like he's the first idiot in written fiction to go out of his way for a first sight love
>>
>>141068096
Japanese cellphones have a battery life of decades and are capable of self charging. They're way beyond other nations in cutting-edge technology
>>
>>141056948
I think it's pretty good though
>>141066478
probably, I miss the slayers-verse
>>
File: magic-i-aint-gotta-explain-shit.jpg (79KB, 720x479px) Image search: [Google]
magic-i-aint-gotta-explain-shit.jpg
79KB, 720x479px
>>141068096
Lightning magic. Solar power. Lemons. Take your pick.

Heck, maybe it's just aborbs magic from the world.
>>
>Every fantasy anime is now an mmo anime. Fucking newfags are being cancerous once again.
>>
No good anime this season.

No good anime since Shigatsu Wa Kimi No Uso.
>>
>>141068006
>being able to relive your life
>bad

You're telling me you wouldn't want to be a teenager again when you're 76 years old and on your deathbed? All that life experience put back into a youthful body, and you're free to make different choices as you live your life again. That sounds miraculous.
>>
>>141066478
Yes, and they would compare Gourry to Kirito and complain about what a gary-stu is and how the world revolves around him. Throw in something about "edgy" into as well for good measure.
>>
File: 0 out of 10.jpg (34KB, 477x240px) Image search: [Google]
0 out of 10.jpg
34KB, 477x240px
>>141068259
>No good anime since Shigatsu Wa Kimi No Uso.
You've gotta make it something believable when you're baiting new friend.
>>
File: img000002.png (2MB, 910x1300px) Image search: [Google]
img000002.png
2MB, 910x1300px
Anyone wants second hand translations of the Truth of Zero manga?
>>
Is this one of "those" shows where the main character is weak and useless but he can win by outsmarting his enemies? I'm so sick of this shit
>>
>>141068259
>forced melodrama
>good
>>
>>141068366
Yes
>>
File: img000003.jpg (880KB, 1128x1600px) Image search: [Google]
img000003.jpg
880KB, 1128x1600px
>>141068366
>[...at first]
>stop you criminal scum

>I won't allow you
>to keep doing this
>[You were the one that saved me]

>[Even if you]
>[don't remember it...]
>>
>>141068366
May as well, it'll be a year by the time the other group reaches Truth of Zero.
>>
>>141068096

Bruh, flip phones can last for a week if they're on idle
>>
>>141068322
It'd also probably cause you severe mental and emotional distress. Meeting people who don't remember you would do that.
>>
>>141065831
this anon speaks the truth.
>>
So is this anime basically Kanojo wa Flag with time travel?
>>
File: img000004.jpg (1MB, 2252x1600px) Image search: [Google]
img000004.jpg
1MB, 2252x1600px
>>141068420
>Chapter 1 Peaceful Sunrise
>>
File: img000005.png (854KB, 1128x1600px) Image search: [Google]
img000005.png
854KB, 1128x1600px
>>141068464
>Hah hah
>Subaru-kun!
>>
File: doitforremv1.png (578KB, 960x686px) Image search: [Google]
doitforremv1.png
578KB, 960x686px
R E M
E
M
>>
File: time travel is suffering.jpg (143KB, 1000x680px) Image search: [Google]
time travel is suffering.jpg
143KB, 1000x680px
>>141068322
I think I'd go insane if it repeated without end.

It's like beating an RPG with 0 deaths. And after the credits play the game starts over. Except there is no new game plus. No new items or stories. No side quests unlocked.

