[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>the majority of /a/ despises Naruto >but thinks dbz is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 8

File: trash animu.jpg (85KB, 634x725px) Image search: [Google]
trash animu.jpg
85KB, 634x725px
>the majority of /a/ despises Naruto
>but thinks dbz is any better

Why is this?

Hard mode: no "muh nostalgia" or "muh childhood"
>>
Because Goku isn't really a hero boyscout the way Naruto is, who becomes way too preachy with his friendship nonsense. Goku's a straight up warrior who enjoy battle, simple as that. He's no savior of the human race whatsoever and only lets villains live out of his own selfish desire to fight them again.

DBZ is entirely about combat and adventure, there are no morals to it like there is with Naruto and nakama power.
>>
/a/ is full of hypocrite asshole.
>>
>>140296041
They both worse than shit, but Naruto is still better.
>>
>>140296041
because we dont like copycats
>>
>>140296189
>Narutard grammar.
>>
/a/ is full of old people.
>>
>>140296041
>>the majority of /a/ despises Naruto

Who cares. Naruto won.

No matter how hard shitposters fought it, Naruto threads are still here.
>>
>>140296041
They're just butthurt.
>>
>>140296041
Lurk before posting.
>>
>>140296176

Man, I don't even read Naruto I know that's not what it's about. If you're going to hate something, at least know anything about it faggot.
>>
>>140296041
spics are not the majority of /a/
they are both shit
>>
File: katana autist real life.jpg (26KB, 367x500px) Image search: [Google]
katana autist real life.jpg
26KB, 367x500px
>>140296041
>the majority of /a/ are manchildren
>>
I think they're both crappy battleshit, but at least Dragon Ball is slightly interesting because of it's fantastical Journey to the West influences. Ninjas are overrated and overdone.
>>
I don't like both and think they should be deported to /co/.
>>
>>140298547
nah he's pretty much right on
that being said dbz is garbage
>>
Shit thread.
Kill yourself, OP.
>>
>>140296041
Dragonball fight:
>Villain: I will defeat you
>Goku: lol
>*Goku powers up*
>Obliterates villain
>*Rinse and repeat for every villain*

Naruto fights:
>Sasuke: I will destroy the village
>Naruto: Stahp you my friend
>Sasuke: Actually no
>Naruto: But muh friendship
>*Naruto powers up and defeats arc villain*
>Naruto: now we are friends
>*Rinse and repeat for every villain*

It's just a lot more entertaining to see an overpowered warrior completely destroy his enemies rather than talk his villains into becoming good
>>
That's because Naruto is shit faggot.

DB>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DBZ>>>>Naruto
>>
>>140296041
Both are shit, get over it
>>
>>140296041
Naruto was the gay thing that those oddball kids talked about in their anime club and tried to imitate on the playground, which gave me a bad stigma I associate it with.

Never saw that happen with Dragonball (this is all personally, I'm sure it could be the reverse for someone else)
>>
>>140298886
>me being held
>>
Coming from an old nostalgia fag that started watching db and dbz on Saturday mornings in 95 I still think naruto is better.

>>140299575
I used to try to charge my ki while playing capture the flag in P.E.
>>
Naruto looks like a faggot
>>
Naruto is an obnoxious character. Goku isn't.
>>
>>140296041
Dragonball has a hundred times more charm
>>
naruto is unwatchable. DBZ at least has great fights and fun characters.

Anyone who actually prefers naruto has never seen DBZ, and are under 16 years old.
>>
File: Kinmoza 5.png (251KB, 841x473px) Image search: [Google]
Kinmoza 5.png
251KB, 841x473px
Naruto is far better.
Has better music, better plot, and better fighting.
MC doesn't sound like a manchild, isn't killed by a laser, can't be brought back to life infinitely.
All of these things are plotholes for dbz because they could have fucking used the dragon balls so MANY GOD DAMN TIMES TO JUST WISH ALL DANGERS OF EATH GONE!!!!
But that's what happens when a retarded manchild is in charge of the future of mankind.
>>
>>140301683
>Anyone who disagrees with me is underage

Great banter anon
>>
>>140301921
2/10

You're lucky i'm easily triggered by bait.
>>
>>140302115
He isn't wrong though.
>>
>>140302119
I don't see how this is bait.
Just because you like dbz better doesn't make this incorrect.
>>
File: nina_face.jpg (126KB, 640x448px) Image search: [Google]
nina_face.jpg
126KB, 640x448px
What was it like 8 episodes of canon material was aired in all of 2015?
>>
>>140301921
>Naruto is far better.
Stopped reading here.
What are these people doing on /a/?
>>
>>140302257
it's called shitposting
>>
File: Nononbi 4.jpg (413KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Nononbi 4.jpg
413KB, 1280x720px
>>140302257
I've seen dbz and naruto.
Naruto was better.
You're clearly blinded and deafened by the sight and sound of a retarded manchild.
Also you stopped reading? Or you just can't read past there?
You identify with the retarded manchild after all, it's to be expected.
>>
File: 542.jpg (39KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
542.jpg
39KB, 500x375px
>>140302413

Not even those creep mouth breather nerds you find huddled together practicing "ninja arts" would say Naruto is better. Naruto was on par with DBZ up until Shitpudden when it completely fell off.
>>
>>140302413
Just stop.
>>
>>140301921
>Naruto is far better
Like, maybe the first half pre-shippudden. Afterwards everything gets way too preachy and MUH FRIENDSHIP with Naruto being an insufferable gary stu. Not to mention the story takes itself way too seriously.