You just have to play it over again. And you don't have a choice.
>>
>>141068367
It's one of those shows where the MC is weak and dumber than everyone (but still smarter than the majority of /a/'s posters apparently) and has to win by abusing time travel by banging his head against the wall until he finally figures out a way to not get murdered like a weak bitch via process of elimination and/or dumb luck.
>>
>>141068495
Worst girl.
>>
Okay spoil my shit LNfags, does Subaru ever actually learn any magic or combat abilities?
>>
File: img000006.jpg (272KB, 1128x1600px) Image search: [Google]
img000006.jpg
272KB, 1128x1600px
>>141068494
>Chapter 1 Peaceful Sunrise
>Chapter 2 The girl with the orange hair
>Chapter 3 The same town
>Chapter 4 Starts the Royal Election
>Chapter 5 Stating my opinion
>Epilogue
>>
File: 0007-011.jpg (224KB, 829x1200px) Image search: [Google]
0007-011.jpg
224KB, 829x1200px
>>141068495
R E M
E
M
>>
>>141056948
What is this Reddit/Mal tier bait post? We really did get infested.
>>
File: img000007.png (757KB, 1128x1600px) Image search: [Google]
img000007.png
757KB, 1128x1600px
>>141068577
>>
>>141068499
Except you don't have to do the same things you did last time. You can meet new people, live in a different part of the world, make friends from a previous life's enemies. There's plenty of things you can do that wouldn't be covered in one lifetime. There are billions of people alive in the world and every one of them lives a different life. The world would be more like an RPG sandbox. You don't need to follow the same narrative and path if you can play again.
>>
>>141056948
There's no need to prove you wrong. The character development is fairly decent.
>>
>>141058245
>Groundhog Day was a comedy
>Re:Zero is a comedy
Well gee.
You sure pointed that out Sherlock!
>>
>>141068560
Yes, which ends up being mostly useless because he permanently fucked up his Mana Gate, comparable to F/SN Mana Circuits. Which means his mana regeneration (which was already pretty shit) is now complete ass and he could keel over and die at any time if he actually tries to use magic. Also, even if he leaves it alone it can apparently become fatal over time. He tries learning martial arts, but is told he's a talentless fuck. Even the OP abilities he steals from the Bishops of Sin end up being mostly useless because he gets extremely gimped versions of them. Being Subari is suffering as always.
>>
File: img000008.png (488KB, 1128x1600px) Image search: [Google]
img000008.png
488KB, 1128x1600px
>>141068617
>[After being hurt by Elza in the capital he was brought to the Roswaal manor]
>[And now, a few days after the conmotion with the beast]

>[Natsuki Subaru, our protagonist sent to another world, is now working at Roswaal manor]

>Wake up Subaru-kun!
>I'm coming in
>>
Do it in a another thread instead of this thread. Especially you, translator.
This thread is cancer enough with OP being ESL-kun.
>>141068109
>>141068109
>>141068109
>>
File: img000009.png (547KB, 1128x1600px) Image search: [Google]
img000009.png
547KB, 1128x1600px
>>141068683
>If you don't wake up soon
>You'll be left behind
>[Rem / Works at Roswaal manor / After the fight has come to trust Subaru]

>Is it that late?
>I wasn't able to sleep yesterday!
>The dragon wagon is waiting at the entrance
>Dragon?
>>
File: 1461192373669.jpg (155KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
1461192373669.jpg
155KB, 700x525px
What other shows are suffering porn

My dick is currently diamonds and I would like to keep it this way
>>
>>141068673
In terms of martial arts, it's not that he's completely talent-less - he's pretty athletic, handles himself verses normal thugs, and sometimes is able to defend/get away from or surprise much stronger people like Elsa/Rem. He just has no skill, training, or experience. Reinhard's grandfather is beastly and 100% hard work derived. Given time, Subaru will get stronger. Never godlike, but he'll be able to defend himself. And I'm sure there's going to be something dealing with his mana issues and impending mana-death down the road.
>>
>>141068775

>>141068855
>>
>>141068560
Subaru is kind of like playing Dark Souls and started as Deprived your first time through. He has above average physical stats for a human, but shit magic ability. And like a new Dark Souls player, he dies a lot because he has no fucking clue what to do.

Given time he'll work to gain skills, but he'll never be strong as the OP people around him he's with or has to fight. Instead, like in Dark Souls, he uses trial and error to learn how to fight bosses and dies a lot in the process.
>>
>>141069153
>>141068924
>>141068673
>>141068560
Take this in the other thread, guys. There are less morons who can't understand English.
>>
>>141069252
make sure use sage on bait threads like these when you post.
>>
>>141066236
At least you tried
>>
>>141069320
This so-called review thread?
>>
>anons still discuss this turd
>>
>>141066608
>Anonymous 05/03/16(Tue)23:47:34 No.14106
>"im sick of MC's with secret hidden powers or plot armor."

This faggot can literally respawn.
>>
>>141068252
>>Every fantasy anime is now mc was trapped into fantasy world.
>>
File: wwMbFH6.gif (370KB, 500x465px) Image search: [Google]
wwMbFH6.gif
370KB, 500x465px
>>141056948
>Re:Zero starts with a sequence of dramatic and gory deaths
>complains that it's just being edgy bullshit

>next few episodes focus on character development
>complains that there's not enough edgy bullshit

You can't impress everyone. Feel free to keep pre-emptively hating AOTS for no good reason.
>>
>>141068548
Then why he is suddenly started to fight like fucking kung-fu master is 3rd ep?
>>
File: alotof4thwalls.gif (1004KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
alotof4thwalls.gif
1004KB, 500x280px
>>141056948
>The issue with tatami galaxy is that it really is just another generic romance anime "with a twist".
>The thing that leaves casualfags easily impressed is the fact that the mc loops back in time.
>The show hasn't even been able to establish a solid plot or end game, right now the plot is basically watashi wants to get his dick wet.
>That's literally it, besides that there is no end game goal.
>It's just. "Lets have Watashi fail at things in the most pretentious way possible to impress all the 12 year olds."
>At least that's what I could gather from the first few episodes. Please prove me wrong

This is what you look like, OP^
>>
Let us go to the other thread. Less cancer of "muh criticism of the show is right!" there.
>>
>>141069747
>The show hasn't even been able to establish a solid plot or end game, right now the plot is basically watashi wants to get his dick wet.
Wrong. It's clear from the first episode that "rose colored campus" life is the final goal for Watashi, even if that goal is essentially flawed.
>>
>>141069833
>"rose colored campus" life is the final goal for Watashi
Which is for all intents and purposes the same as 'getting his dick wet' insofar as Subaru's initial goal of saving Emilia is for all intents and purposes the same as 'getting his dick wet'.

Both are arguably wrong, but that means that the analogy is still a good one.
>>
File: SmugVanguard.jpg (51KB, 303x580px) Image search: [Google]
SmugVanguard.jpg
51KB, 303x580px
>>141056948
>Not liking death loops
Please go away.
>>
>>141056948
I don't know anon. I've really been enjoying this show. True this show doesn't have a direction yet but it's a 24 episode series. What keeps me watching the show is the MC. After seeing him struggle to survive and seeing him actually surviving was rather rewarding and seeing him fail just when you think all is going well was a twist. It makes me to see more and find out why he died.
>>
>>141070237
>>141070239
Go to the other thread, less cancerous than this thread. Try-hard review thread, that's what this is.
>>
>Being so overprotective of any piece of media
Glad I skipped this shit.
>>
>>141056948
>generic mmo anime
No one even seems to know what video game anime means and just seem to be used for anything that is fantasy these days.
>>
>>141073098
>you should take any bad criticism, force it into your skull and admit as a truth, no matter how far away from the truth it is, because that's the only way you're supposed to act online
Get out, fag.
>>
>>141073098
>doesn't defend a series
>omg they can't even argue against critics what a shit series

>does defend a series
>omg they're so overprotective of it what a shit series

I'm starting to honestly enjoy the realisation that a whole load of edgy contrarians are robbing themselves of a good experience solely because of their own hubris and stupidity.
>>
>>141068096
He either (1.) doesn't have it on at all times,
(2.) It's been idle for the whole time and has good battery life (it's not a smartphone, after all)
(3.) He carries around a solar panel on him at all times in case something like this happens.
>>
>>141068096
>How come his cellphone still has battery?
How couldn't it?

>it's been less than two days
>he has no reason to call anyone
>no internet connection to drain battery
>it's a flip phone
>less than 2 days
>2
>>
This thread was about to die. What the actual fuck?
>>
>>141073412
He probably also put it on airplane mode since he's never going to get any reception.
>>
>>141073412
>it's been less than two days
It's not clear with the pacing of the episode, but by that point it's been close to a week. The first time he died in this loop was on around the 4th-5th day, if I recall, and this time should have also been the same night.
>>
>>141073473
Some shitposter wanted to remind everyone that they don't know how to form opinions of their own.
>>
>>141069395
And it's a useless power that just causes him suffering
Also, it's not his power, but a fucking curse
>>
>>141068096
It's not a phone, its a metia.
>>
>>141057094
/ thread

You are taking gore porn too seriously
>>
Why do you faggots let this thread live? Let the "Reviewers" circlejerk by themselves.
>>
>>141073661
Oh shut up why do you care retard
>>
>>141073696
>Oh shut up why do you care retard
>Not adding a comma or a period.
Hi, ESL-kun!
>>
>>141073610
>useless power

If you don't like it just stop watching the show after he dies for the first time. You can pretend he stayed dead and never had the useless power.
>>
I like it so I preordered it and Overlord novels...although they aren't coming out for months
>>
>>141073807
Go to the other thread instead of being in this cancer thread.
>>
>>141073532
>It's not clear with the pacing of the episode, but by that point it's been close to a week. The first time he died in this loop was on around the 4th-5th day, if I recall, and this time should have also been the same night.
A flip phones should last a good week or so in those conditions, so it'll probably only be a plot hole if it's casually working in a few arcs time. It is something to keep your eyes on if you're looking for faults though.

>>141073473
>>141073661
>This thread was about to die. What the actual fuck?
Because it's the threads full of haters where anime-only watchers can discuss the series without risk of being spoiled. Having two threads like this is win-win for us, especially with you lot constantly bumping it, so thanks :3
>>
>>141059607
Not a single death in first 4 episodes happened for no real reason
>>
File: 1435504539710.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1435504539710.gif
2MB, 480x270px
>>141068494
>Ja...Ja...
Holy shit is a Mexican having his last laugh or what?
Thread posts: 201
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.