DBZ knows exactly what it is and doesn't try to be anything different. It's hype battles and interesting characters, simple as that. DBZ is far superior to Shippudden at the very least.
>>
File: Watamote 19.png (122KB, 338x368px) Image search: [Google]
Watamote 19.png
122KB, 338x368px
>>140302494
How can you even say that?
Are you being serious?

>>140302590
DBZ doesn't even try.
They don't do anything except punch kick, spirit bomb, killed by laser. And not sure what you mean by interesting characters when they have practically no development.
>>
>>140298547
>I don't even read
>I know that's not what it's about
Well, clearly you haven't read it because you're wrong.
>>
>>140302674
Well the way DBZ fights engage with their punching, kicking, spirit bombs, and getting styled on by lasers is far more entertaining than the try-hard mess that was Shippudden. And there's at least a few characters in DBZ that are very interesting (namely Vegeta and Piccolo), with enough character development to get the job done. Again, DBZ isn't meant to be anything deep the way Shippudden tried and failed to be.

The only possible way you could argue Naruto is anywhere near as good as DBZ is if you're talking pre-Shuppudden when everyone was still just kids. At that time in the story Naruto gave off Hunter x Hunter vibes and the story and writing were pretty damn solid. I could actually stand to go back and re-read that part of Naruto.
>>
File: 1289722995000.jpg (73KB, 601x747px) Image search: [Google]
1289722995000.jpg
73KB, 601x747px
I don't really despise Naruto.
I also don't think it's stellar or anything.
It's not good enough to love or bad enough to hate.
It simply is. I would rank it 5/10.
>>
This thread is pure cancer.
>>
>>140296041
I like both, and I don't care what the rest of /a/ thinks.

Most of /a/ doesn't care what /a/ thinks.
>>
>>140302119
>>140302257
Muh chillhood
Naruto has a story, a built world, more variate characters, actual conflict.

DBZ, every arc = oh wew, it's another villain literally out nowhere!!! and the new baddie is conveniently slightly above the good guys so it can be beaten with a new asspull form/power up.
>>
>>140302922
I'll agree that vegeta and piccolo developed well.
But this is an overall rating that i'm giving here.
In general the world of naruto is more interesting than dbz, the fights are more than just one element. All characters in naruto had development. In general I just find naruto to be the better series. Animation wise, music wise, development wise.
Sure you can say dbz doesn't take itself too seriously but it still doesn't exempt it from at least improving some more.
>>
DBZ allowed villains to be evil and receive punishment

Debate me, faggots
>>
>>140302978
>Hinata is taller than sakura
Fucking triggered
>>
>>140303294
She's standing on naruto.
>>
>>140303221

I remember when I was 13 and thought Naruto was actually good.

Main reason why DBZ is better is that it doesn't try to do anything else beside give you big fights with crazy beams and martial arts whereas Naruto constantly tries to beat you over the head over the friendship crap and "believe it'.

I don't even want to get started on how they butchered Nagato, shafted Neji's character and made one of the worst last arcs in a manga I ever read.
>>
>>140303221
DBZ could of course improve, but even as it is right now I feel that everything it has to offer as a combat oriented adventure is better handled than Shippudden was, which took all the elements that made pre-shippudden Naruto really good and turned it into something else entirely. Shippuden tried to do way too much with its world and the whole power of friendship thing got way too overbearing. The animation, music, or whatever character development there was got rendered entirely pointless by this.

DBZ is far more simple in what it does, however the core concept of engaging battles, regardless of how basic they may be, and the characters, regardless of whether they have the best character development or not, is far more compelling than Shipudden. But I doubt we're going to see eye to eye on this.
>>
>>140296041

Naruto's plot, storyline, character deepness is far better than DB/DBZ. DB's characters are just fucking people that come from nofuckingwhere and they're just random faggots that become important ONLY depending on how strong they are. And NONE of those characters that might have died or become less important due to plot advancing ever return to main scene, only because of their strenght.

this is why i like more naruto than db, because db is ONLY based on shitty power levels that are inconsistent as fuck and become weirder everytime a new faggot appears. Its rather simple, and now that's totally out of creativity and quality, is just plain mediocre.
i also love DB because the very same thing i just said,but naturo is better.
>>
>>140296041
It lets its power creep go full retard and still managed to avoid it being boring or any kind of spectacle creep
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.